Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beware the Beast [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5
@sabariel
Oh that was fast!
I went back and changed a bit because I wasn't quite satisifed with the previous version.

I knowww but I wanna write as much as Pink makes me because it's good practice. I'm mostly stressed because I'm worried I'll wanna quit under the pressure. I did a nuzlocke before this and got kind of stalled/mad at a badly implemented idea and quit to workshop the idea for a future retry but this off the cuff looser writing method seems to suit this better.

She might honestly. They'll need to go back to get the rest of their stuff sometime.
I have no idea how big Ridges can be, but she's 3 times as large as her parents and I stupidly neglected to screencap her size before I scrolled her. My big baby girl I'm weep.
@sabariel
Oh that was fast!
I went back and changed a bit because I wasn't quite satisifed with the previous version.

I knowww but I wanna write as much as Pink makes me because it's good practice. I'm mostly stressed because I'm worried I'll wanna quit under the pressure. I did a nuzlocke before this and got kind of stalled/mad at a badly implemented idea and quit to workshop the idea for a future retry but this off the cuff looser writing method seems to suit this better.

She might honestly. They'll need to go back to get the rest of their stuff sometime.
I have no idea how big Ridges can be, but she's 3 times as large as her parents and I stupidly neglected to screencap her size before I scrolled her. My big baby girl I'm weep.
GD7On40.png
[b]Days 26-28:[/b] They sat together around the fire, preparing breakfast and planning their day. "Where's this cave Ara?" Farrha asked around a mouth of food. "Behind the waterfall. It's too dark to see in, but it sounded large." Farrha replied. "Take a firestarter and wood and make a fire to see with, Zudal and I'll go back home to get the rest of our stuff." Layem added, "It'll at least fit us for a day or two in case it rains." Their meal finished, they split up. Layem and Zudal headed downstream, and Farrha and Aramisa upstream. Gathering all their remaining wood and putting out the fire, Farrha followed Aramisa to the base of the waterfall. The tundra poured her magic into the waterfall, splitting the curtain apart, revealing the open mouth of a hidden cave. Farrha passed under the waterfall as Aramisa held the water aside and tossed the firewood into a pile at her feet. Standing in a small circle of remaining daylight, she scraped a spark from a handful of dry tinder, then lit a fire. With her every breath the flame burned hotter and brighter, illuminating the cave walls around her. The roof of the cave towered above her, easily double Zudal's height, and the cave floor sloped away from them into the dark. "This will definitely do for now at least." Farrha said. Piling the wood she hadn't burned against a far wall she flew as far as the light touched stretching out her magic. She couldn't feel any living things besides her and her daughter. They'd need more fire to see farther in, but the cave was empty so far as she could see. They returned to the now cool fire pit to wait. The pair spied Zudal's bright blue hide peaking out of the vegetation. Her sides were laden with cloth and rope, clearly containing a good number of their things from the old house. Zudal and Layem followed them to the cave, and Aramisa held the water aside again for them as well. 'We'll need to find some way to block the water without Aramisa's magic, if there's no other way out.' Layem pondered. The cave easily fit them all, circled around the fire. Farrha and Layem untied the bundles tied to Zudal's sides and back. Carefully placing their clay pots, gathered fire wood, and other supplies along the cave wall. Once they'd rested a bit by the fire, Zudal stretched and stood. "I'm going to look for the end of it then. Don't want to get too settled if we're not gonna stay." "I'll go with you. To sense if there's anyone else near." Farrha added. Flying from her seat by the fire, she looped around her neck, perching on her shoulder. Using her shadowsight, Zudal followed the cave wall as it sloped downward. The rush of running water dulled to a rumble as she kept walking. Stalactites and stalagmites abounded Some small holes hung high on the walls but nothing terribly interesting. They'd need to smoke those out later, lest there be wild animals, but it could wait. Finally the cave ended in a rounded depression. It smelled of water, Zudal could just make out the gleam of a still pool. An occasional drip sounded somewhere in the dark, but nothing else. Squinting in the dark, Zudal swore she could make out a shape in the dark, motionless against the far wall, half submerged in the water. "Anything?" Farrha asked, swiveling from side to side, sightless in the dark. "Looks like this is it. Sounds like there's a leak, and there's water here and something here in the water. Dunno if I wanna risk disturbing the dead. There were some smaller tunnels up on the walls, but we'll have to come back and clear those out with torches." Farrha cast her magic out, Zudal's heartbeat and magic beneath and beside her loomed large, but beyond her was nothing, empty of life. "Sounds like a good idea. Once we've placed torches we can be sure. Lets go back." The pair returned to Aramisa turning some fish, strangler pods, and centipedes in the fire. They joined her to eat then slept curved around the dying fire, the heat luring them to sleep. Zudal arced loosely around her smaller clanmates. Aramisa tucked her head under her wing, and Layem and Farrha together. Zudal woke stiff, exposed rock made a terrible mattress. The background noise of splashing water suddenly dimmed as daylight poured farther into the cave, and her sleepy eyes. The ridgeback hissed, folding her wing over her head. Aramisa laughed from the cave's mouth. Her father plodded slowly passed her, looking encumbered. "What's all this about?" She asked, still shielding her eyes. Layem hummed nervously, Farrha 'uhhhmed' a bit, and Aramisa laughed. "Auntie, Auntie its so great!"cheered the tundra, she bounced in her father's wake. Letting the water fall in her haste. Zudal unfolded, curiosity beating her desire for more sleep. The shuffling she'd heard turned out to be Layem hastily constructing a mound of branches and leaves, and Farrha [i]walking[/i] awkwardly over to him. Her long body looped around itself in the middle. The ridgeback rolled to her feet, then walked over to them. In the dim early morning light, it was hard to see, but once Farrha untwisted from the bundle of leaves,3 eggs laid in the center of the hastily constructed nest. The eggs were like none she'd ever seen. Their shells were thick with bark and the tops sprouted new green leaves. Zudal smirked, tilting her great head from the eggs to the happy couple, "Eager to break the new place in huh?" Farrha spat water in shock then threw the waterskin at her in reply. --------------------------------------------------------- The Beast was surrounded on all but one side. Standing on a fallen log, the ground beneath him surged with giant centipedes. Above him, littering the air, were a herd of death heads, his puppet was stationed ahead him. The Beast gathered his breath, taking a defensive position. At his direction, the blue dragon cast a ball of a bright light above them. The centipedes, wary of light, surged apart as the globe lowered closer to the ground. The Beast directed his pawn to walk, hovering the globe in front of him in a straight line. A Death's head to his left dive bombed on him, aiming it's antlers at his eyes. Turning to the nuisance, he swatted it aside, splattering it's blood on the mud and murk. It's herd took offense, diving on him en masse. The Beast snarled, slashing and clawing at the antlers, hooves, and wings of his attackers. Taq snapped to wakefulness suddenly from a thick haze. His spell faltered and the light blew out. Every inch of his body ached. How long had he been asleep? Where was he? Where was Stoneshaper? Behind him he heard a fight, and turning saw a large Bogsneak being attacked by a herd of Death's Head. Taq turned heel and ran, full tilt away from the mob. The trees above him were densely packed and the canopy blocked out most sunlight. He stumbled every other step, on a root or his own sluggish limbs. He was in no shape for running, let alone escaping a well fed dragon nearly his size in it's home territory, but he had to try. Too soon, he felt the pull of it's magic again, tugging at his legs and tail. Banking right, behind a great trunk and continuing straight from there, he kept running even as every inch of his body begged him to stop. If that thing wanted to catch him again, he was going to put up a fight. [item="Leather Wing Wraps"] [item="Shadowmist Oysters"] [item="Twitching Leg Bones"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------- @Sabariel Farrha and Layem are finally biological parents! They have 3 eggs! (In real time the nest is ready to hatch but I'm gonna wait until tomorrow anyways.) Prey rolled Aramisa, Layem, Zudal Both Aramisa and Zudal are level 6, so I'm coward and stuck to the Woods. Found 2 Leafy Packs & a Strangler. Decided not to add it to the story. Layem leveled up, he's now level 8. Zudal did as well and is now Level 7. Don't think I'll head to the Scorched Forest just yet. I ran from every fight that wasn't centipedes and death's heads with the Beast Party because I wanted to give Taq a chance. He miraculously made it to Level 3 and I gave him Aid as a prize. It served him well in keeping him alive under stray contuses and bright bolts. The Beast fell to a combo of a Bright bolts and Death's Head Contuses all in a succession on battle #5. So Taq still lives for now. I'm so proud ;U;
Days 26-28:
They sat together around the fire, preparing breakfast and planning their day.
"Where's this cave Ara?" Farrha asked around a mouth of food.
"Behind the waterfall. It's too dark to see in, but it sounded large." Farrha replied.
"Take a firestarter and wood and make a fire to see with, Zudal and I'll go back home to get the rest of our stuff." Layem added, "It'll at least fit us for a day or two in case it rains."

Their meal finished, they split up. Layem and Zudal headed downstream, and Farrha and Aramisa upstream.

Gathering all their remaining wood and putting out the fire, Farrha followed Aramisa to the base of the waterfall. The tundra poured her magic into the waterfall, splitting the curtain apart, revealing the open mouth of a hidden cave.

Farrha passed under the waterfall as Aramisa held the water aside and tossed the firewood into a pile at her feet. Standing in a small circle of remaining daylight, she scraped a spark from a handful of dry tinder, then lit a fire. With her every breath the flame burned hotter and brighter, illuminating the cave walls around her.

The roof of the cave towered above her, easily double Zudal's height, and the cave floor sloped away from them into the dark.

"This will definitely do for now at least." Farrha said. Piling the wood she hadn't burned against a far wall she flew as far as the light touched stretching out her magic. She couldn't feel any living things besides her and her daughter. They'd need more fire to see farther in, but the cave was empty so far as she could see.

They returned to the now cool fire pit to wait. The pair spied Zudal's bright blue hide peaking out of the vegetation. Her sides were laden with cloth and rope, clearly containing a good number of their things from the old house.

Zudal and Layem followed them to the cave, and Aramisa held the water aside again for them as well.

'We'll need to find some way to block the water without Aramisa's magic, if there's no other way out.' Layem pondered.

The cave easily fit them all, circled around the fire. Farrha and Layem untied the bundles tied to Zudal's sides and back. Carefully placing their clay pots, gathered fire wood, and other supplies along the cave wall.

Once they'd rested a bit by the fire, Zudal stretched and stood.

"I'm going to look for the end of it then. Don't want to get too settled if we're not gonna stay."

"I'll go with you. To sense if there's anyone else near." Farrha added. Flying from her seat by the fire, she looped around her neck, perching on her shoulder.

Using her shadowsight, Zudal followed the cave wall as it sloped downward. The rush of running water dulled to a rumble as she kept walking. Stalactites and stalagmites abounded Some small holes hung high on the walls but nothing terribly interesting. They'd need to smoke those out later, lest there be wild animals, but it could wait. Finally the cave ended in a rounded depression. It smelled of water, Zudal could just make out the gleam of a still pool. An occasional drip sounded somewhere in the dark, but nothing else. Squinting in the dark, Zudal swore she could make out a shape in the dark, motionless against the far wall, half submerged in the water.

"Anything?" Farrha asked, swiveling from side to side, sightless in the dark.

"Looks like this is it. Sounds like there's a leak, and there's water here and something here in the water. Dunno if I wanna risk disturbing the dead. There were some smaller tunnels up on the walls, but we'll have to come back and clear those out with torches."

Farrha cast her magic out, Zudal's heartbeat and magic beneath and beside her loomed large, but beyond her was nothing, empty of life.

"Sounds like a good idea. Once we've placed torches we can be sure. Lets go back."

The pair returned to Aramisa turning some fish, strangler pods, and centipedes in the fire. They joined her to eat then slept curved around the dying fire, the heat luring them to sleep. Zudal arced loosely around her smaller clanmates. Aramisa tucked her head under her wing, and Layem and Farrha together.

Zudal woke stiff, exposed rock made a terrible mattress. The background noise of splashing water suddenly dimmed as daylight poured farther into the cave, and her sleepy eyes.

The ridgeback hissed, folding her wing over her head.

Aramisa laughed from the cave's mouth. Her father plodded slowly passed her, looking encumbered.

"What's all this about?" She asked, still shielding her eyes.
Layem hummed nervously, Farrha 'uhhhmed' a bit, and Aramisa laughed.

"Auntie, Auntie its so great!"cheered the tundra, she bounced in her father's wake. Letting the water fall in her haste.

Zudal unfolded, curiosity beating her desire for more sleep. The shuffling she'd heard turned out to be Layem hastily constructing a mound of branches and leaves, and Farrha walking awkwardly over to him. Her long body looped around itself in the middle. The ridgeback rolled to her feet, then walked over to them.

In the dim early morning light, it was hard to see, but once Farrha untwisted from the bundle of leaves,3 eggs laid in the center of the hastily constructed nest. The eggs were like none she'd ever seen. Their shells were thick with bark and the tops sprouted new green leaves.

Zudal smirked, tilting her great head from the eggs to the happy couple, "Eager to break the new place in huh?"

Farrha spat water in shock then threw the waterskin at her in reply.
The Beast was surrounded on all but one side. Standing on a fallen log, the ground beneath him surged with giant centipedes. Above him, littering the air, were a herd of death heads, his puppet was stationed ahead him.

The Beast gathered his breath, taking a defensive position. At his direction, the blue dragon cast a ball of a bright light above them. The centipedes, wary of light, surged apart as the globe lowered closer to the ground. The Beast directed his pawn to walk, hovering the globe in front of him in a straight line.

A Death's head to his left dive bombed on him, aiming it's antlers at his eyes. Turning to the nuisance, he swatted it aside, splattering it's blood on the mud and murk. It's herd took offense, diving on him en masse. The Beast snarled, slashing and clawing at the antlers, hooves, and wings of his attackers.

Taq snapped to wakefulness suddenly from a thick haze. His spell faltered and the light blew out. Every inch of his body ached. How long had he been asleep? Where was he? Where was Stoneshaper? Behind him he heard a fight, and turning saw a large Bogsneak being attacked by a herd of Death's Head. Taq turned heel and ran, full tilt away from the mob.

The trees above him were densely packed and the canopy blocked out most sunlight. He stumbled every other step, on a root or his own sluggish limbs. He was in no shape for running, let alone escaping a well fed dragon nearly his size in it's home territory, but he had to try. Too soon, he felt the pull of it's magic again, tugging at his legs and tail. Banking right, behind a great trunk and continuing straight from there, he kept running even as every inch of his body begged him to stop.

If that thing wanted to catch him again, he was going to put up a fight.

Leather Wing Wraps Shadowmist Oysters Twitching Leg Bones
@Sabariel
Farrha and Layem are finally biological parents! They have 3 eggs! (In real time the nest is ready to hatch but I'm gonna wait until tomorrow anyways.)

Prey rolled Aramisa, Layem, Zudal
Both Aramisa and Zudal are level 6, so I'm coward and stuck to the Woods.
Found 2 Leafy Packs & a Strangler. Decided not to add it to the story.
Layem leveled up, he's now level 8. Zudal did as well and is now Level 7. Don't think I'll head to the Scorched Forest just yet.

I ran from every fight that wasn't centipedes and death's heads with the Beast Party because I wanted to give Taq a chance. He miraculously made it to Level 3 and I gave him Aid as a prize. It served him well in keeping him alive under stray contuses and bright bolts. The Beast fell to a combo of a Bright bolts and Death's Head Contuses all in a succession on battle #5. So Taq still lives for now. I'm so proud ;U;
GD7On40.png
Yes, hello, I live on FR.
Whoo! Moving day! And I was wondering if Faarha and Layem were ready to breed yet~.
And don't worry, I'm loathe to set foot in the Scorched Forest myself. That place is scary.
Yaaaay, Taq lives! Still rooting for you buddy, poor guy.
Yes, hello, I live on FR.
Whoo! Moving day! And I was wondering if Faarha and Layem were ready to breed yet~.
And don't worry, I'm loathe to set foot in the Scorched Forest myself. That place is scary.
Yaaaay, Taq lives! Still rooting for you buddy, poor guy.
[b]Day 29:[/b] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/12334fa261bade44512d001333acab4d/tumblr_pomp90izEW1y87bhmo1_1280.png[/img] The hour was upon them. He could feel it. He knew she could too. His wife had began sitting their nest, but as their children neared their arrival she couldn't sit still. Looking up he found her flying in a circle kicking and slashing at the air. "Be careful dear." Layem said, sympathy written on his face. His wife hissed in frustration, spinning faster and flying more erratically. "I know I know! It's just I wish they were here already! I hope they're alright-" She replied before growling in frustration, flicking her tail. Just then Zudal blocked out the midday sun at his back, splashing water on the rock at the opening of their cave. Aramisa was under her spread wings, with a basket in her mouth. "Did we miss it?" asked the Ridgeback as she untied some bundles of wood from her sides. Aramisa hurried from her aunt's shadow to drop her basket of food and return to her father's side to watch. "Not yet, can't be long now." Layem said, carefully taking one of the eggs in his teeth and rotating it a bit. The two on either side were vibrant brown with bright green leaves shooting from the top. Only one looked off. Its bark was a dull brown, and the bark gave a little every time he adjusted it. It's leaves were crumpled and dark. The surging magic that made the eggs made it impossible for either he or his wife to sense the health of the hatchling inside. In the late hours of the night, while the others slept, the young couple often whispered in hushed tones, worrying for it, but not knowing if anything could be done. Was this common? Neither of them had heard of it happening but, then again who spoke of this to hatchlings? One of the eggs bounced and turned over. The one Layem had adjusted. Farrha banked, dropping from the sky to her husband's far side to watch. As it danced it's vibrant sibling joined in, leaving only the dull egg still. Cracks edged along the shells of both dancing eggs and then they suddenly snapped open. Two small spirals tumbled out, thin and long like ribbons. Their wings were the same identical shade of wine red, but one's striped hide was golden yellow and the other a vibrant green. For a moment everything was quiet, and Layem admired their new arrivals with pride as his female clanmates gasped as one. Then his children cried out, squeezing their bright green eyes shut. He laughed. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50288227] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502883/50288227_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50288229] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502883/50288229_350.png[/img] [/url] They were perfect he thought. And if the other didn't hatch it would be a shame, but two out of three wasn't so bad. [item="Otherworldly Collar"] @Sabariel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The babies are here! I'm so sad the middle baby has Algae and he's so lovely. TTmTT Look at that Capsule hhhh RNG is so cruel! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50288228] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502883/50288228_350.png[/img] [/url] Today's an art day but I couldn't just draw, so a pic and a snippet for the first nest of this locke!
Day 29:

tumblr_pomp90izEW1y87bhmo1_1280.png

The hour was upon them. He could feel it. He knew she could too. His wife had began sitting their nest, but as their children neared their arrival she couldn't sit still. Looking up he found her flying in a circle kicking and slashing at the air.

"Be careful dear." Layem said, sympathy written on his face. His wife hissed in frustration, spinning faster and flying more erratically.

"I know I know! It's just I wish they were here already! I hope they're alright-"
She replied before growling in frustration, flicking her tail.

Just then Zudal blocked out the midday sun at his back, splashing water on the rock at the opening of their cave. Aramisa was under her spread wings, with a basket in her mouth.

"Did we miss it?" asked the Ridgeback as she untied some bundles of wood from her sides. Aramisa hurried from her aunt's shadow to drop her basket of food and return to her father's side to watch.

"Not yet, can't be long now." Layem said, carefully taking one of the eggs in his teeth and rotating it a bit. The two on either side were vibrant brown with bright green leaves shooting from the top. Only one looked off. Its bark was a dull brown, and the bark gave a little every time he adjusted it. It's leaves were crumpled and dark. The surging magic that made the eggs made it impossible for either he or his wife to sense the health of the hatchling inside.

In the late hours of the night, while the others slept, the young couple often whispered in hushed tones, worrying for it, but not knowing if anything could be done. Was this common? Neither of them had heard of it happening but, then again who spoke of this to hatchlings?

One of the eggs bounced and turned over. The one Layem had adjusted. Farrha banked, dropping from the sky to her husband's far side to watch. As it danced it's vibrant sibling joined in, leaving only the dull egg still.

Cracks edged along the shells of both dancing eggs and then they suddenly snapped open. Two small spirals tumbled out, thin and long like ribbons. Their wings were the same identical shade of wine red, but one's striped hide was golden yellow and the other a vibrant green. For a moment everything was quiet, and Layem admired their new arrivals with pride as his female clanmates gasped as one.

Then his children cried out, squeezing their bright green eyes shut. He laughed.

50288227_350.png

50288229_350.png

They were perfect he thought. And if the other didn't hatch it would be a shame, but two out of three wasn't so bad.

Otherworldly Collar
@Sabariel
The babies are here! I'm so sad the middle baby has Algae and he's so lovely. TTmTT
Look at that Capsule hhhh RNG is so cruel!

50288228_350.png

Today's an art day but I couldn't just draw, so a pic and a snippet for the first nest of this locke!
GD7On40.png
Whoooo! Spiral babes! Too bad one didn't make it, but at least they have two survivors~.
Nicely done :).
Wish I could word more, but my brain is totally fried today.
Whoooo! Spiral babes! Too bad one didn't make it, but at least they have two survivors~.
Nicely done :).
Wish I could word more, but my brain is totally fried today.
[b]Day 30:[/b] The wilted egg never hatched. They waited until the next day for it, with Layem or Farrha keeping the nest warm, while the other chased after their young terrors. Their healthy hatchlings were strong and fast. They couldn't fly yet, but running and jumping was enough. If they weren't getting into the food stores, or trying to escape, they were wrapping themselves around their clanmates, circling their necks or tails, scrabbling along their backs at mealtimes, and nibbling on their horns. Keeping the nest was a comparatively boring task to hatchling minding. The following morning the pair woke to a duet of hungry spiral screeches and their final egg looking even more worse for wear. Deciding it couldn't be helped, Layem carried the nest out of the cave to a fairly open space and set to digging. Farrha followed but darted over the water instead. Scanning the rocks beneath the current, she picked out smooth stones from the air, then dove into the water to retrieve them before depositing them alongside her mate and returning to the riverside for more rocks. Once the hole was deep enough and Farrha was satisfied with her haul, they dragged the nest and the wilted egg into the hole together and covered it over before choosing rocks one by one to lie over the grave. Thoughts raced through both dragons heads all the while, 'Would this happen again?' 'Was it them or was this just how nests were?' 'Was it always just one?' Neither spoke. Content to be together and to finish this task. Once it was done, they sat together, admiring their work. The grave was a circle. A little wider than the nest inside it. With flat stones covering most of it's surface in a variety of colors from gray to black with the odd red or white. Once it was done Farrha sighed and looped herself around Layem's neck, suddenly exhausted. He walked them back to the waterfall. [item="Serrated Pilco Shell"] ----------------------------------------------------- @sabariel [s]I keep forgetting to ping you and having to repost. Why am I like this.[/s] Shoulda worked on this yesterday but I had class and wasn't feeling it.
Day 30:
The wilted egg never hatched. They waited until the next day for it, with Layem or Farrha keeping the nest warm, while the other chased after their young terrors. Their healthy hatchlings were strong and fast. They couldn't fly yet, but running and jumping was enough. If they weren't getting into the food stores, or trying to escape, they were wrapping themselves around their clanmates, circling their necks or tails, scrabbling along their backs at mealtimes, and nibbling on their horns. Keeping the nest was a comparatively boring task to hatchling minding.

The following morning the pair woke to a duet of hungry spiral screeches and their final egg looking even more worse for wear. Deciding it couldn't be helped, Layem carried the nest out of the cave to a fairly open space and set to digging. Farrha followed but darted over the water instead. Scanning the rocks beneath the current, she picked out smooth stones from the air, then dove into the water to retrieve them before depositing them alongside her mate and returning to the riverside for more rocks.

Once the hole was deep enough and Farrha was satisfied with her haul, they dragged the nest and the wilted egg into the hole together and covered it over before choosing rocks one by one to lie over the grave. Thoughts raced through both dragons heads all the while,

'Would this happen again?'
'Was it them or was this just how nests were?'
'Was it always just one?'

Neither spoke. Content to be together and to finish this task. Once it was done, they sat together, admiring their work.

The grave was a circle. A little wider than the nest inside it. With flat stones covering most of it's surface in a variety of colors from gray to black with the odd red or white. Once it was done Farrha sighed and looped herself around Layem's neck, suddenly exhausted. He walked them back to the waterfall.

Serrated Pilco Shell
@sabariel I keep forgetting to ping you and having to repost. Why am I like this.
Shoulda worked on this yesterday but I had class and wasn't feeling it.
GD7On40.png
[b]Days 31 & 32:[/b] Farrha woke to find her adoptive daughter missing. Sweeping around their dark home, she found no sight of her anywhere. She shook her adult clanmates awake one at a time, keeping her voice down as to not wake her sleeping children. "Where could she have gone?" Farrha asked, her voice floating down from the roof over their heads. "We don't know anyone here, who knows. Maybe she went out for a walk?" Zudal replied. Layem sat between them, mouth pulled into a grim line. All he could think of was that thing from the edge of the rainforest. "Thing?" the ladies asked in tandem. He startled from his thoughts, had he been talking? "It caused the stampede. Looked like a Bog but [i]big[/i]." Layem breathed out slowly, "Haven't seen it since, but who knows where it lives. And if you can make that many animals do the same thing at once, what's a dragon?" "Do you think we could find this guy?" Zudal asked, already moving for the cave's mouth. Layem lagged behind, laden with dread. The prickling sensation of that magic on his scales came to mind. Farrha brought up the rear with speed, diving from the ceiling to Layem's shoulder. "Be careful, I can't-" She turned to look back toward the sleeping area, abruptly realizing the volume of her voice. The silhouette of her daughter flopped on her side in her sleep. "Someone has to stay behind." She said, keeping her voice low this time. Zudal took to the air as soon as she'd cleared the waterfall's torrent. She flew in sweeping arcs, head scanning the trees below her. Her blue body stuck out against the early morning sky easily, until it was swallowed by the canopy of trees above him.He just kept walking, sweeping his gaze from side to side, keep an eye out for any copper fur. His magic wasn't giving him anything. Zudal's voice carried down to him on occasion. "Anything?" No. "Any sight of her?" No. "Have you seen anything?" Layem was about to call out 'No' again when the sounds of a shallow creek met his ears. Coming to jump it he saw something, a pair of footprints, a smaller one and then a larger one, both four toed. He called for Zudal, and she crashed through the canopy, scattering leaves. He pointed his nose at the footprint as he called on his magic. He was no trained mage, but he could track. All good Plague hunters could. Pulsing his magic he sensed the last of the body heat coming off the print as it washed downstream. Pulling on the meager thread Layem started tracking. Another footprint, another, a crushed leaf here and some striped bark there. More footprints and more marks. Layem picked up speed, Zudal trailing behind him, her larger form unsuited for sprinting through the tight spaces between the towering trees. The trail was stronger now, but took several paths, doubling over itself. She had to be here somewhere. "Ara!" he called. A log rolled over, and a pinprick of copper met his eyes. He dove toward her, eager to help her up. When he finally found her she was huddled under a log, looking dreadfully frightened. She was breathing hard and shaking. "There was-" she began shakily. He hushed her, already knowing what she was trying to tell him. "Come on, me and Auntie will get you back home. He turned to Zudal to direct her to carry the Tundra only to find her no where to be found. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Taq woke suddenly to the dull thud of a small rock bouncing off his nose. His head swam, how long had it been this time? Putting his paw over his snout, he concentrated on the tree trunk ahead of him, as his vision threatened swimming. A blurry wheat brown shape dropped down from the trunk, and a familiar hoofed hand tapped his nose, then gripped one horn. A familiar weight shifted onto his neck and then his shoulder. Stoneshaper was alive! His elation translated to only a faint groan, and a pitiful attempt to look at her, from her place on his shoulders. His wing muscles felt like they'd been ripped from his back. She slapped him with an open palm and he gave up and went still. The cool wash of beast magic washed over him. The stiff ache in his limbs faded somewhat. She slipped from his back again. Her opened his eyes again in time to watch her wrench her waterskin from her side and uncork it before pouring it in his parched mouth. She looked relieved, but kept her eyebrows furrowed, making a valiant attempt at looking angry. "That thing trotted off with a new toy. Long and blue. Spiny. What're those called again?" "Ridgeback." He replied hoarsely. "Come onnnn." she drawled before hopping onto his shoulders again, "I miss the sun." [item="Scholar"] [item="Ambush"] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- @sabariel Back to back battlestones! I failed all the flips too. Aramisa joined the Beast. Taq escaped. Zudal joined the Beast. Aramisa escaped. I've changed the rules for hopefully the last time. Now when I fail flips I roll a D4 for a food rule, then RNG a party for the Prey team. Beast Party always goes for 40 or 50(Meat). The Spiral babies are big now! I've named them already, but need to introduce them. But these swaps felt more important. Poor Zudal. Layem is inches from Level 9. Farrha is level 8, and Taq is on the edge of Level 6. He now has Regeneration and Bright Bolt.
Days 31 & 32:
Farrha woke to find her adoptive daughter missing. Sweeping around their dark home, she found no sight of her anywhere. She shook her adult clanmates awake one at a time, keeping her voice down as to not wake her sleeping children.

"Where could she have gone?" Farrha asked, her voice floating down from the roof over their heads.
"We don't know anyone here, who knows. Maybe she went out for a walk?" Zudal replied.
Layem sat between them, mouth pulled into a grim line. All he could think of was that thing from the edge of the rainforest.

"Thing?" the ladies asked in tandem.
He startled from his thoughts, had he been talking?

"It caused the stampede. Looked like a Bog but big." Layem breathed out slowly, "Haven't seen it since, but who knows where it lives. And if you can make that many animals do the same thing at once, what's a dragon?"

"Do you think we could find this guy?" Zudal asked, already moving for the cave's mouth. Layem lagged behind, laden with dread. The prickling sensation of that magic on his scales came to mind. Farrha brought up the rear with speed, diving from the ceiling to Layem's shoulder.

"Be careful, I can't-" She turned to look back toward the sleeping area, abruptly realizing the volume of her voice. The silhouette of her daughter flopped on her side in her sleep.

"Someone has to stay behind." She said, keeping her voice low this time.

Zudal took to the air as soon as she'd cleared the waterfall's torrent. She flew in sweeping arcs, head scanning the trees below her. Her blue body stuck out against the early morning sky easily, until it was swallowed by the canopy of trees above him.He just kept walking, sweeping his gaze from side to side, keep an eye out for any copper fur. His magic wasn't giving him anything.

Zudal's voice carried down to him on occasion.
"Anything?" No.
"Any sight of her?" No.
"Have you seen anything?"
Layem was about to call out 'No' again when the sounds of a shallow creek met his ears. Coming to jump it he saw something, a pair of footprints, a smaller one and then a larger one, both four toed.

He called for Zudal, and she crashed through the canopy, scattering leaves.
He pointed his nose at the footprint as he called on his magic. He was no trained mage, but he could track. All good Plague hunters could.

Pulsing his magic he sensed the last of the body heat coming off the print as it washed downstream. Pulling on the meager thread Layem started tracking. Another footprint, another, a crushed leaf here and some striped bark there.

More footprints and more marks. Layem picked up speed, Zudal trailing behind him, her larger form unsuited for sprinting through the tight spaces between the towering trees.

The trail was stronger now, but took several paths, doubling over itself. She had to be here somewhere.

"Ara!" he called. A log rolled over, and a pinprick of copper met his eyes. He dove toward her, eager to help her up.

When he finally found her she was huddled under a log, looking dreadfully frightened. She was breathing hard and shaking.

"There was-" she began shakily. He hushed her, already knowing what she was trying to tell him.
"Come on, me and Auntie will get you back home. He turned to Zudal to direct her to carry the Tundra only to find her no where to be found.
Taq woke suddenly to the dull thud of a small rock bouncing off his nose. His head swam, how long had it been this time? Putting his paw over his snout, he concentrated on the tree trunk ahead of him, as his vision threatened swimming.

A blurry wheat brown shape dropped down from the trunk, and a familiar hoofed hand tapped his nose, then gripped one horn. A familiar weight shifted onto his neck and then his shoulder. Stoneshaper was alive!

His elation translated to only a faint groan, and a pitiful attempt to look at her, from her place on his shoulders. His wing muscles felt like they'd been ripped from his back. She slapped him with an open palm and he gave up and went still.

The cool wash of beast magic washed over him. The stiff ache in his limbs faded somewhat. She slipped from his back again. Her opened his eyes again in time to watch her wrench her waterskin from her side and uncork it before pouring it in his parched mouth. She looked relieved, but kept her eyebrows furrowed, making a valiant attempt at looking angry.

"That thing trotted off with a new toy. Long and blue. Spiny. What're those called again?"

"Ridgeback." He replied hoarsely.

"Come onnnn." she drawled before hopping onto his shoulders again, "I miss the sun."
Scholar Ambush
@sabariel
Back to back battlestones! I failed all the flips too.

Aramisa joined the Beast. Taq escaped.
Zudal joined the Beast. Aramisa escaped.

I've changed the rules for hopefully the last time. Now when I fail flips I roll a D4 for a food rule, then RNG a party for the Prey team. Beast Party always goes for 40 or 50(Meat).

The Spiral babies are big now! I've named them already, but need to introduce them. But these swaps felt more important. Poor Zudal.

Layem is inches from Level 9. Farrha is level 8, and Taq is on the edge of Level 6. He now has Regeneration and Bright Bolt.
GD7On40.png
[i]Noooo[/i] D:. Bad Pinkerton! Poor Aramisa and Zudal, but at least Taq escaped ;w;. Hang in there Zudal! Sounds like a good rule change (I am so happy for the existance of DnD dice). Yay Spiral babs! Can't wait to meet them [emoji=ridgeback laughing].
Noooo D:. Bad Pinkerton! Poor Aramisa and Zudal, but at least Taq escaped ;w;. Hang in there Zudal!
Sounds like a good rule change (I am so happy for the existance of DnD dice).
Yay Spiral babs! Can't wait to meet them .
@Sabariel I think so too, I'm so sick of not getting to coli, even if it risks losing one of my dergs. No risk no reward! Plus I have nothing to write about without the drama.

I have so many DnD dice sitting around, might as well use them. They come in such pretty patterns and some of the sets are so cheap how can I not buy them? I don't even play DnD that often.
@Sabariel I think so too, I'm so sick of not getting to coli, even if it risks losing one of my dergs. No risk no reward! Plus I have nothing to write about without the drama.

I have so many DnD dice sitting around, might as well use them. They come in such pretty patterns and some of the sets are so cheap how can I not buy them? I don't even play DnD that often.
GD7On40.png
[b]Days 33 & 34:[/b] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6790529dcba924614b03dcd8bf24c6f0/tumblr_pp3ixjgCcA1y87bhmo1_1280.png[/img] I'm gonna cheat a bit and not write for now. I'm not satisfied with the way the snippet I had for this pic keeps coming out. I might get it out tomorrow. But Aramisa has an Autumn Dryad, Vividal has Wildwood Owl(et), and Kadere has a (not pictured) Bamboo Phytocat(kitten). [item="Seed Fern Fossil"] [item="Tundra Cactus"] [item="Bark Centipede"] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- @Sabariel Rolled Aramisa, Vividal, and Kadere Got a Wildwood Owl. Gave it to Vividal. 3 Leafy Packs, natural might fragment, and an autumn dryad, gave it to Aramisa. Farrha is now Level 8. Layem is almost Level 9, and Taq is almost Level 6. Found a crimson rogue wing guard, a reflect battlestone, 4 more leafy packs, and a bamboo phytocat.[s] I hate wing guards.[/s]
Days 33 & 34:
tumblr_pp3ixjgCcA1y87bhmo1_1280.png

I'm gonna cheat a bit and not write for now. I'm not satisfied with the way the snippet I had for this pic keeps coming out. I might get it out tomorrow. But Aramisa has an Autumn Dryad, Vividal has Wildwood Owl(et), and Kadere has a (not pictured) Bamboo Phytocat(kitten).

Seed Fern Fossil Tundra Cactus Bark Centipede
@Sabariel
Rolled Aramisa, Vividal, and Kadere
Got a Wildwood Owl. Gave it to Vividal. 3 Leafy Packs, natural might fragment, and an autumn dryad, gave it to Aramisa.
Farrha is now Level 8. Layem is almost Level 9, and Taq is almost Level 6.
Found a crimson rogue wing guard, a reflect battlestone, 4 more leafy packs, and a bamboo phytocat. I hate wing guards.
GD7On40.png
1 2 3 4 5