Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 141 142
@Petall Congrats on now (since you have hatched a nest there) making the full move to Shadow! (If you ever feel nostalgic for some Windy babies before you come back, let me know, I'll be glad to give you one/babysit a nest!) You did luck out though, Age will definitely be a stunner of a tundra! Sad about the other babies, but I love how you worked it into the lore... That curse is a tricky thing. I also love how you worked the pull itself into the lore~ Spectral Family Dinner Party! And jeez, Basil, it's not like your decendants were any less destroyed by ambition... as I recall, it took 3 generations from you for your family to start to sour. (It was either D or E, can't remember which.)
@Petall Congrats on now (since you have hatched a nest there) making the full move to Shadow! (If you ever feel nostalgic for some Windy babies before you come back, let me know, I'll be glad to give you one/babysit a nest!) You did luck out though, Age will definitely be a stunner of a tundra! Sad about the other babies, but I love how you worked it into the lore... That curse is a tricky thing. I also love how you worked the pull itself into the lore~ Spectral Family Dinner Party! And jeez, Basil, it's not like your decendants were any less destroyed by ambition... as I recall, it took 3 generations from you for your family to start to sour. (It was either D or E, can't remember which.)
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@Disillusionist

I do love that headcanon of yours so much! And yeah, between the toes is probably what I will have Khepri do!

Me too! I hope I can give them all happy endings one way or another! But unfortunately, I am not as in control of that as I was with Windkeep Tower, as in a Pinkerlocke, the wrong pull could very well cut a character arc short... (I think that's why I find the pinkerlocke format so interesting!)

@AlchemyFox

Thank you! It feels so strange, but also so exciting!!! Thank you for the offer, I'll probably take you up on that one of these apparel pulls that come along!

Thank you! I had so much fun with that dinner party scene! And that is true! The E generation was when things started to take a bad turn! And I was more thinking along the lines with Basil about her still thinking about the impact Banella's leaving had, not just on her and the family, but also Banella further down the line. CleverDual and I have said that if Banella hadn't left and had stayed on as a royal advisor, the dark parts of the royal line would probably have never been allowed to happen. Basil's not trying to be hypocritical, she's more trying to warn Topaz because she's seen the consequences, and there is more to being a ruler than a crown and a palace.
@Disillusionist

I do love that headcanon of yours so much! And yeah, between the toes is probably what I will have Khepri do!

Me too! I hope I can give them all happy endings one way or another! But unfortunately, I am not as in control of that as I was with Windkeep Tower, as in a Pinkerlocke, the wrong pull could very well cut a character arc short... (I think that's why I find the pinkerlocke format so interesting!)

@AlchemyFox

Thank you! It feels so strange, but also so exciting!!! Thank you for the offer, I'll probably take you up on that one of these apparel pulls that come along!

Thank you! I had so much fun with that dinner party scene! And that is true! The E generation was when things started to take a bad turn! And I was more thinking along the lines with Basil about her still thinking about the impact Banella's leaving had, not just on her and the family, but also Banella further down the line. CleverDual and I have said that if Banella hadn't left and had stayed on as a royal advisor, the dark parts of the royal line would probably have never been allowed to happen. Basil's not trying to be hypocritical, she's more trying to warn Topaz because she's seen the consequences, and there is more to being a ruler than a crown and a palace.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/9#post_39480909]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 10: Bad Dreams[/u][/b] [item=Red Maple Leaf] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52717225] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52717225&skin=0&apparel=24245,371,24248&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] About a month had passed since Age's hatching, but the curse's hold on the kingdom remained as tight as ever. In the palace, it was unbearable, no matter where one tried to hide themselves. That's why Zunde had taken to sneaking out more and more. Besides, Khepri made for good company. There always seemed to be some sort of drama going on between those who lived in the palace, and the arrival of his younger sister had only made things worse. It was almost routine now, slipping away from the palace as the sun rose over the darkened sky. In fact, he was now able to time it to meet Khepri at his house in the morning so they could walk over through the old knowledge district to his forge in the market district together. Though the gardens that grew there seemed to be perpetually overgrown and dying, there was something nice about getting outside for a bit. It was his favourite part of the morning. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52650538] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hey bud! Good morning to you!" Khepri called to Zunde as he locked up his house. Of course, locking it up was practically useless as the house itself was damaged, leaving gaping holes in the walls and ceiling, but that hadn't stopped the snapper from making a lock for his door and locking it up every morning. "Hey Khepri! Do you think you're going to get the ring right today?" Zunde responded. "I've put the ring on hold for now, those fine details are still giving me trouble. I've got another project on the go. Besides, I was thinking of taking a little detour on our walk this morning. I was taking an evening stroll last night, dreaming about the good old days, when I discovered something I think you would like." Khepri said, eyes twinkling. "What is it?" Zunde perked up. "It's a surprise. Come on, let's get moving," Khepri said, beginning to walk. Usually, Khepri's slow snapper pace was relaxing, giving the two friends a long time to swap stories. Even if Khepri's tales could be a bit repetitive, Zunde enjoyed learning more about the snapper. He wished there were more dragons around for him to learn from, but Khepri had a wealth of knowledge, provided he could bring himself to move on from the topic of his lost love. In fact, Khepri seemed so excited about his discovery that he hadn't started any of his stories as he led Zunde through the thick plant life. It seemed to take forever to push through the foliage, and Zunde was trying to work out from memory of the view at the top of the palace where they might be going. Finally, the two arrived at a large stone building. It towered above them, bearing the marks of fire but standing firm an untouched. Whatever was inside, it would be protected from the damage. Khepri pulled aside a sheet of ivy and began ramming into the door. "It seems to get a little stuck!" The snapper huffed, moving back to make a run for it. Finally, there was a crack, and the door swung open, spilling what little light was outside into the entryway. Quivering with anticipation, Zunde stepped inside. Khepri followed, blowing a small flame onto a torch to light up the space. As light filled the room, Zunde's jay dropped. In front of him stretched shelves upon shelves of books beyond counting. He had never seen so many books in one place. No, scratch that, he had never seen so many books in his entire life! His mother had taught him to read and write, but he had never imagined a place like this might actually exist. "So you like it?" Khepri asked. "I love it! Oh, I hardly know where to start!" Zunde squeaked, running off the examine the shelves. The library held books of every topic. There were history books and science books and fictional books, books beyond counting! Zunde had a feeling he could find a book on virtually any topic if he only knew where to look. And all of this, preserved, untouched by the ruin around it. He had found his place. Zunde excitedly pulled open the book he carried with him around his waist and began to write. Since learning how to write, he had taken up journalling, and he wanted to preserve this moment forever. "Now, I've got to get to work, that metal won't work itself, but you stay here and explore. Enjoy yourself," Khepri said, grinning. "Are you sure?" Zunde asked. "Kid, from what you've told me about your family, you need a space to yourself. Besides, I can't rest if I want to prove myself worthy of my love's hand," Khepri shrugged. "I'll see you tomorrow?" "Of course!" Zunde grinned, not even able to look at his friend. He was too enamored by his discovery. He could hardly believe it existed, and that right now, it was all his. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Nature-born freak! You'll never be one of us! You'll never be worthy![/i] Ulf growled, burying his face in his thick fur. He had a pounding headache, and the voices just wouldn't go away. [i]Shade-touched! Defiled! You'll never be a good seeker! How can you fight something that already clings to your pelt like a stench! You weren't even born a gaoler! How can you hope to ever be a true one?[/i] Ulf couldn't bear it. He shook his head wildly, hoping it would alleviate either the headache or the voices. Instead, a new voice joined the fray. [i]You know what you deserve. Take what's yours. Restore gaolers to their glory once more! Be the king you were always meant to be![/i] Ulf looked up, but saw no one. He sniffed the air, but no new scent met his nostrils. Who was speaking to him? Was he truly going mad? [i]That skinny coatl deserves nothing, its you with the powerful blood in your veins. Don't let him take what you deserve. You know you can make things right. You know that you alone can separate right from wrong. Complete your mission. Purify the kingdom. Bring it once more to its true glory and you will be everything you want to be. No one will laugh at you for not having the right eyes if they know fear when they see you.[/i] "Who are you!" Ulf growled, feeling a touch silly for talking into empty air. But something about this put him on edge. [i]Dethrone him, before he takes it all and destroys everything in his wake.[/i] Shaking a little, Ulf got to his feet. He had to find Topaz. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] The hoard tower had seen the worst of the fire. It had taken Topaz hours to even get into its depths, but he was certain there was something here he needed. Where else would a royal family keep their most precious artifacts? What was in here now belonged to him, he just had to find it. Everything was covered in ashes, it was hard to even see the colour in anything. Suddenly, there was a rumble beneath his feet, and the floor began to give way. Topaz was caught off guard, and was only just able to spread his wings to slow his fall before tumbling down to the level below. Stones and dust rained down on him. He hardly dared to move as everything settled. That was when he saw it, thrown on its side but otherwise undamaged. A crown. [center][item=shady crown][/center] As he reached down to gingerly pick it up and brush off the ash and dust, he could swear he heard a voice. [i]Take it, it's yours.[/i] Topaz needed no further invitation. He slipped the crown on his head. Now he was truly king. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]You are nothing. You will never be anything. Abandoned by your parents, no place to call home. You seek out forgotten places because that's what you are: forgotten. You belong here, you will never be anything more than this.[/i] Larkin's head was pounding as the words filled her head. They weren't from her, she knew that much. She began whispering mantras to herself, comforts from her time at the orphanage. If she could only remind herself of the truth. [i]You think Topaz thinks you're special? You're nothing but a tool to him! He'll dump you the first chance he has no use for you. In fact, he already cares more for your daughter than he does for you. Even if you were to be his queen, he would always overshadow you. Why do you even like him? These feelings you have will bring you nothing but ruin and despair.[/i] "SHUT UP!" Larkin roared, unable to take any more. These voices had been whispering to her for weeks, driving her up the wall. She couldn't do this anymore. She had thought this would be a fun adventure, but so far it had brought her nothing but ruin and despair. It was time to go, she decided. She would take Age and Zunde and leave. And maybe, if she was lucky, she could find her other two lost hatchlings and bring them home, wherever home would be. [i]That's right, run. And soon you will be forgotten even by everyone here. No matter where you run, you will always be nothing.[/i] ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/10#post_39534517]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider[/center] ----- So, things are getting a little darker, the curse is really setting in. I figured it was time to raise the stakes a little, because everything was starting to feel like it was settling down and reaching almost a lull. It was time to push things a little further and shake them up! All I could think while writing this chapter was [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rZymGaHrx4]Bad Dreams by Faouzia[/url]. It seems like a fitting song for the pinkerlocke as a whole!

Day 10: Bad Dreams
Red Maple Leaf
Sentence: Writing

About a month had passed since Age's hatching, but the curse's hold on the kingdom remained as tight as ever. In the palace, it was unbearable, no matter where one tried to hide themselves. That's why Zunde had taken to sneaking out more and more. Besides, Khepri made for good company. There always seemed to be some sort of drama going on between those who lived in the palace, and the arrival of his younger sister had only made things worse.

It was almost routine now, slipping away from the palace as the sun rose over the darkened sky. In fact, he was now able to time it to meet Khepri at his house in the morning so they could walk over through the old knowledge district to his forge in the market district together. Though the gardens that grew there seemed to be perpetually overgrown and dying, there was something nice about getting outside for a bit. It was his favourite part of the morning.

"Hey bud! Good morning to you!" Khepri called to Zunde as he locked up his house. Of course, locking it up was practically useless as the house itself was damaged, leaving gaping holes in the walls and ceiling, but that hadn't stopped the snapper from making a lock for his door and locking it up every morning.

"Hey Khepri! Do you think you're going to get the ring right today?" Zunde responded.

"I've put the ring on hold for now, those fine details are still giving me trouble. I've got another project on the go. Besides, I was thinking of taking a little detour on our walk this morning. I was taking an evening stroll last night, dreaming about the good old days, when I discovered something I think you would like." Khepri said, eyes twinkling.

"What is it?" Zunde perked up.

"It's a surprise. Come on, let's get moving," Khepri said, beginning to walk.

Usually, Khepri's slow snapper pace was relaxing, giving the two friends a long time to swap stories. Even if Khepri's tales could be a bit repetitive, Zunde enjoyed learning more about the snapper. He wished there were more dragons around for him to learn from, but Khepri had a wealth of knowledge, provided he could bring himself to move on from the topic of his lost love.

In fact, Khepri seemed so excited about his discovery that he hadn't started any of his stories as he led Zunde through the thick plant life. It seemed to take forever to push through the foliage, and Zunde was trying to work out from memory of the view at the top of the palace where they might be going.

Finally, the two arrived at a large stone building. It towered above them, bearing the marks of fire but standing firm an untouched. Whatever was inside, it would be protected from the damage.

Khepri pulled aside a sheet of ivy and began ramming into the door.

"It seems to get a little stuck!" The snapper huffed, moving back to make a run for it.

Finally, there was a crack, and the door swung open, spilling what little light was outside into the entryway. Quivering with anticipation, Zunde stepped inside. Khepri followed, blowing a small flame onto a torch to light up the space.

As light filled the room, Zunde's jay dropped. In front of him stretched shelves upon shelves of books beyond counting. He had never seen so many books in one place. No, scratch that, he had never seen so many books in his entire life! His mother had taught him to read and write, but he had never imagined a place like this might actually exist.

"So you like it?" Khepri asked.

"I love it! Oh, I hardly know where to start!" Zunde squeaked, running off the examine the shelves.

The library held books of every topic. There were history books and science books and fictional books, books beyond counting! Zunde had a feeling he could find a book on virtually any topic if he only knew where to look. And all of this, preserved, untouched by the ruin around it.

He had found his place.

Zunde excitedly pulled open the book he carried with him around his waist and began to write. Since learning how to write, he had taken up journalling, and he wanted to preserve this moment forever.

"Now, I've got to get to work, that metal won't work itself, but you stay here and explore. Enjoy yourself," Khepri said, grinning.

"Are you sure?" Zunde asked.

"Kid, from what you've told me about your family, you need a space to yourself. Besides, I can't rest if I want to prove myself worthy of my love's hand," Khepri shrugged. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course!" Zunde grinned, not even able to look at his friend. He was too enamored by his discovery. He could hardly believe it existed, and that right now, it was all his.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

Nature-born freak! You'll never be one of us! You'll never be worthy!

Ulf growled, burying his face in his thick fur. He had a pounding headache, and the voices just wouldn't go away.

Shade-touched! Defiled! You'll never be a good seeker! How can you fight something that already clings to your pelt like a stench! You weren't even born a gaoler! How can you hope to ever be a true one?

Ulf couldn't bear it. He shook his head wildly, hoping it would alleviate either the headache or the voices. Instead, a new voice joined the fray.

You know what you deserve. Take what's yours. Restore gaolers to their glory once more! Be the king you were always meant to be!

Ulf looked up, but saw no one. He sniffed the air, but no new scent met his nostrils. Who was speaking to him? Was he truly going mad?

That skinny coatl deserves nothing, its you with the powerful blood in your veins. Don't let him take what you deserve. You know you can make things right. You know that you alone can separate right from wrong. Complete your mission. Purify the kingdom. Bring it once more to its true glory and you will be everything you want to be. No one will laugh at you for not having the right eyes if they know fear when they see you.

"Who are you!" Ulf growled, feeling a touch silly for talking into empty air. But something about this put him on edge.

Dethrone him, before he takes it all and destroys everything in his wake.

Shaking a little, Ulf got to his feet. He had to find Topaz.

The hoard tower had seen the worst of the fire. It had taken Topaz hours to even get into its depths, but he was certain there was something here he needed. Where else would a royal family keep their most precious artifacts? What was in here now belonged to him, he just had to find it.

Everything was covered in ashes, it was hard to even see the colour in anything.

Suddenly, there was a rumble beneath his feet, and the floor began to give way. Topaz was caught off guard, and was only just able to spread his wings to slow his fall before tumbling down to the level below. Stones and dust rained down on him. He hardly dared to move as everything settled. That was when he saw it, thrown on its side but otherwise undamaged. A crown.
Shady Crown

As he reached down to gingerly pick it up and brush off the ash and dust, he could swear he heard a voice.

Take it, it's yours.

Topaz needed no further invitation. He slipped the crown on his head. Now he was truly king.

You are nothing. You will never be anything. Abandoned by your parents, no place to call home. You seek out forgotten places because that's what you are: forgotten. You belong here, you will never be anything more than this.

Larkin's head was pounding as the words filled her head. They weren't from her, she knew that much. She began whispering mantras to herself, comforts from her time at the orphanage. If she could only remind herself of the truth.

You think Topaz thinks you're special? You're nothing but a tool to him! He'll dump you the first chance he has no use for you. In fact, he already cares more for your daughter than he does for you. Even if you were to be his queen, he would always overshadow you. Why do you even like him? These feelings you have will bring you nothing but ruin and despair.

"SHUT UP!" Larkin roared, unable to take any more. These voices had been whispering to her for weeks, driving her up the wall.

She couldn't do this anymore. She had thought this would be a fun adventure, but so far it had brought her nothing but ruin and despair.

It was time to go, she decided. She would take Age and Zunde and leave. And maybe, if she was lucky, she could find her other two lost hatchlings and bring them home, wherever home would be.

That's right, run. And soon you will be forgotten even by everyone here. No matter where you run, you will always be nothing.

So, things are getting a little darker, the curse is really setting in. I figured it was time to raise the stakes a little, because everything was starting to feel like it was settling down and reaching almost a lull. It was time to push things a little further and shake them up!

All I could think while writing this chapter was Bad Dreams by Faouzia. It seems like a fitting song for the pinkerlocke as a whole!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall @Disillusionist
I recently decided one of my Snappers makes tea for a "business" run by one of my fandragons and had the same dilemma re: hands. I decided that maybe Snappers are the breed with the most fine-tuned magic - they don't have the most power, but they have the most control. From there, they can use their magic to act as their hands. I averted the issue in my own Pinkerlocke because Uncertain had a monkey familiar - so having the familiar do things could also be an option, but probably not for Khepri.
@Petall @Disillusionist
I recently decided one of my Snappers makes tea for a "business" run by one of my fandragons and had the same dilemma re: hands. I decided that maybe Snappers are the breed with the most fine-tuned magic - they don't have the most power, but they have the most control. From there, they can use their magic to act as their hands. I averted the issue in my own Pinkerlocke because Uncertain had a monkey familiar - so having the familiar do things could also be an option, but probably not for Khepri.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

That's a great way to handle the situation! I had never thought about the relationship between Monkey and Uncertain that way! Gosh, I don't know why snapper 'hands' have never occurred to me but now I'm going to be thinking about this for a long time! Perhaps I should give this more thought and see if I can decide on something that also works retroactively in my lore. (I haven't had too many significant lore snappers, and even less that I've written about: Chronos and Susan from one of my past pinkerlockes being two of the main ones, and Maggie in my main clan being another).

Yeah, I just checked and Khepri's familiar doesn't have any hands either!
@Leopardmask

That's a great way to handle the situation! I had never thought about the relationship between Monkey and Uncertain that way! Gosh, I don't know why snapper 'hands' have never occurred to me but now I'm going to be thinking about this for a long time! Perhaps I should give this more thought and see if I can decide on something that also works retroactively in my lore. (I haven't had too many significant lore snappers, and even less that I've written about: Chronos and Susan from one of my past pinkerlockes being two of the main ones, and Maggie in my main clan being another).

Yeah, I just checked and Khepri's familiar doesn't have any hands either!
@Petall Honestly, I only have one snapper, so I haven't really thought about their lack of hands either... but I think I always assumed it played out like this... [img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HeartyBleakAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif[/img] Since they are a nomadic race, I always assumed that most Snappers live a simple, natural existence, compared to other dragons. They don't have much in the way of possessions that need the use of hands, and they don't write things down since they remember it all anyway (Tomo is an exception.) So instead of hands... they use their mouths for delicate things (I feel their jaw pressure is like a golden retrievers. Technically they can bite down very hard, but they can also carry eggs.), and they use their legs for digging out temporary shelter. I mean, it's canon that they don't sleep often, and they only really stop traveling to molt. Since Khepri is a crafts-dragon, though, I can see where this headcanon might be a bit difficult.
@Petall

Honestly, I only have one snapper, so I haven't really thought about their lack of hands either... but I think I always assumed it played out like this... HeartyBleakAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

Since they are a nomadic race, I always assumed that most Snappers live a simple, natural existence, compared to other dragons. They don't have much in the way of possessions that need the use of hands, and they don't write things down since they remember it all anyway (Tomo is an exception.) So instead of hands... they use their mouths for delicate things (I feel their jaw pressure is like a golden retrievers. Technically they can bite down very hard, but they can also carry eggs.), and they use their legs for digging out temporary shelter. I mean, it's canon that they don't sleep often, and they only really stop traveling to molt. Since Khepri is a crafts-dragon, though, I can see where this headcanon might be a bit difficult.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchemyFox

Oooo that gif is great!!!

That's a wonderful headcanon! Very well thought out too! I think that's the closest to the way I imagine it. Now that I've given it some more thought, I do think the toe beans have some maneuverability, but are only really useful for powerful motions. Fine details and gentle maneuvers are difficult. I think if they want a little more control, they can use their mouths, but that makes it difficult to see what their doing and there are some thing (i.e. hot tools) you just don't want in your mouth.

For Khepri, I imagine as a blacksmith he specializes in larger, sturdier objects. In the blacksmith guild/company he worked for before, I think different breeds and dragons had different skills and talents, and it was through them working together that they were able to craft as well as they were. Khepri is good at the heavy duty stuff, and because he's a fire dragon, he can actually use his feet to stomp the metal into shape without getting burned. That's why crafting the ring is such an ambitious task. That sort of job is best left to dragons like coatls or faes, with smaller, more defined range of motion.

@Leopardmask @Disillusionist

(Pinging you both because I've finally figured out my snapper 'hands' headcanon and you've both contributed greatly to the discussion! I've been having a lot of fun with this, I love hearing about different peoples headcanons for making site lore work!)
@AlchemyFox

Oooo that gif is great!!!

That's a wonderful headcanon! Very well thought out too! I think that's the closest to the way I imagine it. Now that I've given it some more thought, I do think the toe beans have some maneuverability, but are only really useful for powerful motions. Fine details and gentle maneuvers are difficult. I think if they want a little more control, they can use their mouths, but that makes it difficult to see what their doing and there are some thing (i.e. hot tools) you just don't want in your mouth.

For Khepri, I imagine as a blacksmith he specializes in larger, sturdier objects. In the blacksmith guild/company he worked for before, I think different breeds and dragons had different skills and talents, and it was through them working together that they were able to craft as well as they were. Khepri is good at the heavy duty stuff, and because he's a fire dragon, he can actually use his feet to stomp the metal into shape without getting burned. That's why crafting the ring is such an ambitious task. That sort of job is best left to dragons like coatls or faes, with smaller, more defined range of motion.

@Leopardmask @Disillusionist

(Pinging you both because I've finally figured out my snapper 'hands' headcanon and you've both contributed greatly to the discussion! I've been having a lot of fun with this, I love hearing about different peoples headcanons for making site lore work!)
@Petall For some reason, I'm getting strong Hagrid vibes from Khepri. xD I guess it's because they're both big, bluff guys with big hearts. I also had to lol at Zunde being able to learn more from him, "provided he could bring himself to move on from the topic of his lost love."

Also, gosh, I could relate so hard to Zunde when he found the library. Those places are just~ *chef kiss*

Unfortunately, it looks like the place is getting to Ulf and the others. Crazy-exorcist Ulf would definitely be a force to contend with, kingdom or none. And Larkin is soooo, sooooo confused. D:

@Leopardmask I ran into a similar dilemma with one of my Snappers: as the Beastclan Ambassador, he has to handle paperwork, which is tricky without any hands. I solved this by having his mate's familiar (a harpy) help him out, but that still left me with other Snappers who were artists and engineers. The TK seemed like fun, so I went with that one. xD

@AlchemyFox I also seriously considered having them use their mouths, but yep, as you pointed out, that doesn't work for all cases, such as tiny/delicate items.

@/Petall That's a pretty good solution! Having them being relegated to heavy duty work aligns pretty well with Khepri's job. Maybe he could also make machines that he can operate by stomping, like stuff with pressure plates? Step on this plate to turn the ring, step on this other plate to begin etching designs, etc.
@Petall For some reason, I'm getting strong Hagrid vibes from Khepri. xD I guess it's because they're both big, bluff guys with big hearts. I also had to lol at Zunde being able to learn more from him, "provided he could bring himself to move on from the topic of his lost love."

Also, gosh, I could relate so hard to Zunde when he found the library. Those places are just~ *chef kiss*

Unfortunately, it looks like the place is getting to Ulf and the others. Crazy-exorcist Ulf would definitely be a force to contend with, kingdom or none. And Larkin is soooo, sooooo confused. D:

@Leopardmask I ran into a similar dilemma with one of my Snappers: as the Beastclan Ambassador, he has to handle paperwork, which is tricky without any hands. I solved this by having his mate's familiar (a harpy) help him out, but that still left me with other Snappers who were artists and engineers. The TK seemed like fun, so I went with that one. xD

@AlchemyFox I also seriously considered having them use their mouths, but yep, as you pointed out, that doesn't work for all cases, such as tiny/delicate items.

@/Petall That's a pretty good solution! Having them being relegated to heavy duty work aligns pretty well with Khepri's job. Maybe he could also make machines that he can operate by stomping, like stuff with pressure plates? Step on this plate to turn the ring, step on this other plate to begin etching designs, etc.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Aw, Hagrid! It's such a compliment to hear that, Hagrid's such a sweet character!

Libraries are always amazing. Speaking of which, I need to make a trip to one soon, I have a hold to pick up!

OOooo machines are a fantastic idea! He hasn't had the time to set anything up like that at the moment, but maybe in the future...
@Disillusionist

Aw, Hagrid! It's such a compliment to hear that, Hagrid's such a sweet character!

Libraries are always amazing. Speaking of which, I need to make a trip to one soon, I have a hold to pick up!

OOooo machines are a fantastic idea! He hasn't had the time to set anything up like that at the moment, but maybe in the future...
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/10#post_39490525]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 11: Let There Be Light[/u][/b] [item=berserker][item=Heart Rose] Sentence: Death Streak Roll, 10-20 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52650538] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,26559,12927,13792,13808,13776,13848,440&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Zunde didn’t come to see Khepri the next morning. The snapper supposed he must be busy in the library. Not that it mattered. Khepri felt too awful to leave his moth-eaten bed. He must have come down with some terrible disease. Coldness gripped him like talons. Everything felt dark. All of a sudden, there was a flash of blinding light. It streamed through the broken glass of the window. Then, as soon as it had appeared, it was gone and Khepri was left with the freezing darkness. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=16492,18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] With snarling jaws, the gaoler met the coatl in battle. Topaz was only just able to slip out of the way of his powerful jaws. Ulf’s talons caught his tail though, gouging deep wounds and causing the coatl to let out a screech. “You don’t deserve that crown,” Ulf spat. Topaz spun around, regaining his composure and glared at the gaoler. “Are you challenging me?” Topaz asked, circling the larger dragon. His crown sat secure on his head. “Someone has to do it, before you repeat the mistakes of your father. I heard of the destruction he caused when he took over Windkeep Tower,” Ulf snarled. “If you know about me father, than you would know that he knew better than to leave me undefended,” Topaz hissed. He waved a hand, and a strong wind picked up in the throne room. His hand shook as it intensified, whipping through Ulf’s thick fur until the gaoler’s feet left the ground. Ulf’s green eyes widened, making his horizontal pupils appear all the more bizarre and unnatural. A grin crossed Topaz’s face. The coatl seemed unfazed by the strong winds buffeting his feathers, tearing some of them from his hide and sweeping them up in the whirlwind. “I may not have been my father’s favourite, or as magically gifted as my sister, but I was his heir and he taught me how to protect myself and assert my authority,” Topaz purred, “Besides, have you seen the state of this place?” The coatl laughed. “How can I destroy what’s already in ruin? We’ve hit rock-bottom, the only way to go is up!” Ulf didn’t respond, just glared at Topaz unblinkingly. The coatl was unperturbed. “If you don’t like it, you’re welcome to leave, but I’m the king now and you will accept that if you know what’s good for you,” Topaz’s eyes flashed. “I know how much you mean to Larkin, I would hate to have to bring you any harm, but I must protect what’s mine.” “Yes, your Majesty,” Ulf conceded, bowing his head. He may not like it, but it appeared Topaz was too powerful to stop. And he had a point. This place was a dump, the only thing to protect were the innocent dragons caught up in the curse. What did he care what Topaz did? Sure, he’d keep a close eye out, but there was no need to act until he was going to do any real harm. “Thank you,” Topaz said, suddenly lowering his hand and stopping the wind, causing the gaoler to come crashing down to the floor in an undignified heap. Ulf got to his feet, meeting Topaz’s eyes for a second. Something flashed in Topaz’s eyes, as if he understood that Ulf was backing down of his own free will, and not in true submission. The coatl didn’t press. Suddenly, a flash of light streamed through the window for a second, blinding the two dragons within momentarily. Ulf, unbalanced, fell back to the floor, while Topaz stood strong and face the light head-on. It was only there for a moment, and then it was gone. “What in the Shadowbinder’s great goop was that?” Topaz hissed, glaring at Ulf as if he were somehow responsible. “Beats me, but that’s your problem as king to sort out. After all, this is your kingdom,” Ulf shrugged, getting to his feet and dusting off his hide. He turned and left, leaving Topaz alone. If he wanted to be king, it was time he learned what such leadership entailed. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52876940] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=146&bodygene=13&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=172&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=5&auth=4da5086f145111dc00c11a8119fd0b3a5a08fbb9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52717225] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52717225&skin=0&apparel=24245,371,24248&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Mama?” Age asked. “Yes, darling?” Larkin asked. The small tundra was trailing after her mother and older brother as they journeyed towards the outskirts of the city. They had been traveling all night, and hadn’t seemed to find a way out yet. “Why isn’t Daddy here?” The hatchling asked, sounding concerned. This wasn’t the first time she had asked this question. “Because, your father has other things to do,” Larkin explained. “But doesn’t he love us anymore?” Age asked. “He loves you very much,” Larkin reassured her daughter, turning to scoop her up on her back, nuzzling her on the way. “It’s just we have a new home to go to, somewhere nice and safe, where no one will be sick anymore.” “But why isn’t Daddy coming?” Age asked, growing more distressed. “Because this is an adventure!” Zunde said, swooping into the rescue and pausing to tickle his younger sister’s nose. Age giggled. “Do you remember all the stories I’ve read you about the great heroes?” Age nodded. “When they went on their journeys, they always had to leave behind people they loved, but it was okay, because when the adventure was over and they won, they were able to come home and see them again, safe and sound.” Age seemed content with this answer. She curled into the warmth of her mother’s fur and began to drift off to sleep. “Thank you,” Larkin whispered to Zunde. “I honestly don’t know what to tell her. I’ll tell her everything when she’s older of course, but she’s so young, and I don’t want to upset her.” “You’re doing what you think is right, Mom, that’s what counts,” Zunde purred. He shivered. “This is a dark place, I’ll be glad to be rid of it. Even if I will miss that library.” “Sornieth has plenty more libraries, trust me. More than you can possibly imagine,” Larkin told him. “I know, and I’m excited. Truly, I am. I just can’t help but wonder what secrets that particular library holds. I mean, it’s so old and big and it’s been closed off to the world for so long!” Zunde exclaimed. “Do you regret leaving?” Larkin asked suddenly, doubt clouding her face. “No! Of course not!” Zunde exclaimed, responding very quickly. He looked away, and didn’t say anything more. Larkin wondered, now for the first time, if she was making the right choice. But she had to protect her family from the curse, didn’t she? She glanced at the lantern swinging in her hand. They would all be safe, but what about everyone they were leaving behind? Suddenly, there was a flash of light. Larkin covered her eyes and instinctively flared her wings to shield her sleeping child. Zunde hissed shying away from the epicentre of the flash. Then the light faded, and in its wake stood a coatl and two imperial hatchlings. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52073681] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=55&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=5&winggene=11&wings=132&auth=c700c2fa434ab594a6febd48844393a962ddb621&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950388] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=38&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=02a6abe4b7b85f8dfdd089b23503f50c24e85f0b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52950390] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=78&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=134&tertgene=17&winggene=20&wings=32&auth=69baca34e665cc231aea935b4bd8d43e46c124b6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Okay, what have you two done now?” The coatl hissed in exasperation. “Nothing!” The first of the hatchlings said, blinking innocently up at the newcomer. “Of course! What could two innocent children do?” The second said, a frown appearing on her face. “I know you stole something from me, now give it back!” The coatl hissed. “And I know the damage you caused to the monument.” “We were just curious!” The first hatchling piped up. “And hungry!” The second whined. “Mama?” Larkin could feel Age shifting awake at the sound of the new voices. The coatl turned and caught sight of the travelers, relief filling his eyes. “Oh thank goodness! These two are driving me up the wall! Here, take them!” The coatl looked over his shoulder wild-eyed, scooped up the imperial hatchlings, and handed them to Larkin. The tundra had no choice but to take them. “Wait! You can’t just leave me with-” Larkin called out, but it was too late. The coatl had already slipped away. “Hi! I’m Heaven! And this is my sister Neveah!” The first imperial piped up, apparently unbothered by being dropped so unceremoniously into the hands of another dragon. “Where are you parents?” Larkin asked, thoughts racing. She already had enough on her hands with Age and Zunde without having to keep two others safe. But if they were truly alone, Larkin wasn’t one to turn them away. “I dunno,” Heaven shrugged. “They were boring, so we left,” Neveah explained. Larkin sighed and looked into their eyes. Light-born. They were quite far from home. It looked like their traveling party had grown. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51066578] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=97&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=13&auth=4de8bdd6faab99f4f38e4e8f20d04b7d57faf9d5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Hey, did you see that light?” Suddenly, another coatl appeared from behind a pile of rubble. He was very pale in colouration, and stood out in the darkness of the ruins. Suddenly, his eyes caught sight of the two light-born hatchlings and his eyes filled with understanding. “Ah, I see. Perhaps you should all come with me. I’m staying in a house not far from here.” Larkin was too tired to argue. Traveling all night had taken a toll on her. Perhaps some rest could do her some good. And if this dragon knew something about these strange twins, she was more than happy to hear it. It looked as though leaving was going to be harder than she thought. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/11#post_39547849]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider[/center] ----- Sorry for the lack of chapter yesterday! Apparently, being an extrovert means that spending too much time alone drains you and decreases your motivation and creative energy! Who knew? Anyways, I got some quality social interaction but that meant there wasn't time to write the chapter, so I combined it with today's pull! Everyone survived the death streak, thank goodness for health potions! There were quite a few close calls... Today I got to introduce the two hatchlings CleverDual bred for me for my two apparel pulls this past week! These two are really going to shake things up, I already know they are going to be lots of fun to write! They got some pretty interesting songs with pretty interesting implications... Also, this chapter has two NPCs! Shoutout to Dynami, who's coatl, Essovius, made it to my clan as a traveling dragon and sound how got tangled up with Heaven and Neveah! Also! Brightshine! The skin and accent names are so good, it makes it so easy to carry on the tradition of using them for chapter names during updates!

Day 11: Let There Be Light
Berserker Heart Rose
Sentence: Death Streak Roll, 10-20 Coli Battles

Zunde didn’t come to see Khepri the next morning. The snapper supposed he must be busy in the library.

Not that it mattered. Khepri felt too awful to leave his moth-eaten bed. He must have come down with some terrible disease. Coldness gripped him like talons. Everything felt dark.

All of a sudden, there was a flash of blinding light. It streamed through the broken glass of the window. Then, as soon as it had appeared, it was gone and Khepri was left with the freezing darkness.

With snarling jaws, the gaoler met the coatl in battle. Topaz was only just able to slip out of the way of his powerful jaws. Ulf’s talons caught his tail though, gouging deep wounds and causing the coatl to let out a screech.

“You don’t deserve that crown,” Ulf spat. Topaz spun around, regaining his composure and glared at the gaoler.

“Are you challenging me?” Topaz asked, circling the larger dragon. His crown sat secure on his head.

“Someone has to do it, before you repeat the mistakes of your father. I heard of the destruction he caused when he took over Windkeep Tower,” Ulf snarled.

“If you know about me father, than you would know that he knew better than to leave me undefended,” Topaz hissed. He waved a hand, and a strong wind picked up in the throne room. His hand shook as it intensified, whipping through Ulf’s thick fur until the gaoler’s feet left the ground.

Ulf’s green eyes widened, making his horizontal pupils appear all the more bizarre and unnatural. A grin crossed Topaz’s face. The coatl seemed unfazed by the strong winds buffeting his feathers, tearing some of them from his hide and sweeping them up in the whirlwind.

“I may not have been my father’s favourite, or as magically gifted as my sister, but I was his heir and he taught me how to protect myself and assert my authority,” Topaz purred, “Besides, have you seen the state of this place?” The coatl laughed. “How can I destroy what’s already in ruin? We’ve hit rock-bottom, the only way to go is up!”

Ulf didn’t respond, just glared at Topaz unblinkingly. The coatl was unperturbed.

“If you don’t like it, you’re welcome to leave, but I’m the king now and you will accept that if you know what’s good for you,” Topaz’s eyes flashed. “I know how much you mean to Larkin, I would hate to have to bring you any harm, but I must protect what’s mine.”

“Yes, your Majesty,” Ulf conceded, bowing his head. He may not like it, but it appeared Topaz was too powerful to stop. And he had a point. This place was a dump, the only thing to protect were the innocent dragons caught up in the curse. What did he care what Topaz did? Sure, he’d keep a close eye out, but there was no need to act until he was going to do any real harm.

“Thank you,” Topaz said, suddenly lowering his hand and stopping the wind, causing the gaoler to come crashing down to the floor in an undignified heap.

Ulf got to his feet, meeting Topaz’s eyes for a second. Something flashed in Topaz’s eyes, as if he understood that Ulf was backing down of his own free will, and not in true submission. The coatl didn’t press.

Suddenly, a flash of light streamed through the window for a second, blinding the two dragons within momentarily. Ulf, unbalanced, fell back to the floor, while Topaz stood strong and face the light head-on. It was only there for a moment, and then it was gone.

“What in the Shadowbinder’s great goop was that?” Topaz hissed, glaring at Ulf as if he were somehow responsible.

“Beats me, but that’s your problem as king to sort out. After all, this is your kingdom,” Ulf shrugged, getting to his feet and dusting off his hide. He turned and left, leaving Topaz alone. If he wanted to be king, it was time he learned what such leadership entailed.

“Mama?” Age asked.

“Yes, darling?” Larkin asked. The small tundra was trailing after her mother and older brother as they journeyed towards the outskirts of the city. They had been traveling all night, and hadn’t seemed to find a way out yet.

“Why isn’t Daddy here?” The hatchling asked, sounding concerned. This wasn’t the first time she had asked this question.

“Because, your father has other things to do,” Larkin explained.

“But doesn’t he love us anymore?” Age asked.

“He loves you very much,” Larkin reassured her daughter, turning to scoop her up on her back, nuzzling her on the way. “It’s just we have a new home to go to, somewhere nice and safe, where no one will be sick anymore.”

“But why isn’t Daddy coming?” Age asked, growing more distressed.

“Because this is an adventure!” Zunde said, swooping into the rescue and pausing to tickle his younger sister’s nose. Age giggled. “Do you remember all the stories I’ve read you about the great heroes?” Age nodded. “When they went on their journeys, they always had to leave behind people they loved, but it was okay, because when the adventure was over and they won, they were able to come home and see them again, safe and sound.”

Age seemed content with this answer. She curled into the warmth of her mother’s fur and began to drift off to sleep.

“Thank you,” Larkin whispered to Zunde. “I honestly don’t know what to tell her. I’ll tell her everything when she’s older of course, but she’s so young, and I don’t want to upset her.”

“You’re doing what you think is right, Mom, that’s what counts,” Zunde purred. He shivered. “This is a dark place, I’ll be glad to be rid of it. Even if I will miss that library.”

“Sornieth has plenty more libraries, trust me. More than you can possibly imagine,” Larkin told him.

“I know, and I’m excited. Truly, I am. I just can’t help but wonder what secrets that particular library holds. I mean, it’s so old and big and it’s been closed off to the world for so long!” Zunde exclaimed.

“Do you regret leaving?” Larkin asked suddenly, doubt clouding her face.

“No! Of course not!” Zunde exclaimed, responding very quickly. He looked away, and didn’t say anything more.

Larkin wondered, now for the first time, if she was making the right choice. But she had to protect her family from the curse, didn’t she? She glanced at the lantern swinging in her hand. They would all be safe, but what about everyone they were leaving behind?

Suddenly, there was a flash of light. Larkin covered her eyes and instinctively flared her wings to shield her sleeping child. Zunde hissed shying away from the epicentre of the flash. Then the light faded, and in its wake stood a coatl and two imperial hatchlings.

“Okay, what have you two done now?” The coatl hissed in exasperation.

“Nothing!” The first of the hatchlings said, blinking innocently up at the newcomer.

“Of course! What could two innocent children do?” The second said, a frown appearing on her face.

“I know you stole something from me, now give it back!” The coatl hissed. “And I know the damage you caused to the monument.”

“We were just curious!” The first hatchling piped up.

“And hungry!” The second whined.

“Mama?” Larkin could feel Age shifting awake at the sound of the new voices. The coatl turned and caught sight of the travelers, relief filling his eyes.

“Oh thank goodness! These two are driving me up the wall! Here, take them!” The coatl looked over his shoulder wild-eyed, scooped up the imperial hatchlings, and handed them to Larkin. The tundra had no choice but to take them.

“Wait! You can’t just leave me with-” Larkin called out, but it was too late. The coatl had already slipped away.

“Hi! I’m Heaven! And this is my sister Neveah!” The first imperial piped up, apparently unbothered by being dropped so unceremoniously into the hands of another dragon.

“Where are you parents?” Larkin asked, thoughts racing. She already had enough on her hands with Age and Zunde without having to keep two others safe. But if they were truly alone, Larkin wasn’t one to turn them away.

“I dunno,” Heaven shrugged.

“They were boring, so we left,” Neveah explained.

Larkin sighed and looked into their eyes. Light-born. They were quite far from home. It looked like their traveling party had grown.

“Hey, did you see that light?” Suddenly, another coatl appeared from behind a pile of rubble. He was very pale in colouration, and stood out in the darkness of the ruins. Suddenly, his eyes caught sight of the two light-born hatchlings and his eyes filled with understanding. “Ah, I see. Perhaps you should all come with me. I’m staying in a house not far from here.”

Larkin was too tired to argue. Traveling all night had taken a toll on her. Perhaps some rest could do her some good. And if this dragon knew something about these strange twins, she was more than happy to hear it.

It looked as though leaving was going to be harder than she thought.

Sorry for the lack of chapter yesterday! Apparently, being an extrovert means that spending too much time alone drains you and decreases your motivation and creative energy! Who knew? Anyways, I got some quality social interaction but that meant there wasn't time to write the chapter, so I combined it with today's pull! Everyone survived the death streak, thank goodness for health potions! There were quite a few close calls...

Today I got to introduce the two hatchlings CleverDual bred for me for my two apparel pulls this past week! These two are really going to shake things up, I already know they are going to be lots of fun to write! They got some pretty interesting songs with pretty interesting implications...

Also, this chapter has two NPCs! Shoutout to Dynami, who's coatl, Essovius, made it to my clan as a traveling dragon and sound how got tangled up with Heaven and Neveah!

Also! Brightshine! The skin and accent names are so good, it makes it so easy to carry on the tradition of using them for chapter names during updates!
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 141 142