Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Assimilation: 100 Hatchling Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6
@DeathPhoenix there aren't currently any slots open, sorry!

@VeniVidiVici sending them your way! Thank you!
@DeathPhoenix there aren't currently any slots open, sorry!

@VeniVidiVici sending them your way! Thank you!
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
Right now im feeling the memes

ASSIMILATOR: has more than one egg

AstralDragons: [surprised pikachu face]
Right now im feeling the memes

ASSIMILATOR: has more than one egg

AstralDragons: [surprised pikachu face]
Please click on eggs and hatchlings!
@StarDustSerpent you are so correct that it hurts. Getting wegged is just my life at this point LMAO
@StarDustSerpent you are so correct that it hurts. Getting wegged is just my life at this point LMAO
@AstralDragons Could Sia be added to the waitlist? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53185941] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/531860/53185941_350.png[/img] [/url]
@AstralDragons
Could Sia be added to the waitlist?

53185941_350.png

Please click on eggs and hatchlings!
@AstralDragons May I please be added to the pinglist? Your dude makes some cute kids!!
@AstralDragons May I please be added to the pinglist? Your dude makes some cute kids!!
2371080.png 2733889.png
@StarDustSerpent hello, apologies for the wait! Since Sia was exalted, I can’t add her to the list, but did you want to submit another dragon for the waitlist? I feel bad for leaving you hanging for so long ^^;;

@Nitch added!! There’ll be a new update soon!
@StarDustSerpent hello, apologies for the wait! Since Sia was exalted, I can’t add her to the list, but did you want to submit another dragon for the waitlist? I feel bad for leaving you hanging for so long ^^;;

@Nitch added!! There’ll be a new update soon!
[center]@AstralDragons I'm not really sure, but are you still looking for victims right now (since there's an open slot)? I could offer Nyx: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47950962] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/479510/47950962_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@AstralDragons

I'm not really sure, but are you still looking for victims right now (since there's an open slot)? I could offer Nyx:

47950962_350.png
zKbDqwS.gif
@Rosesinger @companionwolf @Dragonaxew @VeniVidiVici @Pufferheart @LittleMoons @RedSiren @TheDeinoNychus @sirspiderider @softlysnails @bfkitsune @LilyDragonQueen @Sadiegreen @Hawlucha @BlueIsBest @CrystalAngel5 @DeathPhoenix @StarDustSerpent @Nitch [size=5][b]Assimilation #2 (One Hatchling)[/b][/size] The Guardian’s carapace glistens in the moonlight as she slithers through the underbrush, her cold, red eyes set forward. Her mind is not full of her own thoughts-- such as concern over being alone in the dark, or any sort of hunger. No, her thoughts are dictated by an external Consciousness-- and, little does she or her Consciousness realize, she is being watched by a completely different Consciousness, through the eyes of a little Nocturne currently perched in a tree. The Assimilator’s breaths remain even and steady-- although a living, conscious dragon would be more ideal for their goal, a simple drone such as this one would do nicely. They slip from one tree to the next, tailing the drone without alerting her to their presence. The Guardian remains oblivious to the Nocturne behind her, right up until the Assimilator drops from the trees and pounces onto her skull. She immediately snarls, whipping her head around-- although not struggling as much as a dragon with a will to live, her survival instincts have remained at least somewhat intact; after all, a dead drone is a useless one to her Consciousness. The Assimilator clings to her head, attempting to get close enough to spit their assimilation and paralyzing agent down her throat, but the Guardian’s guiding Consciousness is too smart for that. No, she keeps her mouth firmly shut, instead electing to slam her skull against a nearby tree. The Assimilator screeches as their carapace cracks from the blow, blue blood seeping from their damaged shell. They tumble like a stone from the Guardian’s head, collapsing in a crumpled heap on the ground-- their fragile wings are bent at odd angles, rendered completely useless. Instead of crying out in pain as a sentient dragon may have been wont to do, the Assimilator stills. Their cyan eyes stare straight ahead-- for all intents and purposes, the dragon [i]should[/i] be dead. The Guardian huffs a rough exhale, her nostrils flaring. And then she makes one last, fatal mistake. She leans in closer to get a better look at her would-be assailant, eyes narrowing. This dragon had been from another Hive, and for one Consciousness to send a Hive member after another was to wage war. Before the drone can react, the broken Nocturne is lunging at her face, following behind a spray of bright-blue liquid. It hits her in the face and blinds her, and the Assimilator is close behind. The Guardian roars and throws her head from side to side, but it’s already too late-- the blue fluid is mixing within her bloodstream and slowing her down. The Nocturne makes short work of shoving more of the fluid down her throat, and within mere minutes, the Guardian has collapsed on the ground, completely paralyzed. From there, the Assimilator finally allows themself to slide off the Guardian’s head and crumple back onto the ground in a messy pile. Although they had successfully injected the Guardian with their fluid, they had received serious wounds in the struggle-- likely enough to be fatal for a dragon of a similar build. But the Assimilator has a mission to carry out. They aren’t just some simple, sentient dragon-- they are the ultimate tool of their new, young Hive, and their Consciousness won’t let them perish that easily. As the fluid within the Guardian drone makes quick work of changing her internal structures-- rapidly forming an egg within her and keeping her paralyzed-- the Nocturne is going through a change of their own, too. A thin film forms over their cyan eyes, their blue blood hardening and even crystallizing over their body. Although they seem quite dead, the occasional slathering of their own fluid over their body proves otherwise. A week passes. The Guardian drone is heavily pregnant, her eyes still gazing ahead lifelessly-- yet still, her heart beats. The Assimilator is encased in a cocoon of blue and black, shimmering like the carapace of a beetle. At the end of the second week, it finally happens: the Assimilator’s cocoon cracks and crumples-- new, whole, unbroken wings emerge from the shell, and much bigger talons claw at the cocoon to release the new creature within. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51948141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519482/51948141_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The Nocturne form had been useful enough at first, but this new form-- the form of a Guardian like their most recent victim-- could perhaps be even more so-- after all, a small creature such as a Nocturne had difficulty with forcing other dragons’ mouths open (particularly larger species), but with the strength of a Guardian… now [i]that[/i] would do quite nicely. The newly-formed Guardian is coated in a blue slime as they emerge from the cocoon, and they immediately set to licking it off-- seeming almost [i]bored[/i] as they keep an eye on the drone before them. However, they soon stop as the drone’s muscles begin to spasm. Her head moves just a few inches, a low growl forming in her throat-- but the Assimilator’s attention remains focused on her lower half. Contractions wrack the Guardian’s midsection and a single, robin-blue egg finally slides free. Not wasting any time-- after all, the drone was certainly regaining her capability of movement and she wasn’t exactly in a [i]delighted[/i] demeanor after being subdued for two weeks, unable to follow even the most basic of commands from her Consciousness. The Assimilator snatches up the egg in their claws. Although disappointing that this drone had only been able to produce a single egg, there were other victims to be had… and if the Assimilator had to infect hundreds of dragons to get a good number of Hive members, so be it. When the drone finally regains full mobility, the Assimilator-- and her egg-- are long gone. --- The egg hatches soon after. A tiny Guardian bursts free from her egg, her black carapace shining in the moonlight… but more importantly, traces of electricity glow from within. Much like her mother, the newly-hatched creature’s markings form a skeletal pattern along her carapace, but unlike her mother, this new being is [i]surging[/i] with energy. Her cyan eyes meet the similarly-eyed Assimilator standing before her: her father. And just as soon as they make eye contact, the little Guardian turns on her heel and walks away, their shared Consciousness whispering in her head. She had been made to serve, after all, and there was much work to do for the growing Hive. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53870955] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/538710/53870955_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] --- Whew, sorry for the extended hiatus there! IRL stuff has been really messed up for a while, but I think I'm finally back and to the point where I can keep this project up and running. So the Assimilator is a Guardian now, too! I decided that, as much as I enjoy my own suffering, speeding up this process a liiiittle more would be to both my own benefit and the benefit of y'all at home. After all, more frequent updates are better, yeah? Also, the newest hatchling (yay for getting wegged lol) will stay up for adoption (10kt/g) until the 22nd at 23:59 FR time! Then I'll probably sell her off for fodder. Her bio is all nice and fancy, and you should totally check it out.~ The next update will come soon!
@Rosesinger @companionwolf @Dragonaxew @VeniVidiVici @Pufferheart @LittleMoons @RedSiren @TheDeinoNychus @sirspiderider @softlysnails @bfkitsune @LilyDragonQueen @Sadiegreen @Hawlucha @BlueIsBest @CrystalAngel5 @DeathPhoenix @StarDustSerpent @Nitch

Assimilation #2 (One Hatchling)

The Guardian’s carapace glistens in the moonlight as she slithers through the underbrush, her cold, red eyes set forward. Her mind is not full of her own thoughts-- such as concern over being alone in the dark, or any sort of hunger. No, her thoughts are dictated by an external Consciousness-- and, little does she or her Consciousness realize, she is being watched by a completely different Consciousness, through the eyes of a little Nocturne currently perched in a tree.

The Assimilator’s breaths remain even and steady-- although a living, conscious dragon would be more ideal for their goal, a simple drone such as this one would do nicely. They slip from one tree to the next, tailing the drone without alerting her to their presence.

The Guardian remains oblivious to the Nocturne behind her, right up until the Assimilator drops from the trees and pounces onto her skull.

She immediately snarls, whipping her head around-- although not struggling as much as a dragon with a will to live, her survival instincts have remained at least somewhat intact; after all, a dead drone is a useless one to her Consciousness.

The Assimilator clings to her head, attempting to get close enough to spit their assimilation and paralyzing agent down her throat, but the Guardian’s guiding Consciousness is too smart for that. No, she keeps her mouth firmly shut, instead electing to slam her skull against a nearby tree.

The Assimilator screeches as their carapace cracks from the blow, blue blood seeping from their damaged shell. They tumble like a stone from the Guardian’s head, collapsing in a crumpled heap on the ground-- their fragile wings are bent at odd angles, rendered completely useless.

Instead of crying out in pain as a sentient dragon may have been wont to do, the Assimilator stills. Their cyan eyes stare straight ahead-- for all intents and purposes, the dragon should be dead.

The Guardian huffs a rough exhale, her nostrils flaring.

And then she makes one last, fatal mistake.

She leans in closer to get a better look at her would-be assailant, eyes narrowing. This dragon had been from another Hive, and for one Consciousness to send a Hive member after another was to wage war.

Before the drone can react, the broken Nocturne is lunging at her face, following behind a spray of bright-blue liquid. It hits her in the face and blinds her, and the Assimilator is close behind. The Guardian roars and throws her head from side to side, but it’s already too late-- the blue fluid is mixing within her bloodstream and slowing her down. The Nocturne makes short work of shoving more of the fluid down her throat, and within mere minutes, the Guardian has collapsed on the ground, completely paralyzed.

From there, the Assimilator finally allows themself to slide off the Guardian’s head and crumple back onto the ground in a messy pile. Although they had successfully injected the Guardian with their fluid, they had received serious wounds in the struggle-- likely enough to be fatal for a dragon of a similar build.

But the Assimilator has a mission to carry out. They aren’t just some simple, sentient dragon-- they are the ultimate tool of their new, young Hive, and their Consciousness won’t let them perish that easily.

As the fluid within the Guardian drone makes quick work of changing her internal structures-- rapidly forming an egg within her and keeping her paralyzed-- the Nocturne is going through a change of their own, too.

A thin film forms over their cyan eyes, their blue blood hardening and even crystallizing over their body. Although they seem quite dead, the occasional slathering of their own fluid over their body proves otherwise.

A week passes. The Guardian drone is heavily pregnant, her eyes still gazing ahead lifelessly-- yet still, her heart beats. The Assimilator is encased in a cocoon of blue and black, shimmering like the carapace of a beetle.

At the end of the second week, it finally happens: the Assimilator’s cocoon cracks and crumples-- new, whole, unbroken wings emerge from the shell, and much bigger talons claw at the cocoon to release the new creature within.

The Nocturne form had been useful enough at first, but this new form-- the form of a Guardian like their most recent victim-- could perhaps be even more so-- after all, a small creature such as a Nocturne had difficulty with forcing other dragons’ mouths open (particularly larger species), but with the strength of a Guardian… now that would do quite nicely.

The newly-formed Guardian is coated in a blue slime as they emerge from the cocoon, and they immediately set to licking it off-- seeming almost bored as they keep an eye on the drone before them.

However, they soon stop as the drone’s muscles begin to spasm. Her head moves just a few inches, a low growl forming in her throat-- but the Assimilator’s attention remains focused on her lower half. Contractions wrack the Guardian’s midsection and a single, robin-blue egg finally slides free.

Not wasting any time-- after all, the drone was certainly regaining her capability of movement and she wasn’t exactly in a delighted demeanor after being subdued for two weeks, unable to follow even the most basic of commands from her Consciousness.

The Assimilator snatches up the egg in their claws. Although disappointing that this drone had only been able to produce a single egg, there were other victims to be had… and if the Assimilator had to infect hundreds of dragons to get a good number of Hive members, so be it.

When the drone finally regains full mobility, the Assimilator-- and her egg-- are long gone.

---

The egg hatches soon after. A tiny Guardian bursts free from her egg, her black carapace shining in the moonlight… but more importantly, traces of electricity glow from within. Much like her mother, the newly-hatched creature’s markings form a skeletal pattern along her carapace, but unlike her mother, this new being is surging with energy.

Her cyan eyes meet the similarly-eyed Assimilator standing before her: her father.

And just as soon as they make eye contact, the little Guardian turns on her heel and walks away, their shared Consciousness whispering in her head.

She had been made to serve, after all, and there was much work to do for the growing Hive.

---

Whew, sorry for the extended hiatus there! IRL stuff has been really messed up for a while, but I think I'm finally back and to the point where I can keep this project up and running.

So the Assimilator is a Guardian now, too! I decided that, as much as I enjoy my own suffering, speeding up this process a liiiittle more would be to both my own benefit and the benefit of y'all at home. After all, more frequent updates are better, yeah?

Also, the newest hatchling (yay for getting wegged lol) will stay up for adoption (10kt/g) until the 22nd at 23:59 FR time! Then I'll probably sell her off for fodder. Her bio is all nice and fancy, and you should totally check it out.~

The next update will come soon!
@AstralDragons
I'll buy her! Making it my mission to buy atleast one kiddo from all the nests :3
Also I'm loving the lore!
@AstralDragons
I'll buy her! Making it my mission to buy atleast one kiddo from all the nests :3
Also I'm loving the lore!
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
@LuneLight sorry for the wait! Nyx has been added to the victim waitlist.

@@VeniVidiVici thank you so much!! I'll send her your way!
@LuneLight sorry for the wait! Nyx has been added to the victim waitlist.

@@VeniVidiVici thank you so much!! I'll send her your way!
1 2 3 4 5 6