Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=146&tertgene=25&winggene=39&wings=98&auth=c4bb79c775af0d3df5bc9255b5b82543fd67c9a5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]Time does not matter to Hades. Change does not matter. Because Death is one of the few inevitables. Does it matter if they come from bloodsoaked battles? From overworking office jobs? Of course not. A soul is a soul. A corpse is a corpse. Distinguishing is irrelevant. All that matters is the gold coin slipped under Charon's tongue and the judgement of the Furies. The only way Hades has to judge the time- busy as he is- is the coming and going of his wife. At first, Persephone's absence had been unbearable. He'd mourned, and the souls under his claws had paid for it. But now it was just routine. She'd leave, and Hades would bury himself in his work. It was like no time had even passed before she'd return with her keen eyes and pomegranate kisses. Sometimes, Hades wonders what her life might be like... on the surface. Sometimes, Hades feels more dead than the residents of his Domain. But those feelings are easy to repress. He'd already been scorned from anything that mattered- exiled from his brothers, given no voice in Olympus, left to rot with the dirt and the dank of the Underworld. Being barred from her life... it was to be expected. And he takes solace in the notion that even for a being as perfect as Persephone... Death is an inevitable.[/i] ----- [b]Breed:[/b] Gaoler: [i]Hades, being one of the "Big Three", is a very ancient being. I imagine he doesn't have much reason to change with the times, which is why he remains an ancient breed. Gaolers are known for "jailing" their enemies, much like Hades jails his Souls in the underworld, and often in Tartarus.[/i] [b]Primary:[/b] Midnight Phantom: [i]I chose a very monotone, dark palette for Hades, with cooler tones. I thought it looked like the type of colours you'd see at a funeral- colours that represent mourning. Phantom was chosen for the name and the association with the dead.[/i] [b]Secondary:[/b] Gloom Spirit: [i]Again, a very melancholic colour, fitting for the god of Death. Spirit is yet another ghost term, and it matches up with Phantom really well! The darker accents in Spirit fit the Midnight primary like a glove.[/i] [b]Tertiary:[/b] Dust Ghost: [i]Ashes to ashes... dust to dust... leaves behind nothing but a ghost.[/i]
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=146&tertgene=25&winggene=39&wings=98&auth=c4bb79c775af0d3df5bc9255b5b82543fd67c9a5&dummyext=prev.png

Time does not matter to Hades. Change does not matter. Because Death is one of the few inevitables. Does it matter if they come from bloodsoaked battles? From overworking office jobs? Of course not. A soul is a soul. A corpse is a corpse. Distinguishing is irrelevant. All that matters is the gold coin slipped under Charon's tongue and the judgement of the Furies.

The only way Hades has to judge the time- busy as he is- is the coming and going of his wife. At first, Persephone's absence had been unbearable. He'd mourned, and the souls under his claws had paid for it. But now it was just routine. She'd leave, and Hades would bury himself in his work. It was like no time had even passed before she'd return with her keen eyes and pomegranate kisses.

Sometimes, Hades wonders what her life might be like... on the surface. Sometimes, Hades feels more dead than the residents of his Domain. But those feelings are easy to repress. He'd already been scorned from anything that mattered- exiled from his brothers, given no voice in Olympus, left to rot with the dirt and the dank of the Underworld. Being barred from her life... it was to be expected.

And he takes solace in the notion that even for a being as perfect as Persephone... Death is an inevitable.

Breed: Gaoler: Hades, being one of the "Big Three", is a very ancient being. I imagine he doesn't have much reason to change with the times, which is why he remains an ancient breed. Gaolers are known for "jailing" their enemies, much like Hades jails his Souls in the underworld, and often in Tartarus.
Primary: Midnight Phantom: I chose a very monotone, dark palette for Hades, with cooler tones. I thought it looked like the type of colours you'd see at a funeral- colours that represent mourning. Phantom was chosen for the name and the association with the dead.
Secondary: Gloom Spirit: Again, a very melancholic colour, fitting for the god of Death. Spirit is yet another ghost term, and it matches up with Phantom really well! The darker accents in Spirit fit the Midnight primary like a glove.
Tertiary: Dust Ghost: Ashes to ashes... dust to dust... leaves behind nothing but a ghost.
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o9_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o7_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o8_r1_500.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=8&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=20&winggene=23&wings=60&auth=86432462f03f7dc82e44f0b34ad0633094873213&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Shadow Vipera / Blood Morph / White Ghost[/center] Vipera, Blood and Ghost all have an obvious connection with death. Morph indicates the transition (to the afterlife), and Shadow is more loose - I picked it because when someone's gone, it's said that what's left among the living - their heritage, memories, etc. - is basically their "shadow". Multi-Gaze is what I feel represents the "overseer" title best, because there are many eyes.
dragon?age=1&body=12&bodygene=8&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=20&winggene=23&wings=60&auth=86432462f03f7dc82e44f0b34ad0633094873213&dummyext=prev.png

Shadow Vipera / Blood Morph / White Ghost

Vipera, Blood and Ghost all have an obvious connection with death. Morph indicates the transition (to the afterlife), and Shadow is more loose - I picked it because when someone's gone, it's said that what's left among the living - their heritage, memories, etc. - is basically their "shadow".

Multi-Gaze is what I feel represents the "overseer" title best, because there are many eyes.
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=10&gender=0&age=1&bodygene=24&body=121&winggene=24&wings=10&tertgene=18&tert=10&element=2&eyetype=7][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=24&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=10&auth=2fd184de6121e4a2dc303005c240812ff5ca88c8&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Hades, god of the underworld, needs some pretty dark and bloody colors. He is filled with hate for his brother, represented by the deadly glowing eyes. At the same time Hades can be very elegant and polite - especially when it comes to Persephone. This should be reflected by the starmap. And the Obsidian Capsule is showing, that in Hades' venes there is no coursing red blood but the darkness of the underworld...
dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=24&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=18&winggene=24&wings=10&auth=2fd184de6121e4a2dc303005c240812ff5ca88c8&dummyext=prev.png

Hades, god of the underworld, needs some pretty dark and bloody colors. He is filled with hate for his brother, represented by the deadly glowing eyes. At the same time Hades can be very elegant and polite - especially when it comes to Persephone. This should be reflected by the starmap. And the Obsidian Capsule is showing, that in Hades' venes there is no coursing red blood but the darkness of the underworld...
Hades: [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=14&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=97&tertgene=20&winggene=24&wings=60&auth=f0f5ce787fac9805a98ab99fde1ef9225406ea1a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Eldritch Metallic Blood Noxtide Antique Ghost Ice Dark Sclera eyes [/center] A Bogsneak, with its low-slung body and small wings, seems a good form for the Lord of the Underworld. I can imagine him slinking through the subterranean caverns, big paws unhindered if a few wayward corpses should find themselves beneath them. The Metallic primary accents the muscles of the body and makes him look more slimy and corpse-like himself. Blood is a good color for one who deals in death. And the Antique Ghost tert looks like an aged, dusty skeleton. From behind the bony face peers a pair of cold white eyes, perhaps the only thing that would pierce the oppressive darkness of the underworld. The color choices overall are fitting of death; eldritch not only being a color but also an adjective used to describe the sinister or ghostly, blood being pretty obvious, and antique also being an adjective for aged things.
Hades:
dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=17&breed=14&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=97&tertgene=20&winggene=24&wings=60&auth=f0f5ce787fac9805a98ab99fde1ef9225406ea1a&dummyext=prev.png
Eldritch Metallic
Blood Noxtide
Antique Ghost
Ice Dark Sclera eyes
A Bogsneak, with its low-slung body and small wings, seems a good form for the Lord of the Underworld. I can imagine him slinking through the subterranean caverns, big paws unhindered if a few wayward corpses should find themselves beneath them. The Metallic primary accents the muscles of the body and makes him look more slimy and corpse-like himself. Blood is a good color for one who deals in death. And the Antique Ghost tert looks like an aged, dusty skeleton. From behind the bony face peers a pair of cold white eyes, perhaps the only thing that would pierce the oppressive darkness of the underworld. The color choices overall are fitting of death; eldritch not only being a color but also an adjective used to describe the sinister or ghostly, blood being pretty obvious, and antique also being an adjective for aged things.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=20&winggene=25&wings=60&auth=40478c51caf534a92f4e5f48e39f15642d6a89ee&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I made him a spiral and gave him python to represent serpents, one of his symbols. He has blood secondary as blood often symbolises death and I used constellation as his roman name, Pluto, is also the name of a dwarf planet. He has Cream ghost to look like the skeletons of the dead, and finally he has ice eyes due to the flight's fascination with preserving things which is a bit like how Hades preserves all the souls in the underworld.
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=23&breed=7&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=20&winggene=25&wings=60&auth=40478c51caf534a92f4e5f48e39f15642d6a89ee&dummyext=prev.png

I made him a spiral and gave him python to represent serpents, one of his symbols. He has blood secondary as blood often symbolises death and I used constellation as his roman name, Pluto, is also the name of a dwarf planet. He has Cream ghost to look like the skeletons of the dead, and finally he has ice eyes due to the flight's fascination with preserving things which is a bit like how Hades preserves all the souls in the underworld.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
I was going to make a submission today, but then I saw @clanguardian had basically created exactly what I had envisioned! So, I'm sending a vote (unofficially, of course) that direction.
I was going to make a submission today, but then I saw @clanguardian had basically created exactly what I had envisioned! So, I'm sending a vote (unofficially, of course) that direction.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
[b]Hades[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=151&bodygene=22&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=22&winggene=4&wings=96&auth=0d0d017e21f39e83faa80cd429e4049dab77c97f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Pinstripe/Freckle/Firefly Phthalo/Abyss/Robin Shadow/Uncommon Hades is also the name of the kingdom of the underworld. I decided to show him through this land.The first gene is the Styx river. The second gene is the darkness that be is there and the third gene is the souls that flowing through Styx.
Hades

dragon?age=1&body=151&bodygene=22&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=99&tertgene=22&winggene=4&wings=96&auth=0d0d017e21f39e83faa80cd429e4049dab77c97f&dummyext=prev.png

Pinstripe/Freckle/Firefly
Phthalo/Abyss/Robin
Shadow/Uncommon

Hades is also the name of the kingdom of the underworld. I decided to show him through this land.The first gene is the Styx river. The second gene is the darkness that be is there and the third gene is the souls that flowing through Styx.
Signature2.pngpUhxYo0.gifSorry for my english :b
[quote name="Juxta13" date="2019-06-29 06:41:28" ] I was going to make a submission today, but then I saw @clanguardian had basically created exactly what I had envisioned! So, I'm sending a vote (unofficially, of course) that direction. [/quote] Haha, sorry @Juxta13 if I pre-empted your idea! Great minds think alike, right? [emoji=bogsneak laughing size=1]
Juxta13 wrote on 2019-06-29 06:41:28:

Haha, sorry @Juxta13 if I pre-empted your idea! Great minds think alike, right?
[b]Hades, Ruler of the Underworld[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=11&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=11&winggene=4&wings=34&auth=bde6b86d5903a3ff3f1d8c6ee2a86d8a202bb9e4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [s]The Hadestown lover in me had fun with this one [emoji=tundra star size=2][/s] [LIST] [*]Midnight Bar: Representing the common misconception that the Underworld is a dark and scary place, almost like a jail for souls [*]Jungle Freckle: Reminiscent of Persephone, goddess of vegetation and Hades' wife for six months out of the year [*]Storm Thylacine: Representing blue flame; the hottest fire to exist (Commonly seen on Hades in Disney's Hercules) [*]Guardian Breed: Hades is the guardian of the souls in the Underworld [/LIST] Side note: I know he seems scary, but Hades isn't a bad guy! He just got the short end of the stick between his brothers (Zeus and Poseidon)
Hades, Ruler of the Underworld

dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=6&breed=2&element=11&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=11&winggene=4&wings=34&auth=bde6b86d5903a3ff3f1d8c6ee2a86d8a202bb9e4&dummyext=prev.png

The Hadestown lover in me had fun with this one
  • Midnight Bar: Representing the common misconception that the Underworld is a dark and scary place, almost like a jail for souls
  • Jungle Freckle: Reminiscent of Persephone, goddess of vegetation and Hades' wife for six months out of the year
  • Storm Thylacine: Representing blue flame; the hottest fire to exist (Commonly seen on Hades in Disney's Hercules)
  • Guardian Breed: Hades is the guardian of the souls in the Underworld

Side note: I know he seems scary, but Hades isn't a bad guy! He just got the short end of the stick between his brothers (Zeus and Poseidon)
O5nA62f.pngDCd1YMi.png
they/them (21)
dragons make my brain go brrrrr
I love writing lore...
... But I never seem to do it XD
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=5&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=61&tertgene=10&winggene=23&wings=151&auth=4e583102adca495874f1d5746c71f57c2371b2ff&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b][i]Hades, King of the Underworld[/i][/b] [i]Pearlcatcher male Midnight ripple Phthalo morph Maroon glimmer Ice dark sclera[/i] Souls flow down from above, represented by the ghostly outlined shapes of 'morph', each with faces distorted in suffering. They sink down into the river Styx, seen on Hades' body, the dark 'ripple' of the barrier between the world of the living and his land of death. Once they are ferried to the other side, they will be trapped there forever. Hades' chest is ruddy in 'glimmer', not from blood, he doesn't see the carnage of the battles, that is for the living. Instead the colour on his underside is from laying in the rot characteristic of the colder seasons, for he also the reason we have fall and winter. Piles of red and orange leaves tumble down into his domain during the half year his wife Persephone stays with him. This arrangement began when he convinced Persephone to eat a pomegranate from his domain, but she only took one bite. The binding magic of the fruit was only partly successful, so the Queen of Summer was only required to stay with him for half the year, not all of it as he'd intended. He still carries the bitten pomegranate with him in one of his claws as the pearl in his 'pearlcatcher' form, representing the binding of Persephone's soul to him and his land. When she is with him, the world above descends into the rot of fall and the cold of winter as it is without Persephone's warmth and light. Hades knew this would be the result of his plot, but was not concerned with the affect on the world of the living, he looked on with a dark, cold gaze as always, clearly seen in his 'dark sclera' eyes of 'ice'. Hades harbours a desire for the world to sink into the state he envisions, iced over, frozen, desolate from long years of neglect... Leaving him and his wife uninterrupted together in the underworld, and resulting in many more souls leaving their bodies to populate his domain.
dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=5&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=61&tertgene=10&winggene=23&wings=151&auth=4e583102adca495874f1d5746c71f57c2371b2ff&dummyext=prev.png

Hades, King of the Underworld

Pearlcatcher male
Midnight ripple
Phthalo morph
Maroon glimmer
Ice dark sclera

Souls flow down from above, represented by the ghostly outlined shapes of 'morph', each with faces distorted in suffering. They sink down into the river Styx, seen on Hades' body, the dark 'ripple' of the barrier between the world of the living and his land of death. Once they are ferried to the other side, they will be trapped there forever.

Hades' chest is ruddy in 'glimmer', not from blood, he doesn't see the carnage of the battles, that is for the living. Instead the colour on his underside is from laying in the rot characteristic of the colder seasons, for he also the reason we have fall and winter. Piles of red and orange leaves tumble down into his domain during the half year his wife Persephone stays with him.

This arrangement began when he convinced Persephone to eat a pomegranate from his domain, but she only took one bite. The binding magic of the fruit was only partly successful, so the Queen of Summer was only required to stay with him for half the year, not all of it as he'd intended.
He still carries the bitten pomegranate with him in one of his claws as the pearl in his 'pearlcatcher' form, representing the binding of Persephone's soul to him and his land.

When she is with him, the world above descends into the rot of fall and the cold of winter as it is without Persephone's warmth and light. Hades knew this would be the result of his plot, but was not concerned with the affect on the world of the living, he looked on with a dark, cold gaze as always, clearly seen in his 'dark sclera' eyes of 'ice'.

Hades harbours a desire for the world to sink into the state he envisions, iced over, frozen, desolate from long years of neglect... Leaving him and his wife uninterrupted together in the underworld, and resulting in many more souls leaving their bodies to populate his domain.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23