Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Dress Up Contest (Closed)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29
Ooh! I often visit farms to go berry picking! I love baking so it’s a great way to stock up on berries and it’s a fun family activity. My family and can spend a solid 3 hours picking... we may or may not be a little bit obsessed, it’s kinda addicting... [emoji=spiral tongue size=1]
Ooh! I often visit farms to go berry picking! I love baking so it’s a great way to stock up on berries and it’s a fun family activity. My family and can spend a solid 3 hours picking... we may or may not be a little bit obsessed, it’s kinda addicting...
@onemessyperson Username: HauntedCrow Category: Farmer Fashionista Link to Dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49868613] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498687/49868613_350.png[/img] [/url] Lore or other information (optional): Here's my boy ready for a hard days work on the farm. He's ready to harvest all the crops and put them in his carry bag to sell at his local market. I go to a local farm quiet often, they have a market at the start of each month where they sell all their produce. They also have sheep shearing and cow milking demonstrations in the afternoon. I enjoy the tractor and carriage rides with a clydesdale and always go on each of them when I visit.

@onemessyperson

Username: HauntedCrow

Category: Farmer Fashionista

Link to Dragon:

49868613_350.png

Lore or other information (optional): Here's my boy ready for a hard days work on the farm. He's ready to harvest all the crops and put them in his carry bag to sell at his local market.

I go to a local farm quiet often, they have a market at the start of each month where they sell all their produce. They also have sheep shearing and cow milking demonstrations in the afternoon. I enjoy the tractor and carriage rides with a clydesdale and always go on each of them when I visit.

6aZZi2c.png
@onemessyperson Username: Vhyxalas Category: Farm Fashionista Link to Dragon: [outfit=807382] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43703169] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/437032/43703169_350.png[/img] [/url] Modeled by my darling cactus farmer Saguaro! I feel like snappers are the perfect succulent farmers since they're typically very patient lol. Chose some light, practical clothes to keep the sun from being a bother, and work is always better shared with a friend Lore or other information (optional): I've been to a few farms before but I want to talk about the most interesting one I've ever seen: the world's only conch farm. This was in Turks and Caicos (the Caribbean) when I visited several years ago. Conch is a fairly rare delicacy in most places, and lots of species are endangered in the wild, but on T&C it's an incredibly popular food. We got to take a tour of where they raise the conchs from tiny shells into big huge (and tasty) adults. During my visit we also got an extra special attraction: they had recently rescued several juvenile sea turtles and were keeping them in one of the conch pools until they were a little bit larger and could be rereleased. Sadly it appears that the Conch Farm has closed down recently, mostly due to damage from hurricanes and lack of income. I feel a little more lucky to have gotten to visit. I don't have any of the pictures we took on hand, but there's some [url=https://localadventurer.com/turks-and-caicos-conch-farm/]touristy blog that has a lot of decent pictures of the place.[/url]
@onemessyperson

Username: Vhyxalas

Category: Farm Fashionista

Link to Dragon:
Farm Fashionista

43703169_350.png

Modeled by my darling cactus farmer Saguaro! I feel like snappers are the perfect succulent farmers since they're typically very patient lol. Chose some light, practical clothes to keep the sun from being a bother, and work is always better shared with a friend

Lore or other information (optional): I've been to a few farms before but I want to talk about the most interesting one I've ever seen: the world's only conch farm. This was in Turks and Caicos (the Caribbean) when I visited several years ago. Conch is a fairly rare delicacy in most places, and lots of species are endangered in the wild, but on T&C it's an incredibly popular food. We got to take a tour of where they raise the conchs from tiny shells into big huge (and tasty) adults. During my visit we also got an extra special attraction: they had recently rescued several juvenile sea turtles and were keeping them in one of the conch pools until they were a little bit larger and could be rereleased.

Sadly it appears that the Conch Farm has closed down recently, mostly due to damage from hurricanes and lack of income. I feel a little more lucky to have gotten to visit. I don't have any of the pictures we took on hand, but there's some touristy blog that has a lot of decent pictures of the place.

KVbkgOZ.png
Since I didn't see anything about having to use multiple dragons for the contest, Tybalt will be elated at the chance to participate in more fashion contests. He might even let his apprentice get in on the action too!

@onemessyperson

Username: SashaFiredrake

Category: Farmer fasionista

outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon: You can check Tybalt out here

Lore or other information (optional): "Well, I really did not mean for things to get so spiky, but its just so hard to find things in that color range. And really its for the best, when you're farming out here in the Plaguelands, its important to have some protection when everything - crops included - is trying to kill you. But as for the basics - sun protection, some sort of bag or pocket, gloves - those are a must everywhere." -Tybalt

Today's prompt:
The only farm I've ever been to is my neighbor's. They have a flower farm right next door! They grow other things too, but just for personal use, like amaranth and cactus.

edit: are we allowed to post the rest of the outfits now? I made them all.
Since I didn't see anything about having to use multiple dragons for the contest, Tybalt will be elated at the chance to participate in more fashion contests. He might even let his apprentice get in on the action too!

@onemessyperson

Category: Farmer fasionista

outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon: You can check Tybalt out here

Lore or other information (optional): "Well, I really did not mean for things to get so spiky, but its just so hard to find things in that color range. And really its for the best, when you're farming out here in the Plaguelands, its important to have some protection when everything - crops included - is trying to kill you. But as for the basics - sun protection, some sort of bag or pocket, gloves - those are a must everywhere." -Tybalt

Today's prompt:
The only farm I've ever been to is my neighbor's. They have a flower farm right next door! They grow other things too, but just for personal use, like amaranth and cactus.

edit: are we allowed to post the rest of the outfits now? I made them all.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@onemessyperson Here’s the rest of the outfits!

Category: date night

outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon: well, its not really on a dragon, but here's the one who designed it?

Lore or other information (optional): "Honestly, I couldn't tell you what my inspiration was here. Maybe its a bit Renaissance-y? I mostly just wanted to use some clothes that I usually wouldn't." - Black Hawk

Category: Inspired by flora and fauna

Outfit:
amaranth

Link to Dragon: here

Lore or other information; This one is Amaranth inspired! I'm very proud of it. You won't find Amaranth on most farms in the US, but it's grown a lot in India and my neighbors have it on their little farm next door. Its not exactly flowery, and looks more like the flower in his mouth than the ones on his body, but it is rather bushy and usually purplish or red.

"I'm rather proud of this one, I think I look fabulous in it! Flowers generally aren't my thing, but they worked great for this! and can we just take a moment to appreciate how well the citrine jewelry matches those gems on the plumes?' -Tybalt

Category: fashions for all seasons

Outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon:
Clicky!

Lore or other information (optional): "Isn't he just the most lovely model? I figured since he was a Tundra, he wouldn't need the warm clothes another dragon would in winter, since he has such a gorgeous natural coat. I do wish those thorns layered a bit better though... but I needed something to add interest up in the torso and shoulder area and the winter wind is just a bit too blue." -Tybalt

Category: When the farmer gets fancy

Outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon: X

Lore or other information (optional): "I started just by heavily modding Tybalt's main drag outfit, but then it... evolved. Maybe I'll wear this to the party we're having for Greenskeeper!" -Black Hawk
@onemessyperson Here’s the rest of the outfits!

Category: date night

outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon: well, its not really on a dragon, but here's the one who designed it?

Lore or other information (optional): "Honestly, I couldn't tell you what my inspiration was here. Maybe its a bit Renaissance-y? I mostly just wanted to use some clothes that I usually wouldn't." - Black Hawk

Category: Inspired by flora and fauna

Outfit:
amaranth

Link to Dragon: here

Lore or other information; This one is Amaranth inspired! I'm very proud of it. You won't find Amaranth on most farms in the US, but it's grown a lot in India and my neighbors have it on their little farm next door. Its not exactly flowery, and looks more like the flower in his mouth than the ones on his body, but it is rather bushy and usually purplish or red.

"I'm rather proud of this one, I think I look fabulous in it! Flowers generally aren't my thing, but they worked great for this! and can we just take a moment to appreciate how well the citrine jewelry matches those gems on the plumes?' -Tybalt

Category: fashions for all seasons

Outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon:
Clicky!

Lore or other information (optional): "Isn't he just the most lovely model? I figured since he was a Tundra, he wouldn't need the warm clothes another dragon would in winter, since he has such a gorgeous natural coat. I do wish those thorns layered a bit better though... but I needed something to add interest up in the torso and shoulder area and the winter wind is just a bit too blue." -Tybalt

Category: When the farmer gets fancy

Outfit:
Not Found

Link to Dragon: X

Lore or other information (optional): "I started just by heavily modding Tybalt's main drag outfit, but then it... evolved. Maybe I'll wear this to the party we're having for Greenskeeper!" -Black Hawk
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@Fletcher @Layali @VientoVino @wingworm @MoonlitCacti @HauntedCrow @Vhyxalas
@SashaFiredrake @Gremliin @BlackRayser @Slugoon @DarkWolf133 @LadyRenee @LadyOfTheSkies @cordifolium @TroubleinSevens @bellzan @Rosie1450 @KnightYumi @tigressRising @Watercolour @ofendlessstars @Juxta13 @tranquilitea
@MandragoraAutumn @NicoleEirin @VioletWhirlwind

I'd make a very poor farmer indeed seeing as how I slept in and had a very late start to the day. All of your entries made for great reading over coffee though and thank you all very much for your entries. All of the responses have been logged up to this post. I very much enjoyed reading the anecdotes and looking at the cute pictures provided as well as learning new things because who knew that there was an aquaponics farm at Epcot!
@Fletcher @Layali @VientoVino @wingworm @MoonlitCacti @HauntedCrow @Vhyxalas
@SashaFiredrake @Gremliin @BlackRayser @Slugoon @DarkWolf133 @LadyRenee @LadyOfTheSkies @cordifolium @TroubleinSevens @bellzan @Rosie1450 @KnightYumi @tigressRising @Watercolour @ofendlessstars @Juxta13 @tranquilitea
@MandragoraAutumn @NicoleEirin @VioletWhirlwind

I'd make a very poor farmer indeed seeing as how I slept in and had a very late start to the day. All of your entries made for great reading over coffee though and thank you all very much for your entries. All of the responses have been logged up to this post. I very much enjoyed reading the anecdotes and looking at the cute pictures provided as well as learning new things because who knew that there was an aquaponics farm at Epcot!
@onemessyperson For now I'll do the prompt. I'll do the outfit later!

Username: SprinklesTheCat

Prompt:

When I was a small child my class went on a field trip to a farm. We got to walk around with one of the farmers and look at the animals. We got to see sheep and these little pigs. There were so many sheep. I also remember seeing a big brown horse. The farmer even showed us how to milk a cow. After that, we got these little cartons of milk. It was a pretty good trip overall. It was kind of hot though. I think they might of sheared the some of the sheep too.
@onemessyperson For now I'll do the prompt. I'll do the outfit later!

Username: SprinklesTheCat

Prompt:

When I was a small child my class went on a field trip to a farm. We got to walk around with one of the farmers and look at the animals. We got to see sheep and these little pigs. There were so many sheep. I also remember seeing a big brown horse. The farmer even showed us how to milk a cow. After that, we got these little cartons of milk. It was a pretty good trip overall. It was kind of hot though. I think they might of sheared the some of the sheep too.
2lwv2f.gif Invisible Spacing text to push tree image to the right..
Sprinkles|They/Them|HoO/PJO lover|Starkid obsessed|Wishlist
@SprinklesTheCat

It was nice of them to give out little bottle of milk for the kids ^^ You entry has been logged as will any other entry that will come in before rollover. Drawing for today's prizes will be done as soon as rollover is done. Good luck all!
@SprinklesTheCat

It was nice of them to give out little bottle of milk for the kids ^^ You entry has been logged as will any other entry that will come in before rollover. Drawing for today's prizes will be done as soon as rollover is done. Good luck all!
@onemessyperson

Daily Prompt - Day 1:

I haven't really been to a farm, at least... not that i can remember. Do animal sanctuaries count? :c I've been to a really beautiful butterfly one, years ago, and it was wondrous.

Oh... i think i did visit a banana farm around the same time too o.o And we drove around on a separate tractors (since it was a family vacation). It was a little bumpy, but... we took a tour around the crops and i believe there was some taste tasting and a lot of information about the harvests and different types of bananas they grew.
@onemessyperson

Daily Prompt - Day 1:

I haven't really been to a farm, at least... not that i can remember. Do animal sanctuaries count? :c I've been to a really beautiful butterfly one, years ago, and it was wondrous.

Oh... i think i did visit a banana farm around the same time too o.o And we drove around on a separate tractors (since it was a family vacation). It was a little bumpy, but... we took a tour around the crops and i believe there was some taste tasting and a lot of information about the harvests and different types of bananas they grew.
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
[center][b]Prompt of the day - Sunday[/b][/center] When I was little I remember that I got to visit a dairy farm (maybe they had other animals as well, but I don't remember that all too well). I don't remember a lot from what we saw since it's probably over 20 years ago, but I do remember that they let us milk one of the cows. It was fun! [emoji=tundra happy size=1]
Prompt of the day - Sunday

When I was little I remember that I got to visit a dairy farm (maybe they had other animals as well, but I don't remember that all too well). I don't remember a lot from what we saw since it's probably over 20 years ago, but I do remember that they let us milk one of the cows. It was fun!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29