Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals-Closed!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38096997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380970/38096997_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][item=Incorporeal Dinner] [item=Bountiful Fishnet] [item=Acorn][/center] Snowbell starred at the ingredients for a good half a minute. A worried look starts to form on her face. "Oh Blep, how am I supposed to make a dish with something that isn't even corporeal?" The little frog hops off her hat. "Ribbit." Snowbells sighs "I may be a mage but I can't do something like that....It would take days!" Snowbell starts to pace around in circles desperately trying to think of something. Blep pats his little froggy feet on the table. "Ribbit!" Snowbell stops and looks at him. "Do..you really think that could..?" she asks. Blep lets out a cheerful croak and Snowbell nods. "Alright then!" she yells. "Let's get to work!" Snowbell pulls out a pan and starts to fry the fish. They turn a nice shinning golden brown before being taken off and set aside. She then coats the acorns in a bit of oil before roasting them. After everything is cooked, Snowbell puts everything aside and prepares for the final ingredient. She gulps. "Ok.." she mutters. "If this doesn't work I'm blaming it on you." Snowbell holds out her staff and starts muttering an odd incantation. Suddenly the staff glows with a blinding light and lifts the ghostly meal into the air. Parts of the specter start to drift off the plate and slowly make their way towards the staff. One by one, parts of the meal are absorbed into the staff until there is nothing left. The staff's glow dims until the light is out completely. Snowbell put the staff aside and starts to place the acorns and fish on the plate. "Ok...the moment of truth." she sighs. Snowbell holds her staff high into the air and mutters a second incantation. Using the staff's power, Snowbell sends the bright blue flame straight at the fish. A flash of light engulfs the room before quickly dimming out. Snowbell looks expectingly at the fish. "D-did it work?" A small glow starts to appear around the fish. One twitches, and another, and another. Until all the fish start flapping their tails back and forth. Suddenly one of the fish shoots up into the air and starts to fly in circles around the plate. One by one all the fish do the same until there's an entire school flying around the plate, with nothing left but a few acorns. "Yes, it worked!" Snowbell squealed. "Let's see if that other spell I put on them is working!" Snowbell takes one acorn from the plate and pulls out a napkin. She carefully puts the acorn on the napkin and holds it out in front of her a little. One of the many fish notice and starts to cautiously swim over. After inspecting the acorn a bit, it opens it mouth and wedges it between its teeth. The glow around the fish instantly disappears and falls right onto Snowbell's napkin. "Ah perfect! We needed some way to eat the fish! This is a cooking contest after all." Blep hops off her hat and lets out another croak. Snowbell nods "You're right. We need to get this to the judges!" (Sorry if it's a bit weird I dont rp a lot! I'd also like to be added to the ping list if possible! :D)
Incorporeal Dinner Bountiful Fishnet Acorn

Snowbell starred at the ingredients for a good half a minute. A worried look starts to form on her face. "Oh Blep, how am I supposed to make a dish with something that isn't even corporeal?" The little frog hops off her hat. "Ribbit." Snowbells sighs "I may be a mage but I can't do something like that....It would take days!" Snowbell starts to pace around in circles desperately trying to think of something. Blep pats his little froggy feet on the table. "Ribbit!" Snowbell stops and looks at him. "Do..you really think that could..?" she asks. Blep lets out a cheerful croak and Snowbell nods. "Alright then!" she yells. "Let's get to work!"

Snowbell pulls out a pan and starts to fry the fish. They turn a nice shinning golden brown before being taken off and set aside. She then coats the acorns in a bit of oil before roasting them. After everything is cooked, Snowbell puts everything aside and prepares for the final ingredient. She gulps. "Ok.." she mutters. "If this doesn't work I'm blaming it on you." Snowbell holds out her staff and starts muttering an odd incantation.

Suddenly the staff glows with a blinding light and lifts the ghostly meal into the air. Parts of the specter start to drift off the plate and slowly make their way towards the staff. One by one, parts of the meal are absorbed into the staff until there is nothing left. The staff's glow dims until the light is out completely. Snowbell put the staff aside and starts to place the acorns and fish on the plate.

"Ok...the moment of truth." she sighs. Snowbell holds her staff high into the air and mutters a second incantation. Using the staff's power, Snowbell sends the bright blue flame straight at the fish. A flash of light engulfs the room before quickly dimming out. Snowbell looks expectingly at the fish. "D-did it work?" A small glow starts to appear around the fish. One twitches, and another, and another. Until all the fish start flapping their tails back and forth. Suddenly one of the fish shoots up into the air and starts to fly in circles around the plate. One by one all the fish do the same until there's an entire school flying around the plate, with nothing left but a few acorns.

"Yes, it worked!" Snowbell squealed. "Let's see if that other spell I put on them is working!" Snowbell takes one acorn from the plate and pulls out a napkin. She carefully puts the acorn on the napkin and holds it out in front of her a little. One of the many fish notice and starts to cautiously swim over. After inspecting the acorn a bit, it opens it mouth and wedges it between its teeth. The glow around the fish instantly disappears and falls right onto Snowbell's napkin. "Ah perfect! We needed some way to eat the fish! This is a cooking contest after all." Blep hops off her hat and lets out another croak. Snowbell nods "You're right. We need to get this to the judges!"

(Sorry if it's a bit weird I dont rp a lot! I'd also like to be added to the ping list if possible! :D)
pixel_bonzai_by_sugarthemis-d3gn39e.gif_next__button_pixel_by_blackrabbit_25-d5tq8gw.giffree_bouncy_moltres_icon_by_kattling-d5r5x9a.gifemotion_is_life_by_sugarthemis-d35049y.gifpixel_bonzai_by_sugarthemis-d3gn3js.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39481042][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/394811/39481042.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8744743][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/87448/8744743.png[/img][/url][/center] The very first thing Kalaghi did when she returned to the tent was [i]diving out of the way[/i] and then, collapsing. Fine, that was two things, she mused while laying on the ground, gaze fixed on the puddle of sizzling oil that almost hit her. When she still couldn't move after a minute had passed, she slowly started to realize that it was not just an ordinary attack this time. She would've sighed, but in her current state, she wasn't really able to - and the last thing she wanted was to disturb her breathing rythm. She did that once. No, thanks. Watching the chaos unravel around the imperial and skydancer in front of her [i]was[/i] pretty entertaining, though. Or it would've been if she had a safe distance from them. Kalaghi was so absorbed that she didn't even notice a twenty-meter-long blue imperial dragon sneak up on her. (It would be more amazing, had she not recently documented the invisibility of blue imperial dragons. It was astonishing.) She yelped - or at least she tried to - when she was lifted into the air, coming to face a familiar pair of angry yellow eyes, way too high up for her liking. "Kalli", the imperial growled. "You can't just wander off like that!" Speaking didn't work yet, but humming was possible. "[i]I didn't ask you to follow me, did I? It's not my fault you lost me, Marcie.[/i]" Marcie, sadly, did not speak coatl, so all she did was blink and wait for something else to follow. It took quite a while until it clicked. "...you're suffering a cataplexy right now, don't you?" The options for a communication between draconian-speaker and coatl were limited, but thankfully, showing approval was rather easy: "[i]Mm.[/i]" "Well, that puts us in a difficult situation, right?" Marcie put her back down, conveniently onto an empty counter, before taking a look around herself. "Oh, I remember this", she mused. "I've been here last year with Cadie - Mistral Meals, right? Well, what are the ingredi-" Kalaghi registered she could move again and rolled from the counter, just in time to dodge the imperial's claws as she was trying to grab her. Any longer, and she would've had to worry. "Oh, darn it, come here! We're leaving!" "[i]I[/i] am certainly not! I'm participating today!" The coatl hid unter the counter, dodging again. "You- you can't even cook! Much less an Incorporeal Dinner. Come on now!" She grinned when it clicked in [i]her[/i] head. "You had to, last year, right? And let me guess. It evaporated?" Stunned, Marcie stopped for a moment. "Thought so. It's the most common problem. What you probably didn't know either is that it doesn't taste like turkey at all, even though it looks like it. It's said to taste like guilt - whatever strange taste that is." Kalaghi prodly raised her feathers. "You see, I'm well-prepared. I don't need your advice." "...fine." Marcie gnashed her teeth. "Tell you what: I'm curious. I'll help you as long as I don't need to touch that thing, and if you can get it to taste acceptable, I'm even helping you tomorrow." "Sounds nice. Listen up, I thought of the following..." Kalaghi had planned to steam the turkey ghost at first, but then she noticed that it had no texture. Literally none. That, of course, just made things easier. Kind of. While she herself ground up the [b]Acorns[/b] and soaked them multiple times, Marcie's task was to start with a rather typical cake: to whip a mixture of egg whites, water and cream of tartar, slowly add sugar and salt. "Perfect, now take those and start on the fish.", Kalaghi ordered while snatching the bowl and pushing a part of her ground-up acorn over. She was still roastig the other part but quickly added it to the mixture began to stir. Now, she was at the point were the [b]Incorporal Dinner[/b] should come in - just that she still wasn't sure how exactly she would manage that, given the fact that she could barely touch it. In the end, she settled upon gently blowing ghost pieces into the bowl. She tried not to overdo it; after all, she hadn't cooked that before. (Not that she'd really cooked at all before, except yesterday.) But while the batter was brown-ish and emitted a faint blue glow, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Into a cake mould ant then the oven it went. Meanwhile, Marcie had taken it upon herself to cut various fish from the [b]Bountiful Fishnet[/b] into pieces, toss them into the ground-up acorn and fry the pieces. Once done, she stirred up an easy sweet and sour sauce from pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, catsup, soy sauce and corn starch. Then, she finally took the time to look at the cake-to-be. "Is it supposed to glow loke that? It's spooky." "Yeah." Kalaghi yawned. She'd almost drifted off to sleep, again. " 'tis fine. That's a Devil Food Cake, you know, like an Angel Food Cake, but with ghost - oh, and the acorn roast I made. It's called mocca faux, I think." She yawned again and scratched her head. The imperial snorted and arranged her fried fish pieces on a plate with the sauce in the middle, so it looked like a silly sun drawing. She lamented in her head that she had no way to add a smile, but on the other hand, wouldn't that be silly? Because Kalaghi was fast asleep by the time her cake was ready, Marcie took it upon herself to cut a piece and present it with some Frosted Violets from the other day. She then waited for the judge to arrive at their counter. "This is an assortement of fried fish with sweet and sour sauce, as well as a Mocca Faux Devil Food Cake.", she calmly said. "...and I'm sorry for any trouble my friend here has caused. She's ill, you see... b-but it's not infectious, really! It's a neurological disease." "That's enough, don't you think?", Kalaghi cut her off more sharply than intended. She'd woken up again just in time. "You don't need to tell everyone my life story." After that, she stomped off, stubbornly deciding to stay around for a while. Maybe she could chat with another contestant... for example... where'd the odd duo from earlier go? (Edit: it was violets yesterday, not lilies. I don't even know how I confused that. 0.o)
39481042.png8744743.png

The very first thing Kalaghi did when she returned to the tent was diving out of the way and then, collapsing. Fine, that was two things, she mused while laying on the ground, gaze fixed on the puddle of sizzling oil that almost hit her.
When she still couldn't move after a minute had passed, she slowly started to realize that it was not just an ordinary attack this time. She would've sighed, but in her current state, she wasn't really able to - and the last thing she wanted was to disturb her breathing rythm. She did that once. No, thanks.
Watching the chaos unravel around the imperial and skydancer in front of her was pretty entertaining, though. Or it would've been if she had a safe distance from them.
Kalaghi was so absorbed that she didn't even notice a twenty-meter-long blue imperial dragon sneak up on her. (It would be more amazing, had she not recently documented the invisibility of blue imperial dragons. It was astonishing.)
She yelped - or at least she tried to - when she was lifted into the air, coming to face a familiar pair of angry yellow eyes, way too high up for her liking.
"Kalli", the imperial growled. "You can't just wander off like that!"
Speaking didn't work yet, but humming was possible. "I didn't ask you to follow me, did I? It's not my fault you lost me, Marcie."
Marcie, sadly, did not speak coatl, so all she did was blink and wait for something else to follow. It took quite a while until it clicked. "...you're suffering a cataplexy right now, don't you?"
The options for a communication between draconian-speaker and coatl were limited, but thankfully, showing approval was rather easy: "Mm."
"Well, that puts us in a difficult situation, right?" Marcie put her back down, conveniently onto an empty counter, before taking a look around herself. "Oh, I remember this", she mused. "I've been here last year with Cadie - Mistral Meals, right? Well, what are the ingredi-"
Kalaghi registered she could move again and rolled from the counter, just in time to dodge the imperial's claws as she was trying to grab her. Any longer, and she would've had to worry.
"Oh, darn it, come here! We're leaving!"
"I am certainly not! I'm participating today!" The coatl hid unter the counter, dodging again.
"You- you can't even cook! Much less an Incorporeal Dinner. Come on now!"
She grinned when it clicked in her head. "You had to, last year, right? And let me guess. It evaporated?"
Stunned, Marcie stopped for a moment.
"Thought so. It's the most common problem. What you probably didn't know either is that it doesn't taste like turkey at all, even though it looks like it. It's said to taste like guilt - whatever strange taste that is." Kalaghi prodly raised her feathers. "You see, I'm well-prepared. I don't need your advice."
"...fine." Marcie gnashed her teeth. "Tell you what: I'm curious. I'll help you as long as I don't need to touch that thing, and if you can get it to taste acceptable, I'm even helping you tomorrow."
"Sounds nice. Listen up, I thought of the following..."

Kalaghi had planned to steam the turkey ghost at first, but then she noticed that it had no texture. Literally none. That, of course, just made things easier. Kind of.
While she herself ground up the Acorns and soaked them multiple times, Marcie's task was to start with a rather typical cake: to whip a mixture of egg whites, water and cream of tartar, slowly add sugar and salt.
"Perfect, now take those and start on the fish.", Kalaghi ordered while snatching the bowl and pushing a part of her ground-up acorn over. She was still roastig the other part but quickly added it to the mixture began to stir. Now, she was at the point were the Incorporal Dinner should come in - just that she still wasn't sure how exactly she would manage that, given the fact that she could barely touch it.
In the end, she settled upon gently blowing ghost pieces into the bowl. She tried not to overdo it; after all, she hadn't cooked that before. (Not that she'd really cooked at all before, except yesterday.) But while the batter was brown-ish and emitted a faint blue glow, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Into a cake mould ant then the oven it went.
Meanwhile, Marcie had taken it upon herself to cut various fish from the Bountiful Fishnet into pieces, toss them into the ground-up acorn and fry the pieces. Once done, she stirred up an easy sweet and sour sauce from pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, catsup, soy sauce and corn starch. Then, she finally took the time to look at the cake-to-be.
"Is it supposed to glow loke that? It's spooky."
"Yeah." Kalaghi yawned. She'd almost drifted off to sleep, again. " 'tis fine. That's a Devil Food Cake, you know, like an Angel Food Cake, but with ghost - oh, and the acorn roast I made. It's called mocca faux, I think." She yawned again and scratched her head.
The imperial snorted and arranged her fried fish pieces on a plate with the sauce in the middle, so it looked like a silly sun drawing. She lamented in her head that she had no way to add a smile, but on the other hand, wouldn't that be silly?
Because Kalaghi was fast asleep by the time her cake was ready, Marcie took it upon herself to cut a piece and present it with some Frosted Violets from the other day. She then waited for the judge to arrive at their counter.
"This is an assortement of fried fish with sweet and sour sauce, as well as a Mocca Faux Devil Food Cake.", she calmly said. "...and I'm sorry for any trouble my friend here has caused. She's ill, you see... b-but it's not infectious, really! It's a neurological disease."
"That's enough, don't you think?", Kalaghi cut her off more sharply than intended. She'd woken up again just in time. "You don't need to tell everyone my life story."

After that, she stomped off, stubbornly deciding to stay around for a while. Maybe she could chat with another contestant... for example... where'd the odd duo from earlier go?

(Edit: it was violets yesterday, not lilies. I don't even know how I confused that. 0.o)
frcomm48.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17247917] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172480/17247917_350.png[/img] [/url] Half waddling and slithering along the side of the counter and inspecting the ingredients on the table, the spiral scratches the back of his neck. For a second he has a look in his eyes as if mentally looking through documents...until he comes to. [item=acorn] "Give the acorns a rinse; be sure to pick out any without a cap or ones not sinking since they're usually bad or riddled with worms – unless that's your thing. It's more my thing..." says Dust with a chuckle and haphazardly drops the handful of "bad" acorns separated from the rest. "Ay..." he huffs. Swift sweep of a tail and we're back in business. "We're going to keep boiling and changing the water until clear so that the bitterness's gone. Once that's done we can peel 'em with the shells all sogged up and let dry." [item=bountiful fishnet][item=salt][item=vegetable oil] "'retty simple when prepared [emoji=pirate ship]aboard[emoji=pirate ship] but since we have a little more options in the kitchen we're not settling for just crisping these in a horrendous amount of butter (vegetable oil is close enough), but we're toasting our shelled acorns alongside cooking the fish. Granted the fish are small enough, bones will be soft and small enough to chew without sticking to your throat. [item=incorporeal dinner][item=blacktongue pepper] Last but not least we have our a tad problematic ingredient but I have a plan...we're shredding the meat off of the ghostly poultry, mixing it with some thick dairy like yoghurt or sour cream and adding some minced peppers – no seeds unless you love shoveling pure capsaicin into your jaw. And blam-o! We've got ourselves some finger food and a dip.

17247917_350.png
Half waddling and slithering along the side of the counter and inspecting the ingredients on the table, the spiral scratches the back of his neck. For a second he has a look in his eyes as if mentally looking through documents...until he comes to.
Acorn
"Give the acorns a rinse; be sure to pick out any without a cap or ones not sinking since they're usually bad or riddled with worms – unless that's your thing. It's more my thing..." says Dust with a chuckle and haphazardly drops the handful of "bad" acorns separated from the rest. "Ay..." he huffs. Swift sweep of a tail and we're back in business.
"We're going to keep boiling and changing the water until clear so that the bitterness's gone. Once that's done we can peel 'em with the shells all sogged up and let dry."
Bountiful Fishnet Salt Vegetable Oil
"'retty simple when prepared aboard but since we have a little more options in the kitchen we're not settling for just crisping these in a horrendous amount of butter (vegetable oil is close enough), but we're toasting our shelled acorns alongside cooking the fish. Granted the fish are small enough, bones will be soft and small enough to chew without sticking to your throat.
Incorporeal Dinner Blacktongue Pepper
Last but not least we have our a tad problematic ingredient but I have a plan...we're shredding the meat off of the ghostly poultry, mixing it with some thick dairy like yoghurt or sour cream and adding some minced peppers – no seeds unless you love shoveling pure capsaicin into your jaw.
And blam-o! We've got ourselves some finger food and a dip.
23853.png
beetle1_by_rhvbarb-dbt7klj.gif klaus . they/them

10+ FR Time

990.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40850966][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/408510/40850966.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=candara]With an excited "A-ha!" Momoka readies the oven to an appropriate temperature and a deep fryer with coconut oil before meticulously crushing the [b]acorns [/b]into a fine, almost powdery crumble. She carefully removes the scales from[b] fresh-caught fish[/b] before using the crumbled acorn crumble to encrust the seafood "Have to be sure it's all even before I fry these little guys..." she mumbles to herself. The oven beeps, ready for the strange [b]ghostly turkey[/b] that she was given to work with. She initially thought it'd simply phase through whatever it touched, her knife especially, but it was actually solid as she sliced it into tiny, heart-shaped pieces. She moves to season the turkey pieces with fresh pepper, oregano, sea salt, olive oil, paprika, thyme, and a dash of onion powder. She carefully rubs the seasoning into the meat and pops it in the oven to cook. Momoka takes it out after a little while and fries the fish carefully and quickly. She doesn't want to burn herself on the hot oil. Working fast, she makes a bed of veggie rice for the meats to sit on. It has bits of buttered broccoli and steam-wilted spinach as the vegetables and cilantro for a simple, yet effective flavoring. Once everything is cooked and hot, she arranges it on a plate in a cute way with a larger fish in the middle and two heart-shaped turkey pieces around it like wings. These all sit on the veggie rice, of course, and Momoka is proud of her creation. She hopes it tastes good to the judges!
40850966.png

With an excited "A-ha!" Momoka readies the oven to an appropriate temperature and a deep fryer with coconut oil before meticulously crushing the acorns into a fine, almost powdery crumble. She carefully removes the scales from fresh-caught fish before using the crumbled acorn crumble to encrust the seafood

"Have to be sure it's all even before I fry these little guys..." she mumbles to herself.

The oven beeps, ready for the strange ghostly turkey that she was given to work with. She initially thought it'd simply phase through whatever it touched, her knife especially, but it was actually solid as she sliced it into tiny, heart-shaped pieces. She moves to season the turkey pieces with fresh pepper, oregano, sea salt, olive oil, paprika, thyme, and a dash of onion powder. She carefully rubs the seasoning into the meat and pops it in the oven to cook.

Momoka takes it out after a little while and fries the fish carefully and quickly. She doesn't want to burn herself on the hot oil. Working fast, she makes a bed of veggie rice for the meats to sit on. It has bits of buttered broccoli and steam-wilted spinach as the vegetables and cilantro for a simple, yet effective flavoring.

Once everything is cooked and hot, she arranges it on a plate in a cute way with a larger fish in the middle and two heart-shaped turkey pieces around it like wings. These all sit on the veggie rice, of course, and Momoka is proud of her creation. She hopes it tastes good to the judges!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49476181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494762/49476181_350.png[/img] [/url] Gwyneira didn't like fish, and didn't see the point of eating something incorporeal. However, she was used to cooking these foods for the meat and seafood lovers in her clan. Smoothing back the feathers on her head, she got to work. "Ok," she muttered to herself. "I know that the incorporeal dinner is sort of bland, so I'll spice that up with some chili peppers." Gwyn diced them into a paste with some cream, spreading the mixture on the chicken-like ghostly meat. To add some crunch and interest to the meal, she chopped up the acorns and covered the incorporeal dinner with them. She didn't know what to do with the bountiful fish net, until she had the idea of making the fish into pies. Quickly mixing together a pastry dough, she formed tiny pies filled with fish. Suddenly Gwyn stopped. "I need to bake the incorporeal dinner!" Slightly stressed, she put both the dinner and the fish pies into the oven, hoping that she could get the timing right. After waiting half an hour, she took the pies out, and was greatly relieved. They were a perfect golden brown. She left the incorporeal dinner baking for slightly longer than she might have otherwise, but it worked out because the acorns browned nicely. "May I present," she said to the judge, "Spicy Incorporeal Dinner with Fish Pies!" She winced slightly. Perhaps she should have thought of a less wordy name.

49476181_350.png

Gwyneira didn't like fish, and didn't see the point of eating something incorporeal. However, she was used to cooking these foods for the meat and seafood lovers in her clan. Smoothing back the feathers on her head, she got to work.

"Ok," she muttered to herself. "I know that the incorporeal dinner is sort of bland, so I'll spice that up with some chili peppers." Gwyn diced them into a paste with some cream, spreading the mixture on the chicken-like ghostly meat. To add some crunch and interest to the meal, she chopped up the acorns and covered the incorporeal dinner with them. She didn't know what to do with the bountiful fish net, until she had the idea of making the fish into pies. Quickly mixing together a pastry dough, she formed tiny pies filled with fish.

Suddenly Gwyn stopped. "I need to bake the incorporeal dinner!" Slightly stressed, she put both the dinner and the fish pies into the oven, hoping that she could get the timing right. After waiting half an hour, she took the pies out, and was greatly relieved. They were a perfect golden brown. She left the incorporeal dinner baking for slightly longer than she might have otherwise, but it worked out because the acorns browned nicely.

"May I present," she said to the judge, "Spicy Incorporeal Dinner with Fish Pies!" She winced slightly. Perhaps she should have thought of a less wordy name.
VDwNYPe.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23111612] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/231117/23111612_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=Incorporeal Dinner][item=Bountiful Fishnet][item=Acorn] [item=golden pepper][item=wild onion][item=Vegetable Oil][/center] Once the judge mentioned the word "barbecue", the gears began turning in Snickerdoodle's head. She began by cutting up the Incorporeal Dinner and the fish in the Bountiful Fishnet into bite-sized cubes. Setting those aside, she then cracked open the Acorns to get at the soft flesh inside. Then Snickerdoodle chopped up the Golden Peppers and Wild Onions into square slices. She slid the meat, fish, nuts, and vegetables onto bamboo skewers, and then brushed the shish kabobs with Vegetable Oil. Snickerdoodle then fired up a charcoal grill and grilled them until the meat and fish were fully cooked. "Shish kabobs, ready to eat!" she said to the waiting judge, holding out a shish kabob for him to try.

23111612_350.png

Golden Pepper Wild Onion Vegetable Oil
Once the judge mentioned the word "barbecue", the gears began turning in Snickerdoodle's head. She began by cutting up the Incorporeal Dinner and the fish in the Bountiful Fishnet into bite-sized cubes. Setting those aside, she then cracked open the Acorns to get at the soft flesh inside. Then Snickerdoodle chopped up the Golden Peppers and Wild Onions into square slices. She slid the meat, fish, nuts, and vegetables onto bamboo skewers, and then brushed the shish kabobs with Vegetable Oil. Snickerdoodle then fired up a charcoal grill and grilled them until the meat and fish were fully cooked.

"Shish kabobs, ready to eat!" she said to the waiting judge, holding out a shish kabob for him to try.
Na5WGHa.png
@RubieKanary

Gladys looks across the station and notices how flustered Roxy is, and...oh, to heck with it; she just can't help herself.
Nothing like a worked up young skydancer to send her parental instincts off the charts.

"Roxy! Could you come over here, pumpkin? I'm sure Reggie has things under control over there!"

She's ladling some of the Ukha into a bowl, trying to pick more veggies than seafood and turkey.
@RubieKanary

Gladys looks across the station and notices how flustered Roxy is, and...oh, to heck with it; she just can't help herself.
Nothing like a worked up young skydancer to send her parental instincts off the charts.

"Roxy! Could you come over here, pumpkin? I'm sure Reggie has things under control over there!"

She's ladling some of the Ukha into a bowl, trying to pick more veggies than seafood and turkey.
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
[center][b]Monday: In Which Nina Tries Again[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46484245][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/464843/46484245.png[/img][/url][/center] Nina had spent the the rest of yesterday diligently reading through a pile of cookbooks in hopes that it might improve her knowledge of the situation. She eventually resolved to make a stew. Stews were easy, right? All you had to do was boil some things together. [center][item=incorporeal dinner][item=wisp fruit][item=blue jelly][/center] She stared at the incorporeal dinner and decided to deal with it first, since it wasn't giving her the courtesy of being particularly solid. She picked it up and tore off wisps of flesh as best as she could before placing it into one of those fancy blender gadgets people liked to use nowadays. It was a shortcut to soup, or so she'd read. But of course, soup apparently needed more than one ingredient. She tossed in some wisp fruit and blue jelly to complement the, uh...flavourless flavour of the incorporeal dinner. [center][item=bountiful fishnet][item=daffodil][item=wild mustard][item=wisp bug][item=acorn][/center] She left the blender working through the soup base as she considered what else to put in. There was an awful lot of fish which needed to be utilized. She shrugged and filleted some with frightening speed before dropping the not-bony bits in with distaste. She decided to temper the fishy flavour with some plants; in went a sprinkle of daffodil and wild mustard. She took the incorporeal slush out of the blender and seasoned it with the desiccated powder of wisp bugs. Finally, she cracked open a handful of acorns with vehemence and ground them into a powder. She added it to thicken the mostly incorporeal stew...it seemed to work. The whole thing did seem to have the correct consistency...she declined to actually taste it herself. And the final touch: microwave on high for [i]three[/i] minutes.
Monday: In Which Nina Tries Again
46484245.png

Nina had spent the the rest of yesterday diligently reading through a pile of cookbooks in hopes that it might improve her knowledge of the situation. She eventually resolved to make a stew. Stews were easy, right? All you had to do was boil some things together.
Incorporeal Dinner Wisp Fruit Blue Jelly

She stared at the incorporeal dinner and decided to deal with it first, since it wasn't giving her the courtesy of being particularly solid. She picked it up and tore off wisps of flesh as best as she could before placing it into one of those fancy blender gadgets people liked to use nowadays. It was a shortcut to soup, or so she'd read. But of course, soup apparently needed more than one ingredient. She tossed in some wisp fruit and blue jelly to complement the, uh...flavourless flavour of the incorporeal dinner.
Bountiful Fishnet Daffodil Wild Mustard Wisp Bug Acorn

She left the blender working through the soup base as she considered what else to put in. There was an awful lot of fish which needed to be utilized. She shrugged and filleted some with frightening speed before dropping the not-bony bits in with distaste. She decided to temper the fishy flavour with some plants; in went a sprinkle of daffodil and wild mustard. She took the incorporeal slush out of the blender and seasoned it with the desiccated powder of wisp bugs. Finally, she cracked open a handful of acorns with vehemence and ground them into a powder. She added it to thicken the mostly incorporeal stew...it seemed to work. The whole thing did seem to have the correct consistency...she declined to actually taste it herself.

And the final touch: microwave on high for three minutes.
JBEajtP.gif
[center][b]Day 2 - Monday[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45633746] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/456338/45633746_350.png[/img] [/url] Pushing back his shoulders, Twentis shook his head, humming a hatchling lullaby to keep his mind occupied. Not letting yesterday phase him, he falls into line to grab today's ingredients. Poultry and seafood? That water-earth culinary class may come in handy after all... [b]Jambalaya[/b] [item=Incorporeal Dinner][item=Bountiful Fishnet][item=Acorn][item=salt][item=Flameweed][item=Wild Onion][item=Quinoa] (Bolded ingredients available in FR) Putting the [b]quinoa[/b] to cook, Twentis took the [b]Flameweed[/b], [b]Salt[/b], some paprika, pepper, dried oregano, and dried thyme he crushed them together, creating a simple, but flavorful spice rub, applying it generously to the [b]Incorporeal Dinner[/b], setting aside the other half for the quinoa. Taking the [b]quinoa[/b] out of the cooker, the Coatl added the grains, more of the spice mixture, diced [b]onion[/b], diced celery, diced bell pepper, diced [b]acorns[/b] and crushed garlic, along with a smashed tomato, sauteing and mixing every so often, scooping it onto a plate once done. Next, he grabbed the [b]Incorporeal Dinner[/b], paying careful attention, as if his thoughts strayed for too long, it may slip through his claws. Cubing it, he put it on the skillet, after reaching a good color, took it off the heat and put it alongside the grains and vegetables. Finally, the fish. Filleting and chopping, a quick sear to the fish in the remaining spices and tomato sauce, Twentis added back in the vegetables, rice, and poultry, adding more sauce, seasoning, and some chicken broth, he covered the pot, letting the mixture simmer. After finished, a quick mix and a garnish of green onion, the simple, homey dish was complete.
Day 2 - Monday

45633746_350.png

Pushing back his shoulders, Twentis shook his head, humming a hatchling lullaby to keep his mind occupied. Not letting yesterday phase him, he falls into line to grab today's ingredients. Poultry and seafood? That water-earth culinary class may come in handy after all...

Jambalaya

Incorporeal Dinner Bountiful Fishnet Acorn Salt Flameweed Wild Onion Quinoa
(Bolded ingredients available in FR)

Putting the quinoa to cook, Twentis took the Flameweed, Salt, some paprika, pepper, dried oregano, and dried thyme he crushed them together, creating a simple, but flavorful spice rub, applying it generously to the Incorporeal Dinner, setting aside the other half for the quinoa. Taking the quinoa out of the cooker, the Coatl added the grains, more of the spice mixture, diced onion, diced celery, diced bell pepper, diced acorns and crushed garlic, along with a smashed tomato, sauteing and mixing every so often, scooping it onto a plate once done. Next, he grabbed the Incorporeal Dinner, paying careful attention, as if his thoughts strayed for too long, it may slip through his claws. Cubing it, he put it on the skillet, after reaching a good color, took it off the heat and put it alongside the grains and vegetables. Finally, the fish. Filleting and chopping, a quick sear to the fish in the remaining spices and tomato sauce, Twentis added back in the vegetables, rice, and poultry, adding more sauce, seasoning, and some chicken broth, he covered the pot, letting the mixture simmer. After finished, a quick mix and a garnish of green onion, the simple, homey dish was complete.
[center]MONDAY - Autumn Roulade [item=Incorporeal Dinner][item=Bountiful Fishnet][item=Acorn] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40783624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407837/40783624_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] "Did someone say autumn?!" Rovigo's ears perked up at the thought of an autumn-inspired dish. There was no aesthetic Rovigo enjoyed more than autumn and the woodsy flavors it brought. This was his type of challenge! He immediately chopped up the acorns into small bits and toasted them over a pit and put them aside. Rovigo then picked some fresh rosemary and elusive hen of the wood mushrooms that only grew in the fall. He then sauteed the mushrooms. He picked off the most juicy meaty parts of the already roasted incorporeal chicken and chopped them up to add with the mushrooms and sliced rosemary spring. Once more he trekked into the deep woods this time to a bog area and came back with some cranberries. He sliced them into slivers so the sour flavor wouldn't overwhelm the savory umami of the mushrooms and mixed them into it. He delicately deheaded, gutted, deskinned, and filleted the fresh white fish and then stuffed it with the mushroom mixture until it was a roll. Using a chicken egg wash, he painted one side of the outside of the fish roll and dipped it into the roasted acorn crumbs. He baked the autumn roulades in an oven he borrowed until fragrant and eagerly awaited judgement. @RubieKanary Rovigo smiled and was glad others found his dish to be at least visually delectable! He thanked Reggi and went to admire his dish.
MONDAY - Autumn Roulade

40783624_350.png

"Did someone say autumn?!" Rovigo's ears perked up at the thought of an autumn-inspired dish. There was no aesthetic Rovigo enjoyed more than autumn and the woodsy flavors it brought. This was his type of challenge! He immediately chopped up the acorns into small bits and toasted them over a pit and put them aside. Rovigo then picked some fresh rosemary and elusive hen of the wood mushrooms that only grew in the fall. He then sauteed the mushrooms. He picked off the most juicy meaty parts of the already roasted incorporeal chicken and chopped them up to add with the mushrooms and sliced rosemary spring. Once more he trekked into the deep woods this time to a bog area and came back with some cranberries. He sliced them into slivers so the sour flavor wouldn't overwhelm the savory umami of the mushrooms and mixed them into it. He delicately deheaded, gutted, deskinned, and filleted the fresh white fish and then stuffed it with the mushroom mixture until it was a roll. Using a chicken egg wash, he painted one side of the outside of the fish roll and dipped it into the roasted acorn crumbs. He baked the autumn roulades in an oven he borrowed until fragrant and eagerly awaited judgement.

@RubieKanary Rovigo smiled and was glad others found his dish to be at least visually delectable! He thanked Reggi and went to admire his dish.
'blue smedium banner
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28