Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Dress Up Contest (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
@onemessyperson Username: cordifolium Category: Inspired by flora and fauna Link to Dragon: http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/787254 [outfit=787254] Lore or other information (optional): Inspired by the Sea Holly: white, blue and spikey [img]https://media.plantsnap.com/images/2018/11/15/4530408460205302/queen-of-the-alps-eryngium-alpinum.jpg[/img] I thought that the hoary scale armor would be a good match for the spikey-ness as it protects the plant! (and the clasps on the wing-armor is spikey as well!)
@onemessyperson

Username: cordifolium

Category: Inspired by flora and fauna

Link to Dragon:
http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/787254
Siran2

Lore or other information (optional):
Inspired by the Sea Holly: white, blue and spikey
queen-of-the-alps-eryngium-alpinum.jpg
I thought that the hoary scale armor would be a good match for the spikey-ness as it protects the plant! (and the clasps on the wing-armor is spikey as well!)
underskrift-geo.png
@onemessyperson

DAILY PROMPT:

I live in a very rural area full of farmed fields of soybeans, hay, sorgum, and corn. We even have several orchards gracing our ridgetops! The nearest farm is owned by family friends, and it's self-sustaining and feeds the extended family They grown hay to feed their cows and goats, which give them meat and milk, and they also grow vegetables. They've even tried chickens, turkeys and guineas.

Down the road is a farm that mostly grows hay and straw. My son helps out there a lot and gets to drive a 1946 Farmall tractor, which he loves. But I have the fondest memories of a farm from childhood where we used to go for fresh (unpasteurized) milk every week, and another owned my my mom's childhood friend where I first road horses bareback. :)
@onemessyperson

DAILY PROMPT:

I live in a very rural area full of farmed fields of soybeans, hay, sorgum, and corn. We even have several orchards gracing our ridgetops! The nearest farm is owned by family friends, and it's self-sustaining and feeds the extended family They grown hay to feed their cows and goats, which give them meat and milk, and they also grow vegetables. They've even tried chickens, turkeys and guineas.

Down the road is a farm that mostly grows hay and straw. My son helps out there a lot and gets to drive a 1946 Farmall tractor, which he loves. But I have the fondest memories of a farm from childhood where we used to go for fresh (unpasteurized) milk every week, and another owned my my mom's childhood friend where I first road horses bareback. :)
lGriifT.png
@onemessyperson

Username: jbapple

Category: Farmer Fashionista

Link to Dragon: Link to dragon (note: actual outfit is as shown in widget, I might dress the actual dragon differently soon)

GG day 1 Farmer

Study pants and shirts are important but dirt will inevitably get everywhere and turn it all brown..

Daily Prompt: My favorite farm memory as a kid is when a bunch of my classmates went to a pick your own apples farm as a group fun activity. IDK if the farmer expected to have a group of highschool kids picking apples but was probably busy with all the super small kids wanting to pick up very big pumpkins
@onemessyperson

Username: jbapple

Link to Dragon: Link to dragon (note: actual outfit is as shown in widget, I might dress the actual dragon differently soon)

GG day 1 Farmer

Study pants and shirts are important but dirt will inevitably get everywhere and turn it all brown..

Daily Prompt: My favorite farm memory as a kid is when a bunch of my classmates went to a pick your own apples farm as a group fun activity. IDK if the farmer expected to have a group of highschool kids picking apples but was probably busy with all the super small kids wanting to pick up very big pumpkins
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=24272290&skin=0&apparel=25057,20567,23584,18785,20548,23722,21849,27135,27139&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=806469] Our clan's resident green thumb, Queen sometimes has a hard time farming in the thunderstruck desert. Not that she can't make things grow, but sometimes the sandstorms get a little in the way ... [rule] The most interesting "farm" I've been to was probably the biological research centre in the city that investigates all kinds of new high-tech ways to grow things. There are these huge pipes on the outside of the building, and the roof is one massive greenhouse.
dragon?did=24272290&skin=0&apparel=25057,20567,23584,18785,20548,23722,21849,27135,27139&xt=dressing.png

Not Found

Our clan's resident green thumb, Queen sometimes has a hard time farming in the thunderstruck desert. Not that she can't make things grow, but sometimes the sandstorms get a little in the way ...

The most interesting "farm" I've been to was probably the biological research centre in the city that investigates all kinds of new high-tech ways to grow things. There are these huge pipes on the outside of the building, and the roof is one massive greenhouse.
dNCLmdm.png
@Whuffie @Crisps @Apfelobst @cordifolium @Stormhawke @jbapple @Kapara

All entries up to this post have been noted and thank you very much such amazing entries! Our judges are sure to have a tough time ahead of them XD

I also enjoyed reading all of your replies to the daily prompt and I have to say that I'm really jealous. As a city boy my fruits, veggies and livestock already come pre-packaged so all of your description of hands-on experiences sound fascinating. Same with the biological research center, the nearest I've come to that was a somewhere that grew spinach using hydroponics.
@Whuffie @Crisps @Apfelobst @cordifolium @Stormhawke @jbapple @Kapara

All entries up to this post have been noted and thank you very much such amazing entries! Our judges are sure to have a tough time ahead of them XD

I also enjoyed reading all of your replies to the daily prompt and I have to say that I'm really jealous. As a city boy my fruits, veggies and livestock already come pre-packaged so all of your description of hands-on experiences sound fascinating. Same with the biological research center, the nearest I've come to that was a somewhere that grew spinach using hydroponics.
@onemessyperson I forgot to mention I had a hydroponic greenhouse, but yeah nothing beats some fresh food, especially fresh eggs, they taste so much better, highly recommend haha
@onemessyperson I forgot to mention I had a hydroponic greenhouse, but yeah nothing beats some fresh food, especially fresh eggs, they taste so much better, highly recommend haha
giveawayglenminibanner.png
It's not hard to be nice-
help pick up what they dropped, hold the door, say hello;
but it could make someone elses day, just that little bit better
Something that seems small and insignificant to you, can mean the world to someone else

Live not for yesterday, nor for tomorrow
Live for today
17JYCdP.gif
@onemessyperson Username: Gremliin Category: Farmer Fashionista Link to Dragon: [center][columns][outfit=806480][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=361564&tab=dragon&did=50195579][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501956/50195579_350.png[/img][/url][/columns][/center] Lore: Dionysus is the God of Wine, or so he is popularly known for. I happen to have a dragon with the same name, and decided to go for this! Wine farms (or well, vineyard, more so!) exist here, so why not have a dragon start one up? Who else will supply the drinks for all those parties Sornieth holds? When you age a wine, you [i]must[/i] store it in a cellar where it's cold, thus the cape Dionysus is wearing! However, when they're in the fields, checking the vast amount of vines, their good old friend Perch is there to spot the bad berries!
@onemessyperson

Username: Gremliin

Link to Dragon:
Wine God's Daily Grind
50195579_350.png

Lore: Dionysus is the God of Wine, or so he is popularly known for. I happen to have a dragon with the same name, and decided to go for this! Wine farms (or well, vineyard, more so!) exist here, so why not have a dragon start one up? Who else will supply the drinks for all those parties Sornieth holds?

When you age a wine, you must store it in a cellar where it's cold, thus the cape Dionysus is wearing! However, when they're in the fields, checking the vast amount of vines, their good old friend Perch is there to spot the bad berries!
5kRkxhJ.pngrO4C7ah.png
@onemessyperson [b]Username:[/b] BlackRayser [b]Category:[/b] Farmer Fashionista [b]Link to Dragon:[/b] [outfit=806494][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39751678&skin=0&apparel=27114,18784,27113,27111,27112,27115,27116,27117,21808,27118,20589&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Lore or other information (optional):[/b] When I was a child, I lived in the countryside with my grandparents. My grandfather used to work in the fields with an outifit of a bright green that I loved so much, it was always patched up by a few patches that my grandmother sewed every time he tore off a piece. In a way, the Viridian Scales set reminds me it a lot [emoji=flowering tree size=1]
@onemessyperson

Username: BlackRayser
Link to Dragon:
Not Found
dragon?did=39751678&skin=0&apparel=27114,18784,27113,27111,27112,27115,27116,27117,21808,27118,20589&xt=dressing.png
When I was a child, I lived in the countryside with my grandparents. My grandfather used to work in the fields with an outifit of a bright green that I loved so much, it was always patched up by a few patches that my grandmother sewed every time he tore off a piece. In a way, the Viridian Scales set reminds me it a lot
ZkrybUr.pngHpFAuE9.png1NdxgnA.pngmszQFLE.pngDShktv0.pnglVtJpxL.pngm2UuQXy.pngFRqIr6K.pngblackrayser_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc058le.gif
FA1PXy5.png
@onemessyperson [b]Username:[/b] Slugoon [b]Category:[/b] Farmer Fashionista [b]Link to Dragon:[/b] [columns] [outfit=806497] [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31343984] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/313440/31343984_350.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [b]Lore or other information (optional):[/b] [color=transparent] filler space[/color][i]Lore:[/i] [color=transparent] filler space[/color][s]Originally I was going to submit Roswell for this but he doesn’t qualify as a Farmer, just a Cowboy.[/s] Lemonade is a lemon farmer. Essentially, as the name implies, he grows lemons and is thus a Farmer. Currently he’s in hibernal as I’m not sure how to write him into my clan, but for the moment he’s just a sleepy and sweet lad who enjoys lemons. [color=transparent] filler space[/color][i]Other Information:[/i] [color=transparent] filler space[/color]My uncle happens to own a farm! He, along with my aunt, are farmers. My grandma used to be one but she’s too old for it now. I used to live with them for a few years (they’re in Europe) my uncle would take me out to his farm with my aunt and cousins. While I don’t remember much, I do remember helping to pick grapes and riding the tractor. When I visited last year I helped them pick cherries. While it’s not much it’s just very close to me, and farm life is the most peaceful thing I’ve experienced- at least in my opinion.
@onemessyperson

Username: Slugoon
Link to Dragon:
Not Found

31343984_350.png
filler spaceLore:
filler spaceOriginally I was going to submit Roswell for this but he doesn’t qualify as a Farmer, just a Cowboy. Lemonade is a lemon farmer. Essentially, as the name implies, he grows lemons and is thus a Farmer. Currently he’s in hibernal as I’m not sure how to write him into my clan, but for the moment he’s just a sleepy and sweet lad who enjoys lemons.
filler spaceOther Information:
filler spaceMy uncle happens to own a farm! He, along with my aunt, are farmers. My grandma used to be one but she’s too old for it now. I used to live with them for a few years (they’re in Europe) my uncle would take me out to his farm with my aunt and cousins. While I don’t remember much, I do remember helping to pick grapes and riding the tractor. When I visited last year I helped them pick cherries. While it’s not much it’s just very close to me, and farm life is the most peaceful thing I’ve experienced- at least in my opinion.
Artemy, He/They, FR+3
Inactive due to medical college and other IRL things
Not Found

I've been to a lot of farms, from crop farms where they grow corn and pumpkins, to bee farms, to blueberry farms, to livestock farms. I myself live on a mini farm! We grow lettuce and raise chickens.
Not Found

I've been to a lot of farms, from crop farms where they grow corn and pumpkins, to bee farms, to blueberry farms, to livestock farms. I myself live on a mini farm! We grow lettuce and raise chickens.
0n0xvdO.pngwind_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipnl9.gifTOd95AF.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29