Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Emperor Locke] Containing the Beast
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 32[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 45[/u] Amount of rounds rolled 20 I took Cyanide, Balkan, and Alenia to Scorched Forest for 10 rounds Cyanide lost 1 life Balkan grew to level 9 Cyanide grew to level 9 Then Mercury, Sugar Meadow, and Balkan went to Sandswept Delta for 10 rounds Mercury lost 1 life Sugar Meadow grew to level 11 Mercury grew to level 11 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=jar of vapors] Moral was low the following days. They'd lost two members of their group and burial arrangements were already being constructed for Mercury. The purple tundra was on his last legs now and the recent losses hadn't helped his will power to fight the infection eating away at his lifespan. Most of his hatchlings didn't visit anymore. Xanice hadn't seen his father since he'd grown old enough to go out on patrols. After his mother left and with his father in such a weak state; he didn't want to be associated with either of them. The tundra had even helped his brother Thanis pick out an area away from the clan to bury Mercury once he finally lost his battle with his wounds. Now the violet furred dragon was staring into the dark mouth of the healing den where his father was sleeping. His canines were bared slightly and his jaw clenched as he glared. [i]"He's such a waste of supplies and food for the rest of us. Why can't he just die already? Hmm... would Thanis be proud of me if I killed our father and freed us from his worthless presence?"[/i] His tail flicked and looked over at the den where his sleeping brother's muscular form could be seen faintly in the dark... Xanice wanted to be strong like him eventually. Together nothing would wake up that emperor! "You can see him if you're quiet." Imoen's voice startled the young dragon from his thoughts as she approached silently behind him. Xanice stood and turned to face the spiral. "Maybe later." He brushed past her without resistance. Her eyes burned into his back but she didn't speak up again. Xanice wouldn't make a move against Mercury... not yet at least. There were too many witnesses and he doubted they would appreciate him killing his father- even if it would save them the trouble of watching over him all day and night. The moonlight above darkened as a cloud covered it momentarily but his steps up the path to the camp's entrance were sure. A shadowed figure glanced in his direction as he approached before tiredly nodding in greeting as he approached. "Nothing seems to be out tonight." Cyanide commented before yawning. "Have fun." Xanice nodded in acknowledgement but didn't feel up to any small talk and merely took his position near the entrance to guard the camp. If anything did happen, his sharp gaze would see it no matter how dark and his attack would be even sharper if the need arose.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 32

RNG rolled 45

Amount of rounds rolled 20

I took Cyanide, Balkan, and Alenia to Scorched Forest for 10 rounds
Cyanide lost 1 life
Balkan grew to level 9
Cyanide grew to level 9

Then Mercury, Sugar Meadow, and Balkan went to Sandswept Delta for 10 rounds
Mercury lost 1 life
Sugar Meadow grew to level 11
Mercury grew to level 11

Pinkerton drop Jar of Vapors

Moral was low the following days. They'd lost two members of their group and burial arrangements were already being constructed for Mercury. The purple tundra was on his last legs now and the recent losses hadn't helped his will power to fight the infection eating away at his lifespan. Most of his hatchlings didn't visit anymore.

Xanice hadn't seen his father since he'd grown old enough to go out on patrols. After his mother left and with his father in such a weak state; he didn't want to be associated with either of them. The tundra had even helped his brother Thanis pick out an area away from the clan to bury Mercury once he finally lost his battle with his wounds.

Now the violet furred dragon was staring into the dark mouth of the healing den where his father was sleeping. His canines were bared slightly and his jaw clenched as he glared. "He's such a waste of supplies and food for the rest of us. Why can't he just die already? Hmm... would Thanis be proud of me if I killed our father and freed us from his worthless presence?"

His tail flicked and looked over at the den where his sleeping brother's muscular form could be seen faintly in the dark... Xanice wanted to be strong like him eventually. Together nothing would wake up that emperor!

"You can see him if you're quiet." Imoen's voice startled the young dragon from his thoughts as she approached silently behind him.

Xanice stood and turned to face the spiral. "Maybe later."

He brushed past her without resistance. Her eyes burned into his back but she didn't speak up again. Xanice wouldn't make a move against Mercury... not yet at least. There were too many witnesses and he doubted they would appreciate him killing his father- even if it would save them the trouble of watching over him all day and night.

The moonlight above darkened as a cloud covered it momentarily but his steps up the path to the camp's entrance were sure. A shadowed figure glanced in his direction as he approached before tiredly nodding in greeting as he approached.

"Nothing seems to be out tonight." Cyanide commented before yawning. "Have fun."

Xanice nodded in acknowledgement but didn't feel up to any small talk and merely took his position near the entrance to guard the camp. If anything did happen, his sharp gaze would see it no matter how dark and his attack would be even sharper if the need arose.

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 33[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 159[/u] Breed some dragons [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=starry antelope] And a new dragon from the AH *** Well, so far both losses to the group have already been replaced and Mercury is still technically alive. So I will only be breeding my dragons rather than doing both today. Megalodon and Aspeia are now on a 2 egg nest: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/2/2healthy_0dead.png[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 33

RNG rolled 159

Breed some dragons

Pinkerton drop

And a new dragon from the AH

Well, so far both losses to the group have already been replaced and Mercury is still technically alive. So I will only be breeding my dragons rather than doing both today.

Megalodon and Aspeia are now on a 2 egg nest:

2healthy_0dead.png

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 34[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 27[/u] Number of rounds rolled: 44 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Pineapple Shiners] And looks like Pinkerton is in agreement **** I took Thanis, Munia, and Zaer to Scorched Forest for 22 rounds Zaer lost 2 lives [s]curse my potion misclick I'm sorry[/s] Munia lost 1 life Thanis lost 1 life Thanis grew to level 8 Zaer grew to level 8 Then I took Hendrick, Leslie, and Xanice to the training fields for 22 rounds Hendrick lost 1 life The trio are now all level 4 Hmmm I'm really not liking all the crits and dodging those chipskinks and golem cats do. But we've gotten dragons by before so I'm sure we can keep that up.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 34

RNG rolled 27

Number of rounds rolled: 44

Pinkerton drop Pineapple Shiners

And looks like Pinkerton is in agreement

I took Thanis, Munia, and Zaer to Scorched Forest for 22 rounds
Zaer lost 2 lives curse my potion misclick I'm sorry
Munia lost 1 life
Thanis lost 1 life
Thanis grew to level 8
Zaer grew to level 8

Then I took Hendrick, Leslie, and Xanice to the training fields for 22 rounds
Hendrick lost 1 life
The trio are now all level 4

Hmmm I'm really not liking all the crits and dodging those chipskinks and golem cats do. But we've gotten dragons by before so I'm sure we can keep that up.

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 35[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 3[/u] Number of rounds rolled: 37 I took Aspeia, Imoen, and Hendrick to Woodland path for 37 rounds Hendrick lost 1 life Imoen lost 1 life Imoen is now level 7 Hendrick is now level 6 Aspeia is now level 6 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Chimera Relic] Haven't done art in a while so here's a rough sketch of Megalodon [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fa79f5491346596186a9a9570a385c4a/tumblr_pq2a7uAuKY1y78bexo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 35

RNG rolled 3

Number of rounds rolled: 37

I took Aspeia, Imoen, and Hendrick to Woodland path for 37 rounds
Hendrick lost 1 life
Imoen lost 1 life
Imoen is now level 7
Hendrick is now level 6
Aspeia is now level 6

Pinkerton drop Chimera Relic

Haven't done art in a while so here's a rough sketch of Megalodon

tumblr_pq2a7uAuKY1y78bexo1_1280.jpg

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 36[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 24[/u] Number of rounds rolled: 41 Leslie, Hendrick, and Aspeia went to Woodland path for 15 rounds Aspeia is now level 7 Then Thanis, Imoen, and Aspeia went to Scorched Forest for 26 rounds Imoen lost 2 lives Thanis lost 1 life Thanis is now level 9 Imoen and Aspeia are now level 8 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=dried cedar branch] Things had finally started settling down since [i]they'd[/i] left. The dragons remaining in the group refused to talk about Iraia or Celia let alone speak their names. Sugar Meadow didn't mind it though, it meant peace and quite so those who were loyal to the cause could focus on the task at hand. However one question was itching at the back of her mind every time they gained a new member whether from wandering dragons or from a nest: should she appoint a second in command? They weren't a clan... This was meant to be a temporary thing until she regained the favor of Lightweaver after all. [i]"But I'm busy myself keeping tabs on that creature and patrolling... I could use the help with making sure everyone pulled their weight with getting food and patrolling our borders...."[/i] She paused in her steps as she felt the air cool slightly and the sky darkened. Deep breaths reached her, battering at her wings even from this distance, and she could detect the faint trace of decay. "At least you're still asleep. That's one less problem." Naturally the restrained abomination didn't answer. Sugar Meadow waited a few more minutes to make sure nothing was going to happen before taking flight and making her way back to camp. Everything was peaceful just like how she'd left it and she gave a sigh of relief there wasn't any drama to deal with. [i]"Some time to actually lay down and think."[/i] The guardian settled down in her usual outcropping above the den she slept in and observed the dragons coming and going below her, making sure to mentally mark those who she thought could help her keep everyone on track. As the day wore on without incident and most of the duties were done more dragons began lounging about down below or in their dens. She got up and glided down, earning a few looks of expectation for a brief moment upon landing, before going through her list of candidates: Balkan, Thanis, Aspeia, and... Hendrick... All of them were currently back from their assigned tasks but which one would be best? [i]"Balkan is loyal but considering he can't speak... Better not. Hendrick is resourceful and knowledgeable about defeating enemies in the area but he hasn't been here long. Perhaps one to consider in the future. Which leaves me with Thanis and Aspeia..."[/i] The blue guardian's blue and grey scales could be seen standing at the edges of camp speaking with his younger brother Xanice. Yes... He would be perfect for her second in command. [i]"And I know he won't say no... especially after he's tried so hard to prove himself after his mother and sister left. He'd be perfect to keep everyone pulling their weight around here."[/i] Her approach didn't go unnoticed and Xanice clearly knew he should leave and quickly dismissed himself, leaving the two alone. Sugar Meadow didn't hesitate to get straight to the point of her intrusion of his conversation. "Thanis, you've proved you're not like some members of your family. I've been considering a deputy for a time now since the group has grown and after seeing you thrive despite your family's setbacks I believe you'd be a great dragon for the position." Thanis perked up and straightened his already naturally commanding stance. "I'd be honored to help you run the group." "Good. I know you won't disappoint me."
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 36

RNG rolled 24

Number of rounds rolled: 41

Leslie, Hendrick, and Aspeia went to Woodland path for 15 rounds
Aspeia is now level 7

Then Thanis, Imoen, and Aspeia went to Scorched Forest for 26 rounds
Imoen lost 2 lives
Thanis lost 1 life
Thanis is now level 9
Imoen and Aspeia are now level 8

Pinkerton drop Dried Cedar Branch

Things had finally started settling down since they'd left. The dragons remaining in the group refused to talk about Iraia or Celia let alone speak their names. Sugar Meadow didn't mind it though, it meant peace and quite so those who were loyal to the cause could focus on the task at hand.

However one question was itching at the back of her mind every time they gained a new member whether from wandering dragons or from a nest: should she appoint a second in command? They weren't a clan... This was meant to be a temporary thing until she regained the favor of Lightweaver after all.

"But I'm busy myself keeping tabs on that creature and patrolling... I could use the help with making sure everyone pulled their weight with getting food and patrolling our borders...." She paused in her steps as she felt the air cool slightly and the sky darkened. Deep breaths reached her, battering at her wings even from this distance, and she could detect the faint trace of decay. "At least you're still asleep. That's one less problem."

Naturally the restrained abomination didn't answer.

Sugar Meadow waited a few more minutes to make sure nothing was going to happen before taking flight and making her way back to camp. Everything was peaceful just like how she'd left it and she gave a sigh of relief there wasn't any drama to deal with. "Some time to actually lay down and think."

The guardian settled down in her usual outcropping above the den she slept in and observed the dragons coming and going below her, making sure to mentally mark those who she thought could help her keep everyone on track. As the day wore on without incident and most of the duties were done more dragons began lounging about down below or in their dens.

She got up and glided down, earning a few looks of expectation for a brief moment upon landing, before going through her list of candidates: Balkan, Thanis, Aspeia, and... Hendrick...

All of them were currently back from their assigned tasks but which one would be best? "Balkan is loyal but considering he can't speak... Better not. Hendrick is resourceful and knowledgeable about defeating enemies in the area but he hasn't been here long. Perhaps one to consider in the future. Which leaves me with Thanis and Aspeia..."

The blue guardian's blue and grey scales could be seen standing at the edges of camp speaking with his younger brother Xanice. Yes... He would be perfect for her second in command. "And I know he won't say no... especially after he's tried so hard to prove himself after his mother and sister left. He'd be perfect to keep everyone pulling their weight around here."

Her approach didn't go unnoticed and Xanice clearly knew he should leave and quickly dismissed himself, leaving the two alone. Sugar Meadow didn't hesitate to get straight to the point of her intrusion of his conversation. "Thanis, you've proved you're not like some members of your family. I've been considering a deputy for a time now since the group has grown and after seeing you thrive despite your family's setbacks I believe you'd be a great dragon for the position."

Thanis perked up and straightened his already naturally commanding stance. "I'd be honored to help you run the group."

"Good. I know you won't disappoint me."
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 37[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 121[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=airborne warrior belt] and Pinkerton agrees with the art/ lore day ----------------------- Thanis proved to be an effective second in command even on the first day of the job. He easily found any dragon loafing around and sent them off with a patrol, which left Sugar Meadow the relief she'd needed to focus on her own tasks. Even the few dragons left in camp to tend Mercury or the nests had their tasks to guard the camp as well should anything sneak in- and to make sure they could Thanis taught them the basics himself. While the group's leader seemed oblivious to the guardian's growing arrogance at his newfound power, Zaer was almost choking on it. He feared what his brother might do if they begun arguing again- not that they'd spoken other than when Thanis was snapping orders at him for what his duty for that day was. His younger brother Xanice wasn't helping the situation either; the young tundra was practically Thanis' shadow at times and had also grown an attitude towards Zaer for no reason other than the fact Thanis disliked him. Still, it wasn't all bad. Munia went on patrols or herb gathering missions more often now that she'd become a better fighter. Having his mate with him made days in the Wasteland just a little better. It gave him hope that things would turn out okay despite Thanis and the emperor. "Hey, Zaer, is this the thing you were looking for?" Munia pointed a clawed digit at a leafy plant. "Yes!" He trotted over and began carefully removing leaves and putting them in on of his many bags. "Herbal plantains are good for removing toxins. Our last batch was used up healing Balkan's arrow wound- I'm hoping these might also treat infection as a form of toxin with a bit of mixing from our other herbs." "Mercury seems to be getting better. Whatever you guys have been trying seems to be working." Zaer nodded absentmindedly as he thought back to his father. "...Yes... for now he's getting stronger. Fever's gone down. The infection is under control too..." "I told you he'd be okay, especially with you helping him." "Herbs is something I learned from him. Besides, the others have been doing most of the work." He shrugged and checked his packs. "Come on, let's head back. I have everything I needed." Munia crouched down and allowed her mate to carefully climb onto her back and nestle safely between her spines before taking off. The blue and red tundra gripped her scales tighter as the wind from her flight nearly blew him off. Still, despite that this was nicer, and faster, than trying to fly with bags full of herbs. Soon enough they'd arrived back in camp and he was able to prepare potions and herbs with Imoen before checking on his father's peacefully sleeping form. Zaer let a faint smile appear on his face. [i]"Things will all be better soon..."[/i]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 37

RNG rolled 121

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Airborne Warrior Belt

and Pinkerton agrees with the art/ lore day

Thanis proved to be an effective second in command even on the first day of the job. He easily found any dragon loafing around and sent them off with a patrol, which left Sugar Meadow the relief she'd needed to focus on her own tasks. Even the few dragons left in camp to tend Mercury or the nests had their tasks to guard the camp as well should anything sneak in- and to make sure they could Thanis taught them the basics himself.

While the group's leader seemed oblivious to the guardian's growing arrogance at his newfound power, Zaer was almost choking on it. He feared what his brother might do if they begun arguing again- not that they'd spoken other than when Thanis was snapping orders at him for what his duty for that day was. His younger brother Xanice wasn't helping the situation either; the young tundra was practically Thanis' shadow at times and had also grown an attitude towards Zaer for no reason other than the fact Thanis disliked him.

Still, it wasn't all bad. Munia went on patrols or herb gathering missions more often now that she'd become a better fighter. Having his mate with him made days in the Wasteland just a little better. It gave him hope that things would turn out okay despite Thanis and the emperor.

"Hey, Zaer, is this the thing you were looking for?" Munia pointed a clawed digit at a leafy plant.

"Yes!" He trotted over and began carefully removing leaves and putting them in on of his many bags. "Herbal plantains are good for removing toxins. Our last batch was used up healing Balkan's arrow wound- I'm hoping these might also treat infection as a form of toxin with a bit of mixing from our other herbs."

"Mercury seems to be getting better. Whatever you guys have been trying seems to be working."

Zaer nodded absentmindedly as he thought back to his father. "...Yes... for now he's getting stronger. Fever's gone down. The infection is under control too..."

"I told you he'd be okay, especially with you helping him."

"Herbs is something I learned from him. Besides, the others have been doing most of the work." He shrugged and checked his packs. "Come on, let's head back. I have everything I needed."

Munia crouched down and allowed her mate to carefully climb onto her back and nestle safely between her spines before taking off. The blue and red tundra gripped her scales tighter as the wind from her flight nearly blew him off. Still, despite that this was nicer, and faster, than trying to fly with bags full of herbs.

Soon enough they'd arrived back in camp and he was able to prepare potions and herbs with Imoen before checking on his father's peacefully sleeping form. Zaer let a faint smile appear on his face. "Things will all be better soon..."

[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 38[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 127[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=fiendcat] and a new dragon Meet Ulysses the newest addition to the group: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48692192] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/486922/48692192_350.png[/img] [/url] **** And our nest hatched today... but the two hatchlings both flipped tails and did not survive. -------------------- The nest had begun hatching in the dead of night. Megalodon and his mate Aspeia woke up and were immediately alert as they heard the sound of one of their hatchlings beginning to break through. The pair watched as the shell continued to crack and pieces fall off to reveal the bogsneak hatchling inside before it completely broke free of the egg and flopped into the nest next to his soon to be sibling. Megalodon turned away from the scene as the guard's warning cry rang through the otherwise quiet night air. A growl rose in his throat as he prepared to fight whatever the threat to their camp was. "Stay with them." His mate nodded and curled around their son and second egg protectively. "Be careful." The bogsneak lumbered into the camp to find the other dragons were waking up just in time for a pack of mirrors to throw Cyanide down into the camp while others jumped and glided down to engage in combat. Immediately he was surrounded by several ragged but wiry looking mirrors who snapped and clawed at his flanks before nimbly jumping out of reach of his claws. "Why you little cowards!" He growled and lunged forward, managing to snap his jaw shut on one of their arms before flinging the smaller breed aside. Despite his seemingly upperhand however, Megalodon was steadily being cornered by the enemy. With their fast attacks he needed to retreat and protect his back until he could reach the group fighting on the other side of the camp. His heavy clawed hand knocked several aside while his tail swept another off its feet. With another growl he prepared to charge through the path he'd made but was promptly cut short when a cracking from above was followed by a heavy force hitting his head. Everything faded around him. **** The world blurred back into focus. Sunlight felt bright on his eyes but were quickly adjusted to it after several blinks. Megalodon groggily rose to his feet and looked to his side to see Imoen putting away her extra wraps, though upon seeing he was awake and moving she stopped. "You're lucky that tree was hollowed and rotten." She flicked her tail towards the area of camp where a broken log was lying on the ground. "Nothing broken as far as I could tell. You should be better with a few days of rest." "My hatchlings? Aspeia?" He glanced towards the nesting den, clearly unconcerned for his own health. Silence followed his words and without even looking at the spiral he realized something bad had happened. He limped over to the den to see his mate holding their firstborn, relief swept through him momentarily, but then he realized she wasn't holding their son lovingly... She was grieving for him. "They took our egg..." She barely gave him a passing glance as she continued staring at their deceased son. "I couldn't fight all of them and they killed him... killed him and took our egg!" Rage began building up in him. He could see the cuts and bite marks along his mate's sides and wings- in an enclosed den her size had been hindered and taken advantage of by the mirrors. [i]"If I had stayed behind instead they'd be alive."[/i] He turned and left his mate to grieve for their loss and walked up to Sugar Meadow. "I'm going to find my egg. They stole it for a reason, my hatchling could still be alive." His leader stared at him momentarily before giving a sigh, as if knowing her response wouldn't matter. "Fine... take some of the others with you, don't be stupid." Megalodon quickly gathered a few other dragons- Venger, Hendrick, and Vasylyna- before leading the way out of the camp. His head was still a little fuzzy but the scent trail they'd be following was clear and he took the lead in tracking down the group. It wasn't long before they'd found the pack of mirrors taking a rest and reveling in their victory. Megalodon's lips curled back as he spotted one of them guarding the egg and boasting with glee how he'd stolen it. "Surround and attack. Don't let him take the egg away." He ordered the others before stalking forward. However, being a large bogsneak easily gave him away to the infrared sight of the four eyed dragons. The pack hushed quickly and went into attack mode in defense against the ambush being set up around them. Megalodon gave up his tact and charged the group with the others copying him from where they'd spread out. He watched in fear as the male mirror with the egg began to flee with it before a pink and white mirror intercepted from the edges of the fray. The pack circled up wing to wing as the fighting continued; in the daylight they seemed less keen to fight now that both sides could see properly. A shriek ripped through the air and every dragon froze and turned towards the sound. Megalodon's heart dropped as he saw the broken egg and the dead hatchling among the remains of the shell; he'd failed to save his last hatchling. Still, at the sight of their could have been profit, the mirrors fled. Megalodon was too numb to give chase and avenge his hatchlings. All he could do was drag his paws over the ground until he'd reached the little female bogsneak's corpse. He faintly recalled hearing the pink and white mirror answering and apologizing to the other dragons, barely remembered him joining them on the way back to camp, but all he could truly focus on was the body he carried back to be buried with her brother. Next time those mirrors came back they'd regret this. Next time he wouldn't fail his family.
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 38

RNG rolled 127

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Fiendcat

and a new dragon

Meet Ulysses the newest addition to the group:

48692192_350.png

And our nest hatched today... but the two hatchlings both flipped tails and did not survive.

The nest had begun hatching in the dead of night. Megalodon and his mate Aspeia woke up and were immediately alert as they heard the sound of one of their hatchlings beginning to break through. The pair watched as the shell continued to crack and pieces fall off to reveal the bogsneak hatchling inside before it completely broke free of the egg and flopped into the nest next to his soon to be sibling.

Megalodon turned away from the scene as the guard's warning cry rang through the otherwise quiet night air. A growl rose in his throat as he prepared to fight whatever the threat to their camp was. "Stay with them."

His mate nodded and curled around their son and second egg protectively. "Be careful."

The bogsneak lumbered into the camp to find the other dragons were waking up just in time for a pack of mirrors to throw Cyanide down into the camp while others jumped and glided down to engage in combat. Immediately he was surrounded by several ragged but wiry looking mirrors who snapped and clawed at his flanks before nimbly jumping out of reach of his claws.

"Why you little cowards!" He growled and lunged forward, managing to snap his jaw shut on one of their arms before flinging the smaller breed aside.

Despite his seemingly upperhand however, Megalodon was steadily being cornered by the enemy. With their fast attacks he needed to retreat and protect his back until he could reach the group fighting on the other side of the camp. His heavy clawed hand knocked several aside while his tail swept another off its feet. With another growl he prepared to charge through the path he'd made but was promptly cut short when a cracking from above was followed by a heavy force hitting his head.

Everything faded around him.

The world blurred back into focus. Sunlight felt bright on his eyes but were quickly adjusted to it after several blinks. Megalodon groggily rose to his feet and looked to his side to see Imoen putting away her extra wraps, though upon seeing he was awake and moving she stopped.

"You're lucky that tree was hollowed and rotten." She flicked her tail towards the area of camp where a broken log was lying on the ground. "Nothing broken as far as I could tell. You should be better with a few days of rest."

"My hatchlings? Aspeia?" He glanced towards the nesting den, clearly unconcerned for his own health.

Silence followed his words and without even looking at the spiral he realized something bad had happened. He limped over to the den to see his mate holding their firstborn, relief swept through him momentarily, but then he realized she wasn't holding their son lovingly... She was grieving for him.

"They took our egg..." She barely gave him a passing glance as she continued staring at their deceased son. "I couldn't fight all of them and they killed him... killed him and took our egg!"

Rage began building up in him. He could see the cuts and bite marks along his mate's sides and wings- in an enclosed den her size had been hindered and taken advantage of by the mirrors. "If I had stayed behind instead they'd be alive."

He turned and left his mate to grieve for their loss and walked up to Sugar Meadow. "I'm going to find my egg. They stole it for a reason, my hatchling could still be alive."

His leader stared at him momentarily before giving a sigh, as if knowing her response wouldn't matter. "Fine... take some of the others with you, don't be stupid."

Megalodon quickly gathered a few other dragons- Venger, Hendrick, and Vasylyna- before leading the way out of the camp. His head was still a little fuzzy but the scent trail they'd be following was clear and he took the lead in tracking down the group.

It wasn't long before they'd found the pack of mirrors taking a rest and reveling in their victory. Megalodon's lips curled back as he spotted one of them guarding the egg and boasting with glee how he'd stolen it.

"Surround and attack. Don't let him take the egg away." He ordered the others before stalking forward.

However, being a large bogsneak easily gave him away to the infrared sight of the four eyed dragons. The pack hushed quickly and went into attack mode in defense against the ambush being set up around them. Megalodon gave up his tact and charged the group with the others copying him from where they'd spread out. He watched in fear as the male mirror with the egg began to flee with it before a pink and white mirror intercepted from the edges of the fray.

The pack circled up wing to wing as the fighting continued; in the daylight they seemed less keen to fight now that both sides could see properly. A shriek ripped through the air and every dragon froze and turned towards the sound. Megalodon's heart dropped as he saw the broken egg and the dead hatchling among the remains of the shell; he'd failed to save his last hatchling.

Still, at the sight of their could have been profit, the mirrors fled. Megalodon was too numb to give chase and avenge his hatchlings. All he could do was drag his paws over the ground until he'd reached the little female bogsneak's corpse. He faintly recalled hearing the pink and white mirror answering and apologizing to the other dragons, barely remembered him joining them on the way back to camp, but all he could truly focus on was the body he carried back to be buried with her brother.

Next time those mirrors came back they'd regret this. Next time he wouldn't fail his family.
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 39[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 148[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Clay] and art/ lore **** Venger had been following Ulysses around since the mirror had joined the group. The young tundra had been wide-eyed and captivated by the pink and white dragon's sense of justice and overall slick style in his fighting. Of course, he hadn't let Ulysses notice his light stalking in fear the newcomer might not appreciate his company- after all what dragon would want him as a friend when it was obvious his brothers were so much better? Still, he had a sneaking suspicion that the mirror was starting to notice, especially with how often he had begun staring at him around camp. Venger could never make eye contact with him and often turned his head to look down at the ground at his paws, which he was currently doing until a shadow stopped in front of him. "Venger, didn't you hear me?" Thanis' voice snapped impatiently. "You're on den cleaning with Munia and Ulysses." He gulped and turned his head to where the two dragons were now staring at him. "S-sorry..." Thanis merely huffed and walked off to finish sorting everyone into their daily assignments. Venger scurried over to where the other two were waiting and quickly began apologizing until Munia cut him off. "How do we want to split the job?" The blue ridgeback asked. "I could take out the old bedding and unneeded nests." Ulysses offered. She nodded. "Alright. I'll dump it and bring back more so you and Venger can start working on making new nests once you're done." Venger was silent as she flew off to get the materials and stood there uncertainly for a few moments before deciding to go help Ulysses with clearing out the dens. He was sure the mirror could quickly take care of the now empty nesting den and instead went over to the main den to clear out those nests. It was quiet in the empty den and actually rather peaceful, relaxing, to work in there alone- it certainly beat being on a hunting or gathering patrol... he was quite bad at those. Then Ulysses joined him. Being so close to the dragon he'd begun looking up to made Venger tense. The silence between them continued to grow until it started to feel unnerving beneath his fur. Should he start a conversation? Did the mirror think he was weird for watching him? [i]"Probably... What else would he think after catching me a few times? Why else would he be staring at me now too?"[/i] Pink scales came into his line of sight as the four-eyed dragon started working on a nest beside him. "You seem oddly anxious for a simple task like this." Venger jumped slightly at his voice before regaining composure. "Sorry... I-" "I'm kidding." Ulysses sat down and paused his work to look at him. "I know it's because of me. You've been watching me since I tried to help your patrol get that egg back." The light blue tundra trembled worriedly and picked at the pile of feathers, dried grass, and fur in the nest he'd been working on. "I-I... sorry..." The older dragon however didn't seem mad at him; Ulysses acted rather curious, as he cocked his head to the side ever so slightly before speaking evenly. "You don't trust me? Or is it something else?" "I just... I'm not good at anything like my father and brothers." He still didn't meet the mirror's eyes. "When I saw you fighting your own kind like that for dragons you didn't even know... It just... got to me. I realized I wanted to be more like you- not that I could with how weak I am.... Y-you probably think I'm some weird dragon..." "Not at all. I think its rather nice to hear you want to be like me- flattering really." Venger finally looked up as Ulysses responded. "I've rarely met any dragon with truly good hearts and desire to help even strangers in need." "Really?" "Of course." The mirror smiled and nudged him with a white and black wing. "Besides, you wanna hear a secret? It doesn't take physical or even magical strength all the time to be like me. If you have a good heart like I think you do then you'll do everything in your power to do what's right... and I think that's what really counts." The young dragon was quiet and the two stared at each other for a few moments before he finally found his voice again. "I-I... thank you. Could I... Could I ask you to help me be more like that?" "I think you already have what it takes inside you. You just need to let go of the insecurities holding you back... But yeah, I'd quite enjoy helping you find your feet." Ulysses flicked his tail towards the remaining work they still had to do. "But for now let's just get this done. One step at a time, Venger, and eventually they'll take you far."
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 39

RNG rolled 148

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Clay

and art/ lore

Venger had been following Ulysses around since the mirror had joined the group. The young tundra had been wide-eyed and captivated by the pink and white dragon's sense of justice and overall slick style in his fighting. Of course, he hadn't let Ulysses notice his light stalking in fear the newcomer might not appreciate his company- after all what dragon would want him as a friend when it was obvious his brothers were so much better?

Still, he had a sneaking suspicion that the mirror was starting to notice, especially with how often he had begun staring at him around camp. Venger could never make eye contact with him and often turned his head to look down at the ground at his paws, which he was currently doing until a shadow stopped in front of him.

"Venger, didn't you hear me?" Thanis' voice snapped impatiently. "You're on den cleaning with Munia and Ulysses."

He gulped and turned his head to where the two dragons were now staring at him. "S-sorry..."

Thanis merely huffed and walked off to finish sorting everyone into their daily assignments. Venger scurried over to where the other two were waiting and quickly began apologizing until Munia cut him off.

"How do we want to split the job?" The blue ridgeback asked.

"I could take out the old bedding and unneeded nests." Ulysses offered.

She nodded. "Alright. I'll dump it and bring back more so you and Venger can start working on making new nests once you're done."

Venger was silent as she flew off to get the materials and stood there uncertainly for a few moments before deciding to go help Ulysses with clearing out the dens. He was sure the mirror could quickly take care of the now empty nesting den and instead went over to the main den to clear out those nests. It was quiet in the empty den and actually rather peaceful, relaxing, to work in there alone- it certainly beat being on a hunting or gathering patrol... he was quite bad at those.

Then Ulysses joined him. Being so close to the dragon he'd begun looking up to made Venger tense. The silence between them continued to grow until it started to feel unnerving beneath his fur. Should he start a conversation? Did the mirror think he was weird for watching him?

"Probably... What else would he think after catching me a few times? Why else would he be staring at me now too?"

Pink scales came into his line of sight as the four-eyed dragon started working on a nest beside him. "You seem oddly anxious for a simple task like this."

Venger jumped slightly at his voice before regaining composure. "Sorry... I-"

"I'm kidding." Ulysses sat down and paused his work to look at him. "I know it's because of me. You've been watching me since I tried to help your patrol get that egg back."

The light blue tundra trembled worriedly and picked at the pile of feathers, dried grass, and fur in the nest he'd been working on. "I-I... sorry..."

The older dragon however didn't seem mad at him; Ulysses acted rather curious, as he cocked his head to the side ever so slightly before speaking evenly. "You don't trust me? Or is it something else?"

"I just... I'm not good at anything like my father and brothers." He still didn't meet the mirror's eyes. "When I saw you fighting your own kind like that for dragons you didn't even know... It just... got to me. I realized I wanted to be more like you- not that I could with how weak I am.... Y-you probably think I'm some weird dragon..."

"Not at all. I think its rather nice to hear you want to be like me- flattering really." Venger finally looked up as Ulysses responded. "I've rarely met any dragon with truly good hearts and desire to help even strangers in need."

"Really?"

"Of course." The mirror smiled and nudged him with a white and black wing. "Besides, you wanna hear a secret? It doesn't take physical or even magical strength all the time to be like me. If you have a good heart like I think you do then you'll do everything in your power to do what's right... and I think that's what really counts."

The young dragon was quiet and the two stared at each other for a few moments before he finally found his voice again. "I-I... thank you. Could I... Could I ask you to help me be more like that?"

"I think you already have what it takes inside you. You just need to let go of the insecurities holding you back... But yeah, I'd quite enjoy helping you find your feet." Ulysses flicked his tail towards the remaining work they still had to do. "But for now let's just get this done. One step at a time, Venger, and eventually they'll take you far."
Oh no my heart
Oh no my heart
“blaireau’s
[size=1]@Abysea @blaireau[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 40[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 145[/u] art/ lore day [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Orthoclase] and art/ lore **** Here's a colored pencil bust shot of our newest member Ulysses: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f38b25e11caaff6f2795b7f43d502d52/tumblr_pqdp5i157X1y78bexo1_540.jpg[/img]
@Abysea @blaireau
Day 40

RNG rolled 145

art/ lore day

Pinkerton drop Orthoclase

and art/ lore

Here's a colored pencil bust shot of our newest member Ulysses:

tumblr_pqdp5i157X1y78bexo1_540.jpg

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18