Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 141 142
@Dynami

She was one of my favourites too (don't tell the others)...

Yeah, there was so much more I wanted to do with her, but such is the way of life sometimes. Especially in a Pinkerlocke.

We'll get to Ragna and Bridget soon....
@Dynami

She was one of my favourites too (don't tell the others)...

Yeah, there was so much more I wanted to do with her, but such is the way of life sometimes. Especially in a Pinkerlocke.

We'll get to Ragna and Bridget soon....
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

NO!!! Bailaduel had so much potential D: if no one else takes her, you can send her to me, but since I just took in Dawn others might want a chance too!
@Petall

NO!!! Bailaduel had so much potential D: if no one else takes her, you can send her to me, but since I just took in Dawn others might want a chance too!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

Sounds good! If no one else claims her by the deadline, you can have her!
@Tirtouga678

Sounds good! If no one else claims her by the deadline, you can have her!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Oh no, not Bailaduel! That scene was so emotional, you wrote it so well! I felt Coldstorms pain in my heart... And Ulf too. And those new babies! [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=spiral love size=1] [s]This is making me want to start a Pinkerlocke... I tried writing a nuzlocke once and gave up. I want redemption.[/s]
@Petall

Oh no, not Bailaduel! That scene was so emotional, you wrote it so well! I felt Coldstorms pain in my heart... And Ulf too.

And those new babies!

This is making me want to start a Pinkerlocke... I tried writing a nuzlocke once and gave up. I want redemption.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sakura | she/her
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Seeking Feb 23rd G1s!
lair spotlight >
92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo Thank you! [emoji=heart size=1] I can't wait to develop them more fully into characters! Especially Caroll! [s]Do it!!! I'd read it!!![/s]
@Tiffkaboo

Thank you!

I can't wait to develop them more fully into characters! Especially Caroll!

Do it!!! I'd read it!!!
@Petall *crawls in* Finally I have time to reeeeeaaadd! And wow, this chapter was [i]intense[/i]. o.O The chase between Coldstorm and Frederick, and then Bailaduel rushing to defend her son. The part about her refusing the antidote was very nicely done, as well as the part with Ulf. It really drove home how little time Bailaduel had spent with Coldstorm, that he didn't feel as much grief as Ulf did at her passing. Sadness aside, Pomona and Bone have some cute kids! I also read your post-chapter notes and am so glad it wasn't Cantarelli who croaked, plus they also explained Ulf's grief more clearly. That Frederick is now on very, very thin ice. Good thing he scarpered when he did. I think Ulf would've straight-up stomped him flat. [emoji=snapper scared size=1]
@Petall *crawls in* Finally I have time to reeeeeaaadd! And wow, this chapter was intense. o.O The chase between Coldstorm and Frederick, and then Bailaduel rushing to defend her son. The part about her refusing the antidote was very nicely done, as well as the part with Ulf. It really drove home how little time Bailaduel had spent with Coldstorm, that he didn't feel as much grief as Ulf did at her passing.

Sadness aside, Pomona and Bone have some cute kids! I also read your post-chapter notes and am so glad it wasn't Cantarelli who croaked, plus they also explained Ulf's grief more clearly.

That Frederick is now on very, very thin ice. Good thing he scarpered when he did. I think Ulf would've straight-up stomped him flat.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Yeah! As soon as I got that death streak, I knew homework would have to wait so I could write it. Although it's not how I wanted Bailaduel's arc to go, I feel I was able to do her some justice while wrapping things up a little bit. I think the rawness of not having everything wrapped up perfectly also will be a nice testament to the impact of her life on her family, because even if she were to grasp a full redemption, I wouldn't want that to erase the pain her brashness caused. Somehow, Frederick has been here all of one week (in real time, not fr time) and managed to get on the bad side of quite possibly the two most dangerous dragons in the clan. This is not looking good for him. [emoji=snapper scared size=2]
@Disillusionist

Yeah! As soon as I got that death streak, I knew homework would have to wait so I could write it. Although it's not how I wanted Bailaduel's arc to go, I feel I was able to do her some justice while wrapping things up a little bit. I think the rawness of not having everything wrapped up perfectly also will be a nice testament to the impact of her life on her family, because even if she were to grasp a full redemption, I wouldn't want that to erase the pain her brashness caused.

Somehow, Frederick has been here all of one week (in real time, not fr time) and managed to get on the bad side of quite possibly the two most dangerous dragons in the clan. This is not looking good for him.
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/66#post_40897343]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 77: Darkstar[/u][/b] [item=black iron spider][item=grassland skira] Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles, New Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55577258][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=29&breed=17&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=164&tertgene=26&winggene=29&wings=68&auth=b79ae79f76e0f90363352ad1a1ddc39e1bdd7b8b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55717682][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55717682&skin=0&apparel=12908,12922,6269&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Now remember," Ragna told the young tundra, "At this point, the Shade fragment within you is a part of you, and it is extremely difficult to remove without killing you in the process. Since I promised your parents I'd keep you alive and well, you're going to have to learn to keep it under control. I've never had to kill one of my students before, and I'd like to keep it that way." Bridget nodded, determination flaring in her eyes. Ragna grinned. The tundra made for a good student. She was eager to prove herself and to gain a wider knowledge of the world around her. That would serve her well in her life. "Now, show me what we've been practicing," Ragna ordered. "Try accessing your elemental magic without pulling from the Shade." "But Ragna," The young dragon piped up. "What does the Shade do?" The gaoler didn't have a chance to respond. There was a sudden flash of light in the clearing they were practicing in, and a ridgeback appeared before the pair. The newcomer looked around and swore. Ragna winced, wishing Bridget hadn't heard such a word. She didn't condone cursing in [i]any[/i] form. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] All of a sudden, Ragna felt a flash of recognition. She knew this ridgeback, though she had been much smaller when they last met, and the scars that laced her body had not yet come into existence. "Darkstar?" Ragna asked, leaving her student to go give the ridgeback a closer look. "Ragna?" The ridgeback asked. "What are you doing in this dump of a place?" "Teaching," Ragna responded, feeling as though it should be obvious. Hadn't Darkstar once been one of her students? She hadn't been shade-touched, no, but she was one of the young dragons she had trained in Shade-fighting techniques. "Of course," Darkstar cracked a grin. "I remember our training sessions well. You're still at it then?" "As long as they is Shade in the world, I will continue to teach," Ragna confirmed. "Good on ya!" The ridgeback smirked. She was still quite young, out of her hatchling years but still with an evident spunk of youth. Of course, Ragna herself was not too much older. She had only just finished her own training when she had taken on Darkstar. "Have you still been practicing?" Ragna asked. "Not exactly," Darkstar scratched her head sheepishly. "I've actually turned from the path of a warrior to become a healer. I'm still learning. I was supposed to meet up with some healer here in Shadow, but I seem to have gotten lost." "If you are here, then this is where you need to be," Ragna said wisely. "This may seem like an ordinary run-down city, but let me tell you, it needs all thee help it can get. I'm sorry about whatever plans you had before, but it's clear the deities need you here now." Darkstar swore again, then caught sight of Ragna's reproachful glare. It was then that her gaze shifted to Bridget for the first time. The tundra was staring wide-eyed at the ridgeback. Still, she didn't want Bridget picking anything up. How would she explain that to her parents? "Sorry kid," Darkstar said, raising an eyebrow at Bridget. "Training going well?" To her credit, Bridget nodded enthusiastically, a warm glow in her eyes. "I'm learning so much," she said softly. "Good, Ragna's a good teacher. Learn all you can from her and it just might save your life. It did mine," Darkstar whistled. And with that, she began to saunter away. "Maybe I'll see ya around, if Ragna's right about destiny and all that. She usually is." Bridget watched her go, clearly star-struck. "Back to training?" Ragna pushed. "Did she say she was learning [i]healing[/i]?" Bridget asked, not answering the gaoler's question. "That's such a useful subject! We don't really have any healers in a kingdom! Well, unless you count Cantarelli and her methods are unconventional at best. We could really use more of that knowledge, couldn't we? Maybe I should learn some healing, just so we're prepared. Oh! I bet she knows so much! Can I go talk to her, please? I want to learn more!" "After we do some more training," Ragna promised. Bridget often got distracted by other dragons, curious at the knowledge they had to offer. One afternoon their training session had gotten completely derailed because the young tundra had thought that she had seen a pink wildclaw lurking in the thicket and had the sudden urge to question her to learn about stealth tactics and spying. As Bridget stared off in the distance, disregarding Ragna's words, the gaoler knew that her attention was once more gone. It would be another lost afternoon of training. She sighed, wondering how much time she had before this city would crack. She just hoped she could do enough before it did. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31686.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Jett!" Scoril called, running towards where the wildclaw was lounging, tossing a copper coin in the air and catching it. "Yo!" Jett smirked. "What's up?" "I sent my gem guardian out to scout the city, and it came back with some interesting news," Scoril said, unable to keep the grin off her face. "Oh?" Jett asked, perking up a little. "A ridgeback has arrived," Scoril announced. "Really?" Jett jumped to his feet, letting the copper coin fall to the floor. "You aren't kidding?" "Would I joke about something like this?" Scoril shot back. "No, of course not, but Score, do you know what this means?" Jett lit up, his dazzling smile stretching across his face. "If we can get her on our side before Violet and Gillian do, the treasure is basically ours," Scoril confirmed. It looked like things were starting to go right after all. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/68#post_40948379]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo[/center] ----- I am loving all these new dragons, but I've got to have some time to integrate them properly! Still, I am super hyped to have Darkstar now! Her theme song actually has some pretty interesting implications for how her and Dusk's relationship is going to be. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun couple of character arcs to write... It's not what I was expecting, that's for sure! [emoji=ridgeback winking size=2] Feel free to check out her song if you want, or you can wait to read it for yourself! Yesterday in the Coli I took in Hollyn, Larkin and Frederick. Since Larkin was level 7, I had to take them into the Woodland Path, which was terrifying with Hollyn and Frederick at level 1 (mostly for Hollyn's sake. It would probably break me if she were to die and Virtue was left on her own). But the two pulled through rather well! Hollyn and Frederick made it to level 4, and Larkin leveled up to level 8, making her my highest level dragon in the Pinkerlocke once more!

Day 77: Darkstar
Black Iron Spider Grassland Skira
Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles, New Dragon

dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=29&breed=17&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=164&tertgene=26&winggene=29&wings=68&auth=b79ae79f76e0f90363352ad1a1ddc39e1bdd7b8b&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?did=55717682&skin=0&apparel=12908,12922,6269&xt=dressing.png

"Now remember," Ragna told the young tundra, "At this point, the Shade fragment within you is a part of you, and it is extremely difficult to remove without killing you in the process. Since I promised your parents I'd keep you alive and well, you're going to have to learn to keep it under control. I've never had to kill one of my students before, and I'd like to keep it that way."

Bridget nodded, determination flaring in her eyes. Ragna grinned. The tundra made for a good student. She was eager to prove herself and to gain a wider knowledge of the world around her. That would serve her well in her life.

"Now, show me what we've been practicing," Ragna ordered. "Try accessing your elemental magic without pulling from the Shade."

"But Ragna," The young dragon piped up. "What does the Shade do?"

The gaoler didn't have a chance to respond. There was a sudden flash of light in the clearing they were practicing in, and a ridgeback appeared before the pair. The newcomer looked around and swore. Ragna winced, wishing Bridget hadn't heard such a word. She didn't condone cursing in any form.
dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

All of a sudden, Ragna felt a flash of recognition. She knew this ridgeback, though she had been much smaller when they last met, and the scars that laced her body had not yet come into existence.

"Darkstar?" Ragna asked, leaving her student to go give the ridgeback a closer look.

"Ragna?" The ridgeback asked. "What are you doing in this dump of a place?"

"Teaching," Ragna responded, feeling as though it should be obvious. Hadn't Darkstar once been one of her students? She hadn't been shade-touched, no, but she was one of the young dragons she had trained in Shade-fighting techniques.

"Of course," Darkstar cracked a grin. "I remember our training sessions well. You're still at it then?"

"As long as they is Shade in the world, I will continue to teach," Ragna confirmed.

"Good on ya!" The ridgeback smirked. She was still quite young, out of her hatchling years but still with an evident spunk of youth. Of course, Ragna herself was not too much older. She had only just finished her own training when she had taken on Darkstar.

"Have you still been practicing?" Ragna asked.

"Not exactly," Darkstar scratched her head sheepishly. "I've actually turned from the path of a warrior to become a healer. I'm still learning. I was supposed to meet up with some healer here in Shadow, but I seem to have gotten lost."

"If you are here, then this is where you need to be," Ragna said wisely. "This may seem like an ordinary run-down city, but let me tell you, it needs all thee help it can get. I'm sorry about whatever plans you had before, but it's clear the deities need you here now."

Darkstar swore again, then caught sight of Ragna's reproachful glare. It was then that her gaze shifted to Bridget for the first time. The tundra was staring wide-eyed at the ridgeback. Still, she didn't want Bridget picking anything up. How would she explain that to her parents?

"Sorry kid," Darkstar said, raising an eyebrow at Bridget. "Training going well?"

To her credit, Bridget nodded enthusiastically, a warm glow in her eyes. "I'm learning so much," she said softly.

"Good, Ragna's a good teacher. Learn all you can from her and it just might save your life. It did mine," Darkstar whistled. And with that, she began to saunter away. "Maybe I'll see ya around, if Ragna's right about destiny and all that. She usually is."

Bridget watched her go, clearly star-struck.

"Back to training?" Ragna pushed.

"Did she say she was learning healing?" Bridget asked, not answering the gaoler's question. "That's such a useful subject! We don't really have any healers in a kingdom! Well, unless you count Cantarelli and her methods are unconventional at best. We could really use more of that knowledge, couldn't we? Maybe I should learn some healing, just so we're prepared. Oh! I bet she knows so much! Can I go talk to her, please? I want to learn more!"

"After we do some more training," Ragna promised. Bridget often got distracted by other dragons, curious at the knowledge they had to offer. One afternoon their training session had gotten completely derailed because the young tundra had thought that she had seen a pink wildclaw lurking in the thicket and had the sudden urge to question her to learn about stealth tactics and spying.

As Bridget stared off in the distance, disregarding Ragna's words, the gaoler knew that her attention was once more gone. It would be another lost afternoon of training. She sighed, wondering how much time she had before this city would crack. She just hoped she could do enough before it did.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png
31686.png
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png

"Jett!" Scoril called, running towards where the wildclaw was lounging, tossing a copper coin in the air and catching it.

"Yo!" Jett smirked. "What's up?"

"I sent my gem guardian out to scout the city, and it came back with some interesting news," Scoril said, unable to keep the grin off her face.

"Oh?" Jett asked, perking up a little.

"A ridgeback has arrived," Scoril announced.

"Really?" Jett jumped to his feet, letting the copper coin fall to the floor. "You aren't kidding?"

"Would I joke about something like this?" Scoril shot back.

"No, of course not, but Score, do you know what this means?" Jett lit up, his dazzling smile stretching across his face.

"If we can get her on our side before Violet and Gillian do, the treasure is basically ours," Scoril confirmed. It looked like things were starting to go right after all.

I am loving all these new dragons, but I've got to have some time to integrate them properly! Still, I am super hyped to have Darkstar now! Her theme song actually has some pretty interesting implications for how her and Dusk's relationship is going to be. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun couple of character arcs to write... It's not what I was expecting, that's for sure! Feel free to check out her song if you want, or you can wait to read it for yourself!

Yesterday in the Coli I took in Hollyn, Larkin and Frederick. Since Larkin was level 7, I had to take them into the Woodland Path, which was terrifying with Hollyn and Frederick at level 1 (mostly for Hollyn's sake. It would probably break me if she were to die and Virtue was left on her own). But the two pulled through rather well! Hollyn and Frederick made it to level 4, and Larkin leveled up to level 8, making her my highest level dragon in the Pinkerlocke once more!
@Petall Wow! Bridget looks fantastic in that outfit! It's nice to see her and Ragna getting along. I'm really digging Ragna's personality, btw. Straightforward, businesslike, not too much drama (yet? XD).

I noticed you'd changed your avatar a few days ago, and it's nice to meet Darkstar now! She seems like a dragon with A Past, and it seems like she, Ragna, and Bridget might have an interesting dynamic -- especially since it looks like Jett and Scoril want in on things too.
@Petall Wow! Bridget looks fantastic in that outfit! It's nice to see her and Ragna getting along. I'm really digging Ragna's personality, btw. Straightforward, businesslike, not too much drama (yet? XD).

I noticed you'd changed your avatar a few days ago, and it's nice to meet Darkstar now! She seems like a dragon with A Past, and it seems like she, Ragna, and Bridget might have an interesting dynamic -- especially since it looks like Jett and Scoril want in on things too.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I had a lot of fun dressing up Bridget, I even bought her glasses because it felt like she should have them XD.

Oh yeah, Darkstar is going to be fun!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I had a lot of fun dressing up Bridget, I even bought her glasses because it felt like she should have them XD.

Oh yeah, Darkstar is going to be fun!
1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 141 142