Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Sab's Legacy of War Breeding Challenge
1 2 3 4 5
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/zrtAeh0.png[/img][/center] [indent]The Mirror stood at attention; strong, proud, but still subservient before his[/indent] superiors. Of those, there were few – having climbed through the ranks of the Stormcatcher’s Exalted forces, he held an authority of his own over his squadrons. His stalwart nature and tenacity made him well respected among his colleagues. He had been one of the most devout, but he had fallen; not to injury, no. To melancholy. To sentiment. To desire and passion. [indent]Her name was Nekuia. He had met her as his squadron passed through[/indent] the populated lands to the opposite border to his new station. He always prided himself in his independence, but she had changed all that. He could have left her behind, perhaps, but she had no home, just as he did not. She followed him, because of sentiment. She remained because of what grew between them. He thought he could keep it quiet. Keep it secret, like so many other secrets he kept. Not this one. And now, he faced consequences, from the highest authority. [indent]The chamber filled with the strongest, most palpable energy he had ever[/indent] known, and knew to what being it belonged. He did not look directly at the Stormcatcher as the deity entered, instead waiting until the great dragon filled his vision before him. He said nothing for several moments, sizing up the commander before him. [indent]“[font=courier][size=4]Do you know why you’re here?[/size][/font]” he finally spoke. His voice filled the [/indent]room, even without him shouting. [indent]“Yes,” Darkwillow replied promptly. “[font=courier][size=4]Of course you do[/size][/font],” the Stormcatcher growled. “[font=courier][size=4]Which baffles me as[/indent] [font=courier][size=4]to [i]why[/i].[/size][/font]” The Mirror didn’t offer any excuses, letting the deity unbottle his rage. “[font=courier][size=4][i]YOU KNOW THE RULES. YOU KNOW YOUR OBLIGATIONS. YOU KNOW THESE THINGS, AND YET YOU HAVE DISOBEYED[/i][/size][/font].” [indent]Darkwillow steeled himself, ready to accept his fate. “[font=courier][size=4]Your punishment typically would be that of a deserter, but[/indent] [font=courier][size=4]this situation has given me an idea. You will remain with your mate, but under certain conditions.[/size][/font]” [indent]Darkwillow paused. These were not words that he had expected. The[/indent] Stormcatcher was waiting for a response, so he asked what he knew his deity was expecting. “What are the conditions?” [indent]“[font=courier][size=4]You and your legacy belongs to me. Your offspring will all[/indent] [font=courier][size=4]serve me directly in my army. I will allow you to keep one hatchling from each of your nests to continue your lineage. This will be determined by how they prove themselves in training. This will continue until I see fit to stop it. If any of your descendants impress me enough, I may be inclined to allow them to join the outer world and leave my service. You and your mate do not have this luxury; you are bound to me. Understood?[/size][/font]” [indent]It was a hefty price, but Darkwillow had already made the vow once. This[/indent] was more than he could have ever asked for him and Nekuia. He bowed, simply answering, “Yes. It will be done.” [indent]The Stormcatcher gestured with his wing toward the door. “[font=courier][size=4][i]GO[/i][/size][/font].”[/indent] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/vFgyRO9.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xFY8o4b.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/vFgyRO9.png[/img] [size=1][i]Graphics by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2103505]Mibella[/url][/i][/size] Hello, and welcome to my Legacy of War breeding challenge! This isn't necessarily going to be a very lore or story based challenge (I'm using all of that creative energy up in my [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2643269/1#post_2643269]Pinkerlocke[/url], heh), but I thought it would be a fun challenge anyway~. This thread is mostly for my personal tracking, but hey, if you want to keep tabs, feel free~. These rules have been pulled from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1#post_2044950]Dreamnorn's old thread[/url].[/center] [quote="Basic Rules"]1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. [i]Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge[/i], but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the [b]heir selection[/b] quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. [s]Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon![/s] I will be utilizing one of the Optional Rules (specifically [b]All From Nothing[/b]) stated in the last quote box with my goal.[/quote] [quote="Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs)"] Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. [i]Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime.[/i] Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, [i]even if your dragons level up between fights.[/i] This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, [i]they are considered defeated or dead,[/i] and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. [i]This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.[/i] --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... [center]~ [b]2 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]3 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, [i]keep going.[/i] They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]4 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send the first two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). [i]You can only give a coach stat points before this final round![/i] 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]5 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, [i]the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.[/i] 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: [LIST] [*]For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [*]For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [/LIST] 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [/quote] [quote="Optional Rules"] [b]All from Nothing:[/b] Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using [b]The Chosen One[/b] optional rule. [center][quote][emoji=rainbow star 1] [b][i][u]My Goal[/u][/i][/b] [emoji=rainbow star 1] I will be continuing until I get a Primal with gem genes and Stormcatcher's official colors (Obsidian/Aqua/Teal). Yeah. I said that. I know. [i]I know.[/i] I want this to take a while.[/quote][/center] [b]The Chosen One:[/b] If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them. [LIST] [*]If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but [i]only[/i] between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation. [/LIST][/quote] [center][u][b]Pinglist![/b][/u] @/AstralDragons @/MisterMylez @/Alfamangle @/Pinsel @/Jaspernoir @/shirotsubaki6564 @/Avrap @/Solarstar Whew. So. To the founders. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49918751] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499188/49918751_350.png[/img] [/url] Darkwillow [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49961223] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/499613/49961223_350.png[/img] [/url] And Nekuia. True confessions; I was a little late putting this thread together because THESE JERKS- [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/1healthy_0dead.png[/img] So that's how it's gonna be, huh? This is how you [i]spite me?[/i] -sigh- Welp. I'm not using the "Try Weggain" rule, so I guess they get by one generation without conflict. Dang it all.
zrtAeh0.png
The Mirror stood at attention; strong, proud, but still subservient before his
superiors. Of those, there were few – having climbed through the ranks of the Stormcatcher’s Exalted forces, he held an authority of his own over his squadrons. His stalwart nature and tenacity made him well respected among his colleagues. He had been one of the most devout, but he had fallen; not to injury, no. To melancholy. To sentiment. To desire and passion.
Her name was Nekuia. He had met her as his squadron passed through
the populated lands to the opposite border to his new station. He always prided himself in his independence, but she had changed all that. He could have left her behind, perhaps, but she had no home, just as he did not. She followed him, because of sentiment. She remained because of what grew between them. He thought he could keep it quiet. Keep it secret, like so many other secrets he kept. Not this one. And now, he faced consequences, from the highest authority.
The chamber filled with the strongest, most palpable energy he had ever
known, and knew to what being it belonged. He did not look directly at the Stormcatcher as the deity entered, instead waiting until the great dragon filled his vision before him. He said nothing for several moments, sizing up the commander before him.
Do you know why you’re here?” he finally spoke. His voice filled the
room, even without him shouting.
“Yes,” Darkwillow replied promptly.
Of course you do,” the Stormcatcher growled. “Which baffles me as
to why.” The Mirror didn’t offer any excuses, letting the deity unbottle his rage. “YOU KNOW THE RULES. YOU KNOW YOUR OBLIGATIONS. YOU KNOW THESE THINGS, AND YET YOU HAVE DISOBEYED.”
Darkwillow steeled himself, ready to accept his fate.
Your punishment typically would be that of a deserter, but
this situation has given me an idea. You will remain with your mate, but under certain conditions.
Darkwillow paused. These were not words that he had expected. The
Stormcatcher was waiting for a response, so he asked what he knew his deity was expecting. “What are the conditions?”
You and your legacy belongs to me. Your offspring will all
serve me directly in my army. I will allow you to keep one hatchling from each of your nests to continue your lineage. This will be determined by how they prove themselves in training. This will continue until I see fit to stop it. If any of your descendants impress me enough, I may be inclined to allow them to join the outer world and leave my service. You and your mate do not have this luxury; you are bound to me. Understood?
It was a hefty price, but Darkwillow had already made the vow once. This
was more than he could have ever asked for him and Nekuia. He bowed, simply answering, “Yes. It will be done.”
The Stormcatcher gestured with his wing toward the door. “GO.”
vFgyRO9.png

xFY8o4b.png

vFgyRO9.png
Graphics by Mibella

Hello, and welcome to my Legacy of War breeding challenge!
This isn't necessarily going to be a very lore or story based challenge (I'm using all of that creative energy up in my Pinkerlocke, heh), but I thought it would be a fun challenge anyway~.

This thread is mostly for my personal tracking, but hey, if you want to keep tabs, feel free~.

These rules have been pulled from Dreamnorn's old thread.
Basic Rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon! I will be utilizing one of the Optional Rules (specifically All From Nothing) stated in the last quote box with my goal.
Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs) wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

• For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

• For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.
Optional Rules wrote:
All from Nothing: Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. If you use this optional rule, I suggest also using The Chosen One optional rule.
Quote:
My Goal
I will be continuing until I get a Primal with gem genes and Stormcatcher's official colors (Obsidian/Aqua/Teal).
Yeah. I said that. I know. I know. I want this to take a while.

The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.

• If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.
Pinglist!
@/AstralDragons @/MisterMylez @/Alfamangle @/Pinsel @/Jaspernoir @/shirotsubaki6564 @/Avrap @/Solarstar

Whew. So. To the founders.

49918751_350.png

Darkwillow

49961223_350.png

And Nekuia.

True confessions; I was a little late putting this thread together because THESE JERKS-
1healthy_0dead.png

So that's how it's gonna be, huh? This is how you spite me?
-sigh- Welp. I'm not using the "Try Weggain" rule, so I guess they get by one generation without conflict. Dang it all.
I would love to be added to the pinglist for this, please!!
I would love to be added to the pinglist for this, please!!
astralDragonsHatchery_buttonrounded.png
@AstralDragons Oh hello! Added you to the pinglist! Now we can both anxiously await the hatching of the first egg ;D.
@AstralDragons Oh hello! Added you to the pinglist! Now we can both anxiously await the hatching of the first egg ;D.
“[i]No![/i]” Nekuia was appalled. He knew she would be. He took a breath, bracing himself for the against her anger. “I know it sounds dire,” Darkwillow started to say before she cut him off, her red eyes deepening to the color of blood. “[i]Dire[/i]? This is psychotic-“ “It’s the best we could hope for,” he interjected. “By law, we should both be dead-“ “[i]Curse him![/i]” “Nekuia-“ “No! I wanted a family, not-“ She stopped herself, unable to convey her emotions with mere words. Amongst the fury, he could see the fear in her eyes as she turned them to look at their nest. There was but one egg; one, precious egg. Darkwillow reached out his claw and gently rested it on the smooth surface, the electricity crackling around his digits. “This [i]is [/i]our family,” he murmured, softly resting his forehead on the warm shell. “I know you were upset that you only laid one egg, but it was a blessing. All the pain, all the tears, all the goodbyes can wait. They are not strictly bound to the same contract as we are; they have a choice. A chance that we forfeit.” “Do they?” Nekuia muttered darkly. “From what you told me, they only get a choice is your [i]god [/i]finds them [i]worthy[/i].” “Then we pray for mercy,” Darkwillow replied quietly, straightening again and removing his claw from the egg. “To someone other than [i]Stormcatcher[/i], I hope,” Nekuia spat. “Will you pray to the Plaguebringer?” The Bogsneak flinched as if she had been hit. He felt a pang of guilt in his stomach for asking such a thing, but he stood firm. The Plaguebringer was well known for her survival of the fittest mentality. This sort of deal was something one would expect her to contrive; from her, it might have been even worse. That’s why Nekuia had left the Scarred Wasteland. It hurt him to put Nekuia in such a situation, but the damage had been done. She stared down at her claws for several moments before she spoke again. “… Our descendants… they won’t be killed, will they?” “They will serve in the war effort-“ “But they won’t be [i]killed[/i]?” Darkwillow took a moment before he understood what she was asking. “They will be given training in combat and all manners of survival. The best possible. They all will have a chance, not simply be left to die,” he answered. She blinked and nodded, absorbing the information. She looked down and lightly nudged their one egg, letting the sparks play along her snout. “… Alright,” she breathed, sounding weary. “Not that we have much choice. But I reject them; the gods. I can’t believe in them. Not after this. Not with what’s to come.” ----- Hey look. Managed to do more writing after all. I mean, it's kinda late again, because ta da~ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50777137] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/507772/50777137_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The egg has hatched into a baby boy! With a primary gene upgrade and everything! I should have paid more attention to the gene rarity when picking the first mate. For some reason I hadn't realized that Bogs were Uncommon breeds until after I bought her. Oh well. I'll try and get a better match to help get some genes transferred next generation, hopefully. And his mate is -drumroll-: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36651903] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/366520/36651903_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This was literally the only dragon with my criteria that I could afford, lol. Bonus; she's already ready to breed! So just have to wait on him. ----- @AstralDragons Totally forgot to ping, sorry ;w;.
No!” Nekuia was appalled. He knew she would be. He took a breath, bracing himself for the against her anger.
“I know it sounds dire,” Darkwillow started to say before she cut him off, her red eyes deepening to the color of blood.
Dire? This is psychotic-“
“It’s the best we could hope for,” he interjected. “By law, we should both be dead-“
Curse him!
“Nekuia-“
“No! I wanted a family, not-“ She stopped herself, unable to convey her emotions with mere words. Amongst the fury, he could see the fear in her eyes as she turned them to look at their nest.
There was but one egg; one, precious egg. Darkwillow reached out his claw and gently rested it on the smooth surface, the electricity crackling around his digits.
“This is our family,” he murmured, softly resting his forehead on the warm shell. “I know you were upset that you only laid one egg, but it was a blessing. All the pain, all the tears, all the goodbyes can wait. They are not strictly bound to the same contract as we are; they have a choice. A chance that we forfeit.”
“Do they?” Nekuia muttered darkly. “From what you told me, they only get a choice is your god finds them worthy.”
“Then we pray for mercy,” Darkwillow replied quietly, straightening again and removing his claw from the egg.
“To someone other than Stormcatcher, I hope,” Nekuia spat.
“Will you pray to the Plaguebringer?” The Bogsneak flinched as if she had been hit. He felt a pang of guilt in his stomach for asking such a thing, but he stood firm. The Plaguebringer was well known for her survival of the fittest mentality. This sort of deal was something one would expect her to contrive; from her, it might have been even worse. That’s why Nekuia had left the Scarred Wasteland. It hurt him to put Nekuia in such a situation, but the damage had been done.
She stared down at her claws for several moments before she spoke again. “… Our descendants… they won’t be killed, will they?”
“They will serve in the war effort-“
“But they won’t be killed?” Darkwillow took a moment before he understood what she was asking.
“They will be given training in combat and all manners of survival. The best possible. They all will have a chance, not simply be left to die,” he answered. She blinked and nodded, absorbing the information. She looked down and lightly nudged their one egg, letting the sparks play along her snout.
“… Alright,” she breathed, sounding weary. “Not that we have much choice. But I reject them; the gods. I can’t believe in them. Not after this. Not with what’s to come.”
Hey look. Managed to do more writing after all.
I mean, it's kinda late again, because ta da~ The egg has hatched into a baby boy! With a primary gene upgrade and everything! I should have paid more attention to the gene rarity when picking the first mate. For some reason I hadn't realized that Bogs were Uncommon breeds until after I bought her. Oh well. I'll try and get a better match to help get some genes transferred next generation, hopefully.

And his mate is -drumroll-: This was literally the only dragon with my criteria that I could afford, lol. Bonus; she's already ready to breed! So just have to wait on him.
@AstralDragons Totally forgot to ping, sorry ;w;.
All good!! You have a very lovely writing style, by the way, and the first baby's mate is really pretty!
All good!! You have a very lovely writing style, by the way, and the first baby's mate is really pretty!
@AstralDragons Aw, thank you ;w;. And yeah she is~.
Also, I went ahead and exalted both of the founders, and the kids now have names! Joxepo is my mirror boy, and Sullene is his mate~.
Also if I'm allowed to self promote a little, I am doing a pinkerlocke that I write quite a bit for if you'd like something else to read~. Link is in my sig!
@AstralDragons Aw, thank you ;w;. And yeah she is~.
Also, I went ahead and exalted both of the founders, and the kids now have names! Joxepo is my mirror boy, and Sullene is his mate~.
Also if I'm allowed to self promote a little, I am doing a pinkerlocke that I write quite a bit for if you'd like something else to read~. Link is in my sig!
Excellent, I'm gonna check that out ASAP @Sabariel!
Excellent, I'm gonna check that out ASAP @Sabariel!
He grew up in the workshop of the Stormcatcher. Quite literally. He lived in awe of the deity and walking the halls of the Tempest Spire alongside his parents. Glimpses of the Stormcatcher were common, and his voice boomed across the skies like the thunder he created. There was no other place Joxepa could imagine being. His parents he adored; his father instructed him in all the disciplines that had granted him his success and the respect of those that visited the family. His mother told him stories of places far away and reassured him when he was down with all the affection he could ask for. When he was old enough, his training began. He was taught all forms of combat from the most accomplished dragons in their field, and he was an exemplary pupil. The techniques seemed to come naturally to him, and he lived for his father’s praise. His mother never seemed quite as happy with his performance in the ring, but she enjoyed the small, intricate machines he made for her that sang and danced and spun her worries away. Then he met her, twisting and weaving among the workings of the factory, her orange belly strikingly bright against her black scales and brown wings. She was called Sullene; she had the same red eyes as his mother and was patterned with stripes and swirls that made his thoughts spiral out of his control. When he came to find she shared the same affection for him that he felt for her, he thought his heart stopped. They were bound the day he fully matured into an adult, both having anxiously waited for the proper time to make the merger. They were given their own quarters- a large affair, thanks to his father’s prestige. There, they started their family, making Joxepa the happiest Mirror in Sornieth. Given their schedules, his mother came to help care for the eggs. On one such day, when Joxepa had come back from his duties, she hesitated before leaving to ask, “Don’t you worry for them?” “For who?” he inquired. As he followed her eyes to the eggs, he smiled in understanding. “Oh no- we’ve been assured that they are quite healthy. They’ll be fine, especially considering that they have so many looking after them.” “Of course,” she answered automatically, but she grew quiet again. Perhaps he hadn’t quite understood after all. “Just, don’t you worry about what they’ll do? About what’s expected of them when they’re old enough?” “They’ll be trained to serve the Stormcatcher, to be his personal envoys and soldiers,” he answered easily. “It’ll be wonderful- what more could we hope for?” He didn’t expect her to burst into tears like she did. He tried to comfort her for several minutes, but in vain. After a while, she got control of herself to slow her sobs and regain her breath. She gave him one last, mournful look before leaving with words that left him utterly perplexed. “This isn’t what I wanted for you.” ----- Happy Wavecrest! Today's the day~! Joxepa is ready to breed, and he and Sullene have laid two eggs! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50777137][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/507772/50777137.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36651903][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/366520/36651903.png[/img][/url] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] So when this nest hatches, the challenge [i]really[/i] begins! ----- @AstralDragons
He grew up in the workshop of the Stormcatcher. Quite literally. He lived in awe of the deity and walking the halls of the Tempest Spire alongside his parents. Glimpses of the Stormcatcher were common, and his voice boomed across the skies like the thunder he created. There was no other place Joxepa could imagine being.
His parents he adored; his father instructed him in all the disciplines that had granted him his success and the respect of those that visited the family. His mother told him stories of places far away and reassured him when he was down with all the affection he could ask for. When he was old enough, his training began. He was taught all forms of combat from the most accomplished dragons in their field, and he was an exemplary pupil. The techniques seemed to come naturally to him, and he lived for his father’s praise. His mother never seemed quite as happy with his performance in the ring, but she enjoyed the small, intricate machines he made for her that sang and danced and spun her worries away.
Then he met her, twisting and weaving among the workings of the factory, her orange belly strikingly bright against her black scales and brown wings. She was called Sullene; she had the same red eyes as his mother and was patterned with stripes and swirls that made his thoughts spiral out of his control. When he came to find she shared the same affection for him that he felt for her, he thought his heart stopped.
They were bound the day he fully matured into an adult, both having anxiously waited for the proper time to make the merger. They were given their own quarters- a large affair, thanks to his father’s prestige. There, they started their family, making Joxepa the happiest Mirror in Sornieth.
Given their schedules, his mother came to help care for the eggs. On one such day, when Joxepa had come back from his duties, she hesitated before leaving to ask, “Don’t you worry for them?”
“For who?” he inquired. As he followed her eyes to the eggs, he smiled in understanding. “Oh no- we’ve been assured that they are quite healthy. They’ll be fine, especially considering that they have so many looking after them.”
“Of course,” she answered automatically, but she grew quiet again. Perhaps he hadn’t quite understood after all. “Just, don’t you worry about what they’ll do? About what’s expected of them when they’re old enough?”
“They’ll be trained to serve the Stormcatcher, to be his personal envoys and soldiers,” he answered easily. “It’ll be wonderful- what more could we hope for?”
He didn’t expect her to burst into tears like she did. He tried to comfort her for several minutes, but in vain. After a while, she got control of herself to slow her sobs and regain her breath. She gave him one last, mournful look before leaving with words that left him utterly perplexed.
“This isn’t what I wanted for you.”
Happy Wavecrest! Today's the day~! Joxepa is ready to breed, and he and Sullene have laid two eggs!
50777137.png 36651903.png
2healthy_0dead.png
So when this nest hatches, the challenge really begins!
@AstralDragons
Oh gosh, I feel so bad for Joxepa's mother ;;; At least Joxepa seems to have lived a happy life, and found a beautiful, sweet mate!
Oh gosh, I feel so bad for Joxepa's mother ;;; At least Joxepa seems to have lived a happy life, and found a beautiful, sweet mate!
@AstralDragons Indeed, poor Nekuia... but, on with the challenge! [center]The nest has hatched; we now have a boy and a girl! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51326958] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/513270/51326958_350.png[/img] [/url] Ramil, who looks much like his father. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51326959] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/513270/51326959_350.png[/img] [/url] And Vuroja, who looks reminiscent of her mother. Unfortunately, no actual progress was made, lol. [size=2]What a bunch of jerks.[/size] Now to wait for them to grow up so we can determine who the heir will be!
@AstralDragons Indeed, poor Nekuia... but, on with the challenge!
The nest has hatched; we now have a boy and a girl!

51326958_350.png

Ramil, who looks much like his father.

51326959_350.png

And Vuroja, who looks reminiscent of her mother.

Unfortunately, no actual progress was made, lol. What a bunch of jerks. Now to wait for them to grow up so we can determine who the heir will be!
1 2 3 4 5