Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 141 142
[i]Holy snipes,[/i] I was wondering who was going to fight Heaven and when. I feel like the placement makes sense, though, considering her previous appearance. I was worried about Age too, I thought she was going to die there for a bit @_@. Glad she's ok! Also yay, some Scoril art! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Holy snipes, I was wondering who was going to fight Heaven and when. I feel like the placement makes sense, though, considering her previous appearance. I was worried about Age too, I thought she was going to die there for a bit @_@. Glad she's ok!

Also yay, some Scoril art!
@Petall Oh boy, I hear ya, I've tried drawing dragons and apparel from memory time and time again, and I [i]always[/i] manage to leave something out or get something wrong. x'D That said, good job getting some practice in! I especially like the eyes along her neck; you managed to make them look extra-shiny. [emoji=special eyes size=1]
@Petall Oh boy, I hear ya, I've tried drawing dragons and apparel from memory time and time again, and I always manage to leave something out or get something wrong. x'D That said, good job getting some practice in! I especially like the eyes along her neck; you managed to make them look extra-shiny.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Sabariel

Honestly, with the death streak, it was too good an opportunity to pass up! I know if people know there's a death streak, they're half-expecting someone to die anyways, so why not raise tensions by making it unclear who is going to die?

Thank you!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! The eyes were the most fun part of the piece!
@Sabariel

Honestly, with the death streak, it was too good an opportunity to pass up! I know if people know there's a death streak, they're half-expecting someone to die anyways, so why not raise tensions by making it unclear who is going to die?

Thank you!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! The eyes were the most fun part of the piece!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/59#post_40718425]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 68: Wild Magic[/u][/b] [item=rambra horn][item=stardust sap lamp][item=violet flower crown] Sentence: Writing, Art (postponed), Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] With the arrival of the Starfall Celebration and the subsequent surge of arcane energy, Scoril had taken to wandering the abandoned streets and alleyways of the city alone. While her magic was for the most part under control, she still didn't trust herself around other dragons with the increased saturation of power that flowed through her. The skydancer was finding that she had to release greater bursts of arcane energy more frequently in order to stop herself from exploding. The pink puffs of magic floated up to the sky, towards the stars in the unusually clear sky. It was actually rather pretty to watch. Scoril sat alone, watching her magic dance through the sky, for once appreciating its power and beauty. She had done some terrible things with it, but maybe she could do some good things with it as well. After all, hadn't the Arcanist himself made many mistakes? And yet the arcane flight was still appreciated by many. As Scoril mused, she suddenly caught notice of something else joining her magic in its dance across the sky. It was difficult to make out its form from the distance, and it not for its colour, it would be easily mistakable for another wisp of magic floating in the air. Curiosity overcame her, and Scoril took to the skies, eager to investigate. The creature darted away as she got close, but not out of fear. Her antennae vibrated with a playful energy. With a smile, she sent out another small burst of energy. The creature let out an excited giggle and held out a glowing pink orb. Scoril watched as the magic wisp was absorbed into the sphere, causing it to glow just a little brighter. Then the creature flew back towards Scoril, dancing around her and laughing to itself. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31686.png[/img][/center] Scoril grinned. It looked as though she had found herself a familiar. Or rather, her familiar had found her. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40857691][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408577/40857691_350.png[/img][/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31009.png[/img][/center] Juliette pushed open the door to Thorburn's hideout. She had left the bogsneak in Windkeep Tower, asleep, and had decided to use the opportunity to investigate just what her husband was up to. Her gem guardian whirred beside her, silent save for the constant crackle of electricity from it gemstone. The building didn't look like much. In fact, if one didn't know what they were looking for, it would appear to be just as abandoned as any of the other buildings in the black market. Juliette, however, was accustomed to her husband's tactics, and knew to look deeper than the surface appearance. Juliette made her way to the back of the building, searching for any secret nooks and crannies that would lead to his hiding place. She knew the bulk of his operations would still be hidden in the Windswept Plateau, but it was inevitable that he had [i]some[/i] secrets hidden away here. She found the meeting room easily. With all the protections in the black market, there was no need to hide what one was doing, unless of course, they wanted to hide something from those they worked with. Thorburn had learned since his cowardly days as Quartz's apprentice. He may be a fool at times, but he knew how to keep things hidden when he wanted to. Suddenly, Juliette saw a floating green eye make its way around the room. Juliette grinned. "Hello Quill, I should have known," She grinned. As soon as she spoke the name, a number of green eyes appeared alongside the first. Then Thorburn's assistant appeared, grinning ear to ear. His fur sparkled with silver starlight. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52044854] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520449/52044854_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hey Juliette," The tundra said, still grinning. "Would you like me to get Thorburn for you?" "No, that's-" But it was too late. The tundra disappeared with a pop, only to reappear later with Thorburn at his side. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41058623][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/410587/41058623_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hey Jules," Thorburn flashed his teeth in a grin. "You think I wouldn't know you were poking around?" Quill disappeared with another pop, leaving the couple to talk. "So you knew I was here?" Juliette asked, sliding into their usual playful rapport. "I've known you were here for a long time," Thorburn admitted. "I just admire the way you investigate, I was curious what you would do upon discovering this place. Do you think it was an accident that I left the portal ring where you could find it? Did you think your gem guardian found it my coincidence?" Juliette grinned. So he hadn't been keeping secrets from her. "Then tell me, what's so special about this place?" "You haven't figured it out yet?" Thorburn asked, surprised. "Haven't you ever wondered why India never told you where you came from? Why she raised you so humbly, out of sight?" Juliette's interest perked up. She had long since accepted that her family would always remain a mystery, but she couldn't deny being in the flight of her birth had awoken her curiosity once more. "I've been doing some investigating. At first, I thought this was just an abandoned shadow clan, but it is so much more than that," Thorburn grinned. "I met a dragon named Jett. Have you had the pleasure of meeting him yet?" "Not personally," Juliette said, remembering the conversation she had with Violet and beginning to lose interest. "Well, he tells a rather interesting story. Apparently, he is the last surviving son of the last queen to rule in this kingdom before its current reign. He cares little for history, but from what I could gather, this was once a great and bountiful clan before a group of rebels tore it apart," As Thorburn explained, his eyes lit up. He looked as though he could barely contain his excitement. "Yeah, so what?" Juliette was beginning to grow bored. "Remember the Clan of Resting Wings?" Thorburn asked. "Is this it?" Juliette asked, perking up. "What's left of it," Thorburn admitted. "But there's more." "What?" Juliette asked, beginning to wish he would just cut to the chase and not leave her hanging like this. "I've been running some tests, and I read a rather interesting book that Jett brought back to me, out of character I know, but it had to be done," Thorburn began to lick his lips in anticipation. "Juliette, you're a princess. India was Queen Ivi's sister, and she took you to Windkeep Tower and hid you to protect you from the rebels. Jett is your brother." Juliette was stunned into silence. "You mean-?" She asked, hardly bearing to finish the thought. "Jules, this is your [i]home[/i]," Thorburn grinned. "And that's why I've been beginning operations here. I have a plan, and I want you to be a part of it. It is your birthright after all." Juliette began to listen as Thorburn explained his plan, hanging onto every word. Sometimes, her husband's plans could be a bit far-fetched, and more often than not, got him into trouble, so Juliette never payed much mind to most of them. This one was different. This one left her excited for a future she didn't know she had. When Thorburn finished, she felt herself growing more and more excited. "As long as no one gets hurt, I'm in," Juliette agreed, feeling like this was the start of something big. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53073977][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53073977&skin=0&apparel=12901,25184,25180,25185,27131&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/30551.png[/img][/center] Age stared out the window to her room, trying to quell the anxiety churning within her. Heaven's voice still echoed in her head, even though she knew she was gone. While she had made a good recovery, she could still feel a wisp of the darkness within her, waiting for a chance to be awoken again. Her body was weak, worn out from the struggle. Accident walked over and took a seat beside her, resting his tail on her back. The light of the gem guardian cast a warm glow over the couple, bringing a wave of comfort over the queen. It was not, however, enough to soothe her anxiety. "Everything's going to be fine. Larkin has made the preparations for the Starfall Ball. It's going to be wonderful, you just need to focus on getting better," Accident murmured, leaning his head in and kissing her on the shoulder. "Accident, that's not what I'm worried about," Age sighed, feeling her heart grow heavy again. "I trust my mom to do a good job organizing it." "Then talk to me," Accident said. "What's going on?" "Accident, while I was sick..." Age trailed off, her words catching in her throat as tears came to her eyes. "While I was sick, I was carrying eggs. Three of them." "What!?" Accident was taken aback. "Why didn't you say anything?" "I wasn't sure, I didn't want to worry anyone, but now that they are here, and there's no denying it," Age sighed. "And it's not that I'm not excited to have more kids, because I really am, I know we've been talking about having another nest. I'm just worried that what I had will pass on to them." "They'll be fine," Accident reassured her. "And if they aren't we'll deal with it. Where are they?" Age moved from her spot at the window and led her husband to the nest spot they had built into their room, next to the bed. It had been fashioned out of old wood, shaped like the old tree stumps often used to protect shadow eggs. Three eggs sat within, all glowing healthily. Age tried to take this as a sign that it was all going to be okay, but she couldn't help but worry. Beside her, Accident stared at the eggs like they were his world. Age tried to have his confidence, trying to focus on the excitement of their growing family, but no matter what she tried, she couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was going to happen to them. The curse was too clever to not take an opportunity like this. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/60#post_40760211]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon[/center] ----- I don't have time to do art today, and I really wanted to write, so I'll save that art pull and do something for it later! Happy Starfall everyone! I really hope I have the chance to write the Starfall ball tomorrow before I leave on the surfing trip I'm doing this weekend, but if I don't, I'll just delay it to Monday or something. So yeah, Age and Accident are having another nest, and they seem to have broken my 1-egg-nest streak! Here's hoping the coin flip lets me keep 2 or 3 of them! And the fate of the hatchlings in terms of Age's illness depends entirely on what theme songs they get and where that inspiration takes me...

Day 68: Wild Magic
Rambra Horn Stardust Sap Lamp Violet Flower Crown
Sentence: Writing, Art (postponed), Breed/Scroll a Dragon

dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png

With the arrival of the Starfall Celebration and the subsequent surge of arcane energy, Scoril had taken to wandering the abandoned streets and alleyways of the city alone. While her magic was for the most part under control, she still didn't trust herself around other dragons with the increased saturation of power that flowed through her. The skydancer was finding that she had to release greater bursts of arcane energy more frequently in order to stop herself from exploding. The pink puffs of magic floated up to the sky, towards the stars in the unusually clear sky. It was actually rather pretty to watch.

Scoril sat alone, watching her magic dance through the sky, for once appreciating its power and beauty. She had done some terrible things with it, but maybe she could do some good things with it as well. After all, hadn't the Arcanist himself made many mistakes? And yet the arcane flight was still appreciated by many.

As Scoril mused, she suddenly caught notice of something else joining her magic in its dance across the sky. It was difficult to make out its form from the distance, and it not for its colour, it would be easily mistakable for another wisp of magic floating in the air. Curiosity overcame her, and Scoril took to the skies, eager to investigate.

The creature darted away as she got close, but not out of fear. Her antennae vibrated with a playful energy. With a smile, she sent out another small burst of energy. The creature let out an excited giggle and held out a glowing pink orb. Scoril watched as the magic wisp was absorbed into the sphere, causing it to glow just a little brighter. Then the creature flew back towards Scoril, dancing around her and laughing to itself.
31686.png

Scoril grinned. It looked as though she had found herself a familiar. Or rather, her familiar had found her.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

40857691_350.png
31009.png

Juliette pushed open the door to Thorburn's hideout. She had left the bogsneak in Windkeep Tower, asleep, and had decided to use the opportunity to investigate just what her husband was up to. Her gem guardian whirred beside her, silent save for the constant crackle of electricity from it gemstone.

The building didn't look like much. In fact, if one didn't know what they were looking for, it would appear to be just as abandoned as any of the other buildings in the black market. Juliette, however, was accustomed to her husband's tactics, and knew to look deeper than the surface appearance.

Juliette made her way to the back of the building, searching for any secret nooks and crannies that would lead to his hiding place. She knew the bulk of his operations would still be hidden in the Windswept Plateau, but it was inevitable that he had some secrets hidden away here.

She found the meeting room easily. With all the protections in the black market, there was no need to hide what one was doing, unless of course, they wanted to hide something from those they worked with. Thorburn had learned since his cowardly days as Quartz's apprentice. He may be a fool at times, but he knew how to keep things hidden when he wanted to.

Suddenly, Juliette saw a floating green eye make its way around the room. Juliette grinned.

"Hello Quill, I should have known," She grinned.

As soon as she spoke the name, a number of green eyes appeared alongside the first. Then Thorburn's assistant appeared, grinning ear to ear. His fur sparkled with silver starlight.

"Hey Juliette," The tundra said, still grinning. "Would you like me to get Thorburn for you?"

"No, that's-" But it was too late. The tundra disappeared with a pop, only to reappear later with Thorburn at his side.
41058623_350.png

"Hey Jules," Thorburn flashed his teeth in a grin. "You think I wouldn't know you were poking around?"

Quill disappeared with another pop, leaving the couple to talk.

"So you knew I was here?" Juliette asked, sliding into their usual playful rapport.

"I've known you were here for a long time," Thorburn admitted. "I just admire the way you investigate, I was curious what you would do upon discovering this place. Do you think it was an accident that I left the portal ring where you could find it? Did you think your gem guardian found it my coincidence?"

Juliette grinned. So he hadn't been keeping secrets from her. "Then tell me, what's so special about this place?"

"You haven't figured it out yet?" Thorburn asked, surprised. "Haven't you ever wondered why India never told you where you came from? Why she raised you so humbly, out of sight?"

Juliette's interest perked up. She had long since accepted that her family would always remain a mystery, but she couldn't deny being in the flight of her birth had awoken her curiosity once more.

"I've been doing some investigating. At first, I thought this was just an abandoned shadow clan, but it is so much more than that," Thorburn grinned. "I met a dragon named Jett. Have you had the pleasure of meeting him yet?"

"Not personally," Juliette said, remembering the conversation she had with Violet and beginning to lose interest.

"Well, he tells a rather interesting story. Apparently, he is the last surviving son of the last queen to rule in this kingdom before its current reign. He cares little for history, but from what I could gather, this was once a great and bountiful clan before a group of rebels tore it apart," As Thorburn explained, his eyes lit up. He looked as though he could barely contain his excitement.

"Yeah, so what?" Juliette was beginning to grow bored.

"Remember the Clan of Resting Wings?" Thorburn asked.

"Is this it?" Juliette asked, perking up.

"What's left of it," Thorburn admitted. "But there's more."

"What?" Juliette asked, beginning to wish he would just cut to the chase and not leave her hanging like this.

"I've been running some tests, and I read a rather interesting book that Jett brought back to me, out of character I know, but it had to be done," Thorburn began to lick his lips in anticipation. "Juliette, you're a princess. India was Queen Ivi's sister, and she took you to Windkeep Tower and hid you to protect you from the rebels. Jett is your brother."

Juliette was stunned into silence. "You mean-?" She asked, hardly bearing to finish the thought.

"Jules, this is your home," Thorburn grinned. "And that's why I've been beginning operations here. I have a plan, and I want you to be a part of it. It is your birthright after all."

Juliette began to listen as Thorburn explained his plan, hanging onto every word. Sometimes, her husband's plans could be a bit far-fetched, and more often than not, got him into trouble, so Juliette never payed much mind to most of them. This one was different. This one left her excited for a future she didn't know she had. When Thorburn finished, she felt herself growing more and more excited.

"As long as no one gets hurt, I'm in," Juliette agreed, feeling like this was the start of something big.

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910,16492&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53073977&skin=0&apparel=12901,25184,25180,25185,27131&xt=dressing.png
30551.png

Age stared out the window to her room, trying to quell the anxiety churning within her. Heaven's voice still echoed in her head, even though she knew she was gone. While she had made a good recovery, she could still feel a wisp of the darkness within her, waiting for a chance to be awoken again. Her body was weak, worn out from the struggle.

Accident walked over and took a seat beside her, resting his tail on her back. The light of the gem guardian cast a warm glow over the couple, bringing a wave of comfort over the queen. It was not, however, enough to soothe her anxiety.

"Everything's going to be fine. Larkin has made the preparations for the Starfall Ball. It's going to be wonderful, you just need to focus on getting better," Accident murmured, leaning his head in and kissing her on the shoulder.

"Accident, that's not what I'm worried about," Age sighed, feeling her heart grow heavy again. "I trust my mom to do a good job organizing it."

"Then talk to me," Accident said. "What's going on?"

"Accident, while I was sick..." Age trailed off, her words catching in her throat as tears came to her eyes. "While I was sick, I was carrying eggs. Three of them."

"What!?" Accident was taken aback. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I wasn't sure, I didn't want to worry anyone, but now that they are here, and there's no denying it," Age sighed. "And it's not that I'm not excited to have more kids, because I really am, I know we've been talking about having another nest. I'm just worried that what I had will pass on to them."

"They'll be fine," Accident reassured her. "And if they aren't we'll deal with it. Where are they?"

Age moved from her spot at the window and led her husband to the nest spot they had built into their room, next to the bed. It had been fashioned out of old wood, shaped like the old tree stumps often used to protect shadow eggs. Three eggs sat within, all glowing healthily. Age tried to take this as a sign that it was all going to be okay, but she couldn't help but worry.

Beside her, Accident stared at the eggs like they were his world. Age tried to have his confidence, trying to focus on the excitement of their growing family, but no matter what she tried, she couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was going to happen to them.

The curse was too clever to not take an opportunity like this.

I don't have time to do art today, and I really wanted to write, so I'll save that art pull and do something for it later!

Happy Starfall everyone! I really hope I have the chance to write the Starfall ball tomorrow before I leave on the surfing trip I'm doing this weekend, but if I don't, I'll just delay it to Monday or something.

So yeah, Age and Accident are having another nest, and they seem to have broken my 1-egg-nest streak! Here's hoping the coin flip lets me keep 2 or 3 of them! And the fate of the hatchlings in terms of Age's illness depends entirely on what theme songs they get and where that inspiration takes me...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Aaa I'm so ready for Age and Accident's nest!!

Aww Scoril seems to be getting happier, I really hope she gets her magic under control and she gets forgiven or at least tolerated soon. Its nice to see she has a familiar to keep her company now.

I don't trust Thorburn, I'm a little bit worried about what he might do to the pinkerlocke clan now.
Aaa I'm so ready for Age and Accident's nest!!

Aww Scoril seems to be getting happier, I really hope she gets her magic under control and she gets forgiven or at least tolerated soon. Its nice to see she has a familiar to keep her company now.

I don't trust Thorburn, I'm a little bit worried about what he might do to the pinkerlocke clan now.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

I'm so excited too!!!!

Yeah, I've been neglecting Scoril lately, so I figured I should give her some time in the spotlight, and give her a little something to enjoy, seeing as its her flight's festival and all!

Ah, good ol' Thorburn!
@Midwinter

I'm so excited too!!!!

Yeah, I've been neglecting Scoril lately, so I figured I should give her some time in the spotlight, and give her a little something to enjoy, seeing as its her flight's festival and all!

Ah, good ol' Thorburn!
@Petall It was so nice to see Quill again! Gosh, he's grown into a handsome boy. [emoji=heart size=1] And FINALLY! There's the confirmation I was waiting for -- Juliette being directly related to the Clan of Resting Wings. Still can't help wondering how Jett feels about this, though, if he knows about it already. I'm both excited and nervous for Age's and Accident's next nest. That said, it [i]is[/i] a very interesting opportunity to examine how else the curse works and how it might affect different kinds of dragons. Congrats on breaking free of the wegg curse; at least [i]that[/i] one seems to have been taken care of! XD
@Petall It was so nice to see Quill again! Gosh, he's grown into a handsome boy. And FINALLY! There's the confirmation I was waiting for -- Juliette being directly related to the Clan of Resting Wings. Still can't help wondering how Jett feels about this, though, if he knows about it already.

I'm both excited and nervous for Age's and Accident's next nest. That said, it is a very interesting opportunity to examine how else the curse works and how it might affect different kinds of dragons. Congrats on breaking free of the wegg curse; at least that one seems to have been taken care of! XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Yeah, I'm glad to have the opportunity to establish Quill's lore a bit more!

With such a big connection, I couldn't resist bringing Juliette into events! Especially because it never fit in Windkeep Lore to fully explain to her where she had come from! I really feel like this is Thorburn and Juliette's time to shine! Juliette's realized her birthright, and Thorburn has matured enough to maybe run a competent business?

I am very excited for the possibilities that this nest presents when it comes to the curse... I really can't wait to hatch it! And yeah, I am so glad the wegg curse is over! Let's hope it doesn't continue itself by 'killing' all but one hatchling when I do my coin flip! (And maybe they'll have a daughter this time? There's nothing wrong with sons of course, they've just had all boys so far).
@Disillusionist

Yeah, I'm glad to have the opportunity to establish Quill's lore a bit more!

With such a big connection, I couldn't resist bringing Juliette into events! Especially because it never fit in Windkeep Lore to fully explain to her where she had come from! I really feel like this is Thorburn and Juliette's time to shine! Juliette's realized her birthright, and Thorburn has matured enough to maybe run a competent business?

I am very excited for the possibilities that this nest presents when it comes to the curse... I really can't wait to hatch it! And yeah, I am so glad the wegg curse is over! Let's hope it doesn't continue itself by 'killing' all but one hatchling when I do my coin flip! (And maybe they'll have a daughter this time? There's nothing wrong with sons of course, they've just had all boys so far).
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/60#post_40748200]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 69: The Starfall Ball[/u][/b] [item=desert diadem] Sentence: Stop giving me trinkets, Pink, I don't have time for art right now! I'm just going to go ahead and write the Starfall Ball and I just owe y'all 2 arts later.[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798929][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The Starfall Ball had arrived. Age was still feeling too unwell to attend herself, but her children had graciously agreed to help out wherever possible. Bahat and Bonegnasher were on greeting duty, ensuring every dragons that walked through the doors felt welcomed. The turnout was fantastic. Most of the dragons who resided in the city had made an appearance, keen to gather for The Forgotten Kingdom's first official elemental celebration. The ballroom was decked out in a manner of decorations. They were fairly simple, Bohrium had just used his arcane magic to cast a few stars and galaxies across the ceiling, but they cast the room in a stunning glow. Bahat could tell that Bone was getting bored. Ever since Pomona had arrived, he had grown restless. Bahat knew that after spending so much time in the palace, with their mother's sickness and all, his brother was really missing his time with his friends. This only became more clear once Karma entered the room, alongside her siblings Cecily and Lucian. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54489021][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301275][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bahat, however was too distracted to pay his brother much mind. While his brothers had spent a lot of time with Cecily and Lucian as hatchlings, he himself had never officially met them. Now they were fully grown, and Cecily was absolutely stunning. Bahat had never understood how Bone had changed so drastically when he had fallen for Bailaduel, but now he had the inexpiable urge to meet her and get to know her. "You better watch out," Bone whispered to Bahat. "If Karma catches you looking at her sister like that, she'll have your ears." Bahat looked away guiltily. Bone was right. This was silly. He didn't even know her. However, even with this rationalization, he wanted to go over to her and introduce himself properly. He watched as the trio disappeared into the crowd, and Bahat turned his focus back to greeting, just in time as Violet fluttered in, accompanied by a wildclaw Bahat had never met. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54433580][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54433580&skin=0&apparel=750,1753,21243,21292,21300,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54855099][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hey Vi, who's your date?" Bone asked, nodding politely. Bahat was surprised by the familiarity in his tone, until he remembered Bone mentioning her a couple times when recounting his escapades at the Siren's Call. "Gillian's not my date, he's just a friend," Violet shot back, then lowered her voice to a whisper. "I keep trying to break it off with Jett, but he doesn't seem to be able to get the message and charming me over again, so I'm hoping this gives him a clear idea of who's side I'm on." Bahat had no idea what she was talking about, but Bone seemed to understand. He recognized the knowing twinkle in his brother's eye. Since when was Bone so open and friendly with everyone in the kingdom? Bahat guessed he should be doing a better job of connecting with the dragons who could someday be his subjects. Even though over a year had passed since his family had ascended to royalty, he still wasn't used to the idea he might someday be king. Bone seemed a much better candidate for the job anyway. "Jett? Yeah, maybe you should go talk to Karma," Bone shrugged. "I mean, she doesn't know her dad now, but she's always looking for a way to annoy him. You two haven't officially met have you? Beyond her serving you occasionally?" Violet shook her head. "Well then, what are we waiting for?" Bone grinned. "Let's go!" "Bone!" Bahat called out after his brother, but it was too late. He was already gone. The mirror sighed, resigning himself to welcoming duty alone. Most of the dragons seemed to have arrived by now, and Bahat found himself getting bored. He wished he could go and mingle too, and try to get over the anxiety pounding in his heart. He wished he was more at ease around other dragons, and this was the perfect opportunity to get some practice, if only he could leave. Suddenly, there was a tap on his shoulder, causing the mirror to almost jump out of his skin. He spun around to see Cecily grinning at him, Lucian fluttering by her shoulder. Bahat felt his stomach twist, and he began to wonder if this was how his father felt when he had met his mother. The story of how his father had fallen through a thornbush at their first meeting had become a favourite family story, and Bahat had always wondered how he hadn't died from embarrassment. Right now his throat felt dry and he had to concentrate on where his feet were so they didn't fail him. "Can I help you with anything?" Bahat stammered. Cecily just giggled. Lucian rolled his eyes, but said nothing. Bahat was suddenly very aware of how the fae was glaring at him. "I was wondering if you could show me around the palace. I've always been curious about it, but Karma would never let me go. She said I'd bother the dragons working here," Cecily said, grinning excitedly. She said it like it was an adventure, and something reminded Bahat of his hatchlinghood, exploring the city with his brother. Those were days he missed. Now Bone seemed to have all the adventures without him. "Why are you asking me?" Bahat asked. "Because you're cute and you seem sweet, and despite what Karma says, I don't think all men are evil," Cecily said. "Besides, you're Bohrium and Boo's brother, how bad can you be? We're going to be spending time together anyways once Bohr starts his Bastions & Beastclans campaign. You're playing, right?" Cecily was surprisingly blunt. "Come on Ses, this is a bad idea," Lucian rolled his eyes. "Let's just go explore on our own, like we talked about. We don't need some boring prince showing us around." "Don't listen to him," Cecily said. "Are you coming?" Before Bahat could respond, a pearlcatcher that he had never seen before burst into the room in a panic. He looked absolutely exhausted, and pearl good was leaking out of his mouth. Clearly something big had happened and he hadn't yet had the time to add it to his pearl. He was accompanied by a wraith hound. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48760421] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487605/48760421_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/16472.png[/img][/center] "Please, you have to help me! I need to talk to whoever runs this kingdom immediately!" The pearlcatcher gasped, wiping away some of the goo drips from his mouth and sending them splattering to the floor. "Woah, slow down, what's going on? Who are you?" Bahat asked. "Come on Cecily, let's go," Lucian rolled his eyes. Bahat watched helplessly as the two disappeared into the corridor, leaving him feeling like he had just missed out on the perfect opportunity to meet his sort of people. "Please, it's important!" The pearlcatcher huffed. "My name is Blackwolf and I had the most terrible dream! Danger is coming to this city!" Before Bahat could respond, the room went black, all the the light from Bohrium's magic sucked out of the air. "It's beginning," Blackwolf whispered in horror. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] Karma had been searching for her siblings when the darkness fell. They had disappeared while she had been confronting her mother about flirting with a muscular imperial with a metal spine. She hoped they weren't getting themselves into too much trouble, they had a tendency to do that. When the lights came back on, Jett and Scoril were standing on a balcony, overlooking the small crowd below. A gem guardian was whizzing around the room, releasing arcane energy back into the air and restoring the room to its former glory. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31686.png[/img][/center] "Hello peasants!" Jett said, grinning widely. Karma glowered at her father, but he didn't seem to see her. "We have come with an incredible announcement, one that will bring great change to the Forgotten Kingdom!" "That's right!" Scoril grinned slyly. "There's a new queen in town." "My dearest sister, Juliette, has recently arrived in the city from Windkeep Tower, and the two of us have decided to take back what it ours," Jett grinned. "Now don't worry, you can keep this dump of a palace and all that, we're just setting up operation in another corner of the city. We defy the rule of Age and her bloodline, and instead seek to build up something entirely new! All those who wish to join us and have a share in the riches, hit me up, and I can connect you with the password." The wildclaw winked. "Ours is not a kingdom of tradition and hierarchy, we are embracing out true shadow nature and are building a new kingdom of independence and freedom, where dragons are bound by no laws, only a shared vision." "You can't do this!" A voice shouted from the crowd. Karma was surprised to see Violet speaking up. The spiral had always seemed so reserved, and now she stared defiantly up at Jett, as though she wanted to rip him apart. "Oh babe, I tried giving you another chance to give up this foolish dream and join us, but I'm afraid you've chosen the losing side. Gillian doesn't have the resources to seek out the lost fortune, but we do, and when we find it, we will turn this clan into something better," Jett grinned. "Enjoy the party, Scoril and I will be around to answer any questions as the evening progresses." Karma couldn't believe the audacity of her father. Age and the royal family had been nothing but kind to the clan. What did they think they were playing at? In her anger, Karma wanted nothing more than to sneak away to some corner with her friends to rant, but as she scanned the room, she saw no sign of either Bone or Pomona. Deciding she would confront her father later, she sneaked away to search for her friends. She found them in Bone's room. Neither of them noticed her at first, they were too wrapped up in each other. Karma stared in shock as she watched Bone curl himself around the snapper and begin to kiss her. Pomona did not seem surprised, this did not seem to be the first time they had an exchange like this. How long had this been going on behind her back? [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54377249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54377249&skin=0&apparel=754,425,27819,27820&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Just what the heck is going on here?" Karma spat, causing the couple to jump. Bone immediately moved away from Pomona, not meeting the spiral's gaze. "Hey Karma, we were just-" Pomona trailed away, also darting her eyes away from Karma's. "I can see that," Karma said bitterly. "How long have you two been a thing?" "I mean, we're not official yet or anything," Bone blurted out. "You two certainly seem very close," Karma snorted. "This is why we didn't tell you, Karma! We knew you would react like this!" Pomona shot back. Her harshness caught the spiral off guard. "We really haven't been together all that long, things just sort of happened! Bone was upset because of Age being sick, and I was staying with Virtue for a bit! We promise, this doesn't change anything, we can still move into the house together like we were planning to! You're still our best friend! But just because you don't want to be in a relationship doesn't mean that we can't be!" Karma was still too in shock to properly respond. "I'll talk to you later, I need to go process," She mumbled. "By the way, because you both missed it, Jett apparently has a sister and is trying to take over the kingdom, so there." Karma immediately left, not giving her friends a chance to respond. How had she not seen this coming? She should have seen this coming. What did this mean for their friend group? Despite the fact they had said that this wouldn't change anything, Karma couldn't help but feel like this was going to change everything. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/61#post_40798014]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon[/center] ----- This is one of the few times that I wish I could do this in movie/tv format instead of writing, because there were so many scenes and interactions I wanted to have happen during the ball, and I could see it all flow so well if it was made up of camera angles, but it was all too much to fit in writing, especially with the frequency I would have had to change POVs. Instead, I narrowed it down to two and tried to fit in as many of the interactions as I could. Also, welcome to Blackwolf, my current traveling dragon! I have a feeling that he's going to be around for a while, his lore really works for this clan! Also, it was fun to lay the groundwork for some future relationships! I honestly didn't expect this pinkerlocke have so much around romantic relationships, but I guess that's what happens when you randomize theme songs for a breeding game, with the saturation of love songs there are out there. It certainly gives me the chance to explore more relationship dynamics and how they play out!

Day 69: The Starfall Ball
Desert Diadem
Sentence: Stop giving me trinkets, Pink, I don't have time for art right now! I'm just going to go ahead and write the Starfall Ball and I just owe y'all 2 arts later.

dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png

The Starfall Ball had arrived. Age was still feeling too unwell to attend herself, but her children had graciously agreed to help out wherever possible. Bahat and Bonegnasher were on greeting duty, ensuring every dragons that walked through the doors felt welcomed.

The turnout was fantastic. Most of the dragons who resided in the city had made an appearance, keen to gather for The Forgotten Kingdom's first official elemental celebration. The ballroom was decked out in a manner of decorations. They were fairly simple, Bohrium had just used his arcane magic to cast a few stars and galaxies across the ceiling, but they cast the room in a stunning glow.

Bahat could tell that Bone was getting bored. Ever since Pomona had arrived, he had grown restless. Bahat knew that after spending so much time in the palace, with their mother's sickness and all, his brother was really missing his time with his friends. This only became more clear once Karma entered the room, alongside her siblings Cecily and Lucian.
dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png
scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png

Bahat, however was too distracted to pay his brother much mind. While his brothers had spent a lot of time with Cecily and Lucian as hatchlings, he himself had never officially met them. Now they were fully grown, and Cecily was absolutely stunning. Bahat had never understood how Bone had changed so drastically when he had fallen for Bailaduel, but now he had the inexpiable urge to meet her and get to know her.

"You better watch out," Bone whispered to Bahat. "If Karma catches you looking at her sister like that, she'll have your ears."

Bahat looked away guiltily. Bone was right. This was silly. He didn't even know her. However, even with this rationalization, he wanted to go over to her and introduce himself properly. He watched as the trio disappeared into the crowd, and Bahat turned his focus back to greeting, just in time as Violet fluttered in, accompanied by a wildclaw Bahat had never met.
dragon?did=54433580&skin=0&apparel=750,1753,21243,21292,21300,25797,25793&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png

"Hey Vi, who's your date?" Bone asked, nodding politely. Bahat was surprised by the familiarity in his tone, until he remembered Bone mentioning her a couple times when recounting his escapades at the Siren's Call.

"Gillian's not my date, he's just a friend," Violet shot back, then lowered her voice to a whisper. "I keep trying to break it off with Jett, but he doesn't seem to be able to get the message and charming me over again, so I'm hoping this gives him a clear idea of who's side I'm on."

Bahat had no idea what she was talking about, but Bone seemed to understand. He recognized the knowing twinkle in his brother's eye. Since when was Bone so open and friendly with everyone in the kingdom? Bahat guessed he should be doing a better job of connecting with the dragons who could someday be his subjects. Even though over a year had passed since his family had ascended to royalty, he still wasn't used to the idea he might someday be king. Bone seemed a much better candidate for the job anyway.

"Jett? Yeah, maybe you should go talk to Karma," Bone shrugged. "I mean, she doesn't know her dad now, but she's always looking for a way to annoy him. You two haven't officially met have you? Beyond her serving you occasionally?"

Violet shook her head.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Bone grinned. "Let's go!"

"Bone!" Bahat called out after his brother, but it was too late. He was already gone. The mirror sighed, resigning himself to welcoming duty alone.

Most of the dragons seemed to have arrived by now, and Bahat found himself getting bored. He wished he could go and mingle too, and try to get over the anxiety pounding in his heart. He wished he was more at ease around other dragons, and this was the perfect opportunity to get some practice, if only he could leave.

Suddenly, there was a tap on his shoulder, causing the mirror to almost jump out of his skin. He spun around to see Cecily grinning at him, Lucian fluttering by her shoulder. Bahat felt his stomach twist, and he began to wonder if this was how his father felt when he had met his mother. The story of how his father had fallen through a thornbush at their first meeting had become a favourite family story, and Bahat had always wondered how he hadn't died from embarrassment. Right now his throat felt dry and he had to concentrate on where his feet were so they didn't fail him.

"Can I help you with anything?" Bahat stammered.

Cecily just giggled. Lucian rolled his eyes, but said nothing. Bahat was suddenly very aware of how the fae was glaring at him.

"I was wondering if you could show me around the palace. I've always been curious about it, but Karma would never let me go. She said I'd bother the dragons working here," Cecily said, grinning excitedly. She said it like it was an adventure, and something reminded Bahat of his hatchlinghood, exploring the city with his brother. Those were days he missed. Now Bone seemed to have all the adventures without him.

"Why are you asking me?" Bahat asked.

"Because you're cute and you seem sweet, and despite what Karma says, I don't think all men are evil," Cecily said. "Besides, you're Bohrium and Boo's brother, how bad can you be? We're going to be spending time together anyways once Bohr starts his Bastions & Beastclans campaign. You're playing, right?"

Cecily was surprisingly blunt.

"Come on Ses, this is a bad idea," Lucian rolled his eyes. "Let's just go explore on our own, like we talked about. We don't need some boring prince showing us around."

"Don't listen to him," Cecily said. "Are you coming?"

Before Bahat could respond, a pearlcatcher that he had never seen before burst into the room in a panic. He looked absolutely exhausted, and pearl good was leaking out of his mouth. Clearly something big had happened and he hadn't yet had the time to add it to his pearl. He was accompanied by a wraith hound.

"Please, you have to help me! I need to talk to whoever runs this kingdom immediately!" The pearlcatcher gasped, wiping away some of the goo drips from his mouth and sending them splattering to the floor.

"Woah, slow down, what's going on? Who are you?" Bahat asked.

"Come on Cecily, let's go," Lucian rolled his eyes. Bahat watched helplessly as the two disappeared into the corridor, leaving him feeling like he had just missed out on the perfect opportunity to meet his sort of people.

"Please, it's important!" The pearlcatcher huffed. "My name is Blackwolf and I had the most terrible dream! Danger is coming to this city!"

Before Bahat could respond, the room went black, all the the light from Bohrium's magic sucked out of the air.

"It's beginning," Blackwolf whispered in horror.

Karma had been searching for her siblings when the darkness fell. They had disappeared while she had been confronting her mother about flirting with a muscular imperial with a metal spine. She hoped they weren't getting themselves into too much trouble, they had a tendency to do that.

When the lights came back on, Jett and Scoril were standing on a balcony, overlooking the small crowd below. A gem guardian was whizzing around the room, releasing arcane energy back into the air and restoring the room to its former glory.
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,10362,13809,13793&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png
31686.png

"Hello peasants!" Jett said, grinning widely. Karma glowered at her father, but he didn't seem to see her. "We have come with an incredible announcement, one that will bring great change to the Forgotten Kingdom!"

"That's right!" Scoril grinned slyly. "There's a new queen in town."

"My dearest sister, Juliette, has recently arrived in the city from Windkeep Tower, and the two of us have decided to take back what it ours," Jett grinned. "Now don't worry, you can keep this dump of a palace and all that, we're just setting up operation in another corner of the city. We defy the rule of Age and her bloodline, and instead seek to build up something entirely new! All those who wish to join us and have a share in the riches, hit me up, and I can connect you with the password." The wildclaw winked. "Ours is not a kingdom of tradition and hierarchy, we are embracing out true shadow nature and are building a new kingdom of independence and freedom, where dragons are bound by no laws, only a shared vision."

"You can't do this!" A voice shouted from the crowd. Karma was surprised to see Violet speaking up. The spiral had always seemed so reserved, and now she stared defiantly up at Jett, as though she wanted to rip him apart.

"Oh babe, I tried giving you another chance to give up this foolish dream and join us, but I'm afraid you've chosen the losing side. Gillian doesn't have the resources to seek out the lost fortune, but we do, and when we find it, we will turn this clan into something better," Jett grinned. "Enjoy the party, Scoril and I will be around to answer any questions as the evening progresses."

Karma couldn't believe the audacity of her father. Age and the royal family had been nothing but kind to the clan. What did they think they were playing at?

In her anger, Karma wanted nothing more than to sneak away to some corner with her friends to rant, but as she scanned the room, she saw no sign of either Bone or Pomona. Deciding she would confront her father later, she sneaked away to search for her friends.

She found them in Bone's room. Neither of them noticed her at first, they were too wrapped up in each other. Karma stared in shock as she watched Bone curl himself around the snapper and begin to kiss her. Pomona did not seem surprised, this did not seem to be the first time they had an exchange like this. How long had this been going on behind her back?
dragon?did=54377249&skin=0&apparel=754,425,27819,27820&xt=dressing.png

"Just what the heck is going on here?" Karma spat, causing the couple to jump. Bone immediately moved away from Pomona, not meeting the spiral's gaze.

"Hey Karma, we were just-" Pomona trailed away, also darting her eyes away from Karma's.

"I can see that," Karma said bitterly. "How long have you two been a thing?"

"I mean, we're not official yet or anything," Bone blurted out.

"You two certainly seem very close," Karma snorted.

"This is why we didn't tell you, Karma! We knew you would react like this!" Pomona shot back. Her harshness caught the spiral off guard. "We really haven't been together all that long, things just sort of happened! Bone was upset because of Age being sick, and I was staying with Virtue for a bit! We promise, this doesn't change anything, we can still move into the house together like we were planning to! You're still our best friend! But just because you don't want to be in a relationship doesn't mean that we can't be!"

Karma was still too in shock to properly respond. "I'll talk to you later, I need to go process," She mumbled. "By the way, because you both missed it, Jett apparently has a sister and is trying to take over the kingdom, so there."

Karma immediately left, not giving her friends a chance to respond. How had she not seen this coming? She should have seen this coming. What did this mean for their friend group? Despite the fact they had said that this wouldn't change anything, Karma couldn't help but feel like this was going to change everything.

This is one of the few times that I wish I could do this in movie/tv format instead of writing, because there were so many scenes and interactions I wanted to have happen during the ball, and I could see it all flow so well if it was made up of camera angles, but it was all too much to fit in writing, especially with the frequency I would have had to change POVs. Instead, I narrowed it down to two and tried to fit in as many of the interactions as I could.

Also, welcome to Blackwolf, my current traveling dragon! I have a feeling that he's going to be around for a while, his lore really works for this clan!

Also, it was fun to lay the groundwork for some future relationships! I honestly didn't expect this pinkerlocke have so much around romantic relationships, but I guess that's what happens when you randomize theme songs for a breeding game, with the saturation of love songs there are out there. It certainly gives me the chance to explore more relationship dynamics and how they play out!
[quote]Bastions & Beastclans[/quote] lol nerds I can totally imagine the dramatic camerawork that could go into Jett's and Scoril's appearance :D It's really hard to describe in words, but it's basically how I imagined the scene going down even before I read your note about doing it in movie/tv format. So, considering the limitations of writing for what you WANTED to convey, I'd say you did a pretty good job! I noticed something similar with trying to randomize songs for my own otherwise-uninspired dragons, and I've only given a song to one dragon so far. I didn't actually realize how many love songs I HAD but I went through like four songs that either didn't give me a vibe I could work with or were love songs before I finally settled on a song about... lost love.
Quote:
Bastions & Beastclans
lol nerds

I can totally imagine the dramatic camerawork that could go into Jett's and Scoril's appearance :D It's really hard to describe in words, but it's basically how I imagined the scene going down even before I read your note about doing it in movie/tv format. So, considering the limitations of writing for what you WANTED to convey, I'd say you did a pretty good job!

I noticed something similar with trying to randomize songs for my own otherwise-uninspired dragons, and I've only given a song to one dragon so far. I didn't actually realize how many love songs I HAD but I went through like four songs that either didn't give me a vibe I could work with or were love songs before I finally settled on a song about... lost love.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 141 142