Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 141 142
Awwww I love the dynamic between Bahat and Bonegnasher :D Bahat is becoming a great Trusty Sidekick to Bone!

Also yeah, starting Pinkerlocke updates before bed and then not stopping is such a mood. I do that all the time. Sometimes they turn out well (like this post did!) and... sometimes they don't :P
Awwww I love the dynamic between Bahat and Bonegnasher :D Bahat is becoming a great Trusty Sidekick to Bone!

Also yeah, starting Pinkerlocke updates before bed and then not stopping is such a mood. I do that all the time. Sometimes they turn out well (like this post did!) and... sometimes they don't :P
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Oh also I just have to comment on this part:
On being at the whims of parents one's entire life, “Oh, you’d be surprised,” says the one dragon who is willingly still clinging to her own mother XD
Oh also I just have to comment on this part:
On being at the whims of parents one's entire life, “Oh, you’d be surprised,” says the one dragon who is willingly still clinging to her own mother XD
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

I am enjoying the two of them so much! I've been meaning to write a chapter like this all week, but haven't had the chance to show them all grown up until now!

Lol you think I'd know better, I like finishing things and once I hit a good flow in writing, I jut don't stop! But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

That is kind of ironic, isn't it?
@Leopardmask

I am enjoying the two of them so much! I've been meaning to write a chapter like this all week, but haven't had the chance to show them all grown up until now!

Lol you think I'd know better, I like finishing things and once I hit a good flow in writing, I jut don't stop! But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

That is kind of ironic, isn't it?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Yikes, forgot to comment on the last update again. XD Fortunately, it's Friday night over here, so I've got plenty of time~ [b]Day 38[/b] I'm excited to see Nev's and Khepri's baby! I think you did a good job incorporating the incubation mechanic into this chapter, and Nevaeh being able to control the hatching time by incubating as needed. Speaking of time, maaaaan, it's time we had a jail break. xD [b]Day 39[/b] I love how you've dressed up the two brothers! Their outfits complement their personalities so well. I especially like how chill Bahat looks. “Bailaduel’s never happy." Ahahaaaa, that's a 100%-accurate Story of Her Life right there. xDD This chapter was also a good reminder of how even though the kingdom's isolated, it's not completely inaccessible. And your new dragons are all so gorgeous, wow!! Such beautiful colors and apparel. Also-- *high-fives Age* --I'm glad to see someone else is thinking the same way as me. It's tiiiime to break freeeee~ [emoji=music notes size=1]
@Petall Yikes, forgot to comment on the last update again. XD Fortunately, it's Friday night over here, so I've got plenty of time~

Day 38
I'm excited to see Nev's and Khepri's baby! I think you did a good job incorporating the incubation mechanic into this chapter, and Nevaeh being able to control the hatching time by incubating as needed. Speaking of time, maaaaan, it's time we had a jail break. xD

Day 39
I love how you've dressed up the two brothers! Their outfits complement their personalities so well. I especially like how chill Bahat looks.

“Bailaduel’s never happy." Ahahaaaa, that's a 100%-accurate Story of Her Life right there. xDD

This chapter was also a good reminder of how even though the kingdom's isolated, it's not completely inaccessible. And your new dragons are all so gorgeous, wow!! Such beautiful colors and apparel. Also-- *high-fives Age* --I'm glad to see someone else is thinking the same way as me. It's tiiiime to break freeeee~
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I'm super hyped too, I've been waiting to breed them for forever!

Honestly, sometimes its strange to have the kingdom as isolated as it is, in comparison to Windkeep Tower where there are so many dragons passing through in the background of everything, and that its defined by hustle and bustle.
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I'm super hyped too, I've been waiting to breed them for forever!

Honestly, sometimes its strange to have the kingdom as isolated as it is, in comparison to Windkeep Tower where there are so many dragons passing through in the background of everything, and that its defined by hustle and bustle.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/32#post_40157848]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 40: Nightfall[/u][/b] [item=blue dragon seaslug][item=golden-laced rooster] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles, 40-50 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51025816][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798929][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Just where do you think you're going?" Bailaduel asked. Bonegnasher and Bahat spun around, wearing guilty expressions. The wildclaw sighed. It didn't feel right to still treat them like children. They were fully grown dragons and with their training, were fully capable of looking after themselves. "Nowhere," Bonegnasher said, smirking slightly. Bailaduel rolled her eyes. "No, you know what? This is silly, I shouldn't be babysitting you anymore. You are adults now and should be treated as such, it's time my role changed. Now tell me, what trouble are you trying to get yourselves into?" Bonegnasher and Bahat exchanged looks. "We wanted to go free Khepri," Bonegnasher admitted. "I've heard mom and dad talk about it. No one is doing anything, and I know it's because they're scared of getting attacked back. We want to show them that they don't need to worry about us anymore, and that we can help. We're tired of there being so many secrets." "You know what? That's fair. Come on then, let's go free Khepri," It was a crazy idea, but Bailaduel herself was starting to feel a little restless after the simplicity of her job. The sooner she finished, the sooner she could move on to bigger and better things. "Wait, you're coming too?" Bahat asked, fins flattened nervously against his head. "Of course! I'm tired of this waiting game too, and I still have a job to do. Besides, both of you are new to this sort of thing, you're going to need my help," Bailaduel pointed out. Bonegnasher looked like someone had given him the moon. Bahat, on the other hand, was shifting his weight nervously, as if he hadn't exactly expected Bonegnasher to go through with it. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Bailaduel urged. As the three left the camp, the moon began to rise higher in the sky. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52650538][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Khepri hardly knew what day it was anymore. He had given up. Given up on rescue, and given up on Nevaeh's love for him. There was nothing left but work, and even that failed to bring him the joy it usually did. His favourite part of work was making something for someone else, and no he had no special person to make things for. Scoril had been coming pretty regularly, and each visit left him worst off than the last. His mind was constantly flooded with bad memories and visions of an equally bad future. It was hard to pick fact from fiction anymore. Suddenly, the was the creak of his cell door swinging open. At first, Khepri thought he had imagined it, but as he lifted his head, he saw a tundra and mirror slip in, led by a wildclaw. He didn't recognize any of them. At first, he thought they might be dragons coming to collect on his contract to the forge, but he soon realized that the wildclaw's eyes were the red of plague, not the fiery orange of the fire flight. Perhaps they too had come to torture him then. "What are you, a great lump? Get up and get moving! Scoril won't be out forever!" The wildclaw hissed. Hardly believing his ears, Khepri scrambled to his feet. Part of him thought this may be just another of Scoril's hallucinations, but what more did he had left anyways? Leaving all of his work behind, he followed the trio out of the cell and into a palace corridor. "I just can't get over how awesome a place this is!" The tundra exclaimed in a loud whisper, only to be shushed by a mirror with similar splotches. Now, where had he seen splotches like that before...? Then it clicked. These two must be Age and Accident's children, all grown up. He must have been in there longer than he thought. Or he was right and it really was a hallucination. It wasn't until he actually tasted the fresh air on his tongue and felt a light breeze on his scales that he realized that he was really free. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Seaberry wiped a glass that didn't need cleaning as she stared at the empty tavern. Taverns weren't nearly as fun without the crowds, and she had yet to see a hot guy she wanted to flirt with. The brothers that had visited a few nights ago were sweet, but neither of them were her type. Perhaps she should give up and move on elsewhere- Just as the thought occurred to her, the door to the Siren's Call opened and the same group of dragons that had arrived when the boys were visiting walked in. Something about them seemed off. For one, there seemed to be a more somber air about them. Secondly, one of their number, the mirror, seemed to be missing. Seaberry felt her heart drop as the sisters made their way to the same fireside table the had occupied their previous visit, fearing the worst. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54020446][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54020446&skin=0&apparel=10390,30550,30549,29008,491&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54077498][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54077498&skin=25608&apparel=3289,2463,29008&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54077499][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54077499&skin=0&apparel=15272,15273,15270&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] As there was no one else in the tavern needed attention, Seaberry left her station and went to join the gathered dragons, hoping that her assumptions were wrong. "Can I get you all anything?" She asked politely. "Huh?" Hayze asked, lifting her head. The blue tundra seemed to be the only dragon who noticed her arrival, Virtue being too distracted trying to soothe a sobbing Hollyn. "Drinks? Do you need anything?" Seaberry asked again, feeling like she was intruding on something. She ignored the feeling, as she usually did. "Yes, drinks," Hayze said, as if suddenly remembering their reason for coming. "We'll get a hot chocolate for Hollyn, and Virtue and I will have whatever's on special tonight." The tundra seemed significantly more subdued than she had before, there was a hollowness behind her eyes that Seaberry recognized. She had seen death often, having grown up in the Scarred Wasteland. Her own sister had died, and her mother had killed her father. She had had to grow accustomed to the fickle nature of life quickly. Her heart went out to the newcomers, a feeling that took her by surprised. She was not accustomed to feeling sorry for others. "Alright, I'll bring that right up, on the house," Seaberry said, slipping away quietly. She prepared the drinks as quickly as she could, keeping an ear out for and conversations between the sisters. Their voices were far too hushed for her to pick up on any specific words. As soon as she had finished boiling and mixing, she placed the drinks on the tray, one hot chocolate and two coffees, adding a special addition to the coffees to soften the blow. "Do you mind if I sit?" Seaberry asked. Virtue glared at her, but Hayze moved over to make room. "Do you mind if I ask, how did Harlowe die?" An awkward silence hung over the table. Seaberry guessed they were trying to figure out how she knew. Maybe she should have been a bit more subtle, but she had inherited her mother's bluntness and subtly did not come naturally to me. "Hollyn was having a particularly bad night last night, and Harlowe's always been protective of her. I mean, she was protective of all of us, by Hollyn's a special case. Harlowe lost her in eye in the same incident where-" Hayze cast a glance at Hollyn, then changed the subject. "Harlowe was getting all riled up, and the next thing we knew, she was shaking on the ground." "We need to get moving," Virtue cut in, glaring at Hayze and Seaberry. "It clearly isn't safe here, and we can't establish a clan if there's already one here. I'm sorry, but I can't lose another sister." "Virtue, let's not be too hasty," Hayze said, looking like she wanted to snap back at Virtue, but thought better of it. The energy of the room was clear, whatever plan they had before probably seemed pointless without their sister. "It was probably the curse," Seaberry explained. She knew she didn't fit into this conversation, but she couldn't help but jump in. "I don't know much about it, there haven't been any deaths since before my time, but there is a way to keep yourselves safe." Virtue's eyes darted from Hollyn to Seaberry. "Why didn't you tell us any of this sooner?" She growled. "I didn't think you were staying, you sounded like you wanted to move on pretty quickly, and..." Seaberry paused, trying to figure out the best way to phrase this in a way that wouldn't scare the grieving dragons more. "It's been rather difficult to get to the beacon lately. It's in the palace, and that's a place most dragons here avoid if they can. The current king and his fiance are rather volatile and unpleasant. If you are planning to stay, I can try to see about getting you up there though, or getting someone to fetch you an lantern." "That won't be necessary," Virtue said curtly. Seaberry felt something within her fall. There was something she liked about this group, despite herself, and she was sad to see them go. "Are you an idiot?!" Hayze exclaimed. "I mean, I'm sorry, I don't really mean it, but we don't know how long it will take to get out of here. Surely it's best that we get the protection we can so that we don't lose anyone else." The tundra cast a nervous glance at Hollyn, who was too engrossed in her hot chocolate to pay attention to the conversation. Virtue sighed. "I mean, I'd really like to leave tonight, before anything else can happen, but you're right." She turned to Seaberry. "So, tell us about these lanterns." Seaberry grinned, and began to explain what she had picked up from her time in the city. Even if they stayed just a bit longer, that would be enough for her. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/34#post_40191343]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism[/center] ----- I can't believe I lost Harlowe. It was the second to last battle of the first set, my team was level 4, I was being careful. Then, out of nowhere, Harlowe gets hit by an elemental attack from a janustrap and almost dies. I heal her, only for her to get hit again and to fall, as she wasn't fullly healed from the first attack. And now I get to use none of the lore ideas I had for her and the Sisters of Virtue dynamic is thrown off before I really have the chance to establish it. Bonegnasher is level 4, Bahat, Seaberry and Age are level 6. [b]Edit: If anyone wants Harlowe, you have until 23:59 FR time tomorrow (Sunday) to claim her![/b]

Day 40: Nightfall
Blue Dragon Seaslug Golden-Laced Rooster
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles, 40-50 Coli Battles

dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53798929&skin=0&apparel=5685,1253,5691,5686,5675,2973&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png

"Just where do you think you're going?" Bailaduel asked. Bonegnasher and Bahat spun around, wearing guilty expressions. The wildclaw sighed. It didn't feel right to still treat them like children. They were fully grown dragons and with their training, were fully capable of looking after themselves.

"Nowhere," Bonegnasher said, smirking slightly.

Bailaduel rolled her eyes. "No, you know what? This is silly, I shouldn't be babysitting you anymore. You are adults now and should be treated as such, it's time my role changed. Now tell me, what trouble are you trying to get yourselves into?"

Bonegnasher and Bahat exchanged looks.

"We wanted to go free Khepri," Bonegnasher admitted. "I've heard mom and dad talk about it. No one is doing anything, and I know it's because they're scared of getting attacked back. We want to show them that they don't need to worry about us anymore, and that we can help. We're tired of there being so many secrets."

"You know what? That's fair. Come on then, let's go free Khepri," It was a crazy idea, but Bailaduel herself was starting to feel a little restless after the simplicity of her job. The sooner she finished, the sooner she could move on to bigger and better things.

"Wait, you're coming too?" Bahat asked, fins flattened nervously against his head.

"Of course! I'm tired of this waiting game too, and I still have a job to do. Besides, both of you are new to this sort of thing, you're going to need my help," Bailaduel pointed out.

Bonegnasher looked like someone had given him the moon. Bahat, on the other hand, was shifting his weight nervously, as if he hadn't exactly expected Bonegnasher to go through with it.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Bailaduel urged. As the three left the camp, the moon began to rise higher in the sky.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png

Khepri hardly knew what day it was anymore. He had given up. Given up on rescue, and given up on Nevaeh's love for him. There was nothing left but work, and even that failed to bring him the joy it usually did. His favourite part of work was making something for someone else, and no he had no special person to make things for.

Scoril had been coming pretty regularly, and each visit left him worst off than the last. His mind was constantly flooded with bad memories and visions of an equally bad future. It was hard to pick fact from fiction anymore.

Suddenly, the was the creak of his cell door swinging open. At first, Khepri thought he had imagined it, but as he lifted his head, he saw a tundra and mirror slip in, led by a wildclaw. He didn't recognize any of them. At first, he thought they might be dragons coming to collect on his contract to the forge, but he soon realized that the wildclaw's eyes were the red of plague, not the fiery orange of the fire flight.

Perhaps they too had come to torture him then.

"What are you, a great lump? Get up and get moving! Scoril won't be out forever!" The wildclaw hissed.

Hardly believing his ears, Khepri scrambled to his feet. Part of him thought this may be just another of Scoril's hallucinations, but what more did he had left anyways? Leaving all of his work behind, he followed the trio out of the cell and into a palace corridor.

"I just can't get over how awesome a place this is!" The tundra exclaimed in a loud whisper, only to be shushed by a mirror with similar splotches. Now, where had he seen splotches like that before...?

Then it clicked. These two must be Age and Accident's children, all grown up. He must have been in there longer than he thought. Or he was right and it really was a hallucination.

It wasn't until he actually tasted the fresh air on his tongue and felt a light breeze on his scales that he realized that he was really free.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png

Seaberry wiped a glass that didn't need cleaning as she stared at the empty tavern. Taverns weren't nearly as fun without the crowds, and she had yet to see a hot guy she wanted to flirt with. The brothers that had visited a few nights ago were sweet, but neither of them were her type. Perhaps she should give up and move on elsewhere-

Just as the thought occurred to her, the door to the Siren's Call opened and the same group of dragons that had arrived when the boys were visiting walked in. Something about them seemed off. For one, there seemed to be a more somber air about them. Secondly, one of their number, the mirror, seemed to be missing. Seaberry felt her heart drop as the sisters made their way to the same fireside table the had occupied their previous visit, fearing the worst.
dragon?did=54020446&skin=0&apparel=10390,30550,30549,29008,491&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54077498&skin=25608&apparel=3289,2463,29008&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54077499&skin=0&apparel=15272,15273,15270&xt=dressing.png

As there was no one else in the tavern needed attention, Seaberry left her station and went to join the gathered dragons, hoping that her assumptions were wrong.

"Can I get you all anything?" She asked politely.

"Huh?" Hayze asked, lifting her head. The blue tundra seemed to be the only dragon who noticed her arrival, Virtue being too distracted trying to soothe a sobbing Hollyn.

"Drinks? Do you need anything?" Seaberry asked again, feeling like she was intruding on something. She ignored the feeling, as she usually did.

"Yes, drinks," Hayze said, as if suddenly remembering their reason for coming. "We'll get a hot chocolate for Hollyn, and Virtue and I will have whatever's on special tonight." The tundra seemed significantly more subdued than she had before, there was a hollowness behind her eyes that Seaberry recognized.

She had seen death often, having grown up in the Scarred Wasteland. Her own sister had died, and her mother had killed her father. She had had to grow accustomed to the fickle nature of life quickly. Her heart went out to the newcomers, a feeling that took her by surprised. She was not accustomed to feeling sorry for others.

"Alright, I'll bring that right up, on the house," Seaberry said, slipping away quietly.

She prepared the drinks as quickly as she could, keeping an ear out for and conversations between the sisters. Their voices were far too hushed for her to pick up on any specific words. As soon as she had finished boiling and mixing, she placed the drinks on the tray, one hot chocolate and two coffees, adding a special addition to the coffees to soften the blow.

"Do you mind if I sit?" Seaberry asked. Virtue glared at her, but Hayze moved over to make room. "Do you mind if I ask, how did Harlowe die?"

An awkward silence hung over the table. Seaberry guessed they were trying to figure out how she knew. Maybe she should have been a bit more subtle, but she had inherited her mother's bluntness and subtly did not come naturally to me.

"Hollyn was having a particularly bad night last night, and Harlowe's always been protective of her. I mean, she was protective of all of us, by Hollyn's a special case. Harlowe lost her in eye in the same incident where-" Hayze cast a glance at Hollyn, then changed the subject. "Harlowe was getting all riled up, and the next thing we knew, she was shaking on the ground."

"We need to get moving," Virtue cut in, glaring at Hayze and Seaberry. "It clearly isn't safe here, and we can't establish a clan if there's already one here. I'm sorry, but I can't lose another sister."

"Virtue, let's not be too hasty," Hayze said, looking like she wanted to snap back at Virtue, but thought better of it. The energy of the room was clear, whatever plan they had before probably seemed pointless without their sister.

"It was probably the curse," Seaberry explained. She knew she didn't fit into this conversation, but she couldn't help but jump in. "I don't know much about it, there haven't been any deaths since before my time, but there is a way to keep yourselves safe."

Virtue's eyes darted from Hollyn to Seaberry. "Why didn't you tell us any of this sooner?" She growled.

"I didn't think you were staying, you sounded like you wanted to move on pretty quickly, and..." Seaberry paused, trying to figure out the best way to phrase this in a way that wouldn't scare the grieving dragons more. "It's been rather difficult to get to the beacon lately. It's in the palace, and that's a place most dragons here avoid if they can. The current king and his fiance are rather volatile and unpleasant. If you are planning to stay, I can try to see about getting you up there though, or getting someone to fetch you an lantern."

"That won't be necessary," Virtue said curtly. Seaberry felt something within her fall. There was something she liked about this group, despite herself, and she was sad to see them go.

"Are you an idiot?!" Hayze exclaimed. "I mean, I'm sorry, I don't really mean it, but we don't know how long it will take to get out of here. Surely it's best that we get the protection we can so that we don't lose anyone else." The tundra cast a nervous glance at Hollyn, who was too engrossed in her hot chocolate to pay attention to the conversation.

Virtue sighed. "I mean, I'd really like to leave tonight, before anything else can happen, but you're right." She turned to Seaberry. "So, tell us about these lanterns."

Seaberry grinned, and began to explain what she had picked up from her time in the city. Even if they stayed just a bit longer, that would be enough for her.

I can't believe I lost Harlowe. It was the second to last battle of the first set, my team was level 4, I was being careful. Then, out of nowhere, Harlowe gets hit by an elemental attack from a janustrap and almost dies. I heal her, only for her to get hit again and to fall, as she wasn't fullly healed from the first attack. And now I get to use none of the lore ideas I had for her and the Sisters of Virtue dynamic is thrown off before I really have the chance to establish it.

Bonegnasher is level 4, Bahat, Seaberry and Age are level 6.

Edit: If anyone wants Harlowe, you have until 23:59 FR time tomorrow (Sunday) to claim her!
@Petall Fantastically written as always! I'm so glad they got Khepri out. I'm sure there will be consequences, but I'm just so stoked that he's free! :D And the tavern scene was very well done and a great way to explore Seaberry's character and past without diving into flashbacks. It'll also be interesting to see how a whole group of newcomers will deal with things. It's mostly been just individuals so far; now there's a whole group of them. I would also love to give Harlowe a home! She's very pretty! [emoji=bogsneak star size=1]
@Petall Fantastically written as always! I'm so glad they got Khepri out. I'm sure there will be consequences, but I'm just so stoked that he's free! :D

And the tavern scene was very well done and a great way to explore Seaberry's character and past without diving into flashbacks. It'll also be interesting to see how a whole group of newcomers will deal with things. It's mostly been just individuals so far; now there's a whole group of them.

I would also love to give Harlowe a home! She's very pretty!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I kept getting distracted while writing it, so I was getting worried about the flow of it! And yes, it feels good to free Khepri, finally a step in the right direction, although there is a lot more work to do!

Seaberry is honestly one of my favourite characters to write, and it's so much fun to be able to bring in a group of dragons at once. I know that's not something that's going to be able to happen a lot, simply because of the way that pinkerlocke rules work!

Awesome! You'll give her a great home! I'll send her over right away!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I kept getting distracted while writing it, so I was getting worried about the flow of it! And yes, it feels good to free Khepri, finally a step in the right direction, although there is a lot more work to do!

Seaberry is honestly one of my favourite characters to write, and it's so much fun to be able to bring in a group of dragons at once. I know that's not something that's going to be able to happen a lot, simply because of the way that pinkerlocke rules work!

Awesome! You'll give her a great home! I'll send her over right away!
@Petall I agree, Seaberry's a very dynamic character. Her emotions are always so close to the surface, and it's interesting to see how her slightly prickly personality plays off other characters'. Thanks again for letting me take care of Harlowe! [emoji=heart size=1] I'll probably start dressing her in a while. ^^ I saw your notes about the Sisters of Virtue, and there's a good chance I might reference them in her later lore -- would this be OK with you? This is the first Pinkerlocke thread I've ever followed, so I'm unsure about the rules, if "dead" dragons are allowed to interact with the remaining characters and so on. (I hope I'm not cluttering the thread; you can also PM me if you'd like. ^^)
@Petall I agree, Seaberry's a very dynamic character. Her emotions are always so close to the surface, and it's interesting to see how her slightly prickly personality plays off other characters'.

Thanks again for letting me take care of Harlowe! I'll probably start dressing her in a while. ^^ I saw your notes about the Sisters of Virtue, and there's a good chance I might reference them in her later lore -- would this be OK with you? This is the first Pinkerlocke thread I've ever followed, so I'm unsure about the rules, if "dead" dragons are allowed to interact with the remaining characters and so on. (I hope I'm not cluttering the thread; you can also PM me if you'd like. ^^)
@Disillusionist

Of course! I'm glad she's found such a good home! I love what you've put on her so far, and the outfit plan you have!

Because she's dead in my canon, I think future interaction with the sisters depends on what explanation you give for her becoming a part of her lore! For example, if someone else brings her to life or there is some explanation that keeps her death in the pinkerlocke canon, then for sure you can bring them to later parts of your lore! Otherwise, I am more than happy for you to use them for backstory or referencing for her time with them! I have a pretty elaborate backstory for them that I probably won't be sharing entirely in the locke, so if you want to know more about how the grew up and came to be, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly fill you in on the important details! But you're welcome to do whatever you like with her, I don't mind if you change things entirely if you want to, I just would want to find a way to make sense with my lore if they were to ever interact in the future, if that makes sense! And really, if you do want them to interact in the future, I am happy with any explanation, as long as there is one.

(And don't worry, you're not cluttering the thread!)
@Disillusionist

Of course! I'm glad she's found such a good home! I love what you've put on her so far, and the outfit plan you have!

Because she's dead in my canon, I think future interaction with the sisters depends on what explanation you give for her becoming a part of her lore! For example, if someone else brings her to life or there is some explanation that keeps her death in the pinkerlocke canon, then for sure you can bring them to later parts of your lore! Otherwise, I am more than happy for you to use them for backstory or referencing for her time with them! I have a pretty elaborate backstory for them that I probably won't be sharing entirely in the locke, so if you want to know more about how the grew up and came to be, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly fill you in on the important details! But you're welcome to do whatever you like with her, I don't mind if you change things entirely if you want to, I just would want to find a way to make sense with my lore if they were to ever interact in the future, if that makes sense! And really, if you do want them to interact in the future, I am happy with any explanation, as long as there is one.

(And don't worry, you're not cluttering the thread!)
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 141 142