Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Emperor Locke] Containing the Beast
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 41[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 81[/u] Death streak [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=ambush] Death streak as well! Hmm, the site rng and offsite rng seem to be oddly matching lately. Well, since both are Death Streaks I think I'll do the RNG one and [i]maybe[/i] a second one after a coin flip for Pinkerton's. **** I took Megalodon, Hendrick, and Xanice to Woodland path Megalodon is now level 5 and we got tails so I decided to do a second death streak. Cyanide, Thanis, and Balkan went into the Sandswept Delta Cyanide lost 1 life on the last round
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 41

RNG rolled 81

Death streak

Pinkerton drop Ambush

Death streak as well!

Hmm, the site rng and offsite rng seem to be oddly matching lately.

Well, since both are Death Streaks I think I'll do the RNG one and maybe a second one after a coin flip for Pinkerton's.

I took Megalodon, Hendrick, and Xanice to Woodland path
Megalodon is now level 5

and we got tails so I decided to do a second death streak.

Cyanide, Thanis, and Balkan went into the Sandswept Delta
Cyanide lost 1 life on the last round
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 42[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 163[/u] Breed some dragons [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Gold filigree breastplate] And also breed some dragons. ---------------- I decided to breed Balkan and Leslie. The pair had 4 eggs! [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/2/4healthy_0dead.png[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 42

RNG rolled 163

Breed some dragons

Pinkerton drop Gold Filigree Breastplate

And also breed some dragons.

I decided to breed Balkan and Leslie. The pair had 4 eggs!

4healthy_0dead.png

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 43[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 124[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=avian gemstaff] art/ lore day. **** Munia looked over towards the nesting den once more and gave a sigh when she saw Balkan leaving. He'd already checked on his mate and eggs several times today between his tasks... Meanwhile Zaer had begun avoiding her after noticing she'd started taking an interest in the newest nest. [i]"Does he not want to be mates anymore? He always seemed to want a family before..."[/i] The ridgeback sighed and picked at the dirt with her claws. "Bored already?" Vasylyna came to a stop beside her. "Guard duty should be boring. If it wasn't then we'd probably be in for a fight!" Munia shook her head at the tundra. "Guarding the camp is fine... I'm just thinking about something else." The tundra's smile faded slightly and she sat down. "Wanna talk about it?" The blue ridgeback shrugged her spiny shoulders and stayed quiet for a few moments before looking back up at the fire dragon. "It's just Zaer. I've been trying to talk about um... having a nest together... b-but he keeps avoiding me since I tried to bring it up." This didn't seem like the type of thing dragons talked to other dragons about. Munia looked away in embarrassment and dug her claws into the ground. Vasylyna however, didn't seem to mind in the slightest if this conversation was getting strange or not. "Maybe he's just nervous? Without a full out clan its hard to keep the hatchlings alive and safe after all... Not to mention what happened with him." [i]"True... I hadn't even considered he didn't want to because of that thing with his family. Perhaps it was harder on him than I thought..."[/i] She tilted her head to stare out at the surrounding landscape. "I'm nervous too honestly. But that's [i]why[/i] I want to talk to him about it. We might not even end up having hatchlings but I'd like to at least talk about this with him!" The other female suddenly gave a snorting laugh. "Males..." "Huh?" "This has happened so many times, Munia. Most males are [i]so[/i] confident and strong when it comes to their power and abilities but when it comes to this stuff they're such hatchlings about it themselves!" "Zaer's not like that." She defended her mate, though a faint grin was finding its way onto her face as well. "Maybe not cocky." Vasylyna amended. "But I think he'd still avoid this rather than confront it." "Obviously." A furry shoulder nudged her. "Just corner him. He can't hide forever. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of this. Take charge and make sure he knows you want him to sit his furry butt down to talk things over... haha. Just don't scare him too much with those spikes and claws of yours." "I'll try." The golden and blue tundra stood back up and began walking off once more with one last call over her shoulder. "Tell me how it goes huh?" "Sure." Munia nodded before settling back down again. Now she just had to plan how to get him alone [i]and[/i] work it into the conversation without him having an excuse to leave and work on something else.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 43

RNG rolled 124

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Avian Gemstaff

art/ lore day.

Munia looked over towards the nesting den once more and gave a sigh when she saw Balkan leaving. He'd already checked on his mate and eggs several times today between his tasks... Meanwhile Zaer had begun avoiding her after noticing she'd started taking an interest in the newest nest.

"Does he not want to be mates anymore? He always seemed to want a family before..." The ridgeback sighed and picked at the dirt with her claws.

"Bored already?" Vasylyna came to a stop beside her. "Guard duty should be boring. If it wasn't then we'd probably be in for a fight!"

Munia shook her head at the tundra. "Guarding the camp is fine... I'm just thinking about something else."

The tundra's smile faded slightly and she sat down. "Wanna talk about it?"

The blue ridgeback shrugged her spiny shoulders and stayed quiet for a few moments before looking back up at the fire dragon. "It's just Zaer. I've been trying to talk about um... having a nest together... b-but he keeps avoiding me since I tried to bring it up."

This didn't seem like the type of thing dragons talked to other dragons about. Munia looked away in embarrassment and dug her claws into the ground. Vasylyna however, didn't seem to mind in the slightest if this conversation was getting strange or not.

"Maybe he's just nervous? Without a full out clan its hard to keep the hatchlings alive and safe after all... Not to mention what happened with him."

"True... I hadn't even considered he didn't want to because of that thing with his family. Perhaps it was harder on him than I thought..." She tilted her head to stare out at the surrounding landscape. "I'm nervous too honestly. But that's why I want to talk to him about it. We might not even end up having hatchlings but I'd like to at least talk about this with him!"

The other female suddenly gave a snorting laugh. "Males..."

"Huh?"

"This has happened so many times, Munia. Most males are so confident and strong when it comes to their power and abilities but when it comes to this stuff they're such hatchlings about it themselves!"

"Zaer's not like that." She defended her mate, though a faint grin was finding its way onto her face as well.

"Maybe not cocky." Vasylyna amended. "But I think he'd still avoid this rather than confront it."

"Obviously."

A furry shoulder nudged her. "Just corner him. He can't hide forever. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of this. Take charge and make sure he knows you want him to sit his furry butt down to talk things over... haha. Just don't scare him too much with those spikes and claws of yours."

"I'll try."

The golden and blue tundra stood back up and began walking off once more with one last call over her shoulder. "Tell me how it goes huh?"

"Sure." Munia nodded before settling back down again. Now she just had to plan how to get him alone and work it into the conversation without him having an excuse to leave and work on something else.
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 44[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 49[/u] Number of rounds rolled a 31 I took Zaer, Imoen, and Aspeia to Scorched Forest for 31 rounds The three are now level 9 Zaer lost 1 life [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Discipline] We flipped tails, which means we are doing the Death Streak! I took Cyanide, Balkan, and Thanis to Sandswept Delta Cyanide lost 1 life
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 44

RNG rolled 49

Number of rounds rolled a 31

I took Zaer, Imoen, and Aspeia to Scorched Forest for 31 rounds
The three are now level 9
Zaer lost 1 life

Pinkerton drop Discipline

We flipped tails, which means we are doing the Death Streak!

I took Cyanide, Balkan, and Thanis to Sandswept Delta
Cyanide lost 1 life

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 45[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 77[/u] Death Streak I took Vasylyna, Venger, and Leslie to the Training Fields Leslie is now level 5 Vasylyna and Venger are now level 2 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=mangled zeeba carcass] And 30-40 rounds in the coli I took Balkan, Thanis, and Cyanide to Sandswept Delta for 15 rounds Balkan is now level 10 Thanis and Cyanide lost 1 life Thanis is now level 10 Balkan lost 2 lives Cyanide is now level 10 Then I took Megalodon, Hendrick, and Xanice to Woodland Path for 15 rounds Xanice is now level 5 Hendrick is now level 7 Xanice lost 1 life
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 45

RNG rolled 77

Death Streak

I took Vasylyna, Venger, and Leslie to the Training Fields
Leslie is now level 5
Vasylyna and Venger are now level 2

Pinkerton drop Mangled Zeeba Carcass

And 30-40 rounds in the coli

I took Balkan, Thanis, and Cyanide to Sandswept Delta for 15 rounds
Balkan is now level 10
Thanis and Cyanide lost 1 life
Thanis is now level 10
Balkan lost 2 lives
Cyanide is now level 10

Then I took Megalodon, Hendrick, and Xanice to Woodland Path for 15 rounds
Xanice is now level 5
Hendrick is now level 7
Xanice lost 1 life
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 46[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 78[/u] Death Streak I took Cyanide, Balkan, and Thanis to Sandswept Delta. No lives lost but no one gained a level either. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=pine logs] art/ lore **** Also Balkan/ Leslie's nest has hatched. 3/4 survived: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51414974] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514150/51414974_350.png[/img] [/url] Rolan [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51414975] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514150/51414975_350.png[/img] [/url] Creir [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51414977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514150/51414977_350.png[/img] [/url] Hinata and their unfortunate sister who didn't make it: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51414976] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/514150/51414976.png[/img] [/url] ---------------------------------- Leslie had never felt the same joy as she did when her nest began hatching. Watching the tiny hatchlings breaking free into the world was a wonder she'd only known through the telling of other dragons- she only wished Balkan was there to witness it with her. The first to break free was of course a male guardian with dark blue and green coloration that made his bright red eyes stand out. Then surprisingly a snapper male with bright lines along his face and on his neck burst from the second egg before the chubby hatchling gave a squeak of alarm and tumbled into his brother clumsily. She watched the two brothers bicker between themselves at the incident before gently separating them and ushering them out of the nest before they could knock into their unborn nestmates. A laugh rose in her throat at the mischievous boys. "I'll have to keep an eye on you two." It took some more time but eventually a second guardian-this time a female- hatched from the third egg with beautiful seafoam green on her dark blue and green scales. However Leslie worried over her new daughter, as the small guardian barely managed to stand and her wings hung uselessly limp at her sides almost as if they were broken. The female collapsed again soon after and before Leslie could even call out for one of the camp's three healers to help, she'd passed away. [i]"I'm sorry little one..."[/i] She carefully picked up her daughter and hid it from site before her two sons could notice- it was best they not know about this even if they might not remember by the time they were old enough to understand death. Despite the dampened mood by the death of one of her hatchlings, Leslie wouldn't let that ruin the moment. The fourth egg surprisingly also hatched out a female snapper who was perfectly healthy like the two boys. Pride settled into her as she watched the three play together on the ground beside her. Once they'd tired themselves out with sleep however, she quietly got up and took their deceased sister to be buried outside camp. Balkan was of course saddened by the news one hadn't made it but the mute dragon was obviously proud of his remaining hatchlings. Leslie smiled to herself as she watched her family sleeping together before settling down next to them. Her family was perfect just as she'd imagined it. ----------------------- Sad the guardian girl didn't make it, I thought she was quite pretty. It's pretty cool we got 2 breed upgrades and a gene upgrade though so perhaps that was RNG's trade off (ew male snapper though). Let's hope they stick around!
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 46

RNG rolled 78

Death Streak

I took Cyanide, Balkan, and Thanis to Sandswept Delta.
No lives lost but no one gained a level either.

Pinkerton drop Pine Logs

art/ lore

Also Balkan/ Leslie's nest has hatched. 3/4 survived:

51414974_350.png

Rolan

51414975_350.png

Creir

51414977_350.png

Hinata

and their unfortunate sister who didn't make it:

51414976.png

Leslie had never felt the same joy as she did when her nest began hatching. Watching the tiny hatchlings breaking free into the world was a wonder she'd only known through the telling of other dragons- she only wished Balkan was there to witness it with her.

The first to break free was of course a male guardian with dark blue and green coloration that made his bright red eyes stand out. Then surprisingly a snapper male with bright lines along his face and on his neck burst from the second egg before the chubby hatchling gave a squeak of alarm and tumbled into his brother clumsily.

She watched the two brothers bicker between themselves at the incident before gently separating them and ushering them out of the nest before they could knock into their unborn nestmates. A laugh rose in her throat at the mischievous boys. "I'll have to keep an eye on you two."

It took some more time but eventually a second guardian-this time a female- hatched from the third egg with beautiful seafoam green on her dark blue and green scales. However Leslie worried over her new daughter, as the small guardian barely managed to stand and her wings hung uselessly limp at her sides almost as if they were broken. The female collapsed again soon after and before Leslie could even call out for one of the camp's three healers to help, she'd passed away.

"I'm sorry little one..." She carefully picked up her daughter and hid it from site before her two sons could notice- it was best they not know about this even if they might not remember by the time they were old enough to understand death.

Despite the dampened mood by the death of one of her hatchlings, Leslie wouldn't let that ruin the moment. The fourth egg surprisingly also hatched out a female snapper who was perfectly healthy like the two boys. Pride settled into her as she watched the three play together on the ground beside her. Once they'd tired themselves out with sleep however, she quietly got up and took their deceased sister to be buried outside camp.

Balkan was of course saddened by the news one hadn't made it but the mute dragon was obviously proud of his remaining hatchlings. Leslie smiled to herself as she watched her family sleeping together before settling down next to them. Her family was perfect just as she'd imagined it.

Sad the guardian girl didn't make it, I thought she was quite pretty. It's pretty cool we got 2 breed upgrades and a gene upgrade though so perhaps that was RNG's trade off (ew male snapper though). Let's hope they stick around!
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 47[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 66[/u] New Dragon Breed roll was a 10 (mirror) Meet our newest addition: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51281578] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/512816/51281578_350.png[/img] [/url] Saiph [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=smolderpetal] 10-20 rounds in the Coli I took Sugar Meadow, Mercury, and Thanis to Blooming Grove for 20 rounds Thanis lost 1 life
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 47

RNG rolled 66

New Dragon

Breed roll was a 10 (mirror)

Meet our newest addition:

51281578_350.png

Saiph

Pinkerton drop Smolderpetal

10-20 rounds in the Coli

I took Sugar Meadow, Mercury, and Thanis to Blooming Grove for 20 rounds
Thanis lost 1 life

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 48[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 152[/u] Breed some dragons Zaer and Munia are now on a 4 egg nest: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/2/4healthy_0dead.png[/img] [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=moonstone] art/ lore Here's an uncolored bust of Hendrick: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b1c8a4189ea72170cd60000852e68070/tumblr_pquesq0dqi1y78bexo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 48

RNG rolled 152

Breed some dragons

Zaer and Munia are now on a 4 egg nest:

4healthy_0dead.png

Pinkerton drop Moonstone

art/ lore

Here's an uncolored bust of Hendrick:

tumblr_pquesq0dqi1y78bexo1_1280.jpg

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 49[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 148[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Skein of Silky Yarn] art/ lore day ------------------------- Zaer was nervous. Munia was on a nest of four eggs. [i]Four[/i] eggs! Of course he was happy he was going to be a father- despite some earlier unease over the idea- but what if something happened to them? "You'll be a fine father." Mercury smiled as he approached his son. "You thought it through much more than your mother and I did when we had you and your siblings." "...That isn't reassuring." He looked away, forcing the thought of his mother and sister from his mind. "She left us and so did my sister." "Well... yes." The older tundra shifted awkwardly. "But we aren't guardians. They have an instinctual need to find a Charge. I'm sure that's why your mother left and Celia even said it was why." "Then what about Thanis? Or Balkan? They haven't left on their Search." "Perhaps they already found theirs or haven't gotten the urge to find it yet." Mercury shrugged and glanced over proudly at where his guardian son was speaking with Sugar Meadow. "What I'm trying to say, son, is that you shouldn't worry so much over them leaving. They had to go and until I hear otherwise I will always imagine both of them are happy. If you're worried about your mate or hatchlings leaving then I find it highly unlikely." "What if they die?" Zaer kneaded the ground with his claws and shuddered at the memory of what happened to Megalodon's defenseless hatchlings. "Am I really strong enough to keep them safe?" Mercury placed a wing over his son. "You helped save my life. I know you'll be able to raise your hatchlings well and keep them safe." Zaer smiled at his father before standing up and giving him a quick thank you and farewell. He stepped into the cool shade of the nesting den- careful not to disturb Leslie and her hatchlings as they slept- and nuzzled Munia's cheek in greeting as she slept before curling up around his unhatched eggs. He gave a content sigh and stared down at the four pale green eggs. [i]"I promise I'll do everything I can to keep all of you safe."[/i]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 49

RNG rolled 148

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Skein of Silky Yarn

art/ lore day

Zaer was nervous. Munia was on a nest of four eggs. Four eggs! Of course he was happy he was going to be a father- despite some earlier unease over the idea- but what if something happened to them?

"You'll be a fine father." Mercury smiled as he approached his son. "You thought it through much more than your mother and I did when we had you and your siblings."

"...That isn't reassuring." He looked away, forcing the thought of his mother and sister from his mind. "She left us and so did my sister."

"Well... yes." The older tundra shifted awkwardly. "But we aren't guardians. They have an instinctual need to find a Charge. I'm sure that's why your mother left and Celia even said it was why."

"Then what about Thanis? Or Balkan? They haven't left on their Search."

"Perhaps they already found theirs or haven't gotten the urge to find it yet." Mercury shrugged and glanced over proudly at where his guardian son was speaking with Sugar Meadow. "What I'm trying to say, son, is that you shouldn't worry so much over them leaving. They had to go and until I hear otherwise I will always imagine both of them are happy. If you're worried about your mate or hatchlings leaving then I find it highly unlikely."

"What if they die?" Zaer kneaded the ground with his claws and shuddered at the memory of what happened to Megalodon's defenseless hatchlings. "Am I really strong enough to keep them safe?"

Mercury placed a wing over his son. "You helped save my life. I know you'll be able to raise your hatchlings well and keep them safe."

Zaer smiled at his father before standing up and giving him a quick thank you and farewell. He stepped into the cool shade of the nesting den- careful not to disturb Leslie and her hatchlings as they slept- and nuzzled Munia's cheek in greeting as she slept before curling up around his unhatched eggs. He gave a content sigh and stared down at the four pale green eggs.

"I promise I'll do everything I can to keep all of you safe."

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 50[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 124[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Brack Bloat] 30-40 rounds in the coli I took Zaer, Imoen, and Aspeia to Sandswept Delta for 10 rounds Zaer lost 1 life I took Mercury, Sugar Meadow, and Balkan to Blooming Grove for 23 rounds Mercury grew to level 12 Sugar Meadow grew to level 12 Balkan grew to level 11 Mercury lost 1 life [i]Mercury has now lost all his lives and is now dead[/i] I took Sugar Meadow, Balkan, and Thanis to Blooming Grove for 7 rounds Thanis is now level 11 So Mercury is dead and will be exalted. The head rolled was #4 however we flipped tails so Nameless didn't lose a life/ become closer to waking up. [s]Poor Zaer though. Mercury was so close to seeing his grandhatchlings be born too [/s] **** When the group had left on patrol no one suspected anything bad would happen. The group as a whole had been peaceful the past days and everyone was healthy and thriving in their little camp. Patrols brought back plenty of food for everyone and the territory hadn't seen suspicious activity. So when Sugar Meadow took Balkan, Thanis, and Mercury to check on the Emperor nothing was expected to change in that situation. However, when they got to the site the fourth head was shaking in its rest as if disturbed by some dream or nightmare- if emperors could even have those. The group froze in shock as they watched but the bonds held and the creature finally settled down in its sleep. Sugar Meadow took a deep breath to calm her nerves before looking at the others. "Stay close to each other... Keep an eye out for anything that might've caused it to act out." The others nodded and began circling the hulking beast out of striking distance should the diseased looking fourth head wake up. Suddenly Balkan let out a snarl and flared his wings towards a Serthis Alchemist slithering away with a vile of dark liquid in their scaly hand. "Follow it!" Sugar Meadow snapped and her lip curled back as she took an educated guess of what was in the vile. "Destroy the vile as well. I don't want to find out what they plan to do with emperor blood." Thanis and Balkan charged ahead to attack while Sugar Meadow stayed back with Mercury to defend the freshly healed tundra as he gathered his breath to send out healing aid to the others and fight back as well. She doubted the two couldn't handle a single Serthis but it was best to be careful and prepared. A bolt of light came from the side and nearly missed her. Sugar Meadow flinched in surprise before whirling around to see a quite unnatural sight. [i]Sunbeam Dryad aren't native here... where did it come from?"[/i] The two stared each other down before she raced forward to finish it before the creature could gather up enough magic energy to attack again. Her claws raked down as she drove it away from the emperor, which involved getting much closer to it than she ever had previously. A mischievous smirk played on its lips as it fought her but its gaze was now focused past Sugar Meadow. [i]What is planning? I can't let it wake up that monstrosity!"[/i] A second too late she realized it wasn't aiming for the emperor. A bolt of light skimmed her side while a second flash blinded her temporarily. Sugar Meadow fell back and blinked furiously until she could see again... she would wish she couldn't soon enough. "You've done well." The dryad's voice rasped as it slumped to the ground, growing weaker being so far from home. "...but its still not enough." [i]"What? No...!"[/i] Her head whipped around before stopping as she stared towards the Lightweaver's lands far from where she stood. [i]"Lightweaver...? Was this all just to send a message?"[/i] A faint sound of pain disrupted her racing thoughts and Sugar Meadow looked back towards the fourth head where the sound had came from. Her heart felt like it had stopped when she saw Mercury's fading healing runes dissolving as a remainder of the light magic broke the shadow based healing spell. It wouldn't have been such a significant thing had it not also sent the purple tundra into the razor sharp edge of a tooth poking out from the rotten lips of the fourth head. "Mercury!" She ran over, hoping to help, but Mercury was already slumped on the ground motionless. The force of his body hitting the large beast's tooth alone had broken bones but hitting a sharp edge and sliding down... Well, his thick coat of fur hadn't been able to save him from the large cut down his side. Sugar Meadow bowed in grievance. [i]"This wasn't just a message... This was just part of a test... Wasn't my task enough? Why allow innocent dragons to [u]die[/i] Lightweaver!?"[/i] Rage burned through her and she snapped at Balkan and Thanis upon their return to take Mercury back to be buried. [i]"I need time to think... Thanis can handle the camp while I do."[/i] Sugar Meadow quickly gave the blue guardian the story of what happened along with the quick instruction to gather the rest of the group upon returning to inform them. As for herself, she retreated to her den to be alone until the mess was sorted and her own head was clear of her anger at the situation. From outside Zaer's wail of disbelief and emotional pain rose up.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 50

RNG rolled 124

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Brack Bloat

30-40 rounds in the coli

I took Zaer, Imoen, and Aspeia to Sandswept Delta for 10 rounds
Zaer lost 1 life

I took Mercury, Sugar Meadow, and Balkan to Blooming Grove for 23 rounds
Mercury grew to level 12
Sugar Meadow grew to level 12
Balkan grew to level 11
Mercury lost 1 life

Mercury has now lost all his lives and is now dead

I took Sugar Meadow, Balkan, and Thanis to Blooming Grove for 7 rounds
Thanis is now level 11

So Mercury is dead and will be exalted. The head rolled was #4 however we flipped tails so Nameless didn't lose a life/ become closer to waking up. Poor Zaer though. Mercury was so close to seeing his grandhatchlings be born too

When the group had left on patrol no one suspected anything bad would happen. The group as a whole had been peaceful the past days and everyone was healthy and thriving in their little camp. Patrols brought back plenty of food for everyone and the territory hadn't seen suspicious activity.

So when Sugar Meadow took Balkan, Thanis, and Mercury to check on the Emperor nothing was expected to change in that situation. However, when they got to the site the fourth head was shaking in its rest as if disturbed by some dream or nightmare- if emperors could even have those. The group froze in shock as they watched but the bonds held and the creature finally settled down in its sleep.

Sugar Meadow took a deep breath to calm her nerves before looking at the others. "Stay close to each other... Keep an eye out for anything that might've caused it to act out."

The others nodded and began circling the hulking beast out of striking distance should the diseased looking fourth head wake up. Suddenly Balkan let out a snarl and flared his wings towards a Serthis Alchemist slithering away with a vile of dark liquid in their scaly hand.

"Follow it!" Sugar Meadow snapped and her lip curled back as she took an educated guess of what was in the vile. "Destroy the vile as well. I don't want to find out what they plan to do with emperor blood."

Thanis and Balkan charged ahead to attack while Sugar Meadow stayed back with Mercury to defend the freshly healed tundra as he gathered his breath to send out healing aid to the others and fight back as well. She doubted the two couldn't handle a single Serthis but it was best to be careful and prepared.

A bolt of light came from the side and nearly missed her. Sugar Meadow flinched in surprise before whirling around to see a quite unnatural sight. Sunbeam Dryad aren't native here... where did it come from?"

The two stared each other down before she raced forward to finish it before the creature could gather up enough magic energy to attack again. Her claws raked down as she drove it away from the emperor, which involved getting much closer to it than she ever had previously.

A mischievous smirk played on its lips as it fought her but its gaze was now focused past Sugar Meadow. What is planning? I can't let it wake up that monstrosity!"

A second too late she realized it wasn't aiming for the emperor. A bolt of light skimmed her side while a second flash blinded her temporarily. Sugar Meadow fell back and blinked furiously until she could see again... she would wish she couldn't soon enough.

"You've done well." The dryad's voice rasped as it slumped to the ground, growing weaker being so far from home. "...but its still not enough."

"What? No...!" Her head whipped around before stopping as she stared towards the Lightweaver's lands far from where she stood. "Lightweaver...? Was this all just to send a message?"

A faint sound of pain disrupted her racing thoughts and Sugar Meadow looked back towards the fourth head where the sound had came from. Her heart felt like it had stopped when she saw Mercury's fading healing runes dissolving as a remainder of the light magic broke the shadow based healing spell. It wouldn't have been such a significant thing had it not also sent the purple tundra into the razor sharp edge of a tooth poking out from the rotten lips of the fourth head.

"Mercury!" She ran over, hoping to help, but Mercury was already slumped on the ground motionless.

The force of his body hitting the large beast's tooth alone had broken bones but hitting a sharp edge and sliding down... Well, his thick coat of fur hadn't been able to save him from the large cut down his side. Sugar Meadow bowed in grievance.

"This wasn't just a message... This was just part of a test... Wasn't my task enough? Why allow innocent dragons to die Lightweaver!?"[/i] Rage burned through her and she snapped at Balkan and Thanis upon their return to take Mercury back to be buried. "I need time to think... Thanis can handle the camp while I do."

Sugar Meadow quickly gave the blue guardian the story of what happened along with the quick instruction to gather the rest of the group upon returning to inform them. As for herself, she retreated to her den to be alone until the mess was sorted and her own head was clear of her anger at the situation.

From outside Zaer's wail of disbelief and emotional pain rose up.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18