Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ-19] Clouded Images
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
Today was long and lame so nothing fun, just the photo + clues. Tuesday’s daily winner will be drawn tomorrow along with Wednesday’s daily winner. Don't forget that you're allowed to use Google to help you figure out the clues! [center][size=4][b]Wednesday[/b][/size] Today was long and lame so nothing fun, just the photo + clues lmao [img]https://i.imgur.com/aLNV15d.jpg[/img] Different cultures celebrate this festival; that also means I’ll take any common name for it. There’s a specific food item related to it. They’re exchanged between family, friends, romantic partners etc. Reuniting with friends and family is also a big part of this celebration This is a seasonal festival but the date it’s celebrated changes each year depending on one specific thing. The festival honors a specific object. There’s a small kind of connection to the Wind flight here. --------------- Yesterday’s answer was Stars! [img]https://i.imgur.com/N4jNbFp.jpg[/img] Some constellations move across hemispheres because of Earth’s orbit or tilt, while some stay in the same regions all year long. Stars have been revered by cultures since ancient times. Many used them for navigation along with naming different constellations and creating lore around them. Bonus cool thing: Depending on which kind of zodiac you use your actual sign might not be what you think it is. Check out [url=https://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html]this cool article[/url] to learn more! [size=0][size=0][size=0]@Disillusionist @sockmonkeygerald @Ebby172 @Sylphiette @Chrizine @Stellatrix13 @Katelle @Lundlaeva @narkov @Sidegrinder @LadySiren @Dil @RemanLT @tigressRising @Kisk @LordMaroo @almightyjanitor @Qumack @Neoncherry64 @Xocea @Rivertyl @WanderingTurtle @Mirna @Vaporeon9 @Eialyne @IronPen @Solstices @Katsuokai @LissaJade @Infinity14 @Arelia @SilverQuark @felistopaz @Canisa @Nemalu @Farwalker @MistyGold @Welgan @BlazeWolf @AshuriiAkemi @VioletWhirlwind @Hikaruna @bittersweetlove @CluelessCat @Quintillion @rubyredtan @Lonefox @Saraceaser @Scatterspark @Watercolour @BlackRayser @Cheshly @daineger @inn @ferpitou @danijust @VioletWhirlwind @brighteningskies @Loloske @LadyOfTheSkies @Nefeli @NicoleEirin @Rosie1450 @Oleaster @MusicandMagic @themirrorswish @Crystalgryphon @Levantera @Kdragon @Noddddd @Autopsy

Today was long and lame so nothing fun, just the photo + clues. Tuesday’s daily winner will be drawn tomorrow along with Wednesday’s daily winner.

Don't forget that you're allowed to use Google to help you figure out the clues!
Wednesday

Today was long and lame so nothing fun, just the photo + clues lmao

aLNV15d.jpg

Different cultures celebrate this festival; that also means I’ll take any common name for it.
There’s a specific food item related to it. They’re exchanged between family, friends, romantic partners etc. Reuniting with friends and family is also a big part of this celebration
This is a seasonal festival but the date it’s celebrated changes each year depending on one specific thing.
The festival honors a specific object.
There’s a small kind of connection to the Wind flight here.

Yesterday’s answer was Stars!

N4jNbFp.jpg

Some constellations move across hemispheres because of Earth’s orbit or tilt, while some stay in the same regions all year long.
Stars have been revered by cultures since ancient times. Many used them for navigation along with naming different constellations and creating lore around them.
Bonus cool thing: Depending on which kind of zodiac you use your actual sign might not be what you think it is. Check out this cool article to learn more!

@Disillusionist @sockmonkeygerald @Ebby172 @Sylphiette @Chrizine @Stellatrix13 @Katelle @Lundlaeva @narkov @Sidegrinder @LadySiren @Dil @RemanLT @tigressRising @Kisk @LordMaroo @almightyjanitor @Qumack @Neoncherry64 @Xocea @Rivertyl @WanderingTurtle @Mirna @Vaporeon9 @Eialyne @IronPen @Solstices @Katsuokai @LissaJade @Infinity14 @Arelia @SilverQuark @felistopaz @Canisa @Nemalu @Farwalker @MistyGold @Welgan @BlazeWolf @AshuriiAkemi @VioletWhirlwind @Hikaruna @bittersweetlove @CluelessCat @Quintillion @rubyredtan @Lonefox @Saraceaser @Scatterspark @Watercolour @BlackRayser @Cheshly @daineger @inn @ferpitou @danijust @VioletWhirlwind @brighteningskies @Loloske @LadyOfTheSkies @Nefeli @NicoleEirin @Rosie1450 @Oleaster @MusicandMagic @themirrorswish @Crystalgryphon @Levantera @Kdragon @Noddddd @Autopsy
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
«Constellations» was not counted as a right answer, am I right ? I figured that constellations fitted well the clues too and as stars don't move around the planet (they are in the sky, that' the Earch which is moving) but as the constellations are only celestial objects that are only seen from Earth but do not exist in space (the stars of a constellation are not necessarily next to each other, it just seems like that from earth), they do move from hemispheres. Also civilisations also have different names and celebration for them - I'm just curious to know if that is a wrong answer (as it is not the word you were expecting, that's rules and that's normal ! c: ) , or if it could be counted as right (as it fitted the clues - at least if I didn't forgot something that excluded them from the clues) ?
«Constellations» was not counted as a right answer, am I right ? I figured that constellations fitted well the clues too and as stars don't move around the planet (they are in the sky, that' the Earch which is moving) but as the constellations are only celestial objects that are only seen from Earth but do not exist in space (the stars of a constellation are not necessarily next to each other, it just seems like that from earth), they do move from hemispheres. Also civilisations also have different names and celebration for them - I'm just curious to know if that is a wrong answer (as it is not the word you were expecting, that's rules and that's normal ! c: ) , or if it could be counted as right (as it fitted the clues - at least if I didn't forgot something that excluded them from the clues) ?
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
I'm also curious to know if constellations was wrong or not.
I'm also curious to know if constellations was wrong or not.
jt3PpxV.pngPwHm1vg.gifez8W9jX.gif
Ah I don't know which one is which, guess it's a 50/50 shot.

edit: Also ditto for Constellations.
Ah I don't know which one is which, guess it's a 50/50 shot.

edit: Also ditto for Constellations.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
wow I way overthought that one LMAO. I thought the picture was super obscured, not that the subject matter was literally right there, only blurred

today’s is much more straightforward!
wow I way overthought that one LMAO. I thought the picture was super obscured, not that the subject matter was literally right there, only blurred

today’s is much more straightforward!
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
I hope I got this one right. I knew the general term, but finding a specific title was a lot harder...
I hope I got this one right. I knew the general term, but finding a specific title was a lot harder...
fw5Pc0h.png
Oh, welp I answered very specifically for tuesday lol. My first thought was stars but that seemed to be a bit too simple then I noticed the big dipper and had to remember what exactly it was called to get my constellation answer.
Oh, welp I answered very specifically for tuesday lol. My first thought was stars but that seemed to be a bit too simple then I noticed the big dipper and had to remember what exactly it was called to get my constellation answer.
Acolight 2016/08/15 - 2017/09/08 fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Windie 2017/09/09 - Forever

Zock-sie || Female || She/her || Taurus || INFT-J || FR+3

tumblr_inline_nxqzzmOUyn1ts73zp_540.png
^ Also wondering about constellations.
^ Also wondering about constellations.
Because of the gray whale picture, I thought the rest of the pictures would be animal or aquatic themed and my first thought upon seeing the second one was "plankton" [emoji=fae laughing] Then I thought it was fireflies, and only after looking real hard again, I realized it's the big dipper right there! But I also hope constellations counted as an answer [emoji=fae happy]
Because of the gray whale picture, I thought the rest of the pictures would be animal or aquatic themed and my first thought upon seeing the second one was "plankton" Then I thought it was fireflies, and only after looking real hard again, I realized it's the big dipper right there!

But I also hope constellations counted as an answer
@Selah Hi, can I be put on the pinglist please? [emoji=coatl happy]
@Selah
Hi, can I be put on the pinglist please?
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17