Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ] Mistral Meals-Closed!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
I would love to be added to the daily pinglist please! --- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2718513] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/27186/2718513_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Hello, I am Elmylshal. Whether or not you knew my name before is irrelevant. My top class dishes will be emblazoned into your memory soon enough. Today's combination of ingredients is not for weak-hearted chefs. One requires tender fire, one must be chilled without killing its flavor, and one will release a stink bomb in your mouth if you haven't a clue what you are doing. To complete the dish, the purging fragrance of Cindermint and the bold flavor of the Smolderpetal are necessary additions. The ingredients are as follows. [center] [item=Greenpod Bloom][item=Frosted Violets][item=Fragrant Orchid][item=Cindermint][item=Smolderpetal][/center] Begin with the Frosted Violets. These are the trickiest, not because I am a Fire dragon and Ice magic escapes me. Well - that part is true, but it has no bearing on my skill. The Frosted Violets are the most fragile ingredient for this dish, and as such, preparing them will take a longer time and utmost care. Treat these flowers with respect and finesse, or you will ruin the dish. It's best to have an Ice dragon companion, one with subtle control over cooling. If you lack a trustworthy partner, however, you can make do with a cooling contraption. It's no substitute and the dish's quality will suffer, but if you're willing to compromise the dish and your pride, go ahead and use the subpar machine. The Frosted Violets should be hand-picked and immediately tended to with Ice magic for the entire time until they are served. If you cannot arrange that, don't attempt the dish at all. The petals must be chilled at exactly the same rate as the collected heat, preserving their exact fresh temperature without causing a loss or a gain. Only a skilled Ice dragon can achieve this perfectly. Once you've made your arrangements for the Frosted Violets, the rest of the ingredients require heat. My heating technique is top class, but for those of you lacking Fire magic, find a good Fire dragon to help. And no, I won't do it for you. Preparing the Greenpod Blooms is slow, but simple. Rest them upon evenly-spaced, mild embers that will slowly apply heat until the embers die down. If you're good enough like me, the heat in your embers will expire exactly when you are ready to plate the dish. The final three ingredients must be prepared together. If you fail, the dragons that you serve will never trust your dishes again. A poorly-prepared Fragrant Orchid is an atrocity for the tongue and nostrils. If you don't want to be finished as a chef, do it right, or don't attempt the dish. Cowardice is prudent when your skills are lacking. Before releasing the seal for the Fragrant Orchid, transfer it to a location at least 500 meters away from the kitchen or any other food. Bring the Cindermint and Smolderpetal. In a large bowl, crush the Cindermint into a fine powder. Heat the Smolderpetal blooms just enough to wilt them, then lay them onto the Cindermint. This next step will make or break your dish. Once you release the Fragrant Orchid, you have 3 seconds to apply fire that will crystallize the Cindermint flecks while roasting the Smolderpetal, which results in an aroma that transforms the Fragrant Orchid's permeating rotten death into a pleasant, deep-bodied flavor with a tingle of spice. The fire must be simultaneously hot enough to sufficiently cook the Smolderpetal to release its flavor and purge the pungent chemical from the Fragrant Orchid. However, if your fire is too hot, you will turn the petals into charcoal. No dragon enjoys eating charcoal, not even Fire dragons. Where did you hear that nonsensical myth? If you're confident that you can accomplish the task, add the Fragrant Orchid to the bowl, melding the ingredients with fire as discussed. Remember, you have 3 seconds. Now, return to the kitchen, where you can safely plate the Greenpod Bloom with your newly-prepared fragrant roast. Allow the ingredients to cool enough that dragons won't burn their tongues on the dish, then sprinkle the delicately-chilled Frosted Violets and serve immediately. This dish presents a bold flavor with warm, tender petals, delightful aroma, and the sensation of snowflakes. If you have omnivorous hatchlings that won't eat their vegetables, force a mouthful of this dish into their mouths. I guarantee that they'll forgive you and develop a new love for plants.
I would love to be added to the daily pinglist please!

---

Hello, I am Elmylshal. Whether or not you knew my name before is irrelevant. My top class dishes will be emblazoned into your memory soon enough.

Today's combination of ingredients is not for weak-hearted chefs. One requires tender fire, one must be chilled without killing its flavor, and one will release a stink bomb in your mouth if you haven't a clue what you are doing.

To complete the dish, the purging fragrance of Cindermint and the bold flavor of the Smolderpetal are necessary additions. The ingredients are as follows.
Greenpod Bloom Frosted Violets Fragrant Orchid Cindermint Smolderpetal

Begin with the Frosted Violets. These are the trickiest, not because I am a Fire dragon and Ice magic escapes me. Well - that part is true, but it has no bearing on my skill. The Frosted Violets are the most fragile ingredient for this dish, and as such, preparing them will take a longer time and utmost care. Treat these flowers with respect and finesse, or you will ruin the dish.

It's best to have an Ice dragon companion, one with subtle control over cooling. If you lack a trustworthy partner, however, you can make do with a cooling contraption. It's no substitute and the dish's quality will suffer, but if you're willing to compromise the dish and your pride, go ahead and use the subpar machine.

The Frosted Violets should be hand-picked and immediately tended to with Ice magic for the entire time until they are served. If you cannot arrange that, don't attempt the dish at all. The petals must be chilled at exactly the same rate as the collected heat, preserving their exact fresh temperature without causing a loss or a gain. Only a skilled Ice dragon can achieve this perfectly.

Once you've made your arrangements for the Frosted Violets, the rest of the ingredients require heat. My heating technique is top class, but for those of you lacking Fire magic, find a good Fire dragon to help. And no, I won't do it for you.

Preparing the Greenpod Blooms is slow, but simple. Rest them upon evenly-spaced, mild embers that will slowly apply heat until the embers die down. If you're good enough like me, the heat in your embers will expire exactly when you are ready to plate the dish.

The final three ingredients must be prepared together. If you fail, the dragons that you serve will never trust your dishes again. A poorly-prepared Fragrant Orchid is an atrocity for the tongue and nostrils. If you don't want to be finished as a chef, do it right, or don't attempt the dish. Cowardice is prudent when your skills are lacking.

Before releasing the seal for the Fragrant Orchid, transfer it to a location at least 500 meters away from the kitchen or any other food. Bring the Cindermint and Smolderpetal.

In a large bowl, crush the Cindermint into a fine powder. Heat the Smolderpetal blooms just enough to wilt them, then lay them onto the Cindermint.

This next step will make or break your dish. Once you release the Fragrant Orchid, you have 3 seconds to apply fire that will crystallize the Cindermint flecks while roasting the Smolderpetal, which results in an aroma that transforms the Fragrant Orchid's permeating rotten death into a pleasant, deep-bodied flavor with a tingle of spice.

The fire must be simultaneously hot enough to sufficiently cook the Smolderpetal to release its flavor and purge the pungent chemical from the Fragrant Orchid. However, if your fire is too hot, you will turn the petals into charcoal. No dragon enjoys eating charcoal, not even Fire dragons. Where did you hear that nonsensical myth?

If you're confident that you can accomplish the task, add the Fragrant Orchid to the bowl, melding the ingredients with fire as discussed. Remember, you have 3 seconds.

Now, return to the kitchen, where you can safely plate the Greenpod Bloom with your newly-prepared fragrant roast. Allow the ingredients to cool enough that dragons won't burn their tongues on the dish, then sprinkle the delicately-chilled Frosted Violets and serve immediately.

This dish presents a bold flavor with warm, tender petals, delightful aroma, and the sensation of snowflakes. If you have omnivorous hatchlings that won't eat their vegetables, force a mouthful of this dish into their mouths. I guarantee that they'll forgive you and develop a new love for plants.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44582027][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/445821/44582027.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48996522][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/489966/48996522.png[/img][/url][/center] [columns]Gladys frowns at the ingredient list, passing it to Spire [color=green]"Sugar, any idea how we could do this? If it were either violets or orchids I could manage but...I'm a little lost on this one."[/color] Spire slams her butcher's knife into the cutting board, and dusts her paws. [color=maroon]"If Parvo says I can make rotting greatshell taste good, we might as well give it a try. Give the orchids a soak; let's see if we can't save 'em with some spice."[/color] Gladys was worried about working with Spire; the butcher seemed a little...weird when they first met, but she can't deny she's a determined cook. Gladys prepares a pot and puts the orchids inside to soak. She doesn't know if that's gonna work, but if they're working with something that smells like meat, however rotten, she thinks she should trust Spire. [color=transparent]_____________________________________ [nextcol][color=transparent]___[nextcol] [color=green]"What kind of dish do you think we should go for, love?"[/color] [color=maroon]"Most potent ingredient is the orchids; savory's probably gonna be our ally."[/color] Spire gathers herbs and spices, turning to Gladys once more [color=maroon]"You know how to make a good Roux?"[/color] Gladys laughs; of course she does! [color=green][b]"Gumbo sound good?"[/b][/color] Gladys gets out flour and motions for Spire to give her the cooking oil. The Wildclaw says nothing, but slides the bottle of oil to her and licks her lips Gladys' mind starts ticking as she gets to work cleaning and prepping ingredients. So the Orchids are the main determiner of flavor. She checks the spices Spire had gotten out; she's using a lot of cinnamon and cindermint, probably to balance out the rotting meat flavor. She thinks about the recipes Spire has added to their recipe book. [color=transparent]______________[/columns] ----- [center][size=5]Cirocco Gumbo[/size] [item=greenpod bloom][item=frosted violets][item=fragrant orchid] [item=wild onion][item=golden pepper][item=green shoots][item=vegetable oil][item=cinnamon][item=cindermint][item=white quinoa][/center] Gladys starts the roux, stirring until the raw flour smell dies down. It looks like chocolate milk at this point. [color=green]"Spire, Hun; when you go to cook the greenpod blooms, let's not add them to the gumbo until plating; we don't want 'em to get soggy."[/color] [color=maroon]"Got it!"[/color] Onion, pepper, and fresh green shoots are finely chopped and added to the roux, along with more flour to thicken it. [color=green]"What kind of stock do you think this is gonna take?"[/color] Gladys asks [color=maroon]"I have a box of shrimp stock; I think it'll play nice with the orchids."[/color] [color=green]"You wanna take over gumbo duty while I deal with those suckers?"[/color] [color=maroon]"Gladly"[/color] Spire takes over the pot while Gladys drains the water from the orchids, taking a whiff The smell has died down a bit! [color=maroon]"The pollen is what really does it,"[/color] Spire calls over her shoulder with a smile. Gladys finely chops the orchid, getting out a pan and throwing in the spices with it for a dry toss. [color=maroon]"I'm gonna add those spices to the gumbo too, if that's okay,"[/color] Spire takes a moment to grab the spice bottles. [color=green]"Go on ahead, love!"[/color] Gladys holds the pan out for Spire to take a whiff [color=maroon]"I've smelled worse."[/color] The Wildclaw beams. [color=maroon]"You wanna add that and get started on some quinoa?"[/color] [color=green]"Works for me!"[/color] Spire is working on the pods, working them to a steady roast. ...She and Gladys still haven't sorted out a way to add the violets. Chilled is the best way to serve them, but Spire is used to them being treated as a dessert. Savory desserts are always hit-or-miss, and when she lives in the wilderness, a miss can be deadly. She'd be bolder if it was a meat ingredient, or even seafood, but...she's really not that knowledgeable about plants [color=maroon]"Gladys...any ideas about the violets?"[/color] [color=green]"I....did have one idea...I don't know if it's a good one."[/color] [color=maroon]"I've got nothing; let's hear it."[/color] [color=green]"Well...on they're own, violets are salty."[/color] [color=maroon]"...you're thinking they'd make a salt substitute?"[/color] [color=green]"It's all I've got; they need to be frozen and ground up. It's probably not a gr-"[/color] [color=maroon]"Let's give it a shot!!"[/color] Spire cheers. The quinoa has been set to cool, and Gladys takes over tending to the greenpods. Spire, meanwhile, works her magic. A frigid stream runs from her breath, crystalizing the violets. She takes a pestle to them, keeping them frozen the entire time until she has a fine purple powder. She takes the dry skillet Gladys was using and quickly tosses them on, making them give up the moisture inside. Gladys, meanwhile, has signaled that the greenpods have started to bloom. Spire adds a pinch of the violet dust to the gumbo, tasting it. Despite being a wildclaw, she can't help but drool a bit; the orchids [i]do[/i] taste like meat! Gladys takes a taste too. ...now [i]this[/i] she can get behind. Yeah, she wouldn't have picked these ingredients if she had it her way but...it turned out pretty tasty! Time to plate up. Gumbo first, with a pile of fluffy white quinoa on top. A greenpod bloom, seasoned with violet dust, pepper, and cinnamon is tucked against the side of the rice. Lastly, a sprinkling of violet salt. Spire and Gladys take a deep breath of exhaustion, turning to each other. ...Okay, so it [i]doesn't[/i] look like something that gets served at a banquet. It's soul food; something Gladys and Spire definitely have in common. It might not be the most fanciful dish here, but the two make a silent agreement to ladle out a bowl for themselves. Gladys can throw some rabbit or chicken into the gumbo for Spire and they can call it a success. ((YAAAAS DAILY PINGLIST))
44582027.png 48996522.png
Gladys frowns at the ingredient list, passing it to Spire

"Sugar, any idea how we could do this? If it were either violets or orchids I could manage but...I'm a little lost on this one."

Spire slams her butcher's knife into the cutting board, and dusts her paws.

"If Parvo says I can make rotting greatshell taste good, we might as well give it a try. Give the orchids a soak; let's see if we can't save 'em with some spice."

Gladys was worried about working with Spire; the butcher seemed a little...weird when they first met, but she can't deny she's a determined cook.

Gladys prepares a pot and puts the orchids inside to soak. She doesn't know if that's gonna work, but if they're working with something that smells like meat, however rotten, she thinks she should trust Spire.

"Most potent ingredient is the orchids; savory's probably gonna be our ally." Spire gathers herbs and spices, turning to Gladys once more
"You know how to make a good Roux?"

Gladys laughs; of course she does!

"Gumbo sound good?" Gladys gets out flour and motions for Spire to give her the cooking oil.

The Wildclaw says nothing, but slides the bottle of oil to her and licks her lips

Gladys' mind starts ticking as she gets to work cleaning and prepping ingredients. So the Orchids are the main determiner of flavor. She checks the spices Spire had gotten out; she's using a lot of cinnamon and cindermint, probably to balance out the rotting meat flavor. She thinks about the recipes Spire has added to their recipe book.

Cirocco Gumbo

Greenpod Bloom Frosted Violets Fragrant Orchid
Wild Onion Golden Pepper Green Shoots Vegetable Oil Cinnamon Cindermint White Quinoa
Gladys starts the roux, stirring until the raw flour smell dies down. It looks like chocolate milk at this point.

"Spire, Hun; when you go to cook the greenpod blooms, let's not add them to the gumbo until plating; we don't want 'em to get soggy."
"Got it!"

Onion, pepper, and fresh green shoots are finely chopped and added to the roux, along with more flour to thicken it.

"What kind of stock do you think this is gonna take?" Gladys asks
"I have a box of shrimp stock; I think it'll play nice with the orchids."
"You wanna take over gumbo duty while I deal with those suckers?"
"Gladly"
Spire takes over the pot while Gladys drains the water from the orchids, taking a whiff

The smell has died down a bit!

"The pollen is what really does it," Spire calls over her shoulder with a smile.

Gladys finely chops the orchid, getting out a pan and throwing in the spices with it for a dry toss.

"I'm gonna add those spices to the gumbo too, if that's okay," Spire takes a moment to grab the spice bottles.
"Go on ahead, love!"

Gladys holds the pan out for Spire to take a whiff

"I've smelled worse." The Wildclaw beams. "You wanna add that and get started on some quinoa?"
"Works for me!"

Spire is working on the pods, working them to a steady roast.

...She and Gladys still haven't sorted out a way to add the violets.
Chilled is the best way to serve them, but Spire is used to them being treated as a dessert. Savory desserts are always hit-or-miss, and when she lives in the wilderness, a miss can be deadly.
She'd be bolder if it was a meat ingredient, or even seafood, but...she's really not that knowledgeable about plants

"Gladys...any ideas about the violets?"
"I....did have one idea...I don't know if it's a good one."
"I've got nothing; let's hear it."
"Well...on they're own, violets are salty."
"...you're thinking they'd make a salt substitute?"
"It's all I've got; they need to be frozen and ground up. It's probably not a gr-"
"Let's give it a shot!!" Spire cheers.

The quinoa has been set to cool, and Gladys takes over tending to the greenpods.

Spire, meanwhile, works her magic.
A frigid stream runs from her breath, crystalizing the violets.
She takes a pestle to them, keeping them frozen the entire time until she has a fine purple powder.

She takes the dry skillet Gladys was using and quickly tosses them on, making them give up the moisture inside. Gladys, meanwhile, has signaled that the greenpods have started to bloom.

Spire adds a pinch of the violet dust to the gumbo, tasting it. Despite being a wildclaw, she can't help but drool a bit; the orchids do taste like meat!
Gladys takes a taste too.
...now this she can get behind. Yeah, she wouldn't have picked these ingredients if she had it her way but...it turned out pretty tasty!

Time to plate up.

Gumbo first, with a pile of fluffy white quinoa on top. A greenpod bloom, seasoned with violet dust, pepper, and cinnamon is tucked against the side of the rice. Lastly, a sprinkling of violet salt.

Spire and Gladys take a deep breath of exhaustion, turning to each other.

...Okay, so it doesn't look like something that gets served at a banquet.

It's soul food; something Gladys and Spire definitely have in common.

It might not be the most fanciful dish here, but the two make a silent agreement to ladle out a bowl for themselves. Gladys can throw some rabbit or chicken into the gumbo for Spire and they can call it a success.

((YAAAAS DAILY PINGLIST))
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
@Eialyne daily pinglist please! I'll be entering shortly [emoji=wind rune]
@Eialyne daily pinglist please! I'll be entering shortly
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38225245] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/382253/38225245_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] @jbapple Tonraq grimaced a bit as he munched on the salad. It wasn't bad per-say, but he didn't find it terribly inspired either. Though he had been reminded by the judges to take other dragons palates into consideration when judging. Just because he didn't care much for eating plants himself didn't mean this wasn't delectable to the Tundra waiting expectantly in front of them. "Adding some heartier plants, like mushrooms or fungus, could sell the meat substitute idea better without compromising the vegetarian aspect of your dish," he finally advised. @RubieKanary Roxy's fears about his brother's dish turned out to be not a concern at all. While Tonraq was [i]very[/i] releuctant to try the...thing...set infront of him, he finaly forced himself to take a mouthful and was plesantly surprised enough to chew thoughtfully over two bites. "If you could work on your presentation skills a bit more, this would be much more edible," he finaly said, "Psychologicaly though you can't help but psych yourself up for it to taste horrid when in fact it's decent." @LadyOfTheSkies Unlike the dish before, Tonraq was actualy quite eager to try the next contestant's dish. It looked lovely, and the idea of doing a relish with the greenpod bloom seemed quite ingenious. But turns out relish was [i]not[/i] the way to go to cover up the scent of the orchids. Tonraq had to cover his mouth to hide the instinctive gagging. "I think the relish would have been superub on it's own," he said after coughing and clearing his throat, "But something about it mixed horribly with the orchids rather than mask them like you were aiming to. @dividedAnimus If Tonraq wished for a palate cleanser before the next dish, he didn't have a chance to get one before the next contestant flagged him down. He did hope that the fellow Nocturne might be presenting some form of relief as ice cream could work as one...but alas it was not to be. "More berries," he recommended, unsure if the taste of the orchid was just that strong in this dish, or simply amplifying the aftertaste he still had in his mouth, "You have a knack for making ice cream and the use of the bloom as an edible bowl and utensil is quite brilliant, but definitely needs more berries." @Sylphiette Tonraq was realizing maybe he should have put more effort into choosing his ingredients. Sure, when Everglade looked really concerned when he pointed out the fragrant orchids as a choice he figured it would just be a nice little challenge for the contestants. He'd forgotten to calculate into the fact he'd have to taste everything put in front of him, and those orchids were really tripping everyone up so far. Though...he didn't realize that Momoka had intended the orchids as a garnish rather than a pain portion of the meal. The Nocturne ended up covering those in dressing as well and taking a large mouthful, which unfortunately knocked her score down more than it should have. @Sylvandyr Tonraq eyes Elmylshal warily. The Imperial's attitude reminds him a bit too much of Bloodstone for his liking. [i]I will not let that influence my judging. I will not let that influence my jduging. I will not let that influence my judging...[/i] He lets it influence his judging. "You could have treated those violets with more respect, as you were claiming to do so," he says a bit smugly, "As an Ice dragon myself I'm going to be particularly picky about that sort of thing." He refuses to comment that this is the first perfectly prepared fragrant orchid he's had all day. @VelveteenVixen The next entry seemed to be karma for bragging about being from Ice flight and using that as a reason to down score a dragon's dish. Tonraq wasn't particularly fond of spicy foods. "Erm...well....good job on hiding that orchid flavor," he manages to get out between sips of water that he'd flagged one of the other judges to bring over to him. Syrah, the judge who came over to assist, bends over to sniff at the duo's entry. "Did you just choke? It doesn't seem [i]that[/i] spicy." ".........Syrah, today is not your turn." There was absolutely nothing wrong with preferring blander foods! He moves onto the next contestants, and once he's out of earshot Syrah bends over with a grin, "All contestants are allowed to take back with them whatever's left of their creations.....but could I have some before you go?" ((To any users new to Mistral Meals this year...I promise not all my chefs are as...uh...blunt as Tonraq ^^;; ))

@jbapple

Tonraq grimaced a bit as he munched on the salad. It wasn't bad per-say, but he didn't find it terribly inspired either.

Though he had been reminded by the judges to take other dragons palates into consideration when judging. Just because he didn't care much for eating plants himself didn't mean this wasn't delectable to the Tundra waiting expectantly in front of them.

"Adding some heartier plants, like mushrooms or fungus, could sell the meat substitute idea better without compromising the vegetarian aspect of your dish," he finally advised.

@RubieKanary

Roxy's fears about his brother's dish turned out to be not a concern at all. While Tonraq was very releuctant to try the...thing...set infront of him, he finaly forced himself to take a mouthful and was plesantly surprised enough to chew thoughtfully over two bites.

"If you could work on your presentation skills a bit more, this would be much more edible," he finaly said, "Psychologicaly though you can't help but psych yourself up for it to taste horrid when in fact it's decent."

@LadyOfTheSkies

Unlike the dish before, Tonraq was actualy quite eager to try the next contestant's dish. It looked lovely, and the idea of doing a relish with the greenpod bloom seemed quite ingenious.

But turns out relish was not the way to go to cover up the scent of the orchids. Tonraq had to cover his mouth to hide the instinctive gagging.

"I think the relish would have been superub on it's own," he said after coughing and clearing his throat, "But something about it mixed horribly with the orchids rather than mask them like you were aiming to.

@dividedAnimus

If Tonraq wished for a palate cleanser before the next dish, he didn't have a chance to get one before the next contestant flagged him down. He did hope that the fellow Nocturne might be presenting some form of relief as ice cream could work as one...but alas it was not to be.

"More berries," he recommended, unsure if the taste of the orchid was just that strong in this dish, or simply amplifying the aftertaste he still had in his mouth, "You have a knack for making ice cream and the use of the bloom as an edible bowl and utensil is quite brilliant, but definitely needs more berries."

@Sylphiette

Tonraq was realizing maybe he should have put more effort into choosing his ingredients. Sure, when Everglade looked really concerned when he pointed out the fragrant orchids as a choice he figured it would just be a nice little challenge for the contestants.

He'd forgotten to calculate into the fact he'd have to taste everything put in front of him, and those orchids were really tripping everyone up so far.

Though...he didn't realize that Momoka had intended the orchids as a garnish rather than a pain portion of the meal. The Nocturne ended up covering those in dressing as well and taking a large mouthful, which unfortunately knocked her score down more than it should have.

@Sylvandyr

Tonraq eyes Elmylshal warily. The Imperial's attitude reminds him a bit too much of Bloodstone for his liking.

I will not let that influence my judging. I will not let that influence my jduging. I will not let that influence my judging...

He lets it influence his judging.

"You could have treated those violets with more respect, as you were claiming to do so," he says a bit smugly, "As an Ice dragon myself I'm going to be particularly picky about that sort of thing."

He refuses to comment that this is the first perfectly prepared fragrant orchid he's had all day.

@VelveteenVixen

The next entry seemed to be karma for bragging about being from Ice flight and using that as a reason to down score a dragon's dish. Tonraq wasn't particularly fond of spicy foods.

"Erm...well....good job on hiding that orchid flavor," he manages to get out between sips of water that he'd flagged one of the other judges to bring over to him.

Syrah, the judge who came over to assist, bends over to sniff at the duo's entry. "Did you just choke? It doesn't seem that spicy."

".........Syrah, today is not your turn." There was absolutely nothing wrong with preferring blander foods!

He moves onto the next contestants, and once he's out of earshot Syrah bends over with a grin, "All contestants are allowed to take back with them whatever's left of their creations.....but could I have some before you go?"

((To any users new to Mistral Meals this year...I promise not all my chefs are as...uh...blunt as Tonraq ^^;; ))
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
add me to the pinglist, please! ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29725533] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297256/29725533_350.png[/img] [/url] [item=greenpod bloom] [item=frosted violets] [item=fragrant orchid] Bless shuffled along to her counter and took a long hard look at her ingredients. [i]"Plants?"[/i] she huffed a cindery smoke and rolled her eyes, tapping the counter restlessly and murmuring. Eventually the nocturne comes across an idea and begins. [item=flamerest embers] [item=pine branch] Embers and pine branches along with the greenpods are placed into an oven, a hole in the ground, you name it. Cover your makeshift oven with a large slab of stone or sand, the pods do not need to be recovered clean as the outer shell is discarded nonetheless. While we wait for the pods to flavor with the pine smoke and embers, we'll give the orchids a good searing for caramelization. [item=leatherback sea turtle] Once that's done, we'll transfer our ingredients to a clay pot along with a well-cleaned turtle that'll greatly benefit from the stew's flavors. Of course it could be substituted for something else like mushrooms. It'll need at least a couple of hours for the meat and shell to tenderize but the longer it is cooked, the more its flavor is enhanced. Our violets will serve as an appetizer as icy crisp or can be put in the pot with the other ingredients to complement. Chow down!
add me to the pinglist, please!

29725533_350.png

Bless shuffled along to her counter and took a long hard look at her ingredients. "Plants?" she huffed a cindery smoke and rolled her eyes, tapping the counter restlessly and murmuring. Eventually the nocturne comes across an idea and begins.

Flamerest Embers Pine Branch

Embers and pine branches along with the greenpods are placed into an oven, a hole in the ground, you name it. Cover your makeshift oven with a large slab of stone or sand, the pods do not need to be recovered clean as the outer shell is discarded nonetheless.
While we wait for the pods to flavor with the pine smoke and embers, we'll give the orchids a good searing for caramelization.

Leatherback Sea Turtle

Once that's done, we'll transfer our ingredients to a clay pot along with a well-cleaned turtle that'll greatly benefit from the stew's flavors. Of course it could be substituted for something else like mushrooms.
It'll need at least a couple of hours for the meat and shell to tenderize but the longer it is cooked, the more its flavor is enhanced.
Our violets will serve as an appetizer as icy crisp or can be put in the pot with the other ingredients to complement. Chow down!
23853.png
beetle1_by_rhvbarb-dbt7klj.gif klaus . they/them

10+ FR Time

990.png
Gladys, who's heart is as tender as a poached peach, forces a smile and nods eagerly at Tonraq's advice.

A chef is nothing if the person they're serving doesn't like their dishes.

Spire, meanwhile, plates up some gumbo and quinoa for Syrah and slides it to her, completely unfazed by Tonraq.
She's way rougher around the edges than Gladys.
The stuffy nocturne wouldn't last a day in the Aswon Wilds, but sadly it seems that Gladys wouldn't either.

Gladys has found doing the dishes to be far more interesting than interacting with anyone, and Spire decides she won't press the issue.

"Is there anything we should...know about your tastes for the day you judge?"
Spire asks Syrah.

Frankly, if someone doesn't want to eat her food at home, they're welcome to go hungry, but...Gladys might benefit from knowing that not everyone is subjective.
Gladys, who's heart is as tender as a poached peach, forces a smile and nods eagerly at Tonraq's advice.

A chef is nothing if the person they're serving doesn't like their dishes.

Spire, meanwhile, plates up some gumbo and quinoa for Syrah and slides it to her, completely unfazed by Tonraq.
She's way rougher around the edges than Gladys.
The stuffy nocturne wouldn't last a day in the Aswon Wilds, but sadly it seems that Gladys wouldn't either.

Gladys has found doing the dishes to be far more interesting than interacting with anyone, and Spire decides she won't press the issue.

"Is there anything we should...know about your tastes for the day you judge?"
Spire asks Syrah.

Frankly, if someone doesn't want to eat her food at home, they're welcome to go hungry, but...Gladys might benefit from knowing that not everyone is subjective.
Kit | Wind Flight | FR+3
HxcMlGn.pngbYt72YT.png
AF2jC5e.pngQetF0Qf.png
XmHV7tO.pngGOoia7D.png
54.png
@Eialyne Could I please be added to the daily pinglist? [center]SUNDAY - Fragrant Spring Rolls [item=greenpod bloom][item=frosted violets][item=fragrant orchid] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40783624] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407837/40783624_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] For Rovigo, cooking was life. It was his greatest passion and source of creativity. He looked at the 3 floral ingredients and he thought to himself about whether they leaned more sweet or savory. He tasted each one and as the fragrant orchid especially smelled like rotting meat that savory was the way to go. He decided to go with savory and create a dish he's calling Fragrant Spring Rolls. He used pressed rice paper wrappers and got some mint, cucumbers, rolled out some glass noodles, and drizzled some spiced salted plum sauce which he infused with the fragrant orchids. Then since the greenpod bloom and frosted violets had a more mild flavor, he put the petals in whole after rolling the main part of the roll so they were separate on the outer layers of the rice paper wrapper but still contained giving them a beautiful pressed flower look. Satisfied, he cut each one open diagonally and served them with more of the sauce to be presented to the judges.
@Eialyne Could I please be added to the daily pinglist?

SUNDAY - Fragrant Spring Rolls

40783624_350.png

For Rovigo, cooking was life. It was his greatest passion and source of creativity. He looked at the 3 floral ingredients and he thought to himself about whether they leaned more sweet or savory. He tasted each one and as the fragrant orchid especially smelled like rotting meat that savory was the way to go. He decided to go with savory and create a dish he's calling Fragrant Spring Rolls. He used pressed rice paper wrappers and got some mint, cucumbers, rolled out some glass noodles, and drizzled some spiced salted plum sauce which he infused with the fragrant orchids. Then since the greenpod bloom and frosted violets had a more mild flavor, he put the petals in whole after rolling the main part of the roll so they were separate on the outer layers of the rice paper wrapper but still contained giving them a beautiful pressed flower look. Satisfied, he cut each one open diagonally and served them with more of the sauce to be presented to the judges.
'blue smedium banner
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41175141] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411752/41175141_350.png[/img][/url] Einws runs into the main tent, panting yet grinning from ear to ear. “Cumulus? Ready to cook?” He calls out. Dragon heads turn to him, some of which not very happy and he quickly looks away, embarrassed for distrusting everyone. Once everyone had rolled their eyes and gone back to work, Einws scans the room, silently this time. No fluffy pink wings to be seen. No pale green opal coated head. No light purple piercing eyes. “Huh”, he wonders to himself. “I guess he didn’t make it yet.” Glancing at the ticking clock, Einws decides to start without him. He trusts that Cumulus would get here in due time. Knowing him, he probably is off enjoying the Twisting Crescendo or visiting their clan’s home even though the entire clan is vacationing in the Shifting Expanse. After grabbing the ingredients, he decides to start today off simple. After all, he and Cumulus had decided to represent the clan all week since the rest of the clan is a bit further than usual. He took a pawful of [b]Greenpod Blooms[/b] and set them on a pan to sizzle. He quickly chopped up some [b]Frosted Violets[/b] careful to keep them away from the heat. After a few stalks, he threw them into a large salad bowl. After checking on the blooms that were still sizzling away, he took the [b]Fragrant Orchids[/b] with one paw, while he used the other to block his nostrils. He ground them up into a paste and very heavily diluted it with water and oil until it became a salad dressing like consistency. Checking on the blooms again, deeming that they had bloomed enough, he dropped them into a cooling pot, aka a pot that he had put into the fridge. Once the blooms were cold, he chopped them up and added them into the salad bowl. Pouring the dressing on, he brought it over the judging table. Once he leaves it there for judging, he hears hissing by his ear. As he turns he feels a feathered head nuzzling against his own. He laughs as the feathers tickles his neck, and he feels Cumulus hum in his native tongue but it was too quick for Einws to translate. “You’re late,” Einws chuckles, “I finished the salad without you.” Cumulus’ face contorts in disgust. “Salad,” He frowns, “No fish,” He pouts cutely. After giving the salade a second glance Cumulus decides it’s not bad for a non-seafood dish. Looking back to Einws, he explains that he was late since on his way from the Shifting Expense to the Windswept Plateau, he made a detour to stop in the Ashfall Waste to visit the birthplace of his species and pickup some gifts for Einws. He holds out a small piece of polished metal. Einws accepts happily, used to this kind of behaviour from his mate, although he really just had a growing collection of metal piece stashed away in his travelling bag. The sit and talk about their latest individual travels as they wait the judging.

41175141_350.png

Einws runs into the main tent, panting yet grinning from ear to ear. “Cumulus? Ready to cook?” He calls out. Dragon heads turn to him, some of which not very happy and he quickly looks away, embarrassed for distrusting everyone. Once everyone had rolled their eyes and gone back to work, Einws scans the room, silently this time. No fluffy pink wings to be seen. No pale green opal coated head. No light purple piercing eyes. “Huh”, he wonders to himself. “I guess he didn’t make it yet.” Glancing at the ticking clock, Einws decides to start without him. He trusts that Cumulus would get here in due time. Knowing him, he probably is off enjoying the Twisting Crescendo or visiting their clan’s home even though the entire clan is vacationing in the Shifting Expanse.

After grabbing the ingredients, he decides to start today off simple. After all, he and Cumulus had decided to represent the clan all week since the rest of the clan is a bit further than usual.

He took a pawful of Greenpod Blooms and set them on a pan to sizzle. He quickly chopped up some Frosted Violets careful to keep them away from the heat. After a few stalks, he threw them into a large salad bowl. After checking on the blooms that were still sizzling away, he took the Fragrant Orchids with one paw, while he used the other to block his nostrils. He ground them up into a paste and very heavily diluted it with water and oil until it became a salad dressing like consistency. Checking on the blooms again, deeming that they had bloomed enough, he dropped them into a cooling pot, aka a pot that he had put into the fridge. Once the blooms were cold, he chopped them up and added them into the salad bowl. Pouring the dressing on, he brought it over the judging table.

Once he leaves it there for judging, he hears hissing by his ear. As he turns he feels a feathered head nuzzling against his own. He laughs as the feathers tickles his neck, and he feels Cumulus hum in his native tongue but it was too quick for Einws to translate. “You’re late,” Einws chuckles, “I finished the salad without you.”

Cumulus’ face contorts in disgust. “Salad,” He frowns, “No fish,” He pouts cutely. After giving the salade a second glance Cumulus decides it’s not bad for a non-seafood dish. Looking back to Einws, he explains that he was late since on his way from the Shifting Expense to the Windswept Plateau, he made a detour to stop in the Ashfall Waste to visit the birthplace of his species and pickup some gifts for Einws. He holds out a small piece of polished metal. Einws accepts happily, used to this kind of behaviour from his mate, although he really just had a growing collection of metal piece stashed away in his travelling bag. The sit and talk about their latest individual travels as they wait the judging.
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
Ping list please! I’ll be editing with my entry at some point :P I’m very excited!
Ping list please! I’ll be editing with my entry at some point :P I’m very excited!

xGlDaru.png
bottle.gif
@Neoncherry64

Popping in just to request that when you do get to your entry please post it seperately rather than editing it in! That makes it less likely that I'll miss it while doing judging :)
@Neoncherry64

Popping in just to request that when you do get to your entry please post it seperately rather than editing it in! That makes it less likely that I'll miss it while doing judging :)
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28