Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 144 145
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50999901] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510000/50999901_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=raven size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Materials/Apparel/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Yesterday Nines had found a curious tiny shrine to the Plaguebringer. Probably most dragons would've passed it up as another pile of bones about the Wasteland, but he was able to spot their intentional placement. Clearly someone had taken the time and effort to arrange these bones carefully, so he was able to see some brilliant scrimshaw of the Plaguebringer on the ribs and scapulae of some great dead beast. Today he sets out with renewed curiosity. What were the cultural norms around worshipping the Plagebrunger? He's become quite familiar with rituals associated with the Flamecaller and it would be interesting to compare and contrast. Regardless of what he finds, he's excited for the day ahead.
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
50999901_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Materials/Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post:
Yesterday Nines had found a curious tiny shrine to the Plaguebringer. Probably most dragons would've passed it up as another pile of bones about the Wasteland, but he was able to spot their intentional placement. Clearly someone had taken the time and effort to arrange these bones carefully, so he was able to see some brilliant scrimshaw of the Plaguebringer on the ribs and scapulae of some great dead beast. Today he sets out with renewed curiosity. What were the cultural norms around worshipping the Plagebrunger? He's become quite familiar with rituals associated with the Flamecaller and it would be interesting to compare and contrast.

Regardless of what he finds, he's excited for the day ahead.
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
@BottledLightning @dreamlogic [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38982045][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/389821/38982045_350.png[/img][/url][/center] It's been a long day of travel, and your wings and legs are exhausted. It isn't easy going through the Wandering Contagion, the roads marked with oozing potholes and slithering, stinking roots. To make matters worse, as you head north towards Dragonhome, the landscape rises into a maze of steep, sharp canyons. The sun is getting low, and you can hear things skittering through the ravines just out of sight. Pressing on in the dark could get you lost in this maze-- or worse. You are about to make camp when you see light flickering up ahead. Approaching the inviting glow, you come across a lone mirror tending a little cooking fire. "Hello, there!" he calls, raising his wings in greeting since his claws are busy stirring a dented, steaming pot full of something that smells delicious. "Bit late to be wandering these parts, you wanna take a load off? I'm Runner, by the way." The mirror offers you a bent spoon and invites you to help him finish eating the cauldron of food -he'd made too much- while he asks about your travels and shares a few anecdotes of his own. He's a courier around these parts, and is glad to send you on your way with directions through the labyrinthine canyons when morning comes. "Say, that reminds me..." Runner glances at a heavy burlap sack next to the rest of his gear that seems to be rustling and... chittering? "I just got done helping a nice old guardian I deliver supplies to every so often clear up a little pest infestation. Except now, I have all these sting-y, bite-y things that I really don't wanna drag all the way back home. You wouldn't happen to need a scorpion or two, would you?" Almost apologetically, he opens the bag and offers you a... [item=fan scorpion]
@BottledLightning @dreamlogic
38982045_350.png

It's been a long day of travel, and your wings and legs are exhausted. It isn't easy going through the Wandering Contagion, the roads marked with oozing potholes and slithering, stinking roots. To make matters worse, as you head north towards Dragonhome, the landscape rises into a maze of steep, sharp canyons. The sun is getting low, and you can hear things skittering through the ravines just out of sight. Pressing on in the dark could get you lost in this maze-- or worse. You are about to make camp when you see light flickering up ahead. Approaching the inviting glow, you come across a lone mirror tending a little cooking fire.

"Hello, there!" he calls, raising his wings in greeting since his claws are busy stirring a dented, steaming pot full of something that smells delicious. "Bit late to be wandering these parts, you wanna take a load off? I'm Runner, by the way."

The mirror offers you a bent spoon and invites you to help him finish eating the cauldron of food -he'd made too much- while he asks about your travels and shares a few anecdotes of his own. He's a courier around these parts, and is glad to send you on your way with directions through the labyrinthine canyons when morning comes.

"Say, that reminds me..." Runner glances at a heavy burlap sack next to the rest of his gear that seems to be rustling and... chittering? "I just got done helping a nice old guardian I deliver supplies to every so often clear up a little pest infestation. Except now, I have all these sting-y, bite-y things that I really don't wanna drag all the way back home. You wouldn't happen to need a scorpion or two, would you?" Almost apologetically, he opens the bag and offers you a...

Fan Scorpion
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@PijukVonGacy @Sincerity11 [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54810849][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/548109/54810849_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hello fellow traveler! Normally I'd just kill you for bothering me, but I'm in a particularly good mood, after all I do love festivals. You don't seem that prepared for the festival, here take these, they should help if you run into any monsters. Or maybe if you catch any plagues here." Sardonyx gives you: [item=major health potion]x5
@PijukVonGacy @Sincerity11
54810849_350.png

"Hello fellow traveler! Normally I'd just kill you for bothering me, but I'm in a particularly good mood, after all I do love festivals. You don't seem that prepared for the festival, here take these, they should help if you run into any monsters. Or maybe if you catch any plagues here."

Sardonyx gives you:

Major Health Potion x5
@
@
@aurallene [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35776739][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357768/35776739_350.png[/img][/url][/center] As you make your careful way through the mutated trees and pulsing mushrooms that carpet the ground, you hear a hissing voice shush you, and you jump in fright. You look around wildly before realizing that it came from a nearby Bogsneak. His low-slung body was hidden in a twisted patch of brambles, and you had not seen him. He waves you over with a long clawed hand, indicating for you to crouch down beside him. He points into the distance. "You almost scared it off, making a racket like that," he whispers. You squint, and see a tree with a thin red rope dangling lazily from one of the branches. You had seen these before and assumed them to be some unknown infection, even as you watch it twist and writhe. "That's a Coral Snake. That's good eating, I'm bringing them back to the lair." He pats a bulging sack by his side, which you see is squirming, the hunter having left his quarry alive and fresh. The Bogsneak sees you eyeing the bag, and gives a low laugh. "Haven't bagged any yourselves today, have you?" he asks, misinterpreting your interest. "Tell you what, how about you take that one ahead, I've got more than enough for my clan. Go on..." You edge towards the poisonous serpent ahead, and are not entirely disappointed when it sees your approach and flees further up the tree. When you return, the Bogsneak is gone, but it seems that he left you a smaller pouch, also writhing unpleasantly. Warfare gives you: [item=coral snake][item=emerald striker][item=ferret][item=leechroot mushroom]
@aurallene
35776739_350.png

As you make your careful way through the mutated trees and pulsing mushrooms that carpet the ground, you hear a hissing voice shush you, and you jump in fright. You look around wildly before realizing that it came from a nearby Bogsneak. His low-slung body was hidden in a twisted patch of brambles, and you had not seen him. He waves you over with a long clawed hand, indicating for you to crouch down beside him. He points into the distance.

"You almost scared it off, making a racket like that," he whispers. You squint, and see a tree with a thin red rope dangling lazily from one of the branches. You had seen these before and assumed them to be some unknown infection, even as you watch it twist and writhe.

"That's a Coral Snake. That's good eating, I'm bringing them back to the lair." He pats a bulging sack by his side, which you see is squirming, the hunter having left his quarry alive and fresh. The Bogsneak sees you eyeing the bag, and gives a low laugh. "Haven't bagged any yourselves today, have you?" he asks, misinterpreting your interest. "Tell you what, how about you take that one ahead, I've got more than enough for my clan. Go on..."

You edge towards the poisonous serpent ahead, and are not entirely disappointed when it sees your approach and flees further up the tree. When you return, the Bogsneak is gone, but it seems that he left you a smaller pouch, also writhing unpleasantly.

Warfare gives you:

Coral Snake Emerald Striker Ferret Leechroot Mushroom
@
@
@BottledLightning @Peyp [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33981568][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/339816/33981568_350.png[/img][/url][/center] It's all just bones. Piles and piles of it. All looking the same - yellowish hue over white, cracks here, fracture there. And of course, there's not a path made. 'How do locals even navigate through here?' you think as you pass the same giant rib for what seems the seventh time. Just as you were about to sit and wait for the night time - as navigating using stars might be easier than using bones - you hear bones breaking behind you. Warily looking towards the sound, you soon see an Imperial crushing thick bones as if they were made of paper. He seems annoyed so you shuffle to let him pass and he finally notices you. "Oh, making a camp?" he tilts his head while asking, annoyance gone. "I wouldn't stick around, the Shattered Serpents will come out soon. Do you know your way around?" You give him a long look, trying to determine if he's a danger to you, but so far, saying you're lost sounds just a bit better than being swarmed by bone-covered serpents. "I see" the Imperial mutters while nodding his head. "I cannot go with you to your destination, but I can teach you how to crush the pesky bones during the part we travel together." As his calm voice finished, you heard more bones being crushed by your companion. "You see, you just have to angle it right..." Nephilim gives you: [item=eliminate][item=scratch][item=irradiated scratch][item=shred]
@BottledLightning @Peyp
33981568_350.png

It's all just bones. Piles and piles of it. All looking the same - yellowish hue over white, cracks here, fracture there. And of course, there's not a path made. 'How do locals even navigate through here?' you think as you pass the same giant rib for what seems the seventh time.

Just as you were about to sit and wait for the night time - as navigating using stars might be easier than using bones - you hear bones breaking behind you. Warily looking towards the sound, you soon see an Imperial crushing thick bones as if they were made of paper. He seems annoyed so you shuffle to let him pass and he finally notices you.

"Oh, making a camp?" he tilts his head while asking, annoyance gone. "I wouldn't stick around, the Shattered Serpents will come out soon. Do you know your way around?" You give him a long look, trying to determine if he's a danger to you, but so far, saying you're lost sounds just a bit better than being swarmed by bone-covered serpents. "I see" the Imperial mutters while nodding his head. "I cannot go with you to your destination, but I can teach you how to crush the pesky bones during the part we travel together." As his calm voice finished, you heard more bones being crushed by your companion. "You see, you just have to angle it right..."

Nephilim gives you:

Eliminate Scratch Irradiated Scratch Shred
@
@
[quote name="wordstarter2010" date="2019-10-19 20:42:40" ] @3idolon Hi! Question: can I designate two of my dragons to be exploring the wasteland for roleplay purposes (forming a sort of team, so to speak)? they'd be mechanically the same as a single dragon, of course, sharing the same marker and behaving for all intents and purposes as the same entity [/quote] Yep that'd be fine!
wordstarter2010 wrote on 2019-10-19 20:42:40:
@3idolon

Hi! Question: can I designate two of my dragons to be exploring the wasteland for roleplay purposes (forming a sort of team, so to speak)? they'd be mechanically the same as a single dragon, of course, sharing the same marker and behaving for all intents and purposes as the same entity

Yep that'd be fine!
@
@
@Shihana
"Wow, thank you! Fish are my absolute favorite so it's nice to have some. Sliced thin with a bit of cirtus juice or salt and it's a great travel delicacy. Simple, easy to make but also with a luxurious feel. My clanmates always make sure I have fish good for sashimi because of how much I love it."

Nines graciously accepts the gift. Magical preservation, eh? Sounds rather interesting and useful. Drying or smoking is commonly used in the Waste thanks to the abundant dry heat, but that impacts the flavor and some dragons don't care for it.

"Do you know how this magical preservation process? What kind of elemental magic is it? I My clan would be very interested, since not everyone like a good smoked trout like I do."

This meeting has been most exciting and interesting already. His tail tip is practically vibrating from excitement.

"Oh, I think there was a particularly large slime pool along the way too. Hopefully you'll be able to find it without any problems. At least the remains are large enough that you could probably see it for miles around. That's one of the nice things about these flatter lands, there's no hills or mountains to obscure the view."
@Shihana
"Wow, thank you! Fish are my absolute favorite so it's nice to have some. Sliced thin with a bit of cirtus juice or salt and it's a great travel delicacy. Simple, easy to make but also with a luxurious feel. My clanmates always make sure I have fish good for sashimi because of how much I love it."

Nines graciously accepts the gift. Magical preservation, eh? Sounds rather interesting and useful. Drying or smoking is commonly used in the Waste thanks to the abundant dry heat, but that impacts the flavor and some dragons don't care for it.

"Do you know how this magical preservation process? What kind of elemental magic is it? I My clan would be very interested, since not everyone like a good smoked trout like I do."

This meeting has been most exciting and interesting already. His tail tip is practically vibrating from excitement.

"Oh, I think there was a particularly large slime pool along the way too. Hopefully you'll be able to find it without any problems. At least the remains are large enough that you could probably see it for miles around. That's one of the nice things about these flatter lands, there's no hills or mountains to obscure the view."
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
@Lacuria CONGRATULATIONS! You found [item=spirit of plague]
@Lacuria CONGRATULATIONS! You found

Spirit of Plague
@
@
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54419696] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544197/54419696_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=crystal ball size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Upon arrival in the town, Auream met a strange dragon. She cackled and danced around, screaming, "I'm a sneaky, sneaky bogsneak! Sneak around my darling dears, there is nothing to fear! I'll scream you a story now, listen carefully before I take a bow!" Auream glanced at her strangely, but was too tired to keep traveling, so she sat down and listened.
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
54419696_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Upon arrival in the town, Auream met a strange dragon. She cackled and danced around, screaming, "I'm a sneaky, sneaky bogsneak! Sneak around my darling dears, there is nothing to fear! I'll scream you a story now, listen carefully before I take a bow!" Auream glanced at her strangely, but was too tired to keep traveling, so she sat down and listened.
izNWGeD.pngjUh7KcJ.png
@Chaosarceus [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35600860][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/356009/35600860_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The Wandering Contagion, where it clashed with the Sea of a Thousand Currents, was riddled with pools brimming with a viscous, foul-smelling liquid. One was hard pressed to walk on the slender webbing of solid ground betwixt them as they burbled. The stern of a dilapidated ship angled precariously above ground, the majority of its vessel claimed by the frothing chemistry of the land. From the apex of its broken frame a wildclaw stood. A ragged cloak shuffled at his back in a pungent breeze as it moved through the area. Quite suddenly he descended, sinking ever near as a macabre sunset with wings adorned in bone. He landed but a pool’s length away, and turned his attention to the visitor. “Hello, Stranger. Have you heard the story of the two little hatchlings?” His fleshless face tilted in question. “No?” Then he began to recite an eerie tale with a near-singsong lilt: [center][i]Two little hatchlings went to the Cove One flew up high, The other one dove. Up, up, and down, down One in the sky while the other drown. One little hatchling returned to shore only to find That his friend was no more He waited all night He waited all day He waited ‘till the tides, too, carried him away[/i][/center] He finished with a triumphant smile. “All that’s left of them is said to be in one of these pools. Try looking in that one, right next to you?” Surprisingly, there WERE items in the pool! [item=corsair's rusty cutlass][item=corsair's eye patch][item=corsair's seaspray cap][item=corsair's seaspray boots][item=gilded decorative chest]
@Chaosarceus
35600860_350.png

The Wandering Contagion, where it clashed with the Sea of a Thousand Currents, was riddled with pools brimming with a viscous, foul-smelling liquid. One was hard pressed to walk on the slender webbing of solid ground betwixt them as they burbled.

The stern of a dilapidated ship angled precariously above ground, the majority of its vessel claimed by the frothing chemistry of the land. From the apex of its broken frame a wildclaw stood. A ragged cloak shuffled at his back in a pungent breeze as it moved through the area.

Quite suddenly he descended, sinking ever near as a macabre sunset with wings adorned in bone. He landed but a pool’s length away, and turned his attention to the visitor.

“Hello, Stranger. Have you heard the story of the two little hatchlings?” His fleshless face tilted in question. “No?” Then he began to recite an eerie tale with a near-singsong lilt:
Two little hatchlings went to the Cove
One flew up high,
The other one dove.
Up, up, and down, down
One in the sky
while the other drown.
One little hatchling returned to shore
only to find
That his friend was no more
He waited all night
He waited all day
He waited ‘till the tides, too, carried him away

He finished with a triumphant smile. “All that’s left of them is said to be in one of these pools. Try looking in that one, right next to you?”

Surprisingly, there WERE items in the pool!

Corsair's Rusty Cutlass Corsair's Eye Patch Corsair's Seaspray Cap Corsair's Seaspray Boots Gilded Decorative Chest
@
@
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 144 145