Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Just Go | COMPLETED Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 88 89
[b][i]Day Fifteen:[/i][/b] [center][item=Empty Inkwell] Art!!! [img]https://i.imgur.com/CXBRXMA.png[/img] Now Baines gets a portrait~. Yay! You know, Mirrors used to be one of the easiest dragons for me to draw. I don't know why, but this was difficult despite how excited I was to draw him (his unfortunate colors aside). Maybe I've just been super low on energy lately, idk. @Weredogalism
Day Fifteen:
Empty Inkwell
Art!!!
CXBRXMA.png
Now Baines gets a portrait~. Yay!
You know, Mirrors used to be one of the easiest dragons for me to draw. I don't know why, but this was difficult despite how excited I was to draw him (his unfortunate colors aside). Maybe I've just been super low on energy lately, idk.
@Weredogalism
Can i be pinged too?? This is great :D I also really love your combined pinkerlocke rules. I would love to do one just for the story of it!
Can i be pinged too?? This is great :D I also really love your combined pinkerlocke rules. I would love to do one just for the story of it!
grRJOR8.png AdNAlvs.gif
Adopts
uh5MgPj.gif
Hatchery
@Riff Added you to the pinglist! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far~.
I would say go for it. What I enjoy about these challenges is that you're totally free to customize the rules to your play style; it's meant to motivate you creatively, after all!
@Riff Added you to the pinglist! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far~.
I would say go for it. What I enjoy about these challenges is that you're totally free to customize the rules to your play style; it's meant to motivate you creatively, after all!
Ahhh I think I will, I’ve been looking for a way to expand my lore and this sounds so fun and organic. Looking forward to following these adventures too!!
Ahhh I think I will, I’ve been looking for a way to expand my lore and this sounds so fun and organic. Looking forward to following these adventures too!!
grRJOR8.png AdNAlvs.gif
Adopts
uh5MgPj.gif
Hatchery
[b][i]Day Sixteen:[/i][/b] [center][item=Stag Figurine] [url=https://i.imgur.com/HUwr1k3.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/XpmTVyY.png[/img][/url] [i]Phew.[/i] It's been a long time since I've just put my nose to the grindstone and turned out a piece like this. Oh my gosh, I'm so tired... I've actually had this picture in my head for a while. Wanted this to be my banner, and I guess Pinkerton really wanted me to finish it! I had already sketched it out previously, I had just been procrastinating finishing it. Perhaps not by Best Most Amazing Masterpiece Ever™, but I'm actually rather happy with it, despite all the mistakes I didn't bother to fix. Anyway. Enjoy! [b]Click the image for a larger view![/b] ----- @Weredogalism @Riff
Day Sixteen:
Stag Figurine
XpmTVyY.png
Phew.
It's been a long time since I've just put my nose to the grindstone and turned out a piece like this. Oh my gosh, I'm so tired...

I've actually had this picture in my head for a while. Wanted this to be my banner, and I guess Pinkerton really wanted me to finish it! I had already sketched it out previously, I had just been procrastinating finishing it. Perhaps not by Best Most Amazing Masterpiece Ever™, but I'm actually rather happy with it, despite all the mistakes I didn't bother to fix.

Anyway. Enjoy!
Click the image for a larger view!
@Weredogalism @Riff
[emoji=guardian love] It's lovely! Your lineart is so clean and their personalities are well captured. I love Blithe, he's so excited.
It's lovely!
Your lineart is so clean and their personalities are well captured.

I love Blithe, he's so excited.
GD7On40.png
[b][i]Day Seventeen:[/i][/b] [center][item=berserker] [i]-panicked noises-[/i] [size=2]No whammy no whammy no whammy-[/size] [b]Coin Toss: Tails![/b] [i]Oh thank heaven.[/i] I was so scared, because they would have to be in the Scorched Forest and just, I don't know if I can keep them all alive ten battles in a row in there right now. And I am NOT ready to let any of them go yet... [size=2](then again, I doubt I'd ever be, I'm so attached already, send help)[/size] I think I might go a few rounds in the coli anyway, just not as a death streak, no thank you. And because my insomnia's been super bad lately, have a bonus thing because I think I'm hilarious. [img]https://i.imgur.com/1HT5yu3.jpg[/img] This is literally how I imagine their relationship. I regret nothing. [size=2]In case you don't know, the original comic is called [u]Pixie and Brutus[/u] by Ben Hed. Lovely, wholesome comics.[/size] ----- @Riff @Weredogalism Thank you! I used to do lined work all the time, but considering how long it takes and how tedious it is, I haven't done a whole lot recently... Still the hardest part of the process, in my opinion. And Blithe is so excited, lol.
Day Seventeen:
Berserker
-panicked noises-
No whammy no whammy no whammy-
Coin Toss: Tails!
Oh thank heaven. I was so scared, because they would have to be in the Scorched Forest and just, I don't know if I can keep them all alive ten battles in a row in there right now. And I am NOT ready to let any of them go yet... (then again, I doubt I'd ever be, I'm so attached already, send help)
I think I might go a few rounds in the coli anyway, just not as a death streak, no thank you.

And because my insomnia's been super bad lately, have a bonus thing because I think I'm hilarious.
1HT5yu3.jpg
This is literally how I imagine their relationship.
I regret nothing.
In case you don't know, the original comic is called Pixie and Brutus by Ben Hed. Lovely, wholesome comics.
@Riff
@Weredogalism Thank you! I used to do lined work all the time, but considering how long it takes and how tedious it is, I haven't done a whole lot recently... Still the hardest part of the process, in my opinion. And Blithe is so excited, lol.
I'm imaging the pasted in text being read by a text to speech and it makes the comic even funnier.
"My name's -short pause- Cap-ree-shus -short pause- What's your name?"
When I get home I'll make you a terrible gift.

I've never had the patience to make my lines precise. Especially since on the occasions I have taken the time, it always feels like my lines come out stiff and lifeless in comparison to the sketches they are based upon. Maybe I'll learn to line properly with practice, or just keep coloring over it as I do now.

You got lucky with that coin flip. The centaurs can be brutal in the forest. Here's hoping Pink plays nice and gives us both food for a while. I miss the coliseum, so many mats whyyy
I'm imaging the pasted in text being read by a text to speech and it makes the comic even funnier.
"My name's -short pause- Cap-ree-shus -short pause- What's your name?"
When I get home I'll make you a terrible gift.

I've never had the patience to make my lines precise. Especially since on the occasions I have taken the time, it always feels like my lines come out stiff and lifeless in comparison to the sketches they are based upon. Maybe I'll learn to line properly with practice, or just keep coloring over it as I do now.

You got lucky with that coin flip. The centaurs can be brutal in the forest. Here's hoping Pink plays nice and gives us both food for a while. I miss the coliseum, so many mats whyyy
GD7On40.png
baines and capricious are perfect uwu and i serious love the day sixteen art!! wow *_*
baines and capricious are perfect uwu and i serious love the day sixteen art!! wow *_*
grRJOR8.png AdNAlvs.gif
Adopts
uh5MgPj.gif
Hatchery
@Weredogalism -snorts- I hadn't thought of that, but you're right, that makes it more hilarious, lol.
Yeah, over time, I started getting the same feeling. Sometimes a lot of personality of the piece is put in the sketch, and then when you make all the lines crisp and precise, it just kinda loses that. I think that's why I've come to prefer sketchier/more painterly approaches to art lately, heh.
Oh I know @_@. Please, please give me food drops, Pink! I never thought I'd ask that, but here I am, I am humbled please spare my dragon children.

@Riff I adore them~. And thank you!
@Weredogalism -snorts- I hadn't thought of that, but you're right, that makes it more hilarious, lol.
Yeah, over time, I started getting the same feeling. Sometimes a lot of personality of the piece is put in the sketch, and then when you make all the lines crisp and precise, it just kinda loses that. I think that's why I've come to prefer sketchier/more painterly approaches to art lately, heh.
Oh I know @_@. Please, please give me food drops, Pink! I never thought I'd ask that, but here I am, I am humbled please spare my dragon children.

@Riff I adore them~. And thank you!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 88 89