Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 141 142
@Petall Your moodboards are awesome as always! Bonegnasher's is especially gorgeous, and aww, Seaberry's seems a little bit sad. Props to you for joining Art Fight! I don't think I could ever commit to that, wow. It's an excellent way to get some practice in, and I hope you also have fun with the challenges! ^^ [b]Day 35[/b] Bailaduel is one tough mother. "My daughter cares only for frivolous things. She is under no obligation to stay." Poor Seaberry's moodboard is making more sense now. She's got a spine of steel, though, and a tongue to match! XD I really liked the interaction between Age and Accident here. Accident raised a lot of good points, and I think Age also did a decent job addressing them. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your camping trip! Get plenty of rest, and have a great time! [emoji=guardian star size=1]
@Petall Your moodboards are awesome as always! Bonegnasher's is especially gorgeous, and aww, Seaberry's seems a little bit sad.

Props to you for joining Art Fight! I don't think I could ever commit to that, wow. It's an excellent way to get some practice in, and I hope you also have fun with the challenges! ^^

Day 35
Bailaduel is one tough mother. "My daughter cares only for frivolous things. She is under no obligation to stay." Poor Seaberry's moodboard is making more sense now. She's got a spine of steel, though, and a tongue to match! XD

I really liked the interaction between Age and Accident here. Accident raised a lot of good points, and I think Age also did a decent job addressing them. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your camping trip! Get plenty of rest, and have a great time!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
how dare you get me attached to these lovable characters

i've always liked characters that are like bailaduel where they are stern and kind of harsh. i'm really invested in this story so far and i look forward to seeing how things go for bailaduel and seaberry, as well as everyone else!

i hope you get lots of rest! rest is good and great
have fun on the camping trip, too :0
how dare you get me attached to these lovable characters

i've always liked characters that are like bailaduel where they are stern and kind of harsh. i'm really invested in this story so far and i look forward to seeing how things go for bailaduel and seaberry, as well as everyone else!

i hope you get lots of rest! rest is good and great
have fun on the camping trip, too :0
@Midwinter

Me too! :3

Thank you so much! And I was feeling much better today after getting some proper rest!

@Leopardmask

I thought it would make an interesting contrast! So many of the mother/daughter relationships I've written are more lovey-dovey and close, and even if they haven't been, it's not usually been from a lack of effort from the mother. I thought it would be interesting to explore some other dynamics!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! I had so much fun making them!!!

Seaberry and Bailaduel are more than an even match for each other! Though I agree, I can't help but feel sorry for Seaberry with Bailaduel's dimissiveness.

@Dynami

Oh, the dangers of a pinkerlocke...

Bailaduel is quite different from a lot of characters that I've written, which is one of the reasons I'm enjoying writing her so much!

Thank you!
@Midwinter

Me too! :3

Thank you so much! And I was feeling much better today after getting some proper rest!

@Leopardmask

I thought it would make an interesting contrast! So many of the mother/daughter relationships I've written are more lovey-dovey and close, and even if they haven't been, it's not usually been from a lack of effort from the mother. I thought it would be interesting to explore some other dynamics!

@Disillusionist

Thank you! I had so much fun making them!!!

Seaberry and Bailaduel are more than an even match for each other! Though I agree, I can't help but feel sorry for Seaberry with Bailaduel's dimissiveness.

@Dynami

Oh, the dangers of a pinkerlocke...

Bailaduel is quite different from a lot of characters that I've written, which is one of the reasons I'm enjoying writing her so much!

Thank you!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/30#post_39986515]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 36: Security First[/u][/b] [item=Red Frosted Canary][item=juneflower] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, 10-20 Coli Battles[/center] ----- Thunder rumbled ahead as heavy rain lashed the palace walls. The storm had been brewing for weeks, but everyone was far too caught up in the current clan politics to realize its meaning. No one realized that it was the Thundercrack Carnival, the dawn of a new year. No one realized a year had passed since the beacon had been lit, or since Zunde died. There were much more serious things to worry about. Deep in the bowels of the castle, yet another meeting was happening, unbeknownst to the king. Even after having met for a month, the gathered dragons had gotten nowhere. No decision had been reached about how to confront Heaven and release Khepri. No one could agree if Jett should be dethroned in the first place, let alone the methods they should attempt. Tempers were running as high as the storm outside, as if it personified their frustration and anxiety and fed into the chaos of the unstable kingdom. Still, as they huddled in the dark, finding yet another meeting running in circles, they were unaware that their secret gathering would not be secret for very much longer... [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950388][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52950388&skin=0&apparel=753,369,3640&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "They know," Heaven said, bursting into Jett's room. She didn't knock, and the door slammed against the wall. The imperial was clearly upset about something. "What?" Jett asked, looking up from where he had been lounging. He couldn't understand why she was so worked up. "I mean they [i]know[/i]," Heaven pushed. When Jett still didn't understand what she was getting at, she rolled her eyes and let out a huge sigh. "They've figured out I killed Topaz, and there is a group of dragons plotting beneath our noses to get rid of me and oust you off your thrown." "Who?" Jett demanded, growing panicked. True, he may not be much of one for kingly duties, but he still liked his position. "Pretty much everyone," Heaven admitted. "Larkin, Age, Ulf... Even my own sister." The imperial shook her head. "We can't let this get to us. We have to be stronger than them and beat them to the punch. We need to move forward in our plan." "You want me to storm the magic district tonight?" Jett asked. "No, you idiot!" Heaven spat. "Stop goofing around and try to use that brain of yours! Your skull can't be [i]that[/i] thick! Leave the magic district to me, what good are you dead? That just saves the enemy the work of killing you off!" "You think they'll actually kill me?" Jett asked, feeling truly afraid for the first time. They may not like him, but he couldn't imagine anyone going so far as to kill him. "They hired a mercenary, I heard them talking about how 'the job' was going," Heaven pointed out. "Which is why we need to prepare. You're almost ready to have your first nest, correct?" "Yes," Jett said, feeling a little awkward as the conversation moved to more personal matters. "That's what I thought. It takes longer for the magic to store up in your breed," Heaven pointed out. "We need to act fast. As soon as you are ready, we need to have that nest and secure am heir to your throne. And you need to marry me." "What?!" Jett reeled. "I thought you said we could do this without marriage! I thought you said-" "I know what I said, but our plans have changed. We have to roll with the times," Heaven urged. "A strong relationship means a secure source of heirs, and the more heirs you have, the harder it will be to kick you off the throne." "Heaven, I think this is going too far. I mean, don't get me wrong, you're gorgeous, but I don't like you in that way." Jett said. To be honest, the imperial scared him a little, though he'd never actually admit it. Besides, he was having trouble seeing himself settling down. "You think this is about love? No, this is about strategy and power, and keeping what is yours," Heaven said, eyes gleaming hungrily. "Trust me, I don't want to go and turn myself into a hatchling machine, and soon we won't have to rely on that, but we need to buy ourselves time, and if they know about me there's no use hiding our alliance anymore. All we can do is show a strong front in the face of everything, until we actually have the power to back ourselves up." Jett just stared at Heaven, trying to find some way to protest, but for once, he was speechless. "Oh come on, you know I'm right," Heaven reminded him. He hated to admit it, but he couldn't see any other option. He felt a flare of anger towards the imperial. He felt that as things were, his power was slipping further and further away from him and more and more into Heaven's grasp, and he was helpless to do anything about it. "Heck, I'm not even saying we have to be exclusive," Heaven shrugged. "The royalty game is all about appearances, and who says those have to match reality?" Jett couldn't help it, he grinned. That sounded like more his style. "So you're in?" Heaven asked. "I'm in," Jett smirked. As the pair began to discuss the fine details of their plan, the storm began to dissipate. Thundercrack had come and gone, and no one had been any the wiser... ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/32#post_40123398]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- Hey! I'm back! And I may have missed thundercrack, but I actually experienced an actual thunderstorm while I was away camping! It's not the way I would have prefered the celebrate the lightning festival (which somehow always seems to land on this particular camping trip) but hey, it's better than nothing! While I was away camping, I also had the time to do this drawing of Bailaduel training Bahat and Bonegnasher! I love doing drawings to this level of detail, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to do this sort of thing all the time. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1d6b8ddb814b52ed7f6983e34158a441/tumblr_pvsu3svbBs1vcowwco1_1280.png[/img][/center] If you do some snooping in my lair, you may see 4 new dragons. That's because a) CleverDual hatched the next generation of her alphabet legacy challenge and that's my August free dragon pull and b) CleverDual asked if she could use the apparel and familiar pulls she got while I was away to buy and/or breed new dragons for my pinkerlocke! It seemed like a fun idea and I'm usually not away like that for extended periods of time, so I agreed! I'll be introducing them properly once the three sisters grow up, and hopefully by them I'll have a firmer grasp on their lore! Bahat is now level 3, I think he's the only one who leveled up in the Coli today.

Day 36: Security First
Red Frosted Canary Juneflower
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, 10-20 Coli Battles

Thunder rumbled ahead as heavy rain lashed the palace walls. The storm had been brewing for weeks, but everyone was far too caught up in the current clan politics to realize its meaning. No one realized that it was the Thundercrack Carnival, the dawn of a new year. No one realized a year had passed since the beacon had been lit, or since Zunde died. There were much more serious things to worry about.

Deep in the bowels of the castle, yet another meeting was happening, unbeknownst to the king. Even after having met for a month, the gathered dragons had gotten nowhere. No decision had been reached about how to confront Heaven and release Khepri. No one could agree if Jett should be dethroned in the first place, let alone the methods they should attempt. Tempers were running as high as the storm outside, as if it personified their frustration and anxiety and fed into the chaos of the unstable kingdom.

Still, as they huddled in the dark, finding yet another meeting running in circles, they were unaware that their secret gathering would not be secret for very much longer...

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=52950388&skin=0&apparel=753,369,3640&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png

"They know," Heaven said, bursting into Jett's room. She didn't knock, and the door slammed against the wall. The imperial was clearly upset about something.

"What?" Jett asked, looking up from where he had been lounging. He couldn't understand why she was so worked up.

"I mean they know," Heaven pushed. When Jett still didn't understand what she was getting at, she rolled her eyes and let out a huge sigh. "They've figured out I killed Topaz, and there is a group of dragons plotting beneath our noses to get rid of me and oust you off your thrown."

"Who?" Jett demanded, growing panicked. True, he may not be much of one for kingly duties, but he still liked his position.

"Pretty much everyone," Heaven admitted. "Larkin, Age, Ulf... Even my own sister." The imperial shook her head. "We can't let this get to us. We have to be stronger than them and beat them to the punch. We need to move forward in our plan."

"You want me to storm the magic district tonight?" Jett asked.

"No, you idiot!" Heaven spat. "Stop goofing around and try to use that brain of yours! Your skull can't be that thick! Leave the magic district to me, what good are you dead? That just saves the enemy the work of killing you off!"

"You think they'll actually kill me?" Jett asked, feeling truly afraid for the first time. They may not like him, but he couldn't imagine anyone going so far as to kill him.

"They hired a mercenary, I heard them talking about how 'the job' was going," Heaven pointed out. "Which is why we need to prepare. You're almost ready to have your first nest, correct?"

"Yes," Jett said, feeling a little awkward as the conversation moved to more personal matters.

"That's what I thought. It takes longer for the magic to store up in your breed," Heaven pointed out. "We need to act fast. As soon as you are ready, we need to have that nest and secure am heir to your throne. And you need to marry me."

"What?!" Jett reeled. "I thought you said we could do this without marriage! I thought you said-"

"I know what I said, but our plans have changed. We have to roll with the times," Heaven urged. "A strong relationship means a secure source of heirs, and the more heirs you have, the harder it will be to kick you off the throne."

"Heaven, I think this is going too far. I mean, don't get me wrong, you're gorgeous, but I don't like you in that way." Jett said. To be honest, the imperial scared him a little, though he'd never actually admit it. Besides, he was having trouble seeing himself settling down.

"You think this is about love? No, this is about strategy and power, and keeping what is yours," Heaven said, eyes gleaming hungrily. "Trust me, I don't want to go and turn myself into a hatchling machine, and soon we won't have to rely on that, but we need to buy ourselves time, and if they know about me there's no use hiding our alliance anymore. All we can do is show a strong front in the face of everything, until we actually have the power to back ourselves up."

Jett just stared at Heaven, trying to find some way to protest, but for once, he was speechless.

"Oh come on, you know I'm right," Heaven reminded him.

He hated to admit it, but he couldn't see any other option. He felt a flare of anger towards the imperial. He felt that as things were, his power was slipping further and further away from him and more and more into Heaven's grasp, and he was helpless to do anything about it.

"Heck, I'm not even saying we have to be exclusive," Heaven shrugged. "The royalty game is all about appearances, and who says those have to match reality?"

Jett couldn't help it, he grinned. That sounded like more his style.

"So you're in?" Heaven asked.

"I'm in," Jett smirked.

As the pair began to discuss the fine details of their plan, the storm began to dissipate. Thundercrack had come and gone, and no one had been any the wiser...

Hey! I'm back! And I may have missed thundercrack, but I actually experienced an actual thunderstorm while I was away camping! It's not the way I would have prefered the celebrate the lightning festival (which somehow always seems to land on this particular camping trip) but hey, it's better than nothing!

While I was away camping, I also had the time to do this drawing of Bailaduel training Bahat and Bonegnasher! I love doing drawings to this level of detail, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to do this sort of thing all the time.
tumblr_pvsu3svbBs1vcowwco1_1280.png

If you do some snooping in my lair, you may see 4 new dragons. That's because a) CleverDual hatched the next generation of her alphabet legacy challenge and that's my August free dragon pull and b) CleverDual asked if she could use the apparel and familiar pulls she got while I was away to buy and/or breed new dragons for my pinkerlocke! It seemed like a fun idea and I'm usually not away like that for extended periods of time, so I agreed! I'll be introducing them properly once the three sisters grow up, and hopefully by them I'll have a firmer grasp on their lore!

Bahat is now level 3, I think he's the only one who leveled up in the Coli today.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Welcome back! It's great to hear from you again. I missed your updates! ^^ And wow, that was an explosive return. Heaven and Jett finding ways to consolidate their alliance adds an extra layer of danger to what's already a tense situation. I think it becomes even more tense now that we know that even [i]Jett[/i] is feeling uneasy about his partner. Nice to see he's got a spine of his own though. I'm also curious about how Heaven found out about the conspiracy. She's a sneaky lady, that one! Very nice art as well! I agree, it can be so tough to find the time and energy to finish such a detailed piece. Kudos to you for competing this one! [emoji=palette size=1] Also, your new dragons are very pretty! Such gorgeous shades in StarCon. [emoji=spiral star size=1]
@Petall Welcome back! It's great to hear from you again. I missed your updates! ^^

And wow, that was an explosive return. Heaven and Jett finding ways to consolidate their alliance adds an extra layer of danger to what's already a tense situation. I think it becomes even more tense now that we know that even Jett is feeling uneasy about his partner. Nice to see he's got a spine of his own though.

I'm also curious about how Heaven found out about the conspiracy. She's a sneaky lady, that one!

Very nice art as well! I agree, it can be so tough to find the time and energy to finish such a detailed piece. Kudos to you for competing this one! Also, your new dragons are very pretty! Such gorgeous shades in StarCon.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Thank you! I really missed writing! I even wrote a Windkeep update because I was getting such a writing itch and I couldn't write anything for the pinkerlocke until I did my coli rounds! I just need to type it up! Hehehe being camping gave me lots of time to think about where I want this to go, so I figured a strong start would lead nicely into my future plans! [emoji=tundra winking size=1] Now I just have to hope that no one dies in a way that messes them up lol Thank you!!! I had a lot of fun drawing it! And I am very much looking forward to introducing my new dragons!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I really missed writing! I even wrote a Windkeep update because I was getting such a writing itch and I couldn't write anything for the pinkerlocke until I did my coli rounds! I just need to type it up!

Hehehe being camping gave me lots of time to think about where I want this to go, so I figured a strong start would lead nicely into my future plans! Now I just have to hope that no one dies in a way that messes them up lol

Thank you!!! I had a lot of fun drawing it! And I am very much looking forward to introducing my new dragons!
Honestly, I'm with Jett on this one, Heaven scares me. How did she find out and what is she going to do about it? If she hurts any of the others I will virtually slap her
Honestly, I'm with Jett on this one, Heaven scares me. How did she find out and what is she going to do about it? If she hurts any of the others I will virtually slap her
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Hehehe I honestly had no idea she'd turn into this big of a villain when I got her! It's funny how these things like that can happen in pinkerlockes...
@Midwinter

Hehehe I honestly had no idea she'd turn into this big of a villain when I got her! It's funny how these things like that can happen in pinkerlockes...
Could I be added to the pinglist please?
Could I be added to the pinglist please?
GD7On40.png
@Weredogalism

Of course! I'll add you right away!
@Weredogalism

Of course! I'll add you right away!
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 141 142