Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 141 142
It's time to get funky!
It's time to get funky!
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Why do I feel like Age is going to get herself in serious trouble with Jett and Heaven...
Why do I feel like Age is going to get herself in serious trouble with Jett and Heaven...
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@midwinter now that you say it, age is in major danger it seems.
@midwinter now that you say it, age is in major danger it seems.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@MisterMylez It sure is! [emoji=sunglasses 2 size=1] @Midwinter They are formidable opponents, that's for sure...
@MisterMylez

It sure is!

@Midwinter

They are formidable opponents, that's for sure...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Nnnnnice! You did an excellent job with this chapter and Age piecing everything together -- picking up small but crucial details in Nevaeh's story, figuring out Jett was lying [i]and[/i] acting under someone's influence, her managing to block his arguments at every turn...and I really couldn't help picturing Koraki with his palms pressed to his cheeks, a la Edvard Munch's [i]The Scream[/i]. I think this is actually a good way to push the story forward! With Age and Koraki now knowing what's up, there's more conflict involved. Having two opposing sides playing against each other with everyone else in the middle, instead of just Heaven pulling the strings while everyone else blunders around, seems like it'll be more fun. [emoji=guardian laughing size=1] [size=1]Sorry, characters, that sounded mean. xD[/size]
@Petall Nnnnnice! You did an excellent job with this chapter and Age piecing everything together -- picking up small but crucial details in Nevaeh's story, figuring out Jett was lying and acting under someone's influence, her managing to block his arguments at every turn...and I really couldn't help picturing Koraki with his palms pressed to his cheeks, a la Edvard Munch's The Scream.

I think this is actually a good way to push the story forward! With Age and Koraki now knowing what's up, there's more conflict involved. Having two opposing sides playing against each other with everyone else in the middle, instead of just Heaven pulling the strings while everyone else blunders around, seems like it'll be more fun. Sorry, characters, that sounded mean. xD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! It was fun figuring out how everything would would come together. I feel like now that I've gotten Nevaeh and Khepri properly involved in the story again, things are rolling again. I kept feeling like they were being sidelined.

I agree! Besides, it had gotten to the point where pretty much everyone else had been eliminated as suspects. Larkin was very unlikely to kill the dragon she loved, Ulf was away, Age wouldn't have killed her father, it would have been completely out of character for Nevaeh, Accident wasn't anywhere near the palace, Koraki has been disproved, and Jett and Scoril were hatchlings at the time. The only real suspects left were Khepri (who was already had a weak case against him and was only accused based on paranoia), and Heaven (who actually did it). It didn't make sense for it to remain a mystery much longer, especially after Heaven's attack on Nevaeh.
@Disillusionist

Thank you! It was fun figuring out how everything would would come together. I feel like now that I've gotten Nevaeh and Khepri properly involved in the story again, things are rolling again. I kept feeling like they were being sidelined.

I agree! Besides, it had gotten to the point where pretty much everyone else had been eliminated as suspects. Larkin was very unlikely to kill the dragon she loved, Ulf was away, Age wouldn't have killed her father, it would have been completely out of character for Nevaeh, Accident wasn't anywhere near the palace, Koraki has been disproved, and Jett and Scoril were hatchlings at the time. The only real suspects left were Khepri (who was already had a weak case against him and was only accused based on paranoia), and Heaven (who actually did it). It didn't make sense for it to remain a mystery much longer, especially after Heaven's attack on Nevaeh.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
hoo boiiiii, the big reveal! i wonder what's gonna happen next...
hoo boiiiii, the big reveal! i wonder what's gonna happen next...
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
"I don't want to be a part of this court if everything is always going to be this dramatic." If that ain't a mood IRL
"I don't want to be a part of this court if everything is always going to be this dramatic." If that ain't a mood IRL
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/28#post_39944757]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 33: A Visit to a Friend[/u][/b] [item=Eel Fry][item=Blue Dragon Reef Snail] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles, New Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=6&bodygene=9&breed=3&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=11&winggene=10&wings=2&auth=fad5a539d6c6a913c2929b438c54f4a7fc3859f7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798929][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=9&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=11&winggene=10&wings=163&auth=7d166dda2a754954200aeef43021f33250834a8a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Age wandered through the city, Bahat and Bonegnasher trailing behind her. Accident was taking his turn to rest, and had returned to his camp for some peace and quiet. The mirror had not yet officially moved to the palace, despite the night he had been spending there to be with Age and the children. Age saw this as the perfect opportunity to go and visit Nevaeh, and share what she had discovered yesterday. The only problem was, she wasn't exactly sure where Nevaeh's house was. She knew it was near Khepri's, and she knew that it was one of the larger buildings, designed to accommodate the larger breeds. Beyond that, however, she had no clue where she was going. "Mom! Bone's pushing me again!" Bahat called out, turning to growl at his brother. "Bone, what have I told you about being nice to your brother?" Age asked. She and Accident had agreed to call their second son by the first part of his name, which in turn made it seem more like a proper name. True, it may be more fitting for the Scarred Wasteland than the Tangled Wood, but it was still more of a name than Bonegnasher. "I was only playing!" The tundra looked up ruefully. "Well, make sure you're playing gently," Age reminded them. "I don't want you two hurting each other." "Yes mom," Bone sighed, rolling his eyes. Out of the corner of her eye, Age saw Bahat stick his tongue out at his brother, prompting the tundra to spring at him and knock him over, until the two hatchlings were rolling around in the dust. It quickly escalated beyond the normal playfighting, she began to see teeth and claws getting involved. While they were still too small to do any real damage, they were sharp enough to give a proper scratch or two, and considering the state of Nevaeh's wounds without proper medical attention, she didn't want to risk anything. "Boys!" Age said, a little more sternly this time, and the two kids sprang apart, their hides covered in dirt and ash from the street. "Sorry," Bahat lowered his head in shame, but Bone held his head high in defiance. Age chose to ignore it. "There are times for playing, but right now we're on a very special journey to visit one of my best friends," Age told her children. [i]My only best friend[/i], she reminded herself with a heavy heart. "We can play when we get there, and I don't want to see you using your teeth and claws." "Oh look!" Bone exclaimed, running ahead of the group. Age wasn't sure how closely he had been listening, but she was soon distracted by what her son was running to. It was a green vine, trailing off of some sort of plant. Small flowers were sprouting along it. She recognized Nevaeh's handiwork. "We must be close! Come on, let's go!" Age said, quickening her pace. Bahat let out a squeal of excitement and began to race alongside her. Bone also broke into a run, following the vine until they found themselves standing breathlessly in front of a large house. All around the house, flowers were growing and Age soon caught sight of Nevaeh digging through the front garden. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950390][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52950390&skin=0&apparel=754,15749&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Wow! I love what you're doing with the place!" Age called out. Her friend looked up, a large smile on her face, as she lifted her head from her gardening. Dirt clung to her paws and mane, and she looked far more at peace than Age had seen her in a while. Bahat and Bone immediately rushed forwards, beginning to explore the small garden. They were clearly enamored by the plant life, and were not afraid of getting their paws dirty. Nevaeh just laughed as the two began flinging dirt at each other. "I figured I might as well relocate some of my favourite plants to my new house. I can't let Heaven chase me out of house and home entirely," Nevaeh grinned. "I never noticed before, but I think all these houses used to have gardens of their own, filled with all sorts of plant life. The city must have been beautiful when it was in its prime." "The history books sure seem to think so," Age agreed. [i]Hopefully it can be again, if we can get this mess sorted out.[/i] "Do you want to come inside? I can put a kettle on or something," Nevaeh offered, her face growing more serious, correctly interpreting her reason for visiting. Age nodded. As the imperial opened the door, Bahat and Bone raced in, tracking dirt all over the floor. Age was about to call out after them, when Nevaeh stopped her. "It's fine," She said, smiling. "Everything's a mess anyways, I'm still getting settled. Let them have their fun. Goodness knows they won't be this carefree forever." "You're right," Age smiled, taking a seat. She was still half-listening to her sons racing around the house. "You can introduce them to me once they settle down a bit, let them get their energy out," Nevaeh said. "You know, this reminds me of when we were hatchlings. We had so much fun. How things have changed between us all..." "We got into so much trouble!" Age reminded her. "I'm surprised we didn't give Zunde some sort of heart attack!" Nevaeh's face fell, and Age suddenly remembered how her brother had died. "Sorry," Age said quietly. "It's okay," Nevaeh said, cracking a weak smile. "How about that tea?" "I'd love some," Age said. "I also have some juice for the kids. The knowledge district gardens just started producing fruit!" Nevaeh offered, her joyful demeanor returning. "You know, I can make quite the living here, while steering clear of the palace. Maybe once Khepri gets released..." The imperial trailed off, suddenly growing very interested in the preparation she was doing. "Is everything alright?" Age asked. "Everything's fine. I just can't wait until he's out of there," Nevaeh said, her face falling. "Ulf won't even let me visit him. I can tell he wants to, but Jett's got strict rules about this thing." "It's not just Jett," Age blurted out. She had been planning on waiting until after they were settled with their drinks, but she just couldn't take it anymore. "What do you mean?" Nevaeh asked. "Heaven's up to something. She has some sort of an alliance with Jett, and she's been deflecting to cover up the fact that she's the one who killed my father," Age admitted. Nevaeh's face fell. "Oh Age, I'm so sorry. When I get my hands on that [i]little[/i]-" A growl rose in the imperial's throat. "I'm going to kill her. She can't walk around like this, destroying everything-" "I know," Age interrupted. "That's why I'm gathering dragons and a plan to stop Heaven." "No, you can't," Nevaeh suddenly whirled on Age, golden eyes burning. "What do you mean, this is my fault for giving Jett the crown in the first place, it's my place to stop him!" Age protested. "Think about it Age! You have [i]kids[/i] to worry about now! If Heaven wasn't above murder to [i]get[/i] Jett on the throne in the first place, she's not above using them to get to you!" Nevaeh pointed out. "Leave Heaven to me, I'm her sister, I can deal with her and Jett." "But this needs to be handled tactfully!" Age said. "She already has Khepri in her grasp to use against you. This needs careful planning, with other dragons. Besides, I can't just walk away from the responsibility I have to the kingdom, being a mother doesn't change the fact that it's [i]my[/i] clan to look after." "But-" Nevaeh protested, but Age wasn't going to be argued with. "The kids can stay with Accident in his camp, they'll be safe there, Heaven has no idea it even exists. Once they are out of the way, we can talk to my mom and Ulf and work something out. We already have Koraki on our side, though he still supports Jett as king," Age explained. "As long as you're sure what you're doing. You have more to lose than most," Nevaeh pointed out. "I also have more to fight for than most," Age said, her eyes growing steely. "Speaking of which, is that juice done? Bahat and Bone must be thirsty by now." "Oh, right!" With the intensity of their conversation, Nevaeh had neglected to finish making the drinks. The kettle was screaming on the fire, and the fruit sat on the counter, half-squeezed. "Here, let me help with that," Age offered, jumping in. She was grateful to have such a good friend on her side, who cared about her and her family. In light of everything that was going on with Heaven, it felt all the more important to have strong allies. The imperial's betrayal hurt like a knife, and Age was having a very difficult time not letting that get to her. What had happened to the Heaven she had grown up with? Once they had been as close as Bahat and Bone, but now she felt like she didn't even know her anymore. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "What are you doing? You know I can't leave my post- Oh," Ulf trailed off as he followed Larkin into a broom cupboard just outside one of the prison tower entrances. Or at least, Ulf had thought it was a broom cupboard. It appeared that the damage done to the palace has resulted in one of the walls caving down and opening it up into a wider chamber. Age, Nevaeh and Koraki were already there waiting for him. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/29294.png[/img][/center] "We promise you won't be gone long," Age vowed. She looked more serious than Ulf had ever seen her, though she normally looked pretty calm. "What's going on?" Ulf said, looking to Larkin for answers. "Don't ask me, it was Age who wanted us to meet," Larkin admitted. "We found out who murdered my dad," Age said quietly. Ulf noticed Larkin flinch at the mention of Topaz. It was obviously still a touchy topic. "Do we have any evidence?" Ulf asked. "We haven't even said who it is yet!" Nevaeh hissed. "Besides, that didn't seem to stop you from arresting Khepri!" "I had my orders! Besides, do you want me to stand around and do nothing?!" Ulf roared. "SILENCE!" Age roared so loud, the room almost shook. Ulf had never heard such a volume from the tundra. The shock alone was enough to lower his defenses and remember why they were here. "Thank you," Age said once she had everyone's attention. "We won't accomplish anything by squabbling amongst ourselves. Khepri's release is a high priority, but this must be handled [i]delicately[/i]." "Who killed Topaz?" Larkin asked, voice shaking. The tundra was beginning to tremble with emotion, and Ulf felt the sudden urge to protect her, but he resisted. Larkin was a capable dragon, she didn't need him stepping in for her. "It was Heaven," Koraki said, clicking his beak in irritation. "And now she has Jett wrapped around her finger. The boy needs direction as he grows into his role, and I fear he is being steered the wrong way." "He was too young to be given such a heavy role. I shouldn't have given up my crown so easily," Age admitted, earning herself a glare from Koraki. "Jett is the rightful heir, he was going to get the crown sooner or later," The corven huffed. "But is it really blood that makes a king or queen?" Ulf spoke up. "Why should anyone deserve power simply because of when they were born or who they were born to? It seems like regardless, it's going to lead to corruption sooner or later. Maybe we should use this as a lesson and revamp our leadership system so future generations won't keep running into this problem." "It is the way things are done!" Koraki insisted. "He has a point," Age said, glancing at the corven before turning back to Ulf. "This is a traditional monarch structure. But-" the tundra shot another glance at Koraki, "Arguably, this is a completely different clan than the one that fell. My parents founded this clan. Does Jett truly have a stronger hold than that? He was not raised with the customs of his parents clan and kingdom, why should we expect him to be able to rule?" "But is this really a different clan?" Koraki challenged. "I mean, haven't you been modeling this clan after The Clan of Resting Wings? Are we not in the same city? Does not the blood of its inhabitants run in your veins?" "But is it really the place and customs that make a clan, or is it the dragons that live there? None of us have ever seen The Clan of Resting Wings in its glory days. Even my father had only heard tales passed down by his mother," Age argued. "Besides, now is not the time to get into the philosophy of it all. We can worry about leadership later. Regardless of what happens with the crown, we are all in agreement that something needs to be done about Heaven, before she causes irreparable damage." "She's already killed once, what's to stop her from killing again," Larkin pointed out, casting a fearful glance at Ulf. "If she knew we were plotting against her, what's stopping her from wiping out the whole family line?" Age suddenly got very quiet, and Ulf felt for her. With new hatchlings, this was bound to be a fearful time for her. He guessed that's who Larkin was thinking of too. Age was old enough to make her own choices, and technically had a duty that bound her to the clan, but the kids didn't deserve to be dragged into this, especially if Jett remained the king and his lineage inherited the throne. "I have an idea," Ulf said, speaking up. Everyone focused their attention on him as he began to share his plan... [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51025816][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bailaduel looked down at her empty cup, trying to decide if she wanted another drink. Around her, the dark tavern was noisy with the sound of dragons eating and drinking together, enjoying each other's company. To anyone else, it would look as though she was alone. She wasn't, she was with her daughter, but Seaberry was busy flirting with some strong warrior-type guy, as per usual. Maybe she could do with another drink. Just as she was about to place another order, she was almost knocked off her seat by an imperial barmaid rushing past. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32958065] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329581/32958065_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "I'm sorry!" The imperial squeaked, looking mortified. "I was in such a hurry to put this up on the noticeboard, I didn't notice you sitting there on your own like that! Would you like me to refill your drink?" Bailaduel wasn't listening to the babble of the barmaid, she was too focused on the piece of parchment fixed in her hand. It looked like a job advertisement, the sort that she herself had come to the tavern looking for. "Where did you get that?" The wildclaw snapped. "Oh, I-" The imperial looked at the parchment as Bailaduel took it from her. "A gaoler dropped it off. Said he was looking for some sort of bodyguard or something? Dunno why he needed protecting, he looked pretty tough himself." "Thank you, I'll take it," Bailaduel grunted, shoving it into her pocket and jumping off of her barstool. She pushed past the imperial, ignoring the shocked look on her face. As she left the tavern, she looked over her shoulder at Seaberry, who was curled around a muscular guardian. Perhaps if she left now, the spiral wouldn't notice her disappearance, and she could be rid of the fool for good. It was about time she started learning how to fend for herself. As she stepped out into the cool night air, however, it wasn't long before the spiral was once again by her side. "Did you find another job? Where are we off to this time?" Seaberry asked, bouncing with her innate spiral energy. "Some place called the Forgotten Kingdom," Bailaduel grunted. "Royals in search of a bodyguard. More permanent a position than I'm used to taking, but hey! They're royals, they usually pay well." "Princes are hot," Seaberry agreed. Bailaduel shook her head as her daughter started recounting the men she had met that night in the tavern. It looked like she wasn't going anywhere soon, which was a shame. She reminded her too much of her father. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/30#post_39973985]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- Ulf, Age and Nevaeh went into the Coli today! Ulf is still level 6, Age is now level 5, and Nevaeh is now level 3! I had today's chapter all planned out and was going to write it immediately after lunch, then I got a message from Cleverdual saying she got a familiar pull, so it was time to get my B mate! So, meet Bailaduel! After I got her, I realized that she had children and when I was checking them out, I realized her daughter was still up for sale and was overwhelmed with the temptation to buy her. That's when I remembered I haven't yet taken advantage of my 'one free dragon per month' rule, despite the fact that we are now almost through July, so I bought her and she's a part of things now! I'm really excited about them!

Day 33: A Visit to a Friend
Eel Fry Blue Dragon Reef Snail
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles, New Dragon

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=0&body=6&bodygene=9&breed=3&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=11&winggene=10&wings=2&auth=fad5a539d6c6a913c2929b438c54f4a7fc3859f7&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=9&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=11&winggene=10&wings=163&auth=7d166dda2a754954200aeef43021f33250834a8a&dummyext=prev.png

Age wandered through the city, Bahat and Bonegnasher trailing behind her. Accident was taking his turn to rest, and had returned to his camp for some peace and quiet. The mirror had not yet officially moved to the palace, despite the night he had been spending there to be with Age and the children. Age saw this as the perfect opportunity to go and visit Nevaeh, and share what she had discovered yesterday. The only problem was, she wasn't exactly sure where Nevaeh's house was. She knew it was near Khepri's, and she knew that it was one of the larger buildings, designed to accommodate the larger breeds. Beyond that, however, she had no clue where she was going.

"Mom! Bone's pushing me again!" Bahat called out, turning to growl at his brother.

"Bone, what have I told you about being nice to your brother?" Age asked. She and Accident had agreed to call their second son by the first part of his name, which in turn made it seem more like a proper name. True, it may be more fitting for the Scarred Wasteland than the Tangled Wood, but it was still more of a name than Bonegnasher.

"I was only playing!" The tundra looked up ruefully.

"Well, make sure you're playing gently," Age reminded them. "I don't want you two hurting each other."

"Yes mom," Bone sighed, rolling his eyes.

Out of the corner of her eye, Age saw Bahat stick his tongue out at his brother, prompting the tundra to spring at him and knock him over, until the two hatchlings were rolling around in the dust. It quickly escalated beyond the normal playfighting, she began to see teeth and claws getting involved. While they were still too small to do any real damage, they were sharp enough to give a proper scratch or two, and considering the state of Nevaeh's wounds without proper medical attention, she didn't want to risk anything.

"Boys!" Age said, a little more sternly this time, and the two kids sprang apart, their hides covered in dirt and ash from the street.

"Sorry," Bahat lowered his head in shame, but Bone held his head high in defiance. Age chose to ignore it.

"There are times for playing, but right now we're on a very special journey to visit one of my best friends," Age told her children. My only best friend, she reminded herself with a heavy heart. "We can play when we get there, and I don't want to see you using your teeth and claws."

"Oh look!" Bone exclaimed, running ahead of the group. Age wasn't sure how closely he had been listening, but she was soon distracted by what her son was running to. It was a green vine, trailing off of some sort of plant. Small flowers were sprouting along it. She recognized Nevaeh's handiwork.

"We must be close! Come on, let's go!" Age said, quickening her pace. Bahat let out a squeal of excitement and began to race alongside her. Bone also broke into a run, following the vine until they found themselves standing breathlessly in front of a large house. All around the house, flowers were growing and Age soon caught sight of Nevaeh digging through the front garden.
dragon?did=52950390&skin=0&apparel=754,15749&xt=dressing.png

"Wow! I love what you're doing with the place!" Age called out. Her friend looked up, a large smile on her face, as she lifted her head from her gardening. Dirt clung to her paws and mane, and she looked far more at peace than Age had seen her in a while.

Bahat and Bone immediately rushed forwards, beginning to explore the small garden. They were clearly enamored by the plant life, and were not afraid of getting their paws dirty. Nevaeh just laughed as the two began flinging dirt at each other.

"I figured I might as well relocate some of my favourite plants to my new house. I can't let Heaven chase me out of house and home entirely," Nevaeh grinned. "I never noticed before, but I think all these houses used to have gardens of their own, filled with all sorts of plant life. The city must have been beautiful when it was in its prime."

"The history books sure seem to think so," Age agreed. Hopefully it can be again, if we can get this mess sorted out.

"Do you want to come inside? I can put a kettle on or something," Nevaeh offered, her face growing more serious, correctly interpreting her reason for visiting. Age nodded.

As the imperial opened the door, Bahat and Bone raced in, tracking dirt all over the floor. Age was about to call out after them, when Nevaeh stopped her.

"It's fine," She said, smiling. "Everything's a mess anyways, I'm still getting settled. Let them have their fun. Goodness knows they won't be this carefree forever."

"You're right," Age smiled, taking a seat. She was still half-listening to her sons racing around the house.

"You can introduce them to me once they settle down a bit, let them get their energy out," Nevaeh said. "You know, this reminds me of when we were hatchlings. We had so much fun. How things have changed between us all..."

"We got into so much trouble!" Age reminded her. "I'm surprised we didn't give Zunde some sort of heart attack!"

Nevaeh's face fell, and Age suddenly remembered how her brother had died.

"Sorry," Age said quietly.

"It's okay," Nevaeh said, cracking a weak smile. "How about that tea?"

"I'd love some," Age said.

"I also have some juice for the kids. The knowledge district gardens just started producing fruit!" Nevaeh offered, her joyful demeanor returning. "You know, I can make quite the living here, while steering clear of the palace. Maybe once Khepri gets released..." The imperial trailed off, suddenly growing very interested in the preparation she was doing.

"Is everything alright?" Age asked.

"Everything's fine. I just can't wait until he's out of there," Nevaeh said, her face falling. "Ulf won't even let me visit him. I can tell he wants to, but Jett's got strict rules about this thing."

"It's not just Jett," Age blurted out. She had been planning on waiting until after they were settled with their drinks, but she just couldn't take it anymore.

"What do you mean?" Nevaeh asked.

"Heaven's up to something. She has some sort of an alliance with Jett, and she's been deflecting to cover up the fact that she's the one who killed my father," Age admitted.

Nevaeh's face fell. "Oh Age, I'm so sorry. When I get my hands on that little-" A growl rose in the imperial's throat. "I'm going to kill her. She can't walk around like this, destroying everything-"

"I know," Age interrupted. "That's why I'm gathering dragons and a plan to stop Heaven."

"No, you can't," Nevaeh suddenly whirled on Age, golden eyes burning.

"What do you mean, this is my fault for giving Jett the crown in the first place, it's my place to stop him!" Age protested.

"Think about it Age! You have kids to worry about now! If Heaven wasn't above murder to get Jett on the throne in the first place, she's not above using them to get to you!" Nevaeh pointed out. "Leave Heaven to me, I'm her sister, I can deal with her and Jett."

"But this needs to be handled tactfully!" Age said. "She already has Khepri in her grasp to use against you. This needs careful planning, with other dragons. Besides, I can't just walk away from the responsibility I have to the kingdom, being a mother doesn't change the fact that it's my clan to look after."

"But-" Nevaeh protested, but Age wasn't going to be argued with.

"The kids can stay with Accident in his camp, they'll be safe there, Heaven has no idea it even exists. Once they are out of the way, we can talk to my mom and Ulf and work something out. We already have Koraki on our side, though he still supports Jett as king," Age explained.

"As long as you're sure what you're doing. You have more to lose than most," Nevaeh pointed out.

"I also have more to fight for than most," Age said, her eyes growing steely. "Speaking of which, is that juice done? Bahat and Bone must be thirsty by now."

"Oh, right!" With the intensity of their conversation, Nevaeh had neglected to finish making the drinks. The kettle was screaming on the fire, and the fruit sat on the counter, half-squeezed.

"Here, let me help with that," Age offered, jumping in. She was grateful to have such a good friend on her side, who cared about her and her family. In light of everything that was going on with Heaven, it felt all the more important to have strong allies. The imperial's betrayal hurt like a knife, and Age was having a very difficult time not letting that get to her. What had happened to the Heaven she had grown up with? Once they had been as close as Bahat and Bone, but now she felt like she didn't even know her anymore.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png

"What are you doing? You know I can't leave my post- Oh," Ulf trailed off as he followed Larkin into a broom cupboard just outside one of the prison tower entrances. Or at least, Ulf had thought it was a broom cupboard. It appeared that the damage done to the palace has resulted in one of the walls caving down and opening it up into a wider chamber. Age, Nevaeh and Koraki were already there waiting for him.
29294.png

"We promise you won't be gone long," Age vowed. She looked more serious than Ulf had ever seen her, though she normally looked pretty calm.

"What's going on?" Ulf said, looking to Larkin for answers.

"Don't ask me, it was Age who wanted us to meet," Larkin admitted.

"We found out who murdered my dad," Age said quietly. Ulf noticed Larkin flinch at the mention of Topaz. It was obviously still a touchy topic.

"Do we have any evidence?" Ulf asked.

"We haven't even said who it is yet!" Nevaeh hissed. "Besides, that didn't seem to stop you from arresting Khepri!"

"I had my orders! Besides, do you want me to stand around and do nothing?!" Ulf roared.

"SILENCE!" Age roared so loud, the room almost shook. Ulf had never heard such a volume from the tundra. The shock alone was enough to lower his defenses and remember why they were here.

"Thank you," Age said once she had everyone's attention. "We won't accomplish anything by squabbling amongst ourselves. Khepri's release is a high priority, but this must be handled delicately."

"Who killed Topaz?" Larkin asked, voice shaking. The tundra was beginning to tremble with emotion, and Ulf felt the sudden urge to protect her, but he resisted. Larkin was a capable dragon, she didn't need him stepping in for her.

"It was Heaven," Koraki said, clicking his beak in irritation. "And now she has Jett wrapped around her finger. The boy needs direction as he grows into his role, and I fear he is being steered the wrong way."

"He was too young to be given such a heavy role. I shouldn't have given up my crown so easily," Age admitted, earning herself a glare from Koraki.

"Jett is the rightful heir, he was going to get the crown sooner or later," The corven huffed.

"But is it really blood that makes a king or queen?" Ulf spoke up. "Why should anyone deserve power simply because of when they were born or who they were born to? It seems like regardless, it's going to lead to corruption sooner or later. Maybe we should use this as a lesson and revamp our leadership system so future generations won't keep running into this problem."

"It is the way things are done!" Koraki insisted.

"He has a point," Age said, glancing at the corven before turning back to Ulf. "This is a traditional monarch structure. But-" the tundra shot another glance at Koraki, "Arguably, this is a completely different clan than the one that fell. My parents founded this clan. Does Jett truly have a stronger hold than that? He was not raised with the customs of his parents clan and kingdom, why should we expect him to be able to rule?"

"But is this really a different clan?" Koraki challenged. "I mean, haven't you been modeling this clan after The Clan of Resting Wings? Are we not in the same city? Does not the blood of its inhabitants run in your veins?"

"But is it really the place and customs that make a clan, or is it the dragons that live there? None of us have ever seen The Clan of Resting Wings in its glory days. Even my father had only heard tales passed down by his mother," Age argued. "Besides, now is not the time to get into the philosophy of it all. We can worry about leadership later. Regardless of what happens with the crown, we are all in agreement that something needs to be done about Heaven, before she causes irreparable damage."

"She's already killed once, what's to stop her from killing again," Larkin pointed out, casting a fearful glance at Ulf. "If she knew we were plotting against her, what's stopping her from wiping out the whole family line?"

Age suddenly got very quiet, and Ulf felt for her. With new hatchlings, this was bound to be a fearful time for her. He guessed that's who Larkin was thinking of too. Age was old enough to make her own choices, and technically had a duty that bound her to the clan, but the kids didn't deserve to be dragged into this, especially if Jett remained the king and his lineage inherited the throne.

"I have an idea," Ulf said, speaking up. Everyone focused their attention on him as he began to share his plan...

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=51025816&skin=0&apparel=12267,739,17239,17260,17284&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png

Bailaduel looked down at her empty cup, trying to decide if she wanted another drink. Around her, the dark tavern was noisy with the sound of dragons eating and drinking together, enjoying each other's company. To anyone else, it would look as though she was alone. She wasn't, she was with her daughter, but Seaberry was busy flirting with some strong warrior-type guy, as per usual.

Maybe she could do with another drink.

Just as she was about to place another order, she was almost knocked off her seat by an imperial barmaid rushing past.

"I'm sorry!" The imperial squeaked, looking mortified. "I was in such a hurry to put this up on the noticeboard, I didn't notice you sitting there on your own like that! Would you like me to refill your drink?"

Bailaduel wasn't listening to the babble of the barmaid, she was too focused on the piece of parchment fixed in her hand. It looked like a job advertisement, the sort that she herself had come to the tavern looking for.

"Where did you get that?" The wildclaw snapped.

"Oh, I-" The imperial looked at the parchment as Bailaduel took it from her. "A gaoler dropped it off. Said he was looking for some sort of bodyguard or something? Dunno why he needed protecting, he looked pretty tough himself."

"Thank you, I'll take it," Bailaduel grunted, shoving it into her pocket and jumping off of her barstool. She pushed past the imperial, ignoring the shocked look on her face.

As she left the tavern, she looked over her shoulder at Seaberry, who was curled around a muscular guardian. Perhaps if she left now, the spiral wouldn't notice her disappearance, and she could be rid of the fool for good. It was about time she started learning how to fend for herself.

As she stepped out into the cool night air, however, it wasn't long before the spiral was once again by her side.

"Did you find another job? Where are we off to this time?" Seaberry asked, bouncing with her innate spiral energy.

"Some place called the Forgotten Kingdom," Bailaduel grunted. "Royals in search of a bodyguard. More permanent a position than I'm used to taking, but hey! They're royals, they usually pay well."

"Princes are hot," Seaberry agreed.

Bailaduel shook her head as her daughter started recounting the men she had met that night in the tavern. It looked like she wasn't going anywhere soon, which was a shame. She reminded her too much of her father.

Ulf, Age and Nevaeh went into the Coli today! Ulf is still level 6, Age is now level 5, and Nevaeh is now level 3!

I had today's chapter all planned out and was going to write it immediately after lunch, then I got a message from Cleverdual saying she got a familiar pull, so it was time to get my B mate! So, meet Bailaduel! After I got her, I realized that she had children and when I was checking them out, I realized her daughter was still up for sale and was overwhelmed with the temptation to buy her. That's when I remembered I haven't yet taken advantage of my 'one free dragon per month' rule, despite the fact that we are now almost through July, so I bought her and she's a part of things now! I'm really excited about them!
@Petall Whoo, things are getting action-packed! It was kind of a relief to see how the rest of the clan is uniting against Heaven (daaang, there's another awesome band name, "Uniting Against Heaven") while also carefully considering how to protect themselves. The idea of hiring bodyguards is a good one. You ended up with some very pretty ladies, and Bailaduel has an awesome name, too!
@Petall Whoo, things are getting action-packed! It was kind of a relief to see how the rest of the clan is uniting against Heaven (daaang, there's another awesome band name, "Uniting Against Heaven") while also carefully considering how to protect themselves. The idea of hiring bodyguards is a good one. You ended up with some very pretty ladies, and Bailaduel has an awesome name, too!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 141 142