Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 144 145
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Gremlin [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=rhino beetle size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Materials
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Gremlin
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Materials
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
ah heck here we go again @3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: NIghtingale [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=plague rune size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M/S/P)/Materials/Apparel/[b]Other[/b] [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: [b]Yes[/b]/No [b]My RP post[/b]: hmu with starters fam
ah heck here we go again

@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: NIghtingale
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (I/M/S/P)/Materials/Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes/No
My RP post: hmu with starters fam
Cleaning up the dust...
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50018330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500184/50018330_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=gear size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Archer moved forward further into plague's territory, his scanners searching every millimeter of soft ground it could. At one point he became distracted by what he thought was a rock, only to discover it was a... fluid filled pustule of some sort. The ground here was unlike any other he had encountered thus far, or at the very least there was no memory in his databanks that had any information on ground like this. Cautiously walking away from the rock that was not a rock, he continued his search.
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:
50018330_350.png

My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Archer moved forward further into plague's territory, his scanners searching every millimeter of soft ground it could. At one point he became distracted by what he thought was a rock, only to discover it was a... fluid filled pustule of some sort. The ground here was unlike any other he had encountered thus far, or at the very least there was no memory in his databanks that had any information on ground like this. Cautiously walking away from the rock that was not a rock, he continued his search.
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/8#post_40878197]Kiliac[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=red vial size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: Kiliac’s fourth day in the Scarred Wasteland was, arguably, the best yet. To begin with, she began the day discovering that, not only did her makeshift rickshaw work, it worked [i]well[/i]. She found what resembled a road and, within the hour, had made great walking distance with her little cart. The morning’s weather was also quite excellent: slightly humid, but with a pleasant breeze. Kiliac passed the time thinking and examining the landscape. The flat outlands made way for more hilly, harsh terrain. Peculiar fauna that Kiliac vaguely recognized skittered around in the scant brush, occasionally pelting out into the open, a predator on their heels. Around midday, Kiliac encountered another dragon on the road. He, too, had a cart, though his was of much better quality. She gave him a polite nod as he passed. But he didn’t pass. Rather, he began to chatter, animatedly, as he stopped his cart by the roadside. From a number of hidden compartments folded out tables and benches, which were quickly stocked with oddities from inside the cart. Kiliac was transfixed and intrigued; this had to be [i]good[/i]. It took him a few more moments before the display was complete. Then, he scrambled behind a counter and gestured eagerly to his peculiar collection. Kiliac stepped a bit closer and looked the items over. The shopkeep hummed a little tune and fidgeted with the objects closest to him. What really caught her eye was a glittering, golden treasure-chest. It sat on its own little pedestal, standing out amidst swaths of incomparable goods. “How much for the chest?” Kiliac queried, gesturing with a paw. The spiral merchant stopped his song and shrugged. “Would you trade it for something like,” Kiliac removed a few vials of the peculiar substance she had acquired the night before from her own cart, “this?” The spiral picked them up, turned them over, tapped them, and then seemed to decide. Without so much as a word he began rearranging his display to include the vials, returning to his tune. Kiliac picked up the chest. No response. She put it in her cart. The spiral was busy with his items. She nodded his way and returned to the road. Once his cart was lost behind the hills, she stopped to admire her treasure. Every plate and facet of it was cleanly gilded, reflecting the dull sunlight. It was locked, but that was of no concern to Kiliac; she dug a spare dagger out of her pack and plunged it into the gaping keyhole. [i]Clank.[/i] She removed the knife and pried at the lid. The chest opened with a creak, swiveling on rusty iron hinges. The interior of the chest was rather empty. A handful of coins rattled in the bottom alongside a rough-hewn gem or two. Lumps of moth-eaten fabric and a bundle of brittle quills occupied most of the space. Beneath everything else sat a pair of leather gauntlets bedecked in vibrant red feathers. Compared to the other items, they were practically pristine. Not the best haul, but quite the bargain for a few vials of (currently) useless mystery goo. She redistributed the chest’s contents amidst her own things, being sure to strap on the gauntlets, which she found much to her taste. Then, she discarded the chest on the side of the road and proceeded onwards; had she kept it, some untoward attention might be directed at her cart. That was something she wasn’t keen on. She followed the road further inland, contemplating the destination she might hope to find first. [center][item=gilded decorative chest][/center]
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Kiliac
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post:

Kiliac’s fourth day in the Scarred Wasteland was, arguably, the best yet.

To begin with, she began the day discovering that, not only did her makeshift rickshaw work, it worked well. She found what resembled a road and, within the hour, had made great walking distance with her little cart.

The morning’s weather was also quite excellent: slightly humid, but with a pleasant breeze. Kiliac passed the time thinking and examining the landscape. The flat outlands made way for more hilly, harsh terrain. Peculiar fauna that Kiliac vaguely recognized skittered around in the scant brush, occasionally pelting out into the open, a predator on their heels.

Around midday, Kiliac encountered another dragon on the road. He, too, had a cart, though his was of much better quality. She gave him a polite nod as he passed.

But he didn’t pass. Rather, he began to chatter, animatedly, as he stopped his cart by the roadside. From a number of hidden compartments folded out tables and benches, which were quickly stocked with oddities from inside the cart. Kiliac was transfixed and intrigued; this had to be good.

It took him a few more moments before the display was complete. Then, he scrambled behind a counter and gestured eagerly to his peculiar collection.

Kiliac stepped a bit closer and looked the items over. The shopkeep hummed a little tune and fidgeted with the objects closest to him.

What really caught her eye was a glittering, golden treasure-chest. It sat on its own little pedestal, standing out amidst swaths of incomparable goods.

“How much for the chest?” Kiliac queried, gesturing with a paw.

The spiral merchant stopped his song and shrugged.

“Would you trade it for something like,” Kiliac removed a few vials of the peculiar substance she had acquired the night before from her own cart, “this?”

The spiral picked them up, turned them over, tapped them, and then seemed to decide. Without so much as a word he began rearranging his display to include the vials, returning to his tune.

Kiliac picked up the chest. No response. She put it in her cart. The spiral was busy with his items.

She nodded his way and returned to the road. Once his cart was lost behind the hills, she stopped to admire her treasure.

Every plate and facet of it was cleanly gilded, reflecting the dull sunlight. It was locked, but that was of no concern to Kiliac; she dug a spare dagger out of her pack and plunged it into the gaping keyhole.

Clank.

She removed the knife and pried at the lid. The chest opened with a creak, swiveling on rusty iron hinges.

The interior of the chest was rather empty. A handful of coins rattled in the bottom alongside a rough-hewn gem or two. Lumps of moth-eaten fabric and a bundle of brittle quills occupied most of the space. Beneath everything else sat a pair of leather gauntlets bedecked in vibrant red feathers. Compared to the other items, they were practically pristine. Not the best haul, but quite the bargain for a few vials of (currently) useless mystery goo.

She redistributed the chest’s contents amidst her own things, being sure to strap on the gauntlets, which she found much to her taste. Then, she discarded the chest on the side of the road and proceeded onwards; had she kept it, some untoward attention might be directed at her cart. That was something she wasn’t keen on.

She followed the road further inland, contemplating the destination she might hope to find first.
Gilded Decorative Chest
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@Kryptica (@Phenri your NPC has been found!) 10/9 Exploration [center][color=red][size=7][b]!NEW NPC ENCOUNTER![/b][/size][/color][/center] [quote=Denn] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46938689] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469387/46938689_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Name:[/b] Denn [b]Location:[/b] Somewhere in the Rotrock Rim [b]Lore:[/b] Between the cliffs of the mountains of the Rotrock Rim, a bright green pearlcatcher walks around, her muzzle pointed towards the ground, clearly searching for something. Her clearn green eyes are focused on the ground around her while she hums a little melody, seemingly too happy and unconcerned with the harsh and hostile environment that surrounds her. With a small, content sound sne stops and starts moving some rocks around before picking up some strange, mushy objects, clearly not noticing you at all. Not until you gently clears your throath does she turn her head and look at you "Are you here to look for mushrooms too?" a bright smile rapidly spreads accross her face. She puts away the supposed mushroom she found in a pouch before approaching you "I know, I know - finding mushrooms in the weateland? Yeah. It sounds crazy - and if I were you, I wouldn't eat most of those you can find here. But.." she stops and clicks her tounge a few times before reaching back into the pouch and hands you a few of the mushrooms she has found. "I'm sure you can still find some you for these" she proclaims as she hands you the suspicious-looking mushrooms. Before you can say anything, the pearlcatcher has dissapeared between the rocks again in search of more mushrooms. [b]Gifts:[/b] [item=all-seeing shroom]x99[item=diseased fungus]x99[item=emetic russula]x99[item=noxious colony] [/quote]
@Kryptica (@Phenri your NPC has been found!)
10/9 Exploration

!NEW NPC ENCOUNTER!
Denn wrote:

Name: Denn

Lore: Between the cliffs of the mountains of the Rotrock Rim, a bright green pearlcatcher walks around, her muzzle pointed towards the ground, clearly searching for something. Her clearn green eyes are focused on the ground around her while she hums a little melody, seemingly too happy and unconcerned with the harsh and hostile environment that surrounds her. With a small, content sound sne stops and starts moving some rocks around before picking up some strange, mushy objects, clearly not noticing you at all. Not until you gently clears your throath does she turn her head and look at you "Are you here to look for mushrooms too?" a bright smile rapidly spreads accross her face. She puts away the supposed mushroom she found in a pouch before approaching you "I know, I know - finding mushrooms in the weateland? Yeah. It sounds crazy - and if I were you, I wouldn't eat most of those you can find here. But.." she stops and clicks her tounge a few times before reaching back into the pouch and hands you a few of the mushrooms she has found. "I'm sure you can still find some you for these" she proclaims as she hands you the suspicious-looking mushrooms. Before you can say anything, the pearlcatcher has dissapeared between the rocks again in search of more mushrooms.

Gifts:
All-Seeing Shroom x99 Diseased Fungus x99 Emetic Russula x99 Noxious Colony
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
@Antigen

You still have to do my encounter
@Antigen

You still have to do my encounter
Please do me a favor and ping me if you are responding to me in a forum
@Neurotoxina

I have your post logged for today, 10/10, at shortly after 4AM server time. There are a few 10/9 encounters to do still. The one above is from 10/9. Thank you for your patience.
@Neurotoxina

I have your post logged for today, 10/10, at shortly after 4AM server time. There are a few 10/9 encounters to do still. The one above is from 10/9. Thank you for your patience.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
All exploration posts and RP posts are now logged up to *here*. Distributions for today and the remainder of 10/9 following. Welcome, new explorers!
All exploration posts and RP posts are now logged up to *here*. Distributions for today and the remainder of 10/9 following. Welcome, new explorers!
@BoggyMcBogface
Hey there! Sorry to miss your post earlier.
The image of the exploration map in the first post is hyperlinked to the map! 3idolon is currently on an unanticipatedly long work schedule but will be available tomorrow evening. :3

Here is the direct link: Click!
@BoggyMcBogface
Hey there! Sorry to miss your post earlier.
The image of the exploration map in the first post is hyperlinked to the map! 3idolon is currently on an unanticipatedly long work schedule but will be available tomorrow evening. :3

Here is the direct link: Click!
@Cathatt (your 10/9) @PijukVonGacy @DisastrousAbsol @CinamonPizza @StarkHarkness (your 10/10) "Other" Category [quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48091802] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480919/48091802_350.png[/img] [/url] A sickly bright nocturne made her rounds along the outskirts of each terrain: Wyrmwound, Rotrock, Boneyard, Borderlands. Her keen navigational instincts ensured she found her way in and out of the regions, but a full circuit took up months of her time. Still, it was a way for her to spread her treasure trove, unmarked, through treacherous lands where it would be protected from all but adapted scavengers or lucky travelers. Scurvy's collections came from all over Sornieth. She prided herself on the contents of these chests. She worked in solitude to conceal them, planting her treasures all over the plaguelands; in caves and caverns, beneath roots, partially buried in the earth, and sometimes the contagion took them, never to be seen again. Sometimes, though, a discovery could be made by someone who happened upon them. She'd added to each chest a page from her book, which contained a record of how its contents had been acquired. A memory for her, or a memoir for the finder, depending on who recovered them. [item=iron treasure chest]x1 [item=iron treasure chest]x1 [item=iron treasure chest]x1 [item=iron treasure chest]x1 [item=iron treasure chest]x1 [/center][/quote]
@Cathatt (your 10/9) @PijukVonGacy @DisastrousAbsol @CinamonPizza @StarkHarkness (your 10/10)
"Other" Category

Quote:

48091802_350.png

A sickly bright nocturne made her rounds along the outskirts of each terrain: Wyrmwound, Rotrock, Boneyard, Borderlands. Her keen navigational instincts ensured she found her way in and out of the regions, but a full circuit took up months of her time. Still, it was a way for her to spread her treasure trove, unmarked, through treacherous lands where it would be protected from all but adapted scavengers or lucky travelers.

Scurvy's collections came from all over Sornieth. She prided herself on the contents of these chests. She worked in solitude to conceal them, planting her treasures all over the plaguelands; in caves and caverns, beneath roots, partially buried in the earth, and sometimes the contagion took them, never to be seen again. Sometimes, though, a discovery could be made by someone who happened upon them.

She'd added to each chest a page from her book, which contained a record of how its contents had been acquired. A memory for her, or a memoir for the finder, depending on who recovered them.

Iron Treasure Chest x1 Iron Treasure Chest x1 Iron Treasure Chest x1 Iron Treasure Chest x1 Iron Treasure Chest x1
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 144 145