Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23
[center][b]Hera[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=48&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=68&auth=e0908c7a563659ef0bb2b32ad6670625370d914d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Fire Petals [emoji=red star size=1] Heather Butterfly [emoji=pink star size=1] Thicket Peacock [emoji=red star size=1] Nature Dark Sclera I wanted her to have warm colors, and maybe purple. fire works as fires of jealousy, and heather matches fire's accent great. I picked peacock for much the same reason that everyone else picked peacock, and the color because it also matched fire.[/center]
Hera
dragon?age=1&body=48&bodygene=13&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=141&tertgene=24&winggene=13&wings=68&auth=e0908c7a563659ef0bb2b32ad6670625370d914d&dummyext=prev.png
Fire Petals Heather Butterfly Thicket Peacock Nature Dark Sclera
I wanted her to have warm colors, and maybe purple. fire works as fires of jealousy, and heather matches fire's accent great. I picked peacock for much the same reason that everyone else picked peacock, and the color because it also matched fire.
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
[b]Hera[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=24&winggene=11&wings=140&auth=76a67c2d45cfa59477953ef98f45931bf1142373&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Iridescent/Peregrine/Peacock Sapphire/Metals/Spearmint Light/Unusual Because the symbol of Hera is peacock. I decided to show her in the form of this bird.
Hera

dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=24&winggene=11&wings=140&auth=76a67c2d45cfa59477953ef98f45931bf1142373&dummyext=prev.png

Iridescent/Peregrine/Peacock
Sapphire/Metals/Spearmint
Light/Unusual

Because the symbol of Hera is peacock. I decided to show her in the form of this bird.
Signature2.pngpUhxYo0.gifSorry for my english :b
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img] [size= 6]Day Five[/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_2703302]About[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39391492]Rules[/url] | Story | [url= http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39395882]Prizes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39395888]Thanks and Badges[/url] [quote= Day Four]Unfortunately for the tundra, Hera ended the short greeting with a small 'Farewell' and fading into a gust on the breeze. Mijo was upset with her leaving for a moment, and he made a silent vow to visit his home again soon as he could- he was back in Light territory, anyway. As soon as he made his choice, a sweet scent prickled the air and he felt himself grow lightheaded. From a sudden fall of rose petals, a newcome appeared and bent down to see the Tundra. She observed him curiously for a moment "I am Aphrodite, denizen of love." Who does Mijo see?[/quote] [size= 1][i]small note: i do apologize if i misrepresent the gods on this list. Writing the drafts was just me like 'uh Ares likes fighting things' lol[/i][/size]
YRmbvgq.png

Day Five

About | Rules | Story | Prizes | Thanks and Badges
Day Four wrote:
Unfortunately for the tundra, Hera ended the short greeting with a small 'Farewell' and fading into a gust on the breeze. Mijo was upset with her leaving for a moment, and he made a silent vow to visit his home again soon as he could- he was back in Light territory, anyway. As soon as he made his choice, a sweet scent prickled the air and he felt himself grow lightheaded. From a sudden fall of rose petals, a newcome appeared and bent down to see the Tundra. She observed him curiously for a moment

"I am Aphrodite, denizen of love."

Who does Mijo see?

small note: i do apologize if i misrepresent the gods on this list. Writing the drafts was just me like 'uh Ares likes fighting things' lol
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=12&winggene=5&wings=67&auth=74deab8f7a725966765732efd33020c734547ccc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Rose / Rose / Pearl I chose a Skydancer for Aphrodite because that's the breed that projects emotion, which makes her very suited for the goddess of love. Pastel pinks are often associated with love, and is a traditionally feminine colour. Cherub and Seraph are named for angels, and the Cherub are often symbols of love as well. The Pearl stained makes the whole dragon a lot more pastel, and completes the whole look. Arcane primal looks like a love-heart, and emphasises the jewel on the skydancer's forehead; the source of their empathetic powers.
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=12&winggene=5&wings=67&auth=74deab8f7a725966765732efd33020c734547ccc&dummyext=prev.png
Rose / Rose / Pearl

I chose a Skydancer for Aphrodite because that's the breed that projects emotion, which makes her very suited for the goddess of love. Pastel pinks are often associated with love, and is a traditionally feminine colour. Cherub and Seraph are named for angels, and the Cherub are often symbols of love as well. The Pearl stained makes the whole dragon a lot more pastel, and completes the whole look. Arcane primal looks like a love-heart, and emphasises the jewel on the skydancer's forehead; the source of their empathetic powers.
96Hu3ST.png Please no travelling dergs.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=16&winggene=13&wings=85&auth=1bd5085b49264e8c82b4c4174d6d7f215cc4ad6f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I made her a mirror because one of her symbols is a mirror. She has rose primary due to another symbol being the rose, and she has cherub due to their associations with love. She has pearl butterfly as yet another of her symbols is the pearl and butterflies are associated with beauty. Finally she has seafoam tertiary due to her birth story as she was born from seafoam and Uranus' stuff.
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=16&winggene=13&wings=85&auth=1bd5085b49264e8c82b4c4174d6d7f215cc4ad6f&dummyext=prev.png

I made her a mirror because one of her symbols is a mirror. She has rose primary due to another symbol being the rose, and she has cherub due to their associations with love. She has pearl butterfly as yet another of her symbols is the pearl and butterflies are associated with beauty. Finally she has seafoam tertiary due to her birth story as she was born from seafoam and Uranus' stuff.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=22&breed=4&element=4&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=60&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=140&auth=64b0da307fec3314cc8fdef8cfa2ad19b8d9de2f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] For [b]Aphrodite[/b], I first chose the Unusual Water eyes as a nod to her less than PG origins, which is also why I chose to make her a Pearlcatcher (pearls are one of her symbols, and I think that the breed's demeanor would suit her well). The Metals Bee has such a pretty and ethereal look, so I definitely had to use it for her. Next, the Blood Glimmer was a nod to her origins, the fact that she was considered to be a war goddess in some parts of Greece, and one of her favourite lovers (Ares, god of war). And finally, the elegance of Cream Pinstripe was used to tie everything together.
dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=22&breed=4&element=4&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=60&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=140&auth=64b0da307fec3314cc8fdef8cfa2ad19b8d9de2f&dummyext=prev.png

For Aphrodite, I first chose the Unusual Water eyes as a nod to her less than PG origins, which is also why I chose to make her a Pearlcatcher (pearls are one of her symbols, and I think that the breed's demeanor would suit her well). The Metals Bee has such a pretty and ethereal look, so I definitely had to use it for her.

Next, the Blood Glimmer was a nod to her origins, the fact that she was considered to be a war goddess in some parts of Greece, and one of her favourite lovers (Ares, god of war). And finally, the elegance of Cream Pinstripe was used to tie everything together.
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=16&winggene=8&wings=2&auth=df3eef7e45559730054ce2a32191e353a7c447d0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]The good thing about love, Aphrodite muses, is that it rarely changes. Love is immutable- and no matter where it comes from, as long as it's genuine, it's always beautiful. Aphrodite adores what has come of the modern day, just as much as she resents it. It's change, and change is always hard to adjust to- but she's had thousands of years to get used to adjusting. What Aphrodite appreciates most about the times is how open our celebration of love has become. Parades to celebrate the ones you love, holidays dedicated to showing the people in your life how special they are... while she did have a bit of a soft spot for the intricate courtship rituals of the ages past, she has to admit she's glad the trend of arranged marriages has mainly passed. Love has once again become something to cherish, not to wield as a weapon. And Aphrodite can't help but love the mortals. Not as children, as Hera might see them- but as the only ones who can fully grasp the breadth of her Domain. Hera says she loves Zeus, but Hera also really needs relationship counselling, so Aphrodite doesn't count it. The gods have only dallianced with the mortals as flings, or to throw their weight around. Never love. But Aphrodite watches them with a strange sense of envy in her heart. Mortals are unbound by immortality. They can live their lives- and love their loves- to the absolute fullest. Sometimes, Aphrodite wishes she had the same pleasure.[/i] ----- [b]Breed:[/b] Skydancer: [i]Skydancers are remarkably perceptive to emotions, and highly empathetic. I thought this would be perfect for Aphrodite, who's Domain is ruled by emotions. They're also delicate and somewhat graceful-looking, which I feel also fits Aphrodite.[/i] [b]Primary:[/b] Rose Cherub: [i]Aphrodite looks over the Cherubs, such as Eros, so this was the perfect gene for her. The rose is another one of her symbols, so it's a two-in-one![/i] [b]Secondary:[/b] White Facet: [i]I feel like white facet has a very unique mirror-like quality, almost like a mother-of-pearl. The mirror is one of Aphrodite's symbols, but she also arose from seafoam, fitting the somewhat nautical resemblance to the inside of a seashell or a pearl. I would have made her a Pearlcatcher, but I felt that Skydancers fit her more.[/i] [b]Tertiary:[/b] Rose Lace: [i]This is delicate and dainty, and just perfect for Aphrodite. It also matches her primary, and again has the symbolism of a rose. I feel like these look like rose petals, lined up against Aphrodite's scales and wings.[/i]
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=16&winggene=8&wings=2&auth=df3eef7e45559730054ce2a32191e353a7c447d0&dummyext=prev.png

The good thing about love, Aphrodite muses, is that it rarely changes. Love is immutable- and no matter where it comes from, as long as it's genuine, it's always beautiful. Aphrodite adores what has come of the modern day, just as much as she resents it. It's change, and change is always hard to adjust to- but she's had thousands of years to get used to adjusting.

What Aphrodite appreciates most about the times is how open our celebration of love has become. Parades to celebrate the ones you love, holidays dedicated to showing the people in your life how special they are... while she did have a bit of a soft spot for the intricate courtship rituals of the ages past, she has to admit she's glad the trend of arranged marriages has mainly passed. Love has once again become something to cherish, not to wield as a weapon.

And Aphrodite can't help but love the mortals. Not as children, as Hera might see them- but as the only ones who can fully grasp the breadth of her Domain. Hera says she loves Zeus, but Hera also really needs relationship counselling, so Aphrodite doesn't count it. The gods have only dallianced with the mortals as flings, or to throw their weight around. Never love. But Aphrodite watches them with a strange sense of envy in her heart. Mortals are unbound by immortality. They can live their lives- and love their loves- to the absolute fullest.

Sometimes, Aphrodite wishes she had the same pleasure.

Breed: Skydancer: Skydancers are remarkably perceptive to emotions, and highly empathetic. I thought this would be perfect for Aphrodite, who's Domain is ruled by emotions. They're also delicate and somewhat graceful-looking, which I feel also fits Aphrodite.
Primary: Rose Cherub: Aphrodite looks over the Cherubs, such as Eros, so this was the perfect gene for her. The rose is another one of her symbols, so it's a two-in-one!
Secondary: White Facet: I feel like white facet has a very unique mirror-like quality, almost like a mother-of-pearl. The mirror is one of Aphrodite's symbols, but she also arose from seafoam, fitting the somewhat nautical resemblance to the inside of a seashell or a pearl. I would have made her a Pearlcatcher, but I felt that Skydancers fit her more.
Tertiary: Rose Lace: This is delicate and dainty, and just perfect for Aphrodite. It also matches her primary, and again has the symbolism of a rose. I feel like these look like rose petals, lined up against Aphrodite's scales and wings.
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o9_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o7_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o8_r1_500.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=170&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=85&auth=00a3b95572a5b21aabeed6877fd44cd641bc3041&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Rose Cherub Primary: Cherubs and roses as symbols/associated with her Pearl Shimmer Secondary: Pearl Shimmer is like the seashell in that one painting of her rising from the sea Fuchsia Glimmer Tertiary: Purely asthetic...It just looked nice with the rest [emoji=tundra tongue size=1] *shrug* Tundra: Tundras are soft and fluffy and lovable [emoji=tundra love size=1] Arcane Primal: As previously mentioned, the marking with arcane primal resembles a heart symbol [emoji=heart size=1]. Plus, I just like the sparklyness of the eyes themselves. :P Note: I did not know of a lot of the symbology associated with her until reading other entries, which means I'm borrowing from others' descriptions, so keep that in mind.
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=170&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=85&auth=00a3b95572a5b21aabeed6877fd44cd641bc3041&dummyext=prev.png

Rose Cherub Primary: Cherubs and roses as symbols/associated with her
Pearl Shimmer Secondary: Pearl Shimmer is like the seashell in that one painting of her rising from the sea
Fuchsia Glimmer Tertiary: Purely asthetic...It just looked nice with the rest *shrug*
Tundra: Tundras are soft and fluffy and lovable
Arcane Primal: As previously mentioned, the marking with arcane primal resembles a heart symbol . Plus, I just like the sparklyness of the eyes themselves. :P

Note: I did not know of a lot of the symbology associated with her until reading other entries, which means I'm borrowing from others' descriptions, so keep that in mind.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
[b]Aphrodite, Bringer of Love[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=4&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=168&tertgene=18&winggene=5&wings=163&auth=dd54f766497e53c076ff6229c3124c6aa7cea94d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [LIST] [*]Blush Speckle: To represent a blushing face (Like when someone has a crush) [*]Cream Seraph: Representative of Cupid and other angels of love [*]Strawberry Capsule: Reminiscent of a love potion [*]Pearlcatcher Breed: Pearlcatchers are social and lively, sort of like a matchmaker [/LIST]
Aphrodite, Bringer of Love

dragon?age=1&body=159&bodygene=4&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=168&tertgene=18&winggene=5&wings=163&auth=dd54f766497e53c076ff6229c3124c6aa7cea94d&dummyext=prev.png
  • Blush Speckle: To represent a blushing face (Like when someone has a crush)
  • Cream Seraph: Representative of Cupid and other angels of love
  • Strawberry Capsule: Reminiscent of a love potion
  • Pearlcatcher Breed: Pearlcatchers are social and lively, sort of like a matchmaker
O5nA62f.pngDCd1YMi.png
they/them (21)
dragons make my brain go brrrrr
I love writing lore...
... But I never seem to do it XD
Aphrodite: [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=24&winggene=1&wings=105&auth=9580852a50359839d222c162b075d749f3567537&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Rose Skink Peach Shimmer Rose Peacock Arcane Rare eyes[/center] Soft colors of pink and yellow are comforting and remind me of loving warmth. To love someone is to be giving, open, and trusting. Aphrodite herself is said to be of stunning beauty and sleek form, so a Wildclaw matches her well for a breed. Her nature also goes well with a Wildclaw's ferocity as a warrior, because love is powerful, takes strength, and is worth fighting for! Her light pink Arcane eyes match her colors nicely, and also hint at the long history of magic in love - potions, spells, charms, and good luck myths to help you find your soulmate!
Aphrodite:
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=15&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=24&winggene=1&wings=105&auth=9580852a50359839d222c162b075d749f3567537&dummyext=prev.png
Rose Skink
Peach Shimmer
Rose Peacock
Arcane Rare eyes
Soft colors of pink and yellow are comforting and remind me of loving warmth. To love someone is to be giving, open, and trusting. Aphrodite herself is said to be of stunning beauty and sleek form, so a Wildclaw matches her well for a breed. Her nature also goes well with a Wildclaw's ferocity as a warrior, because love is powerful, takes strength, and is worth fighting for! Her light pink Arcane eyes match her colors nicely, and also hint at the long history of magic in love - potions, spells, charms, and good luck myths to help you find your soulmate!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23