Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 141 142
Awwwww!! Their relationship is so wholesome I love it. I'm very scared for Jett's rule though, he seems so power hungry and that probably isn't good for a king
Awwwww!! Their relationship is so wholesome I love it. I'm very scared for Jett's rule though, he seems so power hungry and that probably isn't good for a king
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
Somehow I managed to miss the update on the 15th (real life just distracted me, probably), but what. I mean, I kinda of knew Heaven was a jerk, but now I'm really curious to see what she's up to. On Jett's side? Oh no, I doubt that very much. And honestly, I just feel really, really sorry for Nevaeh. It doesn't seem in her nature to condone or accept what Heaven's done, no matter what excuse Heaven gives her.
Also, someone please take that crown from Jett sooner rather than later. I don't trust him (or Heaven) with it.
Somehow I managed to miss the update on the 15th (real life just distracted me, probably), but what. I mean, I kinda of knew Heaven was a jerk, but now I'm really curious to see what she's up to. On Jett's side? Oh no, I doubt that very much. And honestly, I just feel really, really sorry for Nevaeh. It doesn't seem in her nature to condone or accept what Heaven's done, no matter what excuse Heaven gives her.
Also, someone please take that crown from Jett sooner rather than later. I don't trust him (or Heaven) with it.
@Midwinter

Yeah, he's definitely not king material... But we'll have to see what happens, and what the pulls decide for him!

@Sabariel

Yeah, it's really a shame that everything's been shaken up so much that Jett's been able to get power at this point and time. His reign is going to be interesting, that's for sure!
@Midwinter

Yeah, he's definitely not king material... But we'll have to see what happens, and what the pulls decide for him!

@Sabariel

Yeah, it's really a shame that everything's been shaken up so much that Jett's been able to get power at this point and time. His reign is going to be interesting, that's for sure!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I LITERALLY BOBBED UP AND DOWN IN MY CHAIR WHEN I READ 'Guess who I put on a nest yesterday?' I LOVE THESE TWO
I LITERALLY BOBBED UP AND DOWN IN MY CHAIR WHEN I READ 'Guess who I put on a nest yesterday?' I LOVE THESE TWO
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@FallenEclipse

THAT WAS MY SAME REACTION WHEN CLEVERDUAL SENT ME THE APPAREL PULL!!! GENERATION B IS ON THEIR WAY!!!
@FallenEclipse

THAT WAS MY SAME REACTION WHEN CLEVERDUAL SENT ME THE APPAREL PULL!!! GENERATION B IS ON THEIR WAY!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall So many interesting possibilities in this chapter! I liked being able to see the ceremony through Jett's eyes (really helps give further understanding of his character), the thought that Heaven might come to collect her debt, and the fluffy scene between Age and Accident. I'm so excited to see how their kids will turn out! (Probably gonna be as eye-catching as their dad. [emoji=guardian star size=1]) -- As a sidenote, I just realized "Heaven Collects Her Debts" makes an awesome band name. XD
@Petall So many interesting possibilities in this chapter! I liked being able to see the ceremony through Jett's eyes (really helps give further understanding of his character), the thought that Heaven might come to collect her debt, and the fluffy scene between Age and Accident. I'm so excited to see how their kids will turn out! (Probably gonna be as eye-catching as their dad. )

-- As a sidenote, I just realized "Heaven Collects Her Debts" makes an awesome band name. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist Thanks! I wanted to show that when it comes down to it, Jett isn't acting out of malevolence, he's just egocentric, young, and unprepared for the role he's been told would be his from the day he was born. I see him more as an unruly teenager who doesn't want to be told what to do than a tyrant. He's still a dangerous choice for a monarch, but he's not deliberately causing harm. Oh I wouldn't be surprised if their father's wonderful genes end up being present all the way to the Z generation. There is, of course, a very slim change that Age's genes will pass on, but even if they do, with the pinkerlocke coin flip rule, there's still a 50% chance I wouldn't be able to keep them anyways. I've resigned myself to my fate. Maybe piebald and paint will come to grow on me, despite the fact they are my least favourite genes. I'm already warming up to Accident's appearance. That would be an awesome band name! [emoji=pearlcatcher tongue size=2]
@Disillusionist

Thanks! I wanted to show that when it comes down to it, Jett isn't acting out of malevolence, he's just egocentric, young, and unprepared for the role he's been told would be his from the day he was born. I see him more as an unruly teenager who doesn't want to be told what to do than a tyrant. He's still a dangerous choice for a monarch, but he's not deliberately causing harm.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if their father's wonderful genes end up being present all the way to the Z generation. There is, of course, a very slim change that Age's genes will pass on, but even if they do, with the pinkerlocke coin flip rule, there's still a 50% chance I wouldn't be able to keep them anyways. I've resigned myself to my fate. Maybe piebald and paint will come to grow on me, despite the fact they are my least favourite genes. I'm already warming up to Accident's appearance.

That would be an awesome band name!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/25#post_39871817]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 29: Heart to Heart[/u][/b] [item=sea heart] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Jett paced his quarters fervently. He had only just managed to shake of Koraki, who was insistent that he immediately set to work on his kingly duties. Jett didn't see the point, not when he only ruled over nine dragons and an insufferable corven. There was simply nothing to get done. Besides, he wanted to hang out with Scoril, and she had told him she had to go to her magic lesson first. All that was left to do was wait. He did not, however, stay bored for long. Just as his feet were beginning to grow weary of pacing, there was a knock at his door. Without waiting for a response, heaven strode in, her long body filling the room as she circled her king with a look of victory. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950388][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52950388&skin=0&apparel=753,369,3640&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh, you," Jett sighed, flopping down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling. "What do you mean, 'oh me?'" Heaven hissed. "Oh, nothing. I've just been waiting for Scoril," Jett said, squinting as he studied the ceiling. If he looked really closely, he could almost see the stonework form the shape of a rabbit. It was making him hungry. "Are you forgetting that we have a deal?" Heaven asked. "Oh no, I didn't forget, you just made it abundantly clear you'd be calling the shots, so I figured I better not bother asking," Jett reminded her. "Well, the time has come to discuss the nature of our alliance- ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" Heaven roared as Jett began to whistle. "Yeah, I'm listening. Just skip all the boring stuff would you? We don't need to go through all the formalities, just get to the point," Jett said, turning his head to face Heaven and waving his hand. "Very well," Heaven nodded. "I want to be the mother of your heir." "What?" Jett said, sitting bolt upright. He wasn't sure he had heard correctly. "Are you saying you want to be my queen?" "And have to be second to you? Never truly having power? No thank you," Heaven huffed. "Don't you pay attention to anything Age says? The mates of the current monarch never actually have any official power, save for the shared reign of Arcene and Akira. Ugh, I hate that I know this. Age really does get into your head." The imperial shook her head. "Besides, considering everyone is still on the hunt for Topaz's killer, it would be far too obvious, and you don't strike me as the type to settle down." "Than why would you want to have a nest with me?" Jett asked, feeling rather confused. "Because I want to be remembered," Heaven said, a smile crossing her face as she grew more excited. "You think Nevaeh is going to go down in history with her little fling with the blacksmith? No, once everyone who knows her dies off, she'll fade from memory. But get in with the king, that's a whole other story. Surely you've heard of that crazy snapper king that had six consecutive wives." "Uh, yeah," Jett responded. He didn't, but he also didn't want Heaven to let on. "Everyone knows their names, in fact, that's what King Henry is known for most," Heaven said, a gleam in her eyes. "If I were the mother of the next king or queen, I would be guaranteed a spot in the history books. Now, I don't care if you go off and marry someone else before or after our nest, you can do what you like, but I want that first nest. I want my bloodline on the throne." "Is that- it?" Jett was surprised. It seemed all too easy. He would, after all, need an heir. "No, of course not. You think that's going to cover your debts?" Heaven shook her head. "No, that's just my first request. There will be more." "You know, it is going to be quite a while until I'm ready for a nest," Jett reminded her. He may not be a hatchling anymore, but he was still not fully grown. And Heaven herself had not seemed to reach her full size yet. "I know, I just wanted to get my claim in before you went and fell in love with that skinny bombshell of yours or whatever," Heaven rolled her eyes. "Scoril and I are friends," Jett growled. "Yeah, maybe you are and maybe you always will be, but maybe you'll become more than that. Or you'll fall in love with some other hot thing that stumbles into this forsaken kingdom. You can't predict the future, kid, you just gotta roll with it," Heaven pointed out. "Anyways, I should leave you with whatever nonsense you were getting up to. I have to help Larkin and Ulf with the investigation." "But aren't you-?" Jett asked. "Yup!" Heaven interrupted. "But they don't know that, and maybe I can kill two birds with one stone as it were." She left before Jett even had the chance to say goodbye. As he watched her go, he felt his heart pound harder in his chest. She may be terrifying, but Jett had to admit there was something he liked about the imperial. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53073977][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53073977&skin=0&apparel=12901,25184,25180,25185,27131&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "There's no need to be nervous, everything's going to be perfectly fine," Age reminded Accident in an attempt to soothe him. Since leaving her room, he has been shaking. "But what if they don't like me?" Accident asked, slinking lower. "Of course they'll like you! Why wouldn't they like you!" Age protested, but even as she spoke, she felt her own anxiety flair up. While her mom was the one she wanted to officially introduce Accident to, she would almost certainly be with Ulf, and the gaoler had a tendency to be... overprotective to say the least. The couple carried on in silence, anxiety buzzing between the two of them. By the time they reached the door to her mother's quarters, Age was almost tempted to turn around and do this another day when she realized that was foolish thinking. She knocked on the door. She wasn't surprised when Ulf opened it. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Ah, there's the scoundrel," Ulf said, eyeing Accident with narrowed eyes. As the couple entered, the mirror drew himself closer to the floor. "Ulf, don't scare them, they're welcome. I'm glad I finally get to meet my daughter's new friend officially," Larkin said, looking up from the papers strewn across her desk. "Welcome, both of you. Sorry about the mess, Heaven just dropped by with an interesting tip on Khepri, and we have a new lead in your father's case." "Khepri?" Age was surprised. "But he-" "Do you really see anyone as being capable of killing your father?" Ulf asked. "No, I guess not, I just-" Age began again. "The fact of the matter is, someone did it, and right now all of our clues are pointing towards Khepri, end of story," Ulf growled. "Ulf, enough with this talk of work. There's no need to scare them," Larkin reminded the gaoler. "But it's a dangerous world out there, they have to be prepared," Ulf pointed out. "Age trusts far too easily, as do you, need I remind you?" "Yes, but my daughter has also just come to introduce her mate to us, and I think it's best we focus on that for now," Larkin smiled, then turned to the young couple. "Mates? How did you know?" Age was taken aback. "Darling, I've seen the way you act around each other. Besides, you're carrying eggs, those don't just happen. Well, in most cases anyways," Larkin pointed out, her smile growing wider. "Eggs?" Accident had suddenly gone very pale. Age didn't know what to say. She [i]had[/i] been feeling a little odd since the night of the coronation, a little heavier in the belly region, but it hadn't occurred to her that eggs were a possibility. "Did you not know? Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I thought you would have figured it out," Larkin said, growing concerned. "Do you too need time to talk?" "I think that would be best," Age said, mouth feeling dry. It wasn't that she didn't like the possibility of being a mother, especially if they were Accident's, but this wasn't something she thought would happen so soon, and Accident himself looked about ready to fall over. "Take all the time you need. And when you're ready, I'd love to get to know you properly, Accident," Larkin said, smiling again. Accident just let out a strange sort of squeak, and Age guided him out of the room, still in shock herself at the realization. Neither spoke until they were back in Age's room. "So, eggs," Accident said, still looking a bit shaky. "Yeah, that's a surprise to me too," Age laughed nervously. "Are you okay? With all this?" "I mean, it's all a bit much," Accident said. He must have seen how her face fell because he very quickly rushed to add "I mean, it's exciting and all. And it's you. And me. And our- children. It's just- a bit of a surprise, s'all." "But are you okay with being a dad?" Age asked, growing concerned. What if this was too much for their young relationship to handle? "Age, I don't know how to be a dad. My parents weren't even mates, it was an accidental combination of magic when they were trying to have their own respective nests with their proper partners. My mother told me that from day one. I didn't exactly stick around very long, I didn't want to be where I didn't belong," Accident admitted. "Oh Accident, I'm so sorry. I had no idea," Age said. "Well, I mean, it's not exactly something I talk about a whole lot. It's not something I'm proud of. I mean, how do you think I got my name?" Accident smiled sadly. "But I don't want our kids to have to feel that way. And I love you, I don't ever want to hurt you. I'm just scared I'm going to be a failure of a father." "You won't be," Age reassured him. "I appreciate the sentiment, but you don't know that for sure. We won't know that until the eggs hatch," Accident grimaced. "Oh deities, I'm terrified." "I'm scared too," Age admitted quietly. "I like being able to plan things. I like knowing when things are going to happen. I don't feel ready for this, but that's not going to stop it from happening." "But you always have everything together, how can you be scared. You have the perfect mom, you had a dad who loved you more than anything. You're set," Accident pointed out. "First off, do you remember the disaster I was when I gave you the lantern? I'm far from perfect. Secondly, my mom's memory is so bad that I'm certain there are days where she forgets that I even exist," Age admitted. "And my dad is dead. Besides, to him, I was his heir more than anything else. I was never anything more to him than a princess. So you know what? We'll learn together. That's the whole point of being mates, we're not in this alone." "You're right," Accident nodded. "I'm sorry I freaked out." "Hey, I freaked out too," Age reminded him. "We just-" The tundra gasped as something shifted within her. She suddenly felt full of magical energy. "Are they coming?" Accident asked, rushing to her side. Age nodded, too overpowered by the combined shadow and water magic within her to speak. By the time it was all over, three perfect eggs lay nestled in a blanket they had pulled off of Age's bed. Whether Age and Accident were ready or not, there was no denying it now- they were going to be parents. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53297804][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53297804&skin=0&apparel=25797,25793,4788,442&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] There was a pounding at the door to Falcon's house. "Falcon! I'm here for my magic lesson!" Scoril's voice sounded through the other side of the door. "Take the day off today, we'll resume your lessons tomorrow!" Falcon called through gritted teeth. There was a pause. "Falcon, are you doing alright?" Scoril asked, clearly concerned. "I'm fine!" Falcon shot back. "For the record, I can sense that you're not, but I'm not going to push," Scoril said. Falcon swore. She had forgotten skydancers could sense emotion. Another part of her training she had forgotten. From the silence on the other side of the door, Falcon could tell that Scoril had left. Feeling grateful to be alone, Falcon curled herself together, her head resting on her tail, and let the guilt wash over her. She couldn't get the images out of her head, the massive army she had faced, the pain of her injuries, the cry of her battle partner as she fled the skirmish. All that training had led to nothing. When it came down to it, she was nothing more than a coward, and she saw herself as fit to train another to hone her magical skills. Tomorrow, she could get up again, bury her pain, and live another day. But today she needed to remember. She was certain her partner was dead, and she had killed him by breaking the most fundamental rule of her training: [i]protect your partner at all costs.[/i] Even if he was alive, he probably hated her, and she didn't blame him. This was her punishment for her cowardice. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/27#post_39917569]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm[/center] ----- The tooltip for today's pull was perfect for what I had planned for the update. Today I pulled Jett, Age and Falcon for the battle pull (hence why this chapter is from their POV, I may not do that for every battle pull I get, but it does make it easier to decide who to focus on for the chapter). Jett and Age are level 4 and Falcon is level 3. Actually, I keep forgetting to update you all on everyone's levels, so here's the breakdown right now: [LIST=1] [*]Scoril [*]Nevaeh, Accident [*]Heaven, Falcon [*]Jett, Age [*]Khepri [*]Larkin, Ulf [/LIST]

Day 29: Heart to Heart
Sea Heart
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=20830,20831,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png

Jett paced his quarters fervently. He had only just managed to shake of Koraki, who was insistent that he immediately set to work on his kingly duties. Jett didn't see the point, not when he only ruled over nine dragons and an insufferable corven. There was simply nothing to get done.

Besides, he wanted to hang out with Scoril, and she had told him she had to go to her magic lesson first. All that was left to do was wait.

He did not, however, stay bored for long. Just as his feet were beginning to grow weary of pacing, there was a knock at his door. Without waiting for a response, heaven strode in, her long body filling the room as she circled her king with a look of victory.
dragon?did=52950388&skin=0&apparel=753,369,3640&xt=dressing.png

"Oh, you," Jett sighed, flopping down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling.

"What do you mean, 'oh me?'" Heaven hissed.

"Oh, nothing. I've just been waiting for Scoril," Jett said, squinting as he studied the ceiling. If he looked really closely, he could almost see the stonework form the shape of a rabbit. It was making him hungry.

"Are you forgetting that we have a deal?" Heaven asked.

"Oh no, I didn't forget, you just made it abundantly clear you'd be calling the shots, so I figured I better not bother asking," Jett reminded her.

"Well, the time has come to discuss the nature of our alliance- ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" Heaven roared as Jett began to whistle.

"Yeah, I'm listening. Just skip all the boring stuff would you? We don't need to go through all the formalities, just get to the point," Jett said, turning his head to face Heaven and waving his hand.

"Very well," Heaven nodded. "I want to be the mother of your heir."

"What?" Jett said, sitting bolt upright. He wasn't sure he had heard correctly. "Are you saying you want to be my queen?"

"And have to be second to you? Never truly having power? No thank you," Heaven huffed. "Don't you pay attention to anything Age says? The mates of the current monarch never actually have any official power, save for the shared reign of Arcene and Akira. Ugh, I hate that I know this. Age really does get into your head." The imperial shook her head. "Besides, considering everyone is still on the hunt for Topaz's killer, it would be far too obvious, and you don't strike me as the type to settle down."

"Than why would you want to have a nest with me?" Jett asked, feeling rather confused.

"Because I want to be remembered," Heaven said, a smile crossing her face as she grew more excited. "You think Nevaeh is going to go down in history with her little fling with the blacksmith? No, once everyone who knows her dies off, she'll fade from memory. But get in with the king, that's a whole other story. Surely you've heard of that crazy snapper king that had six consecutive wives."

"Uh, yeah," Jett responded. He didn't, but he also didn't want Heaven to let on.

"Everyone knows their names, in fact, that's what King Henry is known for most," Heaven said, a gleam in her eyes. "If I were the mother of the next king or queen, I would be guaranteed a spot in the history books. Now, I don't care if you go off and marry someone else before or after our nest, you can do what you like, but I want that first nest. I want my bloodline on the throne."

"Is that- it?" Jett was surprised. It seemed all too easy. He would, after all, need an heir.

"No, of course not. You think that's going to cover your debts?" Heaven shook her head. "No, that's just my first request. There will be more."

"You know, it is going to be quite a while until I'm ready for a nest," Jett reminded her. He may not be a hatchling anymore, but he was still not fully grown. And Heaven herself had not seemed to reach her full size yet.

"I know, I just wanted to get my claim in before you went and fell in love with that skinny bombshell of yours or whatever," Heaven rolled her eyes.

"Scoril and I are friends," Jett growled.

"Yeah, maybe you are and maybe you always will be, but maybe you'll become more than that. Or you'll fall in love with some other hot thing that stumbles into this forsaken kingdom. You can't predict the future, kid, you just gotta roll with it," Heaven pointed out. "Anyways, I should leave you with whatever nonsense you were getting up to. I have to help Larkin and Ulf with the investigation."

"But aren't you-?" Jett asked.

"Yup!" Heaven interrupted. "But they don't know that, and maybe I can kill two birds with one stone as it were."

She left before Jett even had the chance to say goodbye. As he watched her go, he felt his heart pound harder in his chest. She may be terrifying, but Jett had to admit there was something he liked about the imperial.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53073977&skin=0&apparel=12901,25184,25180,25185,27131&xt=dressing.png

"There's no need to be nervous, everything's going to be perfectly fine," Age reminded Accident in an attempt to soothe him. Since leaving her room, he has been shaking.

"But what if they don't like me?" Accident asked, slinking lower.

"Of course they'll like you! Why wouldn't they like you!" Age protested, but even as she spoke, she felt her own anxiety flair up. While her mom was the one she wanted to officially introduce Accident to, she would almost certainly be with Ulf, and the gaoler had a tendency to be... overprotective to say the least.

The couple carried on in silence, anxiety buzzing between the two of them. By the time they reached the door to her mother's quarters, Age was almost tempted to turn around and do this another day when she realized that was foolish thinking. She knocked on the door. She wasn't surprised when Ulf opened it.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png

"Ah, there's the scoundrel," Ulf said, eyeing Accident with narrowed eyes. As the couple entered, the mirror drew himself closer to the floor.

"Ulf, don't scare them, they're welcome. I'm glad I finally get to meet my daughter's new friend officially," Larkin said, looking up from the papers strewn across her desk. "Welcome, both of you. Sorry about the mess, Heaven just dropped by with an interesting tip on Khepri, and we have a new lead in your father's case."

"Khepri?" Age was surprised. "But he-"

"Do you really see anyone as being capable of killing your father?" Ulf asked.

"No, I guess not, I just-" Age began again.

"The fact of the matter is, someone did it, and right now all of our clues are pointing towards Khepri, end of story," Ulf growled.

"Ulf, enough with this talk of work. There's no need to scare them," Larkin reminded the gaoler.

"But it's a dangerous world out there, they have to be prepared," Ulf pointed out. "Age trusts far too easily, as do you, need I remind you?"

"Yes, but my daughter has also just come to introduce her mate to us, and I think it's best we focus on that for now," Larkin smiled, then turned to the young couple.

"Mates? How did you know?" Age was taken aback.

"Darling, I've seen the way you act around each other. Besides, you're carrying eggs, those don't just happen. Well, in most cases anyways," Larkin pointed out, her smile growing wider.

"Eggs?" Accident had suddenly gone very pale. Age didn't know what to say. She had been feeling a little odd since the night of the coronation, a little heavier in the belly region, but it hadn't occurred to her that eggs were a possibility.

"Did you not know? Oh, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I thought you would have figured it out," Larkin said, growing concerned. "Do you too need time to talk?"

"I think that would be best," Age said, mouth feeling dry. It wasn't that she didn't like the possibility of being a mother, especially if they were Accident's, but this wasn't something she thought would happen so soon, and Accident himself looked about ready to fall over.

"Take all the time you need. And when you're ready, I'd love to get to know you properly, Accident," Larkin said, smiling again. Accident just let out a strange sort of squeak, and Age guided him out of the room, still in shock herself at the realization.

Neither spoke until they were back in Age's room.

"So, eggs," Accident said, still looking a bit shaky.

"Yeah, that's a surprise to me too," Age laughed nervously. "Are you okay? With all this?"

"I mean, it's all a bit much," Accident said. He must have seen how her face fell because he very quickly rushed to add "I mean, it's exciting and all. And it's you. And me. And our- children. It's just- a bit of a surprise, s'all."

"But are you okay with being a dad?" Age asked, growing concerned. What if this was too much for their young relationship to handle?

"Age, I don't know how to be a dad. My parents weren't even mates, it was an accidental combination of magic when they were trying to have their own respective nests with their proper partners. My mother told me that from day one. I didn't exactly stick around very long, I didn't want to be where I didn't belong," Accident admitted.

"Oh Accident, I'm so sorry. I had no idea," Age said.

"Well, I mean, it's not exactly something I talk about a whole lot. It's not something I'm proud of. I mean, how do you think I got my name?" Accident smiled sadly. "But I don't want our kids to have to feel that way. And I love you, I don't ever want to hurt you. I'm just scared I'm going to be a failure of a father."

"You won't be," Age reassured him.

"I appreciate the sentiment, but you don't know that for sure. We won't know that until the eggs hatch," Accident grimaced. "Oh deities, I'm terrified."

"I'm scared too," Age admitted quietly. "I like being able to plan things. I like knowing when things are going to happen. I don't feel ready for this, but that's not going to stop it from happening."

"But you always have everything together, how can you be scared. You have the perfect mom, you had a dad who loved you more than anything. You're set," Accident pointed out.

"First off, do you remember the disaster I was when I gave you the lantern? I'm far from perfect. Secondly, my mom's memory is so bad that I'm certain there are days where she forgets that I even exist," Age admitted. "And my dad is dead. Besides, to him, I was his heir more than anything else. I was never anything more to him than a princess. So you know what? We'll learn together. That's the whole point of being mates, we're not in this alone."

"You're right," Accident nodded. "I'm sorry I freaked out."

"Hey, I freaked out too," Age reminded him. "We just-" The tundra gasped as something shifted within her. She suddenly felt full of magical energy.

"Are they coming?" Accident asked, rushing to her side. Age nodded, too overpowered by the combined shadow and water magic within her to speak.

By the time it was all over, three perfect eggs lay nestled in a blanket they had pulled off of Age's bed. Whether Age and Accident were ready or not, there was no denying it now- they were going to be parents.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53297804&skin=0&apparel=25797,25793,4788,442&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png

There was a pounding at the door to Falcon's house.

"Falcon! I'm here for my magic lesson!" Scoril's voice sounded through the other side of the door.

"Take the day off today, we'll resume your lessons tomorrow!" Falcon called through gritted teeth.

There was a pause. "Falcon, are you doing alright?" Scoril asked, clearly concerned.

"I'm fine!" Falcon shot back.

"For the record, I can sense that you're not, but I'm not going to push," Scoril said. Falcon swore. She had forgotten skydancers could sense emotion. Another part of her training she had forgotten.

From the silence on the other side of the door, Falcon could tell that Scoril had left. Feeling grateful to be alone, Falcon curled herself together, her head resting on her tail, and let the guilt wash over her.

She couldn't get the images out of her head, the massive army she had faced, the pain of her injuries, the cry of her battle partner as she fled the skirmish. All that training had led to nothing. When it came down to it, she was nothing more than a coward, and she saw herself as fit to train another to hone her magical skills.

Tomorrow, she could get up again, bury her pain, and live another day. But today she needed to remember. She was certain her partner was dead, and she had killed him by breaking the most fundamental rule of her training: protect your partner at all costs. Even if he was alive, he probably hated her, and she didn't blame him.

This was her punishment for her cowardice.

The tooltip for today's pull was perfect for what I had planned for the update.

Today I pulled Jett, Age and Falcon for the battle pull (hence why this chapter is from their POV, I may not do that for every battle pull I get, but it does make it easier to decide who to focus on for the chapter). Jett and Age are level 4 and Falcon is level 3.

Actually, I keep forgetting to update you all on everyone's levels, so here's the breakdown right now:
  1. Scoril
  2. Nevaeh, Accident
  3. Heaven, Falcon
  4. Jett, Age
  5. Khepri
  6. Larkin, Ulf
@Petall XD So going by Coli levels, Larkin and Ulf would be able to trounce everybody! I like the idea of Ulf just sitting his opponent or Larkin defeating hers with The Power of LECTURE.

Plus I couldn't get rid of the image of Heaven in a fedora and smoking a cigar like a 40's gangster. "Now, now, sonny boy, we had a deal, you'n me. I thought we was chums..." And she wants to have a kid just so she can "go down in history". Guys, I think Heaven's going to be a terrible parent.

On that note, ouch, we found out about Accident's name. That's a great way to explain it, though wow, I really feel for the guy. Falcon, too. *pats Falcon and Accident* Eat a banana and sit outside, you'll feel better. Sorry, I can't let go of that joke. XD

Also -- JETT!! RUN!!!!!
@Petall XD So going by Coli levels, Larkin and Ulf would be able to trounce everybody! I like the idea of Ulf just sitting his opponent or Larkin defeating hers with The Power of LECTURE.

Plus I couldn't get rid of the image of Heaven in a fedora and smoking a cigar like a 40's gangster. "Now, now, sonny boy, we had a deal, you'n me. I thought we was chums..." And she wants to have a kid just so she can "go down in history". Guys, I think Heaven's going to be a terrible parent.

On that note, ouch, we found out about Accident's name. That's a great way to explain it, though wow, I really feel for the guy. Falcon, too. *pats Falcon and Accident* Eat a banana and sit outside, you'll feel better. Sorry, I can't let go of that joke. XD

Also -- JETT!! RUN!!!!!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

THE POWER OF LECTURE OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S AMAZING

I now feel the urge to draw Heaven like that... Maybe if I get an art pull soon... Also yeah, she definitely is not the most motherly of dragons.
@Disillusionist

THE POWER OF LECTURE OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S AMAZING

I now feel the urge to draw Heaven like that... Maybe if I get an art pull soon... Also yeah, she definitely is not the most motherly of dragons.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 141 142