Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Legacy of War: Quest for Crow
1 2
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2464726][img]https://i.imgur.com/vOxsFyw.png[/img][/url] [i]Credit for the Effluvial Crows subspecies belongs to @Viviwren![/i] [/center] [center][color=#bcbcbc]-----[/color] [center]Hello and welcome to my personal spin on the [b]Legacy of War breeding challenge[/b], started by (as far as I'm aware) user @Dreamnorn! Before I get into the thick of the lore and such for this challenge, here are the rules I'll be following, as stated in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1#post_2044950]Dreamnorn's original thread[/url]:[/center] [quote name="Base Rules"] 1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. [s]6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon![/s] I'll be following the optional rule [b]All From Nothing[/b]! This will be explained further down.[/quote] [quote name="Heir Selection (For Nests With 2+ Eggs)"]Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama. --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... [center][b]~ 2 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]~ 3 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]~ 4 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round! 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]~ 5 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first. 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.[/quote] [quote name="Optional Rules"][b]All from Nothing:[/b] Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed ([s]Coatl[/s] or Wildclaw) and [s]triple gem genes[/s] triple limited genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using The Chosen One optional rule. [b]Cheater, Cheater:[/b] During battle streaks, some of your contenders can play dirty by smuggling in potions! But this doesn't mean that you get to choose who did it or the potency of the potions used. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule: [LIST] [*]You may only use Minor Health Potions. [*]After every battle in a streak, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 through 5, then nothing happens. If the result is 6, then someone uses a potion. [*]The only dragons that are allowed to use potions are those who are prospective heirs (aka: not coaches) and those who haven't fainted (aka: not yet disqualified). Therefore, if a dragon has already fainted in a trio group and you roll for a potion to be used, then that disqualified dragon is not allowed to receive the potion's benefits. [*]When a potion is rolled to be used, roll the six-sided die again. In a trio battle where all dragons still qualify (aka: none have fainted yet), rolling a 1 or 2 gives it to the oldest dragon, a 3 or 4 gives it to the middle dragon, and a 5 or 6 gives it to the youngest dragon. In a duo battle or a trio battle where one dragon is disqualified, rolling 1-3 gives it to the older qualifying dragon and rolling a 4-6 gives it to the younger qualifying dragon. [*]If a coach is being used, roll the six-sided die one more time. Rolling a 1-4 means the coach didn't notice. Rolling the 5-6 means the coach did notice and disqualifies the potion user at once, leaving the dragon that didn't use the potion in that round as your default survivor for the battle (which might make them your heir for that generation, depending on the circumstances!). [/LIST] [b]The Chosen One:[/b] If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them. If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation. [b]Discount Mates:[/b] All mates must be purchased for 10kt (or its gem equivalent) or less throughout the duration of the challenge. ((Because I'm cheap as all hell and I need money for a lair expansion))[/quote] [quote name="My Goal"] A dragon that meets the standards of the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2464726/1]Effluvial Crow subspecies[/url], often revered as one of the Plaguebringer's fiercest warriors. In order to meet these standards, the target dragon must be a [b]Wildclaw[/b] with: Coal [b]Skink[/b] Rust/Garnet [b]Trail[/b] Copper [b]Runes[/b] (In order to make this harder on myself, I'm aiming for the rarest secondary and tert colors an Effluvial Crow can have-- I want to get a powerful Crow out of this challenge!) [/quote] Loads of rules aside, here are the [b]founders[/b]!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51371937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/513720/51371937_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Reapre[/i], a Mirror with the utmost devotion to the savage beauty of the Plaguebringer. Her ultimate desire is to please the Plaguemother by any means necessary. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51541777] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/515418/51541777_350.png[/img] [/url] And her mate, [i]Grim[/i]-- although his loyalty to the Plaguebringer is not as strong as Reapre's, he believes strongly in the law of the wild and in supporting his mate... though how far is he willing to go for love, I wonder?
vOxsFyw.png

Credit for the Effluvial Crows subspecies belongs to @Viviwren!

Hello and welcome to my personal spin on the Legacy of War breeding challenge, started by (as far as I'm aware) user @Dreamnorn! Before I get into the thick of the lore and such for this challenge, here are the rules I'll be following, as stated in Dreamnorn's original thread:

Base Rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon! I'll be following the optional rule All From Nothing! This will be explained further down.

Heir Selection (For Nests With 2+ Eggs) wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...
~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.
~

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.
~

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.
~

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

Optional Rules wrote:
All from Nothing: Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes triple limited genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using The Chosen One optional rule.

Cheater, Cheater: During battle streaks, some of your contenders can play dirty by smuggling in potions! But this doesn't mean that you get to choose who did it or the potency of the potions used. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:
  • You may only use Minor Health Potions.
  • After every battle in a streak, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 1 through 5, then nothing happens. If the result is 6, then someone uses a potion.
  • The only dragons that are allowed to use potions are those who are prospective heirs (aka: not coaches) and those who haven't fainted (aka: not yet disqualified). Therefore, if a dragon has already fainted in a trio group and you roll for a potion to be used, then that disqualified dragon is not allowed to receive the potion's benefits.
  • When a potion is rolled to be used, roll the six-sided die again. In a trio battle where all dragons still qualify (aka: none have fainted yet), rolling a 1 or 2 gives it to the oldest dragon, a 3 or 4 gives it to the middle dragon, and a 5 or 6 gives it to the youngest dragon. In a duo battle or a trio battle where one dragon is disqualified, rolling 1-3 gives it to the older qualifying dragon and rolling a 4-6 gives it to the younger qualifying dragon.
  • If a coach is being used, roll the six-sided die one more time. Rolling a 1-4 means the coach didn't notice. Rolling the 5-6 means the coach did notice and disqualifies the potion user at once, leaving the dragon that didn't use the potion in that round as your default survivor for the battle (which might make them your heir for that generation, depending on the circumstances!).

The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.

If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.

Discount Mates: All mates must be purchased for 10kt (or its gem equivalent) or less throughout the duration of the challenge. ((Because I'm cheap as all hell and I need money for a lair expansion))

My Goal wrote:
A dragon that meets the standards of the Effluvial Crow subspecies, often revered as one of the Plaguebringer's fiercest warriors. In order to meet these standards, the target dragon must be a Wildclaw with:

Coal Skink
Rust/Garnet Trail
Copper Runes (In order to make this harder on myself, I'm aiming for the rarest secondary and tert colors an Effluvial Crow can have-- I want to get a powerful Crow out of this challenge!)

Loads of rules aside, here are the founders!!

51371937_350.png

Reapre, a Mirror with the utmost devotion to the savage beauty of the Plaguebringer. Her ultimate desire is to please the Plaguemother by any means necessary.

51541777_350.png

And her mate, Grim-- although his loyalty to the Plaguebringer is not as strong as Reapre's, he believes strongly in the law of the wild and in supporting his mate... though how far is he willing to go for love, I wonder?
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
[center][size=5][b]The Family Tree[/b][/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2464726][img]https://i.imgur.com/gy7lfx1.png[/img][/url] [size=4][b]Generation 1[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51541777][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/515418/51541777.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51371937][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/513720/51371937.png[/img][/url] [b]Offspring:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52196959][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/521970/52196959.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52196960][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/521970/52196960.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52196961][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/521970/52196961.png[/img][/url] [size=4][b]Generation 2[/b][/size] --- [/center]
The Family Tree

gy7lfx1.png

Generation 1

51541777.png51371937.png

Offspring:

52196959.png52196960.png52196961.png

Generation 2

---
Pinglist
@/Reythaak @/Viviwren @/Rosesinger
Pinglist
@/Reythaak @/Viviwren @/Rosesinger
[center][size=5][b]Beginning of the Legacy[/b][/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2464726][img]https://i.imgur.com/gy7lfx1.png[/img][/url] "Once Upon a Time, in the midst of the Scarred Wastelands... there was a Mirror dragon named Reapre." A distant clap of thunder echoes through the cave, but none of the dragons within seem to be alarmed-- if anything, the lightning storms are a familiar presence, moreso than even the sun itself. "Reapre was born to the Wyrmwound as a sickly little thing. Her mother and father, she'd never met, and her skin was as translucent as a creature of the deep ocean. With some miraculous luck, despite the odds, the little runt of a Mirror hatchling grew into a fearsome beast. She terrorized Beastclans all across the Scarred Wastelands, growing stronger by the day and consuming all in her way. However, she had no purpose, much to her chagrin. She wondered why she fought to survive at all-- what was the point of living without some greater cause? "But then... she saw the visage of carnage Herself. The Plaguebringer, soaring overhead like the shadow of death across the Scarred Wastelands-- a rare sight, one that oft strikes awe, terror, and even madness into the hearts of all whom bear witness to Her savage beauty. For Reapre, it was awe, perhaps even madness, that befell her heart. She began to run after the shadow of the Plaguemother's massive wingspan, never stopping even when night fell. She ran through the morning and the afternoon and the night once more, never once stopping for food or drink. However, no matter how fast she ran, the Filthy One was always too far ahead to catch... and when Reapre's mortality hindered her with a need for rest and nourishment, she fell behind and lost sight of the Plagubringer. Devastated, Reapre became desperate to find the Plaguebringer's shadow once more, to touch that indescribable feeling that the Deity had blessed her with. The feeling of power, and belonging, and sweet, sweet [i]purpose[/i]. A meaning in life, a goal to strive for. "For Reapre, that goal was nothing short of perfection. Not only did she wish to see the Plaguemother's shadow once more, she desired for the attention of the fierce deity. If the Mother's shadow had instilled such powerful longing inside of Reapre's very core, then Her very gaze, the feeling of being the center of that massive presence's focus... it must be [i]indescribable[/i]. For years, Reapre wandered the Scarred Wastelands, asking all whom she met about the Plaguebringer. She became obsessed with learning more about the Filthy One, never once breaking from her quest to attract the Mother's attention-- and then she found her answer. "The Effluvial Crows, a proud, powerful race, practically ruled the Scarred Wastelands. Warriors, all of them, their claws blessed by the Plaguebringer's fearsome gifts, they were a favorite of the Uncleanly Deity... and thus, Reapre emulated their example. She grew ever stronger as she pushed herself to her own physical limits, desperate to achieve the Plaguebringer's blessing as the Crows had. Not only did she desire to become a force to be reckoned with, she wanted more. So much more. She couldn't be the only warrior, no, couldn't be the only one to strive for the Mother's blessing. "Reapre wanted a mate. She wanted hatchlings of her own, hatchlings that she could raise according to the Plaguebringer's Code: 'survival of the fittest'. Her spawn could be nothing short of the best, the fiercest warriors-- no weaklings allowed. Then the Plaguemother would almost certainly be pleased. No, she [i]would[/i] be pleased. Reapre would be nothing short of a legend, her lineage untainted by the throes of weakness, purified by strength, soaked with blood, and blessed by the Mother. After her years of searching, she found a Spiral of the Shadow Flight, a Flight rumored to be favored by the Mother for their cunning and resourcefulness. The dragon in question, Grim the Ruthless, was perfect in Reapre's eyes. Although his faith to the Plaguemother wasn't as strong as her own, he agreed to her methods-- and, in her eyes, his strength and smarts made him worthy enough to share a nest with. And one day, Reapre bore spawn of her own... Thus beginning our lineage's [b]Legacy of War and Blood[/b]." [/center]
Beginning of the Legacy

gy7lfx1.png

"Once Upon a Time, in the midst of the Scarred Wastelands... there was a Mirror dragon named Reapre."

A distant clap of thunder echoes through the cave, but none of the dragons within seem to be alarmed-- if anything, the lightning storms are a familiar presence, moreso than even the sun itself.

"Reapre was born to the Wyrmwound as a sickly little thing. Her mother and father, she'd never met, and her skin was as translucent as a creature of the deep ocean. With some miraculous luck, despite the odds, the little runt of a Mirror hatchling grew into a fearsome beast. She terrorized Beastclans all across the Scarred Wastelands, growing stronger by the day and consuming all in her way.

However, she had no purpose, much to her chagrin. She wondered why she fought to survive at all-- what was the point of living without some greater cause?

"But then... she saw the visage of carnage Herself.

The Plaguebringer, soaring overhead like the shadow of death across the Scarred Wastelands-- a rare sight, one that oft strikes awe, terror, and even madness into the hearts of all whom bear witness to Her savage beauty.

For Reapre, it was awe, perhaps even madness, that befell her heart. She began to run after the shadow of the Plaguemother's massive wingspan, never stopping even when night fell. She ran through the morning and the afternoon and the night once more, never once stopping for food or drink. However, no matter how fast she ran, the Filthy One was always too far ahead to catch... and when Reapre's mortality hindered her with a need for rest and nourishment, she fell behind and lost sight of the Plagubringer.

Devastated, Reapre became desperate to find the Plaguebringer's shadow once more, to touch that indescribable feeling that the Deity had blessed her with. The feeling of power, and belonging, and sweet, sweet purpose. A meaning in life, a goal to strive for.

"For Reapre, that goal was nothing short of perfection. Not only did she wish to see the Plaguemother's shadow once more, she desired for the attention of the fierce deity. If the Mother's shadow had instilled such powerful longing inside of Reapre's very core, then Her very gaze, the feeling of being the center of that massive presence's focus... it must be indescribable.

For years, Reapre wandered the Scarred Wastelands, asking all whom she met about the Plaguebringer. She became obsessed with learning more about the Filthy One, never once breaking from her quest to attract the Mother's attention-- and then she found her answer.

"The Effluvial Crows, a proud, powerful race, practically ruled the Scarred Wastelands. Warriors, all of them, their claws blessed by the Plaguebringer's fearsome gifts, they were a favorite of the Uncleanly Deity... and thus, Reapre emulated their example. She grew ever stronger as she pushed herself to her own physical limits, desperate to achieve the Plaguebringer's blessing as the Crows had.

Not only did she desire to become a force to be reckoned with, she wanted more. So much more. She couldn't be the only warrior, no, couldn't be the only one to strive for the Mother's blessing.

"Reapre wanted a mate. She wanted hatchlings of her own, hatchlings that she could raise according to the Plaguebringer's Code: 'survival of the fittest'. Her spawn could be nothing short of the best, the fiercest warriors-- no weaklings allowed. Then the Plaguemother would almost certainly be pleased. No, she would be pleased. Reapre would be nothing short of a legend, her lineage untainted by the throes of weakness, purified by strength, soaked with blood, and blessed by the Mother.

After her years of searching, she found a Spiral of the Shadow Flight, a Flight rumored to be favored by the Mother for their cunning and resourcefulness. The dragon in question, Grim the Ruthless, was perfect in Reapre's eyes. Although his faith to the Plaguemother wasn't as strong as her own, he agreed to her methods-- and, in her eyes, his strength and smarts made him worthy enough to share a nest with.

And one day, Reapre bore spawn of her own...

Thus beginning our lineage's Legacy of War and Blood."
Update: 5/19/19
@Reythaak @Viviwren

Lore has been added for the beginning of the Legacy! Grim and Reapre will be ready to breed in 5 days.

Also, for the sake of lore, the first few nests in this challenge will be nested in Plague, just as Reapre would want for the sake of "purity". I don't know if I'll continue that tradition for the rest of this challenge, but we'll see!

EDIT: I'm dumb and nested them without finding a Plague nest first. Night shift'll do that to ya. I'm just gonna.... uh. Pretend that the hatchlings have Plague eyes. Or something. c OUGHS.
Update: 5/19/19
@Reythaak @Viviwren

Lore has been added for the beginning of the Legacy! Grim and Reapre will be ready to breed in 5 days.

Also, for the sake of lore, the first few nests in this challenge will be nested in Plague, just as Reapre would want for the sake of "purity". I don't know if I'll continue that tradition for the rest of this challenge, but we'll see!

EDIT: I'm dumb and nested them without finding a Plague nest first. Night shift'll do that to ya. I'm just gonna.... uh. Pretend that the hatchlings have Plague eyes. Or something. c OUGHS.
@AstralDragons

Loving the lore! Definitely looking forward to more tasty updates!
@AstralDragons

Loving the lore! Definitely looking forward to more tasty updates!
wren1.pngwren2.gifwren3.gifwren4.pngwren5.png
Update: 5/24/19 @Reythaak @Viviwren Grim and Reapre have begun to nest-- three eggs this time around! Just happy that I didn't get wegged, as per my usual luck. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center]
Update: 5/24/19
@Reythaak @Viviwren

Grim and Reapre have begun to nest-- three eggs this time around! Just happy that I didn't get wegged, as per my usual luck.
3healthy_0dead.png
@Reythaak @Viviwren @Rosesinger (tagging you bc you seem to be interested in my addiction to asinine challenges; lmk if you'd like to be removed from the pinglist!) [center][size=5][b]The Firstborn[/b][/size] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2464726][img]https://i.imgur.com/gy7lfx1.png[/img][/url] Reapre taps her claws impatiently against the rocky ground, eyeing her three eggs in frustration. She had known it would take a while for the things to incubate, but she [i]desperately[/i] wanted to continue on with the next phase of her plan as soon as possible. Her mate, Grim, isn’t doing much better than she is; he’s beginning to twist himself into knots, though he’s looking at the eggs less as objects, as Reapre is, but as… little bundles of life. [i]His[/i] little bundles of life. He’d helped to make these, and now they were occasionally twitching about… it was nothing short of incredible. After what feels like an eternity, one egg begins to shudder violently. Cracks appear in its surface and, without much further ado, a pale Mirror hatchling bursts free from her confinement. As soon as she tumbles onto the ground, she lets out a loud, shrill squeak. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521970/52196959_350.png[/img] “Looks like she’s got a healthy pair of lungs on her,” Grim remarks, carefully scooping up the sopping-wet hatchling. Grim merely grunts in response, keeping a slightly-more-interested eye on the other two eggs in the nest while Grim begins to clean the egg-goop from his firstborn’s body. The second and third eggs begin to wobble more frequently before beginning to crack-- they don’t shake or explode as violently as their eldest sister’s egg had, but they’re practically bouncing around-- enough for Grim to idly worry about whether or not the eggs will roll out of the nest. Before long, though, the second egg splits open, a young, striped, Spiral male worming his way free of his shell. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521970/52196960_350.png[/img] Instead of shrieking like his sister, the barred Spiral coos as he catches sight of Reapre. Both pairs of her eyes narrow into an indiscernible expression, but she otherwise pays no mind to the hatchling’s soft noises. And finally-- Reapre notes with satisfaction-- the third egg begins to split apart, the hatchling within puncturing holes in the shell with its egg tooth. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521970/52196961_350.png[/img] Another Spiral, and another girl. The hatchling-- a rather pretty creature with a startlingly-blue underbelly-- lets out a loud chirp before suddenly taking a large bite out of the shell she had just come out from. Grim blinks in surprise; what a ravenous little thing! He soon sets the Mirror hatchling aside, reaching for the newborn Spirals in order to clean off the juices coating their soft scales. Reapre huffs and finally gets to her feet, watching as Grim pries the protesting female Spiral from her eggshell feast. “What do you think we should name them?” Grim questions in between bathing the Spirals in his claws. Reapre hums to herself rather disinterestedly, glancing down at the Mirror hatchling-- currently squealing-- at her feet. “This one will be Isis-- the symbol of life.” She marches up to her mate, nodding towards the second-born, barred hatchling. “And this one will be Osiris-- the symbol of death.” Reapre then nods towards the final hatchling, whom is currently attempting to eat her father’s claw. “And finally, this one will be Ahemait-- the Devourer.” Grim grunts at that last name, frowning as he tries to pry the third-born Spiral from his talons. “Good choice. It suits her.” Reapre nods, giving the hatchlings a final, appraising once-over before turning to leave the cave she and Grim shared. “I’ll be back with food,” she calls over her shoulder. “Keep an eye on them for me. It’ll be your turn to hunt tomorrow… and next week, we can begin their training.” [i]Training…? ...Ah. Right.[/i] Grim sighs, but he nods in agreement. Noting his suddenly weary demeanor, Reapre’s eyes harden. “Don’t let yourself get too attached, Grim. Only one can be our heir-- you know that as well as I do.” He nods again, suddenly unable to bring words from his own mouth. [i]Right. Only… only one.[/i] Reapre is gone by the time he’s collected himself. He looks down at his three newborns-- bright-eyed and vivacious, all of them-- before turning his head and sighing. [i]Only one will survive to adulthood. And the other two... ...Gods, what have I gotten myself into…?[/i] ----- AYY the first nest has hatched! And not one, but TWO hatchlings received a breed upgrade AND a gene upgrade-- holy hell! Either way, this was a fantastic nest and I'm eager for these hatchlings to grow up so that I can uh. Murder two of them and let only one survive. [b]Oops.[/b] I'm just hoping that Osiris or Ahemait will take home the victory, because that would be a spectacular start to this challenge! Poor Grim; it's just the beginning for these little tykes. Reapre is going to start training them as soon as they can walk, pretty much :')
@Reythaak @Viviwren @Rosesinger (tagging you bc you seem to be interested in my addiction to asinine challenges; lmk if you'd like to be removed from the pinglist!)

The Firstborn

gy7lfx1.png

Reapre taps her claws impatiently against the rocky ground, eyeing her three eggs in frustration. She had known it would take a while for the things to incubate, but she desperately wanted to continue on with the next phase of her plan as soon as possible.

Her mate, Grim, isn’t doing much better than she is; he’s beginning to twist himself into knots, though he’s looking at the eggs less as objects, as Reapre is, but as… little bundles of life. His little bundles of life. He’d helped to make these, and now they were occasionally twitching about… it was nothing short of incredible.

After what feels like an eternity, one egg begins to shudder violently. Cracks appear in its surface and, without much further ado, a pale Mirror hatchling bursts free from her confinement. As soon as she tumbles onto the ground, she lets out a loud, shrill squeak.

52196959_350.png

“Looks like she’s got a healthy pair of lungs on her,” Grim remarks, carefully scooping up the sopping-wet hatchling. Grim merely grunts in response, keeping a slightly-more-interested eye on the other two eggs in the nest while Grim begins to clean the egg-goop from his firstborn’s body.

The second and third eggs begin to wobble more frequently before beginning to crack-- they don’t shake or explode as violently as their eldest sister’s egg had, but they’re practically bouncing around-- enough for Grim to idly worry about whether or not the eggs will roll out of the nest.
Before long, though, the second egg splits open, a young, striped, Spiral male worming his way free of his shell.

52196960_350.png

Instead of shrieking like his sister, the barred Spiral coos as he catches sight of Reapre. Both pairs of her eyes narrow into an indiscernible expression, but she otherwise pays no mind to the hatchling’s soft noises.

And finally-- Reapre notes with satisfaction-- the third egg begins to split apart, the hatchling within puncturing holes in the shell with its egg tooth.

52196961_350.png

Another Spiral, and another girl. The hatchling-- a rather pretty creature with a startlingly-blue underbelly-- lets out a loud chirp before suddenly taking a large bite out of the shell she had just come out from. Grim blinks in surprise; what a ravenous little thing! He soon sets the Mirror hatchling aside, reaching for the newborn Spirals in order to clean off the juices coating their soft scales.

Reapre huffs and finally gets to her feet, watching as Grim pries the protesting female Spiral from her eggshell feast.

“What do you think we should name them?” Grim questions in between bathing the Spirals in his claws.

Reapre hums to herself rather disinterestedly, glancing down at the Mirror hatchling-- currently squealing-- at her feet.
“This one will be Isis-- the symbol of life.”

She marches up to her mate, nodding towards the second-born, barred hatchling. “And this one will be Osiris-- the symbol of death.”

Reapre then nods towards the final hatchling, whom is currently attempting to eat her father’s claw.
“And finally, this one will be Ahemait-- the Devourer.”

Grim grunts at that last name, frowning as he tries to pry the third-born Spiral from his talons. “Good choice. It suits her.”

Reapre nods, giving the hatchlings a final, appraising once-over before turning to leave the cave she and Grim shared.
“I’ll be back with food,” she calls over her shoulder. “Keep an eye on them for me. It’ll be your turn to hunt tomorrow… and next week, we can begin their training.”

Training…?
...Ah. Right.

Grim sighs, but he nods in agreement. Noting his suddenly weary demeanor, Reapre’s eyes harden.
“Don’t let yourself get too attached, Grim. Only one can be our heir-- you know that as well as I do.”

He nods again, suddenly unable to bring words from his own mouth.
Right. Only… only one.

Reapre is gone by the time he’s collected himself. He looks down at his three newborns-- bright-eyed and vivacious, all of them-- before turning his head and sighing.

Only one will survive to adulthood. And the other two...

...Gods, what have I gotten myself into…?

AYY the first nest has hatched! And not one, but TWO hatchlings received a breed upgrade AND a gene upgrade-- holy hell! Either way, this was a fantastic nest and I'm eager for these hatchlings to grow up so that I can uh. Murder two of them and let only one survive. Oops. I'm just hoping that Osiris or Ahemait will take home the victory, because that would be a spectacular start to this challenge!

Poor Grim; it's just the beginning for these little tykes. Reapre is going to start training them as soon as they can walk, pretty much :')
@AstralDragons

Oh goodness! The lore is great!
Haha, Reapre is acting like a true Crowmom. I can see things getting hairy when they finally take their first steps into the coliseum. I wonder who will come out on top... Poor Grim.
@AstralDragons

Oh goodness! The lore is great!
Haha, Reapre is acting like a true Crowmom. I can see things getting hairy when they finally take their first steps into the coliseum. I wonder who will come out on top... Poor Grim.
wren1.pngwren2.gifwren3.gifwren4.pngwren5.png
I don't mind being pinged this looks interesting. (you're in for the long haul though. Your final goal is a [i]wildclaw[/i]?! and I mean you'll probably [i]still[/i] finish before I finish my LoW [emoji=pearlcatcher winking size=1]
I don't mind being pinged this looks interesting. (you're in for the long haul though. Your final goal is a wildclaw?!

and I mean you'll probably still finish before I finish my LoW
1 2