Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Starry-Telling Ball & Raffle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[b]@riseandshine Your story is so lyrically beautiful. Tickets & entry recorded![/b] [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/ulpoda9d971.gif[/img]
@riseandshine

Your story is so lyrically beautiful. Tickets & entry recorded!

ulpoda9d971.gif
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
Username: BlueHorse
User ID: 281897
Title (if applicable): The First Constellation
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers):
Submission:

Malif was not a very popular dragon. No, many of the clan kept their distance from him. Not that the Pearlcatcher minded; it let him get on with his works without unnecessary interruptions. Though, he wished the clan could have chosen a better title for him. The 'Dark Arcanist' was a bit off topic, made him sound dark and foreboding.

True, he wasn't opposed to more neutral magics, but never something so dastardly as dark magic in any form. Especially the arts of necromancy, something one had accused him off before joining this clan. In fact, that was the reason why he joined.

Obsidian paws set the bag down and began to remove the contents when a small voice sounded from behind. Turning his head and body Malif blinked down at three small hatchlings. Well, two were small, the other was a Guardian and twice the size of the others. The first was a tiny Spiral, whose voice matched his minute size.

"Can I help you", the Pearlcatcher asked in a polite but exasperated tone. The Spiral glanced to his friends before looking back with huge eyes; typical of such creatures. "We were wondering if you'd show us how to use magic?" The small voice was almost annoying to listen to, almost. Still, Malif didn't like making others upset, but he also didn't like hatchlings or teaching. It wasn't that he was disdainful, only that he was uncomfortable around such young. Teaching he did hate.

"Maybe another time", he said and went back to work. All three hatchlings took a pace forward, "Please? We promise to listen good and not get confused and make a mess." Pink hued eyes looked back to see three pleading faces. "I'm sorry but I'm kinda busy.."

Each head bowed slightly in disappointment, the small Mirror giving a mumbled "Awe". With a frown, Malif sighed and waved a paw. "Fine.. As long as you promise, I might be able to show you a few tricks." The young dragons immediately perked up with wide grins and the Spiral leaping into the air with a whoop of excitement.

Once there were all seated, slowly began to blow out the many candles lighting the room. He left three, one in each corner, before standing in front on the trio. "Have you ever heard of the First Constellation?" The small heads shook in answer; no, they had not. The dark scaled Pearlcatcher smiled. "Good."

Then with a wave of his wings he extinguished the last three candles and tossed out his paw. From his outstretched fingers glittering dust flew in every direction before stopping in mid flight where they froze. The hatchlings each gave gasps and squeaks of fright then awe. Each tiny speck pulsed with its own light, giving the room the feeling of stars hung perfectly in the cosmos.

"This is Meloth, the first constellation." Malif pointed to grouping of stars hidden away among the others. "Meloth was said to be the first dragon of the gods ever to walk the earth. He helped the other first dragons by guiding them in how to live. He was also a great map maker. He traveled all of Sornieth and discovered every inch of land and sea within the gods' domains."

The Guardian whispered something to the Mirror, who raised her tiny hand. Malif sighed, "Yes?" The Mirror let her arm fall, "Was Meloth a Guardian? Doga says that he was a Guardian."

"Did not, tattle tell." The Guardian crossed his arms in defiance as the Mirror stuck her tongue out at him. "Hey, don't do that. No one knows what kind of dragon Meloth was, we just know he was a dragon. Okay.

"Meloth was such a great help to all the others that when he died, the gods blessed him. They made a place in the heavens for him to keep watch over their children. He will forever guide us as long as we look to the heavens, ensuring that we never loose our way just as he did when living. He never moves in the sky, always faces west, and grows closer as the seasons change from fall to winter then farther from spring to summer."

The hatchlings gave a little mumbles of admiration as they stared at the mass of stars, taking in its shape and utter beauty. Suddenly, just as when they blew out, the candles burst to life and the dust fell from their places before dissolving into nothing. The hatchlings squealed in delight as they reached up to catch the dust before it dissipated.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work." Malif ushered the still awestruck youth from the room. Just before they exited, each one thanked him for the story and 'magic show', giving happy smile and joyful words. He waited until they were gone before smiling as they had.
Username: BlueHorse
User ID: 281897
Title (if applicable): The First Constellation
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers):
Submission:

Malif was not a very popular dragon. No, many of the clan kept their distance from him. Not that the Pearlcatcher minded; it let him get on with his works without unnecessary interruptions. Though, he wished the clan could have chosen a better title for him. The 'Dark Arcanist' was a bit off topic, made him sound dark and foreboding.

True, he wasn't opposed to more neutral magics, but never something so dastardly as dark magic in any form. Especially the arts of necromancy, something one had accused him off before joining this clan. In fact, that was the reason why he joined.

Obsidian paws set the bag down and began to remove the contents when a small voice sounded from behind. Turning his head and body Malif blinked down at three small hatchlings. Well, two were small, the other was a Guardian and twice the size of the others. The first was a tiny Spiral, whose voice matched his minute size.

"Can I help you", the Pearlcatcher asked in a polite but exasperated tone. The Spiral glanced to his friends before looking back with huge eyes; typical of such creatures. "We were wondering if you'd show us how to use magic?" The small voice was almost annoying to listen to, almost. Still, Malif didn't like making others upset, but he also didn't like hatchlings or teaching. It wasn't that he was disdainful, only that he was uncomfortable around such young. Teaching he did hate.

"Maybe another time", he said and went back to work. All three hatchlings took a pace forward, "Please? We promise to listen good and not get confused and make a mess." Pink hued eyes looked back to see three pleading faces. "I'm sorry but I'm kinda busy.."

Each head bowed slightly in disappointment, the small Mirror giving a mumbled "Awe". With a frown, Malif sighed and waved a paw. "Fine.. As long as you promise, I might be able to show you a few tricks." The young dragons immediately perked up with wide grins and the Spiral leaping into the air with a whoop of excitement.

Once there were all seated, slowly began to blow out the many candles lighting the room. He left three, one in each corner, before standing in front on the trio. "Have you ever heard of the First Constellation?" The small heads shook in answer; no, they had not. The dark scaled Pearlcatcher smiled. "Good."

Then with a wave of his wings he extinguished the last three candles and tossed out his paw. From his outstretched fingers glittering dust flew in every direction before stopping in mid flight where they froze. The hatchlings each gave gasps and squeaks of fright then awe. Each tiny speck pulsed with its own light, giving the room the feeling of stars hung perfectly in the cosmos.

"This is Meloth, the first constellation." Malif pointed to grouping of stars hidden away among the others. "Meloth was said to be the first dragon of the gods ever to walk the earth. He helped the other first dragons by guiding them in how to live. He was also a great map maker. He traveled all of Sornieth and discovered every inch of land and sea within the gods' domains."

The Guardian whispered something to the Mirror, who raised her tiny hand. Malif sighed, "Yes?" The Mirror let her arm fall, "Was Meloth a Guardian? Doga says that he was a Guardian."

"Did not, tattle tell." The Guardian crossed his arms in defiance as the Mirror stuck her tongue out at him. "Hey, don't do that. No one knows what kind of dragon Meloth was, we just know he was a dragon. Okay.

"Meloth was such a great help to all the others that when he died, the gods blessed him. They made a place in the heavens for him to keep watch over their children. He will forever guide us as long as we look to the heavens, ensuring that we never loose our way just as he did when living. He never moves in the sky, always faces west, and grows closer as the seasons change from fall to winter then farther from spring to summer."

The hatchlings gave a little mumbles of admiration as they stared at the mass of stars, taking in its shape and utter beauty. Suddenly, just as when they blew out, the candles burst to life and the dust fell from their places before dissolving into nothing. The hatchlings squealed in delight as they reached up to catch the dust before it dissipated.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work." Malif ushered the still awestruck youth from the room. Just before they exited, each one thanked him for the story and 'magic show', giving happy smile and joyful words. He waited until they were gone before smiling as they had.
2mjUkBn.png eTzHIVk.pngtumblr_owcu6cx37C1vr5hp1o3_250.png
@BlueHorse I just saw it! I've got your tickets and entry recorded for today! I'll read it tomorrow! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/dlupoa9d969.gif[/img] Thank you and Happy Starfall!
@BlueHorse

I just saw it! I've got your tickets and entry recorded for today! I'll read it tomorrow!

dlupoa9d969.gif Thank you and Happy Starfall!
@SocklessWonder
Question! It says we can only submit one per day, but then it also says we have till the 30th to get all our submissions in. Does that mean we literally can only do one per day and once you miss one that's it, or if we miss one day we can send all 6 in on the 30th? I ask because I wasn't able to finish writing my story for yesterday, but I also have an idea for today's.... >.>
@SocklessWonder
Question! It says we can only submit one per day, but then it also says we have till the 30th to get all our submissions in. Does that mean we literally can only do one per day and once you miss one that's it, or if we miss one day we can send all 6 in on the 30th? I ask because I wasn't able to finish writing my story for yesterday, but I also have an idea for today's.... >.>
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
(Either way, here's my first entry! I might submit the next one later in the day if it's acceptable. :P)

Username: @Saraceaser

User ID: 251571

Title: The Dragon & The Raptorik

Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): I kind of used the Starchart and made my own constellation? I'm not able to post the picture, but here's the link to the Google Doc I wrote this story on which has the edited Starchart: HERE (I call it 'Valouran, the Raptorik Warrior'. :3 ...I just realized there is actually a game specifically for making constellations using it.... *shrug* well, too late now, I suppose? XD

Sorry this isn't really Arcane Flight/Starfall related; I got inspired and kind of went with it. ^^;; That being said, this story is also a BIT cliche I admit, but it was a lot of fun to write so I kind of let it be.

Submission:
“Now, you see those stars? That’s Valouran, the Raptorik Warrior,” Krendall told the starry-eyed hatchlings gathered around him. The old warrior was telling a group of hatchlings the stories of some of the constellations he knows. One of the hatchlings, a Spiral, piped up.

“What’s so great about Valouran? Aren’t all Familiars of the Beastclan bad?” he asked with a hint of confusion. The other hatchlings also gained a curious look as they waited for the Snapper to speak.

“Well, young lad, Raptorik migrate through the Starfall Isles a few times a year, but this one saved a Tundra, and thus saved an entire Clan,” Krendall said with a hint of mysticism, only increasing the wonderment of the hatchlings as he began his tale…

I need to find my way back, Odysseus asserted. He could barely hold the parchment map in his claws, let alone see through the rain falling into his flight goggles. Of all the times for a storm to happen… the Tundra silently cursed, putting the currently useless map back into his satchel. Having just picked up the specially made package which now laid at the bottom of his satchel, Odysseus took off for the trip home despite the warnings of the local Arcane Dragons; now he was regretting it, but he knew he HAD to make it back the Sunbeam Ruins as quickly as possible.

I need to bring this back or… not wanting to consider the consequences, Odysseus grit his teeth and flew against the storm. Even though it was slow going, with the storm seeming to fight against him, he was sure he was making progress. That was, until a large burst of strong wind came from behind. Of all things-! Out of balance, the Tundra fought for control, desperately trying to stabilize himself, but something pink and glowing suddenly appeared in front of him, and with a numbing crash he fell into darkness.

Something… is different, Odysseus thought as his mind began to pull itself out of it’s haze. Why- the storm! I need to- The Tundra suddenly opened his eyes and sat up, but a wave of nausea hit him, causing him to hold his head in his claws. Ugh… Where am I? As the vertigo faded, he blinked up and looked around; Night had fallen, and the foliage of the trees glowed with a beautifully haunting iridescence, like being surrounded by his own personal galaxy. Glancing up past the glowing trees, Odysseus watched the stars peer through with the crescent moon shining far above.

Night… I’ve been out too long. After making sure the package was still inside his satchel, the Tundra moved to get up, but… *SNAP!* MOTHER OF- Odysseus bit his tongue as he collapsed back onto the ground, his left wing throbbing in immense pain. He laid there for a few seconds before slowly reaching out and, wincing, pulled his wing closer so he could inspect it. A broken wing; perfect. Odysseus thought as the wing hung limply. Sighing, he rummaged through his bag for anything he could use for a splint; this wasn’t the first time his wing was broken, but he cursed it for happening at the worst time. Now, all that’s left to make this day any better is-

“ROAR!” Odysseus immediately turned and looked as a large Starbear stood on it’s hind legs. No, that’s a Slumbering Charlatan; the storm must’ve woken it up from it’s sleep! As the Familiar growled, dropping down to four legs and eyeing him with a cold hate, Odysseus immediately went to his satchel and began to rummage through it quickly, but to his distress he didn’t have any currently useful items on him. The one time I leave the Familiar Sleeping Powder at home! He cursed his stupidity as it stepped closer. I’m in no shape to fight or run. He paused, glancing down at the satchel with the package’s corner peeking through.

“But I MUST get back!” Odysseus growled out. The Tundra bared his fangs and claws, growling fiercely back as the Familiar roared it’s challenge. As the two stared each other down, neither noticed a shadow watching from the trees, until- *CAW!*

This Raptorik… saved me? Odysseus could only stare at the bipedal Familiar which stood between the injured Tundra and the Slumbering Charlatan. Despite the Charlatan being several times bigger than the Raptorik, the Beastclan member refused to back down, cawing ferociously as it wielded it’s spear, daring the bear-like Familiar to take a step closer. The Slumbering Charlatan, not wanting to fight against the spear, glared at the two one last time before turning around and disappearing back into the woods.

Odysseus, who watched the whole thing, was completely stunned and only could watch as the Raptorik glanced at the much larger Tundra and began to walk away. It was only after a few seconds that Odysseus fully registered what happened.

“You!” He called out, though not really sure why. The Raptorik paused, but didn’t turn around as Odysseus tried to gather his thoughts, but they came back to one thing. “Why did you help me?” He finally asked. The Raptorik didn’t say anything but it turned, and using it’s spear, pointed to the Tundra’s wing. Seeming to find the gesture satisfactory, the Raptorik again turned around, but again Odysseus spoke up.

“Wait! Can… you show me the way out of here?” It was a long shot, but he really didn’t know where he was nor could he fly to see. After a moment the Raptorik grunted, turning left and walking off. Odysseus just watched it go, but when it noticed that he wasn’t following, it again grunted, waving it’s spear. Realizing what that meant, Odysseus followed as fast as he could with his injured wing, but luckily the Raptorik only walked fast enough so there was only some distance between them.

Are we… Almost out? Odysseus thought after a while, noticing that the glowing blue trees began to give way to dead, defiled ones. We’re near the border of the Scarred Wasteland, he realized. As the last of the glowing trees disappeared, the Raptorik suddenly stopped. It turned to Odysseus, eyeing him, and, with a grunt, headed back into the Starwood Stand.

“Wait!” Odysseus called. A bit miffed, the Raptorik turned around with a glare, but waited as the Tundra rummaged through his satchel. Coming upon the rectangular package, he opened it up, revealing several squares of what looked like cubic crystals stacked neatly together. Grabbing a few of them, he slowly walked over to the now cautious Raptorik, offering the pink, translucent blocks.

“This is for helping me. It’s a special and rare type of medicine specifically used for the curing of almost any type of magical sickness. A plague had touched upon my Clan so I was sent to get these, but I have more than enough to give these to you,” Odysseus said as the blue-feathered Familiar slowly took the blocks. Satisfied, the Tundra began to walk away when, this time, the Raptorik spoke up.

“...Valouran.” Huh? Odysseus turned around as the Raptorik held the pink, almost completely see-through blocks of medicine in his talons. “Valouran; my name.” The Tundra processed this for a moment before giving him a wide, true smile.

“Odysseus,” he simply said in return. Both giving an understanding nod, they each set off in opposite directions.

“-And when word spread of Valouran’s deeds, a group of astronomers in the Starfall Isle realized they had just discovered a new group of stars that fit into the perfect constellation of a Raptorik, and thought it was destiny,” Krendall finished, satisfied. All of the hatchlings began speaking at once, chatting with each other as the Snapper glanced up at the night sky and the stars far, far away.

(A bit cheesy, as I said! Also, this goes about 100 words over... I hope that's fine? I tried to shorten the word length when I went back and edited, but it still ended at about 1300 words... >.>)
(Either way, here's my first entry! I might submit the next one later in the day if it's acceptable. :P)

Username: @Saraceaser

User ID: 251571

Title: The Dragon & The Raptorik

Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): I kind of used the Starchart and made my own constellation? I'm not able to post the picture, but here's the link to the Google Doc I wrote this story on which has the edited Starchart: HERE (I call it 'Valouran, the Raptorik Warrior'. :3 ...I just realized there is actually a game specifically for making constellations using it.... *shrug* well, too late now, I suppose? XD

Sorry this isn't really Arcane Flight/Starfall related; I got inspired and kind of went with it. ^^;; That being said, this story is also a BIT cliche I admit, but it was a lot of fun to write so I kind of let it be.

Submission:
“Now, you see those stars? That’s Valouran, the Raptorik Warrior,” Krendall told the starry-eyed hatchlings gathered around him. The old warrior was telling a group of hatchlings the stories of some of the constellations he knows. One of the hatchlings, a Spiral, piped up.

“What’s so great about Valouran? Aren’t all Familiars of the Beastclan bad?” he asked with a hint of confusion. The other hatchlings also gained a curious look as they waited for the Snapper to speak.

“Well, young lad, Raptorik migrate through the Starfall Isles a few times a year, but this one saved a Tundra, and thus saved an entire Clan,” Krendall said with a hint of mysticism, only increasing the wonderment of the hatchlings as he began his tale…

I need to find my way back, Odysseus asserted. He could barely hold the parchment map in his claws, let alone see through the rain falling into his flight goggles. Of all the times for a storm to happen… the Tundra silently cursed, putting the currently useless map back into his satchel. Having just picked up the specially made package which now laid at the bottom of his satchel, Odysseus took off for the trip home despite the warnings of the local Arcane Dragons; now he was regretting it, but he knew he HAD to make it back the Sunbeam Ruins as quickly as possible.

I need to bring this back or… not wanting to consider the consequences, Odysseus grit his teeth and flew against the storm. Even though it was slow going, with the storm seeming to fight against him, he was sure he was making progress. That was, until a large burst of strong wind came from behind. Of all things-! Out of balance, the Tundra fought for control, desperately trying to stabilize himself, but something pink and glowing suddenly appeared in front of him, and with a numbing crash he fell into darkness.

Something… is different, Odysseus thought as his mind began to pull itself out of it’s haze. Why- the storm! I need to- The Tundra suddenly opened his eyes and sat up, but a wave of nausea hit him, causing him to hold his head in his claws. Ugh… Where am I? As the vertigo faded, he blinked up and looked around; Night had fallen, and the foliage of the trees glowed with a beautifully haunting iridescence, like being surrounded by his own personal galaxy. Glancing up past the glowing trees, Odysseus watched the stars peer through with the crescent moon shining far above.

Night… I’ve been out too long. After making sure the package was still inside his satchel, the Tundra moved to get up, but… *SNAP!* MOTHER OF- Odysseus bit his tongue as he collapsed back onto the ground, his left wing throbbing in immense pain. He laid there for a few seconds before slowly reaching out and, wincing, pulled his wing closer so he could inspect it. A broken wing; perfect. Odysseus thought as the wing hung limply. Sighing, he rummaged through his bag for anything he could use for a splint; this wasn’t the first time his wing was broken, but he cursed it for happening at the worst time. Now, all that’s left to make this day any better is-

“ROAR!” Odysseus immediately turned and looked as a large Starbear stood on it’s hind legs. No, that’s a Slumbering Charlatan; the storm must’ve woken it up from it’s sleep! As the Familiar growled, dropping down to four legs and eyeing him with a cold hate, Odysseus immediately went to his satchel and began to rummage through it quickly, but to his distress he didn’t have any currently useful items on him. The one time I leave the Familiar Sleeping Powder at home! He cursed his stupidity as it stepped closer. I’m in no shape to fight or run. He paused, glancing down at the satchel with the package’s corner peeking through.

“But I MUST get back!” Odysseus growled out. The Tundra bared his fangs and claws, growling fiercely back as the Familiar roared it’s challenge. As the two stared each other down, neither noticed a shadow watching from the trees, until- *CAW!*

This Raptorik… saved me? Odysseus could only stare at the bipedal Familiar which stood between the injured Tundra and the Slumbering Charlatan. Despite the Charlatan being several times bigger than the Raptorik, the Beastclan member refused to back down, cawing ferociously as it wielded it’s spear, daring the bear-like Familiar to take a step closer. The Slumbering Charlatan, not wanting to fight against the spear, glared at the two one last time before turning around and disappearing back into the woods.

Odysseus, who watched the whole thing, was completely stunned and only could watch as the Raptorik glanced at the much larger Tundra and began to walk away. It was only after a few seconds that Odysseus fully registered what happened.

“You!” He called out, though not really sure why. The Raptorik paused, but didn’t turn around as Odysseus tried to gather his thoughts, but they came back to one thing. “Why did you help me?” He finally asked. The Raptorik didn’t say anything but it turned, and using it’s spear, pointed to the Tundra’s wing. Seeming to find the gesture satisfactory, the Raptorik again turned around, but again Odysseus spoke up.

“Wait! Can… you show me the way out of here?” It was a long shot, but he really didn’t know where he was nor could he fly to see. After a moment the Raptorik grunted, turning left and walking off. Odysseus just watched it go, but when it noticed that he wasn’t following, it again grunted, waving it’s spear. Realizing what that meant, Odysseus followed as fast as he could with his injured wing, but luckily the Raptorik only walked fast enough so there was only some distance between them.

Are we… Almost out? Odysseus thought after a while, noticing that the glowing blue trees began to give way to dead, defiled ones. We’re near the border of the Scarred Wasteland, he realized. As the last of the glowing trees disappeared, the Raptorik suddenly stopped. It turned to Odysseus, eyeing him, and, with a grunt, headed back into the Starwood Stand.

“Wait!” Odysseus called. A bit miffed, the Raptorik turned around with a glare, but waited as the Tundra rummaged through his satchel. Coming upon the rectangular package, he opened it up, revealing several squares of what looked like cubic crystals stacked neatly together. Grabbing a few of them, he slowly walked over to the now cautious Raptorik, offering the pink, translucent blocks.

“This is for helping me. It’s a special and rare type of medicine specifically used for the curing of almost any type of magical sickness. A plague had touched upon my Clan so I was sent to get these, but I have more than enough to give these to you,” Odysseus said as the blue-feathered Familiar slowly took the blocks. Satisfied, the Tundra began to walk away when, this time, the Raptorik spoke up.

“...Valouran.” Huh? Odysseus turned around as the Raptorik held the pink, almost completely see-through blocks of medicine in his talons. “Valouran; my name.” The Tundra processed this for a moment before giving him a wide, true smile.

“Odysseus,” he simply said in return. Both giving an understanding nod, they each set off in opposite directions.

“-And when word spread of Valouran’s deeds, a group of astronomers in the Starfall Isle realized they had just discovered a new group of stars that fit into the perfect constellation of a Raptorik, and thought it was destiny,” Krendall finished, satisfied. All of the hatchlings began speaking at once, chatting with each other as the Snapper glanced up at the night sky and the stars far, far away.

(A bit cheesy, as I said! Also, this goes about 100 words over... I hope that's fine? I tried to shorten the word length when I went back and edited, but it still ended at about 1300 words... >.>)
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Username: StormDragon21
User ID: 198529
Title (if applicable): Terra's Companions
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): Not canon to Flight Rising
Submission:
Even gods find it to be lonely.
Terra was the first to decide the world needed new life. She created animals, beings without rational thought. She surrounded herself with these new companions, but they were not enough.
Zephyr created birds that flew above the land, for Terra to chase after. Some, she found, could even mimic the god's speech in a pantomime. But eventually, these new creatures became boring.
Bakun created creatures to live in the sea. Terra could not enter the water, but she rested above, and watched them come to her when she dropped in food and dart away when she splashed the water with pebbles. But soon, these too were not enough.
Vulcan, determined to overstep his brother, created fiery spirits to chase in heated air. Terra watched in awe at their burning flight that left patterns of smoke in the air, and their lifelike screeching. But they were not intelligent enough, and again Terra was lonely.
Seed finally had a plan. "We will create beings with intelligence, and then Terra will like them. They will have the warmth of Terra's beasts, the speech of Zephyr's birds, the curiosity of Bakun's fish, and the beauty of Vulcan's spirits."
With the traits from the four gods and Seed's magic, the first dragons appeared. Terra loved the new creations, and vowed to teach them to survive not like beasts, but like gods.
Only Sombra was unhappy. She did not help at all with the newborn dragons, so she stole some of the other gods' creations and made them her own. She fiddled with spare parts until she made six races. Terra disowned those chimeric creatures and left them to their own, and Sombra vowed to care for them herself. However, she did not know the land as intimately as Terra, and as such her creations were not as intelligent. Because of their heritage, we call them the Beastclans.
Username: StormDragon21
User ID: 198529
Title (if applicable): Terra's Companions
Special notes (if applicable - including triggers): Not canon to Flight Rising
Submission:
Even gods find it to be lonely.
Terra was the first to decide the world needed new life. She created animals, beings without rational thought. She surrounded herself with these new companions, but they were not enough.
Zephyr created birds that flew above the land, for Terra to chase after. Some, she found, could even mimic the god's speech in a pantomime. But eventually, these new creatures became boring.
Bakun created creatures to live in the sea. Terra could not enter the water, but she rested above, and watched them come to her when she dropped in food and dart away when she splashed the water with pebbles. But soon, these too were not enough.
Vulcan, determined to overstep his brother, created fiery spirits to chase in heated air. Terra watched in awe at their burning flight that left patterns of smoke in the air, and their lifelike screeching. But they were not intelligent enough, and again Terra was lonely.
Seed finally had a plan. "We will create beings with intelligence, and then Terra will like them. They will have the warmth of Terra's beasts, the speech of Zephyr's birds, the curiosity of Bakun's fish, and the beauty of Vulcan's spirits."
With the traits from the four gods and Seed's magic, the first dragons appeared. Terra loved the new creations, and vowed to teach them to survive not like beasts, but like gods.
Only Sombra was unhappy. She did not help at all with the newborn dragons, so she stole some of the other gods' creations and made them her own. She fiddled with spare parts until she made six races. Terra disowned those chimeric creatures and left them to their own, and Sombra vowed to care for them herself. However, she did not know the land as intimately as Terra, and as such her creations were not as intelligent. Because of their heritage, we call them the Beastclans.
Mg9qSuP.gif
@Saraceaser Nice catch! What was intended for that was that your entries could be edited at any time prior to rollover on the 30th, but that's not quite what was written in the rules. That said, my event co-runner (AstralKepeire) and I have no problem with entries turned in for previous days - late ones won't be eligible for previous days' mini-raffles, but they will be considered for the competition as a whole and will earn tickets! So, yes, please do enter up to 7 stories! As for today, I really like the constellation pic - it helps bring the story to life! I have your tickets and entry recorded (and you're in for today's mini-raffle)! [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/ulpoda9d971.gif[/img]
@Saraceaser

Nice catch! What was intended for that was that your entries could be edited at any time prior to rollover on the 30th, but that's not quite what was written in the rules. That said, my event co-runner (AstralKepeire) and I have no problem with entries turned in for previous days - late ones won't be eligible for previous days' mini-raffles, but they will be considered for the competition as a whole and will earn tickets!

So, yes, please do enter up to 7 stories!

As for today, I really like the constellation pic - it helps bring the story to life! I have your tickets and entry recorded (and you're in for today's mini-raffle)!

ulpoda9d971.gif

@BlueHorse

Your story is so filled with living detail...and the hatchlings--I could see the little Mirror with my mind's eye, asking her question and then sticking her tongue out at the little Guardian!

I hope you'll post more stories!
@BlueHorse

Your story is so filled with living detail...and the hatchlings--I could see the little Mirror with my mind's eye, asking her question and then sticking her tongue out at the little Guardian!

I hope you'll post more stories!
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdloau9da9c.png[/img] [center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=#FE2EC8]S[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=4][b]unday's Mini-Raffle Prize is:[/b][/size][/font] [item=Chalcedony Snipper] [b][i]and[/i][/b] [center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=#FE2EC8]S[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=4][b]unday's Mini-Raffle Prize [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=#FE2EC8]W[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=3][b]inner is:[/b][/size][/font] [size=4][b][color=#FE2EC8]@riseandshine[/color][/b][/size][/font] [img]http://www.auplod.com/u/dlupoa9d969.gif[/img] [center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b][color=#FE2EC8]C[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=4][b]ongratulations![/b][/size][/font] [/center]
pdloau9da9c.png

Sunday's Mini-Raffle Prize is:

Chalcedony Snipper

and

Sunday's Mini-Raffle Prize Winner is:

@riseandshine

dlupoa9d969.gif
Congratulations!

@socklesswonder

I made a mistake and accidentally posted two stories for what would be considered yesterday. Should I re-post today's?
@socklesswonder

I made a mistake and accidentally posted two stories for what would be considered yesterday. Should I re-post today's?
Mg9qSuP.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18