Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals-Closed!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41425271] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414253/41425271_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=greenpod bloom][item=Frosted Violets][item=Fragrant Orchid][item=paradise seeds][item=strawberry][item=spinach] Bellatrix decides to keep it simple and make a nice salad. She peels the petals of the greenpod bloom apart and places it in a bowl with some spinach. Then she slices some sweet strawberries and adds them to the mixing bowl along with a generous amount of paradise seeds and feta cheese. She mixes the ingredients together and carefully places the beautiful frosted violets and fragrant orchids on top. She finishes by drizzling the salad with a balsamic glaze.

41425271_350.png

Greenpod Bloom Frosted Violets Fragrant Orchid Paradise Seeds Strawberry Spinach
Bellatrix decides to keep it simple and make a nice salad. She peels the petals of the greenpod bloom apart and places it in a bowl with some spinach. Then she slices some sweet strawberries and adds them to the mixing bowl along with a generous amount of paradise seeds and feta cheese. She mixes the ingredients together and carefully places the beautiful frosted violets and fragrant orchids on top. She finishes by drizzling the salad with a balsamic glaze.

MkWutJD.png
((Last judging post of the night and a quick reminder to everyone that may be posting after this that entries ARE accepted after rollover! The next entry will be up when I get up (idealy no later than 5FRT) and I'll have an announcement in the thread with the daily ping to indicate the cut off for Sunday's entries.)) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38225245] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/382253/38225245_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @AshuriiAkemi Tonraq grimaced when he sampled Prydwen's dish. "Too sweet," he told her by way of explination, "Much much [i]much[/i] too sweet. You probably should have stuck with just the candied violets or the mint syrup but not both." Then again she was a Spiral. Did Spirals have a sweettooth? Did this contribute to their natural hyper tendencies? That...was possibly something to look into for future research. @MythicalViper Tonraq enjoyed a good tea. It was all around good for you both in physical and mental health. It was probably one of the few things he'd claim to have an expertise on in the kitchen, though he didn't care enough about that to try and fight with Syrah over it. And the green tea he was served was very nice. That part of the entry he polished down no questions asked. The buns however? "You have a skilled baker in your clan. The buns are lovely but the flower paste is too much. Another entry that overkilled on the sweet." @Hikaruna After such a plesant cup of tea Tonraq was delighted to have another one come up right afterwards. Though he was perhaps a little too eager. He took a large, eager mouthful, and ended up coughing almost immediately. While the scent of the fragrant orchid wasn't noticible right away, it's taste was and it had almost overpowered the taste of the other two flowers in the mix. @JinxMoonstone Despite finishing off last year with a resounding success, Chess wasn't starting off this year all too well. Though then again, with the terribly subjective judging standards Tonraq was using for this round, it might not have been a great assessment of his skill. "Several contestants have been doing candied violets, and when done right those are good. Candied greenpods though? Can't say I like the flavor of how those worked out. And while I'd normaly like the idea of bees in my food, having a crunch in the cake itself isn't doing it for me. I think they would have been nicer incorporated into the frosting somehow." @razzamatazz Tonraq was surprised that he rather enjoyed the addition of the strawberries to Bellatrix's salad. There was veggie salad and fruit salad but mixing them together? Pleasantly surprising. "Can't say I'm a fan of the balsamic glaze though," he said, eating a bite that had less of the dressing on it. "I know it's a common pairing with this sort of dish, but something about yours just seems too strong and acidic. Maybe diluting it a bit down might have helped."
((Last judging post of the night and a quick reminder to everyone that may be posting after this that entries ARE accepted after rollover! The next entry will be up when I get up (idealy no later than 5FRT) and I'll have an announcement in the thread with the daily ping to indicate the cut off for Sunday's entries.))

@AshuriiAkemi

Tonraq grimaced when he sampled Prydwen's dish. "Too sweet," he told her by way of explination, "Much much much too sweet. You probably should have stuck with just the candied violets or the mint syrup but not both."

Then again she was a Spiral. Did Spirals have a sweettooth? Did this contribute to their natural hyper tendencies?

That...was possibly something to look into for future research.

@MythicalViper

Tonraq enjoyed a good tea. It was all around good for you both in physical and mental health. It was probably one of the few things he'd claim to have an expertise on in the kitchen, though he didn't care enough about that to try and fight with Syrah over it.

And the green tea he was served was very nice. That part of the entry he polished down no questions asked. The buns however?

"You have a skilled baker in your clan. The buns are lovely but the flower paste is too much. Another entry that overkilled on the sweet."

@Hikaruna

After such a plesant cup of tea Tonraq was delighted to have another one come up right afterwards. Though he was perhaps a little too eager. He took a large, eager mouthful, and ended up coughing almost immediately. While the scent of the fragrant orchid wasn't noticible right away, it's taste was and it had almost overpowered the taste of the other two flowers in the mix.

@JinxMoonstone

Despite finishing off last year with a resounding success, Chess wasn't starting off this year all too well. Though then again, with the terribly subjective judging standards Tonraq was using for this round, it might not have been a great assessment of his skill.

"Several contestants have been doing candied violets, and when done right those are good. Candied greenpods though? Can't say I like the flavor of how those worked out. And while I'd normaly like the idea of bees in my food, having a crunch in the cake itself isn't doing it for me. I think they would have been nicer incorporated into the frosting somehow."

@razzamatazz

Tonraq was surprised that he rather enjoyed the addition of the strawberries to Bellatrix's salad. There was veggie salad and fruit salad but mixing them together? Pleasantly surprising.

"Can't say I'm a fan of the balsamic glaze though," he said, eating a bite that had less of the dressing on it. "I know it's a common pairing with this sort of dish, but something about yours just seems too strong and acidic. Maybe diluting it a bit down might have helped."
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][b]Day 1[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18075765] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180758/18075765_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=Greenpod Bloom][item=Frosted Violets][item=Fragrant Orchid][item=granny smith apple][item=fir branch] Blossom smiled at the flowers. "Ah, lovely flowers indeed! And each with with their own herbal benefits," the happy herbalist said with a smile. "I think I'm going to use to them to make... tea. Yes, fresh, homemade tea with a nice Frosted Violet finish would be perfect! Especially with allergies running rampant right now... Anywho!" She hummed as she filled a pot with water, putting it over the heater to bring it to a nice simmer. Carefully measuring out the ingredients, she put in the Fir Branch, Greenpod Bloom, and a bit of Fragrant Orchid. Once the pot was bubbling, she added in slices of Granny Smith Apples to balance powerful scent of the Orchids. Once the tea was finished and poured into teacups, she added the Violets as a counterly cold danish to be munched on the side. "Viola! Simple, easy, and good for sinuses." She said with a bright smile. (I'd love to be added to the Pinglist, please! And no, I have no idea how to make real tea - okay... maybe a little bit, but I've never been much a tea person - so... I tried. :P)
Day 1

18075765_350.png

Greenpod Bloom Frosted Violets Fragrant Orchid Granny Smith Apple Fir Branch
Blossom smiled at the flowers. "Ah, lovely flowers indeed! And each with with their own herbal benefits," the happy herbalist said with a smile.

"I think I'm going to use to them to make... tea. Yes, fresh, homemade tea with a nice Frosted Violet finish would be perfect! Especially with allergies running rampant right now... Anywho!" She hummed as she filled a pot with water, putting it over the heater to bring it to a nice simmer.

Carefully measuring out the ingredients, she put in the Fir Branch, Greenpod Bloom, and a bit of Fragrant Orchid. Once the pot was bubbling, she added in slices of Granny Smith Apples to balance powerful scent of the Orchids. Once the tea was finished and poured into teacups, she added the Violets as a counterly cold danish to be munched on the side.

"Viola! Simple, easy, and good for sinuses." She said with a bright smile.

(I'd love to be added to the Pinglist, please! And no, I have no idea how to make real tea - okay... maybe a little bit, but I've never been much a tea person - so... I tried. :P)
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25418118] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/254182/25418118_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Carnelian waits patiently for her turn to collect today's ingredients. "Oof! Those orchids are a little whiffy," she cheerfully complains as she carries off her bundle of flowers to her cooking station. "Hmm, and frosted violets [i]and[/i] greenpod blooms? We'll have to be a little creative, won't we. Well, I think I can make do!" First, she toasts the greenpods over a low fire, until they crack and bloom, then the steaming flowers are gently dunked in cold water to keep them from wilting. The orchids are carefully cut and plucked apart: she rinses the petals, leaves, and stems in the same cold water to remove the stench, and discards the remaining pieces. Now, Carnelian dips into the other ingredients on offer. She takes a bundle of dandelions, carefully trimming the heads from the stems, then moves on to cutting microgoat cheese into thin slices, humming all the while. After that, she pours a little vinegar and oil into her mixing bowl, and adds the flower pieces and cheese, as well as the petals from the greenpod blooms. The nutty bases of each bloom are added too. This mixture is drained, and carefully scooped out onto slices of thick, hearty bread. Each sandwich is topped with a sprinkling of cool frosted violet petals before the top slice of bread is added. "Tada! Well, I think you'll all like this," Carnelian says, proudly carrying her tray of spring garden sandwiches to the judging table. "A little nutty, a little peppery, perfectly cool and fresh. A lovely sandwich for a spring picnic, if I do say so myself."

Carnelian waits patiently for her turn to collect today's ingredients. "Oof! Those orchids are a little whiffy," she cheerfully complains as she carries off her bundle of flowers to her cooking station. "Hmm, and frosted violets and greenpod blooms? We'll have to be a little creative, won't we. Well, I think I can make do!"

First, she toasts the greenpods over a low fire, until they crack and bloom, then the steaming flowers are gently dunked in cold water to keep them from wilting. The orchids are carefully cut and plucked apart: she rinses the petals, leaves, and stems in the same cold water to remove the stench, and discards the remaining pieces.

Now, Carnelian dips into the other ingredients on offer. She takes a bundle of dandelions, carefully trimming the heads from the stems, then moves on to cutting microgoat cheese into thin slices, humming all the while. After that, she pours a little vinegar and oil into her mixing bowl, and adds the flower pieces and cheese, as well as the petals from the greenpod blooms. The nutty bases of each bloom are added too.

This mixture is drained, and carefully scooped out onto slices of thick, hearty bread. Each sandwich is topped with a sprinkling of cool frosted violet petals before the top slice of bread is added. "Tada! Well, I think you'll all like this," Carnelian says, proudly carrying her tray of spring garden sandwiches to the judging table. "A little nutty, a little peppery, perfectly cool and fresh. A lovely sandwich for a spring picnic, if I do say so myself."
event-sig-small-4.png
@Eialyne Would love to be added to the pinglist for this! Here's hoping my clan has better luck than last year xD [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50097736] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500978/50097736_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50097738] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/500978/50097738_350.png[/img] [/url] Badalle and Cordelia both stared quizzically down at the ingredients within their basket, one sibling's crest visibly wilting while the other's perked in curiosity. They'd been drawn to the tent by the delicious smells wafting from within, but neither of them had expected to be roped into an impromptu cooking contest when they had been trying to enjoy the Jamboree. They'd heard rumors about it from some of their clan members before this- how much of a disaster the first days of the cooking competition had been, but how they'd managed to come through in the final days- and had been curious about it, yes, but actually finding themselves a part of it was a bit bewildering. And the ingredients were even more so. "How are we supposed to make a good dish out of [i]flowers[/i]?" Badalle moaned, her crest visibly wilting. "Why couldn't we have gotten [i]actual[/i] food? You know, something that vaguely resembles a dish! Maybe even a recipe of some kind! I didn't expect to be flying blind throughout this entire thing!" "Oh, hush. We can probably still salvage this," Cordelia said, pulling out a reference book that she had brought and flipping through it in an attempt to find relevant information on the ingredients. "There were even stranger ingredients last year, and other dragons managed to do just fine with them. We just have to find the relevant information on the ingredients and prepare them accordingly." Ignoring the rather bewildered glances that her sister was sending her, Cordelia flipped through the book until she found the plant section, quickly skimming through the pages related to the flowers placed before them. "Right. Greenpod Blooms, good when slow-cooked over a fire. Maybe some kind of grilled dish. Frosted Violets, served best when chilled. Fragrant Orchid....smells like rotting meat. Anything we do with those will need to disguise the odor somehow." A thoughtful expression crossed the more colorful sibling's face as she pondered over the information she was presented with, but after a few more minutes she noticeably brightened, her crests flaring in excitement. "I got it! We're going to make [i]two[/i] dishes." "What? We don't even have the materials needed to-" Badalle began, but a shushing wing placed over her mouth quickly silenced her. "We're allowed to use other ingredients, and I have a good idea for all of them. We're going to make a salad out of the orchids and the greenpods, and an ice cream out of the violets. We'll add some berries to the salad for flavor...or I will, at least. You can be in charge of the ice cream. That should be simple enough for you." Ignoring the irritated flick of a tail that she got to the side of her face for that remark, Cordelia quickly set to work on the salad portion of the dish. Taking as generous of a pawful as she could of the [b]Greenpod Blooms[/b], the small Fae set to work roasting them evenly in a small pan upon the stove, humming to herself as she was careful to regulate the fire charms placed underneath it so that none of the flowers would be burnt or have their flavor sacrificed in order to complete the dish. After checking to ensure that the blooms were evenly roasted, she set to work dicing them up into smaller pieces, adding them to a larger mixing bowl before turning to other ingredients that she could blend together into a salad. Gathering some [b]nuts[/b], [b]mushrooms[/b], [b]dried berries[/b], [b]cucumbers[/b], and [b]onions[/b], Cordelia set them upon her small work table, beaming down at the vibrant mix before setting to work. The cucumber was sliced into thin portions, while the onion was deftly peeled and cut into slices- finally, something her small hands were actually [i]useful[/i] at! The mushrooms were deftly sliced in half, and then all of the ingredients were tossed together into the bowl that she had procured, using a large fork that she had found to toss the ingredients together until they resembled a salad of sorts. The Fae female quickly plated a small portion of the salad for the judges to taste before turning back to her work station. Now for the dressing- but she'd need to hide the disgusting stench of those orchids! Cordelia felt confident that she could safely make a dressing out of them- with some modifications, of course. Grabbing the [b]Fragrant Orchids[/b], some [b]olive oil[/b], [b]lemon juice[/b], [b]sea salt[/b], [b]black pepper[/b] and [b]minced garlic[/b], Cordelia carefully blended the ingredients together using a small device from Lightning territory that had been provided- honestly, the ingenuity of the dragons that hailed from the Shifting Expanse would never cease to amaze her- before carefully tipping the device over to drizzle the mixture evenly onto the salad, chirping happily at the appetizing sight before zooming over to check on her sister. Meanwhile, Badalle had grabbed the [b]Frosted Violets[/b], in addition to [b]milk[/b], [b]sugar[/b], [b]eggs[/b], [b]double cream[/b], [b]icing sugar[/b], and some [b]assorted nuts[/b] to make the ice cream necessary. She didn't place the violets in the mixture, but set some aside for what she had in mind for later, setting to work on the ice cream first. Pouring milk and a small amount of the sugar into a sauce pan, she heated it gently, watching with a careful eye to make sure that the mixture wasn't brought to the boiling point before removing it from the stovetop to cool. Pulling out a large bowl full of ice in preparation for the following steps, Badalle cracked the eggs open and deposited the yolks into a small bowl, whisking them and the rest of the sugar together while pouring the hot milk mixture onto them at regular intervals. She didn't want the eggs to completely come apart because of the heat, after all, or it would ruin the entire integrity of the dish that she had in mind. The mixture was poured back into the pan and heated again, the Fae making sure to stir it so that it wouldn't curdle before taking it off the stove after a few more minutes. Adding a bit of [b]rose water[/b] to the mixture- turns out her slight love of the blue roses that grew around their clan's home had come in handy, for she'd been able to convince Hineani to allow her to strain some water from the delicate blooms- she whisked gently until there were no lumps within the mix and it took on the hue of the blossoms that she loved so much, which was then dumped into a sieve to remove any remaining lumps and into the bowl of ice which had been kept cool by one of the Ice charms carried with her. The double cream was mixed with the icing sugar then, before being placed into a tray to freeze- and luckily, with the help of the charms that had so graciously been provided, the process only took a few minutes compared to the hours that normally would have been dedicated to it. Pouring the creamy mixture into one of the devices that had been set up as a makeshift ice cream maker, Badalle broke the frozen cream into small chunks, watching to ensure that the custard was freezing before removing it from the machine as soon as she deemed it satisfactory. Folding in the chunks and the nuts, the mixture was quickly frozen again before being plated into several small bowls, while Badalle then turned her attention to the orchid blooms she'd placed aside. Several of the contestants had included the orchids in the dish itself, but she wanted to try a different approach- one that would surely gain the appreciation of the judges for its creativity, if nothing else. Grabbing the blooms, along with [b]meringue powder[/b] and [b]sugar[/b], the Fae female set to work. Taking a small cup and filling it with fresh water, Badalle dropped the powder in to dissolve, gathering cups of sugar carefully before taking the orchids and gently placing them upon a small cooking sheet in order to catch any of the excess water. Grabbing a small brush that was placed within the utensil rack closest to her, Badalle carefully dunked it into the mixture of water and meringue, taking care to brush the mixture carefully over the surface of the orchids. The sugar was then carefully sprinkled over the flowers as well, the excess carefully shaken off before a carefully crafted fire charm was added to the blooms in order to dry them and make the mixture set. Gathering them in her claws, Badalle carefully placed three of the flowers each around the different bowls of ice cream, giving the dish a garnish that was just as edible as the rest of it. "Wow, that looks great, Badalle!" Cordelia exclaimed as she zoomed over, her eyes brightening. "Although...a lot of people had the same idea as us, it seems. Do you think it'll win over the judges?" "Anything is possible," Badalle said mildly, absent-mindedly shaking the excess sugar off of her claws. "I didn't use the orchids as part of the dish itself, for example, so I'll probably get points for creativity if nothing else. And if it [i]doesn't[/i] work out, it's their own fault for giving us such ridiculous ingredients!" "Don't be such a downer, Bada," Cordelia groaned, rolling her eyes. "Come on, let's get these plated and to the judges." The Fae siblings were quick to gather their respective dishes and zoom forward to the judging table, presenting them with a flourish. "Greenpod Bloom Salad with Fragrant Orchid dressing," said Cordelia, beaming brightly. "Blue Rose ice cream with Candied Frosted Violets," said Badalle, tossing her head somewhat vainly. "I can assure you that it will surpass your expectations." (Recipes are based off of ones that I managed to snag online, just modified slightly for Flight Rising purposes! I'm gonna love if Badalle gets put in her place, lmao)
@Eialyne Would love to be added to the pinglist for this! Here's hoping my clan has better luck than last year xD

50097736_350.png

50097738_350.png

Badalle and Cordelia both stared quizzically down at the ingredients within their basket, one sibling's crest visibly wilting while the other's perked in curiosity. They'd been drawn to the tent by the delicious smells wafting from within, but neither of them had expected to be roped into an impromptu cooking contest when they had been trying to enjoy the Jamboree. They'd heard rumors about it from some of their clan members before this- how much of a disaster the first days of the cooking competition had been, but how they'd managed to come through in the final days- and had been curious about it, yes, but actually finding themselves a part of it was a bit bewildering. And the ingredients were even more so.

"How are we supposed to make a good dish out of flowers?" Badalle moaned, her crest visibly wilting. "Why couldn't we have gotten actual food? You know, something that vaguely resembles a dish! Maybe even a recipe of some kind! I didn't expect to be flying blind throughout this entire thing!"

"Oh, hush. We can probably still salvage this," Cordelia said, pulling out a reference book that she had brought and flipping through it in an attempt to find relevant information on the ingredients. "There were even stranger ingredients last year, and other dragons managed to do just fine with them. We just have to find the relevant information on the ingredients and prepare them accordingly." Ignoring the rather bewildered glances that her sister was sending her, Cordelia flipped through the book until she found the plant section, quickly skimming through the pages related to the flowers placed before them. "Right. Greenpod Blooms, good when slow-cooked over a fire. Maybe some kind of grilled dish. Frosted Violets, served best when chilled. Fragrant Orchid....smells like rotting meat. Anything we do with those will need to disguise the odor somehow." A thoughtful expression crossed the more colorful sibling's face as she pondered over the information she was presented with, but after a few more minutes she noticeably brightened, her crests flaring in excitement. "I got it! We're going to make two dishes."

"What? We don't even have the materials needed to-" Badalle began, but a shushing wing placed over her mouth quickly silenced her.

"We're allowed to use other ingredients, and I have a good idea for all of them. We're going to make a salad out of the orchids and the greenpods, and an ice cream out of the violets. We'll add some berries to the salad for flavor...or I will, at least. You can be in charge of the ice cream. That should be simple enough for you."

Ignoring the irritated flick of a tail that she got to the side of her face for that remark, Cordelia quickly set to work on the salad portion of the dish. Taking as generous of a pawful as she could of the Greenpod Blooms, the small Fae set to work roasting them evenly in a small pan upon the stove, humming to herself as she was careful to regulate the fire charms placed underneath it so that none of the flowers would be burnt or have their flavor sacrificed in order to complete the dish. After checking to ensure that the blooms were evenly roasted, she set to work dicing them up into smaller pieces, adding them to a larger mixing bowl before turning to other ingredients that she could blend together into a salad. Gathering some nuts, mushrooms, dried berries, cucumbers, and onions, Cordelia set them upon her small work table, beaming down at the vibrant mix before setting to work. The cucumber was sliced into thin portions, while the onion was deftly peeled and cut into slices- finally, something her small hands were actually useful at!

The mushrooms were deftly sliced in half, and then all of the ingredients were tossed together into the bowl that she had procured, using a large fork that she had found to toss the ingredients together until they resembled a salad of sorts. The Fae female quickly plated a small portion of the salad for the judges to taste before turning back to her work station. Now for the dressing- but she'd need to hide the disgusting stench of those orchids! Cordelia felt confident that she could safely make a dressing out of them- with some modifications, of course. Grabbing the Fragrant Orchids, some olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper and minced garlic, Cordelia carefully blended the ingredients together using a small device from Lightning territory that had been provided- honestly, the ingenuity of the dragons that hailed from the Shifting Expanse would never cease to amaze her- before carefully tipping the device over to drizzle the mixture evenly onto the salad, chirping happily at the appetizing sight before zooming over to check on her sister.

Meanwhile, Badalle had grabbed the Frosted Violets, in addition to milk, sugar, eggs, double cream, icing sugar, and some assorted nuts to make the ice cream necessary. She didn't place the violets in the mixture, but set some aside for what she had in mind for later, setting to work on the ice cream first. Pouring milk and a small amount of the sugar into a sauce pan, she heated it gently, watching with a careful eye to make sure that the mixture wasn't brought to the boiling point before removing it from the stovetop to cool. Pulling out a large bowl full of ice in preparation for the following steps, Badalle cracked the eggs open and deposited the yolks into a small bowl, whisking them and the rest of the sugar together while pouring the hot milk mixture onto them at regular intervals. She didn't want the eggs to completely come apart because of the heat, after all, or it would ruin the entire integrity of the dish that she had in mind.

The mixture was poured back into the pan and heated again, the Fae making sure to stir it so that it wouldn't curdle before taking it off the stove after a few more minutes. Adding a bit of rose water to the mixture- turns out her slight love of the blue roses that grew around their clan's home had come in handy, for she'd been able to convince Hineani to allow her to strain some water from the delicate blooms- she whisked gently until there were no lumps within the mix and it took on the hue of the blossoms that she loved so much, which was then dumped into a sieve to remove any remaining lumps and into the bowl of ice which had been kept cool by one of the Ice charms carried with her. The double cream was mixed with the icing sugar then, before being placed into a tray to freeze- and luckily, with the help of the charms that had so graciously been provided, the process only took a few minutes compared to the hours that normally would have been dedicated to it. Pouring the creamy mixture into one of the devices that had been set up as a makeshift ice cream maker, Badalle broke the frozen cream into small chunks, watching to ensure that the custard was freezing before removing it from the machine as soon as she deemed it satisfactory.

Folding in the chunks and the nuts, the mixture was quickly frozen again before being plated into several small bowls, while Badalle then turned her attention to the orchid blooms she'd placed aside. Several of the contestants had included the orchids in the dish itself, but she wanted to try a different approach- one that would surely gain the appreciation of the judges for its creativity, if nothing else. Grabbing the blooms, along with meringue powder and sugar, the Fae female set to work. Taking a small cup and filling it with fresh water, Badalle dropped the powder in to dissolve, gathering cups of sugar carefully before taking the orchids and gently placing them upon a small cooking sheet in order to catch any of the excess water. Grabbing a small brush that was placed within the utensil rack closest to her, Badalle carefully dunked it into the mixture of water and meringue, taking care to brush the mixture carefully over the surface of the orchids. The sugar was then carefully sprinkled over the flowers as well, the excess carefully shaken off before a carefully crafted fire charm was added to the blooms in order to dry them and make the mixture set. Gathering them in her claws, Badalle carefully placed three of the flowers each around the different bowls of ice cream, giving the dish a garnish that was just as edible as the rest of it.

"Wow, that looks great, Badalle!" Cordelia exclaimed as she zoomed over, her eyes brightening. "Although...a lot of people had the same idea as us, it seems. Do you think it'll win over the judges?"

"Anything is possible," Badalle said mildly, absent-mindedly shaking the excess sugar off of her claws. "I didn't use the orchids as part of the dish itself, for example, so I'll probably get points for creativity if nothing else. And if it doesn't work out, it's their own fault for giving us such ridiculous ingredients!"

"Don't be such a downer, Bada," Cordelia groaned, rolling her eyes. "Come on, let's get these plated and to the judges."

The Fae siblings were quick to gather their respective dishes and zoom forward to the judging table, presenting them with a flourish.

"Greenpod Bloom Salad with Fragrant Orchid dressing," said Cordelia, beaming brightly.

"Blue Rose ice cream with Candied Frosted Violets," said Badalle, tossing her head somewhat vainly. "I can assure you that it will surpass your expectations."

(Recipes are based off of ones that I managed to snag online, just modified slightly for Flight Rising purposes! I'm gonna love if Badalle gets put in her place, lmao)

6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
[center][b]Sunday[/b] [Url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49362613] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493627/49362613_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Diana looked down at the ingredient list. She had thought that this would be a laidback challenge but she was now freezing up before even trying to make a dish. She took a deep breath in before exhaling her stress. Determined, she grabbed some [b]Greenpod Blossoms[/b] that were still curled up on her ingredients table. They would be the main ingredient. Slowly, so the pods didn't open, she heated them up in a pan. Diana then quickly added some [b]Fragrant Orchid [/b]to flavor the pods. The smell of rotting meat wouldn't disappear entirely but she could lean into the taste with some Diseased Fungi and Flameweed to balance it out. When the pods were finally cooked she plated them with crisp [b]Frosted Violets [/b]as decoration. The pre-frosted flowers would add a crispy component to her soft, steaming entrée. Hopefully none of the ingredients would overpower the others.
Sunday

49362613_350.png
Diana looked down at the ingredient list. She had thought that this would be a laidback challenge but she was now freezing up before even trying to make a dish. She took a deep breath in before exhaling her stress. Determined, she grabbed some Greenpod Blossoms that were still curled up on her ingredients table. They would be the main ingredient.

Slowly, so the pods didn't open, she heated them up in a pan. Diana then quickly added some Fragrant Orchid to flavor the pods. The smell of rotting meat wouldn't disappear entirely but she could lean into the taste with some Diseased Fungi and Flameweed to balance it out.

When the pods were finally cooked she plated them with crisp Frosted Violets as decoration. The pre-frosted flowers would add a crispy component to her soft, steaming entrée. Hopefully none of the ingredients would overpower the others.
tumblr_nxdfodsac01ukywbko5_100.pngXBhgPWa.gif2OTuj7X.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20420418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204205/20420418_350.png[/img] [/url] Calantha arrives to the judging station with a pristine white rectangular platter on which are arranged three smallish mounds of food. The colors of the foods create a gradient from Spring green to a medium blue (or perhaps the other way around). She glances around briefly as if looking for someone then with the slightest of shrugs she squares her shoulders and faces Tonraq and Verismo. "Hello judges and thank you for providing me the opportunity to cook for you today" she says in her characteristic soft raspy voice. "Please allow me to offer you my [u]Ombre Cold Tapas Tray[/u]." "My presentation today begins with [b]Frosted Violets[/b] -- chilled of course -- paired with chilled poached fillets of Black Diamond Stingray which are mild enough not to overpower the delicate violets." [item=Frosted Violets] [item=Black Diamond Stingray] "Next I chilled [b]Fragrant Orchid[/b]s to mask their stench and paired them with a mix of Honeycomb Fragments and Blue Honeycomb to offset their disagreeable aroma and enhance their mint-green color." [item=Fragrant Orchid] [item=Honeycomb Fragment] [item=Blue Honeycomb] "Finally I prepared [b]Greenpod Bloom[/b]s by slow-roasting them both to make their petal-like layers 'bloom' and to gild their natural warm-green hue and then chilled them; they are paired with buttery golden-green chilled grilled Jungle Mantises." [item=Greenpod Bloom] [item=Jungle Mantis] "In addition to the disparate ingredients I just mentioned I also used one additional herb to season all three plates for a unified theme. See if you can guess my secret ingredient! I'll give you one hint: it's green." With a bow Calantha sets down her tray and steps back to await Tonraq's assessment... {{Please add me to the daily pinglist as well! Thanks so much for hosting this massive mealtime undertaking!}}

20420418_350.png

Calantha arrives to the judging station with a pristine white rectangular platter on which are arranged three smallish mounds of food. The colors of the foods create a gradient from Spring green to a medium blue (or perhaps the other way around). She glances around briefly as if looking for someone then with the slightest of shrugs she squares her shoulders and faces Tonraq and Verismo.

"Hello judges and thank you for providing me the opportunity to cook for you today" she says in her characteristic soft raspy voice. "Please allow me to offer you my Ombre Cold Tapas Tray."

"My presentation today begins with Frosted Violets -- chilled of course -- paired with chilled poached fillets of Black Diamond Stingray which are mild enough not to overpower the delicate violets."
Frosted Violets Black Diamond Stingray
"Next I chilled Fragrant Orchids to mask their stench and paired them with a mix of Honeycomb Fragments and Blue Honeycomb to offset their disagreeable aroma and enhance their mint-green color."
Fragrant Orchid Honeycomb Fragment Blue Honeycomb
"Finally I prepared Greenpod Blooms by slow-roasting them both to make their petal-like layers 'bloom' and to gild their natural warm-green hue and then chilled them; they are paired with buttery golden-green chilled grilled Jungle Mantises."
Greenpod Bloom Jungle Mantis

"In addition to the disparate ingredients I just mentioned I also used one additional herb to season all three plates for a unified theme. See if you can guess my secret ingredient! I'll give you one hint: it's green."

With a bow Calantha sets down her tray and steps back to await Tonraq's assessment...

{{Please add me to the daily pinglist as well! Thanks so much for hosting this massive mealtime undertaking!}}
Come chat about music! TmYwlC4.png Accessible Coli NOW!
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3133450][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/31335/3133450.png[/img][/url] , with help from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32077425][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/320775/32077425.png[/img][/url][/center] This was not Knightley's first time in the Mistral Jamboree cooking competition. But after last year's strange ingredients he decided to come prepared! "I don't even know who Sue Chef is, uncle! How am I supposed to pretend to be her?" fretted Clara after the judge had nodded their approval of his "assistant." In truth Clara was a promising young assistant librarian but had all the cooking skills of a brick. But she was an Imperial and an adolescent, which meant she was capable of eating just about anything. When he saw -- and smelled! -- the pile of unappetizing plants that he was supposed to turn into a meal, he knew he was right to bring her along. [center]* * *[/center] "Oh Em Gee if you hold your nose this one tastes exactly like meat!" says Clara, tasting the orchid. "You should make plant-burgers, see if your family can tell the difference!" "Clara, I can't give plant-burgers to a pack of carnivores, we'd all end up with stomach cramps," Knightley says absently, frowning at their host. The organizers wouldn't set a Nocture to judge vegetarian dishes ... would they? Or was that the challenge? "Little one, you just gave me an idea." [center]* * *[/center] Since Clara is unbothered by the rotten-meat scent, she is set to slicing the orchids and carefully soaking them in vinegar to remove as much of the scent as possible. Knightley also keeps her busy sorting out the perfect-looking violets and ripping the others into a pile of petals while he gathers the ingredients and starts cooking. [center][item=ashfall prickler][item=honeycomb][item=frosted violets][item=cinnamon][item=winterwatcher's arctic bags] [b]Sweet and Spicy Sauce[/b][/center] Add the spices, flower petals, and shelled Greenpod seeds into a pan and toast on high heat until brown. Then mix in honey, melted chocolate and the juice from an ashfall prickler. Let the mixture simmer until it thickens. [center][item=searing bunny][item=fragrant orchid] [b]Turf and Garden[/b][/center] Slice the rabbit meat into strips and saute in oil. Add the orchid at the very end as they take less time to cook. Pour the sauce over both. Clara munches one of each. "Delicious -- I mean, I'm not sure, I'll need to try another one." "You did eat breakfast today, right?" "Um...I was kind of in a hurry..." [center][item=sugary prickleaf][item=frosted violets][item=minty jadevine] [b]Spring Sorbet[/b][/center] In a blender, mix all the ingredients and ice. "Is it too sweet?" he asks. "No, it's very delicate. The mint is a good touch. You sure you don't want some?" "Flowers and leaves? No thanks." "Can I have some more of that chocolate rabbit stuff?" "Clara, go back to the fair and get something to eat before you destroy our competition entry!" [center]* * *[/center] The two dragons bow to the judge approaching their table. "We would like to present," said Knightley, "a meal of contrasting seasons: heat and ice, firey and sweet, vegetable and animal." A large iron serving dish sits on a small warming flame. Strips of seared jackalope and [b]fragrant orchid[/b] are covered in a sauce that smells sweet, spicy, and chocolatey. The two "meats" are laid out on different sides of the dish, so a vegetarian or carnivore can grab their preference treat without difficulty. [b]Greenpod blooms[/b] circle the edge of the dish. They have been added at just the right moment so that the colorful petals emerge from the seeds as the judge watches. Next to this dish is a shallow crystal bowl filled with a violet mint sorbet. A few perfect [b]frosted violets[/b] sit on top of the ice, their petals dusted with powdered sugar. ((Could I be added to the ping list please? And no I don't know why Sornieth had thermoses of hot cocoa but no actual chocolate!))
3133450.png , with help from 32077425.png

This was not Knightley's first time in the Mistral Jamboree cooking competition. But after last year's strange ingredients he decided to come prepared!

"I don't even know who Sue Chef is, uncle! How am I supposed to pretend to be her?" fretted Clara after the judge had nodded their approval of his "assistant."

In truth Clara was a promising young assistant librarian but had all the cooking skills of a brick. But she was an Imperial and an adolescent, which meant she was capable of eating just about anything.

When he saw -- and smelled! -- the pile of unappetizing plants that he was supposed to turn into a meal, he knew he was right to bring her along.

"Oh Em Gee if you hold your nose this one tastes exactly like meat!" says Clara, tasting the orchid. "You should make plant-burgers, see if your family can tell the difference!"

"Clara, I can't give plant-burgers to a pack of carnivores, we'd all end up with stomach cramps," Knightley says absently, frowning at their host. The organizers wouldn't set a Nocture to judge vegetarian dishes ... would they? Or was that the challenge?

"Little one, you just gave me an idea."

Since Clara is unbothered by the rotten-meat scent, she is set to slicing the orchids and carefully soaking them in vinegar to remove as much of the scent as possible.

Knightley also keeps her busy sorting out the perfect-looking violets and ripping the others into a pile of petals while he gathers the ingredients and starts cooking.
Ashfall Prickler Frosted Violets Cinnamon Winterwatcher's Arctic Bags
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
Add the spices, flower petals, and shelled Greenpod seeds into a pan and toast on high heat until brown. Then mix in honey, melted chocolate and the juice from an ashfall prickler. Let the mixture simmer until it thickens.
Searing Bunny Fragrant Orchid
Turf and Garden
Slice the rabbit meat into strips and saute in oil. Add the orchid at the very end as they take less time to cook. Pour the sauce over both.

Clara munches one of each. "Delicious -- I mean, I'm not sure, I'll need to try another one."
"You did eat breakfast today, right?"
"Um...I was kind of in a hurry..."
Sugary Prickleaf Frosted Violets Minty Jadevine
Spring Sorbet
In a blender, mix all the ingredients and ice.

"Is it too sweet?" he asks.
"No, it's very delicate. The mint is a good touch. You sure you don't want some?"
"Flowers and leaves? No thanks."
"Can I have some more of that chocolate rabbit stuff?"
"Clara, go back to the fair and get something to eat before you destroy our competition entry!"
The two dragons bow to the judge approaching their table.
"We would like to present," said Knightley, "a meal of contrasting seasons: heat and ice, firey and sweet, vegetable and animal."

A large iron serving dish sits on a small warming flame. Strips of seared jackalope and fragrant orchid are covered in a sauce that smells sweet, spicy, and chocolatey. The two "meats" are laid out on different sides of the dish, so a vegetarian or carnivore can grab their preference treat without difficulty. Greenpod blooms circle the edge of the dish. They have been added at just the right moment so that the colorful petals emerge from the seeds as the judge watches.

Next to this dish is a shallow crystal bowl filled with a violet mint sorbet. A few perfect frosted violets sit on top of the ice, their petals dusted with powdered sugar.

((Could I be added to the ping list please? And no I don't know why Sornieth had thermoses of hot cocoa but no actual chocolate!))
p0MYJUx.gif
Reggi’s expression went from concerned to visibly excited after hearing the judge’s comments.

“Roxy, did you hear that?”

“Shut up.”

“He said it was decent.”

“Don’t talk to me.”

“I told you.” The imperial puffed his chest up, proudly. “I told you I know what I’m doing. It must be the salt. The salt was what did it.”

Roxy wanted to tear all his feathers out.

Before the next challenge, Reggi wanted to check out what the other contestants were up to. Not wanting his brother to get into trouble, Roxy begrudgingly followed him.

@VelveteenVixen

“Ooh, meat!” Reggi went up to their table, eyeing the Gumbo excitedly.

“It’s not meat.” Roxy was quick to hiss at him. “All three of the main ingredients were plants, remember?”

“But it smells like meat.” Reggi argued.

“It’s probably the orchids.” Roxy said. “They smell like meat.”

Reggi was visibly surprised. “Theirs smells so nice!”

“That’s because they weren’t meant to be blended, you dumb arse.” With that, Roxy quickly uttered an apology to the two dragons before pushing his sibling along.

@MarinaQuakenbush

“Spring rolls!” Reggi shouted as he neared the table. He looked at Roxy expectantly. “Mom used to make spring rolls, too!”

Roxy looked at the dish. He liked the smell of it. It smelled like seasoned spices and he quite liked the decoration on it, though he had to push his brother away when he noticed the Imperial actually trying to reach for one of the rolls.

@LordMaroo

“Is… Is that cake?!”

Reggi ran ahead to the table, blinking several more times just to make sure. “It is cake! Leaf cake!”

“Reggi! Don’t be rude!” Roxy hissed at him.

The imperial shrugged. “How does one even make cake with plants?”

Roxy looked at the cake carefully. “They probably used the pods as the base, and got the glaze from the violets.” The Skydancer tried not to stare, but the cake looked nice.

“Oh. I guess you’re right.” Reggi said. “It would be kind of sad if Tundras couldn’t have cake for their hatchdays. The deserve their plant cakes, too.”
Reggi’s expression went from concerned to visibly excited after hearing the judge’s comments.

“Roxy, did you hear that?”

“Shut up.”

“He said it was decent.”

“Don’t talk to me.”

“I told you.” The imperial puffed his chest up, proudly. “I told you I know what I’m doing. It must be the salt. The salt was what did it.”

Roxy wanted to tear all his feathers out.

Before the next challenge, Reggi wanted to check out what the other contestants were up to. Not wanting his brother to get into trouble, Roxy begrudgingly followed him.

@VelveteenVixen

“Ooh, meat!” Reggi went up to their table, eyeing the Gumbo excitedly.

“It’s not meat.” Roxy was quick to hiss at him. “All three of the main ingredients were plants, remember?”

“But it smells like meat.” Reggi argued.

“It’s probably the orchids.” Roxy said. “They smell like meat.”

Reggi was visibly surprised. “Theirs smells so nice!”

“That’s because they weren’t meant to be blended, you dumb arse.” With that, Roxy quickly uttered an apology to the two dragons before pushing his sibling along.

@MarinaQuakenbush

“Spring rolls!” Reggi shouted as he neared the table. He looked at Roxy expectantly. “Mom used to make spring rolls, too!”

Roxy looked at the dish. He liked the smell of it. It smelled like seasoned spices and he quite liked the decoration on it, though he had to push his brother away when he noticed the Imperial actually trying to reach for one of the rolls.

@LordMaroo

“Is… Is that cake?!”

Reggi ran ahead to the table, blinking several more times just to make sure. “It is cake! Leaf cake!”

“Reggi! Don’t be rude!” Roxy hissed at him.

The imperial shrugged. “How does one even make cake with plants?”

Roxy looked at the cake carefully. “They probably used the pods as the base, and got the glaze from the violets.” The Skydancer tried not to stare, but the cake looked nice.

“Oh. I guess you’re right.” Reggi said. “It would be kind of sad if Tundras couldn’t have cake for their hatchdays. The deserve their plant cakes, too.”
u5avu4X.png fWfedcf.png
@RubieKanary

For a wildclaw that's never had hatchlings, Spire's mom instinct takes over pretty fast.
Before Roxy has a chance to drag Reggie away, she ladles them bowls of gumbo and Quinoa.

"Let us know what you think."
Spire has decided that if this goes over well with other contestants, she might try to talk Gladys into letting her keep the recipe. Kafziel and Kame might appreciate something like this since they usually can't enjoy her meat-filled dishes.

She's very unused to people judging the quality of her dishes, but she figures if that means she can make the limited food available in the Aswon Wilds taste even better, it's worth listening. She hasn't survived by being inflexible.
@RubieKanary

For a wildclaw that's never had hatchlings, Spire's mom instinct takes over pretty fast.
Before Roxy has a chance to drag Reggie away, she ladles them bowls of gumbo and Quinoa.

"Let us know what you think."
Spire has decided that if this goes over well with other contestants, she might try to talk Gladys into letting her keep the recipe. Kafziel and Kame might appreciate something like this since they usually can't enjoy her meat-filled dishes.

She's very unused to people judging the quality of her dishes, but she figures if that means she can make the limited food available in the Aswon Wilds taste even better, it's worth listening. She hasn't survived by being inflexible.
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28