Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] For Your Spies Only - Closed
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26 27
(My apologies for the delay, i just got off of work but i think i'm posting this in time? ^^ Also... i just wanted to note that i originally posted about 15 minutes ago but had to delete and repost because of a grammar error ;_; )

Day 1:

The turkey went flying, sizzling juices, seasoning and all - straight into another dragon. Papers went flying everywhere, as the Coatl fell backwards, scrambling to catch them and himself before he hit the ground.

Hader's jaw dropped in disbelief. He was so stunned that he couldn't move. Why had he chosen to eat Turkey in this part of town today, of all days? Was it just coincidence? Was it fate? As a dragon of science, he did not believe it, but too many things had happened today, each more unbelievable than the previous, to easily dismiss the thought.

There was a small cough. Disgruntled, and having picked himself up, the dragon narrowed his eyes as he took in the somewhat lean figure that had bumped into him. "And your name is...?". "Ha-Hader, sir", he replied meekly.

Small glasses were pushed up, as the Coatl moved closer him, then curiously began circling him, asking Hader a few questions about his life as he did so. He looked him up and down, as if he were a hawk examining his next prey. "Yes... yes, you will do nicely.". A white card with three dots on it was pressed into the Bogsneak's paw. "Come to this address tomorrow, but tell no one. And i mean no one. We wouldn't want you to go missing before the mission even starts, now would we?". The Coatl spoke in such a quiet voice that he almost missed what he was saying. "...M-m-issing?", Hader blurted out, looked up from the card, looking for the Coatl. He was gone.
(My apologies for the delay, i just got off of work but i think i'm posting this in time? ^^ Also... i just wanted to note that i originally posted about 15 minutes ago but had to delete and repost because of a grammar error ;_; )

Day 1:

The turkey went flying, sizzling juices, seasoning and all - straight into another dragon. Papers went flying everywhere, as the Coatl fell backwards, scrambling to catch them and himself before he hit the ground.

Hader's jaw dropped in disbelief. He was so stunned that he couldn't move. Why had he chosen to eat Turkey in this part of town today, of all days? Was it just coincidence? Was it fate? As a dragon of science, he did not believe it, but too many things had happened today, each more unbelievable than the previous, to easily dismiss the thought.

There was a small cough. Disgruntled, and having picked himself up, the dragon narrowed his eyes as he took in the somewhat lean figure that had bumped into him. "And your name is...?". "Ha-Hader, sir", he replied meekly.

Small glasses were pushed up, as the Coatl moved closer him, then curiously began circling him, asking Hader a few questions about his life as he did so. He looked him up and down, as if he were a hawk examining his next prey. "Yes... yes, you will do nicely.". A white card with three dots on it was pressed into the Bogsneak's paw. "Come to this address tomorrow, but tell no one. And i mean no one. We wouldn't want you to go missing before the mission even starts, now would we?". The Coatl spoke in such a quiet voice that he almost missed what he was saying. "...M-m-issing?", Hader blurted out, looked up from the card, looking for the Coatl. He was gone.
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
@Espoir I'll accept it this time (it's not THAT late) but I'm not going to be able to again in fairness to everyone else.
@Espoir I'll accept it this time (it's not THAT late) but I'm not going to be able to again in fairness to everyone else.
30oPYgq.png
@Alfamangle @MessengerDragon @Juri01 @Hikaye @Lhumyaki @Okapi @moissi @gaymiens @Espoir @mintea00 @LordMaroo @Runi @dividedAnimus @SilverQuark @RockyLemons Day 2! [b]You have until Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:57:11 FR time to submit your entry.[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=13&winggene=13&wings=106&auth=dea4dcf64757cb75ffea6ae66911a12838724537&dummyext=prev.png[/img] You have spent a few weeks in Thunderstorm City collecting information and tracking down promising leads by listening to chatty locals, reading articles in the local news parchments, and making very discreet inquiries. You've confirmed the locations of Apprentice Magister Gertrude and the original Electrical Engineering team involved in rebuilding the Sanctorum: Flick, Chasem, and Dib. Your only decision now is who to contact first? Note: Feel free to use the following FR article as a reference. [url]http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=98[/url]
@Alfamangle @MessengerDragon @Juri01 @Hikaye @Lhumyaki @Okapi
@moissi @gaymiens @Espoir @mintea00 @LordMaroo @Runi @dividedAnimus
@SilverQuark @RockyLemons

Day 2! You have until Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:57:11 FR time to submit your entry.

dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=13&winggene=13&wings=106&auth=dea4dcf64757cb75ffea6ae66911a12838724537&dummyext=prev.png

You have spent a few weeks in Thunderstorm City collecting information and tracking down promising leads by listening to chatty locals, reading articles in the local news parchments, and making very discreet inquiries. You've confirmed the locations of Apprentice Magister Gertrude and the original Electrical Engineering team involved in rebuilding the Sanctorum: Flick, Chasem, and Dib. Your only decision now is who to contact first?

Note: Feel free to use the following FR article as a reference.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=98
30oPYgq.png
@SilverQuark

Er yes, you are supposed to write a short story about your interview with whoever you chose.
@SilverQuark

Er yes, you are supposed to write a short story about your interview with whoever you chose.
30oPYgq.png
@SkyDagger

I'll edit it into my previous post!
@SkyDagger

I'll edit it into my previous post!
@SilverQuark

Do not do that as it will disqualify you. Simply delete your post and repost before the deadline.
@SilverQuark

Do not do that as it will disqualify you. Simply delete your post and repost before the deadline.
30oPYgq.png
@SkyDagger

Oh sure, I can do that.

Day 2

The hustle and bustle of this place is... really something. The Sanctorum sure seems to live up to its name, majestic as it is. It's hard to believe this entire building would be the work of three engineers, and that they're all right here in front of me.

...The Spiral lives up to the stereotypes of his breed, I suppose. I haven't been here five minutes and I've already seen him zooming from place to place and I swear, he must've covered the perimeter of the entire place at least once already. Oh look, one's a Ridgeback! Wait, he seems a little caught up in something important and dangerous with his... six? eight? ten cables? Um, probably best to not approach him while he's working. I'll go with the Snapper.

"Greetings." I quickly add, "Sorry for interrupting your work."
He turns to me and waves back. "Chasem, pleasure. You have any business here?"
"Just a curious traveler hoping to learn more about how this place came about, down to the nitty gritty technicalities". I probably don't need to circle my hand around the building to make him get it, but I do so anyway.
He seems both surprised and pleased with my question. "Oh boy, have a seat, we'll be on lunch break soon. You're in for one hell of a ride..."
@SkyDagger

Oh sure, I can do that.

Day 2

The hustle and bustle of this place is... really something. The Sanctorum sure seems to live up to its name, majestic as it is. It's hard to believe this entire building would be the work of three engineers, and that they're all right here in front of me.

...The Spiral lives up to the stereotypes of his breed, I suppose. I haven't been here five minutes and I've already seen him zooming from place to place and I swear, he must've covered the perimeter of the entire place at least once already. Oh look, one's a Ridgeback! Wait, he seems a little caught up in something important and dangerous with his... six? eight? ten cables? Um, probably best to not approach him while he's working. I'll go with the Snapper.

"Greetings." I quickly add, "Sorry for interrupting your work."
He turns to me and waves back. "Chasem, pleasure. You have any business here?"
"Just a curious traveler hoping to learn more about how this place came about, down to the nitty gritty technicalities". I probably don't need to circle my hand around the building to make him get it, but I do so anyway.
He seems both surprised and pleased with my question. "Oh boy, have a seat, we'll be on lunch break soon. You're in for one hell of a ride..."
@SkyDagger Is this set before or after they got relocated away from the build site?
@SkyDagger Is this set before or after they got relocated away from the build site?
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
@MessengerDragon

After
@MessengerDragon

After
30oPYgq.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45626786][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/456268/45626786.png[/img][/url] [i]Laisa was feeling very pleased with herself, as she always did when she had a new story at her fingertips. Four leads! Part of her wished she knew how to be in four places at once, just so that she could rush after all four of them immediately. But since she couldn't do that, Laisa urged herself to have a bit of patience and think things over. Of course, she'd interview all four, and then some others as well; for instance, surely somebody must've delivered materials? If she found out what materials exactly, then she'd be one step closer to finding out what exactly was being built. But for now, she had four dragons who knew something of interest, and she needed to decide who to speak to first. Order was important in situations like this. Whoever she interviewed first might inform the others that somebody had come snooping around. Additionally, the more information she had when starting an interview, the more benefit that interview could yield - she'd know what to look for, what to pay attention to. She could approach somebody a second time of course, but in most cases that would be drawing unnecessary attention to herself. Weighing each candidate up, Laisa eventually decided that Magister Gertrude was the one to approach first. If rumours were correct regarding her getting evicted from the property, then she likely wasn't involved with whatever the project was. This meant several things. Firstly, she was probably annoyed, and such emotions tended to make dragons predisposed to complaining to others. More talkative. More likely to say something interesting without realising it. Secondly, since she wasn't part of the team that had initially worked on the project, so she probably didn't know as much about it. But she probably had observed quite a bit, and some of her observations might be ones that the other three would prefer not to mention. And thirdly, since the other three worked together as a team, the one she interviewed was quite likely to tell the other two about the curious little fae before she got to them. Perhaps it would be wiser to catch Flick, Chasem and Dib when they were all together? But that would wait. For now, Laisa wanted to see what the apprentice Magister had to say. Thus deciding, Laisa set off to her destination. "Good evening, Magister Gertrude, I hope today finds you well?" "Well enough. And who might you be?" The Magister peered at her curiously. "Laisa, daughter of Averrika and Squorn, hailing from the Windswept Plateau." Laisa raised her fins in a polite greeting. "And what brings you here to the Shifting Expanse, Laisa?" Magister Gertrude asked, though in truth she was wondering why Laisa was vising her, - the travelling spirit of Wind dragons made finding one anyplace in Sornieth no surprise whatsoever. "Well, you see..." Laisa feigned embarassment, "I'm a bit of a writer, myself, and I wanted to write about the Oculus of Eleven. I heard the Lightning sanctum was being expanded, so I thought this'd be an interesting place to start. But nobody would let me get close to it, since I wasn't an employee. When I told them what I wanted, they said I might as well leave since the Magister no longer resides within the sanctum. I was rather hoping you'd be able to tell me what is going on?" Laisa concluded, trying to add a note of pleading to her monotone voice. "What's going on?" Magister Gertrude huffed. "I'd rather like to know that myself..."[/i][/center]
45626786.png
Laisa was feeling very pleased with herself, as she always did when she had a new story at her fingertips. Four leads! Part of her wished she knew how to be in four places at once, just so that she could rush after all four of them immediately. But since she couldn't do that, Laisa urged herself to have a bit of patience and think things over. Of course, she'd interview all four, and then some others as well; for instance, surely somebody must've delivered materials? If she found out what materials exactly, then she'd be one step closer to finding out what exactly was being built. But for now, she had four dragons who knew something of interest, and she needed to decide who to speak to first.

Order was important in situations like this. Whoever she interviewed first might inform the others that somebody had come snooping around. Additionally, the more information she had when starting an interview, the more benefit that interview could yield - she'd know what to look for, what to pay attention to. She could approach somebody a second time of course, but in most cases that would be drawing unnecessary attention to herself. Weighing each candidate up, Laisa eventually decided that Magister Gertrude was the one to approach first. If rumours were correct regarding her getting evicted from the property, then she likely wasn't involved with whatever the project was.

This meant several things. Firstly, she was probably annoyed, and such emotions tended to make dragons predisposed to complaining to others. More talkative. More likely to say something interesting without realising it. Secondly, since she wasn't part of the team that had initially worked on the project, so she probably didn't know as much about it. But she probably had observed quite a bit, and some of her observations might be ones that the other three would prefer not to mention. And thirdly, since the other three worked together as a team, the one she interviewed was quite likely to tell the other two about the curious little fae before she got to them. Perhaps it would be wiser to catch Flick, Chasem and Dib when they were all together? But that would wait. For now, Laisa wanted to see what the apprentice Magister had to say. Thus deciding, Laisa set off to her destination.

"Good evening, Magister Gertrude, I hope today finds you well?"
"Well enough. And who might you be?" The Magister peered at her curiously.
"Laisa, daughter of Averrika and Squorn, hailing from the Windswept Plateau." Laisa raised her fins in a polite greeting.
"And what brings you here to the Shifting Expanse, Laisa?" Magister Gertrude asked, though in truth she was wondering why Laisa was vising her, - the travelling spirit of Wind dragons made finding one anyplace in Sornieth no surprise whatsoever.
"Well, you see..." Laisa feigned embarassment, "I'm a bit of a writer, myself, and I wanted to write about the Oculus of Eleven. I heard the Lightning sanctum was being expanded, so I thought this'd be an interesting place to start. But nobody would let me get close to it, since I wasn't an employee. When I told them what I wanted, they said I might as well leave since the Magister no longer resides within the sanctum. I was rather hoping you'd be able to tell me what is going on?" Laisa concluded, trying to add a note of pleading to her monotone voice.
"What's going on?" Magister Gertrude huffed. "I'd rather like to know that myself..."
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26 27