Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=9&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=19&auth=d4b98d89a9af52bd60968e9600ccdbef8f5cf20f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] His primary and secondary are storm, as he's well- the god of storms, with the obsidian stained tern to give the white 'clouds' on piebald a darker look. And constellation is because of his habit of putting people and animals in the stars to mark their accomplishments, such as Aquarius or Heracles
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=9&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=12&winggene=25&wings=19&auth=d4b98d89a9af52bd60968e9600ccdbef8f5cf20f&dummyext=prev.png

His primary and secondary are storm, as he's well- the god of storms, with the obsidian stained tern to give the white 'clouds' on piebald a darker look. And constellation is because of his habit of putting people and animals in the stars to mark their accomplishments, such as Aquarius or Heracles
Boiler_Valve.gifSteam_Spider.gifc931686f82cc_LumothFlipped.gif990327e38994_Flipped%20Gear.gifFloor_Gear.pngGear.gifLumoth.gif7cd6440e5b49_Flipped%20Spider.gifd35926aa3acf_Flipped%20Boiler.gif
[center][b]Day 1:[/b] Zeus [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=18&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=6&winggene=6&wings=25&auth=54c7601f283c76b28909b9ff1b4c8ee437dabc69&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Male Guardian Lightning Glowing Denim Savannah Steel Current White Crackle When I think of Zeus, I immediately think of 'God of Lightning' and 'Highest/Greatest God'. He's a protector and wise (thus why I chose Guardian Breed) but he's also the wisest, having more knowledge and power than just about anything else (why I chose the Glowing Eyes; it just seems to radiate the sense of power and wisdom, I think). I chose the greyish blue colors for his primaries and secondaries along with Savannah and Current to show that he can control storms, with the White Crackle representing lightning, thus giving the effect of him looking similar to that of a lightning storm.
Day 1: Zeus
dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=18&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=6&winggene=6&wings=25&auth=54c7601f283c76b28909b9ff1b4c8ee437dabc69&dummyext=prev.png
Male Guardian
Lightning Glowing
Denim Savannah
Steel Current
White Crackle

When I think of Zeus, I immediately think of 'God of Lightning' and 'Highest/Greatest God'. He's a protector and wise (thus why I chose Guardian Breed) but he's also the wisest, having more knowledge and power than just about anything else (why I chose the Glowing Eyes; it just seems to radiate the sense of power and wisdom, I think). I chose the greyish blue colors for his primaries and secondaries along with Savannah and Current to show that he can control storms, with the White Crackle representing lightning, thus giving the effect of him looking similar to that of a lightning storm.
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=23&bodygene=26&breed=5&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=15&winggene=11&wings=126&auth=77c6eea0ec58132aa77e59d8f8e93249206775d3&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [sub]I think the choice of breed belongs to the obvious ones - aside from their element Ridgebacks are one of the largest breeds too though & Zeus is frequently depicted as towering above immortals & other gods in size. I chose Peregrine for the association of Zeus with eagles (Well, a falcon has to be close enough...) & the color Overcast for Zeus being the god of storms & with Peregrine on Ridge wings it looks even like dark clouds forming. His primary is Sky for the obvious reason he reigns the sky & Laced for several meanings: the gene is supposed to look like either feathers, which matches the eagle association, or scales. Zeus is known to shapeshift, for example to ... convince potential lovers that are not as convinced by his original appearance & turned into snake to do so in a quite popular myth. But also it is to represent the Aegis, his shield, though mostly known to be a golden goat fur, theres often snakes, scales or a gorgon head attached. The tertiary supplements this, to bring in the characteristically golden color of the Aegis. The eyes... I'm sorry, I just feel like something's missing otherwise :') Its his main attribute after all.
dragon?age=1&body=23&bodygene=26&breed=5&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=15&winggene=11&wings=126&auth=77c6eea0ec58132aa77e59d8f8e93249206775d3&dummyext=prev.png

I think the choice of breed belongs to the obvious ones - aside from their element Ridgebacks are one of the largest breeds too though & Zeus is frequently depicted as towering above immortals & other gods in size.
I chose Peregrine for the association of Zeus with eagles (Well, a falcon has to be close enough...) & the color Overcast for Zeus being the god of storms & with Peregrine on Ridge wings it looks even like dark clouds forming.
His primary is Sky for the obvious reason he reigns the sky & Laced for several meanings: the gene is supposed to look like either feathers, which matches the eagle association, or scales. Zeus is known to shapeshift, for example to ... convince potential lovers that are not as convinced by his original appearance & turned into snake to do so in a quite popular myth.
But also it is to represent the Aegis, his shield, though mostly known to be a golden goat fur, theres often snakes, scales or a gorgon head attached.
The tertiary supplements this, to bring in the characteristically golden color of the Aegis.
The eyes... I'm sorry, I just feel like something's missing otherwise :') Its his main attribute after all.
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=1&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=a1427a1f0a1b2ea25ecff9c31e7a2508417d5bde&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Zeus, the god of thunder For my scry, I picked a spiral because often when I think of powerful elemental dragons, I picture spirals, sinuous and graceful, as if they were swimming through the air. Beautiful and dangerous, just like thunder storms in this case. To build off that imagery, I also gave Zeus dark sclera lightning eyes. I love the faces of spirals because you can really see the eyes very clearly, and I find dark sclera in the right circumstances can add a hint of danger and menace. I chose grey as his primary colour, and python for the gene, because thunder storms are often accompanied by dark clouds of varying grey tones. It also plays off Mijo's experience, where the lightning illuminates the dark stones of the Hewn City. Thus, Zeus is the embodiment of lightning flashing during a storm and, for that second in time, freezing everything in a greyscale tableau. His wings, midnight constellation, represent the deepest parts of night time because I love thunder storms that come at night. Zeus' wings are the calm before the storm, the glimpses of the night sky you may be able to see as the storm clouds race across, breaking here and there to show a quick peek of the stars above. Finally, Zeus' robin circuit tertiary is a manifestation of the power he wields. Lightning courses along his body, arcing across it just as lightning arcs across the sky. Zeus limbs are steeped in it, for in his claws the lightning is like a living entity that listens to its master's command. And like lightning across the sky, the flashes can leave a haze behind that slowly fades into darkness.
dragon?age=1&body=6&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=5&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=1&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=a1427a1f0a1b2ea25ecff9c31e7a2508417d5bde&dummyext=prev.png

Zeus, the god of thunder

For my scry, I picked a spiral because often when I think of powerful elemental dragons, I picture spirals, sinuous and graceful, as if they were swimming through the air. Beautiful and dangerous, just like thunder storms in this case. To build off that imagery, I also gave Zeus dark sclera lightning eyes. I love the faces of spirals because you can really see the eyes very clearly, and I find dark sclera in the right circumstances can add a hint of danger and menace.

I chose grey as his primary colour, and python for the gene, because thunder storms are often accompanied by dark clouds of varying grey tones. It also plays off Mijo's experience, where the lightning illuminates the dark stones of the Hewn City. Thus, Zeus is the embodiment of lightning flashing during a storm and, for that second in time, freezing everything in a greyscale tableau.

His wings, midnight constellation, represent the deepest parts of night time because I love thunder storms that come at night. Zeus' wings are the calm before the storm, the glimpses of the night sky you may be able to see as the storm clouds race across, breaking here and there to show a quick peek of the stars above.

Finally, Zeus' robin circuit tertiary is a manifestation of the power he wields. Lightning courses along his body, arcing across it just as lightning arcs across the sky. Zeus limbs are steeped in it, for in his claws the lightning is like a living entity that listens to its master's command. And like lightning across the sky, the flashes can leave a haze behind that slowly fades into darkness.
4G1L5Tv.gifuFV2wbJ.gifw8o0xW1.png
[center]Day 1: Zeus [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=5&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=6&winggene=24&wings=126&auth=f9153b4d4bcbc9993ccba7a1e859e1b1e31731e9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Overcast Ripple/Overcast Noxtide/Sanddollar Crackle/Light Glowing [/center] Overcast because I often imagine Zeus with images of thunder storms and I wanted to represent that cloudiness. Ripple/Noxtide both have well, ripples and cracks which I think can represent the undulations of the dark clouds and general intense vibe. And obviously, the sanddollar crackle for the lightning itself. The glowing was for the way lightning lights up the darkness and Ridgeback because they are so spiky and often have this kind of maniacal grin on their face like I imagine Zeus might have as he smites others down with his lightning bolts.
Day 1: Zeus
dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=5&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=110&tertgene=6&winggene=24&wings=126&auth=f9153b4d4bcbc9993ccba7a1e859e1b1e31731e9&dummyext=prev.png
Overcast Ripple/Overcast Noxtide/Sanddollar Crackle/Light Glowing

Overcast because I often imagine Zeus with images of thunder storms and I wanted to represent that cloudiness. Ripple/Noxtide both have well, ripples and cracks which I think can represent the undulations of the dark clouds and general intense vibe. And obviously, the sanddollar crackle for the lightning itself. The glowing was for the way lightning lights up the darkness and Ridgeback because they are so spiky and often have this kind of maniacal grin on their face like I imagine Zeus might have as he smites others down with his lightning bolts.
'blue smedium banner
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=23&tertgene=11&winggene=11&wings=56&auth=54b292c2e4a9c11e3a0d4f6a7e569a581becdd44&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I chose nocturne breed since Zeus is often known for his shape shifting exploits, and nocturnes are the breed with the best lore connection to shapeshifting. The chocolate peregrine was chosen to invoke eagle wings, since eagles were his primary symbol. The lightning primal is of course the blindingly obvious choice, which reduces it's value, but it stops the eyes from clashing with the thylacine streaks as much as other eye types. The thylacine was chosen rather than crackle to keep the pattern of the wing distinct and visible, while still maintaining the bright sky against the overcast primary. Additionally the color gradient of cherub and thylacine together look rather like stormcloud from the side, with brightly lit surface above and the darkness beneath the cloud.
dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=23&tertgene=11&winggene=11&wings=56&auth=54b292c2e4a9c11e3a0d4f6a7e569a581becdd44&dummyext=prev.png

I chose nocturne breed since Zeus is often known for his shape shifting exploits, and nocturnes are the breed with the best lore connection to shapeshifting. The chocolate peregrine was chosen to invoke eagle wings, since eagles were his primary symbol.

The lightning primal is of course the blindingly obvious choice, which reduces it's value, but it stops the eyes from clashing with the thylacine streaks as much as other eye types.

The thylacine was chosen rather than crackle to keep the pattern of the wing distinct and visible, while still maintaining the bright sky against the overcast primary. Additionally the color gradient of cherub and thylacine together look rather like stormcloud from the side, with brightly lit surface above and the darkness beneath the cloud.
z9bVpPy.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=11&winggene=26&wings=19&auth=501b21fc3e27ec29fe70ccd85d8ac1a850a33494&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I used the imperial breed as he is the 'king' of the gods. I used Storm primary and secondary to represent the fact he is the god of thunder and thunder happens in storms. Jupiter primary is due to his name in Roman mythology, Jupiter. I used Edged secondary to represent one of his symbols, the eagle, as it looks like bird feathers. I used Cyan Thylacine to represent lightning bolts, both one of his symbols and something he is the god of. Finally I used lightning primal to further represent lightning bolts.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=14&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=11&winggene=26&wings=19&auth=501b21fc3e27ec29fe70ccd85d8ac1a850a33494&dummyext=prev.png

I used the imperial breed as he is the 'king' of the gods. I used Storm primary and secondary to represent the fact he is the god of thunder and thunder happens in storms. Jupiter primary is due to his name in Roman mythology, Jupiter. I used Edged secondary to represent one of his symbols, the eagle, as it looks like bird feathers. I used Cyan Thylacine to represent lightning bolts, both one of his symbols and something he is the god of. Finally I used lightning primal to further represent lightning bolts.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=6&winggene=1&wings=11&auth=cae518977719fb214e9592a322491c023da979f1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I used Cracle gene in Cyan color to represent Lightning. As he ia a God of Lightning, of course he has to have Lightning Primal eyes. The Coatl breed looks the most intimidating. Iridescent and Shimmer are used to underline the Lightning theme. The colors are Storm and Midnight - for the stormy night with bright lightning strikes.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=6&winggene=1&wings=11&auth=cae518977719fb214e9592a322491c023da979f1&dummyext=prev.png

I used Cracle gene in Cyan color to represent Lightning. As he ia a God of Lightning, of course he has to have Lightning Primal eyes. The Coatl breed looks the most intimidating. Iridescent and Shimmer are used to underline the Lightning theme. The colors are Storm and Midnight - for the stormy night with bright lightning strikes.
UbXQ54R.jpg YfP5gFc.png bK9tD5H.jpg Idhdu5a.png BczZn60.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=8&gender=0&age=1&bodygene=20&body=51&winggene=20&wings=1&tertgene=12&tert=51&element=5&eyetype=6][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=12&winggene=20&wings=1&auth=c99ca395926835a78831e1670f5df993a66003f0&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Zeus is the head of the greek pantheon, so he has to be an imperial for me. He is the god of sky, lightning, thunder, law, order and justice so of course he needs lightning primal eyes. I really like how greek marble statues look like and I wanted to imitate the statue of Zeus at olympia [emoji=ceramic jar size=1]
dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=51&tertgene=12&winggene=20&wings=1&auth=c99ca395926835a78831e1670f5df993a66003f0&dummyext=prev.png

Zeus is the head of the greek pantheon, so he has to be an imperial for me. He is the god of sky, lightning, thunder, law, order and justice so of course he needs lightning primal eyes. I really like how greek marble statues look like and I wanted to imitate the statue of Zeus at olympia
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=24&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=19&winggene=24&wings=126&auth=f854d503c3df8b3e02cf3ad46576af7478a6e066&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Zeus[/b][/center] [right]starmap overcast noxtide overcast smirch cyan glowing lightning[/right] This is my interpretation! Had to choose overcast for his weather and thunder aspects, with noxtide and starmap adding more blue colour variation as well as the latter further representing the sky and his celestial/godly nature. I tried to show his lightning with the cyan smirch, whose colour stain in particular blends in nicely with the glowing eyes as a visible representation of power. I mostly made him a Guardian for the iconic curly [url=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Jupiter_Smyrna_Louvre_Ma13.jpg/800px-Jupiter_Smyrna_Louvre_Ma13.jpg]beard[/url]. [i](edit: oops did i sub this too late?)[/i]
dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=24&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=89&tertgene=19&winggene=24&wings=126&auth=f854d503c3df8b3e02cf3ad46576af7478a6e066&dummyext=prev.png

Zeus
starmap overcast
noxtide overcast
smirch cyan
glowing lightning

This is my interpretation! Had to choose overcast for his weather and thunder aspects, with noxtide and starmap adding more blue colour variation as well as the latter further representing the sky and his celestial/godly nature. I tried to show his lightning with the cyan smirch, whose colour stain in particular blends in nicely with the glowing eyes as a visible representation of power. I mostly made him a Guardian for the iconic curly beard.

(edit: oops did i sub this too late?)
FR +17
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23