Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 144 145
@Crim Hey there! You can only explore for a prize once a day, however feel free to RP with other participants as much as you'd like!
Edit: ahhh sorry misread your first post! Carry on!
@Crim Hey there! You can only explore for a prize once a day, however feel free to RP with other participants as much as you'd like!
Edit: ahhh sorry misread your first post! Carry on!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon
I haven't explored more than once though? :o Or did my intro post count as an initial arrival to the area or something?
@3idolon
I haven't explored more than once though? :o Or did my intro post count as an initial arrival to the area or something?
n2Yio0g.png
@Crim No sorry I misread your first post and didn't edit my response in time. You're doing everything perfectly! Please excuse my scatterbrained-ness XD
@Crim No sorry I misread your first post and didn't edit my response in time. You're doing everything perfectly! Please excuse my scatterbrained-ness XD
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
[quote][center]Food drop! [item=black diamond stingray]x99 @KairinRose 10/12 [item=lovebird]x99 @sgkat 10/12 [item=glade swarmer]x99 @MintTangle 10/13[/quote] [center][b]!E N C O U N T E R![/b] @Alfamangle 10/13 [quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35776739] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357768/35776739_350.png[/img] [/url] As you make your careful way through the mutated trees and pulsing mushrooms that carpet the ground, you hear a hissing voice shush you, and you jump in fright. You look around wildly before realizing that it came from a nearby Bogsneak. His low-slung body was hidden in a twisted patch of brambles, and you had not seen him. He waves you over with a long clawed hand, indicating for you to crouch down beside him. He points into the distance. "You almost scared it off, making a racket like that," he whispers. You squint, and see a tree with a thin red rope dangling lazily from one of the branches. You had seen these before and assumed them to be some unknown infection, even as you watch it twist and writhe. "That's a Coral Snake. That's good eating, I'm bringing them back to the lair." He pats a bulging sack by his side, which you see is squirming, the hunter having left his quarry alive and fresh. The Bogsneak sees you eyeing the bag, and gives a low laugh. "Haven't bagged any yourselves today, have you?" he asks, misinterpreting your interest. "Tell you what, how about you take that one ahead, I've got more than enough for my clan. Go on..." You edge towards the poisonous serpent ahead, and are not entirely disappointed when it sees your approach and flees further up the tree. When you return, the Bogsneak is gone, but it seems that he left you a smaller pouch, also writhing unpleasantly. [item=coral snake]x99 [item=leechroot mushroom]x99[/quote] ----- [quote][center] [i]Apparel drop![/i] [item=glowing orange clawtips] @Cathatt 10/12 [item=scarlet wooly antennae][item=scarlet wooly tail] @Oleaster 10/12 [item=obsidian roundhorn] @Disillusionist 10/13 [/center][/quote] [b]!E N C O U N T E R![/b] @StarkHarkness 10/12 [quote][center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45528531] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455286/45528531_350.png[/img] [/url] A skyward rumble disrupted the monotony of the expansive wasteland, with not a landmark nor a hope in sight. A black cast sped across the shadowless ground as something began a descent from above. A rather mouthy snapper landed with an impact that rattled the bones at the land’s surface. “OY!” he gruffed, though whether in greeting or admonishment, it was hard to tell. “What’re you doin’ wanderin’ out here by your lonesome? There’s noth’n to find but dust and death.” He raised the ridge of his one visible eye. “Oh? Surprised to see a snapper fly? Or surprised to see my snappin’ teeth?! HAH!” He lumbered closer, pausing at a comfortably untouchable distance. His crowded maw focused upon a satchel at his waist. Once fierce jaw wiggle and a tug later it was freed. He heaved it at the traveler’s feet. “ Here you go, don’t eat ‘em all in one sitting! Hard to find food out here, it is.” From the satchel which lay partially undone, a curious mass began to wriggle…[item=bone antlers][item=corn snake][item=rattle snake][item=red-tailed boa][item=ball python][/center][/quote] @TheDeathSeer 10/12 [quote][center]Diamond seems to have an issue locating what he's looking for, but something else catches his eye. [item=plague runestone][/center][/quote] @TheDarkestDream 10/13 [quote][center]Wyrm seems to have an issue locating what he's looking for, but something else catches his eye. [item=woodsdrake cape][item=pillager's fur armwraps][/center][/quote] @PijukVonGacy 10/13 [quote][center]Syl's rolling bad tonight folks [item=glowing purple clawtips][/center][/quote] @StarkHarkness 10/13 [quote][center][item=brown plague doctor mask][/center][/quote] [quote]'Other' drop! [item=iron treasure chest]x5 @TheAwesoMew 10/12 [item=shellion crate] @Rookie 10/13 [item=clouddancer crate] @Captainsaviathan 10/13 [item=tengu caller crate] @Shihana 10/13 [item=clown crate]@Crim 10/13[/quote] [b]Up to here, encounters and prizes have been calculated, and I'm recording up to here! Anyone posting past here will get their encounters from @3idolon![/b] [/center]
Quote:
Food drop!

Black Diamond Stingray x99 @KairinRose 10/12 Lovebird x99 @sgkat 10/12 Glade Swarmer x99 @MintTangle 10/13
!E N C O U N T E R!

@Alfamangle 10/13
Quote:

35776739_350.png

As you make your careful way through the mutated trees and pulsing mushrooms that carpet the ground, you hear a hissing voice shush you, and you jump in fright. You look around wildly before realizing that it came from a nearby Bogsneak. His low-slung body was hidden in a twisted patch of brambles, and you had not seen him. He waves you over with a long clawed hand, indicating for you to crouch down beside him. He points into the distance.

"You almost scared it off, making a racket like that," he whispers. You squint, and see a tree with a thin red rope dangling lazily from one of the branches. You had seen these before and assumed them to be some unknown infection, even as you watch it twist and writhe.

"That's a Coral Snake. That's good eating, I'm bringing them back to the lair." He pats a bulging sack by his side, which you see is squirming, the hunter having left his quarry alive and fresh. The Bogsneak sees you eyeing the bag, and gives a low laugh. "Haven't bagged any yourselves today, have you?" he asks, misinterpreting your interest. "Tell you what, how about you take that one ahead, I've got more than enough for my clan. Go on..."

You edge towards the poisonous serpent ahead, and are not entirely disappointed when it sees your approach and flees further up the tree. When you return, the Bogsneak is gone, but it seems that he left you a smaller pouch, also writhing unpleasantly.

Coral Snake x99 Leechroot Mushroom x99

Quote:
Apparel drop!

Glowing Orange Clawtips @Cathatt 10/12 Scarlet Wooly Antennae Scarlet Wooly Tail @Oleaster 10/12 Obsidian Roundhorn @Disillusionist 10/13

!E N C O U N T E R!
@StarkHarkness 10/12
Quote:

45528531_350.png

A skyward rumble disrupted the monotony of the expansive wasteland, with not a landmark nor a hope in sight. A black cast sped across the shadowless ground as something began a descent from above.

A rather mouthy snapper landed with an impact that rattled the bones at the land’s surface.

“OY!” he gruffed, though whether in greeting or admonishment, it was hard to tell.

“What’re you doin’ wanderin’ out here by your lonesome? There’s noth’n to find but dust and death.” He raised the ridge of his one visible eye. “Oh? Surprised to see a snapper fly? Or surprised to see my snappin’ teeth?! HAH!”

He lumbered closer, pausing at a comfortably untouchable distance. His crowded maw focused upon a satchel at his waist. Once fierce jaw wiggle and a tug later it was freed. He heaved it at the traveler’s feet.

“ Here you go, don’t eat ‘em all in one sitting! Hard to find food out here, it is.”

From the satchel which lay partially undone, a curious mass began to wriggle… Bone Antlers Corn Snake Rattle Snake Red-Tailed Boa Ball Python

@TheDeathSeer 10/12
Quote:
Diamond seems to have an issue locating what he's looking for, but something else catches his eye.

Plague Runestone

@TheDarkestDream 10/13
Quote:
Wyrm seems to have an issue locating what he's looking for, but something else catches his eye.

Woodsdrake Cape Pillager's Fur Armwraps

@PijukVonGacy 10/13
Quote:
Syl's rolling bad tonight folks
Glowing Purple Clawtips

@StarkHarkness 10/13
Quote:
Brown Plague Doctor Mask
Quote:
'Other' drop!

Iron Treasure Chest x5 @TheAwesoMew 10/12 Shellion Crate @Rookie 10/13 Clouddancer Crate @Captainsaviathan 10/13 Tengu Caller Crate @Shihana 10/13 Clown Crate @Crim 10/13

Up to here, encounters and prizes have been calculated, and I'm recording up to here!

Anyone posting past here will get their encounters from @3idolon!
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Delta [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=pink star size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Delta temporarily dons the birdskulls as makeshift armor. It wasn’t her ideal choice, but it would be best to, seeing as she didn’t know what was out here, anyway. She continues further north, keeping close to the Wyrmwound, yet not too close. Wouldn’t want to fall in like She almost did before, after all!
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Delta
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Delta temporarily dons the birdskulls as makeshift armor. It wasn’t her ideal choice, but it would be best to, seeing as she didn’t know what was out here, anyway. She continues further north, keeping close to the Wyrmwound, yet not too close. Wouldn’t want to fall in like She almost did before, after all!
Absol, They/them
+2 FR time
re: 10/12 exploration

"Another flock of obnoxious birds," Mavuto thought. If he was being fair (and he had no intention of being so), the Red-Crested Tweeters' speech had been moderately entertaining, and their meat had a modicum of flavor, even raw.

These new Lovebirds could get his hide in better condition; fungus was beginning to grow around the edges of his scales, and particularly between his claws.
re: 10/12 exploration

"Another flock of obnoxious birds," Mavuto thought. If he was being fair (and he had no intention of being so), the Red-Crested Tweeters' speech had been moderately entertaining, and their meat had a modicum of flavor, even raw.

These new Lovebirds could get his hide in better condition; fungus was beginning to grow around the edges of his scales, and particularly between his claws.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://i.imgur.com/eycx9B8.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/14#post_40901850]Mavuto[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=cobra size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M) [b][i]Optional for RPers[/i][/b]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Not certain where to go next, Mavuto gazed across the horizon. Spying what looked like a giant pustule pulsing with amber light, he struck out towards it as if that had been his destination all along. Upon reaching it, he discovered that it was a thick membrane stretching across the entrance of a cave. The cave was out-gassing foul-smelling yellowish vapor. Mavuto sliced a delicate claw down the membrane, testing its thickness, discovering its consistency to be that of gelatin left long in the cold. He could not pierce it. Shavings of the membrane clung to his claw, sticky like spiderweb, and he examined them closely. Even if he could not penetrate the cave, the membrane might be worth study.
eycx9B8.png

My explorer is: Mavuto

My map marker is:

I am searching for: Food (I/M)

Optional for RPers:

My RP post: Not certain where to go next, Mavuto gazed across the horizon. Spying what looked like a giant pustule pulsing with amber light, he struck out towards it as if that had been his destination all along.

Upon reaching it, he discovered that it was a thick membrane stretching across the entrance of a cave. The cave was out-gassing foul-smelling yellowish vapor.

Mavuto sliced a delicate claw down the membrane, testing its thickness, discovering its consistency to be that of gelatin left long in the cold. He could not pierce it.

Shavings of the membrane clung to his claw, sticky like spiderweb, and he examined them closely. Even if he could not penetrate the cave, the membrane might be worth study.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
[size=2][color=#ab82c9]@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Hyperion [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=glimmer tile size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: am I allowed to just not select anything? (if not, then food dslkajf) also i'm rng-ing location changes and somehow hyperion wandered around half of the wasteland in a day okay
@3idolon

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Hyperion
My map marker is:
I am searching for: am I allowed to just not select anything? (if not, then food dslkajf)
also i'm rng-ing location changes and somehow hyperion wandered around half of the wasteland in a day okay
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@sylvain (wasn't sure if the encounter was only for Alfamangle, so I've included Warfare just in case~) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29764440] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297645/29764440_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Corwin decided to venture to the edge of the Wasteland, curious about the other explorers arriving -- or returning. She supposed that if she was here, she would be able to spy new arrivals more easily. The sun here was less fierce, and there was welcome relief beneath the trees. Corwin, briefly distracted by the change in terrain, almost didn't notice the Bogsneak hunting nearby. She stepped back to give him more room, and as she did, her back talons scraped against something, knocking it loose from the ground. She inspected it: a pair of curling ram's horns, probably detached from an unfortunate creature's skull long ago. She wondered what the dragon would make of these, but when she looked up again, he had already moved on. She decided it would be best to leave him to his hunts and to continue on her own wandering way.
@sylvain (wasn't sure if the encounter was only for Alfamangle, so I've included Warfare just in case~)
Corwin decided to venture to the edge of the Wasteland, curious about the other explorers arriving -- or returning. She supposed that if she was here, she would be able to spy new arrivals more easily.

The sun here was less fierce, and there was welcome relief beneath the trees. Corwin, briefly distracted by the change in terrain, almost didn't notice the Bogsneak hunting nearby. She stepped back to give him more room, and as she did, her back talons scraped against something, knocking it loose from the ground.

She inspected it: a pair of curling ram's horns, probably detached from an unfortunate creature's skull long ago. She wondered what the dragon would make of these, but when she looked up again, he had already moved on. She decided it would be best to leave him to his hunts and to continue on her own wandering way.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@3idolon @sylvain @Antigen [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Kiliac [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=red vial size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Coming soon! Had a busy day today and figured I'd just slide today's encounter in :) Big thanks to y'all thread staff, btw! You guys are awesome!
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Kiliac
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:

Coming soon! Had a busy day today and figured I'd just slide today's encounter in :)

Big thanks to y'all thread staff, btw! You guys are awesome!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 144 145