Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TC] Cursed Dice Dungeon Crawl - [Ended]
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 57 58
Username: Leucoss Day of the week: Thursday Choice: B Roleplay: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19371563] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/193716/19371563.png[/img] [/url] Oh. Oh, well. To the door then. This time Linden is ready and when he triggers the magic lock and a Dark Bolt shoots out of a hatch, he ducks easily then crawls into the space revealed. He pat, pats the table then applies pressure until it crumbles. That seemed real at least. Linden startles when the bars go down but goes through the door nevertheless. Linden brings over some Pinecones; Shadowbinder, Trickmurk time, in the Tangled Wood - makes sense, right? He places the Pinecones near each die and if the Shadowbinder mosaic now seems to have Pinecone eyes instead, he figures the trickery flight might like that.
Username: Leucoss
Day of the week: Thursday
Choice: B
Roleplay:

19371563.png

Oh. Oh, well. To the door then.

This time Linden is ready and when he triggers the magic lock and a Dark Bolt shoots out of a hatch, he ducks easily then crawls into the space revealed.

He pat, pats the table then applies pressure until it crumbles. That seemed real at least. Linden startles when the bars go down but goes through the door nevertheless.

Linden brings over some Pinecones; Shadowbinder, Trickmurk time, in the Tangled Wood - makes sense, right? He places the Pinecones near each die and if the Shadowbinder mosaic now seems to have Pinecone eyes instead, he figures the trickery flight might like that.
ChnC9aU.gifZ4DhW7f.gift7I6jCj.gifWMCEgD8.png
@katsuokai I'm so sorry! I don't know how you got missed in the list! I must have messed up a code somewhere in my Google sheet. D:
@katsuokai I'm so sorry! I don't know how you got missed in the list! I must have messed up a code somewhere in my Google sheet. D:
BXPyae5.pngNZB3p5y.pngoY137o1.pngk3mMRuO.gifcc017739dd0c59a2fc508a5dbaed0523ee09bd95.png
Username: Delcat Day of the week: Thursday [Slime Laboratory] Choice: A Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46463843] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464639/46463843_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Could have been expected that an alchemist's supplies would lead Moonside to an alchemist's table. Less expected, and more intriguing, that there'd be magic at the heart of it. She feels quite more comfortable with this angle, being both resident and residence at Beachrock Boardwalk, haven for anyone with a deck of cards and an angle, not least because of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=102156&tab=dragon&did=19873110]the proprietor's supply and sundry shop[/url]. Tock likes Moonside well enough to set aside more enchanted stock for when she stops in, and so she has plenty of rings--it's more a question of where her claws have gotten to at the moment. This could take some rearranging... (I just realized that the first time I ever played DnD was when my sister bought a starter kit from the shop Tock's is based around, because this subclan is based around a specific place, and now I'm using one of the parts of the lore I built around those memories to play DnD, and there's some kind of cycle being completed and idk I'm just very happy d;lskf I love this event thank you)
Username: Delcat
Day of the week: Thursday [Slime Laboratory]
Choice: A
Roleplay:

Could have been expected that an alchemist's supplies would lead Moonside to an alchemist's table. Less expected, and more intriguing, that there'd be magic at the heart of it. She feels quite more comfortable with this angle, being both resident and residence at Beachrock Boardwalk, haven for anyone with a deck of cards and an angle, not least because of the proprietor's supply and sundry shop. Tock likes Moonside well enough to set aside more enchanted stock for when she stops in, and so she has plenty of rings--it's more a question of where her claws have gotten to at the moment. This could take some rearranging...

(I just realized that the first time I ever played DnD was when my sister bought a starter kit from the shop Tock's is based around, because this subclan is based around a specific place, and now I'm using one of the parts of the lore I built around those memories to play DnD, and there's some kind of cycle being completed and idk I'm just very happy d;lskf I love this event thank you)
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
Username: StormSerpent
Day of the week: thursday
Choice: c
Username: StormSerpent
Day of the week: thursday
Choice: c
@FeralRookie Don't worry! I was able to find the correct post so I could continue the adventure, so it's no biggie. [emoji=guardian happy] I hope you're able to fix the code of your spreadsheet. [emoji=gear]
@FeralRookie

Don't worry! I was able to find the correct post so I could continue the adventure, so it's no biggie. I hope you're able to fix the code of your spreadsheet.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[quote=DM's Note]I'll get you some more complete lore for how you got here later when I'm at my computer. You were in the attic, saw a cat on the table with something shiny under it and decided to try taking the shiny.[/quote] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/aLwbMKA.png[/img] [size=1][size=1] @MandragoraAutumn [/size][/size] [font=gabriola][size=6]Day 4 - Wednesday[/size] [size=5][Slime Laboratory] [img]https://imgur.com/7X86Af5.png[/img][/center] The cat thinks you are playing, it takes the key and runs through a hole you can't possibly fit through. You try to pick the lock and set off a trap. You manage to avoid it, but now there's a space where a panel opened for the trap. It's just big enough to squeeze into the space You find a single 12 sided die sitting on top of a table. Could it be one of Shadowbinder’s? When you reach toward it, it vanishes. After a moment, you begin to wonder if anything you thought you saw was really there. To your right, bars blocking the path forward suddenly lower and the door on the other side slowly swings open on its own. In the next room, there is a great tile mosaic in the floor of the Shadowbinder. It’s impressive work, but more importantly, there are dice scattered on top of it. Shadowbinder’s dice. The ones she seemed to use to get to this world to begin with. If the spell can be undone, hopefully it should transport you back home for good. Options:[List=a] [*] Those dice could have a potentially dangerous curse. Best to prepare ahead of time. The Glittering Sphinxband is said to ward against some predators. You take out ten, one for each finger, then reach for the dice. [size=2]([i] Quest: Send 10 Glittering Sphinxbands[/i])[/size] [*] There’s powerful magic in those dice. Perhaps if they interact with some magic from the Tangled Wood, the dice might send you back there. Ten Shimmering Pinecones should do. [size=2]([i] Quest: Send 10 Shimmering Pinecones[/i])[/size] [*] The dice are kind of glowing. It’s pretty. You pick up the dice.
DM's Note wrote:
I'll get you some more complete lore for how you got here later when I'm at my computer. You were in the attic, saw a cat on the table with something shiny under it and decided to try taking the shiny.
aLwbMKA.png
@MandragoraAutumn

Day 4 - Wednesday
[Slime Laboratory]
7X86Af5.png

The cat thinks you are playing, it takes the key and runs through a hole you can't possibly fit through. You try to pick the lock and set off a trap. You manage to avoid it, but now there's a space where a panel opened for the trap. It's just big enough to squeeze into the space

You find a single 12 sided die sitting on top of a table. Could it be one of Shadowbinder’s? When you reach toward it, it vanishes. After a moment, you begin to wonder if anything you thought you saw was really there. To your right, bars blocking the path forward suddenly lower and the door on the other side slowly swings open on its own.

In the next room, there is a great tile mosaic in the floor of the Shadowbinder. It’s impressive work, but more importantly, there are dice scattered on top of it. Shadowbinder’s dice. The ones she seemed to use to get to this world to begin with. If the spell can be undone, hopefully it should transport you back home for good.

Options:
  1. Those dice could have a potentially dangerous curse. Best to prepare ahead of time. The Glittering Sphinxband is said to ward against some predators. You take out ten, one for each finger, then reach for the dice. ( Quest: Send 10 Glittering Sphinxbands)
  2. There’s powerful magic in those dice. Perhaps if they interact with some magic from the Tangled Wood, the dice might send you back there. Ten Shimmering Pinecones should do. ( Quest: Send 10 Shimmering Pinecones)
  3. The dice are kind of glowing. It’s pretty. You pick up the dice.
BXPyae5.pngNZB3p5y.pngoY137o1.pngk3mMRuO.gifcc017739dd0c59a2fc508a5dbaed0523ee09bd95.png
Username: LavenderAmethyst
Choice: a
Username: LavenderAmethyst
Choice: a
Username: Haudren
Choice: a (distract with pinecones)
Username: Haudren
Choice: a (distract with pinecones)
Username: wetdog15
Choice: (letter) B
Roleplay: (optional)
Username: wetdog15
Choice: (letter) B
Roleplay: (optional)
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
[b]Username:[/b] Thewarywatcher13 [b]Day of the week:[/b] Thursday [b]Choice:[/b] a. Distract with Pinecones [b]Roleplay:[/b] Xolotl | chaotic neutral | sorcerer or something similar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2414739] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/24148/2414739.png[/img] [/url] It would seem his friendliness paid off- that was a key it had been sitting on, and it fit smoothly into the other door in the room. A single die sat in the middle of the new room. Xolotl approached it suspiciously, lowering his head to the floor to get a good look at it before he picked it up. It looked an awful lot like something the Shadowbinder might own, and had a magic aura about it that would suggest that was the case. Of course, his antennae had been detecting all manner of shadow magic since falling into this strange place, so there was no guarantee that it was coming from this particular die. He glanced up at the enormous wooden door before him. They were probably important- a good indication that he should go there next. He gently put the die in a pocket- hoping it wouldn’t explode on him or something- and stepped up to the doors. Only for them to open without his help. He jumped back, hissing, already drawing on his breath and flaring out his feathers protectively. A golem was a little out of his expertise, but as near as he could guess this was the sort that would stop working if its helmet was removed. It started to reach for him. [i]Oh, no you don’t![/i] Xolotl fell back on the sort of magic he knew best: illusions and distractions.
Username: Thewarywatcher13
Choice: a. Distract with Pinecones
Roleplay:
Xolotl | chaotic neutral | sorcerer or something similar

2414739.png

It would seem his friendliness paid off- that was a key it had been sitting on, and it fit smoothly into the other door in the room.

A single die sat in the middle of the new room. Xolotl approached it suspiciously, lowering his head to the floor to get a good look at it before he picked it up. It looked an awful lot like something the Shadowbinder might own, and had a magic aura about it that would suggest that was the case. Of course, his antennae had been detecting all manner of shadow magic since falling into this strange place, so there was no guarantee that it was coming from this particular die. He glanced up at the enormous wooden door before him. They were probably important- a good indication that he should go there next. He gently put the die in a pocket- hoping it wouldn’t explode on him or something- and stepped up to the doors.

Only for them to open without his help. He jumped back, hissing, already drawing on his breath and flaring out his feathers protectively. A golem was a little out of his expertise, but as near as he could guess this was the sort that would stop working if its helmet was removed. It started to reach for him. Oh, no you don’t! Xolotl fell back on the sort of magic he knew best: illusions and distractions.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 57 58