Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 144 145
@kairinRose @Neurotoxina [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=205597&skin=0&apparel=22167,14107,28150,24519&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] "You don't look like you're from around here. What's that Scales? Oh! I don't have much, but here is some food." The unknown dragon hands you: [item=bundle of haunchmeat]x10
@kairinRose @Neurotoxina
scry?sdid=205597&skin=0&apparel=22167,14107,28150,24519&xt=dressing.png

"You don't look like you're from around here. What's that Scales? Oh! I don't have much, but here is some food."

The unknown dragon hands you:

Bundle of Haunchmeat x10
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@Neurotoxina
(jsyk, Primal eye vials don't exist. You can only get them through breeding. The only eyes types you can get vials for are Glowing, Dark Sclera, Swirl, and Innocent.)
@Neurotoxina
(jsyk, Primal eye vials don't exist. You can only get them through breeding. The only eyes types you can get vials for are Glowing, Dark Sclera, Swirl, and Innocent.)
n2Yio0g.png
@BottledLightning @Peyp [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46420021][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464201/46420021_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The waves of Sea of a Thousand Currents are restlessly hitting the shore as you try to navigate through, avoiding the garbage that was washed up. 'Why is there a small port town nearby, anyway?' you wonder as you continue. A few more steps and you hear a thud, and then another, and soon another. You still for a moment as the sound approaches, waging your options. Run, stay, hide? You glance towards the sound once more, before making your final decision and what you see is baffling. A Stone Borer stomping through over the trash. You keep looking, as it doesn't seem to have noticed you, and, as far as you can tell, it's not hostile. At least not yet. Borer continues stomping and then slowly it reaches towards the scraps, picking them up and depositing them inside a crate. It seems to be cleaning the shore, or at least picking up some random items. As you wonder why, you hear a voice, likely belonging to a hatchling, yelling at the Borer. "Why are you picking that? No! Not that one! We need something bigger! And rounder! Let me up, I can't see anything from down here, but maybe I can from up there. This will last forever otherwise!" You blink, bemused at a situation, looking at a giant robot slowly lowering its creaky arm and a tiny hatchling climbing onto it, settling itself on the very top of the Borer. "As I thought, the view is better! There are some scraps up North, let's check those out. And then head towards the port. Maybe the delivery from The Lightning Farm finally came." As the strange pair moves, you see something falling off from the crate the metal giant is holding, and while still keeping an eye on their tiny figures in the distance, you carefully walk towards, deciding to check it out. It seems that they didn't just collect useless trash. Cupcake gives you: [item=scrapmetal tracker][item=steelhound drone][item=tracker runt][item=toolbox][item=copper filigree helmet]
@BottledLightning @Peyp
46420021_350.png

The waves of Sea of a Thousand Currents are restlessly hitting the shore as you try to navigate through, avoiding the garbage that was washed up. 'Why is there a small port town nearby, anyway?' you wonder as you continue. A few more steps and you hear a thud, and then another, and soon another. You still for a moment as the sound approaches, waging your options. Run, stay, hide?
You glance towards the sound once more, before making your final decision and what you see is baffling. A Stone Borer stomping through over the trash. You keep looking, as it doesn't seem to have noticed you, and, as far as you can tell, it's not hostile. At least not yet.

Borer continues stomping and then slowly it reaches towards the scraps, picking them up and depositing them inside a crate. It seems to be cleaning the shore, or at least picking up some random items. As you wonder why, you hear a voice, likely belonging to a hatchling, yelling at the Borer. "Why are you picking that? No! Not that one! We need something bigger! And rounder! Let me up, I can't see anything from down here, but maybe I can from up there. This will last forever otherwise!"
You blink, bemused at a situation, looking at a giant robot slowly lowering its creaky arm and a tiny hatchling climbing onto it, settling itself on the very top of the Borer. "As I thought, the view is better! There are some scraps up North, let's check those out. And then head towards the port. Maybe the delivery from The Lightning Farm finally came."

As the strange pair moves, you see something falling off from the crate the metal giant is holding, and while still keeping an eye on their tiny figures in the distance, you carefully walk towards, deciding to check it out. It seems that they didn't just collect useless trash.

Cupcake gives you:

Scrapmetal Tracker Steelhound Drone Tracker Runt Toolbox Copper Filigree Helmet
@
@
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Lyr [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/30#post_40945811][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/459597/45959656.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=scroll size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Maybe [b]My RP post[/b]: Lyr breathed a sigh of relief. She had finally reached the North end of the Rotrock Rim! She started looking around for a suitable place to set camp for the night. (not much time for a long snippet today, will continue the doll RP though if Boggy is up for it)
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Lyr
45959656.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Maybe

My RP post:
Lyr breathed a sigh of relief. She had finally reached the North end of the Rotrock Rim! She started looking around for a suitable place to set camp for the night.

(not much time for a long snippet today, will continue the doll RP though if Boggy is up for it)
n2Yio0g.png
@StarkHarkness [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45065142][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/450652/45065142_350.png[/img][/url][/center] A rarity in the wasteland is laid out before you; a small oasis with clear, clean water - as clear as it can be in the Boneyard. Hardy plants grow in the water's edge among small, slender trees and plump succulents dot the rocks around the water. Creatures of various sizes seek out the water, desperate for liquid, some of them barely flees as you approaches. A small group of dragons are also resting by the water, by the look of their gear they are either scavengers or mercenaries. They're covered in rugged armor and tattered cloth, their bodies marred by scars and sunbleached spots from long exposure to the harsh sunlight. They don't seem to pay you much attention, a large ridgeback snores loudly in the shade of a small tree, barely big enough to cover his head while a mirror is telling a story to a clearly uninterested guardian. "You" the voice is a deep, female voice, calm and dreamy. You turn your head and sees a female bogsneak walking towards you. Her eyes are staring intensely at you from beneath the sockets of the skull covering her head. Heavy jewlery jingle as she moves "I've seen you in my dreams" she stops close to you, almost too close for comfort. She smells of incense and sweet fruit. "Take this" she places a small package covered in soft but tattered cloth "You have many trials ahead of you, the stars have told me. Their words do not lie. You.." she tilts her head slightly to one side and leans in closer, studying every detail of your face closely ".. I am sure you will do well. But, heed the stars. Respect the wasteland, or it will devour you" with those words she retracts her head again and walks back to the other travelers, leaving you with the small sack of cloth she left with you. Thashera gives you: [item=canopic jar][item=haunting amber pendants][item=infestation hound][item=crowned bonepriest]
@StarkHarkness
45065142_350.png

A rarity in the wasteland is laid out before you; a small oasis with clear, clean water - as clear as it can be in the Boneyard. Hardy plants grow in the water's edge among small, slender trees and plump succulents dot the rocks around the water. Creatures of various sizes seek out the water, desperate for liquid, some of them barely flees as you approaches.
A small group of dragons are also resting by the water, by the look of their gear they are either scavengers or mercenaries. They're covered in rugged armor and tattered cloth, their bodies marred by scars and sunbleached spots from long exposure to the harsh sunlight. They don't seem to pay you much attention, a large ridgeback snores loudly in the shade of a small tree, barely big enough to cover his head while a mirror is telling a story to a clearly uninterested guardian.

"You" the voice is a deep, female voice, calm and dreamy. You turn your head and sees a female bogsneak walking towards you. Her eyes are staring intensely at you from beneath the sockets of the skull covering her head. Heavy jewlery jingle as she moves "I've seen you in my dreams" she stops close to you, almost too close for comfort. She smells of incense and sweet fruit.

"Take this" she places a small package covered in soft but tattered cloth "You have many trials ahead of you, the stars have told me. Their words do not lie. You.." she tilts her head slightly to one side and leans in closer, studying every detail of your face closely ".. I am sure you will do well. But, heed the stars. Respect the wasteland, or it will devour you" with those words she retracts her head again and walks back to the other travelers, leaving you with the small sack of cloth she left with you.

Thashera gives you:

Canopic Jar Haunting Amber Pendants Infestation Hound Crowned Bonepriest
@
@
@Captainsaviathan @Peyp [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48244104][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/482442/48244104_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Get down!" That was the only warning you got before serthis centaur arrow went slightly above your head, being followed by another, this time going from the opposite direction. A low growl could be heard from one side and a proud 'humph' from the other. So much for a peaceful stroll. A Skydancer moved from the behind of the low bush up the hill and gracefully landed next to you. "That could've gone better" she comments while passing you, taking a look at the dead centaur. "Just a scout, this one. Likely scouting for food here. Earth herd, by the looks of the arrows." She took the bow and arrows off the creature, pulling the bowstring. "I wouldn't be able to shoot it down if you weren't holding its attention, you know." she casually said while checking out the foreign carvings on the arrow. You nod slowly, not sure what her goal is. Seemingly satisfied with the loot, she turns towards you and grins. "As a hunter, I cannot take all of the loot, as you've participated in the kill, however unintentionally. With that said, I need the meat, and at least a few of these arrows to track down the herd later. Bow and the rest of the arrows, you can have. Also, a meat chunk as a meal, if you'd like." You watch as she works on the meat slowly, separating flesh and bones with quick and practiced motions. You ask a few questions about the technique, and she answers, satisfying your curiosity. "Alright then, I think that's the last of it. I've got to return to my clan, seems like Wildclaws will have a feast tonight. Nice meeting you here." the Skydancer says while throwing the bag on her back and flying off. You pick up the bow and arrows and continue your journey, making sure to glance the dirt for any signs of hooves every now and then. Melissa gives you: [item=toxophilite's quiver]
@Captainsaviathan @Peyp
48244104_350.png

"Get down!" That was the only warning you got before serthis centaur arrow went slightly above your head, being followed by another, this time going from the opposite direction. A low growl could be heard from one side and a proud 'humph' from the other. So much for a peaceful stroll.

A Skydancer moved from the behind of the low bush up the hill and gracefully landed next to you. "That could've gone better" she comments while passing you, taking a look at the dead centaur. "Just a scout, this one. Likely scouting for food here. Earth herd, by the looks of the arrows." She took the bow and arrows off the creature, pulling the bowstring. "I wouldn't be able to shoot it down if you weren't holding its attention, you know." she casually said while checking out the foreign carvings on the arrow. You nod slowly, not sure what her goal is. Seemingly satisfied with the loot, she turns towards you and grins. "As a hunter, I cannot take all of the loot, as you've participated in the kill, however unintentionally. With that said, I need the meat, and at least a few of these arrows to track down the herd later. Bow and the rest of the arrows, you can have. Also, a meat chunk as a meal, if you'd like."

You watch as she works on the meat slowly, separating flesh and bones with quick and practiced motions. You ask a few questions about the technique, and she answers, satisfying your curiosity.
"Alright then, I think that's the last of it. I've got to return to my clan, seems like Wildclaws will have a feast tonight. Nice meeting you here." the Skydancer says while throwing the bag on her back and flying off. You pick up the bow and arrows and continue your journey, making sure to glance the dirt for any signs of hooves every now and then.

Melissa gives you:

Toxophilite's Quiver
@
@
@TheDeathseer [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46938689][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469387/46938689_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Between the cliffs of the mountains of the Rotrock Rim, a bright green pearlcatcher walks around, her muzzle pointed towards the ground, clearly searching for something. Her clearn green eyes are focused on the ground around her while she hums a little melody, seemingly too happy and unconcerned with the harsh and hostile environment that surrounds her. With a small, content sound sne stops and starts moving some rocks around before picking up some strange, mushy objects, clearly not noticing you at all. Not until you gently clears your throath does she turn her head and look at you "Are you here to look for mushrooms too?" a bright smile rapidly spreads accross her face. She puts away the supposed mushroom she found in a pouch before approaching you "I know, I know - finding mushrooms in the weateland? Yeah. It sounds crazy - and if I were you, I wouldn't eat most of those you can find here. But.." she stops and clicks her tounge a few times before reaching back into the pouch and hands you a few of the mushrooms she has found. "I'm sure you can still find some you for these" she proclaims as she hands you the suspicious-looking mushrooms. Before you can say anything, the pearlcatcher has dissapeared between the rocks again in search of more mushrooms. Denn gives you: [item=All-seeing shroom][item=Diseased Fungus][item=Emetic russula][item=noxious colony]
@TheDeathseer
46938689_350.png

Between the cliffs of the mountains of the Rotrock Rim, a bright green pearlcatcher walks around, her muzzle pointed towards the ground, clearly searching for something. Her clearn green eyes are focused on the ground around her while she hums a little melody, seemingly too happy and unconcerned with the harsh and hostile environment that surrounds her. With a small, content sound sne stops and starts moving some rocks around before picking up some strange, mushy objects, clearly not noticing you at all. Not until you gently clears your throath does she turn her head and look at you "Are you here to look for mushrooms too?" a bright smile rapidly spreads accross her face. She puts away the supposed mushroom she found in a pouch before approaching you "I know, I know - finding mushrooms in the weateland? Yeah. It sounds crazy - and if I were you, I wouldn't eat most of those you can find here. But.." she stops and clicks her tounge a few times before reaching back into the pouch and hands you a few of the mushrooms she has found. "I'm sure you can still find some you for these" she proclaims as she hands you the suspicious-looking mushrooms. Before you can say anything, the pearlcatcher has dissapeared between the rocks again in search of more mushrooms.

Denn gives you:

All-Seeing Shroom Diseased Fungus Emetic Russula Noxious Colony
@
@
@Vinyamar [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9256338][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92564/9256338_350.png[/img][/url][/center] From amidst the bony protrusions jutting dangerously from the Wyrmwound’s edge, there was movement. It was difficult to track by the cauldron’s sickly glow, but not a moment later the blackened skull of… something… emerged from behind one of the land’s fangs. Eyes of crimson, sharp and assessing, fixed steadily upon the visitor. It didn’t blink. It hardly moved, save for its translucent skeletal limbs which pulsated visibly with the rhythm of its heart. Unidentified ooze trickled from its flesh. The creature stepped fully into the light of the Wyrm, jaws parted in a soundless greeting. Its macabre assemblage of spines, phosphorescent limbs and seeping matter left the visitor scrambling for a thought. Then the creature spoke with words that rolled like falling stones; hard, cold, the inflection jumbled. “Congratulations for surviving this long, traveler.” Strings of its green, sticky emission stretched between its teeth as it spoke, “I am afraid, however, that you are not ready for me.” It gestured to a nearby chest, free of locks or other sealants. Therein lay an array of battle stones and potions. “I only challenge the strongest of the strong. Come see me again when you are worthy.” Bacterium gives you: [item=berserker]x3 [item=Ambush]x2 [item=rally][item=haste][item=eliminate][item=minor health potion][item=health potion]
@Vinyamar
9256338_350.png

From amidst the bony protrusions jutting dangerously from the Wyrmwound’s edge, there was movement. It was difficult to track by the cauldron’s sickly glow, but not a moment later the blackened skull of… something… emerged from behind one of the land’s fangs. Eyes of crimson, sharp and assessing, fixed steadily upon the visitor.

It didn’t blink. It hardly moved, save for its translucent skeletal limbs which pulsated visibly with the rhythm of its heart. Unidentified ooze trickled from its flesh.

The creature stepped fully into the light of the Wyrm, jaws parted in a soundless greeting. Its macabre assemblage of spines, phosphorescent limbs and seeping matter left the visitor scrambling for a thought. Then the creature spoke with words that rolled like falling stones; hard, cold, the inflection jumbled.

“Congratulations for surviving this long, traveler.” Strings of its green, sticky emission stretched between its teeth as it spoke, “I am afraid, however, that you are not ready for me.”

It gestured to a nearby chest, free of locks or other sealants. Therein lay an array of battle stones and potions.

“I only challenge the strongest of the strong. Come see me again when you are worthy.”

Bacterium gives you:

Berserker x3 Ambush x2 Rally Haste Eliminate Minor Health Potion Health Potion
@
@
@Disillusionist @Sylveadiff [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34445847][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344459/34445847_350.png[/img][/url][/center] You hear a noisy pop in the distance, followed by a slowly fading whir. "It works!" calls a skydancer as he skitters out from seemingly nowhere to check on a charred patch of ground. "It finally works!" he shouts at you as though he were speaking to a close friend or colleague, pointing frantically at what appears to be some sort of spherical bug zapper hidden among the rocks, baited with some leftover meat. Several bloodflies lay dead around the bait, still steaming from the fatal zap. "This is going to be great! I can't wait to tell my boss!" The skydancer picks up the strange device and flutters away with it in his forelimbs, leaving the fried bloodflies and bait strewn about on the ground. Finders keepers? Tristan gives you: [item=buzzwing vampire]x15 [item=mangled zeeba carcass]
@Disillusionist @Sylveadiff
34445847_350.png

You hear a noisy pop in the distance, followed by a slowly fading whir. "It works!" calls a skydancer as he skitters out from seemingly nowhere to check on a charred patch of ground. "It finally works!" he shouts at you as though he were speaking to a close friend or colleague, pointing frantically at what appears to be some sort of spherical bug zapper hidden among the rocks, baited with some leftover meat. Several bloodflies lay dead around the bait, still steaming from the fatal zap. "This is going to be great! I can't wait to tell my boss!" The skydancer picks up the strange device and flutters away with it in his forelimbs, leaving the fried bloodflies and bait strewn about on the ground. Finders keepers?

Tristan gives you:

Buzzwing Vampire x15 Mangled Zeeba Carcass
@
@
@Alfamangle @ArcticEira [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52928582][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529286/52928582_350.png[/img][/url][/center] There was an unsettling feeling as the traveling dragon ventured through the area. It felt as if someone - or something - were watching them. The land itself didn't help the feeling, but in fact made it worse. The Scarred Wasteland was not quite merciful, and the inhabitants were quite... different. Just thinking about it can cause anyone to question why they were venturing through here in the first place - it was the thrill of exploring and dangers, wasn't it? The sound of rustling dead leaves caught the traveler's attention, only to see a dragon that appeared to have multiple eyes (and not the typical multi-eyed dragon, either). One would have been proud to have spotted this dragon before being completely ambushed, but it was clear that this reveal was on purpose and meant to be heard. Still, it was best to be cautious, even if this dragon - beast? - showed no signs of attacking... yet. The Wildclaw, instead, took out a coin, flipped it a few times before going into deep though while staring intently at the traveler with its many pairs of eyes - um... did the ones on their wings blink and move? Without a single word, the Wildclaw approached the traveler, eyes filled with a rich crimson red, showing signs of warning and perhaps challenging the traveler before holding out a claw curled into a fist. Before any words could be thought to be said, the strange dragon dropped the item in front of the traveler, turned around and headed off (the eyes on their wings glancing back). The item on the ground shined in the light, but looking at it, it gave a sense of dread, sending a chill up one's spine. Though it was a warning to not cross paths with this dangerous dragon, it could be considered as a new good luck charm that one should not lose. Atrox gives you: [item=bloodstone]
@Alfamangle @ArcticEira
52928582_350.png

There was an unsettling feeling as the traveling dragon ventured through the area. It felt as if someone - or something - were watching them. The land itself didn't help the feeling, but in fact made it worse. The Scarred Wasteland was not quite merciful, and the inhabitants were quite... different. Just thinking about it can cause anyone to question why they were venturing through here in the first place - it was the thrill of exploring and dangers, wasn't it?

The sound of rustling dead leaves caught the traveler's attention, only to see a dragon that appeared to have multiple eyes (and not the typical multi-eyed dragon, either). One would have been proud to have spotted this dragon before being completely ambushed, but it was clear that this reveal was on purpose and meant to be heard. Still, it was best to be cautious, even if this dragon - beast? - showed no signs of attacking... yet. The Wildclaw, instead, took out a coin, flipped it a few times before going into deep though while staring intently at the traveler with its many pairs of eyes - um... did the ones on their wings blink and move?

Without a single word, the Wildclaw approached the traveler, eyes filled with a rich crimson red, showing signs of warning and perhaps challenging the traveler before holding out a claw curled into a fist. Before any words could be thought to be said, the strange dragon dropped the item in front of the traveler, turned around and headed off (the eyes on their wings glancing back).

The item on the ground shined in the light, but looking at it, it gave a sense of dread, sending a chill up one's spine. Though it was a warning to not cross paths with this dangerous dragon, it could be considered as a new good luck charm that one should not lose.

Atrox gives you:

Bloodstone
@
@
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 144 145