Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Emperor Locke] Containing the Beast
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@DeathSpecter
wow a five-egg nest on day 1. Vould you add me to the pinglist please? I'd love to see how this goes.
@DeathSpecter
wow a five-egg nest on day 1. Vould you add me to the pinglist please? I'd love to see how this goes.
2XruB4R.png
@Abysea I really wasn't expecting that either watch the majority get tails and die when it hatches, RNG must've been making up for all the times I was unable to breed for my previous war/locke.

You've been added!
@Abysea I really wasn't expecting that either watch the majority get tails and die when it hatches, RNG must've been making up for all the times I was unable to breed for my previous war/locke.

You've been added!
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@Abysea
Day 3

RNG rolled 80

Death streak!

Considering they're only level 4 I'll be going back to the training fields for this one.

Pinkerton drop ???

... I uh completely forgot to check before I clicked okay this morning. Oops.

BUT everyone is now level 5 and we didn't lose any lives.

I went through the death streak then decided that since I didn't see what Pinkerton dropped, I'd keep going until they leveled up.
Next time there's a battle or death streak they'll be going in the Woodland path probably should've today honestly
@Abysea
Day 3

RNG rolled 80

Death streak!

Considering they're only level 4 I'll be going back to the training fields for this one.

Pinkerton drop ???

... I uh completely forgot to check before I clicked okay this morning. Oops.

BUT everyone is now level 5 and we didn't lose any lives.

I went through the death streak then decided that since I didn't see what Pinkerton dropped, I'd keep going until they leveled up.
Next time there's a battle or death streak they'll be going in the Woodland path probably should've today honestly
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 4[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 12[/u] The amount of rounds rolled a 19. Sugar Meadow was targeted pretty much every single round for some reason so I kept healing her. However, an unexpected critical hit from a greenroot janustrap took one of her lives. [s]still not sure how it managed to do that considering her health meter and not being a very effective attack[/s] Other than that incident everyone is still level 5 and nearly level 6. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=scholar] So close to another Death Streak, however we flipped heads so it's just some normal coli time today!
@Abysea
Day 4

RNG rolled 12

The amount of rounds rolled a 19.

Sugar Meadow was targeted pretty much every single round for some reason so I kept healing her. However, an unexpected critical hit from a greenroot janustrap took one of her lives. still not sure how it managed to do that considering her health meter and not being a very effective attack

Other than that incident everyone is still level 5 and nearly level 6.

Pinkerton drop Scholar

So close to another Death Streak, however we flipped heads so it's just some normal coli time today!
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 5[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 62[/u] Looks like we'll be adding a new dragon to the locke! The roll for which breed was 7 so it looks like we'll be getting another guardian. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=gold steampunk scarf] Breed 2 dragons or buy one for under 10kt These two turned out the same pretty much, as I'd have to buy a dragon for both since no one can breed together. So, I only picked up 1 guardian hatchling. Meet the newest boy to our so far mainly guardian dominated locke: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50233310] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502334/50233310_350.png[/img] [/url] Balkan Also, our 5 egg nest hatches tomorrow! Here's to hoping we get some good luck on the coin flips.
@Abysea
Day 5

RNG rolled 62

Looks like we'll be adding a new dragon to the locke!

The roll for which breed was 7 so it looks like we'll be getting another guardian.

Pinkerton drop Gold Steampunk Scarf

Breed 2 dragons or buy one for under 10kt

These two turned out the same pretty much, as I'd have to buy a dragon for both since no one can breed together.

So, I only picked up 1 guardian hatchling. Meet the newest boy to our so far mainly guardian dominated locke:

50233310_350.png

Balkan

Also, our 5 egg nest hatches tomorrow! Here's to hoping we get some good luck on the coin flips.
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 6[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 124[/u] So art/ lore day! Balkan had joined the clan recently- to a very displeased Sugar Meadow- and had been nearly starved and, being a Nature dragon, seemed ill. This morning however the three were watching the young hatchling running around and tumbling each time he tripped over his wings. Sugar Meadow shook her head as she came back from patrol to see the young guardian fall flat on his face. "Nice." "He's only a hatchling. He'll grow into his body soon enough." Mercury nudged the hatchling back to his feet once more. "Think of what a hel-" Iraia shoved her way out of the small nesting den. "Mercury, quickly! The nest is hatching!" The purple tundra whipped around, his eyes wide with nerves and excitement, before running over to join his mate. Sugar Meadow rolled her eyes and walked slowly in tow, making sure she gave Balkan a stern look when he started getting underfoot once again. He skidded to a halt and tilted his head inquisitively but didn't speak; he hadn't spoken since they'd found him. She turned away and ignored him once more. [i]"Why on earth does he like to bother ME so much? By the deities he's always under my feet whenever I come back to camp!"[/i] She grimaced at the thought of more hatchlings tripping her up as she peaked into the nesting den to watch the nest hatch. Her shadow blocked some of the light but the opening was large enough to watch what was going on as the green eggs continued to crack. The hatching took longer than she expected but soon the first fluffy paw of a tundra hatchling broke free and the light blue furred hatchling crawled out. The small female tundra gave a confused cry and spread her blood red wings as she crawled weakly around. Her eyes looked a strange red-green in an almost sickly way and Sugar Meadow bit her tongue as she realized the newly hatched tundra appeared to be blind. She didn't like the fact these hatchlings existed but she wouldn't ruin this for the first time parents just yet. Iraia gave a small rumbling laugh of amusement and picked up her daughter to lay her in the curve of her tail so the other eggs had space to hatch. A similarly blue paw clawed through the shell with ease and a guardian male shakily stood up. His eyes matched his tundra sister's, though by the way he was staring up at each of them in turn made it obvious he could indeed see them. "Oh he's going to be a strong warrior, aren't you?" Mercury leaned down to look closer at his son, who flinched back a moment before stumbling out of the nest with his small chest puffed up- Sugar Meadow couldn't tell if he was trying to look intimidating or mimic his father's maned chest. Two more eggs hatched at nearly the same time. A dark blue tundra male and a guardian female sat in the ruined shards of their eggs, resting after their struggles to break free. Sugar Meadow glanced at the last egg. It still hadn't moved and the shade of green looked rotten compared to the others that had been in the nest. "We should bury it far from camp before predators come to eat it and attack us." She spoke up. "What?" Mercury looked away from his unhatched child. "...Wait, no! Give it more time. It hasn't been that long." Iraia growled and barred her teeth. "Stay away from it." Sugar Meadow lashed her tail, unknowingly almost hitting Balkan who was impatiently sitting outside, before retreating her head from the den. They would come to terms with the loss of what would have been their second born soon enough. For now all she could do was go eat in her den and make sure Balkan didn't get into trouble while the other two watched over their own hatchlings. It wasn't until nightfall that the grieving parents revealed themselves. Their hatchlings were sleeping in a new nest and Iraia was clutching a now blackened egg in her claws. Mercury stopped outside the den with his head bowed, staying behind to watch their living hatchlings, while his guardian mate flew off into the warm night sky to bury the rotten egg. Sugar Meadow pretended to still be sleeping as she watched the scene play out before curling up further around Balkan. Hopefully they'd be more willing to listen to her in the morning about the situation. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=scholar] So close to another Death Streak, however we flipped heads so once again we avoid one! **** And our 5 egg nest hatched! I'll be adding the hatchlings here shortly as well along with who lived/ died from it! Without further ado meet: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50254717] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502548/50254717_350.png[/img] [/url] Alenia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50254719] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502548/50254719_350.png[/img] [/url] Thanis [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50254720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502548/50254720_350.png[/img] [/url] Zaer [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50254721] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502548/50254721_350.png[/img] [/url] Celia and here's their deceased brother: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50254718] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/502548/50254718.png[/img] [/url]
@Abysea
Day 6

RNG rolled 124

So art/ lore day!

Balkan had joined the clan recently- to a very displeased Sugar Meadow- and had been nearly starved and, being a Nature dragon, seemed ill. This morning however the three were watching the young hatchling running around and tumbling each time he tripped over his wings.

Sugar Meadow shook her head as she came back from patrol to see the young guardian fall flat on his face. "Nice."

"He's only a hatchling. He'll grow into his body soon enough." Mercury nudged the hatchling back to his feet once more. "Think of what a hel-"

Iraia shoved her way out of the small nesting den. "Mercury, quickly! The nest is hatching!"

The purple tundra whipped around, his eyes wide with nerves and excitement, before running over to join his mate. Sugar Meadow rolled her eyes and walked slowly in tow, making sure she gave Balkan a stern look when he started getting underfoot once again.

He skidded to a halt and tilted his head inquisitively but didn't speak; he hadn't spoken since they'd found him. She turned away and ignored him once more. "Why on earth does he like to bother ME so much? By the deities he's always under my feet whenever I come back to camp!"

She grimaced at the thought of more hatchlings tripping her up as she peaked into the nesting den to watch the nest hatch. Her shadow blocked some of the light but the opening was large enough to watch what was going on as the green eggs continued to crack.

The hatching took longer than she expected but soon the first fluffy paw of a tundra hatchling broke free and the light blue furred hatchling crawled out. The small female tundra gave a confused cry and spread her blood red wings as she crawled weakly around. Her eyes looked a strange red-green in an almost sickly way and Sugar Meadow bit her tongue as she realized the newly hatched tundra appeared to be blind. She didn't like the fact these hatchlings existed but she wouldn't ruin this for the first time parents just yet.

Iraia gave a small rumbling laugh of amusement and picked up her daughter to lay her in the curve of her tail so the other eggs had space to hatch. A similarly blue paw clawed through the shell with ease and a guardian male shakily stood up. His eyes matched his tundra sister's, though by the way he was staring up at each of them in turn made it obvious he could indeed see them.

"Oh he's going to be a strong warrior, aren't you?" Mercury leaned down to look closer at his son, who flinched back a moment before stumbling out of the nest with his small chest puffed up- Sugar Meadow couldn't tell if he was trying to look intimidating or mimic his father's maned chest.

Two more eggs hatched at nearly the same time. A dark blue tundra male and a guardian female sat in the ruined shards of their eggs, resting after their struggles to break free. Sugar Meadow glanced at the last egg. It still hadn't moved and the shade of green looked rotten compared to the others that had been in the nest.

"We should bury it far from camp before predators come to eat it and attack us." She spoke up.

"What?" Mercury looked away from his unhatched child. "...Wait, no! Give it more time. It hasn't been that long."

Iraia growled and barred her teeth. "Stay away from it."

Sugar Meadow lashed her tail, unknowingly almost hitting Balkan who was impatiently sitting outside, before retreating her head from the den. They would come to terms with the loss of what would have been their second born soon enough. For now all she could do was go eat in her den and make sure Balkan didn't get into trouble while the other two watched over their own hatchlings.

It wasn't until nightfall that the grieving parents revealed themselves. Their hatchlings were sleeping in a new nest and Iraia was clutching a now blackened egg in her claws. Mercury stopped outside the den with his head bowed, staying behind to watch their living hatchlings, while his guardian mate flew off into the warm night sky to bury the rotten egg. Sugar Meadow pretended to still be sleeping as she watched the scene play out before curling up further around Balkan. Hopefully they'd be more willing to listen to her in the morning about the situation.

Pinkerton drop Scholar

So close to another Death Streak, however we flipped heads so once again we avoid one!

And our 5 egg nest hatched! I'll be adding the hatchlings here shortly as well along with who lived/ died from it!

Without further ado meet:

50254717_350.png

Alenia

50254719_350.png

Thanis

50254720_350.png

Zaer

50254721_350.png

Celia

and here's their deceased brother:

50254718.png

[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 7[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 8[/u] The amount of rounds rolled a 12. Another day on the Woodland path. Everyone is now up to level 6. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=large stone collar] Looks like we'll be getting some lore or art with this coli day! Aaand here's some art I did of Sugar Meadow as she previously was/ is trying to become once more. Gotta say despite this being done with a mouse I'm pretty proud of it :) [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/c1764d1facf3d19a5d699003485bf6c9/tumblr_pomovtnd3e1y78bexo1_540.jpg[/img]
@Abysea
Day 7

RNG rolled 8

The amount of rounds rolled a 12.

Another day on the Woodland path. Everyone is now up to level 6.

Pinkerton drop Large Stone Collar

Looks like we'll be getting some lore or art with this coli day!

Aaand here's some art I did of Sugar Meadow as she previously was/ is trying to become once more. Gotta say despite this being done with a mouse I'm pretty proud of it :)

tumblr_pomovtnd3e1y78bexo1_540.jpg
@DeathSpecter
Aww Sugarmeadow looks cute. Also yay hatchies! Nearly all of them lived goodness.
@DeathSpecter
Aww Sugarmeadow looks cute. Also yay hatchies! Nearly all of them lived goodness.
2XruB4R.png
@Abysea Thanks! [emoji=coatl happy] usually I draw things then scan them into the computer to color/ shade. But since I don't think I'll be getting a tablet anytime soon I thought I'd practice getting better with mouse drawings for this one. I was pretty surprised at that too! I would've thought at least 2 would've died. Lol guess they're true Plague flight survivors after all. [s]or its rng making up for 0 rare chanced gene upgrades[/s]
@Abysea Thanks! usually I draw things then scan them into the computer to color/ shade. But since I don't think I'll be getting a tablet anytime soon I thought I'd practice getting better with mouse drawings for this one.

I was pretty surprised at that too! I would've thought at least 2 would've died. Lol guess they're true Plague flight survivors after all. or its rng making up for 0 rare chanced gene upgrades
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 8[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 51[/u] Well, I guess I'll be getting another dragon then. [s]RNG, you aren't making a stock pile to get killed off later are you? Should I be concerned?[/s] The roll for which breed was 12 so we get a nocturne! [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=green jelly] Which means we get 30-40 rounds in the coliseum as well! 30 battles later and everyone is at level 7! Mercury has lost a life however so next coli time I might try out scorched forest (since I gave them might/ acuity fragments and Mercury now has regeneration) and see how well it goes. *** Also, meet the newest member: Cyanide! She was a fodder rescue I grew attached to and since I couldn't find any on the AH I liked well enough I decided to bring her into this. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49872317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498724/49872317_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Abysea
Day 8

RNG rolled 51

Well, I guess I'll be getting another dragon then.
RNG, you aren't making a stock pile to get killed off later are you? Should I be concerned?

The roll for which breed was 12 so we get a nocturne!

Pinkerton drop Green Jelly

Which means we get 30-40 rounds in the coliseum as well!

30 battles later and everyone is at level 7!

Mercury has lost a life however so next coli time I might try out scorched forest (since I gave them might/ acuity fragments and Mercury now has regeneration) and see how well it goes.

Also, meet the newest member: Cyanide!

She was a fodder rescue I grew attached to and since I couldn't find any on the AH I liked well enough I decided to bring her into this.

49872317_350.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18