Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 141 142
@Petall

I read your whole locke in less than a day and I gotta say I'm in love with your characters and lore! I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
@Petall

I read your whole locke in less than a day and I gotta say I'm in love with your characters and lore! I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

Oh my goodness, you are so kind!!! I'll add you right away!!!
@Tiffkaboo

Oh my goodness, you are so kind!!! I'll add you right away!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/64#post_40869550]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 75: Fresh Jerky[/u][/b] [item=royal oyster][item=sparkling wasp] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles, 20-30 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54677424][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54677424&skin=0&apparel=23032,23026,23033,23031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842718][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558428/55842718_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Cantarelli teased her son with a small piece of jerky, giggling as he snapped at it, playfully trying to catch it in his mouth. His violet eyes shone as he leaped, flapping his tiny wings in an attempt to gain momentum. Cantarelli had never felt as much love for anything as she did for Dusk. She and Coldstorm had also had a daughter, but she had been taken by the curse and hurtled in the same flash of light they had been warned about. Having grown up in the Scarred Wasteland, where death was just an ordinary part of life, Cantarelli wasn't bothered by her disappearance. She had a son to focus on, and if the hatchlings were really taken to safety after hatching, her daughter would find her own way. Coldstorm, however, was struggling to come to terms with the loss of their daughter. He had taken to patrolling much more frequently in the hopes of finding her. Cantarelli joined him sometimes, but she soon grew bored with the search and returned to the shop she had opened up on the edge of the market district, bordering the wilderness of the knowledge district. It was a rather simple shop, designed to help others survive. She sold food and water rations, equipment, healing supplies and a number of other rather helpful objects. Of course, business wasn't exactly booming, but Cantarelli wanted to be prepared in case anyone needed anything. She even had a room in the back for emergency medical procedures. She didn't want to be caught off guard like she was with Bailaduel, and Coldstorm's line of work meant that there was always the possibility he'd bring home some poor injured soul. Cantarelli almost jumped in shock when the bell on her door rang for the first time. She looked up from the game she had been playing with Dusk, dropping the jerky into his mouth and letting him chew on it with fervor. It was Bailaduel. The wildclaw looked rather awkward, like she had wandered in completely by accident. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51025816][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "How can I help you, darling?" Cantarelli beamed, moving out from behind the counter and leaving her son with his snack. The wildclaw took a step back as she drew closer. "I saw you opened the shop," Bailaduel grunted, averting her gaze. "I wanted to buy some supplies." "Of course! Do you need help finding anything?" Cantarelli asked. "I can figure it out on my own," Bailaduel huffed. The nocturne backed off, giving her some space. The wildclaw perused in silence for some time, occasionally grabbing something and dropping it on the counter. Cantarelli had to pull Dusk away from the package of fresh jerky Bailaduel had plunked down right in front of him. "Hey, did Age and Accident have another nest?" Bailaduel asked, her question catching Cantarelli completely by surprise. "Why yes they did! One mighty fine daughter!" Cantarelli said. "Why do you ask?" "Is she missing?" Bailaduel asked. "Because I've seen a young tundra traipsing around with a gaoler out in the knowledge district. I've never taken the time to meet them or anything, but I started getting suspicious when once I got a close enough look at the kid." "From what I know of, Ragna's givin' Bridget some sort of special training. It's all cleared by the parents, don't you worry," Cantarelli explained. "Though it's nice of you to keep an eye on these things." "Old habits die hard," Bailaduel grunted. "Not too hard, my dear," Cantarelli tsked. "What's that supposed to mean?" Bailaduel shot back. "You've hardly given your own son any notice," Cantarelli scolded. "He's told me all about what you said. It don't matter that he was an accident, here's here now and he'd more loved than you could ever give him." "Yeah? And what's it to you?" Bailaduel huffed. "Why do you care so much about Coldstorm?" "He's my mate, and the father of this little fellow right here," Cantarelli gestured to Dusk, who was chewing on a piece of dried leather, apparently having mistaken it for a particularly chewy piece of jerky. "He's done fine without me so far, he doesn't need me now," Bailaduel said, plunking some coins on the counter and tearing the purchases away from the hatchling. "He doesn't need me now," Dusk mimicked in retort, glaring at Bailaduel for taking away his 'snack.' The wildclaw observed her grandson for a moment, then turned to go. "Have a nice day!" Cantarelli called, not really feeling the sentiment behind it. Bailaduel didn't respond. The nocturne sighed and rested her head on the counter, allowing her son to climb on her head and nibble on her horn. He seemed unbothered by Bailaduel's rudeness, too young to really have picked up what was going on. "Oh well, there's always gonna be some sour grapes," Cantarelli sighed. "If she wants to be bitter forever, no one here's going to stop her." "Sour grapes," Dusk mimicked, seemingly amused with the combination of sounds. "Sour grapes!" Or maybe he was just hungry. Cantarelli smiled and gave her son another piece of jerky. Bailaduel was right, they didn't need her, but that didn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have her around if she could get over herself and learn to care about another dragon. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/66#post_40897343]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo[/center] ----- I almost cried when Dusk and his sister hatched, they were just so perfect a pretty! I really wanted to keep them both, but unfortunately that's not my choice to make. (Dusk's sister did get the song Enchanted by Taylor Swift though, which made me feel like I should have kept her because Enchanted was yesterday's inktober prompt. The timing was just too good.) Anyways, here she is! If anyone wants her, you have until she's grown up to claim her. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842719] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558428/55842719_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Tomorrow is when Bone and Pomona's nest hatches, so hopefully I'll get to keep more than one of those! For the Coli pulls: Cecily is level 3, Bailaduel and Webb are level 4, Bahat is still level 6 and Seaberry is still level 7. I thought for sure someone was going to die when I took Seaberry, Webb and Bailaduel into the Woodland Path, but everyone made it out alive!

Day 75: Fresh Jerky
Royal Oyster Sparkling Wasp
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles, 20-30 Coli Battles

dragon?did=54677424&skin=0&apparel=23032,23026,23033,23031&xt=dressing.png
55842718_350.png

Cantarelli teased her son with a small piece of jerky, giggling as he snapped at it, playfully trying to catch it in his mouth. His violet eyes shone as he leaped, flapping his tiny wings in an attempt to gain momentum. Cantarelli had never felt as much love for anything as she did for Dusk.

She and Coldstorm had also had a daughter, but she had been taken by the curse and hurtled in the same flash of light they had been warned about. Having grown up in the Scarred Wasteland, where death was just an ordinary part of life, Cantarelli wasn't bothered by her disappearance. She had a son to focus on, and if the hatchlings were really taken to safety after hatching, her daughter would find her own way.

Coldstorm, however, was struggling to come to terms with the loss of their daughter. He had taken to patrolling much more frequently in the hopes of finding her. Cantarelli joined him sometimes, but she soon grew bored with the search and returned to the shop she had opened up on the edge of the market district, bordering the wilderness of the knowledge district. It was a rather simple shop, designed to help others survive. She sold food and water rations, equipment, healing supplies and a number of other rather helpful objects.

Of course, business wasn't exactly booming, but Cantarelli wanted to be prepared in case anyone needed anything. She even had a room in the back for emergency medical procedures. She didn't want to be caught off guard like she was with Bailaduel, and Coldstorm's line of work meant that there was always the possibility he'd bring home some poor injured soul.

Cantarelli almost jumped in shock when the bell on her door rang for the first time. She looked up from the game she had been playing with Dusk, dropping the jerky into his mouth and letting him chew on it with fervor. It was Bailaduel. The wildclaw looked rather awkward, like she had wandered in completely by accident.
dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png

"How can I help you, darling?" Cantarelli beamed, moving out from behind the counter and leaving her son with his snack. The wildclaw took a step back as she drew closer.

"I saw you opened the shop," Bailaduel grunted, averting her gaze. "I wanted to buy some supplies."

"Of course! Do you need help finding anything?" Cantarelli asked.

"I can figure it out on my own," Bailaduel huffed. The nocturne backed off, giving her some space.

The wildclaw perused in silence for some time, occasionally grabbing something and dropping it on the counter. Cantarelli had to pull Dusk away from the package of fresh jerky Bailaduel had plunked down right in front of him.

"Hey, did Age and Accident have another nest?" Bailaduel asked, her question catching Cantarelli completely by surprise.

"Why yes they did! One mighty fine daughter!" Cantarelli said. "Why do you ask?"

"Is she missing?" Bailaduel asked. "Because I've seen a young tundra traipsing around with a gaoler out in the knowledge district. I've never taken the time to meet them or anything, but I started getting suspicious when once I got a close enough look at the kid."

"From what I know of, Ragna's givin' Bridget some sort of special training. It's all cleared by the parents, don't you worry," Cantarelli explained. "Though it's nice of you to keep an eye on these things."

"Old habits die hard," Bailaduel grunted.

"Not too hard, my dear," Cantarelli tsked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bailaduel shot back.

"You've hardly given your own son any notice," Cantarelli scolded. "He's told me all about what you said. It don't matter that he was an accident, here's here now and he'd more loved than you could ever give him."

"Yeah? And what's it to you?" Bailaduel huffed. "Why do you care so much about Coldstorm?"

"He's my mate, and the father of this little fellow right here," Cantarelli gestured to Dusk, who was chewing on a piece of dried leather, apparently having mistaken it for a particularly chewy piece of jerky.

"He's done fine without me so far, he doesn't need me now," Bailaduel said, plunking some coins on the counter and tearing the purchases away from the hatchling.

"He doesn't need me now," Dusk mimicked in retort, glaring at Bailaduel for taking away his 'snack.' The wildclaw observed her grandson for a moment, then turned to go.

"Have a nice day!" Cantarelli called, not really feeling the sentiment behind it. Bailaduel didn't respond.

The nocturne sighed and rested her head on the counter, allowing her son to climb on her head and nibble on her horn. He seemed unbothered by Bailaduel's rudeness, too young to really have picked up what was going on.

"Oh well, there's always gonna be some sour grapes," Cantarelli sighed. "If she wants to be bitter forever, no one here's going to stop her."

"Sour grapes," Dusk mimicked, seemingly amused with the combination of sounds. "Sour grapes!" Or maybe he was just hungry.

Cantarelli smiled and gave her son another piece of jerky. Bailaduel was right, they didn't need her, but that didn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have her around if she could get over herself and learn to care about another dragon.

I almost cried when Dusk and his sister hatched, they were just so perfect a pretty! I really wanted to keep them both, but unfortunately that's not my choice to make. (Dusk's sister did get the song Enchanted by Taylor Swift though, which made me feel like I should have kept her because Enchanted was yesterday's inktober prompt. The timing was just too good.)

Anyways, here she is! If anyone wants her, you have until she's grown up to claim her.
Tomorrow is when Bone and Pomona's nest hatches, so hopefully I'll get to keep more than one of those!

For the Coli pulls: Cecily is level 3, Bailaduel and Webb are level 4, Bahat is still level 6 and Seaberry is still level 7. I thought for sure someone was going to die when I took Seaberry, Webb and Bailaduel into the Woodland Path, but everyone made it out alive!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Can I take Dusk's sister? She's so pretty [emoji=spiral star size=1]
@Petall

Can I take Dusk's sister? She's so pretty
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678

Definitely! I'm so glad she's found a good home, I was probably going to cry if I ended up having to exalt her! I'll send her right over!
@Tirtouga678

Definitely! I'm so glad she's found a good home, I was probably going to cry if I ended up having to exalt her! I'll send her right over!
@Petall

Thank you!!
@Petall

Thank you!!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

Aaaa Dusk and his sister are so pretty!!

I'm so excited for Bone and Pomona's nest tommorrow!
Aaaa Dusk and his sister are so pretty!!

I'm so excited for Bone and Pomona's nest tommorrow!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
C H I L D-
C H I L D-
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Dusk is such a cutie. I love him already.
Dusk is such a cutie. I love him already.
GD7On40.png
[quote name="MisterMylez" date="2019-10-08 23:27:34" ] C H I L D- [/quote] I wholeheartedly agree
MisterMylez wrote on 2019-10-08 23:27:34:
C H I L D-

I wholeheartedly agree
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 141 142