Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 141 142
@Leopardmask

It's true, it does lend itself to a bit of predictability! But it's all part of the fun, especially when I can bring in dragons like Juliette! I've had her for a year and a half now, and when I realized I could bring her in, it was too good an opportunity to pass up!

I sure got lucky with her!

@Disillusionist

I haven't settled on a plan yet, I need to do a bit more scrying! I'm open to suggestions though!

I wasn't expecting it to get as intense as it was, but once the conversation started, it became really clear how Karma stood and she wasn't going to let one of her best friends get away with it!

Oh trust me, the fun with Juliette and Thorburn is just beginning! I'm glad I can bring them in to their full potential now! They were more side characters in Windkeep Tower, and now its their tie to shine! (I'm hoping with all my pinkerlockes, I can bring in two or three of my Windkeep dragons as NPCs in one way or another!)
@Leopardmask

It's true, it does lend itself to a bit of predictability! But it's all part of the fun, especially when I can bring in dragons like Juliette! I've had her for a year and a half now, and when I realized I could bring her in, it was too good an opportunity to pass up!

I sure got lucky with her!

@Disillusionist

I haven't settled on a plan yet, I need to do a bit more scrying! I'm open to suggestions though!

I wasn't expecting it to get as intense as it was, but once the conversation started, it became really clear how Karma stood and she wasn't going to let one of her best friends get away with it!

Oh trust me, the fun with Juliette and Thorburn is just beginning! I'm glad I can bring them in to their full potential now! They were more side characters in Windkeep Tower, and now its their tie to shine! (I'm hoping with all my pinkerlockes, I can bring in two or three of my Windkeep dragons as NPCs in one way or another!)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh my god, Cecily is a pretty pastel baby. I love both of these little beans already.

I looked, and I am excited and worried.
Oh my god, Cecily is a pretty pastel baby. I love both of these little beans already.

I looked, and I am excited and worried.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Wait, how do you get the dragon's head images into a picture, and have their apparel update like a normal dragon link, and have them lead to the dragon pages?
Wait, how do you get the dragon's head images into a picture, and have their apparel update like a normal dragon link, and have them lead to the dragon pages?
@MisterMylez There's a couple of good tutorials out there! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1920088]Here's[/url] a good one that I could find (I figured it would be easier than explaining the process myself) To link it to the dragon, I just take the code that appears when you click "generate code" on a dragon's profile, and replace the link between the [code][img][/img][/code] with the link to the dragon's avatar! It's pretty simple when you get the hang of it!
@MisterMylez

There's a couple of good tutorials out there! Here's a good one that I could find (I figured it would be easier than explaining the process myself) To link it to the dragon, I just take the code that appears when you click "generate code" on a dragon's profile, and replace the link between the
Code:
[img][/img]
with the link to the dragon's avatar! It's pretty simple when you get the hang of it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/55#post_40657336]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 63: If I Lose Myself[/u][/b] [item=chipped blackened legbones][item=kamaitachi blades] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798929][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bonegnasher looked down the palace corridor warily, half expecting Bailaduel to jump out at him. The hall was empty, however, so Bone pressed onwards until he stood outside the door to Coldstorm's quarters. Taking a deep breath, he knocked. There was no answer. Bonegnasher began to fidget as he waited for his son. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. What if Coldstorm didn't want to see him? He knocked again, getting no response again. Just as he turned to go, a door creaked open and Boo peeked out of the neighbouring suite. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54870080][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54870080&skin=0&apparel=24234&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Bone?" His brother exclaimed in surprise, looking utterly delighted. "Hey Boo, how's it going?" Bone shifted his weight awkwardly. "Good, good. How are you?" As Boo asked the question, his eyes met Bone, and the tundra felt as though he was staring straight into his soul. It made him uncomfortable. "I'm fine," Bone responded quickly. "Have you seen Coldstorm anywhere?" "Not for a few days actually," Boo admitted. "I know he likes to patrol the city or something, he has a pretty wacky outfit for it, but I'm starting to get worried. He's never been gone this long, and he seems to have been a bit off since finding Bailaduel. I've tried talking to him about it, but he hasn't said anything. I thought finding Lucian's egg might perk him up, but he seems to have fallen even deeper into whatever it is he's dealing with." "Oh." This was not the news Bone had hoped to hear. Karma was right, he really should have been more vigilant about being a father, even though Coldstorm was almost fully grown. "But hey, I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later!" Boo pointed out. That was Boo, ever the optimist. "Hey, if you're sticking around, maybe you should talk with Bahat. I know he misses you." After their last conversation months ago, Bone didn't really want to go talk to his brother, but if he was going to get better at this whole communication thing, he might as well start there. "Thank you," Bone sighed. "Anytime. And hey-" Boo said, looking at his brother softly. "I know things are rough on you too. If you ever want to talk, I'm always happy to listen." "Thank you, Boo," Bone said, smiling a bit. The thought of talking to his younger brother about everything going on in his life felt a bit strange, but he appreciated the sentiment greatly. "I'll tell Coldstorm you were looking for him," Boo added as the tundra turned away to find his clutchmate. It wasn't particularly hard to find Bahat. He didn't leave the palace much, so Bone was able to find him in the room they had once shared. Bone hadn't exactly officially moved out, but he had been finding himself spending less and less time at the palace and more crashing at various empty houses in the Living District. He, Pomona and Karma had been talking about moving to their own place once Cecily and Lucian were old enough to look after themselves. When he opened the door, Bahat was pacing circles around the floor. When He looked up to see Bone, he raced towards him and embraced him in a big hug. Bone felt his brother's body shaking, and felt tears soak into his fur. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Woah! I didn't expect you to be that happy to see me! I haven't been gone that long!" Bone teased. His grin, however, faded when Bahat didn't joke back. "Mom's sick," the mirror said, shaking more. "Apparently when Dad woke up this morning, she wasn't herself. He doesn't know what's gotten into her." Bone felt his stomach drop. "What happened? Is she going to be okay?" He asked, feeling his insides twist. "We don't know yet. All we know is that the mark that's been on her face from when Nevaeh passed away is gone," Bahat sniffed, curling into his brother's thick fur. "Nobody else knows yet. Grandma's trying to find Ulf to see if he knows anything about it. He's went out hunting with Bailaduel earlier." Unable to say anything, Bone pulled his brother close and wrapped himself around him. He thought his world had been shaken when Bailaduel left him with a son to raise, after all she had done to teach him to be strong. Now he knew what it really felt to have it all threaten to fall apart, and he suddenly began to regret his past months of distance. All he wanted now was to hold his family close, and fight off anything that threatened its safety. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=29&wings=114&auth=50b3a7330bd8f93c91ff18ff6edf77215eb644c4&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51025816][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ulf had resented hunting with Bailaduel at first, but the more time passed, the more he enjoyed their outings. For one, it allowed him to keep an eye on her to make sure she wasn't doing anything to harm the kingdom. Secondly, he found their conversations to be rather interesting. What had started as her challenging him had turned into a relatively friendly banter. If Ulf didn't know Bailaduel any better, he would have said that she was growing to kind of like him. "So tell me again, why are you so devoted to Larkin? I mean, I know she's your charge and all, but you're not actually a guardian or anything. Shouldn't you be more concerned with shade-hunting or whatever it is that you seekers are called to do?" Bailaduel asked as they wandered the overgrown knowledge district in search of food. "Larkin brought light to the darkness. She is key in defeating the curse," Ulf said. "Yeah, but the curse is not the shade. They're different," Bailaduel pointed out. "Maybe so, but they are both forms of evil. I think the seeker call is an over-all pursuit of good over evil," Ulf mused. "Like the time you locked up Khepri and made him lose his mind?" Bailaduel asked pointedly. Ulf didn't know how to answer that. "Honestly, cut the excuses. [i]Why[/i] are you so devoted to this kingdom? Why tie yourself to other dragons when you have a much greater quest at hand?" "I-" Ulf sighed. What he was about to tell her, he hadn't admitted to anyone before. "Speak up! Come on, you know I won't tell anyone? What good will gossip do me?" Bailaduel pointed out. "What my daughter sees in it, I will never understand. No, this is simply to satisfy my own curiosity." "Since I was hatched in the Viridian Labyrinth, and wasn't born a gaoler, I can't smell the shade," Ulf admitted. "I came into being in a world steeped with it, it smells no different than anything else I've ever known. Because of that, I never actually made it into the Seeker Order, or any of the orders for the matter. I went through all the training, saw the glamor and honor of the Gaoler life, and then was barred from it all. I know I'm not a real gaoler, but I still want to do what I can. I can't fight the shade, but I can fight evil as a whole. I can still serve the Icewarden that way, even if he won't have me as one of his own." "Wow. I was not expecting that. I thought you were going to tell me you had a crush on Larkin or something," Bailaduel whistled. Ulf felt himself growing warm. The wildclaw's assumption felt too close to home. Despite his claims that he only cared for her so deeply because she would have been his charge, he couldn't deny there had been other feelings that were growing more obvious as of late. But Larkin was devoted to her work and family, and she had loved Topaz completely. She saw Ulf as a friend and confidant, and Ulf could not break that by admitting his attraction to her. "Ah," Bailaduel nodded, correctly interpreting his silence. She opened her mouth to say more when suddenly Ulf smelled a familiar dragon approaching them. He immediately felt guilty for what he had been thinking, though Larkin's warm scent brought butterflies to his stomach. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Ulf! There you are! Age is sick, you have to come back to the palace immediately!" Larkin puffed, out of breath from her flight here. "Virtue has agreed to take in Bailaduel and help her continue her healing." "Hey! I don't need anymore babysitting!" Bailaduel piped up. "It's been agreed by Age and the council that until we are certain you won't kill yourself trying to leave the city, you are to remain in care," Larkin reminded her. "Virtue knows better than to patronize you, she is merely offering a place while Ulf is busy with the current circumstances." "Gosh, you don't have to sound like a talking decree," Bailaduel rolled her eyes. "I really don't need that level of formality. I'll go. I don't like it, but I'll go." Ulf barely heard the wildclaw. He was already making his way back to the palace. Age needed him, and he had sworn to protect Larkin and her family. He would do his duty. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/57#post_40687987]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon[/center] ----- So, more plot stuff upcoming! I figured the leadership was growing too stable, and I hadn't really implemented Age's theme song much, so it was time to shake things up a little! Also, I've been meaning to give Ulf and Bailaduel more scenes together for a while now, and I'm glad to be able to finally get into it some more!

Day 63: If I Lose Myself
Chipped Blackened Legbones Kamaitachi Blades
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png

Bonegnasher looked down the palace corridor warily, half expecting Bailaduel to jump out at him. The hall was empty, however, so Bone pressed onwards until he stood outside the door to Coldstorm's quarters. Taking a deep breath, he knocked.

There was no answer.

Bonegnasher began to fidget as he waited for his son. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. What if Coldstorm didn't want to see him? He knocked again, getting no response again.

Just as he turned to go, a door creaked open and Boo peeked out of the neighbouring suite.
dragon?did=54870080&skin=0&apparel=24234&xt=dressing.png

"Bone?" His brother exclaimed in surprise, looking utterly delighted.

"Hey Boo, how's it going?" Bone shifted his weight awkwardly.

"Good, good. How are you?" As Boo asked the question, his eyes met Bone, and the tundra felt as though he was staring straight into his soul. It made him uncomfortable.

"I'm fine," Bone responded quickly. "Have you seen Coldstorm anywhere?"

"Not for a few days actually," Boo admitted. "I know he likes to patrol the city or something, he has a pretty wacky outfit for it, but I'm starting to get worried. He's never been gone this long, and he seems to have been a bit off since finding Bailaduel. I've tried talking to him about it, but he hasn't said anything. I thought finding Lucian's egg might perk him up, but he seems to have fallen even deeper into whatever it is he's dealing with."

"Oh." This was not the news Bone had hoped to hear. Karma was right, he really should have been more vigilant about being a father, even though Coldstorm was almost fully grown.

"But hey, I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later!" Boo pointed out. That was Boo, ever the optimist. "Hey, if you're sticking around, maybe you should talk with Bahat. I know he misses you."

After their last conversation months ago, Bone didn't really want to go talk to his brother, but if he was going to get better at this whole communication thing, he might as well start there.

"Thank you," Bone sighed.

"Anytime. And hey-" Boo said, looking at his brother softly. "I know things are rough on you too. If you ever want to talk, I'm always happy to listen."

"Thank you, Boo," Bone said, smiling a bit. The thought of talking to his younger brother about everything going on in his life felt a bit strange, but he appreciated the sentiment greatly.

"I'll tell Coldstorm you were looking for him," Boo added as the tundra turned away to find his clutchmate.

It wasn't particularly hard to find Bahat. He didn't leave the palace much, so Bone was able to find him in the room they had once shared. Bone hadn't exactly officially moved out, but he had been finding himself spending less and less time at the palace and more crashing at various empty houses in the Living District. He, Pomona and Karma had been talking about moving to their own place once Cecily and Lucian were old enough to look after themselves.

When he opened the door, Bahat was pacing circles around the floor. When He looked up to see Bone, he raced towards him and embraced him in a big hug. Bone felt his brother's body shaking, and felt tears soak into his fur.
dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png

"Woah! I didn't expect you to be that happy to see me! I haven't been gone that long!" Bone teased. His grin, however, faded when Bahat didn't joke back.

"Mom's sick," the mirror said, shaking more. "Apparently when Dad woke up this morning, she wasn't herself. He doesn't know what's gotten into her."

Bone felt his stomach drop. "What happened? Is she going to be okay?" He asked, feeling his insides twist.

"We don't know yet. All we know is that the mark that's been on her face from when Nevaeh passed away is gone," Bahat sniffed, curling into his brother's thick fur. "Nobody else knows yet. Grandma's trying to find Ulf to see if he knows anything about it. He's went out hunting with Bailaduel earlier."

Unable to say anything, Bone pulled his brother close and wrapped himself around him. He thought his world had been shaken when Bailaduel left him with a son to raise, after all she had done to teach him to be strong. Now he knew what it really felt to have it all threaten to fall apart, and he suddenly began to regret his past months of distance. All he wanted now was to hold his family close, and fight off anything that threatened its safety.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=29&wings=114&auth=50b3a7330bd8f93c91ff18ff6edf77215eb644c4&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png

Ulf had resented hunting with Bailaduel at first, but the more time passed, the more he enjoyed their outings. For one, it allowed him to keep an eye on her to make sure she wasn't doing anything to harm the kingdom. Secondly, he found their conversations to be rather interesting. What had started as her challenging him had turned into a relatively friendly banter. If Ulf didn't know Bailaduel any better, he would have said that she was growing to kind of like him.

"So tell me again, why are you so devoted to Larkin? I mean, I know she's your charge and all, but you're not actually a guardian or anything. Shouldn't you be more concerned with shade-hunting or whatever it is that you seekers are called to do?" Bailaduel asked as they wandered the overgrown knowledge district in search of food.

"Larkin brought light to the darkness. She is key in defeating the curse," Ulf said.

"Yeah, but the curse is not the shade. They're different," Bailaduel pointed out.

"Maybe so, but they are both forms of evil. I think the seeker call is an over-all pursuit of good over evil," Ulf mused.

"Like the time you locked up Khepri and made him lose his mind?" Bailaduel asked pointedly. Ulf didn't know how to answer that. "Honestly, cut the excuses. Why are you so devoted to this kingdom? Why tie yourself to other dragons when you have a much greater quest at hand?"

"I-" Ulf sighed. What he was about to tell her, he hadn't admitted to anyone before.

"Speak up! Come on, you know I won't tell anyone? What good will gossip do me?" Bailaduel pointed out. "What my daughter sees in it, I will never understand. No, this is simply to satisfy my own curiosity."

"Since I was hatched in the Viridian Labyrinth, and wasn't born a gaoler, I can't smell the shade," Ulf admitted. "I came into being in a world steeped with it, it smells no different than anything else I've ever known. Because of that, I never actually made it into the Seeker Order, or any of the orders for the matter. I went through all the training, saw the glamor and honor of the Gaoler life, and then was barred from it all. I know I'm not a real gaoler, but I still want to do what I can. I can't fight the shade, but I can fight evil as a whole. I can still serve the Icewarden that way, even if he won't have me as one of his own."

"Wow. I was not expecting that. I thought you were going to tell me you had a crush on Larkin or something," Bailaduel whistled.

Ulf felt himself growing warm. The wildclaw's assumption felt too close to home. Despite his claims that he only cared for her so deeply because she would have been his charge, he couldn't deny there had been other feelings that were growing more obvious as of late. But Larkin was devoted to her work and family, and she had loved Topaz completely. She saw Ulf as a friend and confidant, and Ulf could not break that by admitting his attraction to her.

"Ah," Bailaduel nodded, correctly interpreting his silence. She opened her mouth to say more when suddenly Ulf smelled a familiar dragon approaching them. He immediately felt guilty for what he had been thinking, though Larkin's warm scent brought butterflies to his stomach.
dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png

"Ulf! There you are! Age is sick, you have to come back to the palace immediately!" Larkin puffed, out of breath from her flight here. "Virtue has agreed to take in Bailaduel and help her continue her healing."

"Hey! I don't need anymore babysitting!" Bailaduel piped up.

"It's been agreed by Age and the council that until we are certain you won't kill yourself trying to leave the city, you are to remain in care," Larkin reminded her. "Virtue knows better than to patronize you, she is merely offering a place while Ulf is busy with the current circumstances."

"Gosh, you don't have to sound like a talking decree," Bailaduel rolled her eyes. "I really don't need that level of formality. I'll go. I don't like it, but I'll go."

Ulf barely heard the wildclaw. He was already making his way back to the palace. Age needed him, and he had sworn to protect Larkin and her family. He would do his duty.

So, more plot stuff upcoming! I figured the leadership was growing too stable, and I hadn't really implemented Age's theme song much, so it was time to shake things up a little!

Also, I've been meaning to give Ulf and Bailaduel more scenes together for a while now, and I'm glad to be able to finally get into it some more!
Ulf is still a good lad. Nobody can change my mind~
Ulf is still a good lad. Nobody can change my mind~
@MisterMyles

Good. He needs all the love he can get!
@MisterMyles

Good. He needs all the love he can get!
I am worried about Age. Don't let her die :<
I am worried about Age. Don't let her die :<
@MisterMyles

Well, the good news is that she isn't involved in any Coli or Death Streak pulls... yet...
@MisterMyles

Well, the good news is that she isn't involved in any Coli or Death Streak pulls... yet...
i was about to say "don't kill age" but then realized i'd probably be a hypocrite
i was about to say "don't kill age" but then realized i'd probably be a hypocrite
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 141 142