Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [ICEDOM] OOF Raffle - complete
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 124 125
[BR]----- -----[columns][FONT=CAMBRIA][SIZE=4]SHIP'S LOG, DAY THE SECOND; [/SIZE][/FONT][nextcol][color=transparent]++++++++++++++++++++++++++[nextcol][right][FONT=cursive][SIZE=4][i][b]the wreck[/b][/i][/SIZE][/FONT][/columns]----- ----- [columns][color=transparent]+++++[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33560339][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/335604/33560339p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][indent][font=cambria][size=4][b]T[/b][/size][font=cambria][i]his day began with challenging weather: a fresh breeze blowing west by south, with a long low westerly swell.[/I] I went aloft at three bells this morning with Laurentia to furl the tops and t’gallants. This was much to the chagrin of Beaufort, though he agreed the wreck would keep, and a refit at sea to repair one of the masts was far less appealing than reducing our pace now. It was Whipwillow who espied the wreck first. She is not much of one for manning the sails with the rest of the crew (though none of us would ever mention that she is too small to heave and haul the lines), so she spent much of the day with an eye fixed to her spyglass. The lusty cry of “Land ho!” stirred the hearts of every soul among our crew - mine included. For as we gathered at the poop deck to take turns raising the ‘glass to our own eyes, there she was, right where the stranger’s chart had indicated: the wreck! She lies on the windward side of a little island - scarce more than a jumble of jagged rocks - in her day, with the wind in her sails, she must have been a sight to behold. Alas that now she is in such a state of ruin, dashed against the unforgiving rocks in some long-forgotten squall. Her elegant timbers are twisted and faded, great sails hanging in sad tatters from what remains of masts and yards, her sheets and shrouds (where they remain) heavy with rot. Her stern lies mostly beneath the waves, and by some twist of fate - or act of god, Icewarden be praised - her proud banner yet hangs from the enseign staff, though none of us can make her colours out… yet! Long moments we each spent studying the stern and flag through the 'glass. After regrettably little time at the spyglass, I returned to the helm, seeking a safe place to weigh anchor - best to pay every attention to caution here, lest we join the galleon in her watery prison. It was with deep regret that I prepared to call the crew back to their posts for the first watch of the evening when Laurentia cried out with a start, her face deathly pallid as she handed me the glass. “Captain! There are [i]spirits[/i] aboard that ship!” Of course, I made all haste to reassure her. The mind is prone to mischief, after all, especially in places like this. Like as not, it was a trick of the setting sun on frigid water that she had seen as she stared overlong through the glass, and I was sure to tell her so. There are no monsters in the dark, though there are dangers, and we’d do well to get a good night’s sleep that we may best tackle this conundrum on the morrow. [/indent][right][br][br][font=cursive][size=5] - [i]Captain Frost Hallowind[/i] [/columns][br][br][center] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/3395.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/20120.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/262.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/5916.png[/img][/center] [br] [br] [right]-----[b]credits[/b]: ithika (46361), jetfeather (279801) and squidragon (48487)[/right]

SHIP'S LOG, DAY THE SECOND; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
the wreck

+++++ 33560339p.png
This day began with challenging weather: a fresh breeze blowing west by south, with a long low westerly swell. I went aloft at three bells this morning with Laurentia to furl the tops and t’gallants. This was much to the chagrin of Beaufort, though he agreed the wreck would keep, and a refit at sea to repair one of the masts was far less appealing than reducing our pace now.

It was Whipwillow who espied the wreck first. She is not much of one for manning the sails with the rest of the crew (though none of us would ever mention that she is too small to heave and haul the lines), so she spent much of the day with an eye fixed to her spyglass.

The lusty cry of “Land ho!” stirred the hearts of every soul among our crew - mine included. For as we gathered at the poop deck to take turns raising the ‘glass to our own eyes, there she was, right where the stranger’s chart had indicated: the wreck!

She lies on the windward side of a little island - scarce more than a jumble of jagged rocks - in her day, with the wind in her sails, she must have been a sight to behold. Alas that now she is in such a state of ruin, dashed against the unforgiving rocks in some long-forgotten squall. Her elegant timbers are twisted and faded, great sails hanging in sad tatters from what remains of masts and yards, her sheets and shrouds (where they remain) heavy with rot.

Her stern lies mostly beneath the waves, and by some twist of fate - or act of god, Icewarden be praised - her proud banner yet hangs from the enseign staff, though none of us can make her colours out… yet!

Long moments we each spent studying the stern and flag through the 'glass. After regrettably little time at the spyglass, I returned to the helm, seeking a safe place to weigh anchor - best to pay every attention to caution here, lest we join the galleon in her watery prison. It was with deep regret that I prepared to call the crew back to their posts for the first watch of the evening when Laurentia cried out with a start, her face deathly pallid as she handed me the glass. “Captain! There are spirits aboard that ship!”

Of course, I made all haste to reassure her. The mind is prone to mischief, after all, especially in places like this. Like as not, it was a trick of the setting sun on frigid water that she had seen as she stared overlong through the glass, and I was sure to tell her so. There are no monsters in the dark, though there are dangers, and we’d do well to get a good night’s sleep that we may best tackle this conundrum on the morrow.

- Captain Frost Hallowind

3395.png20120.png262.png5916.png

credits: ithika (46361), jetfeather (279801) and squidragon (48487)
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
@Spookery

Ping pong! Sending 2 lvl 4s for the raffle! \o/
@Spookery

Ping pong! Sending 2 lvl 4s for the raffle! \o/
U80694W.png
@Spookery

Sending some raffle dergs your way!
@Spookery

Sending some raffle dergs your way!
je67dzK.gifgLbSZXW.gif59TgHaL.png
@Aetheric @Aeroden Sounds great! :D
@Aetheric @Aeroden Sounds great! :D
......................... tumblr_inline_mlln9e2VE81qz4rgp.png
S P O O K
acolyte of the icewarden
fr+3 • gaoler lover
tumblr_inline_mlln9hTsyE1qz4rgp.png
@Ithika I wanted to tell you I'm like, glued to your writing pieces so far. * u * I hope you know what an incredible, detailed author you are omg.... waves a little ithika flag
@Ithika I wanted to tell you I'm like, glued to your writing pieces so far. * u * I hope you know what an incredible, detailed author you are omg.... waves a little ithika flag
......................... tumblr_inline_mlln9e2VE81qz4rgp.png
S P O O K
acolyte of the icewarden
fr+3 • gaoler lover
tumblr_inline_mlln9hTsyE1qz4rgp.png
@Thoracosaurus

I have sent a PA for 1 Level 10 Nocturne
@Thoracosaurus

I have sent a PA for 1 Level 10 Nocturne
tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png
@Gemmabean

Got it! Thank you for supporting Ice! :)
@Gemmabean

Got it! Thank you for supporting Ice! :)
bQiQUFQ.png
@Thoracosaurus

Sending a lvl 10 with colour bonus your way~ Will send more in a bit ^^
@Thoracosaurus

Sending a lvl 10 with colour bonus your way~ Will send more in a bit ^^
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
@Espoir

Hi! I see you sent me a PA for 1000t for your dragon, but it is worth 23,250 treasure - did you want to send it for 1t for triple tickets or get the full payout?
@Espoir

Hi! I see you sent me a PA for 1000t for your dragon, but it is worth 23,250 treasure - did you want to send it for 1t for triple tickets or get the full payout?
bQiQUFQ.png
@Thoracosaurus

Ah, i meant to send it for the triple tickets but i saw on the spreadsheet that you were offering a 1k bonus unless that doesn't count for triple ticket dragons? I can resend the PA if that's the case : o
@Thoracosaurus

Ah, i meant to send it for the triple tickets but i saw on the spreadsheet that you were offering a 1k bonus unless that doesn't count for triple ticket dragons? I can resend the PA if that's the case : o
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 124 125