Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Touring The Wasteland - Wanderlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Jaspernoir I was just going to tweak some of the rules too, thanks for pointing that out!
@Jaspernoir I was just going to tweak some of the rules too, thanks for pointing that out!
2XruB4R.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/TWYDT6F.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 7 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/499308/49930710.png?mtime=XH_0MgAAGdA.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 7[/b] -----[/size] [size=2][i]For whatever reason hippogriff started his entry by having covered his hands in charcoal and pressing them into the page. You are uncertain of the significance of this. It’s hard to discern what order his recap goes in as it’s all over the next few pages. You see some dried and flattened roses tapped to the page using tar (or possibly mirror spit), a feather secured in a similar manner and what looks like directional notes in the corner. Though it’s hard to tell given he used arrows and not words. What is it even pointing at? Maybe the camp location? One page has been burnt a bit at the corners and seems to have been used entirely for a game of tick-tac-toe. It can be assumed they stayed somewhere for a long time, as there a lot of games scribbled out. There’s also a map of some sort drawn out. It leads to fungi tree and it seems Hippogriff was hanging from it’s tendrils like a bat. Or maybe he was catching bats- there’s some fur samples taped down as well! You start thinking maybe the hatchling was separated from his pack for a while. This is due to the amount of tally marks on a page stained with some sort of blood. Maybe his meal? It would explain the burnt pages if he attempted to build his own fire. There’s a doodle of indiscernible creature standing on a rock. He seems to have tied vulture-feathers bits to make a mane of some kind. Maybe it was dodo or springbok? The entry ends with three claw-like markings on the page. Like some sort of stamp or signature. [/i][/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]ASHMANE: 11 DUNEWIND: 21 BASILISK: 21 (using mage: buffer build for her) [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2]7 - Hippo 9: Someone gets lost for a while (whoever is rolled cannot enter the coli) Hippogriff -distressed noises- He’s finally allowed some leash and he runs off like a brat. At least nobody was injured today good grief. I changed some of the rules a bit. Added some options to “if a good thing happens” it make it feel like a good thing really happened xD. Jaspernoir pointed out I was missing earth from my rolls, so I added a prompt for earth my bad. Also I’m gonna attempt to keep track of which month we at timeline wise so I can sort of tailor the weather to that season. [/size] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
TWYDT6F.png

Year: 1 | Week: 7

49930710.png?mtime=XH_0MgAAGdA.png

ENTRY 7

For whatever reason hippogriff started his entry by having covered his hands in charcoal and pressing them into the page. You are uncertain of the significance of this. It’s hard to discern what order his recap goes in as it’s all over the next few pages. You see some dried and flattened roses tapped to the page using tar (or possibly mirror spit), a feather secured in a similar manner and what looks like directional notes in the corner. Though it’s hard to tell given he used arrows and not words. What is it even pointing at? Maybe the camp location? One page has been burnt a bit at the corners and seems to have been used entirely for a game of tick-tac-toe. It can be assumed they stayed somewhere for a long time, as there a lot of games scribbled out. There’s also a map of some sort drawn out. It leads to fungi tree and it seems Hippogriff was hanging from it’s tendrils like a bat. Or maybe he was catching bats- there’s some fur samples taped down as well!

You start thinking maybe the hatchling was separated from his pack for a while. This is due to the amount of tally marks on a page stained with some sort of blood. Maybe his meal? It would explain the burnt pages if he attempted to build his own fire. There’s a doodle of indiscernible creature standing on a rock. He seems to have tied vulture-feathers bits to make a mane of some kind. Maybe it was dodo or springbok? The entry ends with three claw-like markings on the page. Like some sort of stamp or signature.

DROPS

ASHMANE: 11
DUNEWIND: 21
BASILISK: 21 (using mage: buffer build for her)

LOG

7 - Hippo 9: Someone gets lost for a while (whoever is rolled cannot enter the coli) Hippogriff

-distressed noises- He’s finally allowed some leash and he runs off like a brat. At least nobody was injured today good grief. I changed some of the rules a bit. Added some options to “if a good thing happens” it make it feel like a good thing really happened xD. Jaspernoir pointed out I was missing earth from my rolls, so I added a prompt for earth my bad. Also I’m gonna attempt to keep track of which month we at timeline wise so I can sort of tailor the weather to that season.

@huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir
2XruB4R.png
aaaa fantastic!
aaaa fantastic!
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/zWn3Pbv.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 8 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/479278/47927797.png?mtime=XIAc-AAAKP4.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 8[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]We’ve moved to a slightly more plain-like area. The dirt is dry and solid here. Dusty but not quite sandy so it’s easier to move. The kids are having a bit of a hard time adapting to non-sand though and it’s funny to watch. Tripping over their own feet, or flying too far ahead only to have to slow it down. Firemane keeps wandering off at night and bringing back “cool items”. Mostly because Ashmane and Hippogriff keep egging him on to do it. I’m worried one night he’ll wander off and not come back. He keeps flying further and further from camp and it creeps closer and closer to dawn by the time he returns. There’s no need for that level of dedication, but I think him and Ash are in a competition of some sorts. It’s annoying. Firemane tends to bring a “cooler item” than Ashmane back, so then Ashmane pesters Dunewind into racing or wrestling with him since he knows he’ll win against him. I think the other day he hurt him real bad, Dunewind was limping about like a pup. I wished they’d just get along. Speaking of pups, the little ones are getting bigger. Griff is easily the most independent of the brood, he prefers going off on his own. I’m worried Ash and Fire are going to end up roping him into their competition game and Griff will end up the one vanishing. I saw Manti stalking a leaf insect the other day and then Firemane came along and gave him some lessons on how to attack it. I had to stifle not laughing at that, oh Manti was embarrassed! I guess being a fae and all Firemane feels he must be pretty weak. Could also be because the pups haven’t ever seen him in a real tough fight. Bas keeps asking me to draw things for her. I never figured she’d be so interested in drawing like this but she loves when I sketch something and she gets to trace it. She’s gotten pretty good at drawing her namesake animal so I’ve started sketching the variants of it for her. She keeps asking about the same details of it, why such and such animal has fins and the others don’t. So curious! I’m sorry to say I don’t got the answers for her. She’d be better to ask Dunewind about it, he loves learning about critters and stuff. Just so long as she doesn’t adopt his weird habit of examining corpses before he eats them. Manti and I agree it’s not right to stare at his food that long before he digs in. Anyhow, that’s it for now. - Chimera [/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]Bask drops - 9 crowned bonepriest Dune drops - 53 Augite protector Ash Drops - 24 Wildwood owl drop Firemane - 41, Petalmane Floron Chim Drops - 13 Manti Drops - 7 [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2]8 - Chimera 10: An unusual location! On this episode of Abysea Gives Random Unimportant Backstories: Chimera came from an upper class painter/photographer family who were broke. They mostly served royalty and nobles and so put on a show of having more money than they did. Chimera was trained in how to sketch dragon-portraits to sell roadside portraits but never took a liking to it very much. Manticore’s family was one of Chimera’s fam’s top clients- a family of war heroes who liked to immortalize their noble acts in art. Things started falling apart for both families, one financially and the other socially, and that’s when Chimera and Manticore decided to run off together, longing for more than what they had. In the form of adventure. Seeing as she never liked art that much Chimera doesn’t know what to do with her art-inclined children. xD Dune likes looking over his prey so much because he figures the more he knows about it the more efficient he can be at hunting it. He mainly looks for weak spots, areas to aim for when making a kill. Dune’s like a cheetah in that he can only hunt in short quick bursts so it’s important for the guy to work quickly. Also Firemane doesn’t view his actions as competitive he just likes hoarding stuff. He somehow hasn’t caught on that Ashmane very, very much would like to win. [/size] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
zWn3Pbv.png

Year: 1 | Week: 8

47927797.png?mtime=XIAc-AAAKP4.png

ENTRY 8

We’ve moved to a slightly more plain-like area. The dirt is dry and solid here. Dusty but not quite sandy so it’s easier to move. The kids are having a bit of a hard time adapting to non-sand though and it’s funny to watch. Tripping over their own feet, or flying too far ahead only to have to slow it down.
Firemane keeps wandering off at night and bringing back “cool items”. Mostly because Ashmane and Hippogriff keep egging him on to do it. I’m worried one night he’ll wander off and not come back. He keeps flying further and further from camp and it creeps closer and closer to dawn by the time he returns. There’s no need for that level of dedication, but I think him and Ash are in a competition of some sorts. It’s annoying. Firemane tends to bring a “cooler item” than Ashmane back, so then Ashmane pesters Dunewind into racing or wrestling with him since he knows he’ll win against him. I think the other day he hurt him real bad, Dunewind was limping about like a pup. I wished they’d just get along. Speaking of pups, the little ones are getting bigger. Griff is easily the most independent of the brood, he prefers going off on his own. I’m worried Ash and Fire are going to end up roping him into their competition game and Griff will end up the one vanishing.

I saw Manti stalking a leaf insect the other day and then Firemane came along and gave him some lessons on how to attack it. I had to stifle not laughing at that, oh Manti was embarrassed! I guess being a fae and all Firemane feels he must be pretty weak. Could also be because the pups haven’t ever seen him in a real tough fight.

Bas keeps asking me to draw things for her. I never figured she’d be so interested in drawing like this but she loves when I sketch something and she gets to trace it. She’s gotten pretty good at drawing her namesake animal so I’ve started sketching the variants of it for her. She keeps asking about the same details of it, why such and such animal has fins and the others don’t. So curious! I’m sorry to say I don’t got the answers for her. She’d be better to ask Dunewind about it, he loves learning about critters and stuff. Just so long as she doesn’t adopt his weird habit of examining corpses before he eats them. Manti and I agree it’s not right to stare at his food that long before he digs in. Anyhow, that’s it for now. - Chimera

DROPS

Bask drops - 9 crowned bonepriest
Dune drops - 53 Augite protector
Ash Drops - 24 Wildwood owl drop

Firemane - 41, Petalmane Floron
Chim Drops - 13
Manti Drops - 7

LOG

8 - Chimera 10: An unusual location!
On this episode of Abysea Gives Random Unimportant Backstories: Chimera came from an upper class painter/photographer family who were broke. They mostly served royalty and nobles and so put on a show of having more money than they did. Chimera was trained in how to sketch dragon-portraits to sell roadside portraits but never took a liking to it very much. Manticore’s family was one of Chimera’s fam’s top clients- a family of war heroes who liked to immortalize their noble acts in art. Things started falling apart for both families, one financially and the other socially, and that’s when Chimera and Manticore decided to run off together, longing for more than what they had. In the form of adventure. Seeing as she never liked art that much Chimera doesn’t know what to do with her art-inclined children. xD

Dune likes looking over his prey so much because he figures the more he knows about it the more efficient he can be at hunting it. He mainly looks for weak spots, areas to aim for when making a kill. Dune’s like a cheetah in that he can only hunt in short quick bursts so it’s important for the guy to work quickly. Also Firemane doesn’t view his actions as competitive he just likes hoarding stuff. He somehow hasn’t caught on that Ashmane very, very much would like to win.

2XruB4R.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/TyqDC1d.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 9 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/479284/47928378.png?mtime=XIAdBwAAMTg.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 9[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]> Grass. It’s weird seeing so much grass even if it’s red and spikey. > Insects were plentiful, meat infrequent. Lot of scavengers trying to steal whatever was hunted down. > Found water, very suspicious. Started a fire to hopefully purify it. Did this during day, don’t like having fires at night. The wildlife keep getting drawn to it. > Chimera suggested we find a merchant. Said we could attempt to barter some things and stock up on provisions. We’ll have to search for stuff next week to sell. We already have some neat items with us, but it won’t hurt the more to have. (We can always dump whatever we don’t need). > Came to one of the “trails”. Tendrils stretching for miles and miles all the way to the Wyrmwound. A lot of travelers usually follow these like a road, but we only saw a couple parties when we passed by. Pity we didn't find a part that had inns popped up along it, that would've been nice to find. > Ashmane kept going up to the pilgrims and bothering them about where they were going. I told him to cut it out but he didn’t listen. Hippogriff started copying him and then tried to rummage through their bags so we started heading off the Tendril Trail to leave the travelers be. > The muddy and cool areas are starting to heat up. There's more wind around lately which is kicking some of the dust up. Firemane couldn't stop sneezing hahaha. [/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]Hippo - 10 (mage: tank build) Dune - 20 Ash - 7 (orphedos serthis) Bask- 3 Fire - 12 Chim - 3 Manti - 1 [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2] 9 - Manti 4: A notable location! Training hippo to be a tank healer is going slowly but he's level five so he gains a heart now. I’m being very careful with Fire, Chim and Manti’s team since I initially started leveling Chim and Manti with glass cannon build before switching to Sedona’s so their stats are a little off from what they should be. Chimera’s actually down to her last life now I’m worried for her [emoji=coatl scared]. Maybe I’ll pair her with hippo and have them grind for item drops at lower levels. [/size] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
TyqDC1d.png

Year: 1 | Week: 9

47928378.png?mtime=XIAdBwAAMTg.png

ENTRY 9

> Grass. It’s weird seeing so much grass even if it’s red and spikey.

> Insects were plentiful, meat infrequent. Lot of scavengers trying to steal whatever was hunted down.

> Found water, very suspicious. Started a fire to hopefully purify it. Did this during day, don’t like having fires at night. The wildlife keep getting drawn to it.

> Chimera suggested we find a merchant. Said we could attempt to barter some things and stock up on provisions. We’ll have to search for stuff next week to sell. We already have some neat items with us, but it won’t hurt the more to have. (We can always dump whatever we don’t need).

> Came to one of the “trails”. Tendrils stretching for miles and miles all the way to the Wyrmwound. A lot of travelers usually follow these like a road, but we only saw a couple parties when we passed by. Pity we didn't find a part that had inns popped up along it, that would've been nice to find.

> Ashmane kept going up to the pilgrims and bothering them about where they were going. I told him to cut it out but he didn’t listen. Hippogriff started copying him and then tried to rummage through their bags so we started heading off the Tendril Trail to leave the travelers be.

> The muddy and cool areas are starting to heat up. There's more wind around lately which is kicking some of the dust up. Firemane couldn't stop sneezing hahaha.

DROPS

Hippo - 10 (mage: tank build)

Dune - 20
Ash - 7 (orphedos serthis)
Bask- 3

Fire - 12
Chim - 3
Manti - 1

LOG

9 - Manti 4: A notable location!
Training hippo to be a tank healer is going slowly but he's level five so he gains a heart now. I’m being very careful with Fire, Chim and Manti’s team since I initially started leveling Chim and Manti with glass cannon build before switching to Sedona’s so their stats are a little off from what they should be. Chimera’s actually down to her last life now I’m worried for her . Maybe I’ll pair her with hippo and have them grind for item drops at lower levels.

2XruB4R.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZQNZtY.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 10 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/486277/48627646.png?mtime=XIvufwAAPiU.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 10[/b] -----[/size] [size=2][i]Day 1[/i] Basilisk and Hippogriff are getting bigger now, so Ma said I should take them out exploring with me today. I’ve been sniffing out water sources lately, not that we’ve been running out nowadays. The rotrim has a lot! I just like being clean so I seek out water to brush the dirt off from under my nails. There’s a canyon-like area near where we camped and I thought I heard the sound of rushing water as we passed it. I’m going to take Bas and Griff over there in the morning. Just hope they can keep up, it’s quite the flight. [i]Day 2[/i] Wow, the river was so refreshing! The canyon is pretty steep, steeper than I thought but we glided down no problem. It was kind of inconvenient trying to hop back up out of it though. Thankfully Bas is a fae, so she just clung to my back while I climbed. Griff had some troubles balancing to climb all the way up so I had to go back down and drag him up myself. He’s getting bigger now so it’s a lot tougher than when he was a tiny pup. I can’t exactly carry him around anymore. [i]Day 3[/i] Went out with Dunewind today! He asked me to take him hunting. I’m not really a GREAT hunter but Ma was so excited that Dune had asked for it so I agreed. We had to circle around the plains a lot before something came into view but then Dune saw a springbok and brought it down really quickly! It’s not really enough for a full meal so we just ate it as a snack then and there. It was kind of messy so I convinced Dune to go to the river with me so I could clean up. He was pretty tired by the time we got there, so I flew down the canyon myself. Real fast-moving water today. Almost got swept up by it! Luckily I’m a strong swimmer so I avoided too big of a mess. [i]Day 4[/i] Bask asked to sketch me so I had to sit still for a long time. A really, really long time. I was so bored, but I counted the rocks behind Bask as she did that. There were about 56 of them sprawled out from what I could see. Pa says if you crack them open some rocks have shiny insides! I wanted to try that so after Bask finished I tried dropping some stones from waaaayy up high. They broke but none of them had cool insides. :( [i]Day 5[/i] It rained today and I love it! So clean and fresh smelling now! Ash didn’t like it so I walked with my wings unfurled so he could hide from the rain under it. He seemed offended by this. I’m not sure why. Griff and Bas hid under my wing instead and kept humming the whole time. Or rather Griff was humming and Bask was.. Humming monotone? She seemed really excited with her frills flapping everywhere. [i]Day 6[/i] It’s cool today and misty. Very nice. I think the rain helped a bit. I went up on a cliff and soared off of it! Since it was foggy I was gliding over and through the mist! So exciting! Ma said I shouldn’t do that when I can’t see well since I could fly right into a canyon but it was so fun I couldn’t stop! [i]Day 7[/i] Today was a good day for cloud gazing! Lot of cool shapes if you rolled on your back and looked at them. We weren’t camped anywhere today, just moved on straight so I couldn’t really do that for very long. Anyways I think we’re getting closer to where the merchant village is. Pa is excited, he keeps frill-flapping like Bas and asking me to fetch him trinkets to sell. I’m pretty pumped! [/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]Hippo - 4 Dune - 16 Ash - 30 Bask- 4 Fire - 1 Chim - 17 (sunbeam dyrad) Manti - 6 [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2] 10 - Firemane 10: An unusual location! Month of (Wind) Very windy, warmer weather. Lots of familiars come out of hibernation. Back on day 8 Firemane got a familiar drop so I decided to use it this week to give him noxtide! Could’ve used it as a heart point like a reasonable person but I’m tired of noxtide sitting pretty waiting to be used. I like to think he gets it story wise from Day 3s near-drowning experience in his entry. -Wheezes- At one point I had just hippo and Fire on a team to see try and get fire caught up to the exp range his parents are in... and they were trying to take on a Pohip together. It went surprisingly well but had to leave once they were both low health and Hippo had no breath left. Later on Dune Ash and Bask took one down together. I love healer builds they would have fainted if not for regenerate. [/size] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
SZQNZtY.png

Year: 1 | Week: 10

48627646.png?mtime=XIvufwAAPiU.png

ENTRY 10

Day 1 Basilisk and Hippogriff are getting bigger now, so Ma said I should take them out exploring with me today. I’ve been sniffing out water sources lately, not that we’ve been running out nowadays. The rotrim has a lot! I just like being clean so I seek out water to brush the dirt off from under my nails. There’s a canyon-like area near where we camped and I thought I heard the sound of rushing water as we passed it. I’m going to take Bas and Griff over there in the morning. Just hope they can keep up, it’s quite the flight.

Day 2 Wow, the river was so refreshing! The canyon is pretty steep, steeper than I thought but we glided down no problem. It was kind of inconvenient trying to hop back up out of it though. Thankfully Bas is a fae, so she just clung to my back while I climbed. Griff had some troubles balancing to climb all the way up so I had to go back down and drag him up myself. He’s getting bigger now so it’s a lot tougher than when he was a tiny pup. I can’t exactly carry him around anymore.

Day 3 Went out with Dunewind today! He asked me to take him hunting. I’m not really a GREAT hunter but Ma was so excited that Dune had asked for it so I agreed. We had to circle around the plains a lot before something came into view but then Dune saw a springbok and brought it down really quickly! It’s not really enough for a full meal so we just ate it as a snack then and there. It was kind of messy so I convinced Dune to go to the river with me so I could clean up. He was pretty tired by the time we got there, so I flew down the canyon myself. Real fast-moving water today. Almost got swept up by it! Luckily I’m a strong swimmer so I avoided too big of a mess.

Day 4 Bask asked to sketch me so I had to sit still for a long time. A really, really long time. I was so bored, but I counted the rocks behind Bask as she did that. There were about 56 of them sprawled out from what I could see. Pa says if you crack them open some rocks have shiny insides! I wanted to try that so after Bask finished I tried dropping some stones from waaaayy up high. They broke but none of them had cool insides. :(

Day 5 It rained today and I love it! So clean and fresh smelling now! Ash didn’t like it so I walked with my wings unfurled so he could hide from the rain under it. He seemed offended by this. I’m not sure why. Griff and Bas hid under my wing instead and kept humming the whole time. Or rather Griff was humming and Bask was.. Humming monotone? She seemed really excited with her frills flapping everywhere.

Day 6 It’s cool today and misty. Very nice. I think the rain helped a bit. I went up on a cliff and soared off of it! Since it was foggy I was gliding over and through the mist! So exciting! Ma said I shouldn’t do that when I can’t see well since I could fly right into a canyon but it was so fun I couldn’t stop!

Day 7 Today was a good day for cloud gazing! Lot of cool shapes if you rolled on your back and looked at them. We weren’t camped anywhere today, just moved on straight so I couldn’t really do that for very long. Anyways I think we’re getting closer to where the merchant village is. Pa is excited, he keeps frill-flapping like Bas and asking me to fetch him trinkets to sell. I’m pretty pumped!

DROPS

Hippo - 4

Dune - 16
Ash - 30
Bask- 4

Fire - 1
Chim - 17 (sunbeam dyrad)
Manti - 6

LOG

10 - Firemane 10: An unusual location! Month of (Wind) Very windy, warmer weather. Lots of familiars come out of hibernation.

Back on day 8 Firemane got a familiar drop so I decided to use it this week to give him noxtide! Could’ve used it as a heart point like a reasonable person but I’m tired of noxtide sitting pretty waiting to be used. I like to think he gets it story wise from Day 3s near-drowning experience in his entry.

-Wheezes- At one point I had just hippo and Fire on a team to see try and get fire caught up to the exp range his parents are in... and they were trying to take on a Pohip together. It went surprisingly well but had to leave once they were both low health and Hippo had no breath left. Later on Dune Ash and Bask took one down together. I love healer builds they would have fainted if not for regenerate.

2XruB4R.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/MdNOXwf.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 11 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/486277/48627648.png?mtime=XIAdHwAAL90.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 11[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]Today was windy and really sunny. It was good flying weather so Da and I scouted ahead of the pack to see if we could spy those merchants. We didn’t really see much of anything, just trees and some hills here and there. Gave wide berth to an area of bonepriests because there must have been 1000 of them stacked on top of each other. [i]You see a small note in the corner of the page barely legible. “I thought there was only two?” maybe it’s a note from Manticore.[/i] With the wind picking up so much lately Da said he’s worried we're gonna have to deal with whirlwinds- dust devils. I told him not to worry so much, there’s lots of crater-like mounds around here. If something happens we could camp out around those and just keep our wings tucked close to our sides. I don’t think it will though, the wind is frequent but it’s mostly tame. Lot of critters in the area. Guess that’s what we get for sticking so close to [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2644037/4#post_38123625]Tendril Trails[/url]. It’s pretty great, lot’s to eat! Yeah, one of the critters gave me a rough fight the other day, but I came out perfectly fine. Anyways, outside the weather this week was mostly just collecting stuff. We’ve got our bags filled to the brim with things to trade so I hope we come across those merchants soon. [/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]Hippo - 2 Dune - 21 (shattered serpent) Ash - 2 Bask- 12 Chim - 32 Fire - 12 Manti - 1 [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2] 11 - Ashmane 8: Good weather rolls in! We'll get to the merchants tomorrow, I just didn't feel like writing much today sorry. Chim, Manti and Fire are all level.13 now, decided not to form any new parties just yet. I'm hoping to get them to level.15 soon so they'll get a heart bonus. [/size] [quote=Level 13 rule][size=2]At level 13 and above a dragon can form a new party or swap which party they are currently in. Each party contributes to the overall trip journal so more parties = faster rate of progress, but also more work to manage. It takes a solo dragon 2 “weeks” to transfer between parties.[/size][/quote] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
MdNOXwf.png

Year: 1 | Week: 11

48627648.png?mtime=XIAdHwAAL90.png

ENTRY 11

Today was windy and really sunny. It was good flying weather so Da and I scouted ahead of the pack to see if we could spy those merchants. We didn’t really see much of anything, just trees and some hills here and there. Gave wide berth to an area of bonepriests because there must have been 1000 of them stacked on top of each other. You see a small note in the corner of the page barely legible. “I thought there was only two?” maybe it’s a note from Manticore. With the wind picking up so much lately Da said he’s worried we're gonna have to deal with whirlwinds- dust devils. I told him not to worry so much, there’s lots of crater-like mounds around here. If something happens we could camp out around those and just keep our wings tucked close to our sides. I don’t think it will though, the wind is frequent but it’s mostly tame. Lot of critters in the area. Guess that’s what we get for sticking so close to Tendril Trails. It’s pretty great, lot’s to eat! Yeah, one of the critters gave me a rough fight the other day, but I came out perfectly fine. Anyways, outside the weather this week was mostly just collecting stuff. We’ve got our bags filled to the brim with things to trade so I hope we come across those merchants soon.

DROPS

Hippo - 2

Dune - 21 (shattered serpent)
Ash - 2
Bask- 12

Chim - 32
Fire - 12
Manti - 1

LOG

11 - Ashmane 8: Good weather rolls in!

We'll get to the merchants tomorrow, I just didn't feel like writing much today sorry. Chim, Manti and Fire are all level.13 now, decided not to form any new parties just yet. I'm hoping to get them to level.15 soon so they'll get a heart bonus.

Level 13 rule wrote:
At level 13 and above a dragon can form a new party or swap which party they are currently in. Each party contributes to the overall trip journal so more parties = faster rate of progress, but also more work to manage. It takes a solo dragon 2 “weeks” to transfer between parties.

2XruB4R.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/OvuVQGd.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 12 & 13 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/486277/48627650.png?mtime=XI5r3QAAMTI.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/499308/49930709.png?mtime=XIfLowAAPbM.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 12 & 13[/b] -----[/size] [size=2]Dune walked slowly, taking in all the sights. Da had spoken of towns before and although Dunewind had anticipated it would be populated, he couldn’t have guessed they would be THIS populated. So many dragons all clustered together! So many that Ashmane and Hippogriff couldn’t possibly bother all of them, or most of them for that matter. The family had to walk very close with their wings drawn to their sides less they hit other dragons as they passed them. They had arrived last monday and booked a room at an inn. Ma and Da had sat them down and told them right then and there they were being assigned teams while in the city. They weren’t allowed to leave their teammates at all. They could go wherever they liked, but they had to do so together. Ma, Da and Ashmane were “Team 1”. Hippogriff and Firemane “Team 2”. Dunewind and Basilisk were “team 3”. They were also given a spending allowance, gold coins and an assortment of items to trade and barter shopkeepers with. The week had been filled with a blur of activity. Currently Dunewind had sat down at a cafe with Basilisk. She was enjoying a sundae and excitedly describing the dragons passing by, fascinated by their ranging colours and interesting clothing. Dunewind took this moment to get the journal out- afterall it was his week with it. He slid out some charcoal from his pack and attempted to collect his thoughts together so as to write everything necessary down. [color=green][i]We came to a town. I’ve never seen so many dragons gathered in one place before! We were in teams all week so I can’t say what the others did this week but I can talk about Basilisk and my own journey. We went to a bazaar with shops lining the streets. Everyone had something for sale, treats, goodies, even animals! Though I don’t think the critters were for eating, they were alive and well-kept. I traded in some notes I took on Corpse Cleaner’s anatomy and got a headband in return, Bas says it makes me look funny and keeps trying to pull it down over my eyes while laughing. Even after buying treats we still had a lot of spending money left over. So we went around this settlement and looked at their attractions. There wasn’t a lot but we did see a racing contest which was pretty cool. When we all returned to the inn that evening “team 2” wasn’t there. I think they were out watching fireworks. I’m… Feeling strangely defeated being around so many dragons journal. I actually can’t wait to hit the road again, it feels so stuffy being here. I think-[/i][/color] Bas stole the notebook from Dunewind as he was writing it. She had at some point ripped out several pages and had been sketching on them throughout the day. “Let’s glue them in the book.” She stated, her frills indicating she was excited. Although “glue” turned out to be thread and needle stitching it into place. Dunewind didn’t see most of the sketches as his companion wanted to be secretive about them. He didn't understand why but he found it cute all the same. [color=green][i]In the journal is many drawings stitched to the pages. Some of familiars being lead and others of crowds of dragons moving along. You notice one picture where a somewhat agitated Ashmane being bothered by Hippogriff. In the back is Manticore trying to take a nap. This looks like a picture from the first day they arrived in the city. Neat.[/i][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/EyZh5Wwl.jpg[/img] [/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2] Dune - 18 Ash - 16 Bask- 7 [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2] 12 - Dunewind 1 Something good happens! 1. New apparel! Go to the AH and buy something, keep it between 5-10kt cost wise. Peacekeeping headband bought, gave it to Dune since he’s the author. 13 - Basilisk 11: A settlement or town of some kind! Hope you all don’t mind me combining weeks 12 and 13 together. I thought it was cute they found a town right after I was gonna do a merchant prompt. Here we have Dune and Bas taking a shopping trip! Dune gets some apparel and Ash gets a new gene this week. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/486277/48627648.png?mtime=XI5wMQAAMq4.png[/img] Also how to do you all feel about the intro-thing to the entries this week? I was debating whether to post the entry including them or not. [/size] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
OvuVQGd.png

Year: 1 | Week: 12 & 13

48627650.png?mtime=XI5r3QAAMTI.png49930709.png?mtime=XIfLowAAPbM.png

ENTRY 12 & 13

Dune walked slowly, taking in all the sights. Da had spoken of towns before and although Dunewind had anticipated it would be populated, he couldn’t have guessed they would be THIS populated. So many dragons all clustered together! So many that Ashmane and Hippogriff couldn’t possibly bother all of them, or most of them for that matter. The family had to walk very close with their wings drawn to their sides less they hit other dragons as they passed them. They had arrived last monday and booked a room at an inn. Ma and Da had sat them down and told them right then and there they were being assigned teams while in the city. They weren’t allowed to leave their teammates at all. They could go wherever they liked, but they had to do so together. Ma, Da and Ashmane were “Team 1”. Hippogriff and Firemane “Team 2”. Dunewind and Basilisk were “team 3”. They were also given a spending allowance, gold coins and an assortment of items to trade and barter shopkeepers with.

The week had been filled with a blur of activity. Currently Dunewind had sat down at a cafe with Basilisk. She was enjoying a sundae and excitedly describing the dragons passing by, fascinated by their ranging colours and interesting clothing. Dunewind took this moment to get the journal out- afterall it was his week with it. He slid out some charcoal from his pack and attempted to collect his thoughts together so as to write everything necessary down.

We came to a town. I’ve never seen so many dragons gathered in one place before! We were in teams all week so I can’t say what the others did this week but I can talk about Basilisk and my own journey. We went to a bazaar with shops lining the streets. Everyone had something for sale, treats, goodies, even animals! Though I don’t think the critters were for eating, they were alive and well-kept. I traded in some notes I took on Corpse Cleaner’s anatomy and got a headband in return, Bas says it makes me look funny and keeps trying to pull it down over my eyes while laughing. Even after buying treats we still had a lot of spending money left over. So we went around this settlement and looked at their attractions. There wasn’t a lot but we did see a racing contest which was pretty cool. When we all returned to the inn that evening “team 2” wasn’t there. I think they were out watching fireworks. I’m… Feeling strangely defeated being around so many dragons journal. I actually can’t wait to hit the road again, it feels so stuffy being here. I think-

Bas stole the notebook from Dunewind as he was writing it. She had at some point ripped out several pages and had been sketching on them throughout the day. “Let’s glue them in the book.” She stated, her frills indicating she was excited. Although “glue” turned out to be thread and needle stitching it into place. Dunewind didn’t see most of the sketches as his companion wanted to be secretive about them. He didn't understand why but he found it cute all the same.

In the journal is many drawings stitched to the pages. Some of familiars being lead and others of crowds of dragons moving along. You notice one picture where a somewhat agitated Ashmane being bothered by Hippogriff. In the back is Manticore trying to take a nap. This looks like a picture from the first day they arrived in the city. Neat.

EyZh5Wwl.jpg

DROPS

Dune - 18
Ash - 16
Bask- 7

LOG

12 - Dunewind 1 Something good happens! 1. New apparel! Go to the AH and buy something, keep it between 5-10kt cost wise. Peacekeeping headband bought, gave it to Dune since he’s the author.
13 - Basilisk 11: A settlement or town of some kind!

Hope you all don’t mind me combining weeks 12 and 13 together. I thought it was cute they found a town right after I was gonna do a merchant prompt. Here we have Dune and Bas taking a shopping trip! Dune gets some apparel and Ash gets a new gene this week.

48627648.png?mtime=XI5wMQAAMq4.png

Also how to do you all feel about the intro-thing to the entries this week? I was debating whether to post the entry including them or not.

2XruB4R.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2519702][img]https://i.imgur.com/w3J9Wuq.png[/img][/url] [size=2][b]Year:[/b] 1 | [b]Week:[/b] 14 [b]Location:[/b] Plague Flight | [b]Party:[/b] Mirror Pack[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/499308/49930710.png?mtime=XIfLqgAAM40.png[/img][/center] [size=3][emoji=paintbrush][emoji=scroll 2] [b]ENTRY 14[/b] -----[/size] [size=2][i]The pages are.. cringled. It seems they got wet, but not with [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2644037/4#post_38098253]tar[/url]/drool this time. The notes are hard to read since the author is Hippogriff and his handwriting is… not the best. You see some interesting maps and what seem to be Basilisk-drawn sketches for blueprints. You assume that Bas probably drew what Hippo wanted from her. It’s an invention of some kind. You have no idea about it’s purpose but it involves having a light-mechanic and some sort of noise mechanism. It’s shaped like a collar. Maybe it’s a tracking device? The very Hippo-drawn maps indicate various zones over the week. It seems they’ve come to a large maze-like area. Various “SAFE, DANGER, X”s are scribbled on certain parts. You think maybe they were tracking a path with minimal risk. There’s an ominous spot labelled “missing” next to what you think is a bird’s eye view of a pool or small lake. Here you assume the journal was handed off to several dragons, as different handwriting around this “missing” area is evident. It seems someone circled the area several times in red ink and others made detailed notes on the wildlife and weather conditions. Manticore’s distinct writing says “STAY AWAY” and there’s splotches of blood making you think he was injured somehow. The entry concludes with Hippogriff mentioning how cloudy it is.[/i] [/size] [br] [size=3][b][emoji=treasure chest] DROPS[/b] -----[/size] [size=2] Hippo - 22 Dune - 1 Ash - 1 [s]Chim - 6[/s] Manti - 40 [/size] [size=3][emoji=comment] [b]LOG[/b][/size] ------- [size=2] 14 - Hippogriff 2: Something bad happens! (Flip coins for everyone to see if they become injured) Chimera SAFE, Manticore INJURED, Firemane INJURED, Ashmane INJURED, Dunewind SAFE, Basilisk SAFE, Hippogriff SAFE Soooo, Chimera died. She managed to survive the roll but fainted in the coli because a boss arrived with faster quick points than the team. [emoji=coatl sad] I was too eager to get her to level 15 I think, I should have avoided the Thunderhead savanna. If anyone wants to adopt her let me know I’ll be happy to hand her over to good home. otherwise I’ll exalt her on sunday or so. [/size] [size=3][emoji=ping] @huskies709 @Weredogalism @Jaspernoir[/size]
w3J9Wuq.png

Year: 1 | Week: 14

49930710.png?mtime=XIfLqgAAM40.png

ENTRY 14

The pages are.. cringled. It seems they got wet, but not with tar/drool this time. The notes are hard to read since the author is Hippogriff and his handwriting is… not the best. You see some interesting maps and what seem to be Basilisk-drawn sketches for blueprints. You assume that Bas probably drew what Hippo wanted from her. It’s an invention of some kind. You have no idea about it’s purpose but it involves having a light-mechanic and some sort of noise mechanism. It’s shaped like a collar. Maybe it’s a tracking device?

The very Hippo-drawn maps indicate various zones over the week. It seems they’ve come to a large maze-like area. Various “SAFE, DANGER, X”s are scribbled on certain parts. You think maybe they were tracking a path with minimal risk.

There’s an ominous spot labelled “missing” next to what you think is a bird’s eye view of a pool or small lake. Here you assume the journal was handed off to several dragons, as different handwriting around this “missing” area is evident. It seems someone circled the area several times in red ink and others made detailed notes on the wildlife and weather conditions. Manticore’s distinct writing says “STAY AWAY” and there’s splotches of blood making you think he was injured somehow. The entry concludes with Hippogriff mentioning how cloudy it is.

DROPS

Hippo - 22

Dune - 1
Ash - 1
Chim - 6
Manti - 40

LOG

14 - Hippogriff 2: Something bad happens! (Flip coins for everyone to see if they become injured)
Chimera SAFE, Manticore INJURED, Firemane INJURED, Ashmane INJURED, Dunewind SAFE, Basilisk SAFE, Hippogriff SAFE

Soooo, Chimera died. She managed to survive the roll but fainted in the coli because a boss arrived with faster quick points than the team. I was too eager to get her to level 15 I think, I should have avoided the Thunderhead savanna. If anyone wants to adopt her let me know I’ll be happy to hand her over to good home. otherwise I’ll exalt her on sunday or so.

2XruB4R.png
Nooooo D:
RIP Chimera
Nooooo D:
RIP Chimera
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9