Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Whimsical Windows 2019
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45
Lore:
While dragons have many individual ways of demonstrating their affection, a common relationship-starter in my clan is collaborating on a project with someone. The reasoning goes, if you can't work together with someone short-term for a common goal, you're not going to work together long-term as friends, partners or parents! When it comes to gifts, long-lasting, materially useful things are favoured -- telescope for the scout, new books for the librarian, glasses for the nearsighted. Plain currency is the preprinted holiday card of gifts -- not rude, but a little personalization goes a long way.
Lore:
While dragons have many individual ways of demonstrating their affection, a common relationship-starter in my clan is collaborating on a project with someone. The reasoning goes, if you can't work together with someone short-term for a common goal, you're not going to work together long-term as friends, partners or parents! When it comes to gifts, long-lasting, materially useful things are favoured -- telescope for the scout, new books for the librarian, glasses for the nearsighted. Plain currency is the preprinted holiday card of gifts -- not rude, but a little personalization goes a long way.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
Lore/Discussion Question
In the Clan of Ivy, most relationships, both platonic and romantic, begin around the Wanderer's Oasis. The Oasis is located at the very center of the clan and the ivy covered clearing surrounding it has grown into the clan's common area, where most day-to-day social interaction occurs. Due to the importance of the Wanderer's Oasis to the social lives of the clan, a tradition of presenting ivy vines as a way to propose to a future life-long mate began to develop. If the dragon takes a vine presented to them, thus agreeing to the proposal, it is customary for both dragons to have another dragon (usually Lady Natura) bind one of their forelegs together with the vine. A few words are then spoken and the binding comes undone. This tying of ivy is said to be a representation of loyalty to one's mate, clan, and flight. No one is entirely sure where the tradition sprung from, though it was most likely started by Lady Natura at the clan's conception.

Lore/Discussion Question
In the Clan of Ivy, most relationships, both platonic and romantic, begin around the Wanderer's Oasis. The Oasis is located at the very center of the clan and the ivy covered clearing surrounding it has grown into the clan's common area, where most day-to-day social interaction occurs. Due to the importance of the Wanderer's Oasis to the social lives of the clan, a tradition of presenting ivy vines as a way to propose to a future life-long mate began to develop. If the dragon takes a vine presented to them, thus agreeing to the proposal, it is customary for both dragons to have another dragon (usually Lady Natura) bind one of their forelegs together with the vine. A few words are then spoken and the binding comes undone. This tying of ivy is said to be a representation of loyalty to one's mate, clan, and flight. No one is entirely sure where the tradition sprung from, though it was most likely started by Lady Natura at the clan's conception.

ONZG2xX.png
Art Sales

Lore Shop

Art Trades
I have entered a picture of a honeybee in Monday's Roz's Rose Garden for today's badge. I entered a scry of a cantaloupe dragon in Sunday's Scrying Challenge. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=101&bodygene=0&breed=9&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=80&auth=64affc6f517904590e577babd6fcc850e4ce37f1&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I have entered a picture of a honeybee in Monday's Roz's Rose Garden for today's badge.

I entered a scry of a cantaloupe dragon in Sunday's Scrying Challenge.

dragon?age=1&body=101&bodygene=0&breed=9&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=44&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=80&auth=64affc6f517904590e577babd6fcc850e4ce37f1&dummyext=prev.png
bR6NXdJ2_o.pnga snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its rightInk wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.wo7deo1a_o.png
I entered the Rose Garden today and found some insects! over here!
I entered the Rose Garden today and found some insects! over here!
WISHLIST: here and here!
DRAGONS FOR SALE: here!
Entered Roz's Rose Garden, here!
Entered Roz's Rose Garden, here!
DSEHBxF.png
Posting Progress: Entered Roz's Rose Garden
Posting Progress: Entered Roz's Rose Garden
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
Sent in my daily pic to Roz!
Sent in my daily pic to Roz!
YsUBlZc.png
Discussion question:

Gift-giving is a major tradition in Scatterspark Outpost. Dragons might show appreciation to their friends with little trinkets or curiosities, while tokens of love for romantic interest tend to be more personal or extravagant. Useful things are preferred, such as tools, mechanical parts, or food. It's considered thoughtful to give someone a gift they can use in their work, or one the giver crafted themself.
Discussion question:

Gift-giving is a major tradition in Scatterspark Outpost. Dragons might show appreciation to their friends with little trinkets or curiosities, while tokens of love for romantic interest tend to be more personal or extravagant. Useful things are preferred, such as tools, mechanical parts, or food. It's considered thoughtful to give someone a gift they can use in their work, or one the giver crafted themself.
event-sig-small-4.png
Today's I've [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2685314/11#post_39086729]participated[/url] in Roz's Rose Garden. [emoji=rose size=1]
Today's I've participated in Roz's Rose Garden.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
For Sunday: to earn the previous day's day, i entered the Scrying Challenge here:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2682624/28#post_39083964
For Sunday: to earn the previous day's day, i entered the Scrying Challenge here:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2682624/28#post_39083964
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45