Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 141 142
@Petall

I haven't had much spare time lately, but I really have enjoyed the parts I've gotten through so far. Almost done with the intro, oof

Mind adding me to the pinglist?^^
@Petall

I haven't had much spare time lately, but I really have enjoyed the parts I've gotten through so far. Almost done with the intro, oof

Mind adding me to the pinglist?^^
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Oh hey, I have a scarred Ridgie too!
Oh hey, I have a scarred Ridgie too!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@Orodruin

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'll add you to the pinglist right away!

@MisterMyles

Eyyy that's so cool! Can I see your scarred ridgie???
@Orodruin

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'll add you to the pinglist right away!

@MisterMyles

Eyyy that's so cool! Can I see your scarred ridgie???
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

So I found this because Gillian just so happens to be the grandchild of two of my dragons and honestly, I'm really glad I read through everything. I'm really invested and I can't wait to see what happens next, so, with that said, could I possibly be added to the pinglist?
@Petall

So I found this because Gillian just so happens to be the grandchild of two of my dragons and honestly, I'm really glad I read through everything. I'm really invested and I can't wait to see what happens next, so, with that said, could I possibly be added to the pinglist?
@SkullGeist

Oh my goodness that's amazing???? Which dragons are the grandparents???? This is so exciting for me oh my goodness! You can definitely be on the pinglist!

(Also, do you have lore for the grandparents? because if you wanted to I'd love to find a way to tie them in to his story as well! I was lucky that his other grandparents were in a dead lair and so I sort of took a free reign on them, but if you are a lore clan I'd love to collaborate on something!)
@SkullGeist

Oh my goodness that's amazing???? Which dragons are the grandparents???? This is so exciting for me oh my goodness! You can definitely be on the pinglist!

(Also, do you have lore for the grandparents? because if you wanted to I'd love to find a way to tie them in to his story as well! I was lucky that his other grandparents were in a dead lair and so I sort of took a free reign on them, but if you are a lore clan I'd love to collaborate on something!)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Of course! Meet Glint. She will bite your toes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53586551] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/535866/53586551_350.png[/img] [/url]
Of course!

Meet Glint. She will bite your toes.

53586551_350.png

8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/67#post_40925339]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 78: Stay Out of Trouble[/u][/b] [item=black orpington][item=stuffed pincushion] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, Art[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54489021][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ever since Bailaduel's death, Karma had begun spending more time around The Siren's Call; when she wasn't helping Bone and Pomona with Cedric and Caroll, that is. It seemed like all of a sudden, everything she did was for other dragons; she very rarely had time for herself anymore. Maybe that should have bothered her, but her family needed her right now. Her mother acted like Bailaduel's death hadn't hurt her. After all, she had turned her back on her daughter long ago, but Karma knew her mother well enough to know that the scars of her childhood still cut deep, and the loss of such a predominant figure did nothing for the closure she needed. She now forgot things, and Karma found herself picking up the pieces when something dropped. She took on shifts in the tavern again. "How are Cecily and Lucian doing?" Karma asked while helping her mother dry the dishes as Seaberry washed. "Hmm?" Seaberry asked, clearly not paying attention. "Cecily and Lucian. How are they doing with all of this? I haven't seen them around much. I mean, they never met Bailaduel, but still. This is bound to have an impact," Karma pushed. "Oh, that," Her mother's voice sounded flat. "I don't know." "Mom, you can't just close off like this. You can't become her," Karma snapped, feeling a surge of irritation. She still hadn't forgiven her grandmother for what she had done to the family and her friend. Bailaduel and Jett were two dragons the spiral simply had not sympathy for. "I know Karma," Seaberry shot back. "That's not what I'm doing. Cecily and Lucian are adults now, they do things without telling me. Their moving on with their lives, just like you have." "Mom, we're not abandoning you-" Karma began. "I know that," Seaberry snapped back. "I'm proud of you all, I really am. You have opportunities I never had. You have friends who care about you and you have each other. I never had any of that and nothing makes me happier than seeing you get to live the lives you want. That's not what this is about." "Then talk to me, Mom. What's going on?" Karma asked. When had she become so sensitive? Bone and Pomona had really rubbed off on her. "I just can't help but feeling that in all of this, I've never found anything that's lasted," Seaberry sighed. "My mom cared about me once, but then my dad betrayed her and she lost trust in everything. I knew Jett was never going to be more than a fling, but Zeal-" The older spiral sighed. "I don't want to turn into what she was. I don't want to die alone and pathetic, like she did. All I've ever wanted was to find someone who would stand by me, no matter what. Be there for me in a way my mom never could. I thought Zeal was that, but I was wrong. You kids are my everything, but you can't stay behind for me. I refuse to hold you back that way. I just wish I didn't feel so lonely all the time." "What about Webb?" Karma asked, a knowing gaze entering her eye. The imperial had begun stopping by the tavern regularly. He [i]said[/i] it was to keep an eye out for Jett and any sort of trouble, as after the Starfall Ball he had been hired on as an official soldier of the crown, but Karma had seen the way he looked at her mother. Karma didn't trust most men, but he seemed pretty honorable as far as men went. "He is cute, isn't he?" Seaberry chuckled. "But no. After Zeal, I don't know if I could do all that again." "Mom, what was it you just said? About not wanting to turn into Bailaduel?" Karma asked, not believing she was actually [i]advocating[/i] for this relationship. "You can't close yourself off just because you got hurt, no matter how bad it was." Seaberry sighed. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" The spiral shook her head. Suddenly, there was a click of the back door opening. "That would be your brother. Do you want to talk to him?" She nodded towards the back. "Yeah, actually, I do," Karma said. She put down her towel. "Are you good?" "Always, my love," Seaberry smiled. "You go on, see Lucian." Karma cracked a smile and dashed out of the kitchen, just intercepting the fae as he was going for the stairs up to his room. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh, hey Karma!" Lucian smirked. "How're you doing?" "I'm alright," Karma responded. "What about you?" "Things are pretty good," Lucian nodded. There was something twinkling behind his eyes, as if he held a secret. Karma didn't push. He would tell her if he wanted to. "Is Cecily with you?" Karma asked. "Nah," Lucian shook his head. "She's been spending more time with Bahat lately, didn'tcha know?" "Bahat?" Karma reeled back. "Yeah, she really likes him," Lucian shrugged. "I think he really likes her too. They're a thing or something. Maybe not officially, but I'm sure they will be soon." "Why the little-" Karma growled. "I'm sure she didn't tell you because she knew you'd react like this," Lucian pointed out. "You've made your thoughts on romantic relationships pretty clear." "And what about you? Is that where you've been running off to?" Karma pressed, to flustered to hold back her questions anymore. Lucian laughed. "No, I've found something much better!" There was that glimmer again. "Oh, and what is that?" Karma pursed her lips. Lucian faltered, looking away sheepishly. "I dunno sis, you might get pretty angry at me anyways." "Well, you can't just say that an not tell me anything," Karma huffed. "Spill." "You know Jett?" Lucian said, shifting his weight from foot to foot. "Yeah, of course I know Jett! He's my deadbeat dad who I want nothing to do with," Karma growled. "Yeah, I thought you'd react like that," Lucian whispered quietly. "Goodbye." "Wait!" Karma hissed as the far turned to continue up the stairs. "You're not working for him, are you?" Lucian looked away, not answering. That was a yes. "Luce," Karma said softly, trying to reign in her anger. "Look, you can't tell me what to do! He offered me treasure, and lots of it! Didn't you hear him at the ball? A kingdom where any dragon can build their own destiny?" Lucian asked, eyes lighting up as he spoke. "I know you won't understand because you're friends with one of [i]them[/i], but wouldn't you rather live in a clan where dragons can choose who they want to be? Where a dragon can climb the ranks through hard work? Why should a dragon get all the fame and glory simply because they hatched in the right family? What of us who don't have a family, not really." "Lucian, you have a family," Karma pleaded, though she was beginning to see where his anger was coming from. "Not biologically," Lucian pointed out. Karma knew he was going to say that. "I have no idea where I came from. All I know is my egg appeared in the city, just like everyone else. I don't know who my parents are. I don't even know if I even [i]have[/i] parents. You're lucky. Our family may not be perfect, but you know where you came from. I'll probably never know." Karma sighed. "Lucian, don't approve of the way you're going about this, but I'm not going to stop you. I know this is important to you as you figure yourself out. Just promise me you'll listen to me if you're going to far." "Karma, you know I can't make that promise," Lucian said darkly. "Now, I've had a really long day and I'd really like to get to bed. Goodnight Karma, I love you." "I love you too," Karma sighed, drooping as her brother disappeared upstairs. She heard his door slam shut. Try as she might, it seemed like just when she thought she had a handle on things, everything shifted again. Why couldn't other dragons be predictable for once? ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/69#post_40960687]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist [/center] ----- I figured I should do a proper followup with Bailaduel's death with her other side of the family. Plus, it was nice to write some family stuff considering its Thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend. I was lucky for the art pull, because yesterday the Inktober prompt was dragon and I drew Dusk! So here it is: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6ba56f46bdcb940e7f51f225baff750a/8530675a1e16fd6c-8b/s640x960/de6e1fb09a7af3096436c8bacb9736975d2a1127.jpg[/img] Also, yesterday I took Bonegnasher, Webb and Darkstar into the Coli. Darkstar made it to level 3, but neither Webb and Bone leveled up at all, because I was in the training fields all day. (I tried one battle in the Woodland Path once Darkstar got to level 3 to try to level them all up faster, but the encounter was a double basilisk and everyone came very close to dying, so I figured I'd play it safe.)

Day 78: Stay Out of Trouble
Black Orpington Stuffed Pincushion
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, Art

dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png

Ever since Bailaduel's death, Karma had begun spending more time around The Siren's Call; when she wasn't helping Bone and Pomona with Cedric and Caroll, that is. It seemed like all of a sudden, everything she did was for other dragons; she very rarely had time for herself anymore. Maybe that should have bothered her, but her family needed her right now.

Her mother acted like Bailaduel's death hadn't hurt her. After all, she had turned her back on her daughter long ago, but Karma knew her mother well enough to know that the scars of her childhood still cut deep, and the loss of such a predominant figure did nothing for the closure she needed. She now forgot things, and Karma found herself picking up the pieces when something dropped. She took on shifts in the tavern again.

"How are Cecily and Lucian doing?" Karma asked while helping her mother dry the dishes as Seaberry washed.

"Hmm?" Seaberry asked, clearly not paying attention.

"Cecily and Lucian. How are they doing with all of this? I haven't seen them around much. I mean, they never met Bailaduel, but still. This is bound to have an impact," Karma pushed.

"Oh, that," Her mother's voice sounded flat. "I don't know."

"Mom, you can't just close off like this. You can't become her," Karma snapped, feeling a surge of irritation. She still hadn't forgiven her grandmother for what she had done to the family and her friend. Bailaduel and Jett were two dragons the spiral simply had not sympathy for.

"I know Karma," Seaberry shot back. "That's not what I'm doing. Cecily and Lucian are adults now, they do things without telling me. Their moving on with their lives, just like you have."

"Mom, we're not abandoning you-" Karma began.

"I know that," Seaberry snapped back. "I'm proud of you all, I really am. You have opportunities I never had. You have friends who care about you and you have each other. I never had any of that and nothing makes me happier than seeing you get to live the lives you want. That's not what this is about."

"Then talk to me, Mom. What's going on?" Karma asked. When had she become so sensitive? Bone and Pomona had really rubbed off on her.

"I just can't help but feeling that in all of this, I've never found anything that's lasted," Seaberry sighed. "My mom cared about me once, but then my dad betrayed her and she lost trust in everything. I knew Jett was never going to be more than a fling, but Zeal-" The older spiral sighed. "I don't want to turn into what she was. I don't want to die alone and pathetic, like she did. All I've ever wanted was to find someone who would stand by me, no matter what. Be there for me in a way my mom never could. I thought Zeal was that, but I was wrong. You kids are my everything, but you can't stay behind for me. I refuse to hold you back that way. I just wish I didn't feel so lonely all the time."

"What about Webb?" Karma asked, a knowing gaze entering her eye. The imperial had begun stopping by the tavern regularly. He said it was to keep an eye out for Jett and any sort of trouble, as after the Starfall Ball he had been hired on as an official soldier of the crown, but Karma had seen the way he looked at her mother. Karma didn't trust most men, but he seemed pretty honorable as far as men went.

"He is cute, isn't he?" Seaberry chuckled. "But no. After Zeal, I don't know if I could do all that again."

"Mom, what was it you just said? About not wanting to turn into Bailaduel?" Karma asked, not believing she was actually advocating for this relationship. "You can't close yourself off just because you got hurt, no matter how bad it was."

Seaberry sighed. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" The spiral shook her head. Suddenly, there was a click of the back door opening. "That would be your brother. Do you want to talk to him?" She nodded towards the back.

"Yeah, actually, I do," Karma said. She put down her towel. "Are you good?"

"Always, my love," Seaberry smiled. "You go on, see Lucian."

Karma cracked a smile and dashed out of the kitchen, just intercepting the fae as he was going for the stairs up to his room.
scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png

"Oh, hey Karma!" Lucian smirked. "How're you doing?"

"I'm alright," Karma responded. "What about you?"

"Things are pretty good," Lucian nodded. There was something twinkling behind his eyes, as if he held a secret. Karma didn't push. He would tell her if he wanted to.

"Is Cecily with you?" Karma asked.

"Nah," Lucian shook his head. "She's been spending more time with Bahat lately, didn'tcha know?"

"Bahat?" Karma reeled back.

"Yeah, she really likes him," Lucian shrugged. "I think he really likes her too. They're a thing or something. Maybe not officially, but I'm sure they will be soon."

"Why the little-" Karma growled.

"I'm sure she didn't tell you because she knew you'd react like this," Lucian pointed out. "You've made your thoughts on romantic relationships pretty clear."

"And what about you? Is that where you've been running off to?" Karma pressed, to flustered to hold back her questions anymore.

Lucian laughed. "No, I've found something much better!" There was that glimmer again.

"Oh, and what is that?" Karma pursed her lips.

Lucian faltered, looking away sheepishly. "I dunno sis, you might get pretty angry at me anyways."

"Well, you can't just say that an not tell me anything," Karma huffed. "Spill."

"You know Jett?" Lucian said, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"Yeah, of course I know Jett! He's my deadbeat dad who I want nothing to do with," Karma growled.

"Yeah, I thought you'd react like that," Lucian whispered quietly. "Goodbye."

"Wait!" Karma hissed as the far turned to continue up the stairs. "You're not working for him, are you?"

Lucian looked away, not answering. That was a yes.

"Luce," Karma said softly, trying to reign in her anger.

"Look, you can't tell me what to do! He offered me treasure, and lots of it! Didn't you hear him at the ball? A kingdom where any dragon can build their own destiny?" Lucian asked, eyes lighting up as he spoke. "I know you won't understand because you're friends with one of them, but wouldn't you rather live in a clan where dragons can choose who they want to be? Where a dragon can climb the ranks through hard work? Why should a dragon get all the fame and glory simply because they hatched in the right family? What of us who don't have a family, not really."

"Lucian, you have a family," Karma pleaded, though she was beginning to see where his anger was coming from.

"Not biologically," Lucian pointed out. Karma knew he was going to say that. "I have no idea where I came from. All I know is my egg appeared in the city, just like everyone else. I don't know who my parents are. I don't even know if I even have parents. You're lucky. Our family may not be perfect, but you know where you came from. I'll probably never know."

Karma sighed. "Lucian, don't approve of the way you're going about this, but I'm not going to stop you. I know this is important to you as you figure yourself out. Just promise me you'll listen to me if you're going to far."

"Karma, you know I can't make that promise," Lucian said darkly. "Now, I've had a really long day and I'd really like to get to bed. Goodnight Karma, I love you."

"I love you too," Karma sighed, drooping as her brother disappeared upstairs. She heard his door slam shut.

Try as she might, it seemed like just when she thought she had a handle on things, everything shifted again. Why couldn't other dragons be predictable for once?

I figured I should do a proper followup with Bailaduel's death with her other side of the family. Plus, it was nice to write some family stuff considering its Thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend.

I was lucky for the art pull, because yesterday the Inktober prompt was dragon and I drew Dusk! So here it is:
de6e1fb09a7af3096436c8bacb9736975d2a1127.jpg

Also, yesterday I took Bonegnasher, Webb and Darkstar into the Coli. Darkstar made it to level 3, but neither Webb and Bone leveled up at all, because I was in the training fields all day. (I tried one battle in the Woodland Path once Darkstar got to level 3 to try to level them all up faster, but the encounter was a double basilisk and everyone came very close to dying, so I figured I'd play it safe.)
@MisterMylez

She's beautiful!!! I love that she and Darkstar have the same accent!
@MisterMylez

She's beautiful!!! I love that she and Darkstar have the same accent!
@Petall *blink* Ngl, I actually forgot about Webb, so I'm glad you mentioned him. It's nice to see Karma and Seaberry slowly figuring out their relationships together. Although poor Lucian -- he has so, so much to learn, and I have the feeling his education won't be very gentle.
@Petall *blink* Ngl, I actually forgot about Webb, so I'm glad you mentioned him. It's nice to see Karma and Seaberry slowly figuring out their relationships together. Although poor Lucian -- he has so, so much to learn, and I have the feeling his education won't be very gentle.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Petall

Ah, the multilayered meaning of 'What did I ever do to deserve you?'...
On one hand, your daughter is giving you a justified pep-talk, solid companionship and much-needed help, and is trying to tie her family together come hell or high water, whether they want to be or not, and that's all very admirable and amazing...

On the other hand...

You can tell that Seaberry just wants to bop Karma on the head for being a nosy noodle.

And what you did to deserve such a double-edged treasure (literally and figuratively), is have snuggles with a about-to-be-married dragon, who because of those snuggles didn't completely doom the entire kingdom... well, not at that particular time, anyway.
@Petall

Ah, the multilayered meaning of 'What did I ever do to deserve you?'...
On one hand, your daughter is giving you a justified pep-talk, solid companionship and much-needed help, and is trying to tie her family together come hell or high water, whether they want to be or not, and that's all very admirable and amazing...

On the other hand...

You can tell that Seaberry just wants to bop Karma on the head for being a nosy noodle.

And what you did to deserve such a double-edged treasure (literally and figuratively), is have snuggles with a about-to-be-married dragon, who because of those snuggles didn't completely doom the entire kingdom... well, not at that particular time, anyway.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 141 142