Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | The Rec Roulette [On Hold]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48
The Rec Roulette

Hi all! I haven't been as active on FR lately, so I've decided to put our weekly roulette on hold. If you're still interested in participating in the future, you can always be asked to be put on our ping list so I can notify you next time I get a raffle going.

(In the meantime, I am open to swapping my familiars for one of equal or higher gem value. You're welcome to contact me about this once all winners have received their prizes.)

‘Lo, all, and welcome to the Rec Roulette! Inspired by RyoseiHime’s own raffle thread, I’ve decided to open up my own weekly giveaway, this one with changing themes. Just thought it would be a fun idea and a good way to get great recommendations on stuff I’m interested in, aha.

---

How it works:

I’ll set up a new theme every week, and you can enter simply by participating in them.

There will be at least two winners every week: one chosen at random, and one chosen based on best recommendation.

The prize is an option of an unsold dragon or item(s) of choice.

---

Rules:

1. Name the dragon. It’s fine if you need a while to think of something, but if you don’t plan on keeping it, please name before exalting or selling them. I also don’t mind choosing a name for it, if you prefer.

2. Your recommendation for the raffle has to be one that no one’s suggested before. You can check previous entries or the GDoc to confirm, and I’ll try to let you know if it’s a repeat.

3. You aren’t allowed to change your recommendation unless it’s a repeat.

4. One entry per person per week, and try not to list out multiples in your entry. (You can always enter again each time the theme changes.)

5. Each themed raffle ends on the Saturday to Sunday rollover, with winners announced some time on Sunday (FR time). A new theme will be set up either on Sunday or Monday (FR time).

6. Dragon prizes may be subjected to change (as they are also being sold on AH), but there will always be at least three dragons to choose from.

7. Prizes are given out in order of winners listed: by best recommendation(s), then random selection. This means that first person listed gets first pick, second person gets second pick, and so on. Winners get two days to choose a prize before I move on.

8. Have fun, guys, and thanks for the recs!
The Rec Roulette

Hi all! I haven't been as active on FR lately, so I've decided to put our weekly roulette on hold. If you're still interested in participating in the future, you can always be asked to be put on our ping list so I can notify you next time I get a raffle going.

(In the meantime, I am open to swapping my familiars for one of equal or higher gem value. You're welcome to contact me about this once all winners have received their prizes.)

‘Lo, all, and welcome to the Rec Roulette! Inspired by RyoseiHime’s own raffle thread, I’ve decided to open up my own weekly giveaway, this one with changing themes. Just thought it would be a fun idea and a good way to get great recommendations on stuff I’m interested in, aha.

---

How it works:

I’ll set up a new theme every week, and you can enter simply by participating in them.

There will be at least two winners every week: one chosen at random, and one chosen based on best recommendation.

The prize is an option of an unsold dragon or item(s) of choice.

---

Rules:

1. Name the dragon. It’s fine if you need a while to think of something, but if you don’t plan on keeping it, please name before exalting or selling them. I also don’t mind choosing a name for it, if you prefer.

2. Your recommendation for the raffle has to be one that no one’s suggested before. You can check previous entries or the GDoc to confirm, and I’ll try to let you know if it’s a repeat.

3. You aren’t allowed to change your recommendation unless it’s a repeat.

4. One entry per person per week, and try not to list out multiples in your entry. (You can always enter again each time the theme changes.)

5. Each themed raffle ends on the Saturday to Sunday rollover, with winners announced some time on Sunday (FR time). A new theme will be set up either on Sunday or Monday (FR time).

6. Dragon prizes may be subjected to change (as they are also being sold on AH), but there will always be at least three dragons to choose from.

7. Prizes are given out in order of winners listed: by best recommendation(s), then random selection. This means that first person listed gets first pick, second person gets second pick, and so on. Winners get two days to choose a prize before I move on.

8. Have fun, guys, and thanks for the recs!
ice_rune_20.png eUzpdSm.png ice_rune_20.png
1. I buy OC art. 2. I don't exalt dragons from non-exalt threads.
3. I try to trade nice-looking dergs in swap threads.
4. If you're a newbie and need help navigating the site, feel free to ask. :)
[quote][center][b]Theme of the Week: Dragon Names[/b] [size=2]09.10-09.16 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32755686] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/327557/32755686.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11220520] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/112206/11220520.png[/img] [/url] I'm looking for names for my dragon pair (above). The names don't have to match exactly, so if you just think they sound nice together, that's a good enough reason for me! Things you can include in your entry: aside from the names, you can tell me their meaning/origin if they have any, and why you chose the names. Good luck, everyone![/size][/center][/quote] [quote][center][size=2][color=steelblue][b]Bonus Roulette: Renaming[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33174098] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/331741/33174098.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31931085] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/319311/31931085.png[/img] [/url] As I hadn't chosen a name for these two during the last naming roulette, I'm putting them up here again as a bonus. I'm planning on having Paradise renamed, and would like to name her mate in the process as well. The names don't have to match exactly, so if you just think they sound nice together, that's a good enough reason for me! Things you can include in your entry: aside from the names, you can tell me their meaning/origin if they have any, and why you chose the names. Good luck, everyone! [b]Note:[/b] If you would like to enter for these two, please be sure you indicate it in your post; otherwise I'm going to assume that the names are for the Nocs. [b]Prizes:[/b] There will be a separate random draw prize for these, with the addition of having a hatchling from their nest available to the winner if the names are chosen. [/color][/size][/center][/quote] --- [b]Current Recs (Nocs):[/b] Dandelionqueen: Pudding & Custard Glurpagos: Kronos & Saturn StormDragon21: Sunblaze & Dazzle MarinaQuakenbush: Sunrise & Dawn Saraceaser: Madainn & Rana --- [b]Current Recs (Imps):[/b] Dandelionqueen: Surf & Sea Glurpagos: Pukai & Moselle StormDragon21: Pacifi & Atlanta MarinaQuakenbush: Wavecrest & Tidesong
Quote:
Theme of the Week: Dragon Names
09.10-09.16

32755686.png

11220520.png

I'm looking for names for my dragon pair (above). The names don't have to match exactly, so if you just think they sound nice together, that's a good enough reason for me!

Things you can include in your entry: aside from the names, you can tell me their meaning/origin if they have any, and why you chose the names. Good luck, everyone!

Quote:
Bonus Roulette: Renaming

33174098.png

31931085.png

As I hadn't chosen a name for these two during the last naming roulette, I'm putting them up here again as a bonus. I'm planning on having Paradise renamed, and would like to name her mate in the process as well. The names don't have to match exactly, so if you just think they sound nice together, that's a good enough reason for me!

Things you can include in your entry: aside from the names, you can tell me their meaning/origin if they have any, and why you chose the names. Good luck, everyone!

Note: If you would like to enter for these two, please be sure you indicate it in your post; otherwise I'm going to assume that the names are for the Nocs.

Prizes: There will be a separate random draw prize for these, with the addition of having a hatchling from their nest available to the winner if the names are chosen.

---

Current Recs (Nocs):

Dandelionqueen: Pudding & Custard
Glurpagos: Kronos & Saturn
StormDragon21: Sunblaze & Dazzle
MarinaQuakenbush: Sunrise & Dawn
Saraceaser: Madainn & Rana

---

Current Recs (Imps):

Dandelionqueen: Surf & Sea
Glurpagos: Pukai & Moselle
StormDragon21: Pacifi & Atlanta
MarinaQuakenbush: Wavecrest & Tidesong
[quote][/quote][center][b]Prizes[/b][/center] Winners can choose either one dragon, one familiar, three materials, or five battle items. [size=2]All prizes are subject to change. My dragons are also being sold, however, I will make sure to update this list with new dragons before notifying winners.[/size] --- [quote][center][b]Items[/b][/center] [item=Glowing Pocket Mouse] [item=Ancient Fungus] [item=Storm Seeker] [item=Ember Mouse] [item=Carmine Serthis] [item=River Muck] [item=Radioactive Slime] [item=Hydra Scorpion] [item=Scaleback] [item=Bluemoon Aviar] [item=Shalebuck] [item=Psywurm] [item=Brilliant Psywurm] [item=Blackwing Croaker] [item=Hooded Dodo] [item=Gaseous Megashrimp][item=Grasslands Trunker] [item=Sprangyroo] [item=Charcoal Sprangyroo] [item=Kelp Tender] [item=Maren Warrior] [item=Octoflyer] [item=parda] [item=Chromefeather Lookout] [item=Spectral Duskflapper] [item=Orange Goo] [item=Purple Goo] [item=Orange Ooze] [item=orange sludge] [item=purple sludge] [size=2](I may have multiples of each.)[/size] [item=Meditate] [item=Boulder Bolt] [item=Flame Bolt] [item=Bright Bolt] [item=Shock Bolt] [item=Dark Bolt] [item=Hydro Bolt] [item=Zephyr Bolt] [item=Leaf Bolt] [item=Rune Slash] [item=Rock Slash] [item=Blazing Slash] [item=Blinding Slash] [item=Thunder Slash] [item=Jungle Slash] [item=Mist Slash] [item=Wave Slash] [item=Gust Slash] [item=Magical Acuity Fragment] [item=Clobber] [item=Cleansing Tonic] [item=Glass Hybrid Fragment] [item=Obsidian Hybrid Fragment] [size=2](I may have multiples of each.)[/size][/quote] --- [center][b]Dragons[/b][/center]
Quote:
Prizes

Winners can choose either one dragon, one familiar, three materials, or five battle items.

All prizes are subject to change. My dragons are also being sold, however, I will make sure to update this list with new dragons before notifying winners.

---
Quote:
Items

Glowing Pocket Mouse Ancient Fungus Storm Seeker Ember Mouse Carmine Serthis River Muck Radioactive Slime Hydra Scorpion Scaleback Bluemoon Aviar Shalebuck Psywurm Brilliant Psywurm Blackwing Croaker Hooded Dodo Gaseous Megashrimp Grasslands Trunker Sprangyroo Charcoal Sprangyroo Kelp Tender Maren Warrior Octoflyer Parda Chromefeather Lookout Spectral Duskflapper

Orange Goo Purple Goo Orange Ooze Orange Sludge Purple Sludge
(I may have multiples of each.)

Meditate Boulder Bolt Flame Bolt Bright Bolt Shock Bolt Dark Bolt Hydro Bolt Zephyr Bolt Leaf Bolt Rune Slash
Rock Slash Blazing Slash Blinding Slash Thunder Slash Jungle Slash Mist Slash Wave Slash Gust Slash Magical Acuity Fragment Clobber Cleansing Tonic Glass Hybrid Fragment Obsidian Hybrid Fragment
(I may have multiples of each.)

---
Dragons
Thinking of being a weekly participant? Request to sign up for our ping list!
Thinking of being a weekly participant? Request to sign up for our ping list!
@MikaelHart
(can we join?.. if not, I can delete my post!)
How about Your Lie in April? It has a beautiful soundtrack, which is something I always look for in animes. It's about the beauty of music... and it has a pretty sad ending... (I won't spoil it, though!) The art in it is great, and in my opinion, the characters are drawn really well!
Pinglist, please!
@MikaelHart
(can we join?.. if not, I can delete my post!)
How about Your Lie in April? It has a beautiful soundtrack, which is something I always look for in animes. It's about the beauty of music... and it has a pretty sad ending... (I won't spoil it, though!) The art in it is great, and in my opinion, the characters are drawn really well!
Pinglist, please!
bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
@acorn781

Yeah, dude, you're the first one in! I'm currently (slowly) adding dragons to the prize list, aha. I'll add you and your rec to the list when I'm done. :)
@acorn781

Yeah, dude, you're the first one in! I'm currently (slowly) adding dragons to the prize list, aha. I'll add you and your rec to the list when I'm done. :)
@MikaelHart
(Ill also delete if we can't enter yet)
This isn't exactly an anime with your basic 12 eps or etc, but its a movie.
Its called "Koe no Katachi"
I really love this movie, it based around a deaf girl and a boy, the boy used to bully the girl when young, and once he grew older he followed a path of redemption.
The art is very beautiful, and the story line is truly different from any other anime, it really touched my heart :).
I would also like to be on the pinglist !
@MikaelHart
(Ill also delete if we can't enter yet)
This isn't exactly an anime with your basic 12 eps or etc, but its a movie.
Its called "Koe no Katachi"
I really love this movie, it based around a deaf girl and a boy, the boy used to bully the girl when young, and once he grew older he followed a path of redemption.
The art is very beautiful, and the story line is truly different from any other anime, it really touched my heart :).
I would also like to be on the pinglist !
@MikaelHart I would recommend Mob Psycho 100! It's an excellent action comedy anime about a boy with psychic powers and it starts off lighthearted and with goofy adventures, but quickly escalates into something deeper (although still with plenty of comedy.) The theme of the anime is self-improvement, and it's cool to see a character that, despite being born with special abilities, actually has to work for what he wants to be and to better himself as a person.
The characters are also drawn very uniquely (with the eyes being the most noticeable in my opinion.) The characters are complex and multi-faceted and overall it's just. It's amazing.
Pinglist, please!
@MikaelHart I would recommend Mob Psycho 100! It's an excellent action comedy anime about a boy with psychic powers and it starts off lighthearted and with goofy adventures, but quickly escalates into something deeper (although still with plenty of comedy.) The theme of the anime is self-improvement, and it's cool to see a character that, despite being born with special abilities, actually has to work for what he wants to be and to better himself as a person.
The characters are also drawn very uniquely (with the eyes being the most noticeable in my opinion.) The characters are complex and multi-faceted and overall it's just. It's amazing.
Pinglist, please!
@acorn781 @constellationxx @MeiOrchid

Added! :)
@acorn781 @constellationxx @MeiOrchid

Added! :)
@MikaelHart
I'll recommend Nichijou! It's a fun lighthearted comedy that is pretty over the top and is a good pick-me-up when feeling down ^-^ also the op song is so catchy
@MikaelHart
I'll recommend Nichijou! It's a fun lighthearted comedy that is pretty over the top and is a good pick-me-up when feeling down ^-^ also the op song is so catchy
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48