Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Emperor Locke] Containing the Beast
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 60[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 36[/u] amount of battles rolled: 18 I took Megalodon, Xanice, and Saiph to Woodland Path for 10 rounds Megalodon grew to level 7 Saiph grew to level 6 Xanice lost 1 life Then I went back with Xanice, Saiph, and Leslie for 8 rounds Xanice grew to level 7 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Vial of River Muck] art/ lore day ------------------------ Mio limped through the sand in search for anything to eat or drink. After being lost and alone for so long he'd given up finding his brother. It had been rough trying to survive alone but somehow he'd managed despite the injury he'd gotten in a scrap with a vulture. Mio had learned the hard way not to sleep in the open unless he wanted sharp talons and a hard beak sinking into his flesh. The scent trail the young tundra had been following finally led him to a small pond suitable to drink from. However, the water wasn't what that smell had been... dragons were nearby. He couldn't quite put a claw on it but one of the scents smelled familiar. Was it his mothers? Someone from the group? He carefully sniffed the humid air and wracked his brain for the answer. [i]"...Brother? Savage... Savage was here! When though? Will he be back? Is he looking for me?"[/i] Mio tried to sniff around and search for the path the two scents had gone rather than came from. [i]"I need to find him... He'll help us find home..."[/i] He finally gave up after patrolling the small area and went back to get a refreshing drink of water. Mio rested, not knowing what else to do at the moment, but eventually felt the gnawing hunger claw at his stomach once more. With a sigh he got up and waded into the shallow pond to reach the plants growing under the water. Finally, he'd gathered enough to make a meal of it and went back to the shore to let it dry before eating the slimy plants. [i]"...Not great but... I don't have much else..."[/i] He sighed and adjusted some of his scavenged gear to distract himself from the misery once again growing inside him. [i]"... I want to go home! I never should've ran away!"[/i] **** That night Mio's uncomfortable sleep was broken by a loud, angry screech and claws digging into his fur. He yelped in surprise before tearing away, losing some blue fur in the process, and turning to face his attacker. The wildclaw's blue eyes gleamed in the moonlight as she watched him with a defensive snarl on her face. "Who are you?" She barked out the question to him. Mio flinched back. "I-I... S-orry..." "Answer the question!" A larger dragon landed and walked over. "Savior, what's going on?" "I found an intruder." As if to emphasize her statement, she took another step closer. [i]"These were the dragons I was tracking..."[/i] Mio lowered himself closer to the ground submissively before looking past Savior towards the shadowed dragon behind her. "Savage? Is that you?" The large dragons tensed and moved closer until he was next to Savior. "... Mio? Is that you?" "Savage!" The tundra jumped up and ran towards his brother before jerking to a stop when he remembered the wildclaw. "... I... I've been looking for you..." "I thought you were dead!" The ridgeback lowered his head to stare at him. "When that shattered serpent came after us and I no longer saw you or it behind me I thought it had gotten you." Savage's companion cleared her throat. "Who is this?" "My brother I told you about." Savage looked down at her. "This is Mio." Her stance relaxed and she nodded in greeting to the tundra. "Sorry I attacked you then. There aren't many dragons out here who are friendly." "...Yeah... I know." He stared at the ground. "I wish I could find a way home." "That's where Savior is taking us. She said she found a group of dragons and was willing to help me get home." Savior rolled her eyes and scoffed. "I found him half dead with vultures flying overhead. After fighting them off and bringing him back to health he wouldn't stop blabbing about finding you so we searched for a few days before giving up. [i]After[/i] that I started helping to lead him back to your group." "We're still kinda far..." Savage sighed. "Its slow going but we'll get there." "Might be slower with that leg." Savior pointed out. Mio blushed under his fur and shifted his bad leg closer to his body. "I-I'll be fine. I can keep up." "Then let's get some rest. We scouted a good route so we'll be able to move again in the morning."
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 60

RNG rolled 36

amount of battles rolled: 18

I took Megalodon, Xanice, and Saiph to Woodland Path for 10 rounds

Megalodon grew to level 7

Saiph grew to level 6

Xanice lost 1 life

Then I went back with Xanice, Saiph, and Leslie for 8 rounds

Xanice grew to level 7

Pinkerton drop Vial of River Muck

art/ lore day

Mio limped through the sand in search for anything to eat or drink. After being lost and alone for so long he'd given up finding his brother. It had been rough trying to survive alone but somehow he'd managed despite the injury he'd gotten in a scrap with a vulture. Mio had learned the hard way not to sleep in the open unless he wanted sharp talons and a hard beak sinking into his flesh.

The scent trail the young tundra had been following finally led him to a small pond suitable to drink from. However, the water wasn't what that smell had been... dragons were nearby. He couldn't quite put a claw on it but one of the scents smelled familiar. Was it his mothers? Someone from the group? He carefully sniffed the humid air and wracked his brain for the answer.

"...Brother? Savage... Savage was here! When though? Will he be back? Is he looking for me?" Mio tried to sniff around and search for the path the two scents had gone rather than came from. "I need to find him... He'll help us find home..."

He finally gave up after patrolling the small area and went back to get a refreshing drink of water. Mio rested, not knowing what else to do at the moment, but eventually felt the gnawing hunger claw at his stomach once more. With a sigh he got up and waded into the shallow pond to reach the plants growing under the water. Finally, he'd gathered enough to make a meal of it and went back to the shore to let it dry before eating the slimy plants.

"...Not great but... I don't have much else..." He sighed and adjusted some of his scavenged gear to distract himself from the misery once again growing inside him. "... I want to go home! I never should've ran away!"

That night Mio's uncomfortable sleep was broken by a loud, angry screech and claws digging into his fur. He yelped in surprise before tearing away, losing some blue fur in the process, and turning to face his attacker. The wildclaw's blue eyes gleamed in the moonlight as she watched him with a defensive snarl on her face.

"Who are you?" She barked out the question to him.

Mio flinched back. "I-I... S-orry..."

"Answer the question!"

A larger dragon landed and walked over. "Savior, what's going on?"

"I found an intruder." As if to emphasize her statement, she took another step closer.

"These were the dragons I was tracking..." Mio lowered himself closer to the ground submissively before looking past Savior towards the shadowed dragon behind her. "Savage? Is that you?"

The large dragons tensed and moved closer until he was next to Savior. "... Mio? Is that you?"

"Savage!" The tundra jumped up and ran towards his brother before jerking to a stop when he remembered the wildclaw. "... I... I've been looking for you..."

"I thought you were dead!" The ridgeback lowered his head to stare at him. "When that shattered serpent came after us and I no longer saw you or it behind me I thought it had gotten you."

Savage's companion cleared her throat. "Who is this?"

"My brother I told you about." Savage looked down at her. "This is Mio."

Her stance relaxed and she nodded in greeting to the tundra. "Sorry I attacked you then. There aren't many dragons out here who are friendly."

"...Yeah... I know." He stared at the ground. "I wish I could find a way home."

"That's where Savior is taking us. She said she found a group of dragons and was willing to help me get home."

Savior rolled her eyes and scoffed. "I found him half dead with vultures flying overhead. After fighting them off and bringing him back to health he wouldn't stop blabbing about finding you so we searched for a few days before giving up. After that I started helping to lead him back to your group."

"We're still kinda far..." Savage sighed. "Its slow going but we'll get there."

"Might be slower with that leg." Savior pointed out.

Mio blushed under his fur and shifted his bad leg closer to his body. "I-I'll be fine. I can keep up."

"Then let's get some rest. We scouted a good route so we'll be able to move again in the morning."
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 61[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 101[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Enchanted Remains] art/ lore day ------------------- "Remember no one is to go out alone anymore." Sugar Meadow sighed in irritation, which ended in a growl. "And [i]I[/i] will be the one checking on the Emperor with a patrol of dragons I select each day." "It's not Alenia's fault she was killed by that thing. She was blind! She didn't know she was so close!" Cyanide pointed out. She forced herself not to bare her teeth at the nocturne. "Alenia could certainly [i]smell[/i] that emperor and going after hatchlings is certainly no excuse for any dragon- blind or not- to go searching alone." The guardian noticed Munia shuffle her feet and look down at the ground but decided not to call the mourning mother out. [i]"No harm was done and Thanis was with her most of the time. No need to snap at her for it when she lost so much recently."[/i] Not feeling like lecturing the group of dragons before her, Sugar Meadow dismissed them. "...Thanis, I'd like to speak with you." The strong guardian walked over. "I'll make sure this won't happen again." "I know you won't. You've been doing a good job keeping things running smoothly... I honestly don't think any dragon could've prevented Alenia from going off on her own. Her death was a freak accident-" "Literally..." He scoffed. "The head that crushed her- Eurfryn- was woken up momentarily by her presence but the magic quickly put it back to sleep, which is why she was crushed." She went on and ignored his interruption. "...But I feel you have been distracted lately." The blue dragon stiffened. "I'm as focused as ever." "You are free to have a mate and hatchlings if you wish as much as any dragon but if family is hindering you I suggest you solve the issues before it costs you or your siblings another death in the family." Sugar Meadow's gaze flickered over to Zaer as he left camp with a gathering patrol. "Especially your brother. I know you've never gotten along but it's getting ridiculous." "I've tried talking to him about his actions. He won't see reason since his- our- father died." Thanis relaxed slightly hearing this was about his brother. "I don't know what else I can do with him. I've been helping Munia through it to reduce the drama and make sure she continues pulling her weight but that shouldn't be my job and he [i]knows[/i] that." "...She's your charge though. Isn't she." "What?" He gave a short laugh. "As if I need a charge to take care of. I do have tundra blood in me, perhaps I'll never want to find one." "Don't lie to me." Sugar Meadow flared her wings slightly. "I don't particularly care, I was just making sure there wasn't more drama coming with a love triangle... and its also getting a little obvious." "...It's because of her being my charge that the hatchlings ran off. They got the wrong impression, Munia never told them who their father really was, I corrected them... and now they're gone." He shook his head and began walking off. "I fixed my mistake the best I could. That's all that matters. Keeping that emperor asleep is the important thing here. Not missing dead hatchlings or a lover's quarrel or feelings." "Just make sure this doesn't become a bigger deal than it was already made into. Do whatever needs to be done." "You got it."
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 61

RNG rolled 101

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Enchanted Remains

art/ lore day

"Remember no one is to go out alone anymore." Sugar Meadow sighed in irritation, which ended in a growl. "And I will be the one checking on the Emperor with a patrol of dragons I select each day."

"It's not Alenia's fault she was killed by that thing. She was blind! She didn't know she was so close!" Cyanide pointed out.

She forced herself not to bare her teeth at the nocturne. "Alenia could certainly smell that emperor and going after hatchlings is certainly no excuse for any dragon- blind or not- to go searching alone."

The guardian noticed Munia shuffle her feet and look down at the ground but decided not to call the mourning mother out. "No harm was done and Thanis was with her most of the time. No need to snap at her for it when she lost so much recently."

Not feeling like lecturing the group of dragons before her, Sugar Meadow dismissed them. "...Thanis, I'd like to speak with you."

The strong guardian walked over. "I'll make sure this won't happen again."

"I know you won't. You've been doing a good job keeping things running smoothly... I honestly don't think any dragon could've prevented Alenia from going off on her own. Her death was a freak accident-"

"Literally..." He scoffed.

"The head that crushed her- Eurfryn- was woken up momentarily by her presence but the magic quickly put it back to sleep, which is why she was crushed." She went on and ignored his interruption. "...But I feel you have been distracted lately."

The blue dragon stiffened. "I'm as focused as ever."

"You are free to have a mate and hatchlings if you wish as much as any dragon but if family is hindering you I suggest you solve the issues before it costs you or your siblings another death in the family." Sugar Meadow's gaze flickered over to Zaer as he left camp with a gathering patrol. "Especially your brother. I know you've never gotten along but it's getting ridiculous."

"I've tried talking to him about his actions. He won't see reason since his- our- father died." Thanis relaxed slightly hearing this was about his brother. "I don't know what else I can do with him. I've been helping Munia through it to reduce the drama and make sure she continues pulling her weight but that shouldn't be my job and he knows that."

"...She's your charge though. Isn't she."

"What?" He gave a short laugh. "As if I need a charge to take care of. I do have tundra blood in me, perhaps I'll never want to find one."

"Don't lie to me." Sugar Meadow flared her wings slightly. "I don't particularly care, I was just making sure there wasn't more drama coming with a love triangle... and its also getting a little obvious."

"...It's because of her being my charge that the hatchlings ran off. They got the wrong impression, Munia never told them who their father really was, I corrected them... and now they're gone." He shook his head and began walking off. "I fixed my mistake the best I could. That's all that matters. Keeping that emperor asleep is the important thing here. Not missing dead hatchlings or a lover's quarrel or feelings."

"Just make sure this doesn't become a bigger deal than it was already made into. Do whatever needs to be done."

"You got it."
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 62[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 87[/u] Death Streak! I took Munia, Hendrick, and Xanice to Scorched Forest Xanice lost 3 lives Hendrick and Munia each lost 1 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Fractured Tusk] art/ lore day -------------------- Xanice gave a growl under his breath as his wounds were treated. No matter how hard he seemed to train he could never become as good as his brother Thanis. [i]"Tundras are small, weak dragons..."[/i] He scowled down at his furry chest at the thought. [i]Why can't I be a strong guardian like him? I was the favorite son... yet no one really remembers I exist anymore when I'm just around camp."[/i] He shrugged Imoen off and walked away, ignoring the sting from the remaining injuries. They'd scab over soon enough on their own anyway. Still, he couldn't help but stare at the others who'd been on patrol with him bitterly. Sure, the skirmish had given them some wounds as well but not nearly as many as he'd obtained. Xanice wondered where it had gone wrong. He'd practiced his magic power and focused increasing the rate he could build his breath for more magical attacks yet he didn't see any change. [i]"It's like I can't be better than the average fighter... I'm just some average dragon no matter what I do."[/i] "Hey, Xanice." Venger trotted over in greeting, which was quite unusual for his brother to do. "...You okay? Did Imoen run out of bandages? I'm sure Zaer and her will get more soon." He gave a huff and turned away. "No, I just don't need them wasting supplies on me. Obviously I don't need them like [i]some[/i] weak dragons." Venger flinched back looking hurt before turning away with a muttered 'sorry' under his breath. Xanice shook his head as he saw the shy tundra walking back over to Ulysses... Those two were almost always together. He didn't understand why but at least Venger wasn't constantly underfoot. Xanice walked into the den and curled up in his nest. He'd had enough socialization for the day and was exhausted from all the walking and fighting. He was weak but tomorrow would just be another day to get stronger.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 62

RNG rolled 87

Death Streak!

I took Munia, Hendrick, and Xanice to Scorched Forest
Xanice lost 3 lives
Hendrick and Munia each lost 1

Pinkerton drop Fractured Tusk

art/ lore day

Xanice gave a growl under his breath as his wounds were treated. No matter how hard he seemed to train he could never become as good as his brother Thanis.

"Tundras are small, weak dragons..." He scowled down at his furry chest at the thought. Why can't I be a strong guardian like him? I was the favorite son... yet no one really remembers I exist anymore when I'm just around camp."

He shrugged Imoen off and walked away, ignoring the sting from the remaining injuries. They'd scab over soon enough on their own anyway. Still, he couldn't help but stare at the others who'd been on patrol with him bitterly. Sure, the skirmish had given them some wounds as well but not nearly as many as he'd obtained. Xanice wondered where it had gone wrong. He'd practiced his magic power and focused increasing the rate he could build his breath for more magical attacks yet he didn't see any change.

"It's like I can't be better than the average fighter... I'm just some average dragon no matter what I do."

"Hey, Xanice." Venger trotted over in greeting, which was quite unusual for his brother to do. "...You okay? Did Imoen run out of bandages? I'm sure Zaer and her will get more soon."

He gave a huff and turned away. "No, I just don't need them wasting supplies on me. Obviously I don't need them like some weak dragons."

Venger flinched back looking hurt before turning away with a muttered 'sorry' under his breath. Xanice shook his head as he saw the shy tundra walking back over to Ulysses... Those two were almost always together. He didn't understand why but at least Venger wasn't constantly underfoot.

Xanice walked into the den and curled up in his nest. He'd had enough socialization for the day and was exhausted from all the walking and fighting. He was weak but tomorrow would just be another day to get stronger.
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 63[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 126[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Glade Swarmer] 20-30 coli rounds I took Sugar Meadow, Balkan, and Thanis to Forgotten Cave for 30 rounds Balkan grew to level 12 Sugar Meadow grew to level 13 Balkan lost 1 life but I used the Charge rule so he lost another life for Sugar Meadow Sugar Meadow lost 1 life (2 total but as Balkan already took 1 I let her lose the other one) Will update once it's ready to post **** And because I wanted to work on drawing familiars I decided to draw an Augite Protector since Alenia was killed by one [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/c953509fb2e162f4eb53a3a7c923fecf/tumblr_prnuu7hJgI1y78bexo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 63

RNG rolled 126

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Glade Swarmer

20-30 coli rounds

I took Sugar Meadow, Balkan, and Thanis to Forgotten Cave for 30 rounds

Balkan grew to level 12
Sugar Meadow grew to level 13

Balkan lost 1 life but I used the Charge rule so he lost another life for Sugar Meadow

Sugar Meadow lost 1 life (2 total but as Balkan already took 1 I let her lose the other one)

Will update once it's ready to post

And because I wanted to work on drawing familiars I decided to draw an Augite Protector since Alenia was killed by one

tumblr_prnuu7hJgI1y78bexo1_1280.jpg
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 64[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 106[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Spiral Aloe] 10-20 coli rounds I took Savage, Mio, and Savior to the Woodland Path for 20 rounds Savage lost 3 lives Savior lost 1 life Mio lost 2 lives The three are now all level 5 ------------ It was just another early morning of walking for hours on end for the trio of dragons. Mio walked in the back due to his limp and because Savage's large figure would help block him from the sun later on while Savior boldly took the lead, as she knew the way home and- being a wildclaw- saw protecting the two of them as part of her duties. It was almost amusing considering her size compared to his ridgeback brother's. "How do you know we're going the right way?" Mio questioned, still confused on how Savior knew where their home was. She kept her gaze forward but answered him. "I saw two dragons that looked like the two of you searching what appeared to be a guarded territory for something. I didn't think much of it and didn't want trouble so I kept out of sight and moved on until I stumbled across Savage and recognized the smell." "But you're a water dragon, why did you go through Plague? How do you know the way back for sure?" This time her response held a growling undertone to it. "I have my own reasons to travel... not that you really need to know but I'm a sword for hire. That along with my excellent navigating skills keeps me fed and is why I know how to get you home." Savage's tail flicked him and Mio saw his brother tilt his head back ever so slightly to give him a look that said 'stop annoying our guide'. The tundra went silent but was still burning with questions for Savior as well as his brother. They hadn't gotten to talk much since meeting up due to being dead tired at the end of the day or trying to keep an eye out for danger while travelling. He was beginning to wonder if he'd ever get a full story on what happened. "Wait!" Savior halted and tensed as she looked around cautiously. "...Something isn't right..." Mio listened carefully for whatever she could've been talking about. Surely there wasn't something this early in the day, right? [i]"What did she notice? All I hear is the sand being blown in the- Oh... Oh! There's no wind! That's it... But... what is it?"[/i] He stared around, finally noticing the sand beginning to shift around them. Mio was about to give a warning but it only came out as a yelp, as the dune lurched under his feet and sent him crashing to the dirt. The tundra scrambled away and felt scales brush his tail. Suddenly more shattered serpents burst from the sand and began attacking them. He quickly began using his magic to knock them back but the nest of snakes continued their relentless attacks. Savior was trying to defend both of them but Savage was already taking a beating due to being the largest target around. Mio watched as the stirring sands knocked the ridgeback to the ground and brown scales began covering him, holding the large dragon down. "Savage!" Mio knocked a few away but more kept coming. "Get up... Brother... we need your help...!" Fangs sank deep into his wing and he tore free, feeling the thin membrane rip as he did so. Mio tucked his wings closer and was relieved when Savior used her water magic to enhance her slashes. Slowly, the serpents began to retreat deeper into their hidden nest in the sand below with glaring eyes aimed at the wildclaw. The two panted as the last slithered away before Mio looked back at Savage's bloodied form. The blue ridgeback was already dragging himself out of the sand but it was clear he wasn't well. His steps were unsteady and he left a trail any predator was sure to follow if they found it... Mio shuddered at the thought. "We need to find a place to stay." He spoke up, still not taking his eyes off Savage. "No. We keep going." His brother shook his head and spread his wings out in an attempt to keep his balance. "...W-we need to get home." "Mio's right. You can't travel in that condition." Savior poked one of the deeper wounds on his belly, which caused Savage to flinch with a snarl of pain. "We won't make it far with you like this and leaving these unattended could mean our travel is slowed for a longer time later on." "...Fine." Mio relaxed slightly upon hearing Savage listen to reasoning and followed beside his brother as Savior lead the way out of the shattered serpent nest. As they were leaving it behind he swore he saw several pairs of eyes watching them from gaps in rocks and didn't doubt some were peaking out from under the sand as well. Finally, Savior deemed they were far enough away and made camp next to some boulders that would provide shelter from predatory eyes searching for an easy meal. Savage merely collapsed in a large puff of sand after arriving and Mio watched worriedly as Savior began using her stores of water magic to wash the blood off his scales and clean his wounds. [i]"He'll be okay... he has to be. We're so close to being home..."[/i] Mio curled up and pressed his back against the rock behind him. [i]"Plaguebringer please... don't take him from me so soon."[/i]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 64

RNG rolled 106

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Spiral Aloe

10-20 coli rounds

I took Savage, Mio, and Savior to the Woodland Path for 20 rounds

Savage lost 3 lives
Savior lost 1 life
Mio lost 2 lives

The three are now all level 5

It was just another early morning of walking for hours on end for the trio of dragons. Mio walked in the back due to his limp and because Savage's large figure would help block him from the sun later on while Savior boldly took the lead, as she knew the way home and- being a wildclaw- saw protecting the two of them as part of her duties. It was almost amusing considering her size compared to his ridgeback brother's.

"How do you know we're going the right way?" Mio questioned, still confused on how Savior knew where their home was.

She kept her gaze forward but answered him. "I saw two dragons that looked like the two of you searching what appeared to be a guarded territory for something. I didn't think much of it and didn't want trouble so I kept out of sight and moved on until I stumbled across Savage and recognized the smell."

"But you're a water dragon, why did you go through Plague? How do you know the way back for sure?"

This time her response held a growling undertone to it. "I have my own reasons to travel... not that you really need to know but I'm a sword for hire. That along with my excellent navigating skills keeps me fed and is why I know how to get you home."

Savage's tail flicked him and Mio saw his brother tilt his head back ever so slightly to give him a look that said 'stop annoying our guide'. The tundra went silent but was still burning with questions for Savior as well as his brother. They hadn't gotten to talk much since meeting up due to being dead tired at the end of the day or trying to keep an eye out for danger while travelling. He was beginning to wonder if he'd ever get a full story on what happened.

"Wait!" Savior halted and tensed as she looked around cautiously. "...Something isn't right..."

Mio listened carefully for whatever she could've been talking about. Surely there wasn't something this early in the day, right? "What did she notice? All I hear is the sand being blown in the- Oh... Oh! There's no wind! That's it... But... what is it?"

He stared around, finally noticing the sand beginning to shift around them. Mio was about to give a warning but it only came out as a yelp, as the dune lurched under his feet and sent him crashing to the dirt. The tundra scrambled away and felt scales brush his tail. Suddenly more shattered serpents burst from the sand and began attacking them.

He quickly began using his magic to knock them back but the nest of snakes continued their relentless attacks. Savior was trying to defend both of them but Savage was already taking a beating due to being the largest target around. Mio watched as the stirring sands knocked the ridgeback to the ground and brown scales began covering him, holding the large dragon down.

"Savage!" Mio knocked a few away but more kept coming. "Get up... Brother... we need your help...!"

Fangs sank deep into his wing and he tore free, feeling the thin membrane rip as he did so. Mio tucked his wings closer and was relieved when Savior used her water magic to enhance her slashes. Slowly, the serpents began to retreat deeper into their hidden nest in the sand below with glaring eyes aimed at the wildclaw.

The two panted as the last slithered away before Mio looked back at Savage's bloodied form. The blue ridgeback was already dragging himself out of the sand but it was clear he wasn't well. His steps were unsteady and he left a trail any predator was sure to follow if they found it... Mio shuddered at the thought.

"We need to find a place to stay." He spoke up, still not taking his eyes off Savage.

"No. We keep going." His brother shook his head and spread his wings out in an attempt to keep his balance. "...W-we need to get home."

"Mio's right. You can't travel in that condition." Savior poked one of the deeper wounds on his belly, which caused Savage to flinch with a snarl of pain. "We won't make it far with you like this and leaving these unattended could mean our travel is slowed for a longer time later on."

"...Fine."

Mio relaxed slightly upon hearing Savage listen to reasoning and followed beside his brother as Savior lead the way out of the shattered serpent nest. As they were leaving it behind he swore he saw several pairs of eyes watching them from gaps in rocks and didn't doubt some were peaking out from under the sand as well.

Finally, Savior deemed they were far enough away and made camp next to some boulders that would provide shelter from predatory eyes searching for an easy meal. Savage merely collapsed in a large puff of sand after arriving and Mio watched worriedly as Savior began using her stores of water magic to wash the blood off his scales and clean his wounds.

"He'll be okay... he has to be. We're so close to being home..." Mio curled up and pressed his back against the rock behind him. "Plaguebringer please... don't take him from me so soon."

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 65[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 46[/u] RNG decided on 20 rounds I took Thanis, Balkan, and Sugar Meadow to Forgotten Cave for 10 rounds Thanis grew to level 12 Thanis lost 1 life Then I took Ulysses, Venger, and Hinata to Woodland Path for 10 rounds Ulysses lost 2 lives Venger lost 3 lives Hinata lost 1 life Ulysses is now level 5 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Sanded Ash Plank] art/ lore day ---------------- [i]The barren landscape around her was dark and foggy- unusual for the area in Light. The mist clung to her scales as she walked the abandoned territory and she briefly watched it swirl around her legs before glancing up as she began entering the familiar camp where her clan would live in harmony among ancient ruins, though the place was now deserted. Sugar Meadow knew this place well. It had been her home before her downfall. Last time she'd been here however there had still been life despite recent threats from nearby clans. Her foot bumped into something hidden under the fog and she used her wings to blow it away momentarily to reveal a skull rolling away. She jerked back and looked around. Now that she was really paying attention she could see other signs of death in the ruins of the camp. A rotten wing sticking up there, a clawed arm resting after a struggle to crawl away ended poorly, armor in a heap that would suggest a dragon skeleton underneath... "What happened here?" She turned this way and that, trying to make sense of it all. "They were alive!" Sugar Meadow ran, feeling bones crack underfoot as she did so, before spreading her wings and flying to a perch on a stable looking pillar. A few rocks clattered down as she gripped the column and looked down on the home she'd been exiled from. Nothing was left here except crumbling ruins and skeletons. "This is your fault." A sing-song voice chimed and echoed through the air, though it was impossible to locate the source. "You let your ego and cowardice get in the way. When the attack came you let your clan down. Their deaths are all on you..." "No they aren't! They were fine when I left!" Her outraged roar seemed to be swallowed up by the rising mist. The feminine voice deepened to a darker, menacing tone. "You betray them, Lightweaver's devoted subjects, to die at the hands of darkness and Shadow!" "I would be dead with them!" "Then it would have been with honor you accursed wyrm and death will only follow you." "I am making things right! I am following Lightweaver's wishes to contain one of her failed children." "...Death follows you. More will fall..." A shadow of a draconic creature rose on the broken wall across from her, though what was making it she couldn't see. "A choice will be made... Stand or fall will you do it with them or flee again? Your deity will not care either way... You are a mere speck like any other dragon. I for one am curious as to how this will all turn out..." "Who are you!?" She growled and spread her wings once more, intending to strike out at the unknown creature. A gruff laugh filled the area but there was no response and the shadow was now gone. Sugar Meadow snarled and dug her claws deeper into the pillar until cracks began forming, moments later it broke and she was falling down towards the rubble littering the ground below. [/i] The guardian jerked awake and looked around her den. She was back in the camp like usual... that dream had seemed so real though... Sugar Meadow got up and checked on her pearl, which upon gazing into it had a new memory placed into it of a deserted camp filled with a hazy mist with the remains of past clanmates... and a pair of glowing white eyes staring from the darkest shadows she'd ever seen. [i]"I'll be watching you my little pet..."[/i] A chiming voice seemed to whisper in her ear before the memory faded away back into the depths of the pearl. Sugar Meadow sat it down and backed away, suddenly feeling unsafe in the shadowy den, and hurried outside to start her day in hopes she could clear her head.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 65

RNG rolled 46

RNG decided on 20 rounds

I took Thanis, Balkan, and Sugar Meadow to Forgotten Cave for 10 rounds

Thanis grew to level 12
Thanis lost 1 life

Then I took Ulysses, Venger, and Hinata to Woodland Path for 10 rounds

Ulysses lost 2 lives
Venger lost 3 lives
Hinata lost 1 life

Ulysses is now level 5

Pinkerton drop Sanded Ash Plank

art/ lore day

The barren landscape around her was dark and foggy- unusual for the area in Light. The mist clung to her scales as she walked the abandoned territory and she briefly watched it swirl around her legs before glancing up as she began entering the familiar camp where her clan would live in harmony among ancient ruins, though the place was now deserted.

Sugar Meadow knew this place well. It had been her home before her downfall. Last time she'd been here however there had still been life despite recent threats from nearby clans. Her foot bumped into something hidden under the fog and she used her wings to blow it away momentarily to reveal a skull rolling away.

She jerked back and looked around. Now that she was really paying attention she could see other signs of death in the ruins of the camp. A rotten wing sticking up there, a clawed arm resting after a struggle to crawl away ended poorly, armor in a heap that would suggest a dragon skeleton underneath...

"What happened here?" She turned this way and that, trying to make sense of it all. "They were alive!"

Sugar Meadow ran, feeling bones crack underfoot as she did so, before spreading her wings and flying to a perch on a stable looking pillar. A few rocks clattered down as she gripped the column and looked down on the home she'd been exiled from. Nothing was left here except crumbling ruins and skeletons.

"This is your fault." A sing-song voice chimed and echoed through the air, though it was impossible to locate the source. "You let your ego and cowardice get in the way. When the attack came you let your clan down. Their deaths are all on you..."

"No they aren't! They were fine when I left!" Her outraged roar seemed to be swallowed up by the rising mist.

The feminine voice deepened to a darker, menacing tone. "You betray them, Lightweaver's devoted subjects, to die at the hands of darkness and Shadow!"

"I would be dead with them!"

"Then it would have been with honor you accursed wyrm and death will only follow you."

"I am making things right! I am following Lightweaver's wishes to contain one of her failed children."

"...Death follows you. More will fall..." A shadow of a draconic creature rose on the broken wall across from her, though what was making it she couldn't see. "A choice will be made... Stand or fall will you do it with them or flee again? Your deity will not care either way... You are a mere speck like any other dragon. I for one am curious as to how this will all turn out..."

"Who are you!?" She growled and spread her wings once more, intending to strike out at the unknown creature.

A gruff laugh filled the area but there was no response and the shadow was now gone. Sugar Meadow snarled and dug her claws deeper into the pillar until cracks began forming, moments later it broke and she was falling down towards the rubble littering the ground below.

The guardian jerked awake and looked around her den. She was back in the camp like usual... that dream had seemed so real though... Sugar Meadow got up and checked on her pearl, which upon gazing into it had a new memory placed into it of a deserted camp filled with a hazy mist with the remains of past clanmates... and a pair of glowing white eyes staring from the darkest shadows she'd ever seen.

"I'll be watching you my little pet..." A chiming voice seemed to whisper in her ear before the memory faded away back into the depths of the pearl.

Sugar Meadow sat it down and backed away, suddenly feeling unsafe in the shadowy den, and hurried outside to start her day in hopes she could clear her head.
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 66[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 124[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Speckled Hogfish] 40-50 rounds in the coli I took Savage, Mio, and Savior to Woodland Path for 20 rounds Savage lost 1 life The three are now level 6 Then I took Zaer, Aspeia, and Imoen to Sandswept Delta for 30 rounds Zaer lost 3 lives Zaer and Imoen are now level 10 ------------- Sugar Meadow arrived back at camp as the sun was setting on another day. Most of the patrols were back and she watched Balkan break out of her own patrol to greet his family while Thanis walked over to meet with her. "Anything unusual?" She shook her head. "All seems well... What about here?" His green and red eyes narrowed. "There was an incident with my brother Zaer." [i]"Naturally..."[/i] She gave an irritated sigh. "What now?" "He was coming back with Imoen after they were collecting ingredients for more potions and materials to make wraps with but when they were walking back down into camp he just collapsed and came tumbling down until he hit the bottom." The blue guardian shrugged and gave a slight nod to the healing den. "Creir and Rolan carried him in there. Imoen says he's got some broken bones from the fall." "I can't leave camp without [i]something[/i] happening can I?" She rolled her eyes. "... I knew he was looking a little worse for wear. Tell Imoen to make sure he's getting enough to eat once he wakes up. He might be drowning in his own drama right now but stressing out and starving over it isn't helping him." "Alright." Thanis bowed before walking off to pass along the message. Sugar Meadow growled lowly under her breath. Couldn't one day pass without some drama happening between those siblings? Balkan's hatchlings weren't dramatic. Still, her scales prickled as she thought about Zaer... was her dream right? Did death come with her? [i]"No... that can't be true. How could it be? I bet my ex-clan is still living in those ruins too."[/i] She paced around restlessly in front of her den. [i]"... But it was so real... and that image in my pearl... Surely it meant something about that dream was different... We have enough dragons... I should send some to check it out- prove its nothing more than my mind playing tricks on me to make me worry."[/i] Her steps came to a pause as she scanned the available dragons. Who to send though? She thought about it for a long while before calling three dragons over to her. They looked confused as they approached but waited patiently for her to speak. "I need you three to check on something for me in the Lightweaver's territory. I'll give you a map to your location but I must implore you not to let the dragons there catch you or find out I sent you." "Are we attacking someone?" Saiph cocked her head to the side. "I thought our group was here to keep the emperor in check." "We are. However, I have had a dream about my old home that worries me. We might dislike each other but I do not wish for what happened in my dream to be true for any clan... I simply want you to check they're still in the territory and return to tell me what you found. No fighting, no meeting them, just look and come home." "... Oookay..." Rolan seemed unsure of the task. "What if they aren't there?" "Then that is what the results of your report will be." Sugar Meadow paused uneasily. Should she warn them about the strange creature there? She wasn't sure it even existed. "... Just be careful while you're there. If the clan is gone you have no idea what could be there now. You three leave at dawn." "Wait." Ulysses stood still while Saiph and Rolan dispersed to their dens. "I..." "What?" Her impatience was returning. "... Can four of us go? Venger would hate it if I just left..." The pink mirror shifted his wings and didn't meet her gaze. "I promised to help train him- and he's getting better- but I think this could be good for him to learn... It also couldn't hurt to take another dragon since we'll be headed to unknown territory." Sugar Meadow took a deep breath and forced back her annoyance. "Yes, yes, fine. Venger can go as well... But that's it. Four dragons should be more than enough and I don't want to draw attention on this mission." "Thank you." He nodded before running off. The guardian stepped back into her den and laid down. [i]"I hope I'm doing the right thing sending them off... What if that creature is there... watching... waiting to kill them? It would be their blood on my claws for sending them to check it out..."[/i]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 66

RNG rolled 124

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Speckled Hogfish

40-50 rounds in the coli

I took Savage, Mio, and Savior to Woodland Path for 20 rounds

Savage lost 1 life
The three are now level 6

Then I took Zaer, Aspeia, and Imoen to Sandswept Delta for 30 rounds

Zaer lost 3 lives
Zaer and Imoen are now level 10

Sugar Meadow arrived back at camp as the sun was setting on another day. Most of the patrols were back and she watched Balkan break out of her own patrol to greet his family while Thanis walked over to meet with her.

"Anything unusual?"

She shook her head. "All seems well... What about here?"

His green and red eyes narrowed. "There was an incident with my brother Zaer."

"Naturally..." She gave an irritated sigh. "What now?"

"He was coming back with Imoen after they were collecting ingredients for more potions and materials to make wraps with but when they were walking back down into camp he just collapsed and came tumbling down until he hit the bottom." The blue guardian shrugged and gave a slight nod to the healing den. "Creir and Rolan carried him in there. Imoen says he's got some broken bones from the fall."

"I can't leave camp without something happening can I?" She rolled her eyes. "... I knew he was looking a little worse for wear. Tell Imoen to make sure he's getting enough to eat once he wakes up. He might be drowning in his own drama right now but stressing out and starving over it isn't helping him."

"Alright." Thanis bowed before walking off to pass along the message.

Sugar Meadow growled lowly under her breath. Couldn't one day pass without some drama happening between those siblings? Balkan's hatchlings weren't dramatic. Still, her scales prickled as she thought about Zaer... was her dream right? Did death come with her?

"No... that can't be true. How could it be? I bet my ex-clan is still living in those ruins too." She paced around restlessly in front of her den. "... But it was so real... and that image in my pearl... Surely it meant something about that dream was different... We have enough dragons... I should send some to check it out- prove its nothing more than my mind playing tricks on me to make me worry."

Her steps came to a pause as she scanned the available dragons. Who to send though? She thought about it for a long while before calling three dragons over to her. They looked confused as they approached but waited patiently for her to speak.

"I need you three to check on something for me in the Lightweaver's territory. I'll give you a map to your location but I must implore you not to let the dragons there catch you or find out I sent you."

"Are we attacking someone?" Saiph cocked her head to the side. "I thought our group was here to keep the emperor in check."

"We are. However, I have had a dream about my old home that worries me. We might dislike each other but I do not wish for what happened in my dream to be true for any clan... I simply want you to check they're still in the territory and return to tell me what you found. No fighting, no meeting them, just look and come home."

"... Oookay..." Rolan seemed unsure of the task. "What if they aren't there?"

"Then that is what the results of your report will be." Sugar Meadow paused uneasily. Should she warn them about the strange creature there? She wasn't sure it even existed. "... Just be careful while you're there. If the clan is gone you have no idea what could be there now. You three leave at dawn."

"Wait." Ulysses stood still while Saiph and Rolan dispersed to their dens. "I..."

"What?" Her impatience was returning.

"... Can four of us go? Venger would hate it if I just left..." The pink mirror shifted his wings and didn't meet her gaze. "I promised to help train him- and he's getting better- but I think this could be good for him to learn... It also couldn't hurt to take another dragon since we'll be headed to unknown territory."

Sugar Meadow took a deep breath and forced back her annoyance. "Yes, yes, fine. Venger can go as well... But that's it. Four dragons should be more than enough and I don't want to draw attention on this mission."

"Thank you." He nodded before running off.

The guardian stepped back into her den and laid down. "I hope I'm doing the right thing sending them off... What if that creature is there... watching... waiting to kill them? It would be their blood on my claws for sending them to check it out..."
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 67[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 107[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Baku Tusk] art/ lore day ----- Rolan circled impatiently around the supplies near the entrance to the camp. The others were so [i]slow[/i] in preparing. "They'll be along shortly." His mother looked over at him from her guard position. "Don't be so impatient." "Sugar Meadow said to leave in the morning. I just want to make sure we'll be following instructions." "You don't even know what's out there." His brother, Creir, spoke up as he walked up the path with their sister. "I'm sure it'll be dangerous." "Come back safe okay?" Hinata butted her head gently against him in farewell. "We'll be waiting to hear about the trip too." Rolan lowered his head to look at his family. "I'll be back before you know it." "Your father will be proud of you." His mother smiled before standing up as her shift ended and Aspeia came to take her place. Rolan watched his family leave before turning away and putting some packs on his back. Finally more footsteps approached as the others gathered around him. He looked over when he saw Venger sitting in back with a small bag and his gaze flickered to the others. "Why's he here?" "He's coming to help us." Ulysses spoke up. The guardian didn't question the matter further, he was just itching to get started on this journey. Ulysses took the lead while Venger pulled out a map and walked beside him giving general directions. Rolan stretched his wings and flew overhead, he wasn't sure how long this would take but if they kept up this pace then surely they'd be there in no time.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 67

RNG rolled 107

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Baku Tusk

art/ lore day

Rolan circled impatiently around the supplies near the entrance to the camp. The others were so slow in preparing.

"They'll be along shortly." His mother looked over at him from her guard position. "Don't be so impatient."

"Sugar Meadow said to leave in the morning. I just want to make sure we'll be following instructions."

"You don't even know what's out there." His brother, Creir, spoke up as he walked up the path with their sister. "I'm sure it'll be dangerous."

"Come back safe okay?" Hinata butted her head gently against him in farewell. "We'll be waiting to hear about the trip too."

Rolan lowered his head to look at his family. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Your father will be proud of you." His mother smiled before standing up as her shift ended and Aspeia came to take her place.

Rolan watched his family leave before turning away and putting some packs on his back. Finally more footsteps approached as the others gathered around him. He looked over when he saw Venger sitting in back with a small bag and his gaze flickered to the others. "Why's he here?"

"He's coming to help us." Ulysses spoke up.

The guardian didn't question the matter further, he was just itching to get started on this journey. Ulysses took the lead while Venger pulled out a map and walked beside him giving general directions. Rolan stretched his wings and flew overhead, he wasn't sure how long this would take but if they kept up this pace then surely they'd be there in no time.
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 68[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 98[/u] Death Streak I took Venger, Rolan, and Ulysses to Woodland Path Venger grew to level 5 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Tiny Feathers] art/ lore day ----------------- They had left the group's territory far behind already. The four had spent the night out in the open considering they couldn't find shelter for the night and had awoken to serthis attacking them. The fight was over almost as soon as it started and Ulysses was glad Venger had been allowed to join them, as without the tundra he wouldn't doubt they would've received some injuries. Still, they didn't stick around to celebrate their victory and quickly packed their supplies and ate as they walked. "We really should find shelter tonight." Saiph spoke up. "Next time we might not be so lucky." "I was thinking the same thing." Ulysses agreed. "Once the sun starts setting we should start looking. It'll slow us down but at least we'll have a safe place to sleep..." "Plus we'll be rested up to start earlier." Rolan mentioned before pausing momentarily as another thought crossed his mind. "Plus we could stock up on food too." "Hey, we should decide if we take the shortcut through the islands bordering Shadow and Water or if we're going through the pine forest in Shadow." "Does it matter now? We won't be reaching either for at least a few more days." The guardian's tone held a hint of impatience at the thought. The tundra's wings drooped slightly. "...I was just wondering... since we'll need to angle our direction at some point." Ulysses walked over and looked down at the map. "The forest might be safer." "I think we should take the shortcut. We can fly over the water and take shelter on the islands at night if needed." Rolan argued. "Besides, you and Saiph might be able to see in the dark with your heat sensitive vision but Venger and I can't do that... I'd also like to be able to fly if necessary if we need to escape." "He does make a good point." The female mirror nodded as she tried to think about the choice. "Going along a border could be dangerous but I think it's still our best shot." Ulysses nodded at their decisions before looking back at Venger. "Take us to the border then." Venger turned and adjusted their direction slightly and quickened their pace once more. The four easily kept up and the pace throughout the day allowed them to make good progress through the territory. At one point they slowed after catching a faint scent of other dragons near a rocky outcrop but it appeared the dragons that had been there were already long gone. Still, they moved on quickly enough after that just in case they happened to return.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 68

RNG rolled 98

Death Streak

I took Venger, Rolan, and Ulysses to Woodland Path

Venger grew to level 5

Pinkerton drop Tiny Feathers

art/ lore day

They had left the group's territory far behind already. The four had spent the night out in the open considering they couldn't find shelter for the night and had awoken to serthis attacking them.

The fight was over almost as soon as it started and Ulysses was glad Venger had been allowed to join them, as without the tundra he wouldn't doubt they would've received some injuries. Still, they didn't stick around to celebrate their victory and quickly packed their supplies and ate as they walked.

"We really should find shelter tonight." Saiph spoke up. "Next time we might not be so lucky."

"I was thinking the same thing." Ulysses agreed. "Once the sun starts setting we should start looking. It'll slow us down but at least we'll have a safe place to sleep..."

"Plus we'll be rested up to start earlier." Rolan mentioned before pausing momentarily as another thought crossed his mind. "Plus we could stock up on food too."

"Hey, we should decide if we take the shortcut through the islands bordering Shadow and Water or if we're going through the pine forest in Shadow."

"Does it matter now? We won't be reaching either for at least a few more days." The guardian's tone held a hint of impatience at the thought.

The tundra's wings drooped slightly. "...I was just wondering... since we'll need to angle our direction at some point."

Ulysses walked over and looked down at the map. "The forest might be safer."

"I think we should take the shortcut. We can fly over the water and take shelter on the islands at night if needed." Rolan argued. "Besides, you and Saiph might be able to see in the dark with your heat sensitive vision but Venger and I can't do that... I'd also like to be able to fly if necessary if we need to escape."

"He does make a good point." The female mirror nodded as she tried to think about the choice. "Going along a border could be dangerous but I think it's still our best shot."

Ulysses nodded at their decisions before looking back at Venger. "Take us to the border then."

Venger turned and adjusted their direction slightly and quickened their pace once more. The four easily kept up and the pace throughout the day allowed them to make good progress through the territory. At one point they slowed after catching a faint scent of other dragons near a rocky outcrop but it appeared the dragons that had been there were already long gone. Still, they moved on quickly enough after that just in case they happened to return.
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 69[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 142[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Grove Fern] 10-20 coli rounds I took Mio, Savage, and Savior to Woodland Path for 20 rounds No one leveled up or lost a life ------------------------- Here's some art I made from Sugar Meadow's dream/ vision [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e5ce4853de172edbad6e823902b98e0e/tumblr_przbbu8acs1y78bexo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 69

RNG rolled 142

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Grove Fern

10-20 coli rounds

I took Mio, Savage, and Savior to Woodland Path for 20 rounds

No one leveled up or lost a life

Here's some art I made from Sugar Meadow's dream/ vision

tumblr_przbbu8acs1y78bexo1_1280.jpg
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18