Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] To the Ends of Sornieth
1 2 3 4 5
[center][b]Day 18[/b] [item=winter wolf pelt] Roll 4: apparel: nesting [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54172604] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/541727/54172604_350.png[/img] [/url] As the group continued the next night, Setku was teaching Vathu what to look for in the cracks of the soil to find water in the Shattered Plain. He pointed out a spot that likely had water under the surface. They stopped there and Vathu started digging, surprised to find a stream not far under the surface. Once water was found, he helped her to tear out out enough space to fish. While Setku was able to catch a few fish, something strange came floating along in the water. As it came closer, Setku could tell it was a young Wildclaw. As soon as he recognized it was a hatchling, he immediately reached towards them to pick them up, concerned for their safety. The hatchling was motionless for a few seconds, making Setku fear he was too late to help them, but to his relief, the Wildclaw started moving and chirping. He set them down in the dirt next to the shore. As he observed the tiny dragon, he noticed little gills near their ribs and when they opened their eyes, they were a very dark blue. This hatchling was undoubtedly of Water, and so could breathe just fine in the stream. Setku asked the hatchling their name, where their parents were, but got nothing in response. The Wildclaw was too young understand him. Vathu was shaken by the event, but relieved when the hatchling started making noise and standing on their own. She offered to take them in along with the one she was already caring for, but Setku politely declined. "Nah, you've got yer hands full with that one. I haven't ever raised a hatchlin' by m'self, but fam'ly would visit with their little ones, so I've got some experience. And since we're all t'gether with a bunch o' other little hatchlin's, I should be able to find help if I need it." He said before scooping up the hatchling again. They were so small compared to him, easily able to fit in his palm. Vathu gathered up the fish that Setku had caught before the hatchling showed up and caught up with the rest of the group. "I think I'mma call you Vaim. That a good name, little buddy?" Setku commented towards the Wildclaw he was still gently holding in one hand as he walked. At sunrise, camp was set up again with Vathu, Setku, and Hexoi sleeping outside. Setku didn't see a need in keeping Vaim with him when they could easily fit in the cooler tent with everyone else. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] Ok. With this, there are 5 in lore adults and 5 in lore hatchlings. So, from here on out, new rule: the in lore hatchlings to in lore adults ratio cannot exceed 1:1. Which is where it's at now. If I get a pull that would push it over, it will be treated as a food pull. Ketri will be considered an adult in 3 days. I'm implementing this rule because I'm being overrun with hatchlings and with materials results being randomized, the odds of getting an "apparel" pull are increased. I'm not at all bothered with the "familiar" pulls because I have more fun writing characters who are coming into the story with a background and personality already kind of figured out. I'm not as much enjoying all these hatchlings who are too young to have solid backstories and personalities dumped on the travelers.[/center]
Day 18

Winter Wolf Pelt

Roll 4: apparel: nesting

54172604_350.png

As the group continued the next night, Setku was teaching Vathu what to look for in the cracks of the soil to find water in the Shattered Plain. He pointed out a spot that likely had water under the surface. They stopped there and Vathu started digging, surprised to find a stream not far under the surface. Once water was found, he helped her to tear out out enough space to fish.

While Setku was able to catch a few fish, something strange came floating along in the water. As it came closer, Setku could tell it was a young Wildclaw. As soon as he recognized it was a hatchling, he immediately reached towards them to pick them up, concerned for their safety.

The hatchling was motionless for a few seconds, making Setku fear he was too late to help them, but to his relief, the Wildclaw started moving and chirping. He set them down in the dirt next to the shore. As he observed the tiny dragon, he noticed little gills near their ribs and when they opened their eyes, they were a very dark blue. This hatchling was undoubtedly of Water, and so could breathe just fine in the stream. Setku asked the hatchling their name, where their parents were, but got nothing in response. The Wildclaw was too young understand him.

Vathu was shaken by the event, but relieved when the hatchling started making noise and standing on their own. She offered to take them in along with the one she was already caring for, but Setku politely declined.

"Nah, you've got yer hands full with that one. I haven't ever raised a hatchlin' by m'self, but fam'ly would visit with their little ones, so I've got some experience. And since we're all t'gether with a bunch o' other little hatchlin's, I should be able to find help if I need it." He said before scooping up the hatchling again. They were so small compared to him, easily able to fit in his palm.

Vathu gathered up the fish that Setku had caught before the hatchling showed up and caught up with the rest of the group.

"I think I'mma call you Vaim. That a good name, little buddy?" Setku commented towards the Wildclaw he was still gently holding in one hand as he walked.

At sunrise, camp was set up again with Vathu, Setku, and Hexoi sleeping outside. Setku didn't see a need in keeping Vaim with him when they could easily fit in the cooler tent with everyone else.

tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png

Ok. With this, there are 5 in lore adults and 5 in lore hatchlings. So, from here on out, new rule: the in lore hatchlings to in lore adults ratio cannot exceed 1:1. Which is where it's at now. If I get a pull that would push it over, it will be treated as a food pull. Ketri will be considered an adult in 3 days. I'm implementing this rule because I'm being overrun with hatchlings and with materials results being randomized, the odds of getting an "apparel" pull are increased. I'm not at all bothered with the "familiar" pulls because I have more fun writing characters who are coming into the story with a background and personality already kind of figured out. I'm not as much enjoying all these hatchlings who are too young to have solid backstories and personalities dumped on the travelers.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[center][b]Day 19[/b] [item=ranger's wing cover] Nesting: too many hatchlings: treat as food: roll 3: seafood: 30 battles The travelers were in their final stretch across the Shattered Plain and the mountains that formed the Cairnstone Rest were coming into view. But also coming into view was a small town composed of large elaborate tents and more carved out boulders. Though since it was night, activity was scarce. They were a little ahead of schedule, so Ydron agreed to stay for a while. After some consideration, it was decided they would go the tavern that was open all night for some well deserved professionally prepared food and relaxation. Vathu was still concerned about their supply of fish between herself and the fish-eating hatchlings with them, so they all agreed that she and Setku would take care of all the hatchlings while the others were at the tavern, except for Ketri who was nearly fully grown and on the precipice of adulthood, plus he wasn't very interested in going on their fishing trip. Vathu and Setku would ask the town guards if they could fish in the stream running through and if yes, would fish while looking after the hatchlings, and if not, still look after them, just not fish. So long as the others brought them nice fishy meals from the tavern within reason for their current budget. Luckily, their request for fishing was approved, so Vathu and Setku took the young hatchlings to the stream. Setku set out to fishing while Vathu watched over them. Vaim had taken an interest in the water and so had Hexoi. She feared that if Hexoi fell in that the water would frighten them, but then again, not all Ridgebacks disliked it and she or Setku could easily scoop them out if either fell in. The two hatchlings were sitting on the bank, watching, seemingly mesmerized by how the stream flowed by and the small fish living in it swam around. Hexoi kept leaning in closer and closer until their snout touched the water. They retreated quickly, shaking their head, but still seemed intrigued by the stream. Meanwhile, the two Coatls of the group were playing not far in front of her. Rori had once again taken on that weird ghostly form and was floating above Zea, who was chasing and leaping at them, trying to reach Rori in the air. But of course it was fruitless as Zea was too young to be able to fly. Suddenly, Zea landed wrong from a leap and stumbled, tumbling onto the ground. They laid still for a few seconds in surprise, then started making a distressed high pitched hum as they started to feel pain. Vathu winced in pain as the sound hit her ears. The noise was very high pitched. She nodded towards Setku, who took the hint to watch Vaim and Hexoi while she went to help the other two. When Zea started crying out, Rori's floating became stationary as looked to the other hatchling. Rori didn't really understand what was going on, but they felt the need to come down and get closer to Zea. And that's exactly what Rori did. They floated down towards Zea and returned to their normal state. Rori came over to where Zea was lying on the ground and looked at their face. Rori then started to make a soothing cooing noise both to express curiosity, but also as a calming mechanism for themself, which also seemed to work on Zea. Vathu took the opportunity to look at the leg Zea had fallen onto. Everything appeared fine, so she figured it was a sprain. She didn't know much about healing, but did know that Zea should stay off the leg until it was better. At that point, Setku was concerned, and had caught quite a few fish, so came over with Hexoi and Vaim to help Vathu. She explained what was going on and he looked at Zea's leg. He thought about what to do for a moment before turning to look at Vathu. "I think I can help this." He said, his voice quiet and with a tone of uncertainty. "I can speed up time on objects and dragons, make 'em age, but I was never very concerned with honin' it. It'll take quite a bit outta me, but I can speed up time to make it heal faster. Though I don know if it'll only affect the leg or all o' 'eir whole body." Vathu considered the offer and decided to let him go ahead. "Either way, it'll make healing easier, especially considering none of us are healers nor have the supplies to deal with this properly. If you can expedite their healing... and possibly aging a little bit, it will help. I'll still make sure they stay off that leg until we're confident it's better." Setku agreed and gently grabbed Zea's tiny ankle. Rori kept cooing, which was keeping Zea calm as Setku focused all the energy he could muster into the joint. As he did so, Zea's pain faded, but didn't go away. When he felt himself falling asleep, Setku let go, knowing he'd pass out if he kept using the spell. Vathu then tore some pieces off of the scarf that went with her armor and tied it around Zea's paw and up around their ankle to make rudimentary brace and used a long strip to make a sling. She then encouraged Zea to try and stand. The sling prevented them from putting their paw on the ground, but as they tried to walk, they quickly figured out how to move while not using that leg. The rest of the group soon joined them and decided to camp there by the stream for the day because Setku didn't have the energy to keep going. They'd kept their promise about the fish meals, but Vathu decided to give hers to Zea and eat some of the fish they had stored instead. Once everything was set up and everyone was in the tent save for Setku and Vathu, Ydron approached her and asked if she thought Zea was alright. After some discussion, she let Ydron take Zea to the town healer and ask their opinion. By the time Ydron had returned, Vathu was asleep in the sunlight. He'd have to wait until the evening to tell her the good news that the aging spell seemed to work and if Setku could do that for the next few days and they kept the leg in the sling that it would be completely healed in 5 days at the most. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] I honestly am surprised I got another legit apparel pull and have to enforce the too many hatchlings rule. RNG picked Ydron or Vathu to wear the wing cover. I decided to give it to Vathu since it matches her color scheme better. For the battles, RNG chose Orodinth (level 5), Zea (level 1), and Zamirth (level 6). Average level=4. Woodland Path. [b]Notable drops:[/b] [item=leafy pack]x3 There were a few close calls with Zea, but once they leveled up a couple times, they were mostly able to hold their own. Orodinth is now level 6, Zea is level 5, and Zamirth is level 7. Because of those close calls, Zea gains an injury.[/center]
Day 19

Ranger's Wing Cover

Nesting: too many hatchlings: treat as food: roll 3: seafood: 30 battles

The travelers were in their final stretch across the Shattered Plain and the mountains that formed the Cairnstone Rest were coming into view. But also coming into view was a small town composed of large elaborate tents and more carved out boulders. Though since it was night, activity was scarce. They were a little ahead of schedule, so Ydron agreed to stay for a while.

After some consideration, it was decided they would go the tavern that was open all night for some well deserved professionally prepared food and relaxation. Vathu was still concerned about their supply of fish between herself and the fish-eating hatchlings with them, so they all agreed that she and Setku would take care of all the hatchlings while the others were at the tavern, except for Ketri who was nearly fully grown and on the precipice of adulthood, plus he wasn't very interested in going on their fishing trip. Vathu and Setku would ask the town guards if they could fish in the stream running through and if yes, would fish while looking after the hatchlings, and if not, still look after them, just not fish. So long as the others brought them nice fishy meals from the tavern within reason for their current budget.

Luckily, their request for fishing was approved, so Vathu and Setku took the young hatchlings to the stream. Setku set out to fishing while Vathu watched over them. Vaim had taken an interest in the water and so had Hexoi. She feared that if Hexoi fell in that the water would frighten them, but then again, not all Ridgebacks disliked it and she or Setku could easily scoop them out if either fell in. The two hatchlings were sitting on the bank, watching, seemingly mesmerized by how the stream flowed by and the small fish living in it swam around. Hexoi kept leaning in closer and closer until their snout touched the water. They retreated quickly, shaking their head, but still seemed intrigued by the stream.

Meanwhile, the two Coatls of the group were playing not far in front of her. Rori had once again taken on that weird ghostly form and was floating above Zea, who was chasing and leaping at them, trying to reach Rori in the air. But of course it was fruitless as Zea was too young to be able to fly. Suddenly, Zea landed wrong from a leap and stumbled, tumbling onto the ground. They laid still for a few seconds in surprise, then started making a distressed high pitched hum as they started to feel pain. Vathu winced in pain as the sound hit her ears. The noise was very high pitched.

She nodded towards Setku, who took the hint to watch Vaim and Hexoi while she went to help the other two. When Zea started crying out, Rori's floating became stationary as looked to the other hatchling. Rori didn't really understand what was going on, but they felt the need to come down and get closer to Zea. And that's exactly what Rori did. They floated down towards Zea and returned to their normal state. Rori came over to where Zea was lying on the ground and looked at their face. Rori then started to make a soothing cooing noise both to express curiosity, but also as a calming mechanism for themself, which also seemed to work on Zea.

Vathu took the opportunity to look at the leg Zea had fallen onto. Everything appeared fine, so she figured it was a sprain. She didn't know much about healing, but did know that Zea should stay off the leg until it was better.

At that point, Setku was concerned, and had caught quite a few fish, so came over with Hexoi and Vaim to help Vathu. She explained what was going on and he looked at Zea's leg. He thought about what to do for a moment before turning to look at Vathu. "I think I can help this." He said, his voice quiet and with a tone of uncertainty. "I can speed up time on objects and dragons, make 'em age, but I was never very concerned with honin' it. It'll take quite a bit outta me, but I can speed up time to make it heal faster. Though I don know if it'll only affect the leg or all o' 'eir whole body."

Vathu considered the offer and decided to let him go ahead. "Either way, it'll make healing easier, especially considering none of us are healers nor have the supplies to deal with this properly. If you can expedite their healing... and possibly aging a little bit, it will help. I'll still make sure they stay off that leg until we're confident it's better."

Setku agreed and gently grabbed Zea's tiny ankle. Rori kept cooing, which was keeping Zea calm as Setku focused all the energy he could muster into the joint. As he did so, Zea's pain faded, but didn't go away. When he felt himself falling asleep, Setku let go, knowing he'd pass out if he kept using the spell.

Vathu then tore some pieces off of the scarf that went with her armor and tied it around Zea's paw and up around their ankle to make rudimentary brace and used a long strip to make a sling. She then encouraged Zea to try and stand. The sling prevented them from putting their paw on the ground, but as they tried to walk, they quickly figured out how to move while not using that leg.

The rest of the group soon joined them and decided to camp there by the stream for the day because Setku didn't have the energy to keep going. They'd kept their promise about the fish meals, but Vathu decided to give hers to Zea and eat some of the fish they had stored instead.

Once everything was set up and everyone was in the tent save for Setku and Vathu, Ydron approached her and asked if she thought Zea was alright. After some discussion, she let Ydron take Zea to the town healer and ask their opinion.

By the time Ydron had returned, Vathu was asleep in the sunlight. He'd have to wait until the evening to tell her the good news that the aging spell seemed to work and if Setku could do that for the next few days and they kept the leg in the sling that it would be completely healed in 5 days at the most.

I honestly am surprised I got another legit apparel pull and have to enforce the too many hatchlings rule. RNG picked Ydron or Vathu to wear the wing cover. I decided to give it to Vathu since it matches her color scheme better.

For the battles, RNG chose Orodinth (level 5), Zea (level 1), and Zamirth (level 6). Average level=4. Woodland Path.

Notable drops:

Leafy Pack x3

There were a few close calls with Zea, but once they leveled up a couple times, they were mostly able to hold their own. Orodinth is now level 6, Zea is level 5, and Zamirth is level 7. Because of those close calls, Zea gains an injury.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 20[/b] [item=oozing tusk] Roll 4: nesting: too many hatchlings: treat as food: roll 2: insect: 20 battles The next evening, Ydron delivered the news about Zea's ankle to Vathu and Setku. They were relieved to know their leg should be healed soon as long as they kept Zea from putting weight on it and Setku used his aging spell to speed up the healing process. Continuing North was pretty uneventful. As the sun began to rise again, Vathu carefully removed Zea's sling and brace so Setku could use the spell again. Zea seemed to start to understand what they were doing and why. After about a minute of focusing his magic, Setku was too tired to keep using the spell, so let go and settled down to sleep. As Vathu put back the brace and sling, Zea took more interest in it. "Just a few days like this, then you can walk normally again. For now, you just can't walk or stand on that leg." Vathu told them quietly as they stood up. Zea didn't really respond, but seemed to mostly understand her words. Zea stood there for a few more seconds before following everyone else into the tent to sleep. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] I had a hard time sleeping last night. I'm tired and when I asked my brain what to write today, it went "uhhh". So, lazy day. I'm writing like, nothing. RNG chose Orodinth (level 6), Zea (level 5), and Vathu (level 5). Average level=5.3=5. Woodland Path. [b]Notable drops:[/b] [item=earthen might fragment][item=leafy pack] Orodinth reached level 7 and Vathu reached level 6. Zea is almost at level 6.[/center]
Day 20

Oozing Tusk

Roll 4: nesting: too many hatchlings: treat as food: roll 2: insect: 20 battles

The next evening, Ydron delivered the news about Zea's ankle to Vathu and Setku. They were relieved to know their leg should be healed soon as long as they kept Zea from putting weight on it and Setku used his aging spell to speed up the healing process.

Continuing North was pretty uneventful. As the sun began to rise again, Vathu carefully removed Zea's sling and brace so Setku could use the spell again. Zea seemed to start to understand what they were doing and why.

After about a minute of focusing his magic, Setku was too tired to keep using the spell, so let go and settled down to sleep. As Vathu put back the brace and sling, Zea took more interest in it. "Just a few days like this, then you can walk normally again. For now, you just can't walk or stand on that leg." Vathu told them quietly as they stood up. Zea didn't really respond, but seemed to mostly understand her words.

Zea stood there for a few more seconds before following everyone else into the tent to sleep.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I'm tired and when I asked my brain what to write today, it went "uhhh". So, lazy day. I'm writing like, nothing.

RNG chose Orodinth (level 6), Zea (level 5), and Vathu (level 5). Average level=5.3=5. Woodland Path.

Notable drops:

Earthen Might Fragment Leafy Pack

Orodinth reached level 7 and Vathu reached level 6. Zea is almost at level 6.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 21[/b] [item=goldbelly dragonfish] 30 battles The next night, the mountainous area in the distance wasn't so distant anymore. They'd reached the Cairnstone Rest. As Ydron approached one of the absolutely massive entrances to the cave system, he turned to address the travelers. "Welcome to the Cairnstone Rest! I know a well established path that leads from here to the Nowthwest shore of Dragonhome and the Outer Ocean. I know someone who runs a ferry service over there. He'll be providing transportation for us to the Eastern side of the Crystalspine Reaches. It's easy to get lost in here, so we're sticking strictly to that path. If anything goes wrong, I do have a map of this region of the Rest, but I don't want to have to use it. So, it is most important here out of anywhere else we'll be going that you follow my lead. Lest we end up off the path." With that, Ydron began to enter the Rest. It was dark in the cave, almost pitch black. Ydron seemed to know exactly where he was going, but everyone else had to struggle to tell where they were going. Well, except for Zam. Being of Shadow, she had night vision and no trouble seeing the surrounding area. Vathu considered using her limited magic to provide lighting, but she knew she couldn't maintain it long enough for it to be viable. But just as it was becoming impossible to see, lights could be seen not too far away. The lighted chamber had lanterns hanging from the ceiling that continued down the path they were following. Aside from the lanterns, the room was very much like where they had just been. Later, they entered a chamber with a small waterfall emerging from some rocks and falling into a large underground spring. It didn't seem very populated with fish, and they already had enough fish, so everyone went for a swim except for Vathu. But to her surprise, Hexoi went into the water and actually seemed to enjoy it. After a while, Ydron decided to get out and dry off before setting up camp. While they were in the caves without any way of knowing what time it was based on the sun, he would be transitioning them back to diurnal schedule. Not long after he had everything together, the travelers gradually made their way out of the spring and each of them took some time to try off before settling in to sleep. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] Before we get into today's pull, I'm implementing another rule change. 7 days between locations is proving kind of boring to me. If I didn't try to write everyday, this would be different, but I've decided to make this change to hopefully have a more fast-paced story, but also to push things along. By the very nature of this storyline, it has an expiration date. Once they're done with their final stop, all that's left to do is an epilogue. On the 7 day scale, it means it will continue for at least 308 days. I'm bumping it down to 5 days. Which means it has a lifespan of at least 220 days. Going into this, I knew it wouldn't last forever and early on, was conceptualizing the next Pinkerlocke I would take on after this. So, in short, I'm changing the minimum time in one area from 7 days to 5 days. Also, Ketri will be off his first cooldown in 4 days, meaning he has reached the final stage on my aging scale. He's now officially an adult in lore! I can now take in two more hatchlings. Finally, onto today's pull. RNG chose Vathu (level 6), Ketri (level 1), and Zea (level 5). Average level=4. Woodland Path. Ketri had dodged the coli team RNG until today. May Plaguebringer bless him... and we have no healer on this team... oh boy... I foresee more potion chugging and fleeing today. Surprisingly, the only close call was with Vathu (This challenge has made me [i]hate [/i]Greenroot Janustraps), but not enough for me to justify giving her an injury. Still scared me, though. She's >50 points from level 7, but still technically level 6. Zea is now level 6 and Ketri is level 5. Ketri is becoming a defensive healer.[/center]
Day 21

Goldbelly Dragonfish

30 battles

The next night, the mountainous area in the distance wasn't so distant anymore.

They'd reached the Cairnstone Rest.

As Ydron approached one of the absolutely massive entrances to the cave system, he turned to address the travelers. "Welcome to the Cairnstone Rest! I know a well established path that leads from here to the Nowthwest shore of Dragonhome and the Outer Ocean. I know someone who runs a ferry service over there. He'll be providing transportation for us to the Eastern side of the Crystalspine Reaches. It's easy to get lost in here, so we're sticking strictly to that path. If anything goes wrong, I do have a map of this region of the Rest, but I don't want to have to use it. So, it is most important here out of anywhere else we'll be going that you follow my lead. Lest we end up off the path."

With that, Ydron began to enter the Rest. It was dark in the cave, almost pitch black. Ydron seemed to know exactly where he was going, but everyone else had to struggle to tell where they were going. Well, except for Zam. Being of Shadow, she had night vision and no trouble seeing the surrounding area. Vathu considered using her limited magic to provide lighting, but she knew she couldn't maintain it long enough for it to be viable.

But just as it was becoming impossible to see, lights could be seen not too far away. The lighted chamber had lanterns hanging from the ceiling that continued down the path they were following. Aside from the lanterns, the room was very much like where they had just been.

Later, they entered a chamber with a small waterfall emerging from some rocks and falling into a large underground spring. It didn't seem very populated with fish, and they already had enough fish, so everyone went for a swim except for Vathu. But to her surprise, Hexoi went into the water and actually seemed to enjoy it.

After a while, Ydron decided to get out and dry off before setting up camp. While they were in the caves without any way of knowing what time it was based on the sun, he would be transitioning them back to diurnal schedule. Not long after he had everything together, the travelers gradually made their way out of the spring and each of them took some time to try off before settling in to sleep.

Before we get into today's pull, I'm implementing another rule change. 7 days between locations is proving kind of boring to me. If I didn't try to write everyday, this would be different, but I've decided to make this change to hopefully have a more fast-paced story, but also to push things along. By the very nature of this storyline, it has an expiration date. Once they're done with their final stop, all that's left to do is an epilogue. On the 7 day scale, it means it will continue for at least 308 days. I'm bumping it down to 5 days. Which means it has a lifespan of at least 220 days. Going into this, I knew it wouldn't last forever and early on, was conceptualizing the next Pinkerlocke I would take on after this. So, in short, I'm changing the minimum time in one area from 7 days to 5 days.

Also, Ketri will be off his first cooldown in 4 days, meaning he has reached the final stage on my aging scale. He's now officially an adult in lore! I can now take in two more hatchlings.

Finally, onto today's pull. RNG chose Vathu (level 6), Ketri (level 1), and Zea (level 5). Average level=4. Woodland Path. Ketri had dodged the coli team RNG until today. May Plaguebringer bless him... and we have no healer on this team... oh boy... I foresee more potion chugging and fleeing today.

Surprisingly, the only close call was with Vathu (This challenge has made me hate Greenroot Janustraps), but not enough for me to justify giving her an injury. Still scared me, though. She's >50 points from level 7, but still technically level 6. Zea is now level 6 and Ketri is level 5. Ketri is becoming a defensive healer.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 22[/b] [item=walrus pelt] Roll 2: trinket: art No writing today because I'm not sure what to write, so decided to do everything for this portrait of Vathu in one day. This has also been added to the banner rotation. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4ed6b90c55bcada1b33947c6d696c0c0/tumblr_pw1elsUcM51u8t21ho2_540.png[/img][/center]
Day 22

Walrus Pelt

Roll 2: trinket: art

No writing today because I'm not sure what to write, so decided to do everything for this portrait of Vathu in one day. This has also been added to the banner rotation.

tumblr_pw1elsUcM51u8t21ho2_540.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 22[/b] [item=yellow-throated sparrowmouse] New tourist [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54171123][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54171123&skin=0&apparel=28788,9815,12190&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] As the tour group entered a new chamber, this one full of bioluminescent mosses coating the walls, the lanterns ceased, the light now being provided by the plants around them glowing a gentle teal color. The hatchlings in particular were interested in the plants. Hexoi and Rori went to play in it, but Zea's movement was still restricted by their sling. Vathu asked Zam if she could check on their leg and she gave her the go ahead. It should have been healed by now. She approached Zea and asked if she could check on the leg. Zea said yes and Vathu carefully pulled the sling off and unwrapped the brace. She then told Zea to stand normally and walk around slowly, asking if it hurt. Zea told her it felt fine, so Vathu told them it should be healed and they could join in with their friends. Vaim however wasn't playing. They were just… staring. At nothing. In fact, they did that a lot. Setku still wasn't entirely sure why. Vaim just sat there, looking blankly at one of the cave walls. As everyone went through exploring the area, Ketri curiously started into a relatively small tunnel. The fading light from the moss faintly illuminated the face of a frightened Ridgeback cowering on the floor. "Hello?" Ketri asked quietly, taking another small step forward. "Stay back. Don't come any closer. Don't tell them of me. Everyone must stay away." This just confused Ketri. He stopped, but didn't leave. "Are you ok?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. The Ridgeback's pink eyes looked back and forth briefly as he considered his answer. "... no," he finally said, "I'm not. I have this… thing… a-a curse. When I… when I touch anyone with my hands, or-or they touch my hands… they die. Within a few minutes. Because of some toxin my palms make. No one could fix it. I was banished because of it years ago. Because I'm dangerous… so please… leave me here. I don't want to accidentally hurt you like I've hurt everyone else I've known." Ketri considered the Ridgeback's statements. It sounded like a scary thing to contend with, but it sounded like this poor Ridgeback had been all alone since his banishment. Ketri sat down, not wanting to leave quite yet. "If you could be around dragons without the fear of poisoning them, would you do it?" Ketri asked, briefly making eye contact. "Yes." The Ridgeback answered almost immediately. "My dad might be able to help you. Would you mind if I get him?" The Ridgeback took a moment to consider the idea, but agreed. He was desperate to have friends again. Friends who wouldn't die because of him or grow to resent him because of his curse. Ketri left then returned with Orodinth a couple minutes later after informing him on the situation. "You ever been to Lightning territory?" Orodinth asked out of curiosity as he rummaged through his pockets. "No, why?" The Ridgeback replied, curious where this was going. "Lightning scientists are a clever bunch. Workers from other flights need protection from being electrocuted on the job, so it's common for them to wear rubber gloves to keep their arms protected. They're also frequently imported for doctors, especially in the Plaguelands because they're also a good measure against spreading disease, but more importantly, allowing them to more safely handle dangerous substances. I'm thinking they'll probably be able to contain your palm poison. Of course, you'd need to take them off periodically to wash your hands, as I'm assuming it will gradually build up under the gloves the longer you wear them." Normally, Orodinth would try to sell these gloves, but he had several pairs of varying sizes on hand, as back home in the Shifting Expanse, they were incredibly easy to find and he took pity on the Ridgeback. Years of solitude over something he couldn't control sounded miserable, so he was giving him the gloves as a gift. As the Ridgeback put them on, he asked, "you're sure they'll work?" "They can withstand some of the most corrosive substances on Sornieth, odds are, they'll work for you." The Ridgeback sat up, having put them on. He looked at his palms. They were totally covered and dry. He tentatively rubbed one hand along his neck. Normally, the poison would leave a slimy feeling trail, but to his absolute joy, it was completely dry. He excitedly thanked both of them and asked what brought them to the Rest. At the news that they were on a world tour adventure, he asked if he could join in. He was desperate to see more of Sornieth and to make friends. They informed him it shouldn't be a problem and all three left the crevice. Ketri and Orodinth brought Ydron up to speed and he welcomed the Ridgeback aboard, offering a handshake. Leaning on the side of caution, the Ridgeback politely declined. He then introduced himself to the rest of the group, letting them know his name was Xauj. He spent the rest of the day getting to know everyone and when camp was set up for the night, he slept on the cave floor along with Vathu and Setku, being too big to fit into the tent with the rest of them. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] RNG told me to get another Ridgeback, so that's what I did. Now that Xauj is here, the highest breed population in the group is Ridgebacks. [/center]
Day 22

Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse

New tourist

dragon?did=54171123&skin=0&apparel=28788,9815,12190&xt=dressing.png

As the tour group entered a new chamber, this one full of bioluminescent mosses coating the walls, the lanterns ceased, the light now being provided by the plants around them glowing a gentle teal color.

The hatchlings in particular were interested in the plants. Hexoi and Rori went to play in it, but Zea's movement was still restricted by their sling. Vathu asked Zam if she could check on their leg and she gave her the go ahead. It should have been healed by now.

She approached Zea and asked if she could check on the leg. Zea said yes and Vathu carefully pulled the sling off and unwrapped the brace. She then told Zea to stand normally and walk around slowly, asking if it hurt. Zea told her it felt fine, so Vathu told them it should be healed and they could join in with their friends.

Vaim however wasn't playing. They were just… staring. At nothing. In fact, they did that a lot. Setku still wasn't entirely sure why. Vaim just sat there, looking blankly at one of the cave walls.

As everyone went through exploring the area, Ketri curiously started into a relatively small tunnel. The fading light from the moss faintly illuminated the face of a frightened Ridgeback cowering on the floor.

"Hello?" Ketri asked quietly, taking another small step forward. "Stay back. Don't come any closer. Don't tell them of me. Everyone must stay away." This just confused Ketri. He stopped, but didn't leave. "Are you ok?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. The Ridgeback's pink eyes looked back and forth briefly as he considered his answer. "... no," he finally said, "I'm not. I have this… thing… a-a curse. When I… when I touch anyone with my hands, or-or they touch my hands… they die. Within a few minutes. Because of some toxin my palms make. No one could fix it. I was banished because of it years ago. Because I'm dangerous… so please… leave me here. I don't want to accidentally hurt you like I've hurt everyone else I've known."

Ketri considered the Ridgeback's statements. It sounded like a scary thing to contend with, but it sounded like this poor Ridgeback had been all alone since his banishment. Ketri sat down, not wanting to leave quite yet. "If you could be around dragons without the fear of poisoning them, would you do it?" Ketri asked, briefly making eye contact. "Yes." The Ridgeback answered almost immediately. "My dad might be able to help you. Would you mind if I get him?" The Ridgeback took a moment to consider the idea, but agreed. He was desperate to have friends again. Friends who wouldn't die because of him or grow to resent him because of his curse.

Ketri left then returned with Orodinth a couple minutes later after informing him on the situation. "You ever been to Lightning territory?" Orodinth asked out of curiosity as he rummaged through his pockets. "No, why?" The Ridgeback replied, curious where this was going. "Lightning scientists are a clever bunch. Workers from other flights need protection from being electrocuted on the job, so it's common for them to wear rubber gloves to keep their arms protected. They're also frequently imported for doctors, especially in the Plaguelands because they're also a good measure against spreading disease, but more importantly, allowing them to more safely handle dangerous substances. I'm thinking they'll probably be able to contain your palm poison. Of course, you'd need to take them off periodically to wash your hands, as I'm assuming it will gradually build up under the gloves the longer you wear them." Normally, Orodinth would try to sell these gloves, but he had several pairs of varying sizes on hand, as back home in the Shifting Expanse, they were incredibly easy to find and he took pity on the Ridgeback. Years of solitude over something he couldn't control sounded miserable, so he was giving him the gloves as a gift.

As the Ridgeback put them on, he asked, "you're sure they'll work?" "They can withstand some of the most corrosive substances on Sornieth, odds are, they'll work for you."

The Ridgeback sat up, having put them on. He looked at his palms. They were totally covered and dry. He tentatively rubbed one hand along his neck. Normally, the poison would leave a slimy feeling trail, but to his absolute joy, it was completely dry. He excitedly thanked both of them and asked what brought them to the Rest. At the news that they were on a world tour adventure, he asked if he could join in. He was desperate to see more of Sornieth and to make friends. They informed him it shouldn't be a problem and all three left the crevice. Ketri and Orodinth brought Ydron up to speed and he welcomed the Ridgeback aboard, offering a handshake. Leaning on the side of caution, the Ridgeback politely declined. He then introduced himself to the rest of the group, letting them know his name was Xauj.

He spent the rest of the day getting to know everyone and when camp was set up for the night, he slept on the cave floor along with Vathu and Setku, being too big to fit into the tent with the rest of them.

RNG told me to get another Ridgeback, so that's what I did. Now that Xauj is here, the highest breed population in the group is Ridgebacks.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 23[/b] [item=shale] Roll 4: apparel: nesting As everyone progressed further into the Rest, Xauj had a suggestion. He knew the Rest, the whole Rest. He could guide them anywhere they wanted, from the strangest chambers within the cave system to the most well hidden and treasure filled tombs. He knew of other paths they could take to get where they wanted to go and more interesting than the main path they were sticking to. It took some convincing, but Ydron finally agreed to let Xauj take them to these other locations on the way. With Xauj leading the pack, he brought them to a large chamber that was pitch black at first until he pulled a lever hidden on the wall beside them. Flames gradually began to light the room as braziers on the edges of the room lit themselves. As the space began to illuminate, the wide array of gems nestled in the walls began to show. There were gems of every color along every inch of the walls. Everyone was mesmerized by them and Orodinth in particular was interested. He didn't know what they were, didn't know how valuable these gems were, but wanted to collect some to try and sell in other territories. Ketri joined in with him trying a get a few of every kind. Xauj figured they'd be there for a while, so went around looking for changes to the room. He had been here a few days ago, but never had a reason to collect the gems here. To his surprise, he found what at a glance looked like a pile of pebbles. Upon closer inspection, they were clearly three abandoned Earth eggs. He gathered them up and went to consult the others. Orodinth offered to care for them when they hatched, but didn't have room to carry them without leaving gems behind. Ketri however had room to take the eggs with him and did so, putting them into his vest pockets. Ydron set up camp in the gem-filled room a few hours later in the darkest part of the space with the braziers still lit. They weren't so bright as to keep anyone from sleeping. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] Ok, so, full disclosure, I actually rolled a 3, which corresponds with familiars. BUT, I misremembered my numbering this morning and thought 3 meant apparel. And I din't realize 3 meant familiar until after I got the nest set up. So, oops, too late now. Early morning me should no longer be trusted to interpret what Pinkerton gives me. But anyway, Ydron, Zamirth, and Setku were all off cooldown. RNG told me to use Ydron and Zamirth, so gameplay wise, they're on a nest right now. Lore wise, they found the eggs, just like Vathu did earlier. Also like that nest, because they were found while in Earth, they are Earth eggs in lore. Surviving hatchlings will be shown as scries with Earth eyes. I'm operating under the assumption that they will all survive (which is very unlikely). That would put the in lore hatchling to in lore adult ratio at 7:7, or 1:1. So, until it hatches and the survivors are determined, any apparel pulls will be treated as food... though I'm also considering changing it to a death streak without the coin flip to determine whether or not it actually happens. I'mma be honest. I'm having a hard time juggling all these characters and aren't as attached to them as I expected... because there's so many of them.[/center]
Day 23

Shale

Roll 4: apparel: nesting

As everyone progressed further into the Rest, Xauj had a suggestion. He knew the Rest, the whole Rest. He could guide them anywhere they wanted, from the strangest chambers within the cave system to the most well hidden and treasure filled tombs. He knew of other paths they could take to get where they wanted to go and more interesting than the main path they were sticking to.

It took some convincing, but Ydron finally agreed to let Xauj take them to these other locations on the way.

With Xauj leading the pack, he brought them to a large chamber that was pitch black at first until he pulled a lever hidden on the wall beside them. Flames gradually began to light the room as braziers on the edges of the room lit themselves. As the space began to illuminate, the wide array of gems nestled in the walls began to show. There were gems of every color along every inch of the walls.

Everyone was mesmerized by them and Orodinth in particular was interested. He didn't know what they were, didn't know how valuable these gems were, but wanted to collect some to try and sell in other territories. Ketri joined in with him trying a get a few of every kind.

Xauj figured they'd be there for a while, so went around looking for changes to the room. He had been here a few days ago, but never had a reason to collect the gems here. To his surprise, he found what at a glance looked like a pile of pebbles. Upon closer inspection, they were clearly three abandoned Earth eggs. He gathered them up and went to consult the others. Orodinth offered to care for them when they hatched, but didn't have room to carry them without leaving gems behind. Ketri however had room to take the eggs with him and did so, putting them into his vest pockets.

Ydron set up camp in the gem-filled room a few hours later in the darkest part of the space with the braziers still lit. They weren't so bright as to keep anyone from sleeping.

Ok, so, full disclosure, I actually rolled a 3, which corresponds with familiars. BUT, I misremembered my numbering this morning and thought 3 meant apparel. And I din't realize 3 meant familiar until after I got the nest set up. So, oops, too late now. Early morning me should no longer be trusted to interpret what Pinkerton gives me.

But anyway, Ydron, Zamirth, and Setku were all off cooldown. RNG told me to use Ydron and Zamirth, so gameplay wise, they're on a nest right now. Lore wise, they found the eggs, just like Vathu did earlier. Also like that nest, because they were found while in Earth, they are Earth eggs in lore. Surviving hatchlings will be shown as scries with Earth eyes.

I'm operating under the assumption that they will all survive (which is very unlikely). That would put the in lore hatchling to in lore adult ratio at 7:7, or 1:1. So, until it hatches and the survivors are determined, any apparel pulls will be treated as food... though I'm also considering changing it to a death streak without the coin flip to determine whether or not it actually happens. I'mma be honest. I'm having a hard time juggling all these characters and aren't as attached to them as I expected... because there's so many of them.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 24[/b] [item=wetland ghost] 30 battles With Xauj still leading the others through the Rest, he took a large piece of wood nestled in the gem-filled room they were coming from and lit it using flames from one of the braziers before he flipped another switch to put out the flames and left. He knew that room was little known, but those who did know about it and had reason to mine in there did so regularly and would leave spare torches in there. Xauj held the lit torch in his mouth as he led them along. He brought them to a dark room. No one except for Zam would've been able to see in there if he hadn't been holding the torch. It was a tomb well hidden in the confusing unlit tunnels. Setku quietly voiced some concern to Xauj about being in the tomb. He'd heard all his life that the tombs in the Cairnstone Rest were protected by ancient creatures that were very dangerous. Xauj assured him that he'd been through all kinds of tombs while living in the Rest and never had any trouble with them. The stories of the beasts were just that: stories made up to try and keep dragons from stealing the treasures inside. That wouldn't stop Orodinth and Ketri from searching around for valuables and collecting them to try and sell later. By the time they were done, they both were adorned in old but preserved jewelry. They soon left and set up camp later in a sparsely lit tunnel. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] I don't feel well today, didn't yesterday either, so not much writing. RNG chose Xauj (level 1), Vathu (level 6), and Orodinth (level 7). Average level=4.6=5: Woodland Path. [b]Notable drops:[/b] [item=autumn dryad][item=leafy pack]x3 Vathu has reached level 7 and Xauj has reached level 5. Today only further cemented how much I hate greenroot janustraps. One really knocked down Vathu's health, luckily the janustrap was going to die to bleed on its next turn and it was the last battle that needed to be fought. Since of this team, Orodinth is the only one without a familiar, he gets the dryad.[/center]
Day 24

Wetland Ghost

30 battles

With Xauj still leading the others through the Rest, he took a large piece of wood nestled in the gem-filled room they were coming from and lit it using flames from one of the braziers before he flipped another switch to put out the flames and left. He knew that room was little known, but those who did know about it and had reason to mine in there did so regularly and would leave spare torches in there. Xauj held the lit torch in his mouth as he led them along.

He brought them to a dark room. No one except for Zam would've been able to see in there if he hadn't been holding the torch. It was a tomb well hidden in the confusing unlit tunnels. Setku quietly voiced some concern to Xauj about being in the tomb. He'd heard all his life that the tombs in the Cairnstone Rest were protected by ancient creatures that were very dangerous. Xauj assured him that he'd been through all kinds of tombs while living in the Rest and never had any trouble with them. The stories of the beasts were just that: stories made up to try and keep dragons from stealing the treasures inside.

That wouldn't stop Orodinth and Ketri from searching around for valuables and collecting them to try and sell later. By the time they were done, they both were adorned in old but preserved jewelry. They soon left and set up camp later in a sparsely lit tunnel.

I don't feel well today, didn't yesterday either, so not much writing.

RNG chose Xauj (level 1), Vathu (level 6), and Orodinth (level 7). Average level=4.6=5: Woodland Path.

Notable drops:
Autumn Dryad Leafy Pack x3

Vathu has reached level 7 and Xauj has reached level 5. Today only further cemented how much I hate greenroot janustraps. One really knocked down Vathu's health, luckily the janustrap was going to die to bleed on its next turn and it was the last battle that needed to be fought. Since of this team, Orodinth is the only one without a familiar, he gets the dryad.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 25[/b] [item=broken bottle] I'm taking this as a day off. The writing that would be here for today will be in tomorrow's post.[/center]
Day 25

Broken Bottle

I'm taking this as a day off. The writing that would be here for today will be in tomorrow's post.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 26[/b] [item=birch twigs] Roll 2: trinket: art As they set out again the day following exploring the tomb, the ground began to shake. This was concerning and reason to get a move on. No one knew what was going on, but figured it was a good idea to leave. They were moving on quickly, but didn't feel the need to run until the shaking got worse and a loud screech rang out behind them. Ydron looked back to see a skull as large as the tunnel they were running through. There were glowing white orbs acting as pupils in its eye sockets. Not to mention it was rushing towards them, shaking the tunnel as it pursued them. "You said the stories about the monsters weren't true!" Ydron yelled towards Xauj, irritated as he started flying. "In all my years here, I've never seen one! I thought they were made up! I thought I'd been through every tunnel in the Rest! I found skeletons throughout the years but never that big and never alive!" Everyone hurried along with Xauj pushing his way to the front. "Here!" He called, pointing towards a small tunnel that most of them could fit through. Being too large to easily fit into it, Xauj, Setku, and Vathu kept running. The creature was gaining on them and no one was sure how to stop it or get away. Vathu would be the one to take action. She suddenly stopped running and turned to face it. She let out the loudest roar she could while mustering up what little of her magic she could. A blinding flash of light erupted from her throat as she lunged forward. It left the creature confused as she latched onto it, digging her claws into it and smacking her tail against it as hard as she could. The creature tried to regain its senses, but failed to and retreated. Xauj went about regrouping and led them to close to their final destination within the Rest. They would be using a ferry to reach Arcane territory in the morning. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Farcturisrising.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fbio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1e40c1592300454bd29046cab1b652b/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo2_500.png[/img][/url] The next morning, they continued Westward towards the shoreline. The tunnel opened up to a beach with a very small village. Ydron approached the building on stilts above the shallow water with an attached dock. An Imperial emerged from the building and started discussing with him. She welcomed the rest of the group over and introduced herself. Turns out she'd known Ydron's family for a while and was expecting him as he'd sent a courier to arrange and pay for a ferry ahead of time. She opened the door and called for another dragon to come out. A skydancer made their way outside and shook Ydron's hand, welcoming everyone aboard the docked boat. They explained that they would be driving the ship over to the nearest beach of the Crystalspine Reaches. Everyone boarded and they soon set sail, the Skydancer activating a propulsion system on the back of the boat powered by Lightning magic. The trip lasted a couple hours, but it was faster and more efficient than flying. Ydron had thought ahead with booking this ferry because he didn't particularly want to have to fly to the Reaches and at the time didn't know if all the dragons joining him would be able to fly that far or able to fly at all. Even if this was a cost, it was far more convenient. Once they reached the shore, they thanked the Skydancer and started up one of the peaks, seeking out a safe place to set up camp for the night. Once Ydron found a small cave, he set up the tent and everyone slept in it, Setku and Vathu sleeping beside it, but not Xauj. Xauj was lying at the mouth of the cave, sticking his head out. He could just barely see the outside of the Rest in the distance. It was a bittersweet sight. He'd lived there for so long. It was space he knew best, he was now in an unfamiliar environment. But at the same time, he was glad to have gotten to opportunity to leave. Xauj backed up a little and settled down to sleep. [url=https://arcturisrising.tumblr.com/tagged/bio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0e36c2b6a2bbabb399f3e986feeb2df9/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo1_500.png[/img][/url] I've been having art block and needed to get this stuff written, even if it's short. There's a lot going on for me right now, so just writing today. I'm going to have to back off a little on this for a few days because I know I'm going to be busy. I'll still be posting, but might have to hold off on writing, and no art for now.[/center]
Day 26

Birch Twigs

Roll 2: trinket: art

As they set out again the day following exploring the tomb, the ground began to shake. This was concerning and reason to get a move on. No one knew what was going on, but figured it was a good idea to leave.

They were moving on quickly, but didn't feel the need to run until the shaking got worse and a loud screech rang out behind them. Ydron looked back to see a skull as large as the tunnel they were running through. There were glowing white orbs acting as pupils in its eye sockets. Not to mention it was rushing towards them, shaking the tunnel as it pursued them. "You said the stories about the monsters weren't true!" Ydron yelled towards Xauj, irritated as he started flying.

"In all my years here, I've never seen one! I thought they were made up! I thought I'd been through every tunnel in the Rest! I found skeletons throughout the years but never that big and never alive!" Everyone hurried along with Xauj pushing his way to the front. "Here!" He called, pointing towards a small tunnel that most of them could fit through. Being too large to easily fit into it, Xauj, Setku, and Vathu kept running.

The creature was gaining on them and no one was sure how to stop it or get away. Vathu would be the one to take action. She suddenly stopped running and turned to face it. She let out the loudest roar she could while mustering up what little of her magic she could. A blinding flash of light erupted from her throat as she lunged forward. It left the creature confused as she latched onto it, digging her claws into it and smacking her tail against it as hard as she could.

The creature tried to regain its senses, but failed to and retreated.

Xauj went about regrouping and led them to close to their final destination within the Rest. They would be using a ferry to reach Arcane territory in the morning.

The next morning, they continued Westward towards the shoreline. The tunnel opened up to a beach with a very small village. Ydron approached the building on stilts above the shallow water with an attached dock. An Imperial emerged from the building and started discussing with him. She welcomed the rest of the group over and introduced herself. Turns out she'd known Ydron's family for a while and was expecting him as he'd sent a courier to arrange and pay for a ferry ahead of time.

She opened the door and called for another dragon to come out. A skydancer made their way outside and shook Ydron's hand, welcoming everyone aboard the docked boat. They explained that they would be driving the ship over to the nearest beach of the Crystalspine Reaches.

Everyone boarded and they soon set sail, the Skydancer activating a propulsion system on the back of the boat powered by Lightning magic. The trip lasted a couple hours, but it was faster and more efficient than flying. Ydron had thought ahead with booking this ferry because he didn't particularly want to have to fly to the Reaches and at the time didn't know if all the dragons joining him would be able to fly that far or able to fly at all. Even if this was a cost, it was far more convenient.

Once they reached the shore, they thanked the Skydancer and started up one of the peaks, seeking out a safe place to set up camp for the night.

Once Ydron found a small cave, he set up the tent and everyone slept in it, Setku and Vathu sleeping beside it, but not Xauj. Xauj was lying at the mouth of the cave, sticking his head out. He could just barely see the outside of the Rest in the distance. It was a bittersweet sight. He'd lived there for so long. It was space he knew best, he was now in an unfamiliar environment. But at the same time, he was glad to have gotten to opportunity to leave.

Xauj backed up a little and settled down to sleep.

tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo1_500.png

I've been having art block and needed to get this stuff written, even if it's short. There's a lot going on for me right now, so just writing today. I'm going to have to back off a little on this for a few days because I know I'm going to be busy. I'll still be posting, but might have to hold off on writing, and no art for now.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
1 2 3 4 5