Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pandora's Mirror [BSJ 19] Submissions
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23
[center][b]Ares[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=17&breed=5&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=108&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=140&auth=67ffb30b1c48031b2a2f522c049e25c25820acf4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Sanguine Metallic [emoji=red star size=1] Metals Toxin [emoji=gold star size=1] Terracotta Runes [emoji=red star size=1] Fire Glowing you described him as grinning and musclebound, so I chose a ridgeback, metallic further accentuating his muscles. the spikiness is also befitting the god of war. Ares's Roman counterpart is Mars, and his tert color is terracotta, similar to the red planet. metals is for armor, and sanguine blood and fury. his eyes are fire glowing for one of his symbols, a flaming torch.[/center]
Ares
dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=17&breed=5&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=108&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=140&auth=67ffb30b1c48031b2a2f522c049e25c25820acf4&dummyext=prev.png
Sanguine Metallic Metals Toxin Terracotta Runes Fire Glowing
you described him as grinning and musclebound, so I chose a ridgeback, metallic further accentuating his muscles. the spikiness is also befitting the god of war. Ares's Roman counterpart is Mars, and his tert color is terracotta, similar to the red planet. metals is for armor, and sanguine blood and fury. his eyes are fire glowing for one of his symbols, a flaming torch.
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YRmbvgq.png[/img] [size= 6]Day Four[/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_2703302]About[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39391492]Rules[/url] | Story | [url= http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39395882]Prizes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2703302/1#post_39395888]Thanks and Badges[/url] [quote= Day Four]And for the first time, Mijo saw two appirations at one time; A very motherly figure pushed Ares out of the way as she stepped from behind him towards Mijo. Ares pulled a couple fists, but a look amd a hand held up drove the herald of war away. The newcomer crossed to Mijo, she adjusted the goggles on his head and spoke: "Greetings, child, I am Hera, patron of family." [i]Who does Mijo greet? [/i][/quote] [i]note: [b]i misread my research and it's too late to turn back[/b][/i] - snapped -
YRmbvgq.png

Day Four

About | Rules | Story | Prizes | Thanks and Badges
Day Four wrote:
And for the first time, Mijo saw two appirations at one time; A very motherly figure pushed Ares out of the way as she stepped from behind him towards Mijo. Ares pulled a couple fists, but a look amd a hand held up drove the herald of war away. The newcomer crossed to Mijo, she adjusted the goggles on his head and spoke:

"Greetings, child, I am Hera, patron of family."

Who does Mijo greet?

note: i misread my research and it's too late to turn back

- snapped -
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
[center][size=6][font=Century] Hera, goddess of marriage[/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=11&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=167&tertgene=24&winggene=5&wings=139&auth=42b424a348d267a768bcd0d1fc6faf33a3e57a0b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [size=3] Female Tundra / Peach Cherub / Flaxen Seraph / Flaxen Peacock / Earth Common For Hera, I chose light and airy colors since marriage is associated with purity and bright (usually white or light cream colors). Hera is also referred to as the Queen of Heaven, which is why I chose the Cherub and Seraph genes since the names are associated with heavenly creatures. For the tertiary, I chose the peacock gene, since it's one of Hera's sacred animals and is often seen with her. I chose the Tundra breed, since they're peaceful dragons, but when the need arises, they can be extremely ferocious.[/center]
Hera, goddess of marriage
dragon?age=1&body=105&bodygene=10&breed=6&element=11&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=167&tertgene=24&winggene=5&wings=139&auth=42b424a348d267a768bcd0d1fc6faf33a3e57a0b&dummyext=prev.png

Female Tundra / Peach Cherub / Flaxen Seraph / Flaxen Peacock / Earth Common

For Hera, I chose light and airy colors since marriage is associated with purity and bright (usually white or light cream colors). Hera is also referred to as the Queen of Heaven, which is why I chose the Cherub and Seraph genes since the names are associated with heavenly creatures. For the tertiary, I chose the peacock gene, since it's one of Hera's sacred animals and is often seen with her. I chose the Tundra breed, since they're peaceful dragons, but when the need arises, they can be extremely ferocious.
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=164&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=66&auth=908d75c8cd145b7fd30213849278adba47d53111&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Rose Iridescent / Pink Constellation / Cottoncandy Lace Since Hera is the patron of family, I chose some feminine-looking colours. Iridescent because for a parent, kids are pride and joy (so the connection is with the idiom "glowing with pride"). Constellation because of bedtime stories, as well as something a bit more specific - how kids are told that when they're away from their guardians and people who love them, they're watching over them from the sky. Lace has a connection with sewing, which again is a historically more "feminine" thing. Also, Multi-Gaze because one needs to have eyes everywhere to prevent kids from getting into trouble.
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=164&tertgene=16&winggene=25&wings=66&auth=908d75c8cd145b7fd30213849278adba47d53111&dummyext=prev.png

Rose Iridescent / Pink Constellation / Cottoncandy Lace

Since Hera is the patron of family, I chose some feminine-looking colours. Iridescent because for a parent, kids are pride and joy (so the connection is with the idiom "glowing with pride"). Constellation because of bedtime stories, as well as something a bit more specific - how kids are told that when they're away from their guardians and people who love them, they're watching over them from the sky. Lace has a connection with sewing, which again is a historically more "feminine" thing.

Also, Multi-Gaze because one needs to have eyes everywhere to prevent kids from getting into trouble.
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=11&gender=1&age=1&bodygene=1&body=68&winggene=20&wings=18&tertgene=24&tert=114&element=7&eyetype=3][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=18&auth=73a06676bc3bf870a7e7988969c7ecf812277688&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] This is Hera for me. Purple is one of the colors (beside of yellow, black and dark green) for jealousy. Since Zeus cheated a lot on his sisterwife, she started to get rid of his affairs - so purple fits her quite well. It's also the color of spirituality, intelligence and transformation - all of these attributes that fit for Hera as a goddess. Her wings have the color royal because she is kind of a queen in the Greek pantheon. Besides that Hera also is associated with peacocks, thatswhy she got the tertiary gene peacock.
dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=1&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=18&auth=73a06676bc3bf870a7e7988969c7ecf812277688&dummyext=prev.png

This is Hera for me. Purple is one of the colors (beside of yellow, black and dark green) for jealousy. Since Zeus cheated a lot on his sisterwife, she started to get rid of his affairs - so purple fits her quite well. It's also the color of spirituality, intelligence and transformation - all of these attributes that fit for Hera as a goddess. Her wings have the color royal because she is kind of a queen in the Greek pantheon. Besides that Hera also is associated with peacocks, thatswhy she got the tertiary gene peacock.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=24&winggene=19&wings=161&auth=839340e281e20734e137266aae6ff8956cffdd81&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I used the Skydancer breed as Hera is often depicted as majestic. She has obsidian piebald as one of her symbols is the cow. She has garnet secondary to represent another symbol, the pomegranite and she has rosette to represent panthers. Finally she has peacock peacock to symbolise the peacocks that draw her chariot.
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=9&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=24&winggene=19&wings=161&auth=839340e281e20734e137266aae6ff8956cffdd81&dummyext=prev.png

I used the Skydancer breed as Hera is often depicted as majestic. She has obsidian piebald as one of her symbols is the cow. She has garnet secondary to represent another symbol, the pomegranite and she has rosette to represent panthers. Finally she has peacock peacock to symbolise the peacocks that draw her chariot.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
Hera: [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=10&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=166&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=156&auth=43beb406ece373d908c671c028666316bc8bdee0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Terracotta Cherub Caramel Trail Auburn Glimmer Earth Uncommon eyes[/center] "Family" brings to mind the home and hearth, a safe and comforting place where people can be nurtured and protected. So, I chose earthy warm colors. The curled shape of the female Imperial looks protective (and she's smiling too!). The Cherub and Glimmer genes reference Hera's high status among the gods and her association with the heavens (clouds and stars). The patterns created by the Trail gene remind me of celebratory ribbons waving in the breeze, like a flag a family would hang by their front door.
Hera:
dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=10&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=166&tertgene=10&winggene=22&wings=156&auth=43beb406ece373d908c671c028666316bc8bdee0&dummyext=prev.png
Terracotta Cherub
Caramel Trail
Auburn Glimmer
Earth Uncommon eyes
"Family" brings to mind the home and hearth, a safe and comforting place where people can be nurtured and protected. So, I chose earthy warm colors. The curled shape of the female Imperial looks protective (and she's smiling too!). The Cherub and Glimmer genes reference Hera's high status among the gods and her association with the heavens (clouds and stars). The patterns created by the Trail gene remind me of celebratory ribbons waving in the breeze, like a flag a family would hang by their front door.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=156&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=24&winggene=22&wings=117&auth=e73d7814cdb05c71c9f931370e7c86d7bab2f231&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]Hera resents what her husband thinks of her. Of course he can go off and indulge in his dramatics- he never had any qualms about doing that since the beginning. But the notion that Hera's life must be easier than his is a fabrication built on double standards. Hera hasn't been happy with how the mortals have fought and warred over what a "proper marriage" must be, have destroyed the lives of children and torn families apart. But she has always been faced with these problems. They're hardly a modern issue... but Zeus can't recognise that his problem isn't a modern one either. Mortals were created with the aspiration to reach for the unobtainable. Zeus doesn't understand that, and Hera doubts the rest of the Pantheon do either. She's always been painted as wicked- a jealous figure hovering behind her husband and keeping him clenched in her fist like a vice. But she's grown past the frantic attempts to get her peers to look into her husband's own selfish desires, his lack of stock in what she believes to this day is the truest love she's ever felt. And now they're doing the same to their own creations. Hera often walks the streets, along with the mortals. She spots dragons going on with their lives- and how blessed their lives are. For they aren't cursed with immortality. If they want change in their life, they can build it for themselves, and often die happy with what they've achieved. But there's no reprieve for gods. There are no lasting decisions for them. Only an endless cycle of turmoil and mourning for ages past. Perhaps it's time for all of them to just welcome the future.[/i] ----- [b]Breed:[/b] Coatl: [i]I chose the Coatls because of their fluffy, avain appearance. A major theme in Hera's design is her patron animal, the peacock, and I felt that anything I could do to highlight that would be key. In the lore I've written, Hera is the most forgiving of the gods, but has trouble communicating with them. This is very similar to the disposition of Coatls- who are charitable and kind folks, but have issues reaching out to others due to communication issues.[/i] [b]Primary:[/b] Caramel Cherub: [i]Whilst Hera does not have domain over the Cherubs, they're still important to her. She's the goddess of Marriage and family, and the love that Cherubs spread is- of course- a major key to keeping families together. Cherub also has a lot of avian aspects.[/i] [b]Secondary:[/b] Cerulean Trail: [i]I've always thought that Trail and Peacock look incredible together, and I've really hinged Hera's design around her Peacock tert. This adds even more visual interest to her wings, and ties in with her primary's colour.[/i] [b]Tertiary:[/b] Cerulean Peacock: [i]As explained before, Peacocks are one of Hera's patron animals, and perhaps the most important of her symbols. Most depictions of Hera show her with peacock accessories or peacock-coloured clothing, so this was a no-brainer.[/i]
dragon?age=1&body=156&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=117&tertgene=24&winggene=22&wings=117&auth=e73d7814cdb05c71c9f931370e7c86d7bab2f231&dummyext=prev.png

Hera resents what her husband thinks of her. Of course he can go off and indulge in his dramatics- he never had any qualms about doing that since the beginning. But the notion that Hera's life must be easier than his is a fabrication built on double standards. Hera hasn't been happy with how the mortals have fought and warred over what a "proper marriage" must be, have destroyed the lives of children and torn families apart. But she has always been faced with these problems. They're hardly a modern issue... but Zeus can't recognise that his problem isn't a modern one either.

Mortals were created with the aspiration to reach for the unobtainable. Zeus doesn't understand that, and Hera doubts the rest of the Pantheon do either. She's always been painted as wicked- a jealous figure hovering behind her husband and keeping him clenched in her fist like a vice. But she's grown past the frantic attempts to get her peers to look into her husband's own selfish desires, his lack of stock in what she believes to this day is the truest love she's ever felt. And now they're doing the same to their own creations.

Hera often walks the streets, along with the mortals. She spots dragons going on with their lives- and how blessed their lives are. For they aren't cursed with immortality. If they want change in their life, they can build it for themselves, and often die happy with what they've achieved. But there's no reprieve for gods. There are no lasting decisions for them. Only an endless cycle of turmoil and mourning for ages past.

Perhaps it's time for all of them to just welcome the future.

Breed: Coatl: I chose the Coatls because of their fluffy, avain appearance. A major theme in Hera's design is her patron animal, the peacock, and I felt that anything I could do to highlight that would be key. In the lore I've written, Hera is the most forgiving of the gods, but has trouble communicating with them. This is very similar to the disposition of Coatls- who are charitable and kind folks, but have issues reaching out to others due to communication issues.
Primary: Caramel Cherub: Whilst Hera does not have domain over the Cherubs, they're still important to her. She's the goddess of Marriage and family, and the love that Cherubs spread is- of course- a major key to keeping families together. Cherub also has a lot of avian aspects.
Secondary: Cerulean Trail: I've always thought that Trail and Peacock look incredible together, and I've really hinged Hera's design around her Peacock tert. This adds even more visual interest to her wings, and ties in with her primary's colour.
Tertiary: Cerulean Peacock: As explained before, Peacocks are one of Hera's patron animals, and perhaps the most important of her symbols. Most depictions of Hera show her with peacock accessories or peacock-coloured clothing, so this was a no-brainer.
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o9_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o7_r1_500.png
tumblr_puyi19gS0K1ta9vl4o8_r1_500.png
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=139&auth=ebb6173814d10dbfda18ecf4cddece67b8cfdffa&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Queen of the gods, Hera would be a very regal dragon. I chose the imperial to represent this. Gold is the colour of royalty, and I went with a pastel / white look because she is the goddess of marriage, which is usually associated with white in western culture. I chose bee for that pure look, and it's also a very delicate looking gene. Peacock for her main animal.
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=139&auth=ebb6173814d10dbfda18ecf4cddece67b8cfdffa&dummyext=prev.png

Queen of the gods, Hera would be a very regal dragon. I chose the imperial to represent this. Gold is the colour of royalty, and I went with a pastel / white look because she is the goddess of marriage, which is usually associated with white in western culture. I chose bee for that pure look, and it's also a very delicate looking gene. Peacock for her main animal.
96Hu3ST.png Please no travelling dergs.
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=139&auth=ebb6173814d10dbfda18ecf4cddece67b8cfdffa&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Queen of the gods, Hera would be a very regal dragon. I chose the imperial to represent this. Gold is the colour of royalty, and I went with a pastel / white look because she is the goddess of marriage, which is usually associated with white in western culture. I chose bee for that pure look, and it's also a very delicate looking gene. Peacock for her main animal.
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=24&winggene=20&wings=139&auth=ebb6173814d10dbfda18ecf4cddece67b8cfdffa&dummyext=prev.png

Queen of the gods, Hera would be a very regal dragon. I chose the imperial to represent this. Gold is the colour of royalty, and I went with a pastel / white look because she is the goddess of marriage, which is usually associated with white in western culture. I chose bee for that pure look, and it's also a very delicate looking gene. Peacock for her main animal.
96Hu3ST.png Please no travelling dergs.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23