Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
[center][b][size=10]Zeus[/size][/b][/center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=6&winggene=15&wings=19&auth=d0049042dd187a8dfc00287d2338a8bd948ab31b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Ok, I admit he's not the prettiest dragon around. But each element was chosen for the following reason: [b]Imperial:[/b] well, Zeus was King of the Gods, so there's the regal/imperial connection in the name and breed. Plus the horns have a slight lightning style to them [b]Male:[/b] well, der [b]Age:[/b] well, yeah, he's adult! [b]Primary Gene:[/b] It kinda had to be Jupiter, since that's the Roman equivalent to the Greek Zeus. Plus the wavy lines always make me think of stormy seas or something, so that works too [b]Primary Colour:[/b] I chose Storm, for the storm/thunder/lightning connection [b]Secondary Gene:[/b] Well, it had to be Saturn to match the Jupiter [b]Secondary Colour:[/b] Again, I chose storm, to match the primary [b]Tertiary Gene:[/b] I chose Crackle, because lightning is crackly right?! [b]Tertiary Colour:[/b] There were a few choices here. I started with Goldenrod, because that sounds like a kingly thing. But that didn't look right, and nor did Gold or Metals. Ice almost made is (cos you can get ice in storms), but I ended up going with Overcast, again, because it is when there's a storm! [b]Element:[/b] Lightning, obviously [b]Eye Type:[/b] Glowing - cos they would, and this gave a good effect. Yeah, sure - he's based on the names of stuff rather than purely aesthetics, but I had fun creating him!
Zeus

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=6&winggene=15&wings=19&auth=d0049042dd187a8dfc00287d2338a8bd948ab31b&dummyext=prev.png

Ok, I admit he's not the prettiest dragon around. But each element was chosen for the following reason:

Imperial: well, Zeus was King of the Gods, so there's the regal/imperial connection in the name and breed. Plus the horns have a slight lightning style to them
Male: well, der
Primary Gene: It kinda had to be Jupiter, since that's the Roman equivalent to the Greek Zeus. Plus the wavy lines always make me think of stormy seas or something, so that works too
Primary Colour: I chose Storm, for the storm/thunder/lightning connection
Secondary Gene: Well, it had to be Saturn to match the Jupiter
Secondary Colour: Again, I chose storm, to match the primary
Tertiary Gene: I chose Crackle, because lightning is crackly right?!
Tertiary Colour: There were a few choices here. I started with Goldenrod, because that sounds like a kingly thing. But that didn't look right, and nor did Gold or Metals. Ice almost made is (cos you can get ice in storms), but I ended up going with Overcast, again, because it is when there's a storm!
Element: Lightning, obviously
Eye Type: Glowing - cos they would, and this gave a good effect.

Yeah, sure - he's based on the names of stuff rather than purely aesthetics, but I had fun creating him!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
Here’s my attempt at the the sky god. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=167&tertgene=21&winggene=26&wings=143&auth=4e4306bcd002a02b38df1f65c5eb6604e51e0fc2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]Gloom Jupiter/ Latte Edged/ Buttercup Filligree, Glowing Eyes[/i] An imperial seemed appropriate for the majestic look they have, and it conveniently gave him a beard, which most paintings of him include. My first idea was to make him look like a storm cloud, but the results didn’t look particularly distinguished or godly. I kept a storm based primary to reflect this idea, and Jupiter seemed the most appropriate gene given that it’s his Roman name. The wings are edged to represent the animal most commonly associated with him, an eagle, and I chose the color to both be similar to an eagle’s wings and slightly red-tinted to reflect on Greek pottery. Filligree was an ideal tertiary to add to the regal, wealthy look, and I chose a color that would have gold (for importance), red tints ( again for pottery), and sky blue gemstones (for his domain). The eyes are glowing to add back some of his godliness that was lost in choosing more muted, mismatched colors.
Here’s my attempt at the the sky god. dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=167&tertgene=21&winggene=26&wings=143&auth=4e4306bcd002a02b38df1f65c5eb6604e51e0fc2&dummyext=prev.png
Gloom Jupiter/ Latte Edged/ Buttercup Filligree, Glowing Eyes
An imperial seemed appropriate for the majestic look they have, and it conveniently gave him a beard, which most paintings of him include.
My first idea was to make him look like a storm cloud, but the results didn’t look particularly distinguished or godly. I kept a storm based primary to reflect this idea, and Jupiter seemed the most appropriate gene given that it’s his Roman name. The wings are edged to represent the animal most commonly associated with him, an eagle, and I chose the color to both be similar to an eagle’s wings and slightly red-tinted to reflect on Greek pottery. Filligree was an ideal tertiary to add to the regal, wealthy look, and I chose a color that would have gold (for importance), red tints ( again for pottery), and sky blue gemstones (for his domain). The eyes are glowing to add back some of his godliness that was lost in choosing more muted, mismatched colors.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
Since the challange was posted actually earlier than I thought, you have until rollover today to submit! The challenge was supposed to be posted 6am FR time today lol
Since the challange was posted actually earlier than I thought, you have until rollover today to submit! The challenge was supposed to be posted 6am FR time today lol
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
@Elisse

Just a question, is this always going to be "post at 4pm and have time until rollover"?

Because I'm always offline between 4pm and rollover, so I know I won't be able to participate in much of anything unless there's at least 12+ (preferably 16+) hours between a ping and whatever needs to be posted here. I know I'm going to miss out otherwise, as I can be offline even for longer than right after rollover, on account of working or doing other things that require me to be off FR.
@Elisse

Just a question, is this always going to be "post at 4pm and have time until rollover"?

Because I'm always offline between 4pm and rollover, so I know I won't be able to participate in much of anything unless there's at least 12+ (preferably 16+) hours between a ping and whatever needs to be posted here. I know I'm going to miss out otherwise, as I can be offline even for longer than right after rollover, on account of working or doing other things that require me to be off FR.
[b]Zeus[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=11&winggene=24&wings=27&auth=e645eadee678e7fae8fdfd839b83178c71dd5322&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]Obsidian starmap/azure noxtide/obsidian thylacine[/i] I wanted to make him look like a storm was coming during a night. The starmap represents the night. I choose azure noxtide for his secondary, because I felt it looked the most like lightning. The thylacine represents the clouds taking over the clear night sky. His eyes are ice/dark sclera, so they would blend in with the stars from starmap and they wouldn't draw all the attention away from the wings.
Zeus
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=11&winggene=24&wings=27&auth=e645eadee678e7fae8fdfd839b83178c71dd5322&dummyext=prev.png
Obsidian starmap/azure noxtide/obsidian thylacine

I wanted to make him look like a storm was coming during a night. The starmap represents the night. I choose azure noxtide for his secondary, because I felt it looked the most like lightning. The thylacine represents the clouds taking over the clear night sky. His eyes are ice/dark sclera, so they would blend in with the stars from starmap and they wouldn't draw all the attention away from the wings.
@SilverQuark
I don’t know. I’m at work at the moment but Bast should be back today to post the prompt and field further questions. I was only here to help for yesterday’s prompt ^^;;
@SilverQuark
I don’t know. I’m at work at the moment but Bast should be back today to post the prompt and field further questions. I was only here to help for yesterday’s prompt ^^;;
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
@Elisse

Oh okay! Sorry then. Should I ping them instead? And should I post the scry anyway in hopes that it'll be accepted, time zones and all? Thanks ^^
@Elisse

Oh okay! Sorry then. Should I ping them instead? And should I post the scry anyway in hopes that it'll be accepted, time zones and all? Thanks ^^
@SilverQuark
That would be best, and I don’t think it would hurt!
@SilverQuark
That would be best, and I don’t think it would hurt!
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
@Elisse Alright! @Bast6415 So like I said with Elisse above, due to my time zone, I'm pretty much never online between 16:00 and rollover server time. For this reason, I'm hoping that you will consider accepting entries for longer than just the eight hours after the post is made, as other people may also be in my situation (even when I'm online right after rollover, I can't always be on FR, for work or for other reasons). That being said, this is my entry: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=45&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=35&winggene=39&wings=45&auth=59896197e364be8302cfeab812dc77454df69062&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Lightning Primal is rather obvious. I picked the Phantom/Spirit/Weathered combination as they all are genes that have a connection with the afterlife, and gods are (in most cases) immortal. I also chose the colour gold to represent Zeus' position at the top of the hierarchy of gods (gold being a metal usually associated with first place medals and winning competitions).
@Elisse Alright!

@Bast6415 So like I said with Elisse above, due to my time zone, I'm pretty much never online between 16:00 and rollover server time. For this reason, I'm hoping that you will consider accepting entries for longer than just the eight hours after the post is made, as other people may also be in my situation (even when I'm online right after rollover, I can't always be on FR, for work or for other reasons).

That being said, this is my entry:

dragon?age=1&body=45&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=35&winggene=39&wings=45&auth=59896197e364be8302cfeab812dc77454df69062&dummyext=prev.png

Lightning Primal is rather obvious. I picked the Phantom/Spirit/Weathered combination as they all are genes that have a connection with the afterlife, and gods are (in most cases) immortal.

I also chose the colour gold to represent Zeus' position at the top of the hierarchy of gods (gold being a metal usually associated with first place medals and winning competitions).
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=14&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=11&auth=227abc56310b3c02ec30a7361c772e14c5a96b54&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]It’s worth noting that this was submitted after rollover, which means it likely doesn’t count as a true entry! I just loved the prompt and thought it wouldn’t hurt to share even if it can’t be an entry anymore![/b] So I went with a male Snapper with the genes Gloom Jupiter/Midnight Noxtide/Storm Capsule with Light Glowing eyes! I went with a snapper for a few reasons! The first was that I really liked the image of a god that can create thunder with each step, and that would have a very deep, but powerful voice, and to me, Snappers were the dragon that best fit that image! It’s that kinda dragon I imagine as loud and imposing in everything it does. But the second reason was much more specific to greek gods! One thing I love about greek gods is how emotional, prideful and petty they are in their mythology, Zeus included! So I really wanted to pick a very expressive dragon! And in my opinion, Snappers and Spirals are the most expressive breeds! And the male snapper sprite just looks so proud and confident, just as I would imagine the king of gods to be! Gloom Jupiter was a pretty easy choice for me! It looks like swirling, violent storm clouds running under his skin, and the name “gloom” definitely invokes the dismal, gloomy image of the clouds just before a storm! It felt perfect for a dragon like this! Midnight Noxtide was chosen because the noxtide gene in general always felt very electrical to me, and midnight give it that nice electric blue against the dark black of the rest of the wings, like lightning in the night! I imagine electricity could flow along those wing marks and light up the sky as he flies! While storm is a fairly obvious color, capsule may be an odd choice but hear me out! As Zeus is the god of thunder and lightning, I imagine he has an electric current running through his body! So using his own electricity, he can evaporate the liquid storm stewing in his belly and dispel a storm every time he roars! Light glowing was picked both because I feel it’s a very heavenly/godly look and because yellow is another color associated with electricity that I don’t think was represented in my scry! Plus, I think the contrast of yellow glowing eyes through the cool darkness of a storm is a very intimidating look!
dragon?age=1&body=98&bodygene=14&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=11&auth=227abc56310b3c02ec30a7361c772e14c5a96b54&dummyext=prev.png

It’s worth noting that this was submitted after rollover, which means it likely doesn’t count as a true entry! I just loved the prompt and thought it wouldn’t hurt to share even if it can’t be an entry anymore!

So I went with a male Snapper with the genes Gloom Jupiter/Midnight Noxtide/Storm Capsule with Light Glowing eyes! I went with a snapper for a few reasons! The first was that I really liked the image of a god that can create thunder with each step, and that would have a very deep, but powerful voice, and to me, Snappers were the dragon that best fit that image! It’s that kinda dragon I imagine as loud and imposing in everything it does. But the second reason was much more specific to greek gods! One thing I love about greek gods is how emotional, prideful and petty they are in their mythology, Zeus included! So I really wanted to pick a very expressive dragon! And in my opinion, Snappers and Spirals are the most expressive breeds! And the male snapper sprite just looks so proud and confident, just as I would imagine the king of gods to be!

Gloom Jupiter was a pretty easy choice for me! It looks like swirling, violent storm clouds running under his skin, and the name “gloom” definitely invokes the dismal, gloomy image of the clouds just before a storm! It felt perfect for a dragon like this!

Midnight Noxtide was chosen because the noxtide gene in general always felt very electrical to me, and midnight give it that nice electric blue against the dark black of the rest of the wings, like lightning in the night! I imagine electricity could flow along those wing marks and light up the sky as he flies!

While storm is a fairly obvious color, capsule may be an odd choice but hear me out! As Zeus is the god of thunder and lightning, I imagine he has an electric current running through his body! So using his own electricity, he can evaporate the liquid storm stewing in his belly and dispel a storm every time he roars!

Light glowing was picked both because I feel it’s a very heavenly/godly look and because yellow is another color associated with electricity that I don’t think was represented in my scry! Plus, I think the contrast of yellow glowing eyes through the cool darkness of a storm is a very intimidating look!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23