Quests & Challenges
Quests, Challenges, and Festival games
TOPIC | [TC] Cursed Dice Dungeon Crawl - [Ended]
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 57 58
@grinningfox
I've been pulled in the portal and would like to join please :D
@grinningfox
I've been pulled in the portal and would like to join please :D
NFJCNCS.gif fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png cat
fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png she/her DVynlKm.png
fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png +8 fr time
1992764yihkdx8otd.gif 419060cwszoys9om.gif ZFAfDzf.png ntssBHs.gif
Username: BrookInTheMeadow Day of the week: Monday Choice: B Roleplay: (I probably should have mentioned this yesterday but Honeycrisp is a Neutral Good Ranger. He's known to be a bit snooty on occasion, but otherwise he's usually a good companion. Usually.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41971396] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/419714/41971396_350.png[/img] [/url] Honeycrisp made his way inside, feeling a tingle pass through him so suddenly that he almost dropped his pearl, which was wrapped in his tail. Holding tight and his wings out in case he had to fly up and use his bow and arrow, he surveyed the room. He only relaxed when he saw that the noise was the machine, scratching Slime Laboratory into a bunch of amethysts. He searched the room, only finding the code to be of any use, but having no idea how to decipher it. His only other options were to leave or steal an amethyst. [i]I could just swap it out with my Chalcedony,[/i] he thought. [i]Maybe the Shadowbinder went this way.[/i] Of course, maybe she hadn't he found himself attempting the swap either way.
Username: BrookInTheMeadow
Day of the week: Monday
Choice: B
Roleplay: (I probably should have mentioned this yesterday but Honeycrisp is a Neutral Good Ranger. He's known to be a bit snooty on occasion, but otherwise he's usually a good companion. Usually.)


41971396_350.png


Honeycrisp made his way inside, feeling a tingle pass through him so suddenly that he almost dropped his pearl, which was wrapped in his tail. Holding tight and his wings out in case he had to fly up and use his bow and arrow, he surveyed the room. He only relaxed when he saw that the noise was the machine, scratching Slime Laboratory into a bunch of amethysts.
He searched the room, only finding the code to be of any use, but having no idea how to decipher it. His only other options were to leave or steal an amethyst. I could just swap it out with my Chalcedony, he thought. Maybe the Shadowbinder went this way.
Of course, maybe she hadn't he found himself attempting the swap either way.
qVhWRny.png
@FeralRookie I've been pulled into the portal a bit late! Can I join in, please? :) Loki's a Chaotic Neutral Rogue, with a penchant for illusion spells but equally skilled with his claws. Despite hatching from an Arcane egg, he feels a much stronger connection to the mischief of Shadow. He enjoys nothing more than playing pranks - but woe betide anyone who harms his Clan, because the trickery he unleashes on his enemies is certainly something to fear. Username: Lundlaeva Day of the week: Day 1 Choice: c Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/561/56017_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Hm, curious," Loki murmured as his attempted return was thwarted. Perhaps given time he could figure out a way to amplify it ... but who knew how long that would take? Besides, he was never one to turn down the prospect of an adventure: this one might be unexpected but he planned to make the most of it. A shame he couldn't risk taking some pretty, shiny amethysts to make it worth his while ... but no. These gems might belong to Shadowbinder and he had no intention of getting on the god's bad side thanks to a little ill-advised thievery. He padded closer to the only door and paused, frills twitching, when he heard scratching on the other side. It was faint, but the sound sent a shiver of apprehension down his spine. He didn't much fancy facing some unknown creature by himself without backup from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=100781]Thor[/url] or [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56018]Angrboda[/url]. He wasn't a very large dragon, after all. The staircase on his left was very dark - but darkness was an enemy easily overcome. He grabbed another amethyst to transport him home - however temporarily - and flew down to the Hoard to collect as many candles as he could carry. All too soon, he felt the pull of the portal, tugging him back into the small room. Thankfully, the candles in his claws and stuffed into his belt came with him. A whisper of Breath and the first candle flickered into life, burning a cheerful blue as a plume of purple smoke trailed up into the air. Excitement prickled beneath Loki's scales and he grinned to himself as he started down the stairs ... [right][item=enchanted candle][/right]
@FeralRookie I've been pulled into the portal a bit late! Can I join in, please? :)

Loki's a Chaotic Neutral Rogue, with a penchant for illusion spells but equally skilled with his claws. Despite hatching from an Arcane egg, he feels a much stronger connection to the mischief of Shadow. He enjoys nothing more than playing pranks - but woe betide anyone who harms his Clan, because the trickery he unleashes on his enemies is certainly something to fear.

Username: Lundlaeva
Day of the week: Day 1
Choice: c
Roleplay:

"Hm, curious," Loki murmured as his attempted return was thwarted. Perhaps given time he could figure out a way to amplify it ... but who knew how long that would take? Besides, he was never one to turn down the prospect of an adventure: this one might be unexpected but he planned to make the most of it. A shame he couldn't risk taking some pretty, shiny amethysts to make it worth his while ... but no. These gems might belong to Shadowbinder and he had no intention of getting on the god's bad side thanks to a little ill-advised thievery.

He padded closer to the only door and paused, frills twitching, when he heard scratching on the other side. It was faint, but the sound sent a shiver of apprehension down his spine. He didn't much fancy facing some unknown creature by himself without backup from Thor or Angrboda. He wasn't a very large dragon, after all.

The staircase on his left was very dark - but darkness was an enemy easily overcome. He grabbed another amethyst to transport him home - however temporarily - and flew down to the Hoard to collect as many candles as he could carry.

All too soon, he felt the pull of the portal, tugging him back into the small room. Thankfully, the candles in his claws and stuffed into his belt came with him.

A whisper of Breath and the first candle flickered into life, burning a cheerful blue as a plume of purple smoke trailed up into the air. Excitement prickled beneath Loki's scales and he grinned to himself as he started down the stairs ...
NlfNctV.png
NaNoWriMo
black-crystal-dragon.png
WMCEgD8.png
@FeralRookie

I've been pulled into the portal and would like to search the area ^^
@FeralRookie

I've been pulled into the portal and would like to search the area ^^
Username:Hikaye
Day of the week: Monday
Choice: a
Roleplay: not today :(
Username:Hikaye
Day of the week: Monday
Choice: a
Roleplay: not today :(
3EopvJR.png 2880ef8.jpg 2cwXb8G.png
Username: Stanzascale Day of the week: Monday Choice: A Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812948][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/8130/812948p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=812950][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/8130/812950p.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zm9cim6xw0oxgcb/shadowmidsmall2.png[/img][/center] “Brother?!” “Your sources were right: the Woods are really wild and weird lately.” Eada sighed. “So you ran into whatever it is that's been stirring things up...” Kellmite shrugged. “It's something no one can see, and the trouble with invisible things is that there's no way of knowing if there's a second one pretending to be the first. What about you?” “The Mistress of Mystery opened a portal...and I was taken here.” “Wow! Is she around here somewhere? We should look!” The platinum Skydancer had looked pretty shaken when the siblings had reunited. Now that he was with his sister and had a quest to search away from whatever the source of the din had been, Kellmite was perking up. Eada smiled, relieved. “Stick together and we're sure to succeed.” While walking the corridor, the siblings familiarised themselves with the function and limitations of the amethyst Eada was carrying. It seemed that anything that could be carried could be brought back (or dropped off). After they finished replacing the things they'd tested it out with, they came to a peculiarly marked door that caught their attention. Kellmite screwed up his face in concentration and Eada wondered outloud. “Didn't we hear about some commonly used codes?” “Mm, I think this one shows up a lot around Trickmurk...Hang on, lemme try something.” The clan had been no stranger to puzzles, and even in the current state of division, there were still opportunities to solve new puzzles. Kellmite borrowed the amethyst to search for something back home.
Username: Stanzascale
Day of the week: Monday
Choice: A
Roleplay:
812948p.png812950p.png
shadowmidsmall2.png

“Brother?!”
“Your sources were right: the Woods are really wild and weird lately.”
Eada sighed. “So you ran into whatever it is that's been stirring things up...”
Kellmite shrugged. “It's something no one can see, and the trouble with invisible things is that there's no way of knowing if there's a second one pretending to be the first. What about you?”
“The Mistress of Mystery opened a portal...and I was taken here.”
“Wow! Is she around here somewhere? We should look!” The platinum Skydancer had looked pretty shaken when the siblings had reunited. Now that he was with his sister and had a quest to search away from whatever the source of the din had been, Kellmite was perking up.
Eada smiled, relieved. “Stick together and we're sure to succeed.”

While walking the corridor, the siblings familiarised themselves with the function and limitations of the amethyst Eada was carrying. It seemed that anything that could be carried could be brought back (or dropped off). After they finished replacing the things they'd tested it out with, they came to a peculiarly marked door that caught their attention.
Kellmite screwed up his face in concentration and Eada wondered outloud.
“Didn't we hear about some commonly used codes?”
“Mm, I think this one shows up a lot around Trickmurk...Hang on, lemme try something.”
The clan had been no stranger to puzzles, and even in the current state of division, there were still opportunities to solve new puzzles. Kellmite borrowed the amethyst to search for something back home.
zWpJnN2.png merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngjyh70pC.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png 'Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin.' ~Twilight Princess 2uXjxgw.png
@GrinningFox I added @brighteningskies and @cheshly to the quest since I was adding the others who pinged me.
@GrinningFox I added @brighteningskies and @cheshly to the quest since I was adding the others who pinged me.
oY137o1.png5M9CHlS.gifutH1Vdr.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/aLwbMKA.png[/img] [size=1][size=1] @lundlaeva @idha[/size][/size] [font=gabriola][size=6]Day 2 - Monday[/size] [size=5][Slime Dungeon] [img]https://i.imgur.com/v7ehe9g.png[/img][/center] As you reach the last stair you hear the click of your claw against something hard. You see the flash of purple from the escaped amethyst right before you're transported away with a *poof.* You land in a graceless tangle of limbs and wings in a seemingly endless corridor with both sides lined with dozens of doors. (You also notice that the stairs are behind you and wonder at the absurdity of being transported such a tiny distance...) Idly, you try the nearless door - *click*, closed. To one side, the corridors slopes ever so slightly down; important items and treasures are usually kept deeper, so you choose to follow down, perhaps you'll find something. After a brisk walk, your candle illuminates something different: a door has "rgvpxhG" graffitied into it. Options: [LIST=a] [*] Perhaps the phrase means something and you could use the information to open the door? [size=2]([i]Quest: The code leads to a picture on a popular image-hosting site. Find the image and fill the request.[/i])[/size] [*] Ignore the door and go further.
aLwbMKA.png
@lundlaeva @idha

Day 2 - Monday
[Slime Dungeon]
v7ehe9g.png

As you reach the last stair you hear the click of your claw against something hard. You see the flash of purple from the escaped amethyst right before you're transported away with a *poof.*

You land in a graceless tangle of limbs and wings in a seemingly endless corridor with both sides lined with dozens of doors. (You also notice that the stairs are behind you and wonder at the absurdity of being transported such a tiny distance...) Idly, you try the nearless door - *click*, closed. To one side, the corridors slopes ever so slightly down; important items and treasures are usually kept deeper, so you choose to follow down, perhaps you'll find something.

After a brisk walk, your candle illuminates something different: a door has "rgvpxhG" graffitied into it.

Options:
  1. Perhaps the phrase means something and you could use the information to open the door? (Quest: The code leads to a picture on a popular image-hosting site. Find the image and fill the request.)
  2. Ignore the door and go further.
oY137o1.png5M9CHlS.gifutH1Vdr.png
Username: Zamirathe Day of the week: Monday Choice: a Roleplay: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8925238] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89253/8925238_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Idalyn stops for a moment at the sight of the uneven floor, deciding to take her time getting down the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom, all the doors surprise her. A try on the closest one confirms her suspicions, locked. [i]Hmm, this is an odd place.[/i] She thinks and continues downward, looking at each door as she passes. Then something catches her eye, the letters across one door. It looks draconian in nature to her, not something one of the beastclans might have left here. "Shadowbinder?" She says aloud, not realizing she actually spoke aloud. A reach out to touch the letters, stops, then decides to risk it and runs her finger across it. Nothing happens, at least not now. Her fingers do pull back some type of glitter though, and she look at it carefully, rubbing her finger against her other talon to spread it out. [i]This looks like...[/i] She pulls her backback off her shoulder and rummages through it. "Aha!" She pulls out a glittering pinecone and runs her fingers across it. The same type of glitter comes off. "Maybe it is a clue." She takes the one pinecone and presses it against the door, nothing happens. [i]Hmm. This isn't legible to me but maybe...[/i] She counts the letters and counts 6 letters, she pulls out 6 pinecones. Unfortunately, as she is trying to press the cones to the clue on the door one of them falls to the ground, to which she issues a string of curses in Marenish. She leans down to pick up the stray cone.
Username: Zamirathe
Day of the week: Monday
Choice: a
Roleplay:

Idalyn stops for a moment at the sight of the uneven floor, deciding to take her time getting down the stairs. Upon reaching the bottom, all the doors surprise her. A try on the closest one confirms her suspicions, locked. Hmm, this is an odd place. She thinks and continues downward, looking at each door as she passes.

Then something catches her eye, the letters across one door. It looks draconian in nature to her, not something one of the beastclans might have left here. "Shadowbinder?" She says aloud, not realizing she actually spoke aloud. A reach out to touch the letters, stops, then decides to risk it and runs her finger across it. Nothing happens, at least not now.

Her fingers do pull back some type of glitter though, and she look at it carefully, rubbing her finger against her other talon to spread it out. This looks like... She pulls her backback off her shoulder and rummages through it. "Aha!" She pulls out a glittering pinecone and runs her fingers across it. The same type of glitter comes off. "Maybe it is a clue." She takes the one pinecone and presses it against the door, nothing happens. Hmm. This isn't legible to me but maybe... She counts the letters and counts 6 letters, she pulls out 6 pinecones. Unfortunately, as she is trying to press the cones to the clue on the door one of them falls to the ground, to which she issues a string of curses in Marenish. She leans down to pick up the stray cone.
kQXO8qG.gif 6qRiT6A.pngLN63BIW.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/aLwbMKA.png[/img] [size=1][size=1]@sidegrinder[/size][/size] [font=gabriola][size=6]Day 2 - Monday[/size] [size=5][Attic] [img]https://i.imgur.com/VodiqjJ.png[/img][/center] It's good that you shielded yourself before opening the door - as you grasp the handle, there's a faint tingle and you are blasted backwards with an extraordinary force. As you're getting your wits about you and getting to your feet there's a bright purple flash. You land hard in a dusty room. *sneeze* By the depth of the dust on the floor, no one has walked here for years. As you cannot see any other exit, going deeper along the room seems to be the only way. Options: [LIST=a] [*] You can just walk there as the low ceiling prevents flying. [*] Or you can pop back to your lair with the portal amethyst for a batch of Unicorn Dust to gently float along. You're quite sore from being thrown about by invisible forces.
aLwbMKA.png
@sidegrinder

Day 2 - Monday
[Attic]
VodiqjJ.png

It's good that you shielded yourself before opening the door - as you grasp the handle, there's a faint tingle and you are blasted backwards with an extraordinary force. As you're getting your wits about you and getting to your feet there's a bright purple flash.

You land hard in a dusty room. *sneeze* By the depth of the dust on the floor, no one has walked here for years. As you cannot see any other exit, going deeper along the room seems to be the only way.

Options:
  1. You can just walk there as the low ceiling prevents flying.
  2. Or you can pop back to your lair with the portal amethyst for a batch of Unicorn Dust to gently float along. You're quite sore from being thrown about by invisible forces.
oY137o1.png5M9CHlS.gifutH1Vdr.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 57 58