Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 141 142
issa murder on the owl express in the forgotten kingdom
issa murder on the owl express in the forgotten kingdom
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
The game is afoot!

Totally kicking myself for not making this joke earlier.
The game is afoot!

Totally kicking myself for not making this joke earlier.
Oh, oh yikes. Poor Topaz, he wasn't as pure and innocent as Zunde but he still didn't deserve this. I wonder who killed him though, most dragons have a motive or might do it by accident but then again he was killed with a knife. Hmmmm

Also does this mean Age is the queen now? Or does Jett get to rule?
Oh, oh yikes. Poor Topaz, he wasn't as pure and innocent as Zunde but he still didn't deserve this. I wonder who killed him though, most dragons have a motive or might do it by accident but then again he was killed with a knife. Hmmmm

Also does this mean Age is the queen now? Or does Jett get to rule?
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
y'know what?
i think i'll take topaz if nobody else wants to claim him
y'know what?
i think i'll take topaz if nobody else wants to claim him
@Midwinter

I really should have been paying more attention in the Coli... And yes, there are many possible suspects...

That's going to be a little complicated to sort out, especially seeing as Jett is still a hatchling, but the next few chapters will explore the topic of succession.

@Dynami

Tirtouga678 claimed him though a message, though I'm holding him until they have room to take him, I'm sorry!
@Midwinter

I really should have been paying more attention in the Coli... And yes, there are many possible suspects...

That's going to be a little complicated to sort out, especially seeing as Jett is still a hatchling, but the next few chapters will explore the topic of succession.

@Dynami

Tirtouga678 claimed him though a message, though I'm holding him until they have room to take him, I'm sorry!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/21#post_39739424]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 25: Topaz's Heir[/u][/b] [item=Rotting Leather] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Larkin could hardly believe he was gone. The pain sat, familiar, in her chest, but she could not remember when she had last felt grief like this. Topaz was dead, and someone had murdered him. Larkin could not deny the events had rather shaken her, especially having seen him just the night before. She didn't want to think any of the kingdom were capable of murder, but that was the reality she had to live with. Now the kingdom was left without a monarch, and two that could take the throne. It had hardly been a year since they had arrived in the kingdom, and yet already they were thrown into such turmoil. Everyone seemed to be looking to her for a solution as the co-founder, but she did not have the answers everyone was looking for. In fact, all she wanted to do was curl up in her room and cry. But she had to be strong, she reminded herself as she gazed at the body of Topaz on the floor of the throne room. She hadn't even gotten the chance to tell him she loved him. Suddenly, a familiar smell wafted into the throne room and something stirred within Larkin. She jolted her head up, making eye contact with an impressive gaoler striding into the room, mouth open in abject shock as he caught sight of the body. [center][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center][/center] "You... smell like a friend," Larkin breathed, rushing forwards to embrace the gaoler and bury her face in his thick fur. Though she could not remember his face, his scent brought memories of closeness and trust. It did not matter that she did not know the details, she knew he was someone important to her. "Hey Larkin, it's Ulf," The gaoler said softly, before lowering his voice to a growl. "So, someone finally did the fool in, eh?" Larkin took a step back, shocked at his callousness. "No, I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry," Ulf murmured. "Obviously this has been a terrible tragedy, and whoever did it must pay dearly for their crimes. Where's Age? Is she preparing to take the throne?" He raised his head and looked around the room. "She's the one who found him," Larkin said quietly. "She went out for a walk, to clear her head, and to bring the news to everyone else. We'll have the funeral tomorrow. And-" She paused, unsure of how to explain this, "She might not be queen." "What do you mean?" Ulf said, eyes widening. Larkin told the gaoler all about the discovery of the eggs and the new prince Jett, as well as the implications of the royal lineage. It was a long story, but he sat quietly listening until she was done. "Wow, I bet Topaz didn't like that," Ulf whistled. "He didn't. And he had a point. He's the one who built this clan, we built it together. I think we should honor his wishes and pass the crown onto Age. She'd make a great queen, and provide great stability during this terrible time," Larkin sighed. "I think you're right. Also, whoever did him in could be trying to get Jett on the throne," Ulf pointed out. "I hadn't thought of that," Larkin said. "So, you're back," a hiss rose from the corner of the room. Heaven was sauntering in, glaring suspiciously at Ulf. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950388][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52950388&skin=0&apparel=753,369,3640&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Heaven, it's good to see you again. You've grown," Ulf nodded politely to the imperial. She didn't respond, turning instead to Larkin. "They say the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime," Heaven hissed. "Are you sure we can trust him?" "What are you suggesting, Heaven," Larkin asked, narrowing her eyes to meet her glare. She suddenly felt very defensive over this gaoler for reasons she did not entirely understand. "Oh come on, your tundra brain may not be great, but surely you must remember how Ulf and Topaz had it out for each other," Heaven pointed out, glaring at Ulf. "Isn't it a bit suspicious that now is when he returns, immediately after Topaz was found dead?" "If I were to kill Topaz, I would have used my teeth and my claws," Ulf growled. "Do you honestly think I could hold a knife of that size? Have we even checked the knife? Do we have any idea who it could have belonged to?" Larkin quickly moved to obtain the knife, cleaning it off before returning to the group. "It looks like Khepri's craftsmanship," Larkin pointed out. "No, it can't be," Heaven breathed, a look of horror crossing her face. "What?" Larkin asked, feeling a surge of desperation. "Khepri gave my sister that knife as a gift, so she can protect herself," Heaven shook her head, backing away. "Nevaeh wouldn't- She couldn't-" Ulf and Larkin exchanged a glance. "It seems out of character-" Larkin commented. "But it's the only lead we've got. Do you want to find Topaz's killer, or not?" Ulf growled. Larkin couldn't help but admit Ulf was right. Sentiment couldn't bring Topaz justice. But at the same time, Larkin couldn't see the imperial willingly harming another like that. She had never had anything against the king, so what was her motive? It was then that she understood the weight Topaz must have felt as leader of the clan, as small as they were. She wished he was still here, but then again, if he was still here they wouldn't be in all this mess in the first place. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Age was hardly paying attention to where she was going. She felt too numb. The image of her father's body was seared into her brain. He had always seemed like this immovable force, something that would be in the clan forever. Even though she had been raised since birth to take his place, she had never thought the day would come so soon. Then there was the question of Jett, and his claim to the throne. Her head was spinning as she tried to think, but everything was becoming a fog. She was so caught up in everything that she almost tripped over Accident as she stepped into his camp. He let out a high pitched yelp and leaped into the air, clearly startled. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53073977][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53073977&skin=0&apparel=12901,25184,25180,25185,27131&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "I'm so sorry!" Age exclaimed, taking a step back, then she burst into tears. "Did I-" Accident flattened his fins, then lowered his voice. "Did I do something wrong?" "No, it's not that!" Age wailed. "It's just- My dad- He's- It's- I have to- Gone-" "Breathe? Can you do that? Can you breathe?" Accident asked, rushing forward to try to help. Age took in a deep breath through her sobs, and without realizing what she was doing, leaned into Accident and pressed her face into his shoulder. "Oh, okay, this is happening now," Accident commented, and he reached up a front paw to pat her on the shoulder. He held her until Age stopped crying. Once the tears stopped, she stepped away and sniffed. "Sorry," she said, looking away in shame. "You've mentioned that already," Accident said. "What's all this about?" "My dad's been murdered," Age admitted. "He WAHT?!" Accident asked, reeling back. It sounds like you need a breather. Hold on just a second. The mirror slipped off into his thornbush shelter, only to appear again with a blanket, which he draped over Age. "There, that's not much, I know, but it's what I have," Accident shifted his paws awkwardly. "Thank you," Age sniffed, feeling touched at the gesture. "So, wow, your dad's dead, that's rough," Accident said, scratching at the dirt with his talons. "Does that make you the head honcho now?" "It can't!" Age said, taken aback. "Jett has to take the throne! He's the rightful heir to the kingdom! I have to make sure he takes the throne! Besides, I'm not ready for this! This wasn't supposed to happen now!" "Woah, calm down," Accident said. "I think you don't have to be queen if you don't want to be. Especially if this Jett guy, whoever he is, is the real next in line." "But Jett's still just a hatchling," Age told him. "He's not ready for this yet, so I'm going to have to rule until he's old enough. I don't know if I can do that!" "Who's looking after the clan right now?" Accident asked. "I don't know, my mom?" Age responded. "Can't she rule a little more? Why should all this be put on you! Live free! Do what you want! Find your own destiny! That's what I'm doing!" Accident suggested. "I can't exactly run away from my responsibilities. Even if I'm not the immediate heir, I'm still in line for the throne someday," Age told him. "Yeah, well, do you have to rule today? Because you could stay here if you wanted," Accident offered. "I mean, I have room in my den. It's not much, but if you need a break, you're welcome to stay!" "You mean it?" Age perked up. "Yeah, of course," Accident said, shifting his paws. "Thank you," Age breathed. The two sat in silence for a few minutes. Feeling a strange comfort and warmth within her, Age moved to lean her head on Accident's shoulder. Suddenly, the mirror jumped up. "Food! You need food, right? What do tundras eat? I could do some hunting? Maybe find somewhere to fish? I've never had much success catching insects, but I could try if you want me to!" Accident rambled. "Accident! It's fine," Age laughed. "I eat plants, and I can get those for myself easily enough." "Oh, right," Accident said, sitting back down again and ducking away in embarrassment. Age leaned her head on his shoulder again, and this time he didn't move. It was nice, to have a place away from all the drama of the castle. Though, she had a feeling if the twins heard where she was tonight, she'd never hear the end of it. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/23#post_39766208]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars[/center] ----- The murder mystery begins! Do any of you have predictions for who its going to be? I would confirm or deny anything, I'm just curious to know all your thoughts. You don't even have to say anything if you don't know yet, no pressure! Also, thought it would be good to get some more time with Age and Accident! Gosh, I love writing those two!

Day 25: Topaz's Heir
Rotting Leather
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png

Larkin could hardly believe he was gone. The pain sat, familiar, in her chest, but she could not remember when she had last felt grief like this.

Topaz was dead, and someone had murdered him.

Larkin could not deny the events had rather shaken her, especially having seen him just the night before. She didn't want to think any of the kingdom were capable of murder, but that was the reality she had to live with.

Now the kingdom was left without a monarch, and two that could take the throne. It had hardly been a year since they had arrived in the kingdom, and yet already they were thrown into such turmoil. Everyone seemed to be looking to her for a solution as the co-founder, but she did not have the answers everyone was looking for. In fact, all she wanted to do was curl up in her room and cry. But she had to be strong, she reminded herself as she gazed at the body of Topaz on the floor of the throne room.

She hadn't even gotten the chance to tell him she loved him.

Suddenly, a familiar smell wafted into the throne room and something stirred within Larkin. She jolted her head up, making eye contact with an impressive gaoler striding into the room, mouth open in abject shock as he caught sight of the body.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png

"You... smell like a friend," Larkin breathed, rushing forwards to embrace the gaoler and bury her face in his thick fur. Though she could not remember his face, his scent brought memories of closeness and trust. It did not matter that she did not know the details, she knew he was someone important to her.

"Hey Larkin, it's Ulf," The gaoler said softly, before lowering his voice to a growl. "So, someone finally did the fool in, eh?"

Larkin took a step back, shocked at his callousness.

"No, I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry," Ulf murmured. "Obviously this has been a terrible tragedy, and whoever did it must pay dearly for their crimes. Where's Age? Is she preparing to take the throne?" He raised his head and looked around the room.

"She's the one who found him," Larkin said quietly. "She went out for a walk, to clear her head, and to bring the news to everyone else. We'll have the funeral tomorrow. And-" She paused, unsure of how to explain this, "She might not be queen."

"What do you mean?" Ulf said, eyes widening.

Larkin told the gaoler all about the discovery of the eggs and the new prince Jett, as well as the implications of the royal lineage. It was a long story, but he sat quietly listening until she was done.

"Wow, I bet Topaz didn't like that," Ulf whistled.

"He didn't. And he had a point. He's the one who built this clan, we built it together. I think we should honor his wishes and pass the crown onto Age. She'd make a great queen, and provide great stability during this terrible time," Larkin sighed.

"I think you're right. Also, whoever did him in could be trying to get Jett on the throne," Ulf pointed out.

"I hadn't thought of that," Larkin said.

"So, you're back," a hiss rose from the corner of the room. Heaven was sauntering in, glaring suspiciously at Ulf.
dragon?did=52950388&skin=0&apparel=753,369,3640&xt=dressing.png

"Heaven, it's good to see you again. You've grown," Ulf nodded politely to the imperial. She didn't respond, turning instead to Larkin.

"They say the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime," Heaven hissed. "Are you sure we can trust him?"

"What are you suggesting, Heaven," Larkin asked, narrowing her eyes to meet her glare. She suddenly felt very defensive over this gaoler for reasons she did not entirely understand.

"Oh come on, your tundra brain may not be great, but surely you must remember how Ulf and Topaz had it out for each other," Heaven pointed out, glaring at Ulf. "Isn't it a bit suspicious that now is when he returns, immediately after Topaz was found dead?"

"If I were to kill Topaz, I would have used my teeth and my claws," Ulf growled. "Do you honestly think I could hold a knife of that size? Have we even checked the knife? Do we have any idea who it could have belonged to?"

Larkin quickly moved to obtain the knife, cleaning it off before returning to the group.

"It looks like Khepri's craftsmanship," Larkin pointed out.

"No, it can't be," Heaven breathed, a look of horror crossing her face.

"What?" Larkin asked, feeling a surge of desperation.

"Khepri gave my sister that knife as a gift, so she can protect herself," Heaven shook her head, backing away. "Nevaeh wouldn't- She couldn't-"

Ulf and Larkin exchanged a glance.

"It seems out of character-" Larkin commented.

"But it's the only lead we've got. Do you want to find Topaz's killer, or not?" Ulf growled.

Larkin couldn't help but admit Ulf was right. Sentiment couldn't bring Topaz justice. But at the same time, Larkin couldn't see the imperial willingly harming another like that. She had never had anything against the king, so what was her motive?

It was then that she understood the weight Topaz must have felt as leader of the clan, as small as they were. She wished he was still here, but then again, if he was still here they wouldn't be in all this mess in the first place.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png

Age was hardly paying attention to where she was going. She felt too numb. The image of her father's body was seared into her brain. He had always seemed like this immovable force, something that would be in the clan forever. Even though she had been raised since birth to take his place, she had never thought the day would come so soon. Then there was the question of Jett, and his claim to the throne. Her head was spinning as she tried to think, but everything was becoming a fog.

She was so caught up in everything that she almost tripped over Accident as she stepped into his camp. He let out a high pitched yelp and leaped into the air, clearly startled.
dragon?did=53073977&skin=0&apparel=12901,25184,25180,25185,27131&xt=dressing.png

"I'm so sorry!" Age exclaimed, taking a step back, then she burst into tears.

"Did I-" Accident flattened his fins, then lowered his voice. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's not that!" Age wailed. "It's just- My dad- He's- It's- I have to- Gone-"

"Breathe? Can you do that? Can you breathe?" Accident asked, rushing forward to try to help.

Age took in a deep breath through her sobs, and without realizing what she was doing, leaned into Accident and pressed her face into his shoulder.

"Oh, okay, this is happening now," Accident commented, and he reached up a front paw to pat her on the shoulder.

He held her until Age stopped crying. Once the tears stopped, she stepped away and sniffed. "Sorry," she said, looking away in shame.

"You've mentioned that already," Accident said. "What's all this about?"

"My dad's been murdered," Age admitted.

"He WAHT?!" Accident asked, reeling back. It sounds like you need a breather. Hold on just a second.

The mirror slipped off into his thornbush shelter, only to appear again with a blanket, which he draped over Age.

"There, that's not much, I know, but it's what I have," Accident shifted his paws awkwardly.

"Thank you," Age sniffed, feeling touched at the gesture.

"So, wow, your dad's dead, that's rough," Accident said, scratching at the dirt with his talons. "Does that make you the head honcho now?"

"It can't!" Age said, taken aback. "Jett has to take the throne! He's the rightful heir to the kingdom! I have to make sure he takes the throne! Besides, I'm not ready for this! This wasn't supposed to happen now!"

"Woah, calm down," Accident said. "I think you don't have to be queen if you don't want to be. Especially if this Jett guy, whoever he is, is the real next in line."

"But Jett's still just a hatchling," Age told him. "He's not ready for this yet, so I'm going to have to rule until he's old enough. I don't know if I can do that!"

"Who's looking after the clan right now?" Accident asked.

"I don't know, my mom?" Age responded.

"Can't she rule a little more? Why should all this be put on you! Live free! Do what you want! Find your own destiny! That's what I'm doing!" Accident suggested.

"I can't exactly run away from my responsibilities. Even if I'm not the immediate heir, I'm still in line for the throne someday," Age told him.

"Yeah, well, do you have to rule today? Because you could stay here if you wanted," Accident offered. "I mean, I have room in my den. It's not much, but if you need a break, you're welcome to stay!"

"You mean it?" Age perked up.

"Yeah, of course," Accident said, shifting his paws.

"Thank you," Age breathed.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes. Feeling a strange comfort and warmth within her, Age moved to lean her head on Accident's shoulder. Suddenly, the mirror jumped up.

"Food! You need food, right? What do tundras eat? I could do some hunting? Maybe find somewhere to fish? I've never had much success catching insects, but I could try if you want me to!" Accident rambled.

"Accident! It's fine," Age laughed. "I eat plants, and I can get those for myself easily enough."

"Oh, right," Accident said, sitting back down again and ducking away in embarrassment.

Age leaned her head on his shoulder again, and this time he didn't move. It was nice, to have a place away from all the drama of the castle. Though, she had a feeling if the twins heard where she was tonight, she'd never hear the end of it.

The murder mystery begins! Do any of you have predictions for who its going to be? I would confirm or deny anything, I'm just curious to know all your thoughts. You don't even have to say anything if you don't know yet, no pressure!

Also, thought it would be good to get some more time with Age and Accident! Gosh, I love writing those two!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I'm usually awful at murder mystery predictions, but something tells me its either Accident, Kephri, Age or a new dragon that will be introduced when you next get a familiar pull.

Age and Accident are such a good pairing, he's such a disaster of a dragon and she balances him out so well
I'm usually awful at murder mystery predictions, but something tells me its either Accident, Kephri, Age or a new dragon that will be introduced when you next get a familiar pull.

Age and Accident are such a good pairing, he's such a disaster of a dragon and she balances him out so well
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Midwinter

Thank you, one of my favourite things about making Age and Accident a couple is the fact that while she is more put together than he is, deep down she's just as much an awkward disaster as he is! For her whole life, she's had to have it all together because she's Topaz's heir and needs to be a fit ruler, but with Accident, she has the space to be someone else rather than just an heir to the throne!
@Midwinter

Thank you, one of my favourite things about making Age and Accident a couple is the fact that while she is more put together than he is, deep down she's just as much an awkward disaster as he is! For her whole life, she's had to have it all together because she's Topaz's heir and needs to be a fit ruler, but with Accident, she has the space to be someone else rather than just an heir to the throne!
Hmmmmmmm. Is is weird my first thought was Larkin? I mean, after this post I'm not so sure, but Larkin has proved to have some interesting memory lapses in the past... even for a tundra. My second thought is actually Koraki, who so far as I can tell, has the strongest motive.
But honestly, idk. It'll just be fun to see where this goes~.
Hmmmmmmm. Is is weird my first thought was Larkin? I mean, after this post I'm not so sure, but Larkin has proved to have some interesting memory lapses in the past... even for a tundra. My second thought is actually Koraki, who so far as I can tell, has the strongest motive.
But honestly, idk. It'll just be fun to see where this goes~.
@Petall I reeeeaaally hate to say this, but I initially misread this chapter title as "Topaz's Hair". x'D

ANYWAY. As to whodunnit, my money's on one of the twins or on Khepri -- I don't think he'd do it consciously, but there was that time a while back when he had that weird illness. Probably the curse is influencing people to do weird things.

That scene with Age and Accident was really good! Accident is such a sweet guy. :D
@Petall I reeeeaaally hate to say this, but I initially misread this chapter title as "Topaz's Hair". x'D

ANYWAY. As to whodunnit, my money's on one of the twins or on Khepri -- I don't think he'd do it consciously, but there was that time a while back when he had that weird illness. Probably the curse is influencing people to do weird things.

That scene with Age and Accident was really good! Accident is such a sweet guy. :D
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 141 142