Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22 23
Aphrodite chose a Skydancer as her dragon because they are good with using other's emotions. Her dragon has a crimson iridescent body for passion and love; Rose (pink) glimmer wings representing sweetheart and all emotions of falling in love; and White ringlets on her body representing pure feminine traits. Her eyes are pink-ish glowing with power and feminity. [img]https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13882121_f520.jpg[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=23&winggene=1&wings=67&auth=663eca8dd90fd7f8dec419c5f6c52e69e43798e7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Breed: Skydancer Gender: Female Primary Gene: iridescent Primary Color: Crimson Secondary Gene: glimmer Secondary Color: rose Tertiary Gene: ringlets Tertiary Color: white Element: Arcane Eye Type: glowing
Aphrodite chose a Skydancer as her dragon because they are good with using other's emotions. Her dragon has a crimson iridescent body for passion and love; Rose (pink) glimmer wings representing sweetheart and all emotions of falling in love; and White ringlets on her body representing pure feminine traits. Her eyes are pink-ish glowing with power and feminity.

13882121_f520.jpg

dragon?age=1&body=59&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=23&winggene=1&wings=67&auth=663eca8dd90fd7f8dec419c5f6c52e69e43798e7&dummyext=prev.png

Breed: Skydancer
Primary Gene: iridescent
Primary Color: Crimson
Secondary Gene: glimmer
Secondary Color: rose
Tertiary Gene: ringlets
Tertiary Color: white
Element: Arcane
Eye Type: glowing

bsj_scrying_contest_pin.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=13&gender=1&age=1&bodygene=9&body=160&winggene=22&wings=160&tertgene=23&tert=2&element=9&eyetype=1][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=160&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=23&winggene=22&wings=160&auth=cb3a942141e8c185c39e391b5341c91fb84bd390&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] This is my interpretation of Aphrodite. Because she is the goddess of love, she definitely needs some pink for her colors. To give her a more soft look, she also needs some white, to make the look lighter and to represent her lighthearted character better. She also is kind of playful and elegant, which is why I've chosen Ringlets as tert. Skydancers fit her very well: They are delicate, soft looking and still have that fascinating something, that makes them a pretty good match for a love god.
dragon?age=1&body=160&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=23&winggene=22&wings=160&auth=cb3a942141e8c185c39e391b5341c91fb84bd390&dummyext=prev.png

This is my interpretation of Aphrodite. Because she is the goddess of love, she definitely needs some pink for her colors. To give her a more soft look, she also needs some white, to make the look lighter and to represent her lighthearted character better. She also is kind of playful and elegant, which is why I've chosen Ringlets as tert. Skydancers fit her very well: They are delicate, soft looking and still have that fascinating something, that makes them a pretty good match for a love god.
[center][b]Aphrodite[/b][/center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=13&winggene=26&wings=67&auth=1a71e7a214205663f392da8925babc563d403bd6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hopefully I'm on the right day here. So, Aphrodite, goddess of love, desire, beauty. Her symbols include the Myrtle and Rose flowers, so this is reflected by the Rose colour of her Primary and Secondary, and by the Petals gene. Another of her symbols is the scallop shell, which I've depicted in her Edged wings. Her 'magic girdle' is shown by the Contour tertiary, which is in Heather, a very similar shade of purple to the Crepe Myrtle tree I had outside my bedroom as a child. She's a Coatl because I immediately associated that with the concepts of beauty and love, and the arcane faceted eyes work with the colouration, and her multi-faceted personality.
Aphrodite

dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=13&winggene=26&wings=67&auth=1a71e7a214205663f392da8925babc563d403bd6&dummyext=prev.png

Hopefully I'm on the right day here.

So, Aphrodite, goddess of love, desire, beauty.

Her symbols include the Myrtle and Rose flowers, so this is reflected by the Rose colour of her Primary and Secondary, and by the Petals gene. Another of her symbols is the scallop shell, which I've depicted in her Edged wings. Her 'magic girdle' is shown by the Contour tertiary, which is in Heather, a very similar shade of purple to the Crepe Myrtle tree I had outside my bedroom as a child.

She's a Coatl because I immediately associated that with the concepts of beauty and love, and the arcane faceted eyes work with the colouration, and her multi-faceted personality.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[center][b][size=5]Aphrodite (Urania)[/b][/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=24&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=159&tertgene=22&winggene=21&wings=85&auth=6563529cc6081ec14f281e7a5f9fc89010d67053&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Ice Starmap Pearl Striation Blush Firefly Light Glowing[/center] So, time for a little mythology lesson, because boy, Aphrodite is COMPLICATED. So even in ancient times there has been conflicting depictions of Aphrodite's origins. One story is that she was formed from the foam caused by Ouranos' severed genitals being cast into the sea. The other, she's the daughter of Zeus and Dione. Plato went further and declared that there was, in fact, [i]two[/i] Aphrodites, Aphrodite Urania, which is the Aphrodite born of, uh, seafoam, and Aphrodite Pandemos, which is the Aphrodite born from Zeus. Aphrodite Urania, or "Heavenly Aphrodite," is said to represent a more celestial type of love, while Aphrodite Pandemos, or "Aphrodite of the People," is said to represent physical sensuality and desire. Aphrodite Pandemos is depicted as being much more petty and vindictive, and is basically the Aphrodite that shows up in all the myths, while Aphrodite Urania just kind of chills on heaven and gets conflated with other goddesses in the Mediterranean. Worship of Aphrodite Urania was stricter and more solemn than worship of Aphrodite Pandemos. Of course, these names may only be epithats of the same goddess, and not actually different goddesses. It's complicated. Now, with that infodump out of the way, my scry. So, I chose to depict Aphrodite Urania in my scry. Pearl striation resemples the shell of a clam, which is a popular iconography relating to Aphrodite emerging out of the sea. Starmap was chosen because it asserts Aphrodite Urania's heavenly aspect, and ice was picked as the color because it matched pearl the best. Light glowing eyes is to reemphasize her celestial side, while blush firefly is a reminder that Aphrodite Urania is still a goddess of love, since blush is a good color pun while firefly complements starmap because it resembles stars. A female coatl was picked as the breed because the way their wings flare help reinforce the clam shell imagery.
Aphrodite (Urania)
dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=24&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=159&tertgene=22&winggene=21&wings=85&auth=6563529cc6081ec14f281e7a5f9fc89010d67053&dummyext=prev.png
Ice Starmap
Pearl Striation
Blush Firefly
Light Glowing

So, time for a little mythology lesson, because boy, Aphrodite is COMPLICATED.

So even in ancient times there has been conflicting depictions of Aphrodite's origins. One story is that she was formed from the foam caused by Ouranos' severed genitals being cast into the sea. The other, she's the daughter of Zeus and Dione. Plato went further and declared that there was, in fact, two Aphrodites, Aphrodite Urania, which is the Aphrodite born of, uh, seafoam, and Aphrodite Pandemos, which is the Aphrodite born from Zeus. Aphrodite Urania, or "Heavenly Aphrodite," is said to represent a more celestial type of love, while Aphrodite Pandemos, or "Aphrodite of the People," is said to represent physical sensuality and desire. Aphrodite Pandemos is depicted as being much more petty and vindictive, and is basically the Aphrodite that shows up in all the myths, while Aphrodite Urania just kind of chills on heaven and gets conflated with other goddesses in the Mediterranean. Worship of Aphrodite Urania was stricter and more solemn than worship of Aphrodite Pandemos. Of course, these names may only be epithats of the same goddess, and not actually different goddesses. It's complicated.

Now, with that infodump out of the way, my scry. So, I chose to depict Aphrodite Urania in my scry. Pearl striation resemples the shell of a clam, which is a popular iconography relating to Aphrodite emerging out of the sea. Starmap was chosen because it asserts Aphrodite Urania's heavenly aspect, and ice was picked as the color because it matched pearl the best. Light glowing eyes is to reemphasize her celestial side, while blush firefly is a reminder that Aphrodite Urania is still a goddess of love, since blush is a good color pun while firefly complements starmap because it resembles stars. A female coatl was picked as the breed because the way their wings flare help reinforce the clam shell imagery.

1WhYQHt.png
[center][font=georgia][size=5]Aphrodite, Goddess of Love[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=84&auth=a8ae9b9cd6baf3337a9d61bf724b93b57ebadb9d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [size=3][i]Pearlcatcher Female / Rose Petals / Saffron Constellation / Seafoam Lace / Fire Primal[/i][/size] [font=georgia][size=4]Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality. She was born of seafoam, and one of her many symbols include pearls, which promote love and gentleness, and roses, which symbolize grace and elegance. Her name, Aphrodite, derives from the words aphrós (meaning "foam") and dít? (meaning "bright"), hence her bright eyes. Aphrodite is married to Hephaestus, the god of fire and metalworking, however she is consistently unfaithful to him, even having been caught with Ares, one of her many lovers. She is also commonly compared and connected to Eos, goddess of the dawn and another who is known for her aggressive sexuality. Many a year ago, Eos had lain with Ares, Aphrodite's lover, and in a jealous fit, Aphrodite cursed her to live forever with an insatiable love and desire. Eos, however, cursed her in turn, transforming Aphrodite's once beautiful, pink wings into a vivid saffron, Eos token color and a reminder of how she had taken everything from her.[/size] [rule] [size=3][font=georgia](In simple terms: I started with a female pearlcatcher, because pearls are one of her symbols, and gave her rose petals as her primary because that's another symbol! The seafoam tertiary obviously represents her birth, and I chose lace because it looks the most like actual seafoam. Then, I gave her primal fire eyes as part of her name and a tribute to her husband, Hephaestus, but also as an insight into her personality and her fiery, unfaithfulness. Finally, the story of Eos turning her wings saffron plays in, and her secondary is constellation because Eos is a goddess of the sky!)
Aphrodite, Goddess of Love

dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=84&auth=a8ae9b9cd6baf3337a9d61bf724b93b57ebadb9d&dummyext=prev.png
Pearlcatcher Female / Rose Petals / Saffron Constellation / Seafoam Lace / Fire Primal

Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality. She was born of seafoam, and one of her many symbols include pearls, which promote love and gentleness, and roses, which symbolize grace and elegance. Her name, Aphrodite, derives from the words aphrós (meaning "foam") and dít? (meaning "bright"), hence her bright eyes.

Aphrodite is married to Hephaestus, the god of fire and metalworking, however she is consistently unfaithful to him, even having been caught with Ares, one of her many lovers.

She is also commonly compared and connected to Eos, goddess of the dawn and another who is known for her aggressive sexuality. Many a year ago, Eos had lain with Ares, Aphrodite's lover, and in a jealous fit, Aphrodite cursed her to live forever with an insatiable love and desire. Eos, however, cursed her in turn, transforming Aphrodite's once beautiful, pink wings into a vivid saffron, Eos token color and a reminder of how she had taken everything from her.

(In simple terms: I started with a female pearlcatcher, because pearls are one of her symbols, and gave her rose petals as her primary because that's another symbol! The seafoam tertiary obviously represents her birth, and I chose lace because it looks the most like actual seafoam. Then, I gave her primal fire eyes as part of her name and a tribute to her husband, Hephaestus, but also as an insight into her personality and her fiery, unfaithfulness. Finally, the story of Eos turning her wings saffron plays in, and her secondary is constellation because Eos is a goddess of the sky!)
P3QILmB.gif ___

she/her - writer - FR+0
but who prays for lucifer?
who in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?

-- Mark Twain
____ P3kLLBM.png ___
I think that a guardian dragon makes the most sense for a representation of passionate love since guardians guard their chosen charge with their life. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=21&winggene=22&wings=168&auth=33ec42abb735011c4b47f85b69b86503d2f2fd1a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I chose blush petal for the primary because of the association of love with blushing, pink for soft gentle love and for the rose symbol of aphrodite. I chose strawberry trail because red is the colour of passionate love and trail is reminiscent of bird wing designs and there are several birds sacred to aphrodite such as sparrows, doves and swans. I chose pearl filigree because pearl is another symbol of aphrodite and the placement and design of filigree reminded me of girdles/corsets which are also associated with the goddess. Also filigree is a delicate gene with a traditionally feminine look to it. Lastly I chose the water element because of the origins of her birth from seafoam.
I think that a guardian dragon makes the most sense for a representation of passionate love since guardians guard their chosen charge with their life.

dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=13&breed=2&element=4&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=21&winggene=22&wings=168&auth=33ec42abb735011c4b47f85b69b86503d2f2fd1a&dummyext=prev.png

I chose blush petal for the primary because of the association of love with blushing, pink for soft gentle love and for the rose symbol of aphrodite.

I chose strawberry trail because red is the colour of passionate love and trail is reminiscent of bird wing designs and there are several birds sacred to aphrodite such as sparrows, doves and swans.

I chose pearl filigree because pearl is another symbol of aphrodite and the placement and design of filigree reminded me of girdles/corsets which are also associated with the goddess. Also filigree is a delicate gene with a traditionally feminine look to it.

Lastly I chose the water element because of the origins of her birth from seafoam.
NFJCNCS.gif UBaiWUV.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
YMPbu9R.png
BY1bl09.png ZFAfDzf.png eVSz2yG.png
Being a goddess, Aphrodite has been around for quite a while. So, while she is all about "love and beauty," I think she would also show some sophistication. She is a master at the art of seduction, so there is bound to be some cunning rather than just all pink fluff. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=4&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=21&winggene=1&wings=85&auth=fc0a8e410735be63438e3aa42272e481a109c95c&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Since she is often associated with pearls, I chose to use this as the color rather than going with a pearlcatcher breed. (Pearlcatcher females just look too reverent, and I don't think that fits!) There are so many different interpretations of her, that I think she has the gift of being quite changeable to adapt to a particular situation. The twisting spiral seemed to better represent her changing nature. There have been periods of time in which all of the gods and goddesses were required to be more war-like. The filigree is a reflection of her armor - albeit more decorative than functional. Aphrodite had her [i]own[/i] way of winning battles. The faceted eyes show that mischievous twinkle she gets whenever she spots a new conquest.
Being a goddess, Aphrodite has been around for quite a while. So, while she is all about "love and beauty," I think she would also show some sophistication. She is a master at the art of seduction, so there is bound to be some cunning rather than just all pink fluff.
dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=4&eyetype=4&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=21&winggene=1&wings=85&auth=fc0a8e410735be63438e3aa42272e481a109c95c&dummyext=prev.png
Since she is often associated with pearls, I chose to use this as the color rather than going with a pearlcatcher breed. (Pearlcatcher females just look too reverent, and I don't think that fits!)

There are so many different interpretations of her, that I think she has the gift of being quite changeable to adapt to a particular situation. The twisting spiral seemed to better represent her changing nature.

There have been periods of time in which all of the gods and goddesses were required to be more war-like. The filigree is a reflection of her armor - albeit more decorative than functional. Aphrodite had her own way of winning battles.

The faceted eyes show that mischievous twinkle she gets whenever she spots a new conquest.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=17&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=12&winggene=22&wings=67&auth=78f2bdc76c78532ad9557a188a29f8fe1d4d8700&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Aphrodite [b]Breed:[/b] Skydancer as the most graceful and elegant breed [b]Primary:[/b] Violet is for violets, one of Aphrodite's symbols; Starmap as a token of the divinity. [b]Secondary:[/b] Rose is for roses, yet another one of Aphrodite's symbols; Trail is associated for me here with light breezy clothes. [b]Tertiary:[/b] Pearl is for the legend of how she was born; Stained is for lightness and beauty. Arcane Primal eyes are for underlining her divinity.
dragon?age=1&body=17&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=12&winggene=22&wings=67&auth=78f2bdc76c78532ad9557a188a29f8fe1d4d8700&dummyext=prev.png

Aphrodite

Breed: Skydancer as the most graceful and elegant breed
Primary: Violet is for violets, one of Aphrodite's symbols; Starmap as a token of the divinity.
Secondary: Rose is for roses, yet another one of Aphrodite's symbols; Trail is associated for me here with light breezy clothes.
Tertiary: Pearl is for the legend of how she was born; Stained is for lightness and beauty.
Arcane Primal eyes are for underlining her divinity.
UbXQ54R.jpg YfP5gFc.png bK9tD5H.jpg Idhdu5a.png BczZn60.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=67&auth=d878e654c4c93847e42a58a9b80199dea3e010a7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Pearl Starmap / Rose Butterfly / Moon Peacock[/center] Pearl: jewels are a common symbol of love and are used often as gifts. Starmap: I wanted to include either that or Constellation, as a connection to the idiom "being in seventh heaven", associated with the feeling of happiness in a satisfying relationship. Rose: again, a common gift that symbolises love. Butterfly: from "giving someone butterflies", an idiom for infatuation. Moon: from "over the moon", very much like "being in seventh heaven" in sentiment and meaning. Peacock: the bird that makes the most flashy mating displays, enough said.
dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=67&auth=d878e654c4c93847e42a58a9b80199dea3e010a7&dummyext=prev.png

Pearl Starmap / Rose Butterfly / Moon Peacock

Pearl: jewels are a common symbol of love and are used often as gifts.
Starmap: I wanted to include either that or Constellation, as a connection to the idiom "being in seventh heaven", associated with the feeling of happiness in a satisfying relationship.
Rose: again, a common gift that symbolises love.
Butterfly: from "giving someone butterflies", an idiom for infatuation.
Moon: from "over the moon", very much like "being in seventh heaven" in sentiment and meaning.
Peacock: the bird that makes the most flashy mating displays, enough said.
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=16&winggene=1&wings=120&auth=708468a7dcc7c7a8da02018162dc2a9a0b948dc9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Blush Iridescent Watermelon Shimmer Maize Lace Arcane Glowing[/center] Here's my take on Aphrodite! I felt like a Skydancer would be the best choice to represent her, as they just look so graceful. And of course, being a goddess of love, I tried to make her as pink as possible, with a Lace tertiary so she looks a bit like a Valentine's Day heart.
dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=16&winggene=1&wings=120&auth=708468a7dcc7c7a8da02018162dc2a9a0b948dc9&dummyext=prev.png

Blush Iridescent
Watermelon Shimmer
Maize Lace
Arcane Glowing

Here's my take on Aphrodite! I felt like a Skydancer would be the best choice to represent her, as they just look so graceful. And of course, being a goddess of love, I tried to make her as pink as possible, with a Lace tertiary so she looks a bit like a Valentine's Day heart.
xpP2XdL.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22 23