Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 141 142
@myriadofstars

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad you are enjoying my pinkerlocke! And oh my goodness, I feel so honored to know I've inspired you! I will most definitely check it out!

Do you want me to add you to the pinglist?
@myriadofstars

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad you are enjoying my pinkerlocke! And oh my goodness, I feel so honored to know I've inspired you! I will most definitely check it out!

Do you want me to add you to the pinglist?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Yes please, I would love to be added! I'll try and get caught up here in the next day or two.
Yes please, I would love to be added! I'll try and get caught up here in the next day or two.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/19#post_39704513]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 23: Challenging the Dark[/u][/b] [item=Sea Hare] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=177&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=140&tertgene=4&winggene=1&wings=54&auth=539c3f609695a2569cb1aed3a3206abdbe71fb54&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Scoril was terrified. She squeezed all but two of her eyes shut as she ran through the Tangled Wood, trying to avoid the dragons pursuing her. As the fear grew, so did the arcane energy flowing strong within her. Soon she wasn't going to be able to hold it in anymore, but that wasn't going to stop her from trying. She felt blind, only being able to see one way, but her multitude of eyes seemed to make her pursuers even angrier. It wasn't [i]her[/i] fault that they startled her! It wasn't [i]her[/i] fault that she hadn't been able to contain her magic and had killed one of their group. It wasn't [i]her[/i] fault that she exploded when she got scared. Scared. Fear. That was all she could think about now. She was going to explode again. She just hoped those pursuing her were far enough away to avoid the blast- There was a flash of pink energy as all of the elemental magic within her shot out at an alarming speed. She shut all of her eyes, waiting for the worst to be over. It hurt, having it all leave her at once. The pain faded as the magic stopped. Everything suddenly seemed very quiet. Slowly, she opened her eyes, one by one. She didn't recognize any of her surroundings. Surely she hadn't caused this much damage to the forest around her, and she was sure she would have remembered being so close to such a thorny wall. Plus, she was sure she most certain;y would have remembered the palace stretching high above her. Had she somehow opened a portal without realizing it? There was still so much about her powers that she didn't understand. As she got to her feet to explore her new surroundings, she could feel her elemental magic begin to fill up again. It was a never-ending cycle. She would have to find a good release before she exploded again. Thankfully, there was no one around to hurt this time. Just as Scoril's magic was getting uncomfortably full, she heard a noise behind her. "Hello there!" [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53120790][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53120790&skin=0&apparel=21845,21843,20833,15270&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Scoril spun around to see a pearlcatcher looking down at her, grinning oddly. Opaline pearl gunk remnants stuck to his teeth, though she could see no pearl of his own. He was far too close, and the surprise of his approach was enough to set her off. She screamed as the raw arcane energy one again poured from her eyes, closing them despite the fact she knew that would do nothing. When she opened her eyes, the pearlcatcher lay in front of her dead. Horror filled Scoril, making her sick to her stomach. She had killed again. Maybe this [i]was[/i] her fault. Maybe other dragons were right when they called her a monster. She was even more surprised as the body began to fade from view, shadows appearing where he had once lay. She let out a small yelp as stepped back, not wanting whatever the shadows were to touch her. As she made a sound, she felt something cold drilling into her, and she could almost swear the shadow was staring at her. But that was ridiculous, shadows couldn't see. Then, just as soon as the shadow had appeared, it disappeared, leaving nothing in its wake. It was as if the pearlcatcher had never been there. The coldness still remained, making it difficult for Scoril to breathe. It seemed to clutch her heart like talons, and for once she felt her elemental energy drain out of her without her release. Something was taking it. She felt weak in the knees, and her entire body began to shake. She turned and ran towards the castle, burrowing through the thornbushes, not caring if they scratched her. She had to get away from whatever that thing was. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=16&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=137&auth=ad028218ceb2481945dde7b364ece82ca435cd59&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/29294.png[/img][/center] Though Jett was still very young, Age had taken it upon herself to begin teaching him about his family history. They were joined by Koraki, the corven beastclan who had arrived at the palace not long after the prince's hatching. The beastclan had refused to leave the Jett's side, and wanted to be of as much assistance as possible. Still, his constant questions made it difficult for Age to teach Jett. "So, tell me again why this rebellion started?" Koraki asked, tilting his head as he took notes on a long scroll. "Don't you already know? Weren't you there?" Age asked, growing irritated, but being too polite to say anything. "No, actually. I was summoned for the job, but I can't remember anything happening before that," Koraki scratched his head. "It's as if my memory's been wiped, or if I was called into existence just when I was needed. The latter, is, of course, impossible, so sleeping in the city so long must have done a number on my brain." "Hey, where did Jett go?" Age asked, suddenly realizing the prince was no longer with them. The hatchling had a habit of wandering off when he was bored, and unfortunately, Age's lessons seemed to bore him. "Weren't you supposed to keep an eye on him?" Koraki raised and eyebrow. Age bit her tongue, feeling a surge of anger towards the bird, but she held it back. Jett couldn't have gone far, and he was likely still in the palace. However, they had been drawing near to the corridors most effected by the curse. Age had been planning to avoid it because she still did not have her lantern back, but she also had a duty to ensure Jett's safety. Taking a deep breath, she stepped into the corridor, feeling the chill of the curse almost immediately. Koraki followed close behind, holding close his own lantern, but still visibly shivering. To her relief, they did not have to travel far to find Jett, but that relief was soon replaced. The young wildclaw seemed to be standing over a young skydancer. She was writhing on the ground, vibrant pink eyes flickering open and closed all over her body. "Age! Look what I found!" Jett exclaimed, pointing to the other hatchling. "Oh my goodness," Age breathed, then turned to the corven at her side. "Koraki, you have to help me." Without another word, the beastclan rushed forward to the writhing form of the skydancer and mumbled a few words. She stilled, all her eyes closing, and her breathing calmed. "I've put her to sleep, that should give us enough time to transport her to the beacon. I think it's the curse that's effecting her so badly. We can work out what to do from there," Koroki said, helping to lift the hatchling onto Age's back. "Did you see all her eyes?!" Jett exclaimed, eyes wide with excitement. "It's so cool! Do you think she's magic? How do you think she sees things? Can she be my friend?" Age chuckled at the prince's string of questions. "Oh, now you're interested in what I have to say?" She teased. "Yeah!" Jett exclaimed. "Why would I want to learn about dead dragons when there are much better things to learn about?" Age felt as though she had been stung. Those [i]dead dragons[/i] were his family, and he didn't seem to care! He was only a child, but if he was going to be king, he would have to know about his family's history and why it was so important. Maybe she really was starting this too young. She looked over at Koraki, wondering if he felt the same way, but the corven was only beaming at the hopping wildclaw hatchling with pride. It was then that Age began to wonder, what really made someone a true heir? Was it all blood and birth order? Or was there something more to it? Age shook her head, clearing her thoughts. It was too early to worry about this. Her father was taking care of the clan. Everything would be a lot clearer once Jett came of age. There was no need to make a decision now, and plenty more time for Jett to grow into a fine king. He was, after all, the son of Ivi and Izak. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/21#post_39739424]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars[/center] ----- I can't believe I got so careless. I thought Sebastian would be fine taking one more hit, but I was wrong. I was lulled into a false sense of security. And I had all these plans. He and Scoril were going to hang around in the magic district together for a while and form their own magical group before the others crossed over and discovered it, but nope! He's gone. And I barely had the chance to introduce him. It's super ironic too, because both his and Zunde's theme songs have such a strong focus on being strong and surviving through everything, yet they are the first to go... [b]If anyone wants to claim Sebastian, you have until tomorrow night (Sunday) at midnight FR Time to do so before he is exalted.[/b] Anyways, in other news, with the arrival of Scoril, I've now caught up with all my apparel pulls from the past couple weeks and have no pending dragons, so I can work with what I've got. I still need to get Ulf home...

Day 23: Challenging the Dark
Sea Hare
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?age=0&body=177&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=140&tertgene=4&winggene=1&wings=54&auth=539c3f609695a2569cb1aed3a3206abdbe71fb54&dummyext=prev.png

Scoril was terrified. She squeezed all but two of her eyes shut as she ran through the Tangled Wood, trying to avoid the dragons pursuing her. As the fear grew, so did the arcane energy flowing strong within her. Soon she wasn't going to be able to hold it in anymore, but that wasn't going to stop her from trying.

She felt blind, only being able to see one way, but her multitude of eyes seemed to make her pursuers even angrier. It wasn't her fault that they startled her! It wasn't her fault that she hadn't been able to contain her magic and had killed one of their group. It wasn't her fault that she exploded when she got scared. Scared. Fear. That was all she could think about now. She was going to explode again. She just hoped those pursuing her were far enough away to avoid the blast-

There was a flash of pink energy as all of the elemental magic within her shot out at an alarming speed. She shut all of her eyes, waiting for the worst to be over. It hurt, having it all leave her at once.

The pain faded as the magic stopped. Everything suddenly seemed very quiet. Slowly, she opened her eyes, one by one. She didn't recognize any of her surroundings. Surely she hadn't caused this much damage to the forest around her, and she was sure she would have remembered being so close to such a thorny wall. Plus, she was sure she most certain;y would have remembered the palace stretching high above her.

Had she somehow opened a portal without realizing it? There was still so much about her powers that she didn't understand.

As she got to her feet to explore her new surroundings, she could feel her elemental magic begin to fill up again. It was a never-ending cycle. She would have to find a good release before she exploded again. Thankfully, there was no one around to hurt this time.

Just as Scoril's magic was getting uncomfortably full, she heard a noise behind her.

"Hello there!"
dragon?did=53120790&skin=0&apparel=21845,21843,20833,15270&xt=dressing.png

Scoril spun around to see a pearlcatcher looking down at her, grinning oddly. Opaline pearl gunk remnants stuck to his teeth, though she could see no pearl of his own. He was far too close, and the surprise of his approach was enough to set her off. She screamed as the raw arcane energy one again poured from her eyes, closing them despite the fact she knew that would do nothing.

When she opened her eyes, the pearlcatcher lay in front of her dead. Horror filled Scoril, making her sick to her stomach. She had killed again. Maybe this was her fault. Maybe other dragons were right when they called her a monster.

She was even more surprised as the body began to fade from view, shadows appearing where he had once lay. She let out a small yelp as stepped back, not wanting whatever the shadows were to touch her. As she made a sound, she felt something cold drilling into her, and she could almost swear the shadow was staring at her. But that was ridiculous, shadows couldn't see. Then, just as soon as the shadow had appeared, it disappeared, leaving nothing in its wake. It was as if the pearlcatcher had never been there.

The coldness still remained, making it difficult for Scoril to breathe. It seemed to clutch her heart like talons, and for once she felt her elemental energy drain out of her without her release. Something was taking it. She felt weak in the knees, and her entire body began to shake. She turned and ran towards the castle, burrowing through the thornbushes, not caring if they scratched her. She had to get away from whatever that thing was.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=52876940&skin=0&apparel=27972,27907,27908,27910&xt=dressing.png
dragon?age=0&body=16&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=130&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=137&auth=ad028218ceb2481945dde7b364ece82ca435cd59&dummyext=prev.png
29294.png

Though Jett was still very young, Age had taken it upon herself to begin teaching him about his family history. They were joined by Koraki, the corven beastclan who had arrived at the palace not long after the prince's hatching. The beastclan had refused to leave the Jett's side, and wanted to be of as much assistance as possible. Still, his constant questions made it difficult for Age to teach Jett.

"So, tell me again why this rebellion started?" Koraki asked, tilting his head as he took notes on a long scroll.

"Don't you already know? Weren't you there?" Age asked, growing irritated, but being too polite to say anything.

"No, actually. I was summoned for the job, but I can't remember anything happening before that," Koraki scratched his head. "It's as if my memory's been wiped, or if I was called into existence just when I was needed. The latter, is, of course, impossible, so sleeping in the city so long must have done a number on my brain."

"Hey, where did Jett go?" Age asked, suddenly realizing the prince was no longer with them. The hatchling had a habit of wandering off when he was bored, and unfortunately, Age's lessons seemed to bore him.

"Weren't you supposed to keep an eye on him?" Koraki raised and eyebrow.

Age bit her tongue, feeling a surge of anger towards the bird, but she held it back. Jett couldn't have gone far, and he was likely still in the palace. However, they had been drawing near to the corridors most effected by the curse. Age had been planning to avoid it because she still did not have her lantern back, but she also had a duty to ensure Jett's safety.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped into the corridor, feeling the chill of the curse almost immediately. Koraki followed close behind, holding close his own lantern, but still visibly shivering.

To her relief, they did not have to travel far to find Jett, but that relief was soon replaced. The young wildclaw seemed to be standing over a young skydancer. She was writhing on the ground, vibrant pink eyes flickering open and closed all over her body.

"Age! Look what I found!" Jett exclaimed, pointing to the other hatchling.

"Oh my goodness," Age breathed, then turned to the corven at her side. "Koraki, you have to help me."

Without another word, the beastclan rushed forward to the writhing form of the skydancer and mumbled a few words. She stilled, all her eyes closing, and her breathing calmed.

"I've put her to sleep, that should give us enough time to transport her to the beacon. I think it's the curse that's effecting her so badly. We can work out what to do from there," Koroki said, helping to lift the hatchling onto Age's back.

"Did you see all her eyes?!" Jett exclaimed, eyes wide with excitement. "It's so cool! Do you think she's magic? How do you think she sees things? Can she be my friend?"

Age chuckled at the prince's string of questions. "Oh, now you're interested in what I have to say?" She teased.

"Yeah!" Jett exclaimed. "Why would I want to learn about dead dragons when there are much better things to learn about?"

Age felt as though she had been stung. Those dead dragons were his family, and he didn't seem to care! He was only a child, but if he was going to be king, he would have to know about his family's history and why it was so important. Maybe she really was starting this too young.

She looked over at Koraki, wondering if he felt the same way, but the corven was only beaming at the hopping wildclaw hatchling with pride. It was then that Age began to wonder, what really made someone a true heir? Was it all blood and birth order? Or was there something more to it?

Age shook her head, clearing her thoughts. It was too early to worry about this. Her father was taking care of the clan. Everything would be a lot clearer once Jett came of age. There was no need to make a decision now, and plenty more time for Jett to grow into a fine king. He was, after all, the son of Ivi and Izak.

I can't believe I got so careless. I thought Sebastian would be fine taking one more hit, but I was wrong. I was lulled into a false sense of security. And I had all these plans. He and Scoril were going to hang around in the magic district together for a while and form their own magical group before the others crossed over and discovered it, but nope! He's gone. And I barely had the chance to introduce him.

It's super ironic too, because both his and Zunde's theme songs have such a strong focus on being strong and surviving through everything, yet they are the first to go...

If anyone wants to claim Sebastian, you have until tomorrow night (Sunday) at midnight FR Time to do so before he is exalted.

Anyways, in other news, with the arrival of Scoril, I've now caught up with all my apparel pulls from the past couple weeks and have no pending dragons, so I can work with what I've got. I still need to get Ulf home...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
i'm late again oops

oh man oh boy, if jett has a better claim to the throne than topaz, then i have a feeling some stuff is gonna go down when he gets older.
but if age gets attached to jett and drama happens between him and topaz, i worry how she's going to react.

rip sebastian though, he shall be missed even if we didn't get to know him very well
i'm late again oops

oh man oh boy, if jett has a better claim to the throne than topaz, then i have a feeling some stuff is gonna go down when he gets older.
but if age gets attached to jett and drama happens between him and topaz, i worry how she's going to react.

rip sebastian though, he shall be missed even if we didn't get to know him very well
@Dynami However it goes down, it's sure going to be interesting! There's no way everyone is going to be happy XD But yes, this heir drama is feeding into mt story ideas so well... There's gonna be drama [emoji=bogsneak winking size=1] He had so much potential... I had so many good ideas for him... Now he is nothing more than a wisp in the wind, no major significance to the story. And that is the true tragedy, rip.
@Dynami

However it goes down, it's sure going to be interesting! There's no way everyone is going to be happy XD But yes, this heir drama is feeding into mt story ideas so well... There's gonna be drama

He had so much potential... I had so many good ideas for him... Now he is nothing more than a wisp in the wind, no major significance to the story. And that is the true tragedy, rip.
@Petall

RIP Sebastian DDDD": that magical gang thing would have been so cool! Poor Scoril though, she barely hatched and now you're putting her through all this? >.> hmm
@Petall

RIP Sebastian DDDD": that magical gang thing would have been so cool! Poor Scoril though, she barely hatched and now you're putting her through all this? >.> hmm
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Petall Whoa! I was not expecting Sebastian to croak that quickly. I actually thought he might be some sort of illusion at first, since there was that bit with the shadows taking his body away. RIP, Seb. Here's hoping those shadows take you off to new adventures! I'm genuinely sorry to see him go; it looks like you had a lot of fun plans for him. [emoji=guardian sad size=1] On a lighter note, I'm glad Scoril made it to the lair, and the dynamic between Age, Jett, and Koraki is pretty good. I especially like Koraki being very inquisitive and Age's doubts about Jett. Btw, I'm not too well-versed in Pinkerlockes -- can familiars like Koraki be affected by the rules?
@Petall Whoa! I was not expecting Sebastian to croak that quickly. I actually thought he might be some sort of illusion at first, since there was that bit with the shadows taking his body away. RIP, Seb. Here's hoping those shadows take you off to new adventures! I'm genuinely sorry to see him go; it looks like you had a lot of fun plans for him.

On a lighter note, I'm glad Scoril made it to the lair, and the dynamic between Age, Jett, and Koraki is pretty good. I especially like Koraki being very inquisitive and Age's doubts about Jett. Btw, I'm not too well-versed in Pinkerlockes -- can familiars like Koraki be affected by the rules?
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Awwww, bye Sebastian. Scoril is super interesting though, I can't wait to see more of her!
Awwww, bye Sebastian. Scoril is super interesting though, I can't wait to see more of her!
Scoril is so pretty!! She seems like an exciting character with a lot to tell about herself.

No Sebastian!! Yikes, he didn't even have much of a role in the story yet! Although I feel like that shadowy thing Scoril saw will come back eventually.
Scoril is so pretty!! She seems like an exciting character with a lot to tell about herself.

No Sebastian!! Yikes, he didn't even have much of a role in the story yet! Although I feel like that shadowy thing Scoril saw will come back eventually.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Tirtouga678

I was so excited for the magical gang, Scoril's theme song fit with it so well! Now I'm going to have to find another purpose for her song... If Sebastian hadn't died, poor Scoril wouldn't have so much to go through! I had to revamp my plans entirely for her and Sebastian, plus I had to have a way for someone to know about Sebastian's death, otherwise there would be no purpose to his character at all...

@Disillusionist

I couldn't believe it when it happened. I just let my guard down for a moment... alas, such is the way of pinkerlockes...

There are no official rules for familiars, though I have read pinkerlockes where users have written their own rules for the matter. For mine though, any familiars I write in don't have a chance of dying as a result of pinkerlocke rules, though I may kill them off if I decide the plot demands it, or write them out if their dragon dies and they don't naturally transfer to someone else. It is one of the few parts of the story I have any real control over.

@Sabariel

I am devastated to have lost him... Because of his previous Pinkerlocke connections I was so excited to bring him into mine, it was such a fun crossover...

Scoril is lots of fun to write, and I hope my pulls and coli time allow me plenty of time to develop her as a character!

@Midwinter

Thanks! I'm really excited to bring her in!

Hopefully I can bring something out of his death, and if he died to bring that shadowy thing to the knowledge of another dragon, than that's what I'm going to have to do with it. I really have to learn to just roll with the punches here and not get attached to any particular story or plot thread. I've got to keep my options as open as I can, gotta be prepared.
@Tirtouga678

I was so excited for the magical gang, Scoril's theme song fit with it so well! Now I'm going to have to find another purpose for her song... If Sebastian hadn't died, poor Scoril wouldn't have so much to go through! I had to revamp my plans entirely for her and Sebastian, plus I had to have a way for someone to know about Sebastian's death, otherwise there would be no purpose to his character at all...

@Disillusionist

I couldn't believe it when it happened. I just let my guard down for a moment... alas, such is the way of pinkerlockes...

There are no official rules for familiars, though I have read pinkerlockes where users have written their own rules for the matter. For mine though, any familiars I write in don't have a chance of dying as a result of pinkerlocke rules, though I may kill them off if I decide the plot demands it, or write them out if their dragon dies and they don't naturally transfer to someone else. It is one of the few parts of the story I have any real control over.

@Sabariel

I am devastated to have lost him... Because of his previous Pinkerlocke connections I was so excited to bring him into mine, it was such a fun crossover...

Scoril is lots of fun to write, and I hope my pulls and coli time allow me plenty of time to develop her as a character!

@Midwinter

Thanks! I'm really excited to bring her in!

Hopefully I can bring something out of his death, and if he died to bring that shadowy thing to the knowledge of another dragon, than that's what I'm going to have to do with it. I really have to learn to just roll with the punches here and not get attached to any particular story or plot thread. I've got to keep my options as open as I can, gotta be prepared.
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 141 142