Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RoR] Writing Contest! [CLOSED!]
1 2 3 4 5
[it was such a lovely banner, really it was] "Moth! Moth get over and help!" a monstrous looking Snapper cried as she struggled to wrestle a ragged looking piece of cloth from an infestation hound, "It's eating the banner were were supposed to put up!" An equally mutated looking Tundra hurried over, but it was too late, the event banner they were supposed to be putting up had been chewed to pieces. "Sorry 'bout that Hellebore," The Tundra gave his companion a sheepish look, "I was so focused on sorting all those boxes you brought back that I forgot to put up the banner. You know something in there tried to bite me, right?" Hellebore looked nervously at the pile of chests that she had gathered on her travels as well as all the other trinkets that she'd collected and forgotten about over the years. There sure was a lot of stuff there and with the Riot about to start she'd been struggling to balance sort it all out with the event that she'd agreed to host. At this rate they'd never have her mutation based trivia stand open in time, especially not when she'd have to make a whole new banner. It was such a shame too, it was a lovely banner featuring a gorgeous picture of the Wyrmwound . The winner of the contest would win a trip, with herself and Moth serving as guides to make sure they got there safely, to the Wyrmwound itself to receive mutations of their own if they were lucky enough to survive a dip in the pit. Maybe they could salvage the banner, a little bit of creative stitch work could patch things up. "Help me gather up the pieces, we might still be able to salvage this!" Ever the optimist she began to gather up the scraps. "Or not," Moth sighed as a scythe kamaitachi swept past in a gust of what looked like confetti, "I think those were your trivia cards." Hellebore's eyes went wide, "But you remember most of them, right?" Moth's brow furrowed in concentration, "One smelled like cragside mussels, another smelled like onions because you were writing them while making stew. The onion one was a good one." Shaking her head Hellebore looked from the ruins of her booth to the pile of items that she hadn't even begun to sort. Travelers from all the Flights were already starting to arrive and she had nothing, nothing but an unfinished booth and a collection of items that she desperately needed to do something with. If only there was something she could do to salvage the day. There were so many other dragons from so many different places, if only she could be out there mingling with them, talking about the places and things that they'd seen. "Moth!" Hellebore flapped her tattered little wings excitedly, "I've got an idea! Let's invite dragons to come and tell us about why they came here, I mean it's quite the trip for some of them and not everyone is even adventurous enough to visit, even during the Riot." "Good idea," the Tundra agreed, licking his lips at the memory of the onions in the soup, "And we can give them all this stuff including the biting thing if they tell really good stories, that way we won't have to sort it out before going on the trip." Yes, that did sound like a good idea. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1991944/1][img]http://i.imgur.com/tKVt1Pt.png[/img][/url]
[it was such a lovely banner, really it was]

"Moth! Moth get over and help!" a monstrous looking Snapper cried as she struggled to wrestle a ragged looking piece of cloth from an infestation hound, "It's eating the banner were were supposed to put up!"

An equally mutated looking Tundra hurried over, but it was too late, the event banner they were supposed to be putting up had been chewed to pieces.

"Sorry 'bout that Hellebore," The Tundra gave his companion a sheepish look, "I was so focused on sorting all those boxes you brought back that I forgot to put up the banner. You know something in there tried to bite me, right?"

Hellebore looked nervously at the pile of chests that she had gathered on her travels as well as all the other trinkets that she'd collected and forgotten about over the years. There sure was a lot of stuff there and with the Riot about to start she'd been struggling to balance sort it all out with the event that she'd agreed to host. At this rate they'd never have her mutation based trivia stand open in time, especially not when she'd have to make a whole new banner. It was such a shame too, it was a lovely banner featuring a gorgeous picture of the Wyrmwound . The winner of the contest would win a trip, with herself and Moth serving as guides to make sure they got there safely, to the Wyrmwound itself to receive mutations of their own if they were lucky enough to survive a dip in the pit.

Maybe they could salvage the banner, a little bit of creative stitch work could patch things up.

"Help me gather up the pieces, we might still be able to salvage this!" Ever the optimist she began to gather up the scraps.

"Or not," Moth sighed as a scythe kamaitachi swept past in a gust of what looked like confetti, "I think those were your trivia cards."

Hellebore's eyes went wide, "But you remember most of them, right?"

Moth's brow furrowed in concentration, "One smelled like cragside mussels, another smelled like onions because you were writing them while making stew. The onion one was a good one."

Shaking her head Hellebore looked from the ruins of her booth to the pile of items that she hadn't even begun to sort. Travelers from all the Flights were already starting to arrive and she had nothing, nothing but an unfinished booth and a collection of items that she desperately needed to do something with. If only there was something she could do to salvage the day. There were so many other dragons from so many different places, if only she could be out there mingling with them, talking about the places and things that they'd seen.

"Moth!" Hellebore flapped her tattered little wings excitedly, "I've got an idea! Let's invite dragons to come and tell us about why they came here, I mean it's quite the trip for some of them and not everyone is even adventurous enough to visit, even during the Riot."

"Good idea," the Tundra agreed, licking his lips at the memory of the onions in the soup, "And we can give them all this stuff including the biting thing if they tell really good stories, that way we won't have to sort it out before going on the trip."

Yes, that did sound like a good idea.

tKVt1Pt.png
[s]Junk[/s] [b]Prizes[/b] [quote name= Fearsome_Friends] [item=Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse] [item=Basilisk] [item=Clown Charger] [item=Centaur Archer] [item=Serthis Alchemist] [item=Parasitic Fungus] [item=Fungalhoof Qiriq] [item=Brown River Flight] [item=Ultramel Amphithere] [item=Poultrygeist] [item=Maren Warlock] [item=Hooded Dodo] [item=Infestation Hound] [item=Heartred Croaker] [item=Mossy Cerdae] [item=Scythe Kamaitachi] [item=Sentinel Mith] [item=Undying Featherback] [/quote] [quote name=Doctor!Doctor!] [item=Bloody Head Bandage] [item=Bloody Neck Bandage] [item=Bloody Chest Bandage] [item=Bloody Arm Bandages] [item=Bloody Leg Bandages] [item=Bloody Wing Bandages] [item=Bloody Tail Bandage] [item=brown plague doctor mask] [item=gray plague doctor mask] [item=white plague doctor mask] [/quote] [quote name=Hard_Won_Victory] [item=bloodscale helmet] [item=bloodscale shoulder guards] [item=bloodscale chest guard] [item=bloodscale bracers] [item=bloodscale greaves] [item=bloodscale tail guard] [item=bloodscale wing guard] [item=veteran's eye scar] [item=veteran's leg scars] [item=veteran's shoulder scars] [item=eliminate] 3x [item=rally] 3x [item=berserker] 9x [item=ambush] 6x [/quote] [quote name=Ritual_Trophies] [item=Blue Birdskull Headdress] [item=Blue Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Blue Birdskull Armband] [item=Blue Birdskull Legband] [item=Blue Birdskull Necklace] [item=Brown Birdskull Headdress] [item=Brown Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Brown Birdskull Armband] [item=Brown Birdskull Legband] [item=Brown Birdskull Necklace] [item=Green Birdskull Headdress] [item=Green Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Green Birdskull Armband] [item=Green Birdskull Legband] [item=Green Birdskull Necklace] [item=Red Birdskull Headdress] [item=Red Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Red Birdskull Armband] [item=Red Birdskull Legband] [item=Red Birdskull Necklace] [item=Bleak Birdskull Headdress] [item=Bleak Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Bleak Birdskull Armband] [item=Bleak Birdskull Legband] [item=Bleak Birdskull Necklace] [item=Golden Birdskull Headdress] [item=Golden Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Golden Birdskull Armband] [item=Golden Birdskull Legband] [item=Golden Birdskull Necklace] [item=Purple Birdskull Headdress] [item=Purple Birdskull Wingpiece] [item=Purple Birdskull Armband] [item=Purple Birdskull Legband] [item=Purple Birdskull Necklace] [/quote] [quote name=Where_did_all_these_come_from?] [item=rusted treasure chest] x100 [/quote]
Junk Prizes
Fearsome_Friends wrote:
Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse Basilisk Clown Charger Centaur Archer Serthis Alchemist Parasitic Fungus Fungalhoof Qiriq Brown River Flight Ultramel Amphithere Poultrygeist Maren Warlock Hooded Dodo Infestation Hound Heartred Croaker Mossy Cerdae Scythe Kamaitachi Sentinel Mith Undying Featherback
Doctor!Doctor! wrote:
Bloody Head Bandage Bloody Neck Bandage Bloody Chest Bandage Bloody Arm Bandages Bloody Leg Bandages Bloody Wing Bandages Bloody Tail Bandage

Brown Plague Doctor Mask Gray Plague Doctor Mask White Plague Doctor Mask
Hard_Won_Victory wrote:
Bloodscale Helmet Bloodscale Shoulder Guards Bloodscale Chest Guard Bloodscale Bracers Bloodscale Greaves Bloodscale Tail Guard Bloodscale Wing Guard

Veteran's Eye Scar Veteran's Leg Scars Veteran's Shoulder Scars

Eliminate 3x Rally 3x Berserker 9x Ambush 6x
Ritual_Trophies wrote:
Blue Birdskull Headdress Blue Birdskull Wingpiece Blue Birdskull Armband Blue Birdskull Legband Blue Birdskull Necklace

Brown Birdskull Headdress Brown Birdskull Wingpiece Brown Birdskull Armband Brown Birdskull Legband Brown Birdskull Necklace

Green Birdskull Headdress Green Birdskull Wingpiece Green Birdskull Armband Green Birdskull Legband Green Birdskull Necklace

Red Birdskull Headdress Red Birdskull Wingpiece Red Birdskull Armband Red Birdskull Legband Red Birdskull Necklace

Bleak Birdskull Headdress Bleak Birdskull Wingpiece Bleak Birdskull Armband Bleak Birdskull Legband Bleak Birdskull Necklace

Golden Birdskull Headdress Golden Birdskull Wingpiece Golden Birdskull Armband Golden Birdskull Legband Golden Birdskull Necklace

Purple Birdskull Headdress Purple Birdskull Wingpiece Purple Birdskull Armband Purple Birdskull Legband Purple Birdskull Necklace
Where_did_all_these_come_from? wrote:
Rusted Treasure Chest x100
Rules/Restrictions:
-Hellbore wants to hear about what other Dragons think about her home Flight, Plague. She knows that it's not the most well loved place so she's always curious about the first impressions outsiders have of it, good or bad. Please have your stories follow that theme.
-Stories can be any length, any genre, told any way you like.
-Entries are to be posted here and can be edited right up until the last day of the Riot of Rot, but please ping me if you edit them and edit the post to mention the date of your last edit so I can be sure I've read the most recent version.
-One Entry per person.
-Feel free to talk on the thread, discussion is a good thing.
-The contest opens on the 23rd, and closes at midnight, site time on the 29th, so no submissions before that or edits afterwards please.
-Other than that, anything goes.
Rules/Restrictions:
-Hellbore wants to hear about what other Dragons think about her home Flight, Plague. She knows that it's not the most well loved place so she's always curious about the first impressions outsiders have of it, good or bad. Please have your stories follow that theme.
-Stories can be any length, any genre, told any way you like.
-Entries are to be posted here and can be edited right up until the last day of the Riot of Rot, but please ping me if you edit them and edit the post to mention the date of your last edit so I can be sure I've read the most recent version.
-One Entry per person.
-Feel free to talk on the thread, discussion is a good thing.
-The contest opens on the 23rd, and closes at midnight, site time on the 29th, so no submissions before that or edits afterwards please.
-Other than that, anything goes.
Entries:
pinwheelviper (page 2)
xxZonaxx (page 2)
sockmonkeygerald (page 2)
NinaOsp (page 2)
Zelan (page 2)
Somethinggetrekt (page 2)

Winners:
Not yet... (Judging in Progress!)
Entries:
pinwheelviper (page 2)
xxZonaxx (page 2)
sockmonkeygerald (page 2)
NinaOsp (page 2)
Zelan (page 2)
Somethinggetrekt (page 2)

Winners:
Not yet... (Judging in Progress!)
(So, the rules says opens 23rd, closes 29th, while the title says opens 29th... guessing the title's a typo?)

This looks like fun, I'll have to remember to give it a shot in a few days.
(So, the rules says opens 23rd, closes 29th, while the title says opens 29th... guessing the title's a typo?)

This looks like fun, I'll have to remember to give it a shot in a few days.
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@sockmonkeygerald Yeah, it was a typo, thanks for pointing it out.
@sockmonkeygerald Yeah, it was a typo, thanks for pointing it out.
@Teeka

Pinglist for when this opens, if you do that kinda thing? I was in Plague for a good while, so I can give this a shot. :D
@Teeka

Pinglist for when this opens, if you do that kinda thing? I was in Plague for a good while, so I can give this a shot. :D
@Hanelli
@QuetzalQueen
@Canisa

Giving you all a ping to let you know we're open.
@Hanelli
@QuetzalQueen
@Canisa

Giving you all a ping to let you know we're open.
*cracks knuckles and rubs hands together excitedly* Ooh boy, let's get to work. (I'll have a story 4 u by the end of tomorrow)

*cracks knuckles and rubs hands together excitedly* Ooh boy, let's get to work. (I'll have a story 4 u by the end of tomorrow)

jUwfHJZ.pngevQiLxp.pnggiphy.gif
9dJ0IYz.png5fgEfWS.pngezgif-5-10c35f64cb.giftumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.pngtumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.pngiirUfLO.pngj3jqCd5.pngLichtdrache.gif[/center]
I am so doing this
I am so doing this
1 2 3 4 5