Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] To the Ends of Sornieth
1 2 3 4 5
[center][size=7][b]To the Ends of Sornieth[/b][/size][/center] [center][size=5]A Pinkerlocke[/size][/center] [center]We begin with three tourists meeting their guide for a world tour. Adventure awaits our travelers, but so does danger. It's up to luck what Sornieth may throw at them, but hey, they all signed waivers, so it's sure to be fine. The challenge is underway! Comments, discussion, etc. are welcome here. Do be aware, there will be drama, violence, and death as this story progresses. [b]Formerly Abandoned in the Boneyard. That story begins [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39712437]here [/url]and ends [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39917674]here[/url].[/b][/center] [quote=Contents] [LIST=1] [*]Rules [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39711350]The dragons[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39712368]The graveyard[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39712400]Day directory[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39712437]Updates & Announcements[/url] [/LIST][/quote] [center]The Rules[/center] [center]Full rules [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162/1]here[/url][/center] The following have some small modifications from the rules above. If a dragon is defeated in the coliseum, they are dead and must be exalted. However, any dragons who die will be available for adoption for 24 hours following the post announcing their death. If adopted, they will still be considered dead in the canon of the challenge. If they are not adopted, they will be exalted. If I [i]really[/i] like a dragon and they die, they'll be integrated into Nowhere Asylum and remain dead in the canon of the challenge. What Pinkerton gives everyday determines what must be done with the in challenge dragons that day. For all randomized choices, I will be using [url=https://www.random.org/]random.org[/url]. Each category of possible items he can give dictates something different. [b]Food:[/b] [LIST] [*]I must randomly choose three dragons to fight in the coliseum. The average level across the team determines what venue to use. I can use healing potions, may return to main menu to heal between battles, and may flee from battle. How many battles must be fought is determined by the type of food. [LIST] [*]Plants: 10 battles [*]Insects: 20 battles [*]Seafood: 30 battles [*]Meat: 40 battles [/LIST] [/LIST] [b]Trinkets:[/b] [LIST] [*]I will do art to be posted here. These will likely be sketches of the currently living dragons, maybe in gijinka form, maybe not. If I really like how it turned out, I might do ink and color. Such updated pieces would likely be posted at a later date than the sketch. [/LIST] Note: I may also use trinkets as a day off depending on real life circumstances or burn out. [b]Familiars:[/b] [LIST] [*]I must buy a dragon on the AH of a specified breed and give the familiar to the dragon I buy. The breed is determined by RNG. The results from these rolls will indicate I must buy the following: [LIST] [*]1 = Bogsneak [*]2 = Coatl [*]3 = Fae [*]4 = Gaoler [*]5 = Guardian [*]6 = Imperial [*]7 = Mirror [*]8 = Nocturne [*]9 = Pearlcatcher [*]10 = Ridgeback [*]11 = Skydancer [*]12 = Snapper [*]13 = Spiral [*]14 = Tundra [*]15 = Wildclaw [/LIST] [/LIST] [LIST] [*]After the breed is chosen, I will go to the AH, set the maximum price to 20kt, randomize which page I will look on and select a dragon on that page. [/LIST] Note: If for whatever reason, my lair is totally full and I pull a familiar, I will keep note of that and will buy the needed dragon when I have room. Note 2: I will only be buying adults. [b]Apparel:[/b] [LIST] [*]I will randomly breed two compatible dragons. If I have no compatible dragons or all compatible dragons are on cooldown, I cannot breed them and thus will hatch an egg from my hoard. If I do not have any eggs in my hoard, I will buy a hatchling off the AH using the familiar rules. The adoptive parents will be my choice to determine based on my whims / the lore they already have. [*]When the nest hatches, I will "flip a coin" (Using RNG, 1 = heads, 2 = tails) for every hatchling. Heads means the hatchling lives and will grow up with the other dragons. Tails means it's dead and must be immediately named and exalted. [*]If a dragon on a nest dies, that will be noted and they will be kept until the nest hatches and then listed for adoption. [*]One of the chosen breeding dragons get the apparel, regardless of if it is possible to nest the pair. [*]I may also choose to give any dragon a gene or eye type. [/LIST] Note: If I don't have enough space to hatch the nest when it's ready, it will be noted and will be hatched when I have the space. Note 2: If any hatchlings have double or triple colors, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, Goat, or Primal, they are exempt from the coin flip and may be kept in the challenge, removed from the challenge and kept by me, or sold on the AH depending on my whims. Note 3: Because breeding is random, lineage does not necessarily indicate love, parentage, or the gender or sexuality of the dragons chosen. This is especially relevant if I start writing a relationship and the RNG pairs one in the relationship to a totally different dragon, or one or more of the chosen dragons is gay or asexual, or one or more of them happens to be a gender different than what their pose says, etc. etc. True parentage and adoptions will be specified when the dragons are nested and / or when the nest hatches. Most "bred" hatchlings will most likely be adopted and considered eggs that were found by the survivors. Note 4: All hatchlings age on a scale determined by their breed's cooldown. I have created an aging scale with 5 stages noted by human equivalent: toddler, young child, young teen, young adult, adult. For examples of how dragons age up, plentiful breeds reach the next stage every 3 days (15/5=3), and rare breeds reach the next stage every 7 days (35/5=7). Note 5: If the in lore hatchling to in lore adult ratio were to exceed 1:1, apparel pulls will be treated as food pulls. [b]Battle items:[/b] [LIST] [*]I must flip a coin. If tails, nothing happens. If heads, I must do the following: [LIST] [*]Randomly choose three dragons to fight in the coliseum. Venue is chosen the same way as with food rules. I must fight 10 battles. I may only heal the dragons using potions. I cannot flee. If a dragon dies, I must pause the battling to return to the main menu and remove the dead dragon from the team then return to fighting. [/LIST] [/LIST] [b]Materials:[/b] [LIST] [*]Totally different than the original rules. I'm probably going to end up writing anyway unless I pull a trinket. So, materials are wildcards. When I pull one, I must randomly select the effects of another item category: [LIST] [*]1 = food. Roll again for food type, 1 = plant, 2 = Insect, 3 = seafood, 4 = meat. [*]2 = trinket. [*]3 = familiar. [*]4 = apparel. [*]5 = battle item. [/LIST] [/LIST] [b]Extra:[/b] [LIST] [*]If a dragon reaches Level 25, they will remain within the challenge, but cannot be killed and will be removed from the RNG pool for food and battle item pulls. They will also be properly statted and receive an Eliminate. [*]If I get apparel or familiars while in the coliseum, the familiar or apparel piece will be given to one of the dragons who was fighting. [*]I can dress these dragons as much as I want. That includes skins and accents. [*]The starting point for each dragon bought as an adult's lore will be determined by [url=http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=16411]this generator[/url]. [*]FR canon may be ignored at my leisure. [*]While most events will be accompanied by writings, I may decide not to write for that day depending on real life circumstances, burn out, or writer's block. [*]If all the dragons die, I will restart with three new dragons from the AH. I may take the opportunity to take a break from the challenge if this happens. [*]It takes 5 days (IRL) to travel from one region to the next. Ex: It takes 5 days to journey from the outer edge of the Wandering Contagion to the outer edge of the Abiding Boneyard. This doesn't necessarily mean they will enter a new area every 5 posts, it means that they have to stay in one area for a minimum of 5. [*]Ydron cannot die and is exempt from all coliseum battles. He is the tour guide and hence crucial to story progression. [/LIST]
To the Ends of Sornieth
A Pinkerlocke
We begin with three tourists meeting their guide for a world tour. Adventure awaits our travelers, but so does danger. It's up to luck what Sornieth may throw at them, but hey, they all signed waivers, so it's sure to be fine.

The challenge is underway! Comments, discussion, etc. are welcome here.

Do be aware, there will be drama, violence, and death as this story progresses.

Formerly Abandoned in the Boneyard. That story begins here and ends here.
The Rules
Full rules here

The following have some small modifications from the rules above.

If a dragon is defeated in the coliseum, they are dead and must be exalted. However, any dragons who die will be available for adoption for 24 hours following the post announcing their death. If adopted, they will still be considered dead in the canon of the challenge. If they are not adopted, they will be exalted. If I really like a dragon and they die, they'll be integrated into Nowhere Asylum and remain dead in the canon of the challenge.

What Pinkerton gives everyday determines what must be done with the in challenge dragons that day.

For all randomized choices, I will be using random.org.

Each category of possible items he can give dictates something different.

Food:
  • I must randomly choose three dragons to fight in the coliseum. The average level across the team determines what venue to use. I can use healing potions, may return to main menu to heal between battles, and may flee from battle. How many battles must be fought is determined by the type of food.
    • Plants: 10 battles
    • Insects: 20 battles
    • Seafood: 30 battles
    • Meat: 40 battles

Trinkets:
  • I will do art to be posted here. These will likely be sketches of the currently living dragons, maybe in gijinka form, maybe not. If I really like how it turned out, I might do ink and color. Such updated pieces would likely be posted at a later date than the sketch.

Note: I may also use trinkets as a day off depending on real life circumstances or burn out.

Familiars:
  • I must buy a dragon on the AH of a specified breed and give the familiar to the dragon I buy. The breed is determined by RNG. The results from these rolls will indicate I must buy the following:
    • 1 = Bogsneak
    • 2 = Coatl
    • 3 = Fae
    • 4 = Gaoler
    • 5 = Guardian
    • 6 = Imperial
    • 7 = Mirror
    • 8 = Nocturne
    • 9 = Pearlcatcher
    • 10 = Ridgeback
    • 11 = Skydancer
    • 12 = Snapper
    • 13 = Spiral
    • 14 = Tundra
    • 15 = Wildclaw
  • After the breed is chosen, I will go to the AH, set the maximum price to 20kt, randomize which page I will look on and select a dragon on that page.

Note: If for whatever reason, my lair is totally full and I pull a familiar, I will keep note of that and will buy the needed dragon when I have room.

Note 2: I will only be buying adults.

Apparel:
  • I will randomly breed two compatible dragons. If I have no compatible dragons or all compatible dragons are on cooldown, I cannot breed them and thus will hatch an egg from my hoard. If I do not have any eggs in my hoard, I will buy a hatchling off the AH using the familiar rules. The adoptive parents will be my choice to determine based on my whims / the lore they already have.
  • When the nest hatches, I will "flip a coin" (Using RNG, 1 = heads, 2 = tails) for every hatchling. Heads means the hatchling lives and will grow up with the other dragons. Tails means it's dead and must be immediately named and exalted.
  • If a dragon on a nest dies, that will be noted and they will be kept until the nest hatches and then listed for adoption.
  • One of the chosen breeding dragons get the apparel, regardless of if it is possible to nest the pair.
  • I may also choose to give any dragon a gene or eye type.

Note: If I don't have enough space to hatch the nest when it's ready, it will be noted and will be hatched when I have the space.

Note 2: If any hatchlings have double or triple colors, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, Goat, or Primal, they are exempt from the coin flip and may be kept in the challenge, removed from the challenge and kept by me, or sold on the AH depending on my whims.

Note 3: Because breeding is random, lineage does not necessarily indicate love, parentage, or the gender or sexuality of the dragons chosen. This is especially relevant if I start writing a relationship and the RNG pairs one in the relationship to a totally different dragon, or one or more of the chosen dragons is gay or asexual, or one or more of them happens to be a gender different than what their pose says, etc. etc. True parentage and adoptions will be specified when the dragons are nested and / or when the nest hatches. Most "bred" hatchlings will most likely be adopted and considered eggs that were found by the survivors.

Note 4: All hatchlings age on a scale determined by their breed's cooldown. I have created an aging scale with 5 stages noted by human equivalent: toddler, young child, young teen, young adult, adult. For examples of how dragons age up, plentiful breeds reach the next stage every 3 days (15/5=3), and rare breeds reach the next stage every 7 days (35/5=7).

Note 5: If the in lore hatchling to in lore adult ratio were to exceed 1:1, apparel pulls will be treated as food pulls.

Battle items:
  • I must flip a coin. If tails, nothing happens. If heads, I must do the following:
    • Randomly choose three dragons to fight in the coliseum. Venue is chosen the same way as with food rules. I must fight 10 battles. I may only heal the dragons using potions. I cannot flee. If a dragon dies, I must pause the battling to return to the main menu and remove the dead dragon from the team then return to fighting.

Materials:
  • Totally different than the original rules. I'm probably going to end up writing anyway unless I pull a trinket. So, materials are wildcards. When I pull one, I must randomly select the effects of another item category:
    • 1 = food. Roll again for food type, 1 = plant, 2 = Insect, 3 = seafood, 4 = meat.
    • 2 = trinket.
    • 3 = familiar.
    • 4 = apparel.
    • 5 = battle item.

Extra:
  • If a dragon reaches Level 25, they will remain within the challenge, but cannot be killed and will be removed from the RNG pool for food and battle item pulls. They will also be properly statted and receive an Eliminate.
  • If I get apparel or familiars while in the coliseum, the familiar or apparel piece will be given to one of the dragons who was fighting.
  • I can dress these dragons as much as I want. That includes skins and accents.
  • The starting point for each dragon bought as an adult's lore will be determined by this generator.
  • FR canon may be ignored at my leisure.
  • While most events will be accompanied by writings, I may decide not to write for that day depending on real life circumstances, burn out, or writer's block.
  • If all the dragons die, I will restart with three new dragons from the AH. I may take the opportunity to take a break from the challenge if this happens.
  • It takes 5 days (IRL) to travel from one region to the next. Ex: It takes 5 days to journey from the outer edge of the Wandering Contagion to the outer edge of the Abiding Boneyard. This doesn't necessarily mean they will enter a new area every 5 posts, it means that they have to stay in one area for a minimum of 5.
  • Ydron cannot die and is exempt from all coliseum battles. He is the tour guide and hence crucial to story progression.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[center][size=7][b]The Travelers[/b][/size][/center] [center]It began with three dragons meeting their tour guide at the Pillar of the World. They were to follow him to the ends of Sornieth, travel through every territory, and learn about the world around them. These dragons came here seeking knowledge and adventure... what awaits them? Only time will tell.[/center] Current travelers: To see them in their lair, click [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/83146/1580331/1]here[/url]! [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53369643] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/533697/53369643_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Ydron [b]Occupation:[/b] Tour guide [item=scorchpaw prowler] [b]Familiar's name:[/b] Tyzu[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Ydron is very well versed in the geography of Sornieth. He has been to every territory of every flight and decided to found this tour to find adventure and share his knowledge with other dragons. He's energetic and enthusiastic about the journey. He seems a bit unconcerned with safety, but rest assured, he is confident that everything will be just fine.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53640210] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/536403/53640210_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Zamirth (Zam) [b]Occupation:[/b] None [item=clown charger] [b]Familiar's name:[/b] Vi[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Zamirth is still rather young and doesn't know what she wants to do with her life. In her clan, she was expected to choose a job upon growing to adulthood, but she just couldn't, so she met with the leader, who agreed to let her move out to find herself. So, Zamirth is on the tour to explore the world and find her destiny. She's still very nervous being out on her own for the first time.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52882551] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528826/52882551_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Orodinth [b]Occupation:[/b] Merchant[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Orodinth joined the tour to obtain new items and sell his wares. He's a bit more of a swindler than an honest merchant, trying to convince customers that what he has is much more valuable than it really is and hence get them to pay more than it's worth. He's also very willing to steal items he thinks he can sell for a large sum. He hates being turned down on a sale and will use some rather aggressive sales tactics once he gets someone's interest.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53463757] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534638/53463757_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Vathu [b]Occupation:[/b] Rogue [item=five-toed pilco] [b]Familiar's Name:[/b] Tagau[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Though Vathu was hatched in the Mirrorlight Promenade, she was moved to the city within the Pillar of the World before she could start forming memories. Her family has been embroiled in a blood feud for centuries and she wants nothing to do with it. Most of the family they're feuding with reside in this city, so she was moved there as soon as possible in hopes that she'd be able to do them a lot of harm, expecting that she'd grow up to be a big strong Ridgeback. Which they weren't necessarily wrong about, but that still doesn't make her want to mess with this family that her family apparently has beef with for reasons that she honestly doesn't understand. She's been looking for a good opportunity to leave the city and start a life that she can live for herself and not her grudge holding relatives.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53843445] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/538435/53843445_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Ketri [b]Occupation:[/b] None[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Ketri was found as an egg by Orodinth while exploring the city within the Pillar of the World. They're still newly hatched, so no one has gotten to know who they are yet, not even themself.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54097197] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/540972/54097197_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Oinrori (Rori) [b]Occupation:[/b] None[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Rori is one of those rare hatchlings who has a solid grasp on their powers right out of the egg. They were found floating aimlessly through a cave in a translucent and intangible state. Because of this, the group is unsure if Rori was actually abandoned or just floated away.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54059451] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/540595/54059451_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Zea [b]Occupation:[/b] None[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Because of Zea's pale feathers, they were abandoned at hatching. They were found by the group a couple days after they were kicked out of their nest. Zam took them in and started caring for them.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53899575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/538996/53899575_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Setku [b]Occupation:[/b] Fisher[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Setku is beginning to enter his elder years. His favorite kind of food is fish and it's made him a little picky. He doesn't like eating other types of food, but will if he absolutely needs to. He's been catching his own food and selling off excess for years and has quite a bit of skill in luring in fish so he can catch them. After a while living on the East coast of the Shattered Plain, he's decided to journey West towards the Sea of a Thousand Currents to retire. But upon encountering the tour group, decided to join in for one last big adventure in his life. He's a bubbly old fellow, able to find positives in almost anything. His beard fell out a couple of years ago for reasons he doesn't understand. In addition to adventure, he's searching for something that will make it grow back. He's also sensitive to dust and pollen, causing somewhat frequent nose and throat irritation, which he reacts to with a lot of coughing.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54182236][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=54&bodygene=25&breed=5&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=35&auth=4893b2f288e256d0d7e28928d5eaf91e10e58379&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Hexoi [b]Occupation:[/b] None[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Hexoi is the only surviving hatchling from the clutch of stolen Earth eggs found by Vathu. The other eggs never hatched and Vathu can't shake the feeling that she failed Hexoi and their siblings. She is determined to protect Hexoi at all costs.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54172604] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/541727/54172604_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Vaim [b]Occupation:[/b] None[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Vaim was found as a hatchling floating along in a stream in the Shattered Plain. Luckily, being of Water, they could breathe underwater and were just fine.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54171123][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54171123&skin=0&apparel=28788,9815,12190&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Xauj [b]Occupation:[/b] Nomad[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]As a hatchling, Xauj was cursed under mysterious circumstances and now his palms secrete a poison that is highly deadly to dragons, but he's immune to it. Despite his best efforts and those of his home clan, he can't make it stop. Anyone he touched or would grab his hands died within minutes. As he grew older, it was becoming clear there was nothing that could be done and he was banished. He eventually found himself hiding out all alone in the Cairnstone Rest. He's memorized all the tunnels, all the paths, is one of the few dragons familiar with the entire Rest, but for fear of accidentally poisoning someone, keeps to himself. When the tour group found him, Orodinth took pitty on him and gave him a pair of rubber gloves. To Xauj's joy, they block the poison and have allowed him to join the group on their adventure as he's found a new lease on life.[/center] Code for future dragons: [code] [columns][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b][/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center][/center] [/code]
The Travelers
It began with three dragons meeting their tour guide at the Pillar of the World. They were to follow him to the ends of Sornieth, travel through every territory, and learn about the world around them. These dragons came here seeking knowledge and adventure... what awaits them? Only time will tell.

Current travelers: To see them in their lair, click here!

53369643_350.png
Name: Ydron
Scorchpaw Prowler
Familiar's name: Tyzu
Lore:
Ydron is very well versed in the geography of Sornieth. He has been to every territory of every flight and decided to found this tour to find adventure and share his knowledge with other dragons. He's energetic and enthusiastic about the journey. He seems a bit unconcerned with safety, but rest assured, he is confident that everything will be just fine.

53640210_350.png
Name: Zamirth (Zam)
Clown Charger
Familiar's name: Vi
Lore:
Zamirth is still rather young and doesn't know what she wants to do with her life. In her clan, she was expected to choose a job upon growing to adulthood, but she just couldn't, so she met with the leader, who agreed to let her move out to find herself. So, Zamirth is on the tour to explore the world and find her destiny. She's still very nervous being out on her own for the first time.

52882551_350.png
Name: Orodinth
Lore:
Orodinth joined the tour to obtain new items and sell his wares. He's a bit more of a swindler than an honest merchant, trying to convince customers that what he has is much more valuable than it really is and hence get them to pay more than it's worth. He's also very willing to steal items he thinks he can sell for a large sum. He hates being turned down on a sale and will use some rather aggressive sales tactics once he gets someone's interest.

53463757_350.png
Name: Vathu
Five-toed Pilco
Familiar's Name: Tagau
Lore:
Though Vathu was hatched in the Mirrorlight Promenade, she was moved to the city within the Pillar of the World before she could start forming memories. Her family has been embroiled in a blood feud for centuries and she wants nothing to do with it. Most of the family they're feuding with reside in this city, so she was moved there as soon as possible in hopes that she'd be able to do them a lot of harm, expecting that she'd grow up to be a big strong Ridgeback. Which they weren't necessarily wrong about, but that still doesn't make her want to mess with this family that her family apparently has beef with for reasons that she honestly doesn't understand. She's been looking for a good opportunity to leave the city and start a life that she can live for herself and not her grudge holding relatives.

53843445_350.png
Name: Ketri
Lore:
Ketri was found as an egg by Orodinth while exploring the city within the Pillar of the World. They're still newly hatched, so no one has gotten to know who they are yet, not even themself.

54097197_350.png
Name: Oinrori (Rori)
Lore:
Rori is one of those rare hatchlings who has a solid grasp on their powers right out of the egg. They were found floating aimlessly through a cave in a translucent and intangible state. Because of this, the group is unsure if Rori was actually abandoned or just floated away.

54059451_350.png
Name: Zea
Lore:
Because of Zea's pale feathers, they were abandoned at hatching. They were found by the group a couple days after they were kicked out of their nest. Zam took them in and started caring for them.

53899575_350.png
Name: Setku
Lore:
Setku is beginning to enter his elder years. His favorite kind of food is fish and it's made him a little picky. He doesn't like eating other types of food, but will if he absolutely needs to. He's been catching his own food and selling off excess for years and has quite a bit of skill in luring in fish so he can catch them. After a while living on the East coast of the Shattered Plain, he's decided to journey West towards the Sea of a Thousand Currents to retire. But upon encountering the tour group, decided to join in for one last big adventure in his life. He's a bubbly old fellow, able to find positives in almost anything. His beard fell out a couple of years ago for reasons he doesn't understand. In addition to adventure, he's searching for something that will make it grow back. He's also sensitive to dust and pollen, causing somewhat frequent nose and throat irritation, which he reacts to with a lot of coughing.
dragon?age=1&body=54&bodygene=25&breed=5&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=35&auth=4893b2f288e256d0d7e28928d5eaf91e10e58379&dummyext=prev.png Name: Hexoi
Lore:
Hexoi is the only surviving hatchling from the clutch of stolen Earth eggs found by Vathu. The other eggs never hatched and Vathu can't shake the feeling that she failed Hexoi and their siblings. She is determined to protect Hexoi at all costs.
54172604_350.png Name: Vaim
Lore:
Vaim was found as a hatchling floating along in a stream in the Shattered Plain. Luckily, being of Water, they could breathe underwater and were just fine.
dragon?did=54171123&skin=0&apparel=28788,9815,12190&xt=dressing.png Name: Xauj
Lore:
As a hatchling, Xauj was cursed under mysterious circumstances and now his palms secrete a poison that is highly deadly to dragons, but he's immune to it. Despite his best efforts and those of his home clan, he can't make it stop. Anyone he touched or would grab his hands died within minutes. As he grew older, it was becoming clear there was nothing that could be done and he was banished. He eventually found himself hiding out all alone in the Cairnstone Rest. He's memorized all the tunnels, all the paths, is one of the few dragons familiar with the entire Rest, but for fear of accidentally poisoning someone, keeps to himself. When the tour group found him, Orodinth took pitty on him and gave him a pair of rubber gloves. To Xauj's joy, they block the poison and have allowed him to join the group on their adventure as he's found a new lease on life.

Code for future dragons:
Code:
[columns][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b][/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center][/center]
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][size=7][b]The Graveyard[/b][/size][/center] [center]Not everyone is a survivor. Everyone eventually faces death. Sadly, these dragons met their fates too soon. Here we keep records of their lives so that those who still survive can remember their fallen brethren.[/center] [center][b]To the Ends of Sornieth Tombs[/b][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53600284][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b9a407cb122dfc22471094db508c047c/tumblr_pvffkimTH41u8t21ho2_400.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Nightfall [b]Occupation:[/b] Bounty hunter [b]Joined:[/b] Day 1 [b]Died:[/b] Day 10[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Nightfall has accumulated many bounties in preparation for this tour. Her intent is to hunt her targets as she travels, send evidence via couriers, and make bank while she goes about her bounty hunting spree. She plans to retire in luxury after the tour. She always wears a necklace enchanted with Shadow magic that allows her to create illusions that change her appearance to other dragons. She is highly protective of it.[/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center]Fell into the Greatwyrm's Breach while trying to help rescue Theo and Taitu, but couldn't reach them in time and vanished into the darkness with them.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53507693][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/ae523d0495ee0da091de5cb2ad2953b3/tumblr_pvffkimTH41u8t21ho3_400.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Taitu [b]Occupation:[/b] Emperor (in exile) [b]Joined:[/b] Day 3 [b]Died:[/b] Day 10[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Taitu once ruled over an empire in the Starwood Strand. He came from a long line of royals who led this empire. He held power for a few years before facing a coup at the hands of his second in command. Taitu has considered returning to try and take back the throne, but has decided against it. It was clear to him that he wasn't as well liked as his parents had been and that most residents sided against him. So, he fled, eventually finding himself taking over a burrow carved out of the side of the Pillar of the World. He's been surviving on his own in there for a while, but will take almost any opportunity to join up with another group of dragons.[/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center]Fell into the Greatwyrm's Breach while trying to help rescue Theo, was injured during the rescue attempt and couldn't keep flying.[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53799968][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/50c06f881ab52e5bb1c5934217674d2b/tumblr_pvffkimTH41u8t21ho1_400.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Theotimus (Theo) [b]Occupation:[/b] None [b]Joined:[/b] Day 7 [b]Died:[/b] Day 10[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Theo is an orphaned hatchling who was found my Ydron and Zam while in the city within the Pillar of the World and taken in by the group. The circumstances that led to Theo being orphaned and in the city are unknown.[/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center]Fell into the Greatwyrm's Breach, but hadn't learned to fly yet.[/center] [center][b]Abandoned in the Boneyard Tombs[/b][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53178319][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4bb99594b5966dbd91b8cc90868feacb/tumblr_pv0rrehjLX1u8t21ho1_400.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Jabry [b]Occupation:[/b] Scavenger - Butler (Former) [b]Died:[/b] Day 8[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Jabry believes the deities are evil, though he used to keep that quiet. He used to be the butler or a rich and famous family in the Leviathan Trench. One day, they invited diplomats and priests from all over Sorneith for a gala. Jabry could not stand being around all these dragons closely connected to the deities, and killed one of the priests. He wasn't sneaky enough about it and was immediately caught and arrested.[/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center]Crushed by rogue Gaoler[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53178813][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1e6f2dff27a286db8b66bc1446fbdcec/tumblr_pv0rrehjLX1u8t21ho3_400.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Xeto [b]Occupation:[/b] Hunter and chef - Soldier (Former) [b]Died:[/b] Day 8[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Xeto was a well respected warrior in a mighty clan in the Shrieking Wilds. All was well until she discovered some dark secrets of the clan and betrayed them. The Gaolers there declared her Shade touched after that and locked her away. She is well aware that it was only because of her speaking out.[/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center]Suffocated by a rogue Gaoler using Wind magic[/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53180345][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/db3b86621aab67aa2b4e3b6f9c3cb42e/tumblr_pv0rrehjLX1u8t21ho2_400.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] Lautmae [b]Occupation:[/b] Leader - Diplomat (Former) [b]Died:[/b] Day 8[/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center]Lautmae was a diplomat hatched in the Hewn City living with a clan in the Foxfire Bramble. He knows no fear, never has, and it was his downfall. He was declared Shade touched following a wildfire and burned through most of the clan territory and killed a few dragons. Everyone else was fleeing, but Lautmae didn't and survived. However, this was seen as a sign of complacency and being Shade touched. This also made some suspect he had something to do with the raging fire. He was imprisoned on these suspicions.[/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center]Crushed by a rogue Gaoler[/center] Code for tombstones: [code] [columns][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b] [b]Joined:[/b] [b]Died:[/b][/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center][/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center][/center] [/code]
The Graveyard
Not everyone is a survivor. Everyone eventually faces death. Sadly, these dragons met their fates too soon. Here we keep records of their lives so that those who still survive can remember their fallen brethren.
To the Ends of Sornieth Tombs
tumblr_pvffkimTH41u8t21ho2_400.png Name: Nightfall
Died: Day 10
Lore:
Nightfall has accumulated many bounties in preparation for this tour. Her intent is to hunt her targets as she travels, send evidence via couriers, and make bank while she goes about her bounty hunting spree. She plans to retire in luxury after the tour. She always wears a necklace enchanted with Shadow magic that allows her to create illusions that change her appearance to other dragons. She is highly protective of it.
Death:
Fell into the Greatwyrm's Breach while trying to help rescue Theo and Taitu, but couldn't reach them in time and vanished into the darkness with them.
tumblr_pvffkimTH41u8t21ho3_400.png Name: Taitu
Lore:
Taitu once ruled over an empire in the Starwood Strand. He came from a long line of royals who led this empire. He held power for a few years before facing a coup at the hands of his second in command. Taitu has considered returning to try and take back the throne, but has decided against it. It was clear to him that he wasn't as well liked as his parents had been and that most residents sided against him. So, he fled, eventually finding himself taking over a burrow carved out of the side of the Pillar of the World. He's been surviving on his own in there for a while, but will take almost any opportunity to join up with another group of dragons.
Death:
Fell into the Greatwyrm's Breach while trying to help rescue Theo, was injured during the rescue attempt and couldn't keep flying.
tumblr_pvffkimTH41u8t21ho1_400.png Name: Theotimus (Theo)
Lore:
Theo is an orphaned hatchling who was found my Ydron and Zam while in the city within the Pillar of the World and taken in by the group. The circumstances that led to Theo being orphaned and in the city are unknown.
Death:
Fell into the Greatwyrm's Breach, but hadn't learned to fly yet.
Abandoned in the Boneyard Tombs
tumblr_pv0rrehjLX1u8t21ho1_400.png Name: Jabry
Died: Day 8
Lore:
Jabry believes the deities are evil, though he used to keep that quiet. He used to be the butler or a rich and famous family in the Leviathan Trench. One day, they invited diplomats and priests from all over Sorneith for a gala. Jabry could not stand being around all these dragons closely connected to the deities, and killed one of the priests. He wasn't sneaky enough about it and was immediately caught and arrested.
Death:
Crushed by rogue Gaoler
tumblr_pv0rrehjLX1u8t21ho3_400.png Name: Xeto
Lore:
Xeto was a well respected warrior in a mighty clan in the Shrieking Wilds. All was well until she discovered some dark secrets of the clan and betrayed them. The Gaolers there declared her Shade touched after that and locked her away. She is well aware that it was only because of her speaking out.
Death:
Suffocated by a rogue Gaoler using Wind magic
tumblr_pv0rrehjLX1u8t21ho2_400.png Name: Lautmae
Lore:
Lautmae was a diplomat hatched in the Hewn City living with a clan in the Foxfire Bramble. He knows no fear, never has, and it was his downfall. He was declared Shade touched following a wildfire and burned through most of the clan territory and killed a few dragons. Everyone else was fleeing, but Lautmae didn't and survived. However, this was seen as a sign of complacency and being Shade touched. This also made some suspect he had something to do with the raging fire. He was imprisoned on these suspicions.
Death:
Crushed by a rogue Gaoler

Code for tombstones:
Code:
[columns][nextcol][b]Name:[/b] [b]Occupation:[/b] [b]Joined:[/b] [b]Died:[/b][/columns] [center][b]Lore:[/b][/center] [center][/center] [center][b]Death:[/b][/center] [center][/center]
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][size=7][b]Directory[/b][/size][/center] [center]Here you can find links to every day of the challenge.[/center] If anyone wants to be on a pinglist for updates, let me know, I'll put them here: [quote=Abandoned in the Boneyard] [LIST] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39712713]Day 1: Intro[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39721717]Day 2: The first signs of danger[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/1#post_39736298]Day 3: Slow recovery[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615#post_39745262]Day 4: We're not alone[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39760970]Day 5: Into the wild[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39774683]Day 6: They really are gone[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39786056]Day 7: No leadership needed[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39917674]Day 8: End[/url] [/LIST][/quote] [quote=to the Ends of Sornieth] [LIST] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39932238]Day 1: Intro[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39940026]Day 2: The rundown[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39941862]Day 3: Taitu[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39950118]Day 4: The first night on the road[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39953628]Day 5: The Cavern of the World[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/3#post_39969115]Day 6: Vathu and Ketri[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/3#post_39972170]Day 7: Theotimus[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/3#post_39972170]Day 8: Ketri's pearl[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/3#post_40011080]Day 9: No lore, resolving a battle item.[/url] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/3#post_40019182]Day 10: The deadly crumbling of the Greatwyrm's Breach[/url] [/LIST] [/quote]
Directory
Here you can find links to every day of the challenge.

If anyone wants to be on a pinglist for updates, let me know, I'll put them here:
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][size=7][b]Updates & Announcements[/b][/size][/center] [center]This is a place for any major updates and announcements. There are bound to be some eventually.[/center] [quote=important] 7/12/2019 - I will be unable to keep this updated for a while. Returning 7/21/2019. Until then, Pinkerton pulls will still be tracked and kept [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39786092]here [/url]to be worked through in order when I have time. 7/21/2019 - Everyone died, so the challenge is being restarted with a new story. The Abandoned in the Boneyard posts will remain and all dragons from that story will have their own section in the Graveyard. The thread will be altered to continue under a new title and with a new story. All posts after [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2716615/2#post_39917674]this one[/url] will be about the new story: To the Ends of Sornieth.[/quote] [quote= miscellaneous] 7/7/2019 - changed materials rules. Instead of lore, they are now wildcards. 7/24/2019 - minor rule change. Venue level is now based on the average level between the team, not the highest level among them. 8/2/2019 - Added clarification about how hatchlings age in lore. 8/6/2019 - Added new rule to apparel section: If the in lore hatchling to in lore adult ratio were to exceed 1:1, apparel pulls will be treated as food pulls. 8/9/2019 - Changed the time it takes to travel between locations from 7 days to 5 days.[/quote]
Updates & Announcements
This is a place for any major updates and announcements. There are bound to be some eventually.
important wrote:
7/12/2019 - I will be unable to keep this updated for a while. Returning 7/21/2019. Until then, Pinkerton pulls will still be tracked and kept here to be worked through in order when I have time.

7/21/2019 - Everyone died, so the challenge is being restarted with a new story. The Abandoned in the Boneyard posts will remain and all dragons from that story will have their own section in the Graveyard. The thread will be altered to continue under a new title and with a new story. All posts after this one will be about the new story: To the Ends of Sornieth.
miscellaneous wrote:
7/7/2019 - changed materials rules. Instead of lore, they are now wildcards.
7/24/2019 - minor rule change. Venue level is now based on the average level between the team, not the highest level among them.
8/2/2019 - Added clarification about how hatchlings age in lore.
8/6/2019 - Added new rule to apparel section: If the in lore hatchling to in lore adult ratio were to exceed 1:1, apparel pulls will be treated as food pulls.
8/9/2019 - Changed the time it takes to travel between locations from 7 days to 5 days.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
Extra reserve in case I need it in the future. Feel free to post comments, discussion, whatever you want!
Extra reserve in case I need it in the future. Feel free to post comments, discussion, whatever you want!
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][size=5][b]Day 1[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=cedar logs][/center] [center]Lore day![/center] [center][size=5][b]How did we get here?[/b][/size][/center] [center]This group of dragons all come from different places, but all find themselves together for things they've done. They were all dumped in the Boneyard for a reason. All over Sorneith, prisons have been overflowing thanks to the Gaolers coming out of hiding and spreading across the world. Their supposed Shade detection has led to a great spike in arrests everywhere, though many dragons are suspicious of this. Regardless, the dragons who where left here and made this camp were all once held at the paws of Gaolers. Some truly did commit crimes, others not so much. With the prison populations rising, Gaolers from all across Sorneith met in the Icefield to discuss what to do about it. After a [i]lot [/i]of deliberation, they decided on an experiment. They would dump weak prisoners in a harsh environment with the expectation that they wouldn't survive. And even if they did, the ones chosen had already been determined to be minimal threats to dragonkind. This experiment began with three dragons from different territories: Jabry, Xeto, and Lautmae. All of these prisoners had shown to be obedient and weakened to the point of being no stronger than most dragons of their breeds. They were escorted deep into the Abiding Boneyard and left to fend for themselves. It was expected they would try to work together to survive, but it was also expected that they wouldn't make it for very long. Most dragons perish in the Boneyard, especially outsiders, and none of them were of Plague. Small groups rarely fared well either. When they were dumped, they were led to believe they were truly alone, though a couple Gaolers stayed behind and kept their distance to monitor the beginnings of the experiment. When they first met, the three did not know what to do with themselves. However, a leader quickly emerged. Lautmae took charge as he was fearless and convinced the other two that would make him the perfect leader. Jabry became the main scavenger, searching the area for supplies and plants to eat. Xeto, once being a warrior and being significantly larger than the other two, and also having a passion for cooking, became the hunter and chef. The structures of their camp are still coming together as materials are scarce, but so far, things have been faring well. However, everyone knows the Boneyard is harsh and dangerous. It's only a matter of time before things start to go wrong...[/center]
Day 1
Cedar Logs
Lore day!
How did we get here?
This group of dragons all come from different places, but all find themselves together for things they've done. They were all dumped in the Boneyard for a reason.

All over Sorneith, prisons have been overflowing thanks to the Gaolers coming out of hiding and spreading across the world. Their supposed Shade detection has led to a great spike in arrests everywhere, though many dragons are suspicious of this.

Regardless, the dragons who where left here and made this camp were all once held at the paws of Gaolers. Some truly did commit crimes, others not so much.

With the prison populations rising, Gaolers from all across Sorneith met in the Icefield to discuss what to do about it. After a lot of deliberation, they decided on an experiment. They would dump weak prisoners in a harsh environment with the expectation that they wouldn't survive. And even if they did, the ones chosen had already been determined to be minimal threats to dragonkind.

This experiment began with three dragons from different territories: Jabry, Xeto, and Lautmae. All of these prisoners had shown to be obedient and weakened to the point of being no stronger than most dragons of their breeds.

They were escorted deep into the Abiding Boneyard and left to fend for themselves. It was expected they would try to work together to survive, but it was also expected that they wouldn't make it for very long. Most dragons perish in the Boneyard, especially outsiders, and none of them were of Plague. Small groups rarely fared well either.

When they were dumped, they were led to believe they were truly alone, though a couple Gaolers stayed behind and kept their distance to monitor the beginnings of the experiment.

When they first met, the three did not know what to do with themselves. However, a leader quickly emerged. Lautmae took charge as he was fearless and convinced the other two that would make him the perfect leader. Jabry became the main scavenger, searching the area for supplies and plants to eat. Xeto, once being a warrior and being significantly larger than the other two, and also having a passion for cooking, became the hunter and chef.

The structures of their camp are still coming together as materials are scarce, but so far, things have been faring well. However, everyone knows the Boneyard is harsh and dangerous. It's only a matter of time before things start to go wrong...
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][size=5][b]Day 2[/b][/size][/center] [center][item=pallas cat][/center] [center]40 battles[/center] [center]Ahead: Injury.[/center] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=17&gender=0&age=1&bodygene=39&body=11&winggene=32&wings=85&tertgene=31&tert=160&element=3&eyetype=5][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=160&tertgene=31&winggene=32&wings=85&auth=1ccfcff2a0755e6da3329f12f8c159a7fdd63501&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Ennachi[/columns] [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=17&gender=1&age=1&bodygene=32&body=20&winggene=33&wings=7&tertgene=27&tert=57&element=11&eyetype=0][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=20&bodygene=32&breed=17&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=57&tertgene=27&winggene=33&wings=7&auth=3dbf465997253d58796c5dcb6462802b2ed2b6e0&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Koh[/columns] [center]"I don't think this was a good idea." Ennachi muttered, perching on a big rock far enough away for the survivors to not notice. He tracked them by their distinctive scents and would investigate the campsite when they were asleep. Things were going well for them. Too well. The purpose of putting them out here was so they'd either kill each other or fall victim to the Wasteland. They were surviving... getting along... Ennachi thought it would've been better to keep them imprisoned in their home territories. At least there they didn't have the opportunity to make themselves stronger. Koh had been resting beside the rock, taking a break from monitoring the survivors. She huffed at the comment and glanced up at Ennachi, frustratedly sweeping her tail over the fleshy feeling ground beneath her. "We have orders, Ennachi. The Gaolers at the Warden conference thought long and hard about this. It's a global problem. We don't have the physical space to house these Shade infected dragons. Those over the hill that we're watching are considered minimal threats. I won't deny they had a good start, but I doubt they'll keep it up. They will waste away, the experiment will be a success and this will become standard procedure for low level threats." She shifted to look up at him. "You want to be part of revolutionizing how we handle the Shade, don't you?" Ennachi glanced towards Koh, his ears briefly flicking back as he settled to lie on the rock. He didn't answer her question. "You're much more optimistic this will work. It goes against our mission... but if I leave my post, I'm only further endangering anyone they might encounter." He scowled, wanting to cease this madness. The Shade was to be contained, not set free. Even if that freedom was supposed to eliminate the threat. In his mind, it was too risky. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=outbound&loc=https://arcturisrising.tumblr.com/tagged/bio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/177a8d92ac53edf216c71172e4437507/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo8_500.png[/img][/url][/center] Meanwhile at the campsite, Xeto was alone, tending to the fire. She was preparing to cook the fish and plants they'd found earlier in the day. It would be enough for dinner, albeit a small dinner, but they needed more food. They hadn't been finding enough food to properly keep her fed. She had the energy to cook, but not enough to go out and hunt. So, Lautmae and Jabry agreed to go find as much food as they could while she prepared what they'd stored. Lautmae and Jabry had managed to catch a few bugs and picked some mushrooms they recognized to not be poisonous. They'd made sure to keep walking in a consistent direction as to not lose track of camp. They were unfamiliar with the wildlife of the Wasteland and didn't know what they could encounter. "It's hot out here. The Trench was cool. This is too much. How does anyone willingly live here?" Jabry complained, fluffing out his feathers and flapping his wings a little to try and cool himself. Lautmae raised an eyebrow at this. Everyone had their complaints, though he hadn't been expecting this. Still, he agreed. "I get that. The Foxfire Bramble rarely was very hot. But here it's always warm when it isn't night... there actually is day here... but regardless, complaining about the heat isn't going to help cool you down." They kept walking and looking around, Jabry still trying to cool off just a little. He wasn't paying as much attention to their surroundings as Lautmae was. "Hey, Jabry?" "Yeah?" Jabry stopped, looking towards Lautmae. "Do you feel the ground moving too?" Lautmae's voice was even and unconcerned, but curious. Jabry stopped for a few seconds and gasped when he felt something move under his talons. Without a word, he started bolting back towards camp. Lautmae watched him, wondering why he ran. Suddenly, the head of a shattered serpent popped up in front of Lautmae, hissing as it glared at him. He just tilted his head at the creature, calmly analyzing the likely danger level of it. As more started to show themselves, it did indeed seem less safe. Jabry glanced back to find several serpents chasing him and trying to strike at his tail, as well as Lautmae just standing there, surrounded by them. "RUN IDIOT, RUN!" Jabry screamed, picking up the pace as he sprinted away. Lautmae was still unafraid as he jumped up and glided back towards the ground far away enough to have a good chance at running away. However Jabry was absolutely terrified. The serpents were gaining on him and far too close for comfort. He tried to take to the air, but one of them struck and clamped down on the end of his tail. He was startled by this and between that and the serpent pulling him down, he fell to the ground and started wildly flailing, desperately trying to get away as the serpents surrounded him. It refused to let go. "LAUTMAE, HELP!" He yelled, not knowing where Lautmae was, but praying to... the forces of the universe that he was nearby. Luckily, he was and Lautmae pounced on Jabry, just trying to force away the serpents so he could stand. Though Lautmae remained calm, he was still disoriented and wasn't sure how well he was doing. However, he was doing well enough for Jabry to struggle away and start running again, taking flight as soon as possible. Lautmae whipped the serpents with his strong tail as he started running again, then joining Jabry in the air. As they neared the camp, they called out to Xeto, who looked up and then froze in shock at her only friends(?) being chased down by a pack of shattered serpents. She charged forward, overpowering the serpents with her sheer size, crushing them under her paws and thrashing around, letting out a chilling roar to try and scare away any surviving ones. Which worked. After they'd retreated, she gathered up the dead ones to cook, knowing that they weren't venomous, but when alive were nonetheless deadly as they lived in large groups and tried to overpower their prey using sheer numbers. Lautmae was panting, but uninjured. Jabry however wasn't doing as well... Jabry laid by the fire, breathing heavily as he kept his left eye closed. He gently touched near his eye with one hand. His breaths became more labored as he pulled his hand away to find a lot more blood than he'd expected. He tried to open his eye, but everything was severely blurred and incomprehensible. If his other eye wasn't intact, he wouldn't have been able to tell where he was. He inched away from the fire, curling up and groaning in pain. He didn't know if his left eye would recover, or even if the rest of the wound would. He was in the Wasteland. It was crawling with diseases. Any broken skin is just begging to be infected with something. But still, he did his best to persevere, putting all his focus on using his magic to hold back the blood trying to escape the gash trailing across his eye and towards his beak. "Xeto, do you happen to uhhh, have knowledge of healing?" Lautmae asked, standing by Jabry, not knowing how to help him. Xeto just shook her head. "You?" She asked. "No." Lautmae replied. "Here," Xeto started, stepping forward and pushing the dead serpents towards him, giving simple instructions about how to cook them to Lautmae before gently pushing Jabry further away and lying beside him with one arm around him. She observed him closely, not knowing what exactly she should do to help him. She ripped a piece off of her tattered cloak and wrapped it around his head, then kept holding and comforting him until he fell asleep. When she was sure he was sleeping, she turned to look at Lautmae, a mix of concern and intrigue in her face. "Before I put the bandage on, I noticed he wasn't bleeding. Now that he's sleeping, I can see it pooling under the fabric... he can control blood." She kept her voice quiet. Lautmae glanced back from his cooking and quietly replied. "Some Water dragons can do that, but it's a hard skill to learn and even rarer to hatch with the ability to do. We can ask about it when he's feeling better." "[i]If [/i]he feels better." Xeto corrected him. "Back when I worked as a soldier, we often fought Plague invaders. We're lucky to still be well. Now that he has an open wound, the odds are not in his favor." Xeto lowered her head, collapsing her head fins as she held Jabry protectively. A few minutes later, Lautmae offered her her share of dinner, but she'd lost her apatite. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=outbound&loc=https://arcturisrising.tumblr.com/tagged/bio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/177a8d92ac53edf216c71172e4437507/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo8_500.png[/img][/url][/center] Koh chuckled and nudged Ennachi. They'd heard the screaming and could smell blood. "See?" She asked, "I told you they wouldn't make it out here for very long." [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=outbound&loc=https://arcturisrising.tumblr.com/tagged/bio-banner][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/177a8d92ac53edf216c71172e4437507/tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo8_500.png[/img][/url][/center] The two Gaolers are scries. They are NPCs who are the two Gaolers left to monitor the survivors. I was hoping I wouldn't pull food or a battle item so soon. But here we are... on day two... oh boy. Everyone fights because there are only three survivors right now. They're all level 1, so we're going to the Training Fields. Notable loot: [item=leafy pack]x2[item=minor health potion][item=broken flower pot] 40 battles later, everyone lives and is at level 4. Jabry almost died at one point though. Too close for comfort.[/center]
Day 2
Pallas Cat
40 battles
Ahead: Injury.
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=160&tertgene=31&winggene=32&wings=85&auth=1ccfcff2a0755e6da3329f12f8c159a7fdd63501&dummyext=prev.png Ennachi
dragon?age=1&body=20&bodygene=32&breed=17&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=57&tertgene=27&winggene=33&wings=7&auth=3dbf465997253d58796c5dcb6462802b2ed2b6e0&dummyext=prev.png Koh
"I don't think this was a good idea." Ennachi muttered, perching on a big rock far enough away for the survivors to not notice. He tracked them by their distinctive scents and would investigate the campsite when they were asleep. Things were going well for them. Too well. The purpose of putting them out here was so they'd either kill each other or fall victim to the Wasteland. They were surviving... getting along... Ennachi thought it would've been better to keep them imprisoned in their home territories. At least there they didn't have the opportunity to make themselves stronger.

Koh had been resting beside the rock, taking a break from monitoring the survivors. She huffed at the comment and glanced up at Ennachi, frustratedly sweeping her tail over the fleshy feeling ground beneath her. "We have orders, Ennachi. The Gaolers at the Warden conference thought long and hard about this. It's a global problem. We don't have the physical space to house these Shade infected dragons. Those over the hill that we're watching are considered minimal threats. I won't deny they had a good start, but I doubt they'll keep it up. They will waste away, the experiment will be a success and this will become standard procedure for low level threats." She shifted to look up at him. "You want to be part of revolutionizing how we handle the Shade, don't you?"

Ennachi glanced towards Koh, his ears briefly flicking back as he settled to lie on the rock. He didn't answer her question. "You're much more optimistic this will work. It goes against our mission... but if I leave my post, I'm only further endangering anyone they might encounter." He scowled, wanting to cease this madness. The Shade was to be contained, not set free. Even if that freedom was supposed to eliminate the threat. In his mind, it was too risky.
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo8_500.png

Meanwhile at the campsite, Xeto was alone, tending to the fire. She was preparing to cook the fish and plants they'd found earlier in the day. It would be enough for dinner, albeit a small dinner, but they needed more food. They hadn't been finding enough food to properly keep her fed. She had the energy to cook, but not enough to go out and hunt. So, Lautmae and Jabry agreed to go find as much food as they could while she prepared what they'd stored.

Lautmae and Jabry had managed to catch a few bugs and picked some mushrooms they recognized to not be poisonous. They'd made sure to keep walking in a consistent direction as to not lose track of camp. They were unfamiliar with the wildlife of the Wasteland and didn't know what they could encounter.

"It's hot out here. The Trench was cool. This is too much. How does anyone willingly live here?" Jabry complained, fluffing out his feathers and flapping his wings a little to try and cool himself.

Lautmae raised an eyebrow at this. Everyone had their complaints, though he hadn't been expecting this. Still, he agreed. "I get that. The Foxfire Bramble rarely was very hot. But here it's always warm when it isn't night... there actually is day here... but regardless, complaining about the heat isn't going to help cool you down."

They kept walking and looking around, Jabry still trying to cool off just a little. He wasn't paying as much attention to their surroundings as Lautmae was.

"Hey, Jabry?"

"Yeah?" Jabry stopped, looking towards Lautmae.

"Do you feel the ground moving too?" Lautmae's voice was even and unconcerned, but curious.

Jabry stopped for a few seconds and gasped when he felt something move under his talons. Without a word, he started bolting back towards camp.

Lautmae watched him, wondering why he ran. Suddenly, the head of a shattered serpent popped up in front of Lautmae, hissing as it glared at him. He just tilted his head at the creature, calmly analyzing the likely danger level of it. As more started to show themselves, it did indeed seem less safe.

Jabry glanced back to find several serpents chasing him and trying to strike at his tail, as well as Lautmae just standing there, surrounded by them. "RUN IDIOT, RUN!" Jabry screamed, picking up the pace as he sprinted away.

Lautmae was still unafraid as he jumped up and glided back towards the ground far away enough to have a good chance at running away.

However Jabry was absolutely terrified. The serpents were gaining on him and far too close for comfort. He tried to take to the air, but one of them struck and clamped down on the end of his tail. He was startled by this and between that and the serpent pulling him down, he fell to the ground and started wildly flailing, desperately trying to get away as the serpents surrounded him. It refused to let go. "LAUTMAE, HELP!" He yelled, not knowing where Lautmae was, but praying to... the forces of the universe that he was nearby.

Luckily, he was and Lautmae pounced on Jabry, just trying to force away the serpents so he could stand. Though Lautmae remained calm, he was still disoriented and wasn't sure how well he was doing. However, he was doing well enough for Jabry to struggle away and start running again, taking flight as soon as possible. Lautmae whipped the serpents with his strong tail as he started running again, then joining Jabry in the air.

As they neared the camp, they called out to Xeto, who looked up and then froze in shock at her only friends(?) being chased down by a pack of shattered serpents.

She charged forward, overpowering the serpents with her sheer size, crushing them under her paws and thrashing around, letting out a chilling roar to try and scare away any surviving ones. Which worked.

After they'd retreated, she gathered up the dead ones to cook, knowing that they weren't venomous, but when alive were nonetheless deadly as they lived in large groups and tried to overpower their prey using sheer numbers.

Lautmae was panting, but uninjured. Jabry however wasn't doing as well...

Jabry laid by the fire, breathing heavily as he kept his left eye closed. He gently touched near his eye with one hand. His breaths became more labored as he pulled his hand away to find a lot more blood than he'd expected. He tried to open his eye, but everything was severely blurred and incomprehensible. If his other eye wasn't intact, he wouldn't have been able to tell where he was. He inched away from the fire, curling up and groaning in pain. He didn't know if his left eye would recover, or even if the rest of the wound would. He was in the Wasteland. It was crawling with diseases. Any broken skin is just begging to be infected with something. But still, he did his best to persevere, putting all his focus on using his magic to hold back the blood trying to escape the gash trailing across his eye and towards his beak.

"Xeto, do you happen to uhhh, have knowledge of healing?" Lautmae asked, standing by Jabry, not knowing how to help him. Xeto just shook her head. "You?" She asked. "No." Lautmae replied.

"Here," Xeto started, stepping forward and pushing the dead serpents towards him, giving simple instructions about how to cook them to Lautmae before gently pushing Jabry further away and lying beside him with one arm around him. She observed him closely, not knowing what exactly she should do to help him. She ripped a piece off of her tattered cloak and wrapped it around his head, then kept holding and comforting him until he fell asleep.

When she was sure he was sleeping, she turned to look at Lautmae, a mix of concern and intrigue in her face. "Before I put the bandage on, I noticed he wasn't bleeding. Now that he's sleeping, I can see it pooling under the fabric... he can control blood." She kept her voice quiet.

Lautmae glanced back from his cooking and quietly replied. "Some Water dragons can do that, but it's a hard skill to learn and even rarer to hatch with the ability to do. We can ask about it when he's feeling better."

"If he feels better." Xeto corrected him. "Back when I worked as a soldier, we often fought Plague invaders. We're lucky to still be well. Now that he has an open wound, the odds are not in his favor." Xeto lowered her head, collapsing her head fins as she held Jabry protectively.

A few minutes later, Lautmae offered her her share of dinner, but she'd lost her apatite.

Koh chuckled and nudged Ennachi. They'd heard the screaming and could smell blood. "See?" She asked, "I told you they wouldn't make it out here for very long."

The two Gaolers are scries. They are NPCs who are the two Gaolers left to monitor the survivors.

I was hoping I wouldn't pull food or a battle item so soon. But here we are... on day two... oh boy. Everyone fights because there are only three survivors right now. They're all level 1, so we're going to the Training Fields.

Notable loot:
Leafy Pack x2 Minor Health Potion Broken Flower Pot

40 battles later, everyone lives and is at level 4. Jabry almost died at one point though. Too close for comfort.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
[center][b]Day 3[/b] [item=speckled savanna pelt] Roll 5: Battle item ==> roll 2: tails: nothing happens [b]Ahead: Jabry's eye is still injured and that's the focus today.[/b] As the sun rose over their portion of the Wasteland, the survivors began to wake up. Jabry slowly opened his good eye to find himself curled up under Xeto's wing. He gradually reached forward, pulling himself out from under her wing before carefully standing on weak and shaky legs. The movement woke Xeto, who shifted behind him, now with her head up. "You should rest." She advised, "you collapsed yesterday evening without having dinner and have been sleeping since. Not to mention that wound. Scavenging probably isn't a good idea for the next few days. And that's assuming it will improve." "I thought you said you didn't know about healing." Lautmae commented, stretching his limbs before standing up. "I don't." Xeto replied. "But, I have dealt with the scars of battle and I've observed the recovery of fellow soldiers. Just because I'm not a healer doesn't mean I don't have sense." Jabry stood still for a few more seconds, slowly moving his head to look around, then gently touching the fabric wrapped all over his face. It was dry. He lowered himself slowly back onto the ground to lie down again. He started pulling the makeshift bandages away. Xeto wanted to stop him, but knew that would worsen the situation. When enough of the wrappings were off, he touched his closed injured eye. Blood had crusted over the whole gash and it felt like the eye itself was swollen. He tried to open it, but that just made the pain worse. He managed to open it a little, but could see nothing. He silently tolerated the pain as he shakily put the fabric back and curled up again. Xeto looked towards Lautmae, slightly nodding towards Jabry. Lautmae grabbed some mushrooms and leaves they'd stored and set them in front of Jabry, who slowly uncurled to eat them off the ground, going back to sleep a few minutes later. Xeto stood and paced partway around the fire pit. "He can't work like this. And can't be left alone. I'm willing to take care of the day's work on my own." Lautmae stared at her before walking over to rest a couple feet from Jabry. They'd only been out here for a few days, but Xeto had quickly learned that Lautmae felt everyone needed to work and while she didn't disagree with that, especially given their circumstances, she could tell by how he looked at her that he wanted to have Jabry go out searching for supplies. Xeto would not allow it. Jabry was in far too weak and vulnerable a state to do much other than eat and sleep. Not only that, but he was the smallest and physically weakest of them even when he was well. If he was made to work, especially made to leave camp, it would be a death sentence for him. Xeto gave Lautmae a solid glare for a few seconds before walking away to look for food and supplies.[/center]
Day 3

Speckled Savanna Pelt

Roll 5: Battle item ==> roll 2: tails: nothing happens

Ahead: Jabry's eye is still injured and that's the focus today.

As the sun rose over their portion of the Wasteland, the survivors began to wake up.

Jabry slowly opened his good eye to find himself curled up under Xeto's wing. He gradually reached forward, pulling himself out from under her wing before carefully standing on weak and shaky legs. The movement woke Xeto, who shifted behind him, now with her head up. "You should rest." She advised, "you collapsed yesterday evening without having dinner and have been sleeping since. Not to mention that wound. Scavenging probably isn't a good idea for the next few days. And that's assuming it will improve."

"I thought you said you didn't know about healing." Lautmae commented, stretching his limbs before standing up.

"I don't." Xeto replied. "But, I have dealt with the scars of battle and I've observed the recovery of fellow soldiers. Just because I'm not a healer doesn't mean I don't have sense."

Jabry stood still for a few more seconds, slowly moving his head to look around, then gently touching the fabric wrapped all over his face. It was dry.

He lowered himself slowly back onto the ground to lie down again. He started pulling the makeshift bandages away. Xeto wanted to stop him, but knew that would worsen the situation. When enough of the wrappings were off, he touched his closed injured eye. Blood had crusted over the whole gash and it felt like the eye itself was swollen. He tried to open it, but that just made the pain worse. He managed to open it a little, but could see nothing. He silently tolerated the pain as he shakily put the fabric back and curled up again.

Xeto looked towards Lautmae, slightly nodding towards Jabry. Lautmae grabbed some mushrooms and leaves they'd stored and set them in front of Jabry, who slowly uncurled to eat them off the ground, going back to sleep a few minutes later.

Xeto stood and paced partway around the fire pit. "He can't work like this. And can't be left alone. I'm willing to take care of the day's work on my own." Lautmae stared at her before walking over to rest a couple feet from Jabry. They'd only been out here for a few days, but Xeto had quickly learned that Lautmae felt everyone needed to work and while she didn't disagree with that, especially given their circumstances, she could tell by how he looked at her that he wanted to have Jabry go out searching for supplies. Xeto would not allow it. Jabry was in far too weak and vulnerable a state to do much other than eat and sleep. Not only that, but he was the smallest and physically weakest of them even when he was well.

If he was made to work, especially made to leave camp, it would be a death sentence for him. Xeto gave Lautmae a solid glare for a few seconds before walking away to look for food and supplies.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
Day 4

Silken Feathers

Roll 5: battle item ==> roll 2: tails: nothing happens

Ahead: Jabry still doesn't feel well.

It was midday. The sun was high over the campsite and Jabry was stretched out under the meager shelter they'd built. It wasn't much, but it was slightly cooler over there than in direct sunlight. He wasn't as weak as he was a few days ago. He was lying down, but had his head up. He had more energy than before and that morning had ridden on Xeto's back to help her scavenge. Though with just being able to see out of one eye, he wasn't able to help much.

They'd since returned and Jabry took part of the shaded space for himself. Everything hurt. He wouldn't be surprised if he'd been infected by something, but he had no idea what. At this point, he figured that he would be permanently half blind, but was still coming to terms with it. The only chance he had to get his sight back was if some very skilled doctor or healer showed up, but that would take a miracle.

He couldn't think straight for days. It was only now that he could really hold on to a thought. He felt useless, didn't know what to do with himself. He wanted to help the others, he really did, but knew he was too weak to work independently. So, he decided to utilize his natural ability as a seer to look into the past of their little campsite. It was the only power he had aside from all magically inclined Water dragons' ability to manipulate water, and other liquids of they honed their skills enough. He didn't think it would do any of them any good, but he didn't have much better to do.

As he focused on the land around him, he became very still, head held high and eye wide open, staring at nothing. His breathing slowed as he began to see himself walking backwards out of the shelter. He saw into the night before, seeing Xeto and Lautmae arguing, and about what, he had a hunch. Jabry kept rewinding time, all the way to two nights ago. He was growing very tired. He knew he couldn't go much further than that and was about to stop when...

What was that giant shape that just passed by the shelter?

He went forward in the past just enough to make it out and when it hit, his heart sank. Jabry started to panic. Gaolers. Two nights ago, a Gaoler was at their camp. They were being watched. He stared to the frozen figure of the massive dragon, then looked around more from his spot... in the distance... that was another one.

In his panic, Jabry snapped out of his vision. He was breathing heavily and struggling to stay awake. He hadn't spoken in days, but had to tell them. "Guys," he let out in a near whisper. "Gaolers... here... fake sleep... see... them..." He couldn't manage any more words before collapsing into an uneasy sleep. Just before his head fell, he could see Xeto's face peeking into the shelter. Hopefully she heard his warning. All he could do was warn them.

He knew they weren't alone.
Day 4

Silken Feathers

Roll 5: battle item ==> roll 2: tails: nothing happens

Ahead: Jabry still doesn't feel well.

It was midday. The sun was high over the campsite and Jabry was stretched out under the meager shelter they'd built. It wasn't much, but it was slightly cooler over there than in direct sunlight. He wasn't as weak as he was a few days ago. He was lying down, but had his head up. He had more energy than before and that morning had ridden on Xeto's back to help her scavenge. Though with just being able to see out of one eye, he wasn't able to help much.

They'd since returned and Jabry took part of the shaded space for himself. Everything hurt. He wouldn't be surprised if he'd been infected by something, but he had no idea what. At this point, he figured that he would be permanently half blind, but was still coming to terms with it. The only chance he had to get his sight back was if some very skilled doctor or healer showed up, but that would take a miracle.

He couldn't think straight for days. It was only now that he could really hold on to a thought. He felt useless, didn't know what to do with himself. He wanted to help the others, he really did, but knew he was too weak to work independently. So, he decided to utilize his natural ability as a seer to look into the past of their little campsite. It was the only power he had aside from all magically inclined Water dragons' ability to manipulate water, and other liquids of they honed their skills enough. He didn't think it would do any of them any good, but he didn't have much better to do.

As he focused on the land around him, he became very still, head held high and eye wide open, staring at nothing. His breathing slowed as he began to see himself walking backwards out of the shelter. He saw into the night before, seeing Xeto and Lautmae arguing, and about what, he had a hunch. Jabry kept rewinding time, all the way to two nights ago. He was growing very tired. He knew he couldn't go much further than that and was about to stop when...

What was that giant shape that just passed by the shelter?

He went forward in the past just enough to make it out and when it hit, his heart sank. Jabry started to panic. Gaolers. Two nights ago, a Gaoler was at their camp. They were being watched. He stared to the frozen figure of the massive dragon, then looked around more from his spot... in the distance... that was another one.

In his panic, Jabry snapped out of his vision. He was breathing heavily and struggling to stay awake. He hadn't spoken in days, but had to tell them. "Guys," he let out in a near whisper. "Gaolers... here... fake sleep... see... them..." He couldn't manage any more words before collapsing into an uneasy sleep. Just before his head fell, he could see Xeto's face peeking into the shelter. Hopefully she heard his warning. All he could do was warn them.

He knew they weren't alone.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
1 2 3 4 5