Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 141 142
@Disillusionist Yeah, I keep meaning to bring Webb back in, but there are so many dragons in the clan now that some dragons are going to fall too the background. Gotta check in with those dergs every once in a while though! @AlchemyFox Yup, it's funny how the smallest moments can set into action such big consequences, both positive and negative. Karma sure lives up to her name, in more ways than one! [emoji=spiral winking size=2]
@Disillusionist

Yeah, I keep meaning to bring Webb back in, but there are so many dragons in the clan now that some dragons are going to fall too the background. Gotta check in with those dergs every once in a while though!

@AlchemyFox

Yup, it's funny how the smallest moments can set into action such big consequences, both positive and negative. Karma sure lives up to her name, in more ways than one!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Oh goodness...I'm not sure I like what Scoril and Jett are planning...and now Lucian is involved...I'm worried for everyone.

Karma is so sweet...I'm enjoying her development so much!
@Petall

Oh goodness...I'm not sure I like what Scoril and Jett are planning...and now Lucian is involved...I'm worried for everyone.

Karma is so sweet...I'm enjoying her development so much!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sakura | she/her
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Seeking Feb 23rd G1s!
lair spotlight >
92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
*looks at page number* nice.
*looks at page number* nice.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@Tiffkaboo

*evil author laugh*

Thanks! She's kind of going in a different direction than I intended, but it suits her.

@MisterMylez

Nice
@Tiffkaboo

*evil author laugh*

Thanks! She's kind of going in a different direction than I intended, but it suits her.

@MisterMylez

Nice
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/68#post_40948379]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 79: Tunnels[/u][/b] [item=palefoot tadhop] Sentence: New Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You wanted to speak with me?" Darkstar called into the dark, empty building. Yesterday morning, she had received a strange note on her doorstep providing an invitation for the chance of a lifetime, along with directions to a meeting point and the password needed to get there. She was starting to wonder if this was some elaborate prank. Feeling stupid, the ridgeback turned to go. "You came," A voice echoed through the room. Out of the darkness, a wildclaw melted. Her scales were stained with soot and oil, but she held herself with a regality Darkstar couldn't help but admire. A gem guardian whizzed around beside her, bursting with energy. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40857691][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408577/40857691_350.png[/img][/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31009.png[/img][/center] "I was beginning to wonder if I had the right place," Darkstar commented. "Why the secrecy?" "Jett and Thorburn both wanted to meet with you themselves, but I figured this was the sort of conversation best handled with tact," Juliette said, eyes gleaming. "I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea." "Now you're just making me nervous," Darkstar huffed. "Can we just cut through this needless exposition and get to the point?" "There is a treasure buried somewhere in the Tangled Wood, one that holds not only great riches, but also a very powerful machine, created by the Thunderforge," Juliette explained. Darkstar winced. "Oh, you've heard of them?" "How do you think I got these scars?" Darkstar growled, fanning her wings. "You're not working for them, are you? Because if you are I want nothing to do with this." "My husband has had dealings with them, as business partners to a certain extent. But no, we run our own show," Juliette grinned. "I need your help because of the network of ridgeback tunnels that span across all of Sornieth. Legend has it that this vault is buried beneath the ground, so if anyone can locate it, its going to be a ridgeback. With all the digging you do, its bound to be caught up somewhere." "Those tunnels are like a labyrinth, you know that right?" Darkstar asked. "Even with my help, it would be very difficult to find." "I know, but you're our best hope," Juliette said, her stoic facade breaking to show a hint of emotion beneath. "Tell me something. Why is it so important you find this vault?" Darkstar asked. "Well, for one, my husband is always looking for any chance he has to get rich, so I won't deny that's a part of it," Juliette admitted. "But personally? This city once belonged to my family. They ruled for generations, but that broke off when a band of rebels sought to overthrow the kingdom. They sent me and my sister away to keep us safe, never telling us about our heritage, but brother, their heir, went insane and joined the rebels. He is the reason the city is as broken as it is." "Talk about drama," Darkstar whistled. "I don't blame my parents for sending me away, though I am upset my aunt never told me the truth about where I came from," Juliette continued. "I don't particularly want to be queen, I'm happy being a mechanic and helping Thorburn with the odd job, but I have to fix my brother's mistakes. I know Age is a benevolent queen, but she won't be on the throne forever. Maybe her kids are decent folk, but corruption will return, it always will. I want my kingdom to thrive, and it cannot do that if the crown is confined to one bloodline. Age is a dragon who values tradition, she won't make the change. This is our chance to rebuild the clan to its former glory, but I won't let it make the mistakes my family made in the past. If we were to have another Fabian, I don't know that the clan would stand by and let that happen, nor would I want it to. We can't have dragons feeling so helpless to change things that their only hope is revolution. we must build something better, something that gives every dragon a chance and a voice." "And what does this have to do with what's in the vault? I'm afraid you've lost me," Darkstar shook her head. "No one knows what Crius hid away in that vault all those years ago, but whatever it is is powerful," Juliette explained. "I'm mostly interested in it to satisfy my own technological curiosity, but if there's any chance it can make this kingdom stronger, and give it a fighting chance, you can bet I'm using it." "And you need my help to get it," Darkstar repeated. "Exactly," Juliette nodded. "You don't need to give your answer right away, I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do, but I thought I'd give you the option. You won't go unrewarded either. There's enough treasure in there to build a kingdom. There's more than enough for you to get a hefty share of the hoard. I believe in giving everyone their equal share." "I'll think about it," Darkstar promised, finding herself wondering what Ragna would think about Juliette and her proposition. "Take all the time you need. Just let me know when you've decided," Juliette smiled. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54433580][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54433580&skin=0&apparel=750,1753,21243,21292,21300,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54855099][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I feel as though we're going in circles," Violet frowned as she looked at the map once more. She was beginning to grow frustrated with this whole quest. "We'll figure it out," Gillian promised, but even he seemed to be growing doubtful. "What's the point in even having a map if we don't even know where we are in the Tangled Wood at any given moment!" Violet growled in frustration, almost spilling her drink as she slammed it down on the tavern table. "Still, we have to find it before Thorburn does. Whatever is in the vault, it's more powerful a creation than any dragon should have. We have to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. If Thorburn doesn't keep it for himself, I'm sure he'll just sell it to the highest bidder." Gillian pointed out. "I know. It's just getting frustrating. I feel like we're chasing our own tails," Violet huffed. "Maybe I could help," A pearlcatcher said, sauntering up to the table. Violet and Gillian quickly moved to hide their stuff from view, horrified that they had been overheard. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48760421][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487605/48760421_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Relax, I'm not trying to steal anything from you, though I can see why you would be wary of that," The pearlcatcher chuckled. "If you want to make sure no one else dips in on your little plan though, maybe you should find a more private meeting space." "Who are you," Violet growled, finding herself growing defensive. "The name's Blackwolf, and I've been looking for a chance to speak with you two for quite some time," The pearlcatcher explained. "I've been traveling Sornieth trying to find out the meaning of a dream I had a long time ago, spelling doom and gloom and storms coming on the horizon." Blackwolf shuddered. "This is the place everything is going to go down, and I want to help fight against it. It sounds like, if this vault holds something as powerful as you think it does, this could very well play a role in the darkness to come." Gillian and Violet exchanged looks, trying to figure out if they would trust the pearlcatcher. "What do you suggest?" Gillian asked, shifting over to allow the pearlcatcher a space to sit. It looked like their team was growing. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/70#post_41000650]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist[/center] ----- The new dragon from today's pull is coming, but isn't here quite yet. You see, a few days ago CleverDual hatched the most perfect little wildclaw and I've been waiting for an excuse to take her. CleverDual hasn't had the chance to send her over to me yet, and I wanted to write, so she'll be introduced later, when she's in my lair properly. Also, special thanks to @AlchemyFox for letting me use their ridgeback tunnel network idea for my lore!

Day 79: Tunnels
Palefoot Tadhop
Sentence: New Dragon

dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

"You wanted to speak with me?" Darkstar called into the dark, empty building. Yesterday morning, she had received a strange note on her doorstep providing an invitation for the chance of a lifetime, along with directions to a meeting point and the password needed to get there. She was starting to wonder if this was some elaborate prank. Feeling stupid, the ridgeback turned to go.

"You came," A voice echoed through the room. Out of the darkness, a wildclaw melted. Her scales were stained with soot and oil, but she held herself with a regality Darkstar couldn't help but admire. A gem guardian whizzed around beside her, bursting with energy.
40857691_350.png
31009.png

"I was beginning to wonder if I had the right place," Darkstar commented. "Why the secrecy?"

"Jett and Thorburn both wanted to meet with you themselves, but I figured this was the sort of conversation best handled with tact," Juliette said, eyes gleaming. "I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea."

"Now you're just making me nervous," Darkstar huffed. "Can we just cut through this needless exposition and get to the point?"

"There is a treasure buried somewhere in the Tangled Wood, one that holds not only great riches, but also a very powerful machine, created by the Thunderforge," Juliette explained. Darkstar winced. "Oh, you've heard of them?"

"How do you think I got these scars?" Darkstar growled, fanning her wings. "You're not working for them, are you? Because if you are I want nothing to do with this."

"My husband has had dealings with them, as business partners to a certain extent. But no, we run our own show," Juliette grinned. "I need your help because of the network of ridgeback tunnels that span across all of Sornieth. Legend has it that this vault is buried beneath the ground, so if anyone can locate it, its going to be a ridgeback. With all the digging you do, its bound to be caught up somewhere."

"Those tunnels are like a labyrinth, you know that right?" Darkstar asked. "Even with my help, it would be very difficult to find."

"I know, but you're our best hope," Juliette said, her stoic facade breaking to show a hint of emotion beneath.

"Tell me something. Why is it so important you find this vault?" Darkstar asked.

"Well, for one, my husband is always looking for any chance he has to get rich, so I won't deny that's a part of it," Juliette admitted. "But personally? This city once belonged to my family. They ruled for generations, but that broke off when a band of rebels sought to overthrow the kingdom. They sent me and my sister away to keep us safe, never telling us about our heritage, but brother, their heir, went insane and joined the rebels. He is the reason the city is as broken as it is."

"Talk about drama," Darkstar whistled.

"I don't blame my parents for sending me away, though I am upset my aunt never told me the truth about where I came from," Juliette continued. "I don't particularly want to be queen, I'm happy being a mechanic and helping Thorburn with the odd job, but I have to fix my brother's mistakes. I know Age is a benevolent queen, but she won't be on the throne forever. Maybe her kids are decent folk, but corruption will return, it always will. I want my kingdom to thrive, and it cannot do that if the crown is confined to one bloodline. Age is a dragon who values tradition, she won't make the change. This is our chance to rebuild the clan to its former glory, but I won't let it make the mistakes my family made in the past. If we were to have another Fabian, I don't know that the clan would stand by and let that happen, nor would I want it to. We can't have dragons feeling so helpless to change things that their only hope is revolution. we must build something better, something that gives every dragon a chance and a voice."

"And what does this have to do with what's in the vault? I'm afraid you've lost me," Darkstar shook her head.

"No one knows what Crius hid away in that vault all those years ago, but whatever it is is powerful," Juliette explained. "I'm mostly interested in it to satisfy my own technological curiosity, but if there's any chance it can make this kingdom stronger, and give it a fighting chance, you can bet I'm using it."

"And you need my help to get it," Darkstar repeated.

"Exactly," Juliette nodded. "You don't need to give your answer right away, I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do, but I thought I'd give you the option. You won't go unrewarded either. There's enough treasure in there to build a kingdom. There's more than enough for you to get a hefty share of the hoard. I believe in giving everyone their equal share."

"I'll think about it," Darkstar promised, finding herself wondering what Ragna would think about Juliette and her proposition.

"Take all the time you need. Just let me know when you've decided," Juliette smiled.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=54433580&skin=0&apparel=750,1753,21243,21292,21300,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png

"I feel as though we're going in circles," Violet frowned as she looked at the map once more. She was beginning to grow frustrated with this whole quest.

"We'll figure it out," Gillian promised, but even he seemed to be growing doubtful.

"What's the point in even having a map if we don't even know where we are in the Tangled Wood at any given moment!" Violet growled in frustration, almost spilling her drink as she slammed it down on the tavern table.

"Still, we have to find it before Thorburn does. Whatever is in the vault, it's more powerful a creation than any dragon should have. We have to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. If Thorburn doesn't keep it for himself, I'm sure he'll just sell it to the highest bidder." Gillian pointed out.

"I know. It's just getting frustrating. I feel like we're chasing our own tails," Violet huffed.

"Maybe I could help," A pearlcatcher said, sauntering up to the table. Violet and Gillian quickly moved to hide their stuff from view, horrified that they had been overheard.
48760421_350.png

"Relax, I'm not trying to steal anything from you, though I can see why you would be wary of that," The pearlcatcher chuckled. "If you want to make sure no one else dips in on your little plan though, maybe you should find a more private meeting space."

"Who are you," Violet growled, finding herself growing defensive.

"The name's Blackwolf, and I've been looking for a chance to speak with you two for quite some time," The pearlcatcher explained. "I've been traveling Sornieth trying to find out the meaning of a dream I had a long time ago, spelling doom and gloom and storms coming on the horizon." Blackwolf shuddered. "This is the place everything is going to go down, and I want to help fight against it. It sounds like, if this vault holds something as powerful as you think it does, this could very well play a role in the darkness to come."

Gillian and Violet exchanged looks, trying to figure out if they would trust the pearlcatcher.

"What do you suggest?" Gillian asked, shifting over to allow the pearlcatcher a space to sit. It looked like their team was growing.

The new dragon from today's pull is coming, but isn't here quite yet. You see, a few days ago CleverDual hatched the most perfect little wildclaw and I've been waiting for an excuse to take her. CleverDual hasn't had the chance to send her over to me yet, and I wanted to write, so she'll be introduced later, when she's in my lair properly.

Also, special thanks to @AlchemyFox for letting me use their ridgeback tunnel network idea for my lore!
Oooh, this vault is really starting to intrigue me.
Oooh, this vault is really starting to intrigue me.
Hehe, you are again, most welcome!

Hmm... I feel like Juliette and Age just need to talk at some point, because they have the same sort of goal in mind...
Hehe, you are again, most welcome!

Hmm... I feel like Juliette and Age just need to talk at some point, because they have the same sort of goal in mind...
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@Sabariel

hehehe

@AlchemyFox

They really do! i was thinking that as I was writing it! The more I write, the more I realize that no one is specifically the 'bad guy' (except for maybe Heaven), they're all just characters with different goals and varying levels of compassion for other dragons. It's all a matter of perspective (which is not to say that no one hurts each other or that their actions don't have negative consequences, but its a lot more complex than simply having characters defined as 'good' or 'bad').
@Sabariel

hehehe

@AlchemyFox

They really do! i was thinking that as I was writing it! The more I write, the more I realize that no one is specifically the 'bad guy' (except for maybe Heaven), they're all just characters with different goals and varying levels of compassion for other dragons. It's all a matter of perspective (which is not to say that no one hurts each other or that their actions don't have negative consequences, but its a lot more complex than simply having characters defined as 'good' or 'bad').
...wait is the Thunderforge thing related to the lorebooks? I feel like maybe it is but it's hard to say just yet.
...wait is the Thunderforge thing related to the lorebooks? I feel like maybe it is but it's hard to say just yet.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Petall

Oooh, this is getting exciting!
@Petall

Oooh, this is getting exciting!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sakura | she/her
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Seeking Feb 23rd G1s!