Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals-Closed!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
{{ Secret ingredient reveals! }} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20420418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204205/20420418_350.png[/img] [/url] Calantha smiles at Bloodstone once the Coatl finishes speaking -- unable to resist spilling the beans now that her entry has been judged. "Food-safe dyes are a cookery subject many dragons ignore but I feel they are important given how much of our enjoyment of food depends on how it looks. The dark-blue fruit with the inedible exterior which I used today was Red Banana." [item=Red Banana] "I knew the sunfish surimi was a risk but I'm glad you at least enjoyed the rest of the seafood elements..." Calantha trails off as out of the corner of her eye she suddenly spots Syrah -- the judge from the penultimate day of the competition. "If you'll excuse me please Bloodstone" Calantha begins in her quiet raspy voice but it seems Bloodstone didn't hear her and has already moved on to judging another contestant's entry. [i]Well she probably does have many still to judge considering how much earlier I was ready for judging today than usual[/i] the Wildclaw muses as she heads over towards where Syrah is standing facing away from her. As she gets closer she realizes both that Syrah is in conversation with someone else and that that someone is Ursus who was the judge from day five. [i]What luck! [/i]she thinks. [i]Two harpies with one blow! [/i]Syrah seems to be trying to get a word in edgewise but failing as Ursus holds forth. Then the talkative Tundra notices Calantha standing off to the side and pauses long enough for Syrah to get out "I do see what you mean but--" before she too registers Calantha's presence and her mouth falls open silently. Calantha takes advantage of the brief break in the two judges' conversation to say "Syrah I'm so sorry for not getting this to you sooner but here" -- the contestant draws a bundle of something from the herb pouch at her hip -- "I made you this nosegay to wear anytime you think you might encounter (ahem) allergens. It should protect you from their effects though not against contagious illnesses -- that's an old mate's tale. Also you did correctly guess that the fruity element in my Mock Pumpkin Pie was Potash Peach so congratulations!" [item=Potash Peach] She then turns to Ursus. "And I'm pleased to say [i]you[/i] correctly identified the secret ingredient in my paean to cuteness as well -- it was in fact Satin Violets!" [item=Satin Violets] "Now if you two will excuse me I have one more judge to try to track down!" Calantha exclaims. She doesn't really have high hopes for finding Kakigori at this point four days after she passed judgment on Calantha's "finger foods" of crostini, kabobs and porridge; she's started to wonder whether the Skydancer has gone back to her work as a spice merchant and has been absent from the fairgrounds for that reason. Still she searches the area from one side to the other but without turning up any sign of Kakigori. She's about to try to find one of Kakigori's clanmate judges to ask if they might have any ideas when one occurs to her -- Kakigori might be at her clan's lair! A short flight takes her to Wayfarer's Rest where she is confronted by [url= http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6942908]an enormous and somewhat brusque Guardian[/url] who demands to know who she is and what her business is there. "Er -- I --" the always soft-voiced but usually less-tongue-tied Calantha stammers. "I was looking for Kakigori? The spice merchant?" she adds hoping that will mollify the forbidding dragon. She notices that the other female is wearing a Green Birdskull Necklace but does not know its significance within Kakigori's clan. "Well in that case you [i]would [/i]be welcome to stop by her quarters but I happen to know she is sleeping. If you want to leave a note I can give it to her later." The Guardian still does not introduce herself but waits with what seems limited patience while Calantha scrawls out a note: [quote]Hello Kakigori and thank you for helping to make the Mistral Meals competition fun for all involved. I'm glad you enjoyed my entry. Unfortunately I must inform you that the flavor enhancer I used that day was Siltvine (not Salt which I consider an essential nutrient rather than an ingredient). [item=Siltvine] I have been wanting to speak with you further about your work as a spice merchant. While I gather most of the herbs and other ingredients I use in both my herbalist work and my cooking hobby myself there are always some rare ones I have difficulty sourcing. Please drop by my clan or post me a note if you would be interested in working with me in this regard.[/quote] "Thank you" Calantha says simply as she hands over the note to the Guardian who seems ever more eager for Calantha to be on her way. She thinks better of trying any further conversational sallies... {{ I hope you don't mind my having put a few words in your dragons' mouths. Thanks yet again for a hugely fun experience! }}
{{ Secret ingredient reveals! }}

20420418_350.png

Calantha smiles at Bloodstone once the Coatl finishes speaking -- unable to resist spilling the beans now that her entry has been judged. "Food-safe dyes are a cookery subject many dragons ignore but I feel they are important given how much of our enjoyment of food depends on how it looks. The dark-blue fruit with the inedible exterior which I used today was Red Banana."
Red Banana

"I knew the sunfish surimi was a risk but I'm glad you at least enjoyed the rest of the seafood elements..." Calantha trails off as out of the corner of her eye she suddenly spots Syrah -- the judge from the penultimate day of the competition. "If you'll excuse me please Bloodstone" Calantha begins in her quiet raspy voice but it seems Bloodstone didn't hear her and has already moved on to judging another contestant's entry. Well she probably does have many still to judge considering how much earlier I was ready for judging today than usual the Wildclaw muses as she heads over towards where Syrah is standing facing away from her.

As she gets closer she realizes both that Syrah is in conversation with someone else and that that someone is Ursus who was the judge from day five. What luck! she thinks. Two harpies with one blow! Syrah seems to be trying to get a word in edgewise but failing as Ursus holds forth. Then the talkative Tundra notices Calantha standing off to the side and pauses long enough for Syrah to get out "I do see what you mean but--" before she too registers Calantha's presence and her mouth falls open silently.

Calantha takes advantage of the brief break in the two judges' conversation to say "Syrah I'm so sorry for not getting this to you sooner but here" -- the contestant draws a bundle of something from the herb pouch at her hip -- "I made you this nosegay to wear anytime you think you might encounter (ahem) allergens. It should protect you from their effects though not against contagious illnesses -- that's an old mate's tale. Also you did correctly guess that the fruity element in my Mock Pumpkin Pie was Potash Peach so congratulations!"
Potash Peach

She then turns to Ursus. "And I'm pleased to say you correctly identified the secret ingredient in my paean to cuteness as well -- it was in fact Satin Violets!"
Satin Violets

"Now if you two will excuse me I have one more judge to try to track down!" Calantha exclaims. She doesn't really have high hopes for finding Kakigori at this point four days after she passed judgment on Calantha's "finger foods" of crostini, kabobs and porridge; she's started to wonder whether the Skydancer has gone back to her work as a spice merchant and has been absent from the fairgrounds for that reason. Still she searches the area from one side to the other but without turning up any sign of Kakigori. She's about to try to find one of Kakigori's clanmate judges to ask if they might have any ideas when one occurs to her -- Kakigori might be at her clan's lair!

A short flight takes her to Wayfarer's Rest where she is confronted by an enormous and somewhat brusque Guardian who demands to know who she is and what her business is there. "Er -- I --" the always soft-voiced but usually less-tongue-tied Calantha stammers. "I was looking for Kakigori? The spice merchant?" she adds hoping that will mollify the forbidding dragon. She notices that the other female is wearing a Green Birdskull Necklace but does not know its significance within Kakigori's clan.

"Well in that case you would be welcome to stop by her quarters but I happen to know she is sleeping. If you want to leave a note I can give it to her later." The Guardian still does not introduce herself but waits with what seems limited patience while Calantha scrawls out a note:
Quote:
Hello Kakigori and thank you for helping to make the Mistral Meals competition fun for all involved. I'm glad you enjoyed my entry. Unfortunately I must inform you that the flavor enhancer I used that day was Siltvine (not Salt which I consider an essential nutrient rather than an ingredient).
Siltvine

I have been wanting to speak with you further about your work as a spice merchant. While I gather most of the herbs and other ingredients I use in both my herbalist work and my cooking hobby myself there are always some rare ones I have difficulty sourcing. Please drop by my clan or post me a note if you would be interested in working with me in this regard.

"Thank you" Calantha says simply as she hands over the note to the Guardian who seems ever more eager for Calantha to be on her way. She thinks better of trying any further conversational sallies...

{{ I hope you don't mind my having put a few words in your dragons' mouths. Thanks yet again for a hugely fun experience! }}
Come chat about music! TmYwlC4.png Accessible Coli NOW!
Thanks for hosting again this year! I look forward to it every year :-)
Thanks for hosting again this year! I look forward to it every year :-)
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[size=2]Thank you for hosting this delightful event! May I have the Crescendo Collection prize? <3[/size] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25418118] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/254182/25418118_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] It's been an exciting week of cooking, and Carnelian is worn out, but happy. Even though many of her dishes didn't come out perfect, she's come away with knowledge she didn't have before. "Thank you for putting on such a lovely event," she says, smiling kindly at the judges. "I hope you all enjoyed it as well. And I certainly won't forget all the helpful little tips you gave me. I'm sure that next year, my dishes will be better than ever!" She leaves a little pie for each of the judges: peach for Meringue, raspberry cheesecake for Syrah, chocolate-caramel for Ursus, salmon and halibut for Verismo, chicken pot pie for Tonraq, mushroom-herb for Kakigori, and her very favorite shepherd's pie for Bloodstone. She's not sure what all their favorites are, but hopefully they'll each find something to like about her offerings (or know of another dragon who would enjoy them!) @VelveteenVixen Before Carnelian leaves, she stops off in front of Gladys, and says, "I would be honored if you'd like to include one of my recipes in your book, dear. And if you don't mind, I'd love to borrow one of yours to share with my clan back home. Would you like my recipe for dandelion-wisp cupcakes?" [quote=Carnelian][b]Dandelion-Wisp Cupcakes[/b] [item=Dandelion Seeds] [item=Wisp Fruit] [item=Fragile Moth Wings] [i]A classic cupcake recipe with a twist, light and sweet for springtime picnics![/i] Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, then mix in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture, stirring until well-combined. Fold in trimmed dandelion seeds, pour into cupcake liners, and bake. While cupcakes are cooling, prepare icing by beating butter into a soft cream, then beating in confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and wisp fruit juice. Add milk, and one drop blue food dye, and beat until creamy and smooth. Frost cupcakes generously, and garnish as desired: sugared moth wings make a pretty addition![/quote]
Thank you for hosting this delightful event! May I have the Crescendo Collection prize? <3

It's been an exciting week of cooking, and Carnelian is worn out, but happy. Even though many of her dishes didn't come out perfect, she's come away with knowledge she didn't have before. "Thank you for putting on such a lovely event," she says, smiling kindly at the judges. "I hope you all enjoyed it as well. And I certainly won't forget all the helpful little tips you gave me. I'm sure that next year, my dishes will be better than ever!"

She leaves a little pie for each of the judges: peach for Meringue, raspberry cheesecake for Syrah, chocolate-caramel for Ursus, salmon and halibut for Verismo, chicken pot pie for Tonraq, mushroom-herb for Kakigori, and her very favorite shepherd's pie for Bloodstone. She's not sure what all their favorites are, but hopefully they'll each find something to like about her offerings (or know of another dragon who would enjoy them!)

@VelveteenVixen
Before Carnelian leaves, she stops off in front of Gladys, and says, "I would be honored if you'd like to include one of my recipes in your book, dear. And if you don't mind, I'd love to borrow one of yours to share with my clan back home. Would you like my recipe for dandelion-wisp cupcakes?"

Carnelian wrote:
Dandelion-Wisp Cupcakes
Dandelion Seeds Wisp Fruit Fragile Moth Wings
A classic cupcake recipe with a twist, light and sweet for springtime picnics!

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, then mix in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture, stirring until well-combined. Fold in trimmed dandelion seeds, pour into cupcake liners, and bake.

While cupcakes are cooling, prepare icing by beating butter into a soft cream, then beating in confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and wisp fruit juice. Add milk, and one drop blue food dye, and beat until creamy and smooth.

Frost cupcakes generously, and garnish as desired: sugared moth wings make a pretty addition!
event-sig-small-4.png
@Scatterspark

Gladys beams in excitement!

"Of course!! You're welcome to browse the Cook Book for a recipe you'd like in exchange~"
@Scatterspark

Gladys beams in excitement!

"Of course!! You're welcome to browse the Cook Book for a recipe you'd like in exchange~"
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
And I just finished sending off the last prize pack, so with that Mistral Meals 2019 is officialy closed!

If any of the winners have problems accepting their CRs or notice an item or two missing please shoot me a message so I can make sure that's taken care of for you!
And I just finished sending off the last prize pack, so with that Mistral Meals 2019 is officialy closed!

If any of the winners have problems accepting their CRs or notice an item or two missing please shoot me a message so I can make sure that's taken care of for you!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28